PDA

View Full Version : kosier/davis

Burns336
03-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Any chance we move kosier to RG and put Davis at LG? Just because marco has become expandable doesnt necessarily mean davis is taking his spot and not kosier right? Most good running games in the NFL have a dominant left side of the line as opposed to having the big money guys on the right side. I know this is generally because of QB's being right handed and having their backside protected but as far as the running game goes, LT with Dielman, Shaun alexander with Hutch, etc. most of the running backs with those great seasons had great LG's to go along with pretty good tackles. Why not put kosier on the other side and try to put davis in next to flo? Wasn't the big upside to kosier supposed to be his flexibility of being able to play different positions?

Id like to hear your guys thoughts.

shane_man
03-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Any chance we move kosier to RG and put Davis at LG? Just because marco has become expandable doesnt necessarily mean davis is taking his spot and not kosier right? Most good running games in the NFL have a dominant left side of the line as opposed to having the big money guys on the right side. I know this is generally because of QB's being right handed and having their backside protected but as far as the running game goes, LT with Dielman, Shaun alexander with Hutch, etc. most of the running backs with those great seasons had great LG's to go along with pretty good tackles. Why not put kosier on the other side and try to put davis in next to flo? Wasn't the big upside to kosier supposed to be his flexibility of being able to play different positions?

Id like to hear your guys thoughts.

Kosier's upside is that he could become a good lineman if he stops getting shuffled up and down the line like a yoyo. Thats why we were able to sign him off free agency and didnt have to trade for him. He was moved all over the shop in Detroit and never solidified his spot.

I dont mind the idea of a lopsided left side(like we had with Allen and Flo)... But I would prefer a very good lineman from left to right. And thats what i think we get with Davis on the right and Kosier on the left.

TNewFan41
03-19-2007, 11:37 AM
The line would be to unbalanced. Kosiar and Colombo are great pass blockers, but if we tried to run to the right, which you have to, you can't just run to the left, Julius and Marion would get owned, although Julius does no matter what :). And Flozall and Davis would own everyone in the running game, but I don't trust them for 1 second with speed rushers on romo's backkside, who is very carless and always looks like he is going to fumble.

mtmock
03-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Julius is a lot better than you think

Staubach12
03-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I have no idea what you have against Julius, TNewFan. It's really annoying.

BTW, I don't see them switching them.

TNewFan41
03-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I just think he is a women, plain and simple. He is so quite and emotionless, and always looks like someone stole his wallet. On the other hand, Marion Barber is always dancing, screaming, and going crazy.