PDA

View Full Version : Denard Robinson wins the Heisman!!!

FUNBUNCHER
09-11-2010, 07:07 PM
It's gonna happen. Watch and see.

He's gonna Mike Vick UM to the Big 10 title.

CashmoneyDrew
09-11-2010, 07:09 PM
A) Wrong forum
B) No

Brodeur
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I support this thread.

WMD
09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Denard Robinson will win the Heisman at least 5 times while at Michigan.

CameronCropper
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Denard Robinson will win the Heisman at least 5 times while at Michigan.

Only 5 times?

Hate.

P-L
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
It's too bad that Florida couldn't guarantee him playing time at quarterback. He'd be so sick in that offense. Could you imagine him and Jeff Demps running the option?

Oh well, I'm sure glad he ended up at U-M. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Forenci
09-11-2010, 08:15 PM
He's pretty damn impressive. For a rather small guy he's got some serious arm strength too.

Oh and Brodeur, I love that you're back to the Keith Law sig quote. I'd rep you but apparently I did so recently and can't again. :(

Brent
09-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Shoelace > Jesus Tebow

Mark it down.

Caulibflower
09-11-2010, 08:45 PM
I was surprised at how tight his throws were. Couple inaccurate ones, but you could expect that- he threw some ropes out there. I'm rather in awe of Denard Robinson right now.

Smooth Criminal
09-11-2010, 09:15 PM
He's be incredible these first two games. I'm worried about his durability, but he has been simply unreal. Michigan will get to a 4-0 start before a big showdown with Michigan State, and then Iowa.

I'm still amazed at what he has done in the first two games.

descendency
09-11-2010, 09:18 PM
TJ Yates disapproves of this thread.

(yes, I was laughing as I typed that)

FUNBUNCHER
09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
200+ yards passing AND over 200 yards rushing??

It's unlikely, but if Denard came close to 2000 yards rushing and over 2000 passing this season, um, I wouldn't know what to say.

I need a flu shot to watch Michigan football games 'cause Denard Robinson is SICK!!!!!

descendency
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
If he hits 2000 rushing 2000 passing, I will forge him a heisman trophy myself.

descendency
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/0/2/0208d23b5af99b05933ad4e3976261c0_denardrobinsonhei smanpose.jpg

Smooth Criminal
09-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Thats priceless. He's campaigning already.

OSUGiants17
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I can name close to 20 players more worthy of the Hiesman. Michigan wont even finish ranked. Shoelace has 2 good games and everyone hops on his dick. **** off, the guy is nothing special and wont do anything after this game.

wonderbredd24
09-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Shoelace > Jesus Tebow

Mark it down.
Doing better than 2 National Titles and a Heisman is a tall order

Hurricanes25
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I can name close to 20 players more worthy of the Hiesman. Michigan wont even finish ranked. Shoelace has 2 good games and everyone hops on his dick. **** off, the guy is nothing special and wont do anything after this game.

Nothing special? Seriously? Anybody who puts up those numbers is special.

Forenci
09-11-2010, 10:07 PM

Oh look, an OSU fan who is upset. Kind of silly when you're clearly being a massive homer and essentially trolling in this thread. Right now there are very few people more worthy than Denard. But it's early.

Also, if you think he's nothing special you're clearly uninformed. I'm not a Michigan fan at all and the kid has loads of talent and is just a sophomore.

OSUGiants17
09-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Im not upset at all cause we will actually finish ranked unlike Michigan. Denard has had 2 good games, but is not hiesman worthy.

He isnt, if he is so special why was he in a camp battle for the starting spot, it shouldnt have even been a contest if he is as good as everyone is making him seem.

Put it this way, if he can continue to play like this against RANKED teams I will give him respect. Michigan State is his first test, if he passes that, he has proven he is special, if he can beat Iowa, then I talk Hiesman like everyone else.

Calvin & Kevin
09-11-2010, 10:13 PM

oh the haterade. love it. Shoe is taking spotlight away from your little Terrelle and you just can't stand it.

obviously he's going to do some things against UMass and Bowling Green and Indiana, come on.

I don't think he's a realistic Heisman candidate either, but I'm laughing at you trying to just hate him away.

superman
09-11-2010, 10:14 PM
i don't think there's any doubt he's heisman SO FAR

and wow that picture is crazy

wonderbredd24
09-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Put it this way, if he can continue to play like this against RANKED teams I will give him respect. Michigan State is his first test, if he passes that, he has proven he is special, if he can beat Iowa, then I talk Hiesman like everyone else.
The only thing I found interesting about this is he's putting the standard so many want to put on Boise State with the national title on Denard Robinson with the Heisman.

The kid has been an absolute stud so far, but that is interesting nonetheless

OSUGiants17
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
oh the haterade. love it. Shoe is taking spotlight away from your little Terrelle and you just can't stand it.

I couldn't care less. I dont care if a player from my team wins Hiesman, I care if they WIN! Something Michigan cant do, they have no one around Denard and will not finish ranked. OSU on the other hand will be top 5, maybe even top 2 and in the BCS championship game.

Forenci
09-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Im not upset at all cause we will actually finish ranked unlike Michigan. Denard has had 2 good games, but is not hiesman worthy.

He isnt, if he is so special why was he in a camp battle for the starting spot, it shouldnt have even been a contest if he is as good as everyone is making him seem.

OSU finishing ranked has nothing to do with this argument. All it proves is you're bias about this subject.

And dude, he just had 500 yards total offense. That's absurdly awesome. Lets not act like ND is some bottom of the barrel program either. They've had their problems but they still get top recruits all the time and have some pretty good defensive players. Including one of the best linebackers in the country.

wonderbredd24
09-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Lets not act like ND is some bottom of the barrel program either. They've had their problems but they still get top recruits all the time and have some pretty good defensive players. Including one of the best linebackers in the country.
No, they are a mediocre, middle of the road, nothing special program. If not for the name Notre Dame, they'd be Virginia right now.

However, Robinson having that kind of day is impressive against air.

Calvin & Kevin
09-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I couldn't care less. I dont care if a player from my team wins Hiesman, I care if they WIN! Something Michigan cant do, they have no one around Denard and will not finish ranked. OSU on the other hand will be top 5, maybe even top 2 and in the BCS championship game.

Hahaha so what? This isn't a thread about who's got the better team - OSU obviously does, so congratulations on that. The fact you had to come into this thread and point that out suggests that either you really are worried about Denard Robinson being a threat to your precious buckeyes or you're just jealous about anyone from Michigan getting any attention.

Either way:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/haterade.gif

OSUGiants17
09-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Hahaha so what? This isn't a thread about who's got the better team - OSU obviously does, so congratulations on that. The fact you had to come into this thread and point that out suggests that either you really are worried about Denard Robinson being a threat to your precious buckeyes or you're just jealous about anyone from Michigan getting any attention.

IDC what school this guy is from, if anyone else in the nation just had 2 good games against ****** teams and then everyone hoped on their dick and said Hiesmanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz giv it to him NaOw!!!!! I would be pissed.

Hurricanes25
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
IDC what school this guy is from, if anyone else in the nation just had 2 good games against ****** teams and then everyone hoped on their dick and said Hiesmanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz giv it to him NaOw!!!!! I would be pissed.

UCONN and Notre Dame are both respectable/decent teams. It's not like he was doing it against teams from the FCS.

Scotty D
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Has Terrelle Pryor ever ran/thrown for 200 yards?

OSUGiants17
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM
UCONN is not a tuff school, and niether is ND(just like wonderbread siad, all they got goin for them is the name). Like I said earlier, if he can step up vs Michigan State, and Iowa I will give him probs. His 4 biggest tests this year, Mchigan State, Iowa, Wisc and OSU. He will be lucky to get half the game he did today against 1 of those teams.

OSUGiants17
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM

Do I care???

Hurricanes25
09-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Nope. Actually, he only eclipsed 100 rushing yards 4 times so far in his career.

wonderbredd24
09-11-2010, 10:36 PM
UCONN and Notre Dame are both respectable/decent teams. It's not like he was doing it against teams from the FCS.
It would still be impressive if he did it against FCS teams, especially as they seem to keep beating Division I teams

Calvin & Kevin
09-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Anyway no one is really serious about giving him the Heisman, at least I don't think so.

But I'll say this: if you think he's just gonna disappear against Big Ten competition, I think you're nuts. As long as he's healthy, I don't see anyone just being able to shrug him off.

Obviously Michigan is gonna have to get him some help and work on getting their RBs going more. Fortunately, they have a couple of backs with some ability and three games against cupcakes to work on that.

Will he run for 2000 yards or even 1500? Probably not, if he has to do that it means he's doing too much by himself and will wear down.

Though on the other hand - he's already at 455 yards rushing in two games, and it wasn't against Marshall, either. He could crack 1500. If he adds 2000+ yards passing - which he should do if they cut down on his runs and pass a little more - who knows?

brat316
09-11-2010, 10:40 PM
No Sniper comment?

OSUGiants17
09-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Anyway no one is really serious about giving him the Heisman, at least I don't think so.

But I'll say this: if you think he's just gonna disappear against Big Ten competition, I think you're nuts. As long as he's healthy, I don't see anyone just being able to shrug him off.

Obviously Michigan is gonna have to get him some help and work on getting their RBs going more. Fortunately, they have a couple of backs with some ability and three games against cupcakes to work on that.

Will he run for 2000 yards or even 1500? Probably not, if he has to do that it means he's doing too much by himself and will wear down.

Though on the other hand - he's already at 455 yards rushing in two games, and it wasn't against Marshall, either. He could crack 1500. If he adds 2000+ yards passing - which he should do if they cut down on his runs and pass a little more - who knows?

Finally someone logical not all over Denards ****! Lol. Dont get me wrong, he can have one heck of a season, but he is in a tough conference and has only played 2 games, both against mediocre teams.

Would anyone here like to make a Denard sig bet? He wins Hiesman, I wear any sig you want, he doesn't you where any sig I make you. You must wear the sig for a whole month after the Hiesman voting.

brat316
09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
to bad for poor Tate Forcier.

gpngc
09-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Kendall Hunter's like nah.

wogitalia
09-11-2010, 11:11 PM
No Sniper comment?

Pretty sure he will spend the next two days locked in his room with the game tape and a box of tissues ;)

Pretty exciting to watch Denard so far, amazing athlete, Heisman hype is warranted at this point but needs to go on with it if he wants to have any chance of actually winning it.

RufusMcDaniel
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9245/55193401.jpg

D-Unit
09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Love this player.

Not an NFL QB prospect... yet.

gpngc
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Love this player.

Not an MLB prospect... yet.

Fixed it...

descendency
09-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Love this player.

6'0" 190 lb QBs don't exist in the NFL.

Babylon
09-12-2010, 01:12 AM
I was impressed with Robinson's toughness, he was taking some serious licks but hung in there and didnt turn the ball over.

Having said that i think if Crist doesnt get hurt it is Notre Dame's game all the way.

steelernation77
09-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Robinson is going to get murdered in a Big Ten season. He is more likely to end up in a hospital bed than the NY Athletic Club. He can't get hit as much as he does right now through a full season and stay healthy.

descendency
09-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Seriously, the man to watch out for might be Landry Jones, who torched Florida State quite effortlessly, or Trent Richardson, who put up almost 150 yards rushing on a team in Penn State who hasn't given up 100 in quite some time.

If Robinson can do this weekly and not get hurt, sure, he's a Heisman hopeful. If anyone believes it will continue or that he won't get hurt: Good luck. Lots of undersized scrambling QBs exist and lots of them visit the sidelines for extended periods of the game.

I know a lot of people will laugh at this, but TJ Yates put up 4 TDs and like 400 yards against LSU in a near win. If that team had key players on the defense, that would have been a super offensive showing against what is usually a very good defense. That should show you how freaky and flukey college football can get from week to week.

Caulibflower
09-12-2010, 02:14 AM

Seriously?

Drew Brees.

And Michael Vick is only 6'. Denard's got three years to add weight, and he's close to 200 now. I'd expect him to be around 210 by the time he's done. I think Michigan has him listed at 195.

ironman4579
09-12-2010, 02:19 AM

Most Michigan fans doubt he's even 5'11" actually. The weight is probably accurate, but I'd be shocked if he's actually 6'0". The best pro QB prospect on Michigan by far is Devin Gardner. Too bad RR already burned his redshirt for 3 plays in 2 games. With the way Denard is playing, he won't be starting until his senior year.

ironman4579
09-12-2010, 02:29 AM
I realize this might not be the best time to post this, but I don't care. It made me laugh my ass off.

YgBGo71QHKM

STsACE
09-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Love this player.

Position change. ALA Josh Cribbs, return man, WR/HB type player if he makes it to NFL. And this is coming from a Michigan fan.

Either way, he gives UM the best chance to win this year if he stays healthly. The RBs need to step up as it seems the WRs are.

And our Defense is very subject. Hopefully we can find someone to play Safety in the next 2 weeks cause ours right now suck.

Back to Denard. His numbers in the first 2 games are worth mentioning. I don't see him keeping up that type of production throughout the Big 10 schedule, but should still have some ridiculous numbers for the year. They still have a shot at finishing in the 20-25 range. If they finish 8-4, 9-3 he deserves to get some hype, but won't win.

nepg
09-12-2010, 09:58 AM

How can you name 20 players more worth after 2 games? See what I did there?

http://9gag.com/photo/20620_540.jpg

scottyboy
09-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Joe Lefeged for Heisman.
2 blocked punts, 2 forced fumbles, 1 INT.
why's this tie in? I think we all remember another Michigan defensive player who won heisman.
that and I'm a tremendous homer.
But yea, I'm totez on the Denard wagon.

P-L
09-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't care who he played, what Denard Robinson did was impressive. Who was the last quarterback to put up almost 900 yards of offense in two games against anyone? Notre Dame is an average FBS team and UConn is likely in the top half of the Big East, a BCS conference. Is either team going to end up in a BCS Bowl? No, extremely unlikely. However, let's not pretend that the only worthy teams in college football are the ones with little numbers next to their names. Is Denard going to lead Michigan to the National title? No, he's not. However, two games into the season he has been "the most outstanding player in college football."

Forenci
09-12-2010, 10:58 AM
UCONN is not a tuff school, and niether is ND(just like wonderbread siad, all they got goin for them is the name). Like I said earlier, if he can step up vs Michigan State, and Iowa I will give him probs. His 4 biggest tests this year, Mchigan State, Iowa, Wisc and OSU. He will be lucky to get half the game he did today against 1 of those teams.

Uh yeah, UConn is a good team. So is ND. They may not be top 25 teams but they are still both pretty good. He's doing this against teams that are far from push overs. But hey, feel free to keep being delusional and think he did this against cupcakes.

scottyboy
09-12-2010, 11:06 AM
OSU, it's a well known fact I pretty much despise UConn being the...well...large Rutgers homer I am, but you're selling them short. Both UConn and ND are very solid teams and no pushovers. It's not like he piled up numbers against DIII schools

nrk
09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't care who he played, what Denard Robinson did was impressive. Who was the last quarterback to put up almost 900 yards of offense in two games against anyone? Notre Dame is an average FBS team and UConn is likely in the top half of the Big East, a BCS conference. Is either team going to end up in a BCS Bowl? No, extremely unlikely. However, let's not pretend that the only worthy teams in college football are the ones with little numbers next to their names. Is Denard going to lead Michigan to the National title? No, he's not. However, two games into the season he has been "the most outstanding player in college football."

Sam Bradford put up 387 yards against Texas then 468 against Kansas the next week for 855 yards :)

I haven't caught a Michigan game yet though, I'll have to keep an eye out for Robinson.

wonderbredd24
09-12-2010, 11:15 AM
How is Notre Dame a good team? They refused a bowl bid last year out of shame.

This year isn't looking much better with teams like Stanford and USC still on the schedule.

iowatreat54
09-12-2010, 11:30 AM
I think Denard is bonerific and has been flat out destroying everyone in his way so far. Very impressive.

However, let's not act like ND or UConn are world beaters. Yes, they are technically termed BCS teams (for lack of a better description), but both have defenses that are middle of the pack D1 probably, and that's being pretty generous.

Again, Robinson looks awesome and has had amazingly impressive first 2 games, but I'll wait until he faces legitimate defenses before making any judgments.

Sniper
09-12-2010, 12:37 PM

That "battle" was over in the spring. The fall camp battle was about as much of a battle as me against Tom Brady would be.

Sniper
09-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I find it funny that OSUGiants was leading the Terrelle Pryor charge before one game, but once Denard Robinson and his 885 total yards get mentioned as a possible candidate for the Heisman, he freaks out like a 12-year-old.

He16man.

P-L
09-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Sam Bradford put up 387 yards against Texas then 468 against Kansas the next week for 855 yards :)

I haven't caught a Michigan game yet though, I'll have to keep an eye out for Robinson.
Yeah, and Sam Bradford is a Heisman trophy winner. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

descendency
09-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Seriously?

Drew Brees.

And Michael Vick is only 6'. Denard's got three years to add weight, and he's close to 200 now. I'd expect him to be around 210 by the time he's done. I think Michigan has him listed at 195.

Mike Vick is a backup. Drew Brees is a major exception.

I really doubt Denard Robinson is even 5'11".

P-L
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Denard is not an NFL quarterback. Don't worry about his pro potential, just enjoy watching him win three Heisman trophies and two National Championships.

iowatreat54
09-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Denard is not an NFL quarterback. Don't worry about his pro potential, just enjoy watching him win three Heisman trophies and two National Championships.

Only 2 NCs?

Or are you just accepting that Michigan will have one loss this season, and the undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes will take the NC? :)

Sniper
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Only 2 NCs?

Or are you just accepting that Michigan will have one loss this season, and the undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes will take the NC? :)

No one said Denard isn't a generous guy. He loves Iowa. I mean, look at his offering to EPIC GREENWOOD last year.

P-L
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm accepting that our defense isn't good enough to win a title this year. But the next two years, watch out.

Sniper
09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm accepting that our defense isn't good enough to win a title this year. But the next two years, watch out.

I don't know, man. JORDAN KOVACS GOT A PICK!!!!! Michigan for national champs in '10, '11, '12, '13, and '14, amirite????

Sniper
09-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Robinson was named the Walter Camp Offensive Player of the Week for the second straight week. He's the first-ever player to get the award in back-to-back weeks.

MiWolves
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Mike Vick is a backup. Drew Brees is a major exception.

I really doubt Denard Robinson is even 5'11".

Really..? how long have you watched football.. Anyone who seen football since 1999 knows that Michael Vick was one of the most electric football players EVER to play. If he didn't get caught running a dog fighting scheme. He would be starting right now. He was the team from 1999-2006..

Hawk
09-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Finally someone logical not all over Denards ****! Lol. Dont get me wrong, he can have one heck of a season, but he is in a tough conference and has only played 2 games, both against mediocre teams.

Would anyone here like to make a Denard sig bet? He wins Hiesman, I wear any sig you want, he doesn't you where any sig I make you. You must wear the sig for a whole month after the Hiesman voting.

Yeah I'm going to be that guy. It's HEISMAN. Don't be a dumbass.

And I fully support Shoelace for Heisman.

Sniper
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah I'm going to be that guy. It's HEISMAN. Don't be a dumbass.

I like that you only picked Heisman as the incorrect word when there were, like, 200 incorrect words. :D

And I fully support Shoelace for Heisman.

I fully support you. Who should be the Tennessee guy who loses the Heisman to Shoelace this year? :D

Hawk
09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I like that you only picked Heisman as the incorrect word when there were, like, 200 incorrect words. :D

I fully support you. Who should be the Tennessee guy who loses the Heisman to Shoelace this year? :D

Haha I only picked the ones that stood out.

And easy there. I root for Michigan. They were my team until I enrolled at UT and just started following them more, plus I hate RichRod and that makes it tough for me.

Woodson deserved it over Manning that year. You have no idea how many debates I've had on that issue at school.

Sniper
09-12-2010, 09:46 PM
And easy there. I root for Michigan.

I'm just breaking balls.

Woodson deserved it over Manning that year. You have no idea how many debates I've had on that issue at school.

It's a sore subject. This guy from Knoxville came into the hotel I work at a couple months ago. We started talking about UT football and whatnot, and I let it slip that I'm a UM fan. He looks at me and deadpans, "**** Charles Woodson" and leaves. I didn't realize how seriously Vols fans took it.

descendency
09-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Really..? how long have you watched football.. Anyone who seen football since 1999 knows that Michael Vick was one of the most electric football players EVER to play. If he didn't get caught running a dog fighting scheme. He would be starting right now. He was the team from 1999-2006..

Fair enough.

Vick and Brees are two of the biggest exceptions I've ever seen. Brees has elite mechanics (and really just elite polish to his game - maybe the best ever in that respect) and Mike Vick was the fastest man in pads, period. Then again, Mike Vick wasn't a great passer (his career passing percentage is around 55) and the NFL has moved to more passing than running.

Robinson might succeed simply because of that, but I have a strong feeling that NFL linebackers and DBs have just gotten too fast for another Mike Vick to succeed like that.

soybean
09-18-2010, 12:46 PM
This guy is good.

P-L
09-18-2010, 03:19 PM
So-so day for Denard. Only 345 total yards and 3 TD.

Sniper
09-18-2010, 06:22 PM
So-so day for Denard. Only 345 total yards and 3 TD.

He's only up to 1,230 yards. Vagina.

Forenci
09-18-2010, 06:23 PM
He's only up to 1,230 yards. Vagina.

It's alright. There's no shame in being the runner up to Jordan Todman in the Heisman voting.

Sniper
09-18-2010, 06:31 PM
It's alright. There's no shame in being the runner up to Jordan Todman in the Heisman voting.

Jordan Todman sucks. Robinson has more rushing yards than that scrub.

soybean
09-18-2010, 07:01 PM
If Denard Robinson and LaMichael James were on the same team...

wonderbredd24
09-18-2010, 07:03 PM

LaMichael James would beat his girlfriend?

Sniper
09-18-2010, 07:04 PM

I'd settle for Demetrius Hart.

TitanHope
09-18-2010, 07:04 PM
It's a sore subject. This guy from Knoxville came into the hotel I work at a couple months ago. We started talking about UT football and whatnot, and I let it slip that I'm a UM fan. He looks at me and deadpans, "**** Charles Woodson" and leaves. I didn't realize how seriously Vols fans took it.

He didn't rent out a room, did he? Cause there's a good chance he would've lit the mattress of fire...

Sniper
09-18-2010, 07:05 PM
He didn't rent out a room, did he? Cause there's a good chance he would've lit the mattress of fire...

He did. The mattress made it out unscathed. He was so mad, though.

TitanHope
09-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Eh, if it were anyone but Manning, they probably wouldn't care anymore.

I just think it's funny how Vols fans can worship Manning but then be so critical of a guy like Casey Clausen. Makes it hard to post on UT messageboards because of how entitled and unrealistic the majority of them are (but then again, I guess a lot of fan bases are like that).

Sniper
09-19-2010, 09:04 AM
http://isportsweb.com/2010/09/18/robinson-is-making-a-mockery-of-michigans-record-book/

Now the proud owner of the best, second-best, and ninth-best games in UM history in terms of total yardage.

BuckeyeDan17
09-20-2010, 12:27 AM
http://isportsweb.com/2010/09/18/robinson-is-making-a-mockery-of-michigans-record-book/

Now the proud owner of the best, second-best, and ninth-best games in UM history in terms of total yardage.

I'll never root for him; however, respect is due where it is undoubtedly earned.

Sniper
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I defy anyone to find something more awesome than this.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2cqcri1.jpg

Don Vito
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/59539/jsneadxbox360.jpg

P-L
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM

Is this real and where do I obtain one?

Prowler
09-20-2010, 06:26 PM

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/denard-robinson-action-figure-2010-schedule-wallpaper

it was custom made out of tom brady and troy polamalu figures

Sniper
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think you can obtain one. If I could, I would buy a million of them.

Shane P. Hallam
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Overrated! ;)

Nah, Denard is amazing, but the rest of Michigan isn't and it will bite him in the long run. UMass is good, but when a game is that close, they are going to drop a few.

Prowler
09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
that guy could have one heck of a career in online porn or illegal forgeries. i have no idea how he made that figure and packaging look so good. even the circular small print of 'authentic shoelace' stuff looks good.

CC
09-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Overrated! ;)

Nah, Denard is amazing, but the rest of Michigan isn't and it will bite him in the long run. UMass is good, but when a game is that close, they are going to drop a few.

Good thing he has 3 years of eligibility left.

Shane P. Hallam
09-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Good thing he has 3 years of eligibility left.

Definitely a fear for me in 2011/2012. I think the Buckeyes can sneak one, maybe two more, but if Rich Rod sticks around because of Robinson, the Wolverines will win another one very soon.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think you can obtain one. If I could, I would buy a million of them.

I figured it wasn't real. If it was, it makes no sense that they couldn't have their likenesses in video games when action figures are totally fair game.

Sniper
09-25-2010, 02:26 PM
189 total yards and two touchdowns on nine touches today.

BeerBaron
09-25-2010, 02:30 PM
189 total yards and two touchdowns on nine touches today.

Imagine what he would have done if not for the injury.

Sniper
09-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Imagine what he would have done if not for the injury.

He probably wouldn't have played much more, but yeah, he probably would have racked up another 300+ yard game.

ElectricEye
09-25-2010, 11:44 PM
The thing that impresses me the most about him are all the little cuts he makes. For a guy with enough straight line speed to run down a car, he has serious wiggle to him too. Love the way he runs. Only saw the highlights today, but that's all there were.

yourfavestoner
09-26-2010, 01:28 AM
I think the real question here is why isn't Denard Robinson in the SEC?

yodabear
09-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Today redemption was spelt TATE tho.......

soybean
09-26-2010, 02:44 AM

not fast enough.

P-L
09-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Denard was down to Florida and Michigan when he chose the Wolverines. The reason he chose U-M was because we told him he could play quarterback while Florida wanted him to play corner back.

critesy
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
because cameron newton is already too much to handle. cant have denard and cam in the same conference.

BuckeyeDan17
09-27-2010, 10:15 AM
because cameron newton is already too much to handle. cant have denard and cam in the same conference.

Yeah, we can't have the universe collapsing on itself.

P-L
10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
67/96 (70%), 1,008 yards, 10.5 ypa, 7 TD, 1 INT; 97 carries, 906 yards, 9.3 ypc, 8 TD

- Two game winning touchdown drives.
- Leads the NCAA in rushing.
- Leads the NCAA in total touchdowns.
- Only quarterback in NCAA history to have two games with 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in a season.
- Played less than one quarter against Bowling Green, the worst defense Michigan will face this year.

Sniper
10-02-2010, 06:11 PM
That doesn't seem accurate.

906 rushing yards, eight touchdowns.
1,008 passing yards, seven touchdowns.
1,914 total yards and 15 touchdowns.

iowatreat54
10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Umm he's not even averaging 400 total yards a game? No way does he deserve the Heisman...

ironman4579
10-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I think you guys are both wrong.

966 passing yards 7 TD's, 1 INT.

874 rushing yards, 7 TD's

EDIT:Never mind, I already know mine is wrong. I used the gametracker from Mgoblue and they hadn't updated the numbers. Only Had Denard with 1 rushing TD, so that should be 8 plus more yardage.

Sniper
10-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I think you guys are both wrong.

966 passing yards 7 TD's, 1 INT.

874 rushing yards, 7 TD's

Your math isn't good.

Passing- 186, 244, 241, 60, 277= 1,008 yards
Rushing- 197, 258, 104, 129, 218= 906 yards.
Passing TDs- 1, 1, 2, 0, 3= 7 touchdowns.
Rushing TDs- 1, 2, 1, 2, 2= 8 touchdowns.

P-L
10-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Nah, Sniper is right. I screwed up the calculations. His numbers are right.

ironman4579
10-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Thus my edit above.

P-L
10-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Umm he's not even averaging 400 total yards a game? No way does he deserve the Heisman...
He's averaging 113 yards per quarter played. That averages out to 452 total yards per four quarter game. He'd probably be pretty close to 500 yards per game if he didn't get hurt against Bowling Green.

Sniper
10-02-2010, 06:39 PM
He's averaging 113 yards per quarter played. That averages out to 452 total yards per four quarter game. He'd probably be pretty close to 500 yards per game if he didn't get hurt against Bowling Green.

I'm 99.8 percent sure Treat was kidding.

P-L
10-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, I know. I was just pointing out how ridiculous his numbers really are.

10-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Let's get Denarded!

HA

Let's get Denarded in here!

scottyboy
10-02-2010, 07:59 PM
he is unreal. those numbers just...just don't make sense

Sniper
10-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Obviously, he won't keep this pace up (or will he? MUAHAHAHAHHAHA), but he's on pace for...

2,419 passing yards and 17 touchdowns
2,174 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns

in the regular season.

Forenci
10-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Who does Michigan play next week? Michigan State? Either way I can't wait to see what he does again some of the Big Ten teams. I'm hoping he destroys Ohio State, haha.

Scotty D
10-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Who does Michigan play next week? Michigan State? Either way I can't wait to see what he does again some of the Big Ten teams. I'm hoping he destroys Ohio State, haha.

Yeah, 5-0 vs. 5-0 in Ann Arbor.

ElectricEye
10-02-2010, 11:03 PM
He's a hell of a passer too. That's getting lost in this. He's not one dimensional in the slightest. It would be so cool to see a guy go 2000/2000. He can't, but if he does, ****.

brat316
10-02-2010, 11:28 PM
How are they ranked 19th?

Silver & Blue
10-02-2010, 11:32 PM
How are they ranked 19th?

Well, if our defense was better we would be dominating opponents right now. Our secondary is pretty depleted and our linebackers are average at best.

brat316
10-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Well, if our defense was better we would be dominating opponents right now. Our secondary is pretty depleted and our linebackers are average at best.

I meant as in they shouldn't be ranked cause of who they played so far.

Silver & Blue
10-03-2010, 12:06 AM

I kind of had a feeling you were saying that. But, like I said in my previous post, it all comes down to our defense. Our offense is very explosive, but the defense is one of the worst I have seen in Michigan history.

aLARGEtopHat
10-03-2010, 12:09 AM

And who are you going to rank above them? Nevada who beat Cal and then a bunch of one loss teams is all you have...

MikeVickTheSickest
10-03-2010, 12:26 AM
And who are you going to rank above them? Nevada who beat Cal and then a bunch of one loss teams is all you have...

the funny thing about you George_Lippard is that now whoever you are you have enough rep to rep rape yourself from your other name very funny jackass

aLARGEtopHat
10-03-2010, 12:44 AM
the funny thing about you George_Lippard is that now whoever you are you have enough rep to rep rape yourself from your other name very funny jackass

This would make a lot more sense if I was George Lippard in a past life, but since I'm not, and do not know how story, I'm slightly confused.

brat316
10-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Kansas State, Missouri maybe, Oklahoma State, Northwestern,

Draft King
10-03-2010, 10:16 AM
This would make a lot more sense if I was George Lippard in a past life, but since I'm not, and do not know how story, I'm slightly confused.

I want to say either Snuff or Nerv.

bored of education
10-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Well when he plays a defense that actually is a defense, and by the I mean not Indiana, UMASS, ND, and who ever. Lets see how he does against MSU, WIS, OSU, IOWA, if thye play those teams. He is a freka yes, but he is doing it against teams I could play for

Sniper
10-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Well when he plays a defense that actually is a defense, and by the I mean not Indiana, UMASS, ND, and who ever. Lets see how he does against MSU, WIS, OSU, IOWA, if thye play those teams. He is a freka yes, but he is doing it against teams I could play for

I hear this argument, yet I fail to see anybody else putting up the numbers he's putting up. I KNOW that Michigan hasn't had the easiest schedule either. It's not amazing, but it's not a bunch of D-3 teams, either.

bored of education
10-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I understand, but no one put up the number Graham Harrell put up. :) Well yeah ummm against D 1 teams. ND defense is worse than UMASS' defense which is worse than Indiana's defense. Sniper me and you could play DT for those 3 teams :)

ironman4579
10-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Kansas State, Missouri maybe, Oklahoma State, Northwestern,

Northwestern what? If you're talking about who teams have played someone, Northwestern has played an even worse schedule than Michigan. They haven't played a single team with even a .500 record. They beat 1-3 Vanderbilt by 2 points. They played a 3-2 1AA team, and 1-4 Rice. They beat 2-3 Central Michigan by 5, and 1-4 Minnesota (a team that lost to 1AA South Dakota) by 1. Northwestern's combined opponent record, including 1AA Illinois State, is 8-16, for a super sweet .333 winning percentage. There's no way Northwestern should be ahead of Michigan based on who they've played.

You could debate the other ones. I'm sure plenty of people would agree with you. To be honest with you, even as a Michigan fan, I don't think Michigan should be ranked #19 after that defensive performance against Indiana, because unless there's a miraculous defensive turnaround, I don't think Michigan win's more than a couple more games this season.

Michigan
3-2 UConn
2-3 Notre Dame
4-1 UMass
1-4 Bowling Green
3-1 Indiana

13-11 .542 (9-10 .474 without UMass) 3 BCS conference teams, 1 MAC, 1 1AA

Kansas State
3-2 UCLA
2-2 Missouri State
3-2 Iowa State
2-2 UCF

10-8 .556 (8-6 .571 without Missouri State) 2 BCS conference teams, 1 CUSA, 1 1AA

Missouri
2-2 Illinois
2-2 McNeese State
3-1 San Diego State
3-2 Miami (Ohio)

10-7 .588 (8-5 .615 without McNeese State) 1 BCS conference team, 1 MWC, 1 MAC, 1 1AA

Oklahoma State
1-4 Washington State
2-2 Troy
3-2 Tulsa
3-1 Texas A&M

9-9 .500 2 BCS conference teams, 1 Sun Belt, 1 CUSA

Looking at that, if those were my only choices, I'd probably put Kansas State over Michigan. Missouri no. They've only played 1 BCS conference team, and that's 2-2 Illinois that'll be lucky to make a bowl game. Oklahoma State maybe. But one of the BCS conference teams they've played is 1-4 Washington State.

Kansas State is about the only team there I'd definately put over Michigan based on resume.

bored of education
10-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Denard has yet to win anything of value, yet.

Michigan
10-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Denard has yet to win anything of value, yet.

so who has then?

bored of education
10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
no one, but he is in the convo. the thread title is misleading. cam newton won some games againsts ranked opponets.

RealityCheck
10-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Shaun Draughn for Heisman.

There, I said it.

P-L
10-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I understand, but no one put up the number Graham Harrell put up. :)
Graham Harrell was a compiler. He was an above-average quarterback who threw the ball a lot. 713 and 626 attempts in his junior and senior seasons. In 2008, when Texas Tech went undefeated for much of the year, his 8.1 yards per attempt was just a little above average and he threw a touchdown once every 13.9 attempts. Denard Robinson has averaged 10.5 yards per attempt passing and has a touchdown once every 13.7 attempts. He's thrown only 1 interception in 96 attempts while Harrell averaged one every 69 attempts.

Denard Robinson first 96 passes, 2010: 67/96 (69.7%), 1008 yards, 10.5 ypa, 7 TD, 1 INT
Graham Harrell first 104 passes, 2008: 62/104 (59.6%), 833 yards, 8.0 ypa, 3 TD, 3 INT

So yeah, Denard has been far more statistically impressive as a passer than Harrell was. Don't forget, Harrell was getting Heisman buzz too for most of the year.

I didn't even bring up the fact that he LEADS THE NATION in rushing yards (#2 is 193 yards behind him) and is #1 in yards per carry among those with 55+ carries (#2 is averaging 1.23 ypc less)

Shane P. Hallam
10-04-2010, 01:22 PM
At this point, Denard should be the front runner, but he better win the Big Ten if he wants to take the Heisman.

TB_39
10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I may be biased because I'm a Michigan fan, and I only got to actually see the Notre Dame game, but I have to say I've never seen 1 guy seemingly will his team to win every week. I'm worried that he'll simply burn out, but the pure effort he's putting into every game is impressive. A shame he only played 2 series +1 play in one game.

P-L
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't think he has to win the Big Ten, but Michigan has to finish with a pretty good record (9-3 or 10-2 would probably still give him an excellent chance). Remember in 2007, Tim Tebow won the Heisman after the Gators finished 9-3.

LonghornsLegend
10-05-2010, 03:16 PM

U mad?

Lol at least you didn't try to hide the fact that your extremely biased and mad. Nothing special? GTFO here with that stupid crap.

JoeJoeBrown
10-05-2010, 03:46 PM
U mad?

Lol at least you didn't try to hide the fact that your extremely biased and mad. Nothing special? GTFO here with that stupid crap.

Seriously, bizarre ranting. Denard has been the best player so far. The season isn't even halfway over, so we'll see how it ends up.

I still remember Dennis Dixon....

Sniper
10-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Seriously, bizarre ranting. Denard has been the best player so far. The season isn't even halfway over, so we'll see how it ends up.

I still remember Dennis Dixon....

Dennis Dixon would have won the Heisman if it weren't for his ACL exploding.

JoeJoeBrown
10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Dennis Dixon would have won the Heisman if it weren't for his ACL exploding.

Exactly my point... :)

Shane P. Hallam
10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think he has to win the Big Ten, but Michigan has to finish with a pretty good record (9-3 or 10-2 would probably still give him an excellent chance). Remember in 2007, Tim Tebow won the Heisman after the Gators finished 9-3.

And that was with such a myriad of 1 loss and 2 loss teams scattered everywhere. If you have a dominant Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, etc, it will be tough. That being said, Robinson is playing statistically out of his mind.

Sniper
10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Exactly my point... :)

I will murder you with a rusty pickaxe if Denard's knee explodes.

Brodeur
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM

And I'll cover it up.

Halsey
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
For those who aren't aware of one of the most ridiculous records in all of sports:

If Denard Robinson maintains his current rushing yards pace through 12 regular season games and a bowl game, he will finish with 2,353 yards in 13 games.

That's almost 500 yards short of Barry Sanders' 2,850 yards...(wait for it)...in 12 games in 1988.

It's quite likely Sanders would have run for 3,000+ if he had played 13 games.

WTF Barry Sanders...

JoeJoeBrown
10-06-2010, 12:59 PM

:)

I don't think it will happen, but he will be seriously dinged up if he doesn't start avoiding contact. He's not big enough to sustain that type of punishment.

The kid is amazing. Enjoy it. They don't come along very often.

Michigan
10-06-2010, 02:38 PM
For those who aren't aware of one of the most ridiculous records in all of sports:

If Denard Robinson maintains his current rushing yards pace through 12 regular season games and a bowl game, he will finish with 2,353 yards in 13 games.

That's almost 500 yards short of Barry Sanders' 2,850 yards...(wait for it)...in 12 games in 1988.

It's quite likely Sanders would have run for 3,000+ if he had played 13 games.

WTF Barry Sanders...

At his current pace, Denard Robinson will finish less than 500 yards short of Barry Sanders' single-season rushing record. Robinson is a quarterback.

WTF Denard Robinson...

marshallb
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM
At his current pace, Denard Robinson will finish less than 500 yards short of Barry Sanders' single-season rushing record. Robinson is a quarterback.

WTF Denard Robinson...

Yea, and that is with only a quarter or whatever it was against Bowling Green.

Halsey
10-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, Robinson is ridiculous. It's freaky how many yards he's run for. He got me thinking of Barry's record and I was shocked how far off Barry's pace he is when I looked up the numbers. However, Robinson is not even halfway through this season. I wouldn't bet on him maintaining his current pace.

P-L
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
If he can get 95 rushing yards, Denard is going to become the 37th person in FBS history with a 1000/1000 yard season this week. He's likely going to do something that only 36 other people have done in a whole season, in just six games. If he stays healthy, he's a lock to become the only quarterback in history with a 1500/1500 yard season. 2000/1500 seems within reach, as does 20/20 touchdowns.

JoeJoeBrown
10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
If he can get 95 rushing yards, Denard is going to become the 37th person in FBS history with a 1000/1000 yard season this week. He's likely going to do something that only 36 other people have done in a whole season, in just six games. If he stays healthy, he's a lock to become the only quarterback in history with a 1500/1500 yard season. 2000/1500 seems within reach, as does 20/20 touchdowns.

That is amazing if you stop and think about it. I don't care if he's throwing against air. Great stuff.

10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
If healthy, is 2000/2000 remotely realistic at all? I think it would be hard to vote for anyone else if he puts up those numbers.

ironman4579
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
He's on pace for well over 2000/2000. That said, I think by the end of the season he's closer to 2000+ passing yards and 1500+ rushing yards.

P-L
10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
If healthy, is 2000/2000 remotely realistic at all? I think it would be hard to vote for anyone else if he puts up those numbers.
He needs to average 157 yards per game (138 if U-M makes a Bowl game) to get to 2000 yards rushing. There are a handful of good defenses in the Big Ten, so I'd say it's very possible but not likely.

metafour
10-06-2010, 07:48 PM

Which makes it easier to run....

steelersfan43
10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Which makes it easier to run....

Then why dont qbs always lead the country in rushing? Oh ya cause they have to pass too.....

MizzouBig12
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
What? No posts after Robinson's abysmal performance against a real team?? For my money, I'd take a real QB who can run, Taylor Martinez from Nebraska.

iowatreat54
10-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Michigan has at least played MSU. Nebraska has yet to play a defense with a pulse, and Denard is still outplaying Martinez.

Martinez has been good, especially for a freshman, but lets hold off on crowning him until he plays a defense in the top 3/4 of the country (no, Idaho doesn't count).

Babylon
10-12-2010, 04:35 PM
What? No posts after Robinson's abysmal performance against a real team?? For my money, I'd take a real QB who can run, Taylor Martinez from Nebraska.

Robinson has a better passing percentage, more td passes and a better QB rating. Robinson isnt a pro caliber QB but neither is Martinez.

vatech=accdomination
10-17-2010, 12:29 AM

FAIL. QB's who run first will never do anything against a legit defense, true fact.

Sniper
10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Well, that was fun while it lasted.

CC
10-17-2010, 09:10 AM
FAIL. QB's who run first will never do anything against a legit defense, true fact.

Haha, you would think a VT fan would remember Vick in college.

vatech=accdomination
10-17-2010, 01:24 PM
You cannot compare Mike Vick to Denard Robinson. Any QB who can throw a football for 40 yards and run a sub 4.5 40 is going to put up good numbers in Rich Rod's system. Vick played in a pro-style offense, and only ran in situations where a great individual effort was needed (Florida State and WVU come to mind). Robinson could not have played in a Ricky Bustle Offense, and I don't think Vick could have done that well in Roch Rod's.

Chucky
10-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Hartley shanked it lol

tjsunstein
10-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Cameron Newton?

Hurricanes25
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Cameron Newton?

Yeah, I think he's the favorite right now.

aLARGEtopHat
10-17-2010, 11:21 PM

Vince Young?

vatech=accdomination
10-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Statistical outlier. lol.

iowatreat54
10-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Eric Crouch, Pat White, Tommy Frazier, Randel El to name a few more. All were successful run first QBs and all had at least some success vs. good teams.

Sniper
10-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Eric Crouch, Pat White, Tommy Frazier, Randel El to name a few more. All were successful run first QBs and all had at least some success vs. good teams.

I hear some Tebow guy won an award or something.

JoeJoeBrown
11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
What happened to this thread?

Michigan
11-03-2010, 04:34 PM
What happened to this thread?

cameron newton and the michigan defense

wonderbredd24
11-03-2010, 04:51 PM
cameron newton and the michigan defense
Those things happened, but Denard Robinson hasn't exactly been the same player since coming into Conference Play.

Even if he had a defense at Michigan, Newton and James would have passed him due to his own issues.

Robinson is a phenominal player, but he has a lot of room to improve and for his sake, I hope he fills out a little bit over the next 2 years

Michigan
11-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Those things happened, but Denard Robinson hasn't exactly been the same player since coming into Conference Play.

Even if he had a defense at Michigan, Newton and James would have passed him due to his own issues.

Robinson is a phenominal player, but he has a lot of room to improve and for his sake, I hope he fills out a little bit over the next 2 years

true, but i'd argue that with a better defense, michigan would not have to come from behind all the time and robinson would not have to make so many desperation throws. plus the offense would be out for more possessions so robinson's numbers would be even greater across the board.

fenikz
11-04-2010, 03:37 PM
much like Michigan's defense, Auburn is getting scored upon at will, it just creates more possessions for Cam Newton to score

TACKLE
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
much like Michigan's defense, Auburn is getting scored upon at will, it just creates more possessions for Cam Newton to score

It's called The Mike D'Antoni approach.

wonderbredd24
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
It's called The Mike D'Antoni approach.

You start to wonder why they don't just send the house every play with the way they can't stop anyone. Either that or drop 10 and just have Nick Fairley take on the OLine by himself... still probably good for a sack or two per game

P-L
11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Denard rushed for 178 yards and 1.5 TD per game in non-conference play and he's rushed for 150 yards and 1.5 TD per game against Big Ten competition. Rushing number have been right around, maybe a little better than I expected coming into Big Ten play. Sure, the 6:4 TD:INT ratio isn't too hot but he hasn't been bad outside of the Michigan State game and one terrible throw against Iowa. He's still going to finish the season with at least 2000/1500 and 12/15, which is still beyond ridiculous. He's still be a good player since the start of conference play, he just isn't continuing the once-in-a-lifetime season that he started. If Michigan's defense was even below-average, he'd still be a (not the) top candidate in my opinion.

Cam Newton definitely deserves the award after his insane three game stretch against Kentucky, Arkansas, and LSU. Well, that's assuming he isn't eliminated due to this NCAA investigation.

Draft King
11-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Didn't see the game but heard Denard was benched. Anybody know why?

Sniper
11-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Didn't see the game but heard Denard was benched. Anybody know why?

I don't know why because he didn't get benched. He was reportedly feeling dizzy and showing signs of a possible concussion and Rodriguez didn't want to risk it.