PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback Prospect Statistical Comparison

Day One Pick
09-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I know there's a lot more to scouting than just looking at stats, but here's how the top QB prospects compare so far. I think the most telling thing here are the QB's who have played pooly. For simplicity sake, I listed them by QB rating.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/Misc/QB-Stats.jpg

BigBanger
09-12-2010, 06:56 PM
What is the point of this purposeless thread?

Moderator, close the thread. No discussion to be had here.

Draft King
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM

Did I miss something? I thought it was a pretty good post.

Day One Pick
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Can you go to ESPN or any other site and get side by side statistical comparisons? This should create a lot of discussion. Like how over-rated Nathan Enderle is.

RealityCheck
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Like how over-rated Nathan Enderle is.
Pretty sure you got it wrong.

niel89
09-12-2010, 10:12 PM
This is nice but I think it will be a little more useful after we get some more data.

DcmRulz
09-12-2010, 10:22 PM
can you update this each week?

BeerBaron
09-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Can you go to ESPN or any other site and get side by side statistical comparisons? This should create a lot of discussion. Like how over-rated Nathan Enderle is.

Enderle also played a very tough defense with extremely overmatched talent around him. Joe Flacco in college wouldn't have fared any better.

tjsunstein
09-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Jerrod Johnson, Andrew Luck, Nick Foles, and obviously Ryan Mallett stick out to me on the statistical front.

Enderle was overmatched based on the talent he had surrounding him. Took some sacks and threw some picks, he'll make his splash at the pro days and combine.

MidwayMonster31
09-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Delaware could be good enough to win it all in the FCS. Pat Devlin doesn't have to throw that much thanks to their running game. If he can make the big plays, he could sneak into the first round.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Enderle so far is shaping up to be this year's John Skelton. I won't make a final judgment until I see him play. As soon as I saw Skelton play I knew the guy was nothing and wouldn't even toss him a camp invite. If you want to throw a ball 90mph at your receivers buy a pitch machine.

Ponder finally exposed as well. I'll take him but not on the first day

JHL6719
09-13-2010, 01:22 AM
There's an old adage that says... "There are lies... damn lies... and then there's statistics"....

I remember when guys like Cade McNown, Joe Hamilton, Danny Weurffel, Michael Vick, (geez.. I could go on and on and on and on and..) either led the NCAA in passing efficiency, or right there near the top.

Not to mention Jesus in cleats (Tebow)...who promptly had to rework his entire throwing motion the instant he was to become an NFL quarterback.

Great thread.... keep these stats updated weekly, kthanks.

wicket
09-13-2010, 02:51 AM
glad to see Colin Kaepernick is still a stud

iowatreat54
09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I like what little I've seen from Nick Foles thus far (last season and this season). However, I wouldn't put too much stock into his numbers so far in '10 (even though his accuracy is crazy good) when his opponents have been Toledo and The Citadel.

This week should be a very telling game for both he and Richard Stanzi.

brat316
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Harris' 4 ints. Pryor and Ponder's Comp % stick out.

jrdrylie
09-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Harris' 4 ints. Pryor and Ponder's Comp % stick out.

Harris' 4 INTs shouldn't stick out. He has always had issues with picks. But you are right about Ponder. I can't believe how poorly the Seminoles played.

What stuck out to me is how many times Enderle has been sacked. That offensive line in Idaho must suck. They gave up 4 sacks against North Dakota!