PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Give Game Away

J-Mike88
09-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Make no mistake about it, last night's Cowboys-Redskins game will prove very pivotal as this season plays out.

Divisional games are always crucial, for many reasons, obviously.

Now, both defenses were fantastic last night.
The offenses on the other hand, brutal.

3 or 4 screen passes to Dez Bryant? 2 in a row?
This is the NFL, not the WAC.

Not giving a terrible RT any help from Barber or a TE?

Still, this game was a gift and I am curious to see who America blames the most for this one.

Remember, Washington's one & only TD was a pathetic, high school-dumb play to end the first half.

Romo doesn't have the arm to chuck a Hail Mary 75 yards. They weren't trying it. So why not take a knee? Everyone with a pulse & a brain in the NFL knows this. Although Alex Barron's terrible holding mugging ended the game, was it worse than the foolish decision to throw a swing pass to Tashard Choice 70 yards from the end zone?

Who gets the Goat-of-the-week if you get one vote?

Chucky
09-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Either has to go to Jason Garrett or Alex Barron.

J-Mike88
09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
From Mark Mosely, 103.3 and ESPN East.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/18196/redskins-strip-cowboys-of-dignity

And with 4 seconds left in the first half, opportunity came knocking in the form of Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett temporarily losing his mind. Trailing 3-0, the prudent thing would've been for the Cowboys to take a knee and limp to the locker room. Instead, they lined up at their 36-yard line with three receivers to one side and Tony Romo delivered one of his patented shovel passes to running back Tashard Choice.

"That's called game planning," said the former University of Texas star. "We knew Colombo wasn't in there and we had to exploit their weakness. I was freestyling out there on him because I knew we were in good shape with that matchup."

Orakpo had to leave the game briefly with cramps in the second half, but he raced back onto the field after missing a few plays. And even when Barron grabbed his jersey, Orakpo kept chasing Romo.

"I looked back and saw that yellow flag and knew it was game, set, match," said Orakpo. "Romo tried to tell me earlier in the game that those weren't holds, but I didn't hear from him after that last play."

fenikz
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
how about Choice for letting a CB strip the ball from him, then return it 40 yards for a TD

21ST
09-13-2010, 08:55 AM
of course the redskins didnt win the game the cowboys gave it away......

LonghornsLegend
09-13-2010, 08:56 AM
U sure do love to take every chance to **** on the Cowboys huh? Not like nobody was discussing this game in the week 1 discussion thread though or anything. But let's all make a thread for one specific game that happened on Sunday.

Splat
09-13-2010, 09:23 AM
of course the redskins didnt win the game the cowboys gave it away......

Let him say what he wants a W is a W.