PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 Season

HawkEye30
09-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Boy it feels good to win a game haha I was starting to think that this was going to be another terrible year after the opening int, and the defense was getting owned. But we turned it around, I would love to know what pete said to the defense in that huddle because those boys played some damn good football for the rest of the game. Also wth happened to Kelly Jennings, the dude looks like a real cornerback now, he made some nice tackles that game.

summond822
09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Actually I wasn't upset with the defense at the beginning even when the 9ers looked like they were going to run away with it. It wasn't their fault they were playing on a short field and had been on the field for almost 17 straight minutes.

Any defense is going to break when you have a 17/3 disparity in time of possession and I was just starting to get depressed about how they were going to break soon.

Then suddenly something miraculous happened. I'm still not quite sure what the hell happened, but man it felt good to stomp the 9ers.

However, I am still skeptical about the offense and the pass rush of this team over the course of the season.

Caulibflower
09-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Even in the beginning, I was impressed with the way they swarmed to the ball in critical situations.

gpngc
09-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Alex Smith inexplicably overthrowing the wide-open fullback on 4th and goal happened... if you can't make that throw - you should not be in the NFL.

And we were very lucky because if we go down 10-0 there things would have been much different.

But screw all that. 31-6. 1-0. Pete Carroll is undefeated as Seahawks head coach.

This defense could be special in a year or two if we can add another corner and some pass rushers... right now it's not too shabby. We'll be tough to score on at Qwest - that's for sure. Our defensive draft is looking absolutely amazing thus far. Thomas looks incredible, and Davis, Chancellor, and Thurmond are all already contributing and could see increased roles in the future.

Now it's on to Denver. I'm cautiously optimistic. Orton seems like the type of QB who could do well against our secondary for some reason... I think our run defense will continue to be strong against that OL and RB group though. Offensively, what's the word on Okung? If Hasselbeck starts to get his confidence back and develops a rapport with BMW, Butler, etc., he could have a huge bounce-back year and lead us to a surprise division title. The Cardinals absolutely suck - bank on that.

GREAT first win.

HawkEye30
09-14-2010, 05:48 AM
How about our run defense guys, we shut frank gore DOWN. I was extremely pleased with pass protection, we only gave up one sack to their defense. Okung will most likely not be available to week 3 but it could be later. I have to admit i was real worried about the season with all those cuts before the season but carroll and schneider have me believing. That said we need more of a pass rush chris clemons did a pretty good job but hes injury prone and there was that scare with him in the 1st. I saw dexter davis for the first time, the dude is small but he is absolutely jacked and he a had a nice sack. GUYS WE ARE 1-0 AND I AM TRULY EXCITED FOR THIS YEAR! I said this in another thread the division is ours to lose, the 49ers might be more talented but we are a more complete team, that and there qb sucks haha

summond822
09-14-2010, 05:41 PM
We need a stud pass rusher. Clemons is respectable in obvious passing downs, but I don't think he is going to get many sacks in other situations. If we end up trailing in games this could end up leading to a low number of sacks on the year. If the offense finds a way to score though, he could have a great number of sacks.

When I watched the Seahawks defense against the 49ers (and the first half against the Vikings), it just looked like that is a defense designed to shut down running backs. They have 3 big linemen designed to take up blockers and shut holes and quick linebackers designed to flow to the play and stop the running back when there is a hole. Kind of like a fusion of the 3-4 down linemen and the 4-3 personal grouping.

But on a different note, anyone else thinking of Trent Richardson as our first rounder in two years? The dude gave me the chills when he destroyed Penn State's defense.

HawkEye30
09-14-2010, 07:47 PM
So we lost unger for the year with a toe injury. But we did re sign wrotto. Hill has been reinstated but he wont start. I agree as far as shutting down the run but we desperately need a stud pass rusher. Someone like robert quinn or greg romeus next draft.

gpngc
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Wow. Losing Unger ******* sucks. I'd love to have the OL healthy for one ******* season. It's ridiculous.

HawkEye30
09-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Another thing i wanted to say is i love our rotation onthe defensive line. We kept shuffling those guys in and out and ultimately i think that will help us down the road.

jballa838
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
well, that was awful.

summond822
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
well, that was awful.

Lets just forget this weekend ever happened. It's just too depressing.

jballa838
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Lets just forget this weekend ever happened. It's just too depressing.
deal. it sucks to be a seattle fan this weekend. Besides the Storm winning it all.

Caulibflower
09-20-2010, 02:40 AM
More optimistically, they kept themselves out of that game. It wasn't like they got physically dominated. There's still hope for this season.

summond822
09-20-2010, 09:53 AM
More optimistically, they kept themselves out of that game. It wasn't like they got physically dominated. There's still hope for this season.

But did you ever feel like they had a legitimate chance to come back? I did...until Denver converted like 99% of their third downs. Decent QBs are going to destroy us...we have no pass rush.

And it seemed like most of them were 3rd & long!

HawkEye30
09-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Was this game blacked out? I went to watch it and it said it was but i didnt hear anything about a blackout. Btw i have direct tv, if it matters

summond822
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Much to my horror, it wasn't blacked out. I have direct tv too, and Sunday ticket. But it was working on my local stations.

HawkEye30
09-22-2010, 07:47 PM
So hill is out for awhile with an achilles injury. What do you guys think we should do with him? Hawthorne is a beast and i honestly dont think hill will regain his starting position again, but i think his only way of sticking on the team is to be the leo rusher, because when he rushed his rookie year he was pretty good.

jballa838
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
If he can't earn the starting spot, might as well use his pass rushing ability. Not like the Hawks have much of that right now anyways.

summond822
09-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh I can't stop smiling right now :D. Yes, it was ugly at times, but I don't care. WE WON!!!!!

Gus Bradley deciding to blitz on every play that last series had my full support. Not like we were getting any pressure with our linemen that second half.

Oh, man it just feels so good right now.

Caulibflower
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Got big plays from a bunch of new, young faces:

Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Leon Washington, Golden Tate ... And Mike Williams is still only 26. He's going to go off one of these games.

HawkEye30
09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Didn't see them game but i sure am happy we got a win! Now its on to the rams at their stadium. And then its our bye. Ususally i say we crush the rams but i dont think that they should be taken lightly. We still haven't proven that we can consistantly win on the road. Then i hope we get healthy and get pitts and okung back. Bit of a side step here, im not sure how many sacks were given up these last 2 games but im pretty sure polumbus has been playing well. My question is, when okung comes back do we star polumbus at rt and bench locklear, or move him to guard.

summond822
09-28-2010, 02:14 AM
I think we keep Locklear at RT. Polumbus has done very, very well. Our best line involves Locklear at the moment. Now if Polumbus upsets Locklear in competition wednesday or whatever then great, have him start at RT.

I just don't see it happening.

summond822
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, I was wrong. Polumbus started at RT before Okung got hurt.

Did anyone actually watch this entire game? I quit around the 3rd quarter.

HawkEye30
10-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Well, I was wrong. Polumbus started at RT before Okung got hurt.

Did anyone actually watch this entire game? I quit around the 3rd quarter.

I picked up the game in the 3rd quarter on justintv after i noticed we were getting are asses kicked, so i had to see things for myself. I think it was a terrible decision to put okung in this game, it was so pointless. Polumbus was playing well, we have a bye this week, and these high ankles are so tricky with healing and its usually best to rest. Also the week we **** with the line we gave up 4 sacks, just saying. I watched highlights and some of the game and i couldnt belive we had a gimpy stephen jackson run all over us. Lets focus on something good, i still have a huge man crush on Earl Thomas and he's got legit shot at droy.

On a side note, i was thinking of this when watching the washington game. How much power does the owner have over the gm. because i think paul allen Would give up anything to get jake locker but i just dont see schneider going for it.

Babylon
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
I picked up the game in the 3rd quarter on justintv after i noticed we were getting are asses kicked, so i had to see things for myself. I think it was a terrible decision to put okung in this game, it was so pointless. Polumbus was playing well, we have a bye this week, and these high ankles are so tricky with healing and its usually best to rest. Also the week we **** with the line we gave up 4 sacks, just saying. I watched highlights and some of the game and i couldnt belive we had a gimpy stephen jackson run all over us. Lets focus on something good, i still have a huge man crush on Earl Thomas and he's got legit shot at droy.

On a side note, i was thinking of this when watching the washington game. How much power does the owner have over the gm. because i think paul allen Would give up anything to get jake locker but i just dont see schneider going for it.

As for your second part there if Paul Allen wants Jake Locker then the GM will go after him. Obviously we dont know if Allen is a big Husky fan so hard to say if they'll pursue him.

Watching Hasselbeck leaves no doubt that he's on his way out and when we see Charlie i think we'll come to the same conclusion. They dont have a lot to work with there on offense but might as well go with a young guy, like they're doing in St Louis with Bradford, and build this thing from the bottom up. It doesnt have to take forever either. The defense has looked pretty good i think and another good draft devoted to the offense and i think they can compete in this talent challenged NFC West.

summond822
10-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I do love me some Earl Thomas.

But yes, this game this last weekend completely destroyed any of the optimism I was feeling after beating SF and the Chargers. I mean it was the Rams with a hurt Steven Jackson! We shouldn't have lost...

As for Allen being a Husky fan, I don't really know since he went to WSU. However here at UW we have this REALLY nice computer science building named after him. And he is pretty active with donations here.

summond822
10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Just traded for Marshawn Lynch for a 4th round pick this year and a conditional 2012 pick.
http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/statuses/26479478211

Julius Jones has been released.
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/26480538575

Babylon
10-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Don't like it. Pete brings in guys like Leon Washington, Charlie Whitehurst, Lendale white and now Lynch. These guys are either not given much of a chance to show what they have or get shipped out. Not sure if Pete has it all together yet or he's just trying to grab some headlines, either way count me out with most of these moves.

I will also add with guys like White, Lynch and Leroy Hill, who i have no idea why he still is on the team, you're talking some real character issues, not good for a young rebuilding team.

HawkEye30
10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Is the 4th for this year? If it is then i like it because this gonna be a bad draft talent wise. Even though its a fourth id say this a low risk high reward move. I think hill will be shopped next year, or he's gonna get cut. It just seems that he isnt taking in the whole pete carroll attitude. I figured jones was getting cut soon after being a healthy scratch againts the rams, so it was only a matter of time for him. But i think we need to stop with all this. I love having competition and refreshing the roster and the talent but at some point we need to settle down. This team needs continuity especially along the offensive line, and well bascially the whole offense or were gonna be picking top 15 for sure.

Caulibflower
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm curious to know if anyone is feeling grouchy about Deion Branch being traded. I, for one, am not.

Babylon
10-12-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm curious to know if anyone is feeling grouchy about Deion Branch being traded. I, for one, am not.

Why would we miss him he's been useless for quite some time, seems like it's a revolving door with some of these draft picks.

summond822
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Deion Branch is the epitome of a bad deal.

Regardless of his abilities, he was never healthy enough to produce.

I'd rather have our first rounder back...

Caulibflower
10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Don't like it. Pete brings in guys like Leon Washington, Charlie Whitehurst, Lendale white and now Lynch ... count me out with most of these moves.

I kind of had this thought of yours in mind. Too much wheelin' and dealin' makes me a little nervous as well, but I think getting a 4th for Deion Branch is a pretty sweet deal, especially in light of the fact that the Pat's just traded away Randy Moss for a 3rd.

gpngc
10-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I like both deals... it was essentially Lynch for Branch...

sacks98
10-15-2010, 10:45 AM
A 4th for Branch was a great deal at most i thought we would get a 6th or 7th Stokely can put up the same production as Branch imo.

Love the Lynch move to if he can act civil hes had 2 years of 1k rushing yards behind the Bills o-line i bet he could do that for us not going to say he will but he could.

Also so far it looks like Pete hit in the draft i haven't seen Okung but so far Thomas looks better then Berry in my eyes 3 INT also people have been saying he isn't a very sound tackle but hes been wrapping guys up when given the chance when i watch the Hawks.

Mayocks a pretty good talent evaluator to he had Thomas over Berry but i am seeing alot of Asante Samuel the way he moves to the ball lol.

So glad to be rid of Ruskell and Holmgren these guys didn't know how to draft 1st rounders 8 out of the 10 1st rounders we drafted over the last 10 years 8 have never mounted to anything.

D-Unit
10-16-2010, 12:05 PM
PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

summond822
10-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Is anyone else still cautious about this Seahawk team?

I mean yeah, we're 3-2 which is awesome, but I just don't feel like this team has a legitimate shot at the playoffs, or at least we shouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I want them to win every game, but I kind of expect them to lose more games than they win...

Anyways, Marshawn Lynch...yeah, he was amazing today even though his stats don't really show it. It was nice watching a RB who forces other teams to respect him. And just getting back to the line of scrimmage on some of those runs was awesome.

Okung, did a really good job on Peppers. I know he had some help on some plays, but when he was 1 on 1 he still stopped him from getting to Hasselbeck.

Mike Williams is a crazy mismatch for most DBs. I would love to see the Hawks use him more.

I know I'm probably missing some other people who stood out today, but oh well.

Caulibflower
10-17-2010, 11:44 PM
The way they used Justin Forsett in that game was just about perfect.

HawkEye30
10-18-2010, 08:52 AM
1st of all we got a win, and the fact that it was on the road is probably what i most happy about. It feels like forever since we've won a road game, i seriously don't remember the last time we won one on the road. I didm'y get to see the game but ive mostly heard positive things about the game. I heard okung looked like a stud today, im not sure if we gave up any sacks because i havent looked at the stats yet. Its about frickin time mike williams got the ball, i was beginning to think he was dead or something. Deon butler is niceeeee, ive loved that pick since day 1. Hass didnt throw a pick, so thats always good news. Forsett had a good game and from what i hear lynch looked good too. Lawyer milloy is beastin it, the guys really been a big part of our defense. I really wish that we would start throwing the ball to carlson some more, i heard he had a big drop but still if he can get it going i think that it could really open things up for us.

The position that i was most worried about for us in the beginning of the season was de but im beginning to think our biggest need is cb, besides qb. Trufant is a good cb but he will never get back to his '07 form. Jennings is average and thurmond is a rookie so the jurys out on him. You can create a pass rush without a great pass rushing de, but you cant really make a corner better without always giving him safety help.

gpngc
10-18-2010, 07:41 PM
We gave up 0 sacks. That's awesome. Okung played lights out.

The Hester return doesn't bother me much. Chicago executed perfectly and the punt was so good that it actually backfired... thank goodness Carlson recovered the onside kick.

We outcoached them - badly. But we need to remember, the Bears were probably the worst 4-1 team ever. Still, a great road victory.

Here's what we've got left at 3-2.

ARZ
@OAK
NYG
@ARZ
@NO
KC
CAR
@SF
ATL
@TB
STL

9-7 seems reasonable. I'd be pleasantly surprised with 10-6 but it's not out of the question.

8-8 seems most likely and given the last few years, I obviously fear we'll fizzle out and end up under .500.

It is IMPERATIVE that we win this next game at home vs. Arizona for a few reasons.

4-2 just feels good. So would sole possession of first place.

4-2 just feels good. We cannot let Arizona get there and gain any confidence. Plus, we'd then be staring at a complete must-win game in a few weeks @ Arizona and if we lost that, we'd then go to New Orleans with little hope.

Division tiebreaker games may decide this division. If we go 4-4 against our division and say, St. Louis is 8-8 also and goes 3-5, we'd get in.

I'll give some optimistic predictions just for fun...

ARZ - W
@OAK - L
NYG - L
@ARZ - W
@NO - L
KC - W
CAR - W
@SF - L
ATL - L
@TB - W
STL - W

That would be 9-7... buckle up...

jballa838
10-18-2010, 11:13 PM
switch New York and Kansas City results and I agree. Kansas City's D has looked really good this year, and coming off going to New Orleans is going to suck.

summond822
10-24-2010, 07:30 PM
4-2...holy ****.

Ugly wins are wins and now we are in firm control of the division. Wow...it's just kind of hard to process this right now...

Caulibflower
10-25-2010, 04:25 PM
The combination of Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett, and the young receivers we've got in Tate, Williams, and Butler have me feeling really good about the Seahawks future. But against Arizona Hasselbeck looked like he was holding the offense back. He gets sacked too easily; he was really, really poor when it came to stepping up and avoiding the rush, and it was frustrating to watch. I'm starting to get curious about how Charlie Whitehurst would do. I'm not "calling for him," per se, but it just seems really obvious that this offense could benefit from having a QB who can escape and take a shot to Butler or Williams down the field, instead of dropping back...and immediately falling down as soon as a defender gets an arm on him. Just sayin'.

HawkEye30
10-25-2010, 05:05 PM
A win is a win so im happy about that. MVP of the game is mare, the dude just doesnt miss and he is so underrated in terms of kickers, i loved the pick up when it happened. Golden Tate wtf is up with you dude, he has looked amazing at times and other times he looks lost and like he doesnt wanna be out there, plus hes being outplayed by brandon stokely. I still think hasslebeck gives us our best chance to win. I still hate the whitehurst trade because he is garbage, i never wanna see him be our starting qb. For some reason hasselbeck has started to notice that mike williams starts and plays wr for us, he was clutch on those 3rd downs for us that essentially sealed the game, plus the man has some nasty hands and he abused drc. I loved the lynch trade and i still do, him and forsett make a great 1-2 punch. Russell okung is a beast and makes our line so much better, without him the line was terrible. Lawyer milloy is playing pretty damn good for his age. Earl thomas is ****** amazing and walter thurmond played damn well this game, it wouldnt surprise me at all if he is the starter before the end of the season. Chris clemons is explosive, he gets off the line so fast, raheem brock and kentwan balmer also played well.

Just a couple more things: it would really not surprise me if we got rid of aaron curry. This regime has no attachments to him and they are not afraid to get rid of anyone, plus it just seems like he doesnt fit this team. Ill make this call now either curry or hill wont be with this team next year, thats just my opinion. Carlson is a good tight end and i simply dont understand why he is not getting looked at more, if you want him to block then trade him because we have 2 blocking te's and his best skill is at receivng. One other person is leon washington. Is he seriously just our kr? I know he is good but can we not get him involved on offense aslo?

bsaza2358
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
What happened to Marshawn Lynch yesterday? Only 9 carries for 7 yards? I didn't get a chance to watch any highlights, but there's nothing about any injuries. Did he just get benched?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Is Matt H. going to be playing this week or is it going to be Whitehurst's first career start?

Babylon
11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
What happened to Marshawn Lynch yesterday? Only 9 carries for 7 yards? I didn't get a chance to watch any highlights, but there's nothing about any injuries. Did he just get benched?

I havent heard of any injury to Marshawn yesterday. My guess is the scored dictated they throw more and run less.

As for the other post about Matt, the inital report was he received a ding to the head, no word about whether he'll play against the Giants. As of now he's playing.

HawkEye30
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
We suck. I want us to lose so we get a good draft pick. If we make the playoffs im gonna be so ****** pissed

Babylon
11-01-2010, 10:53 PM
We suck. I want us to lose so we get a good draft pick. If we make the playoffs im gonna be so ****** pissed

Coaches and players dont subscribe to that theory just closet GMs like us. It's so easy to say let's win in a weak division but they need more talent and higher picks are the main way to go.

summond822
11-02-2010, 01:22 AM
We need a QB so bad though...although i guess John Clayton says that some scouts now have Locker with a second round grade. So wherever we pick there is probably a very real possibility that he could be there...

I think the biggest problem right now (with our entire offense) is Hasselbeck. I didn't get to watch this last weekend, but he doesn't have the arm strength to thrive in Bates offense. He is also holding onto the ball too long, which leads to him getting the **** kicked out of him.

I just don't know if I want Jake Locker right now...he's best when he's throwing on the run and has the ability to make the decision to throw or run (which is not what he's been doing this year). That and his annoying habit of locking onto one target are red flags for picking him at this point in time.

HawkEye30
11-02-2010, 06:34 AM
I thought we would be good this year, we are better but we really have so so many holes to fill and we have like no depth anywhere lol i want the cards to win this year and then next year we take this division back for good.

Caulibflower
11-04-2010, 06:02 PM
... I'm starting to get curious about how Charlie Whitehurst would do ... this offense could benefit from having a QB who can escape and take a shot to Butler or Williams down the field, instead of dropping back...and immediately falling down as soon as a defender gets an arm on him.

Charlie Whitehurst to start against NYG. At home. I'm excited to see what happens.

Predictions?

I think he'll get the ball out faster than Matt, and I think he'll be more mobile in the pocket. What would worry me, of course, is his timing and how well he'll be able to anticipate his receivers getting open. I think I read somewhere that he and Mike Williams spent a lot of time throwing together over the summer, so maybe we'll see evidence of that on Sunday. I can also see us being blown out by the Giants. Anyone know what Okung's status is for this game? He'd be a huge help.

summond822
11-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I think he sucks lol.

But seriously, his first career start, his only game action in the last couple of years has been preseason. Giants have a pretty good pass rush. He's not going to trust what he sees.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just have trouble seeing him being successful in his first start.

Caulibflower
11-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Yeah, if he has a good day I'm going to be impressed.

HawkEye30
11-14-2010, 07:04 PM
didnt see the game but we really need to stop winning. i hate this mediocrity ****, we are playing ourselves out of a good drat pick aka jake locker.

Babylon
11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
didnt see the game but we really need to stop winning. i hate this mediocrity ****, we are playing ourselves out of a good drat pick aka jake locker.

We may be able to finish 8-8, win the division and then if we have to, trade up a few spots for a QB. Could get the best of both worlds there.

gpngc
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM

No.

Hasselbeck was once upon a time a top QB in the league. He hasn't played as well as he did yesterday since he was a top QB.

All we need to do is go 9-7 and we'll easily win our division.

Then, we may be able to host the ******* Bears or possibly even Bucs. The point is, it would be at home.

If we get to the round of 8, anything can happen. And we aren't hilariously bad on the road anymore anyway.

Mebane back = completely different defense. Throw out the Giants and Raiders games...

Okung back next week should also help.

Every single game on our remaining schedule is winnable.

Any team can get hot...

I'm optimistic. And very encouraged by Hass going for 333 in 3 quarters...

summond822
11-16-2010, 12:04 AM
I didn't watch the game either...I just had no enthusiasm for it. I figured we were going to win, but still, it's just so difficult to consistently watch bad football week after week (Huskies really burned me out this year...)

HawkEye30
11-16-2010, 03:19 PM
No.

Hasselbeck was once upon a time a top QB in the league. He hasn't played as well as he did yesterday since he was a top QB.

All we need to do is go 9-7 and we'll easily win our division.

Then, we may be able to host the ******* Bears or possibly even Bucs. The point is, it would be at home.

If we get to the round of 8, anything can happen. And we aren't hilariously bad on the road anymore anyway.

Mebane back = completely different defense. Throw out the Giants and Raiders games...

Okung back next week should also help.

Every single game on our remaining schedule is winnable.

Any team can get hot...

I'm optimistic. And very encouraged by Hass going for 333 in 3 quarters...

I'm looking it at like this, I truly believe that if we make it to the playoffs that we will not make it past the 1st round. I mean I want this team to grow and do well but i think that we need another strong draft and a new qb to make it farther into the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. Can you honestly look at the season, and all of our injuries and say "that is a superbowl team". I can't. Im not trying to be a dick, because i enjoy your posts, I guess im just trying to make some conversation lol its been dead in here for awhile

Babylon
11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm looking it at like this, I truly believe that if we make it to the playoffs that we will not make it past the 1st round. I mean I want this team to grow and do well but i think that we need another strong draft and a new qb to make it farther into the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. Can you honestly look at the season, and all of our injuries and say "that is a superbowl team". I can't. Im not trying to be a dick, because i enjoy your posts, I guess im just trying to make some conversation lol its been dead in here for awhile

Nobody is going to look at this team in it's present form and think Superbowl, well anyone that knows anything about football at least. Thing is the differance in going 8-8 or 6-10 isnt going to all of a sudden bring in a superior crop of draft choices. I know you want the QB out of this draft and that can be accomplished with a little finesse.

HawkEye30
11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Nobody is going to look at this team in it's present form and think Superbowl, well anyone that knows anything about football at least. Thing is the differance in going 8-8 or 6-10 isnt going to all of a sudden bring in a superior crop of draft choices. I know you want the QB out of this draft and that can be accomplished with a little finesse.

I know i know its just that I don't want us to be one of those teams that are ****** because we missed out on out franchise quarteback.

gpngc
11-16-2010, 10:38 PM

Combine that with the fact that there are only three worthy QBs in this class and that there will definitely be a demand for QBs.

Definitely looking at QBs: Buffalo, Arizona, Cincinnati, Minnesota
Possibly looking at QBs: Oakland, Jacksonville, San Fran, Oakland, KC, Carolina

It's not like we are 3-6 winning meaningless games. We are in the driver's seat for the division title. I don't know about you guys, but there is no way in hell I'd ever be rooting for losses unless we were CLEARLY out of playoff contention. This season is the exact opposite.

And we aren't a great team right now by any stretch. BUT, this is the NFL - it's a week-to-week league, and we are in a very weak conference. Anything truly can happen. We've been terrible the last few years, but this is a different team.

I don't know how as a fan of this team how you can't be excited for a potential postseason berth. No team in the NFC is elite and if/when we win the division we'll host a game, possibly against the ******* Bears or Bucs.

If you don't think ANY team in the 12-team playoff tournament can get hot and win it all then just look at the 2008 Cardinals, ,2007 Giants, and 2000 Giants.

summond822
11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Those 3 teams were far superior to this years incarnation of the Hawks. It really isn't even close. Arizona had an amazing offense that was supported by a mediocre defense all year, then their defense started playing well and they made their run.

2007 Giants were a defensive team who had an inexperienced QB who started making good decisions in the playoffs.

Don't remember much about the 2000 Giants.

But the similarity is that the weak part of the team started playing BETTER in the playoffs. The other half of the team was already in the good-great range.

Yes I want the Hawks to do well, but they are just going to get embarrassed if they make the playoffs this year. We have the 30th ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense.

We are not a playoff caliber team by any stretch of the imagination.

gpngc
11-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Those 3 teams were far superior to this years incarnation of the Hawks. It really isn't even close. Arizona had an amazing offense that was supported by a mediocre defense all year, then their defense started playing well and they made their run.

2007 Giants were a defensive team who had an inexperienced QB who started making good decisions in the playoffs.

Don't remember much about the 2000 Giants.

But the similarity is that the weak part of the team started playing BETTER in the playoffs. The other half of the team was already in the good-great range.

Yes I want the Hawks to do well, but they are just going to get embarrassed if they make the playoffs this year. We have the 30th ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense.

We are not a playoff caliber team by any stretch of the imagination.

I just totally disagree.

All of those teams improved at something down the stretch/during the playoffs. What's to say we can't improve at something, or multiple things, as well...?

With a healthy Mebane, our defense is good.

I hate when people act like there's some sort of destiny or pre-conceived script that follows based on how good you are at any given point.

It comes down to coaching and execution. Any team truly can win on any given week.

And our QB just played like the guy who went to the playoffs 5 times in 6 years...

We are 5-4. We beat a team that is 6-3 on the road and a team that will make the playoffs as a powerhouse in the AFC once they go on a run.

We are on the inside track to win the division. How on earth are we not a playoff caliber team? We are going to make the playoffs!!!!!!!! whether you pseudo-fans like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A team that executes better can defeat a team with more talent. We can win ANY game! Not saying we are going to, but we CAN! That's what to root for!!!!!!! There is no doubt that we are executing a lot better under PC than in recent years!

gpngc
11-17-2010, 01:03 PM
30th and 27th doesn't mean anything! We are 5-4. Everything is fluid. Plus all that says is yards. We played terribly in two games - I'm sure that had a huge influence on those rankings - and we were missing our most important offensive player in one and defensive player in both!

And you left out the fact that we are among the league leaders in sacks, ypc against, and special teams!!!!!!!!!

The Chargers at one point were #1 in O and D and they were like 2-5 or something...

Babylon
11-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Seriously this isnt a Superbowl team. If for some reason they get to and win a playoff game then at the end of the day they still have the same holes. I think they are going in the right direction but the need for a C/LB/OL and especially a new QB is still there.

The QB situation should be interesting. Matt and Charlie arent the answer so you either bring someone in buy trade or you go with a guy you draft. Guys like Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford......show that you can go with 1st and 2nd year players at that position. I'm a big Jake Locker fan and i think with an O-line with guys like Okung and Unger you have an offense that can have a balanced attack and work a young guy in with little downside from what they have right now. Put a gun to my head and i'd say Jake Locker takes the team to the Superbowl in 3 years before what we have now or could bring in via trade.

HawkEye30
11-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Seriously this isnt a Superbowl team. If for some reason they get to and win a playoff game then at the end of the day they still have the same holes. I think they are going in the right direction but the need for a C/LB/OL and especially a new QB is still there.

The QB situation should be interesting. Matt and Charlie arent the answer so you either bring someone in buy trade or you go with a guy you draft. Guys like Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford......show that you can go with 1st and 2nd year players at that position. I'm a big Jake Locker fan and i think with an O-line with guys like Okung and Unger you have an offense that can have a balanced attack and work a young guy in with little downside from what they have right now. Put a gun to my head and i'd say Jake Locker takes the team to the Superbowl in 3 years before what we have now or could bring in via trade.

This is what i was really trying to get at

Auron
11-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I think you guys will get to see if your team has the caliber to do anything in the Playoffs this Sunday. In the Super Dome hostile environment, against a team that just won a Super Bowl. (albeit we've not played up that level yet this season but have shown flashes of being a dangerous team)

I'm potentially worried about this game simply because we're favored by quite a bit, and it seems in these games were we're heavily favored we end up flopping. Cleveland at Home, Arizona on the Road... and I think the Seahawks are better than both of those teams... So we'll see I expect it to be a pretty hard fought game.

gpngc
11-20-2010, 11:44 PM
^I'll be the only fan rooting against your Saints.

Everyone else just wants higher draft picks!

AAAAAAAAAARGH.

Cicero
11-22-2010, 02:57 AM
That was fun watching our secondary get shredded...

Babylon
11-22-2010, 02:29 PM

They seriously need a shutdown corner. Prince Amukamura would probably be the one they'd target if he were there. I'd take Jake personally but Prince would be a good backup plan.

HawkEye30
11-22-2010, 06:18 PM

Didn't see the game, but i hear our secondary was ass raped by drew brees. Anything special happen?

gpngc
11-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Hasselbeck played OK, as did the OL. Lynch fumbled twice like an idiot.

Losing BMW ******* sucks.

ET got manipulated by Brees (surprise), and we didn't make enough plays on D. They outclassed us pretty much.

It'll be interesting to see how we react to a completely different gameplan against a run-first offense with KC coming in.

summond822
11-23-2010, 08:07 PM
It was painful to watch. I was actually studying for 2 midterms so I wasn't able to catch all of it, but the parts I did see weren't pretty.

And don't blame it all on the secondary, Drew Brees is insanely good. He does this to the majority of the teams they play against...

Caulibflower
11-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Does anyone understand what's up with Mike Williams' foot? I'm heard everything from, "It could be serious" to "It's not as bad as we thought; he's day-to-day." The one consistent thing is that apparently it's an injury no one on the staff has actually seen before in person, so... I'm still in the dark about it myself.

summond822
11-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't know much about the injury itself other than it is to his foot.

Carroll said that he is gonna be a gametime decision this week, so it can't too serious.

But the thing is you never know with foot injuries.

Cicero
11-26-2010, 08:03 PM
We claimed Clifton Geathers off waivers from the Phins. Physically he has everything you could ask for from a defensive lineman and maybe Pete can work his magic on him too.

vidae
11-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Good luck today guys. Should be a good one.

summond822
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I hope so. I'm really hoping we win too because my property manager is a chiefs fan and I really don't want this held over my head for the year ;)

vidae
11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Good game guys, good luck the rest of the way.

Cicero
11-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Good game guys, good luck the rest of the way.

Can we borrow Charles for a game or two please?

vidae
11-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Can we borrow Charles for a game or two please?

Only if you wash and dry him before you return him!

Babylon
11-29-2010, 03:40 PM
We claimed Clifton Geathers off waivers from the Phins. Physically he has everything you could ask for from a defensive lineman and maybe Pete can work his magic on him too.

What magic is Pete working, the defense stinks.

Cicero
11-30-2010, 02:17 AM
What magic is Pete working, the defense stinks.

Clemens is among the league leader in sacks and he did nothing for Philly. Red Bryant didn't do anything notable before Pete showed up and he was playing amazingly well before he got hurt. Then there's BMW of course.

We're still not a good team but we're a lot better since he showed up.

summond822
11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
It's amazing how Bryant went from being not even thought of as a starter, to becoming one of the centerpieces of our defense.

He will never be a great pass rusher, but the impact he had on the run game has shown ever since he went down.

And yes, we're a lot better ever since Carroll showed up. I mean talent level is only slightly better, but they were playing hard before this nasty little...bump? wall? black hole?

TACKLE
12-10-2010, 02:23 PM
How much 30 (3 man front) have you guys run this year. I know Pete used to run that a lot at SC whether it was a regular 3-4 or more of an over defense with 3 down lineman.

Or has it been almost all 4-3?

Cicero
12-12-2010, 11:45 PM
How much 30 (3 man front) have you guys run this year. I know Pete used to run that a lot at SC whether it was a regular 3-4 or more of an over defense with 3 down lineman.

Or has it been almost all 4-3?

When our defense was still playing well we liked to use 3 man fronts with 5, 6 and even 7 DBs on 2nd and 3rd and long. These situations are where our more creative blitzes were used, but we haven't had nearly as opportunities to use our extra DB packages during the second half of the year. Red Bryant is also really the only guy who is capable of playing strong side end at a high level. We were really blitzing our DBS a lot though.

HawkEye30
12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
ugh deon butler broke his leg, fml. i really liked the kid. can we just end this season now? We are not good and we sure as hell do not deserve to make the playoffs

Babylon
12-13-2010, 02:54 PM
ugh deon butler broke his leg, fml. i really liked the kid. can we just end this season now? We are not good and we sure as hell do not deserve to make the playoffs

Turned KJR on this morning and the morning show guys are talking about if San Francisco loses to San Diego........they might have been kidding for all i know but i couldnt listen to it.

summond822
12-14-2010, 01:46 AM
This season has gone from thinking that they were bad and were probably a 6-10 team at best, to getting our hopes up and thinking we could win the division, only to see those destroyed by the Hawks suddenly get exposed week after week...

This has been a rough season.

wicket
12-14-2010, 12:56 PM
could you guys be a doll and grab one from atlanta.

kthnxbai

HawkEye30
12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
This season has gone from thinking that they were bad and were probably a 6-10 team at best, to getting our hopes up and thinking we could win the division, only to see those destroyed by the Hawks suddenly get exposed week after week...

This has been a rough season.

I could not have said it any better myself. Also i hate to say it but i told you so gpngc.

Caulibflower
12-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Deon Butler broke his leg? Damn. I didn't watch the last game, but he was having a nice year. That's really too bad. I hope it heals well, I think he could be a good player for us for awhile.

Caulibflower
12-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Just read up on it. Sounds like he broke it in a couple places. Surgery, had a rod inserted and all that. ****** deal.

search24pc
12-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Can any one post a few more info regarding this.

----------------------
Cheap SEO (http://www.search24online.com) | Advanced SEO (http://www.advanced-seo-services.com) | SEO Search Engine (http://www.seo-search-engine.biz) | SEO Consultancy (http://www.seo-consultancy-services.co.uk)

Caulibflower
12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Can we pleeeeease draft a new QB already? Hasselbeck's a running joke among my friends.

HawkEye30
12-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Can someone tell me about the game? I saw that whitehurst got some stats, so was the hass benched or injured?

HawkEye30
12-20-2010, 06:52 AM
i just looked and saw that he got benched. i cant wait till the offseason.

Cicero
12-22-2010, 12:08 PM
i just looked and saw that he got benched. i cant wait till the offseason.

He got benched for playing miserably. He ran the offense fairly well on the first drive and then played about as bad as anyone can possibly play from there on out.

Caulibflower
12-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I say we see what Whitehurst can do for the rest of the season. We need to know what kind of player we got in exchange for that third-rounder. Hasselbeck is done. There's no reason to bring him back next year.

And... as I was writing this, I remember that we're in the NFC West, and actually still very much in contention for a playoff spot, and our season is by no means over.

Mind-bending.

Babylon
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I say we see what Whitehurst can do for the rest of the season. We need to know what kind of player we got in exchange for that third-rounder. Hasselbeck is done. There's no reason to bring him back next year.

And... as I was writing this, I remember that we're in the NFC West, and actually still very much in contention for a playoff spot, and our season is by no means over.

Mind-bending.

I think Pete said he was going with Matt a couple of days ago. Not sure it means much really, we know they both arent the answer. My guess is next years starter is not even on the radar yet.

summond822
12-24-2010, 03:25 PM
I keep having this discussion with my dad about how bad Whitehurts must be if he can't even unseat Hasselbeck...

I try to argue with him saying Hasselbeck gives them the best chance to win...but it's starting to feel like I'm just trying to defend him for what he has done for the Hawks and not how bad he is now...

And yes, Pete said that Matt was going to be starting this week...*sigh*

CJSchneider
12-25-2010, 10:49 PM
We really need you guys to beat TB tomorrow!!!

Cicero
12-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Is there really even anything to say anymore?

summond822
12-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Nope...it's kind of sad but is it possible that this team is worse than our previous 2 teams?

summond822
12-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I was just reading someone's math on our draft position depending on the result of our game against the Rams. (Not saying it's accurate but it makes for interesting discussion)

If we win, we are drafting at 21, possibly lower if we managed to make a run deep into the playoffs.

If we lose we are drafting at 10 with almost no possibility to move down, only the possibility of moving up.

Now the implications are clear, by winning we are most likely removing ourselves from any hope of drafting an elite QB prospect, but we get to go to the playoffs. By losing we have our chance of getting that elite QB prospect (maybe) if the top underclassmen declare.

So my question is...do you prefer the Seahawks to win or lose against the Rams next week?

I am not talking about rooting against the Hawks to lose, but about which option you think is better for the team.

Personally, I am not going to be heartbroken if they lose. In fact I think it would probably be better for the longterm if they did. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer, and Hasselbeck is old (see "freak hip injury").

By winning they effectively take themselves out of the running for an elite QB prospect. Yet we get to watch them in the playoffs. After watching the team get destroyed week after week by double digits (9 of their games) and sometimes against bad teams (see Denver and SF), I am not sure that I want to see their performance in the playoffs.

Again, not rooting against the Hawks, but I think it's more beneficial LONG TERM for this team to lose.

HawkEye30
12-26-2010, 09:52 PM
I was just reading someone's math on our draft position depending on the result of our game against the Rams. (Not saying it's accurate but it makes for interesting discussion)

If we win, we are drafting at 21, possibly lower if we managed to make a run deep into the playoffs.

If we lose we are drafting at 10 with almost no possibility to move down, only the possibility of moving up.

Now the implications are clear, by winning we are most likely removing ourselves from any hope of drafting an elite QB prospect, but we get to go to the playoffs. By losing we have our chance of getting that elite QB prospect (maybe) if the top underclassmen declare.

So my question is...do you prefer the Seahawks to win or lose against the Rams next week?

I am not talking about rooting against the Hawks to lose, but about which option you think is better for the team.

Personally, I am not going to be heartbroken if they lose. In fact I think it would probably be better for the longterm if they did. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer, and Hasselbeck is old (see "freak hip injury").

By winning they effectively take themselves out of the running for an elite QB prospect. Yet we get to watch them in the playoffs. After watching the team get destroyed week after week by double digits (9 of their games) and sometimes against bad teams (see Denver and SF), I am not sure that I want to see their performance in the playoffs.

Again, not rooting against the Hawks, but I think it's more beneficial LONG TERM for this team to lose.

For me, I want us to lose. We are not a playoff caliber team. I think it will actually hurt us going forward if we make the playoffs. This team just seems like its always injured and if we want to be serious next year then we need to be healthy and restocked with depth for next year, but thats just my opinion.

jballa838
12-26-2010, 10:10 PM
ugh... flexed to a sunday night game. that means Qwest is gonna be rockin. If we tank, we get better. If we win, we get embarassed in the playoffs.

Caulibflower
12-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Whitehurst is supposed to start Sunday. Which might be a good thing, because he's really, really awful. I don't think hoping the Seahawks lose is being a poor fan; it's being realistic. They've looked horrendous most of the year. we've got six wins, and the only reason the playoffs are even a question is because the division is awful. We need to start grooming the next quarterback. Whitehurst looked like he was scared to throw the ball. Horrible.

Caulibflower
01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm kind of at a loss for words.

jballa838
01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
think Locker pulls an Elway??? hope Locker pulls an Elway?

summond822
01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm still in shock that we won...

But if NFL personnel are as down on Locker as some people on these boards we still may get him from him dropping to us.

jballa838
01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
we can only hope summond... we can only hope.

summond822
01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
That has pretty much been the story of the last week. I hoped that the Huskies wouldn't embarrass themselves against Nebraska. I hoped that the Dawgs basketball team would sweep the LA schools in LA. I hoped that the Seahawks would win.

I was highly doubtful of every single one of those things and they all turned out good.

So I'm just gonna keep hoping that the Seahawks just didn't play themselves out of the running for a future franchise QB, and keep hoping that Locker falls to them.

Babylon
01-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Good for the guys but it comes with a price. they would have had the 9th pick with a loss and now potentially it's 21st or later. What this also means is every round you pick 21st, over the course of 7 rounds you give up 84 draft spots.

gpngc
01-03-2011, 05:16 PM
You guys are ******* embarrassing.

Babylon
01-03-2011, 05:19 PM
think Locker pulls an Elway??? hope Locker pulls an Elway?

Unless you're going in the top 2 or 3 picks you dont have a lot of leverage.

Babylon
01-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Nobody's twisting your arm to read this stuff.

summond822
01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Good for the guys but it comes with a price. they would have had the 9th pick with a loss and now potentially it's 21st or later. What this also means is every round you pick 21st, over the course of 7 rounds you give up 84 draft spots.

This is actually the most important effect of the win.

Why are we embarrassing? Because we're more interested in talking about the draft and the implications of the win against the Rams than the game against the Saints?

Caulibflower
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I can't say I'm unhappy about being in the playoffs, but... I also can't deny that I think it's likely that this is worse for our team in the long run. It's a result of how weak our division is, a bit of a schematic fluke that requires at least one of four lousy teams to end up in the draft position of a team that's supposed to be pretty good.

Bosanac01
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Where is the hype guys?

Jimmy
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.hyscience.com/archives/god%20bless%20america.jpg

summond822
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Wow. I hoped it would happen. It happened. This game was just...wow.

Marshawn Lynch with the BEST (wanted to put BEAST...but I just couldn't do it) run I think I have ever seen from a RB to seal the deal.

Hasselbeck with probably the game of his life.

The o-line for protecting him.

Just so many good things happened today. Of course they kept me nervous until the end, but holy **** I will probably always remember this game.

Caulibflower
01-08-2011, 07:32 PM
That game validated their entire season. I'm shocked.

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I said it in another thread, I think that was the greatest run in NFL history. The moment in a playoff game in which it came, and the actual run itself, is second to none.

Congrats! My bro is a huge Seahawks fan and that house was rockin! I can only imagine the emotions going through all the longtime fans.

Fingers crossed for that KC vs. Seattle Super Bowl !!

LizardState
01-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Congrats to your team & fanbase.

With a throwaway RB from Buffalo who nobody wanted!

Ride that horse to the SB. Revenge against the Steelers!!!!!!!

D-Unit
01-08-2011, 10:23 PM
This is why I loved the Pete Carroll hire for you guys. He's a special coach.

bullg8rdaddy
01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Great win fellas!

wicket
01-09-2011, 08:45 AM
congrats guys, good win

jballa838
01-09-2011, 10:23 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs776.ash1/166632_1797787026124_1283206060_2104154_8329770_n. jpghttp://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/222520542.jpg

SuperMcGee
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Great, great win. Very fun game and just an amazing run by Lynch that is surpassed only by the above celebration. I love it. Congrats and good luck!

gpngc
01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gpngc
01-09-2011, 12:25 PM
This is actually the most important effect of the win.

Why are we embarrassing? Because we're more interested in talking about the draft and the implications of the win against the Rams than the game against the Saints?

Yes. That is why you were embarrassing.

Now that we are one of just EIGHT teams left, I HOPE you will all have turned to rooting for our team instead of whatever you were all doing beforehand.

summond822
01-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Dude. Every single one of us was rooting for the team. It's not like we wanted them to lose. We just didn't think that we would have won against the Saints.

This is still a team that a LONG WAYS TO GO. They need more talent all across the board. We are playing with a QB well past his prime with no clear answer at the position. Just think about that.

Be honest with yourself and answer the question, did you think they could honestly beat the Saints. No one thought they could. The Hawks defense had been horrible, our QB situation sucked, and the running game nonexistent.

Our defense stepped up in big ways at times, our QB played probably one of the games of his life, and the running game was able to seal the deal. Things that no one could have forseen.

So go ahead call us out for thinking that the Seahawks were better off losing. They probably still were. But this win justifies beating the Rams, the Hawks accomplished something that no one thought they could do. If we had lost, it would have been pointless to win that game against the Rams.

Of course the Hawks have a chance in every game they play. Score starts out at 0-0 and this last weekend shows why you play the game.

But still, I don't think it was embarrassing of us to be talking about the draft implications when they were the most interesting thing immediately after that game. Not talking about the Saints, who we already played, and everyone in the country knew everything about the Saints-Seahawks matchup. What else was there to say?

jballa838
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Go Seahawks!!!

summond822
01-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Well. The game wasn't what I wanted, but anything after the win against the Saints was just an added bonus. They made the season mean something as soon as they beat the Saints.

For all the twists and turns, this season will probably always stick with me, especially that run by Lynch. It at least lets me feel optimistic about the future, especially if we can get some productive players (aka QB of the future) in this draft.

And now on to the important part of the year.