PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rainey Arrested

jrdrylie
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/9/14/1688359/chris-rainey-no-longer-part-of-team-cyberstalking-time-to-die-text-message?login=1284484321

Chris Rainey was arrested this morning for stalking a woman and sending threatening text messages. It seems like a long time since a Gator player has been arrested but is it just me or does Meyer get a free pass on how poorly behaved his team is?

As far as football is concerned, this is a big blow to an already struggling offense, especially if he is kick off the team as this story reports he may be.

georgiafan
09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
im sure meyer will punish him by making him sit out the first drive of next weeks game.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 12:23 PM
"I'm not afraid of him. I'm more afraid of all the repercussions."

Why would you call the police then?

Bosanac01
09-14-2010, 12:27 PM
wow chris rainey kicked off. I wonder where he'll end up.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 12:32 PM
We're jumping the gun assuming he'll be kicked off.

Coach Urban Meyer could suspend Rainey for Florida's Southeastern Conference opener. Meyer has suspended other players, including defensive end Carlos Dunlap last season and receiver Frankie Hammond Jr. this summer, immediately following arrests.

Not one reliable source has reported the dismissal.

jrdrylie
09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
wow chris rainey kicked off. I wonder where he'll end up.

Probably Ole Miss. The Jeremiah Masoli situation shows they have no problem using felons.

jrdrylie
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
We're jumping the gun assuming he'll be kicked off.

Not one reliable source has reported the dismissal.

It says that he is no longer with the team. No telling what that actually means, but it sounds like he is, at least temporarily, off the team.

Sportsfan486
09-14-2010, 01:12 PM

She probably just wanted a restraining order and didn't realize if you call the police the dude's getting arrested. And I'm also wondering if the context of the "time to die" text wasn't more of a threat of suicide than violence? That would explain why she called the police if she wasn't afraid.

JoeJoeBrown
09-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Thugorific. WTF is wrong with these kids?

Bosanac01
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
This is a much bigger problem now then ever before. NFL teams are gonna have a hard time drafting players with a clean record.

yourfavestoner
09-14-2010, 01:38 PM

The text message said "Time to die" so he very well could have been talking about himself.

Sounds like he's more of an emo-baby than a thug to me.

jrdrylie
09-14-2010, 01:43 PM
The text message said "Time to die" so he very well could have been talking about himself.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100914/ARTICLES/100919719/1136?Title=Gators-wide-receiver-Chris-Rainey-arrested

Here is another story about it. This story seems to make it more obvious that the threat was directed at the woman. He also supposedly said "wait and see what happens when they leave" over the phone. This is a little harder to prove, but all indications point to him threatening the woman and not contemplating suicide.

iworshipbender
09-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Probably Ole Miss. The Jeremiah Masoli situation shows they have no problem using felons.

Masoli isn't a felon.

georgiafan
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
there has to be some kind of policy either conf or ncaa wide bc every day someone new gets arrested.

jrdrylie
09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Jeremiah pled guilty to second-degree burglary, which is a felony in Oregon. So yes, he is a felon.

yourfavestoner
09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100914/ARTICLES/100919719/1136?Title=Gators-wide-receiver-Chris-Rainey-arrested

Here is another story about it. This story seems to make it more obvious that the threat was directed at the woman. He also supposedly said "wait and see what happens when they leave" over the phone. This is a little harder to prove, but all indications point to him threatening the woman and not contemplating suicide.

Ah, so he's just an idiot.

iworshipbender
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Jeremiah pled guilty to second-degree burglary, which is a felony in Oregon. So yes, he is a felon.

It was reduced to a misdemeanor because of his guilty plea.

jrdrylie
09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
It was reduced to a misdemeanor because of his guilty plea.

Oh, my apologies. So he is non-felon who committed a felony.

iworshipbender
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Pretty much.

JoeJoeBrown
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh, my apologies. So he is non-felon who committed a felony.

Amen. The guy is a POS, repeat offender.

FUNBUNCHER
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM

If someone sends me a 'time to die' text message, I'm bolt locking the front door.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Wait, you can get arrested for giving a chick the DENNIS treatment?

jrdrylie
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I think even Dennis Reynolds would think telling a girl it's time to die is a bit outside of the DENNIS System. He is all about separating entirely, not obsessively stalking.

TitanHope
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM
This is gonna hamper my irrational mancrush on Chris Rainey.

Hang on, I'm gettin' a text...

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
He obviously meant...

"Time to die(t), *****!"

Bosanac01
09-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Time to die(sel) *****!!

JoeJoeBrown
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
30 is today's magic number. As in 30 of Urban's players have been arrested or faced charges. That's something like 16% of the players he's recruited.

Kwality.

Urban's ridin' dirty. (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/os-florida-gators-chris-rainey-arrest20100915,0,1159022.story)

bullg8rdaddy
09-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Since he has taken the job at UF (2005)he has signed 141 kids (including 4 transfers from other schools, Lutrel Alford - Furman, Ryan Smith - Utah, Emmanuel Moody - USC, and Chris Martin - Cal).

I don't have all of the arrest details, but I am pretty sure that some of the early arrests were Zook recruited players.

From another site:

Arrests where charges were dropped/not pursued:
Janoris Jenkins
Carl Johnson
Riley Cooper
Jermaine Cunningham
Tony Joiner
Dustin Doe
Dorian Munroe

Charges dropped/deferred:
Louis Murphy - community service - suspended 3 games
Jon Demps - probation - kicked off team
Avery Atkins - pre-trial intervention - suspended/left team
Dawayne Grace (2) - deferred prosecution - kicked off team
Cam Newton - deferred prosecution - suspended for the season
Torrey Davis - case closed - kicked off team
Brandon James - charges reduced - 1 game suspension

Major Crimes:
Jacques Rickerson (2) - kicked off team
Jamar Hornsby (2) - kicked off team
Ronnie Wilson (3) - kicked off team

Walk-ons:
Marquis Hannah - case dismissed
John Curtis - served probation

I see 24 arrests of 19 players (17 scholarship players). Of those only 3 players had major crime charges that stood and all 3 were kicked off the team.

IMO, this is WAAAAY overblown.

Bosanac01
09-16-2010, 12:12 PM
UGA is probably much worse.

**** their AD was arrested too.

edit: Just looked at the numbers and there were 10 players arrested just this summer.

JoeJoeBrown
09-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Hilarious.

Time To Die = UT fan apparel (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/09/gators-chris-rainey-time-to-die-tennessee-florida.html)

J-Mike88
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Is anyone surprised by these numbers, really?

And think of how many times guys have gotten away with things.

CashmoneyDrew
09-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Hilarious.

Time To Die = UT fan apparel (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/09/gators-chris-rainey-time-to-die-tennessee-florida.html)

Mike Bianchi or whatever his name is needs to get a sense of humor.

TitanHope
09-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Have we reached a point in college football and society for that matter when it is OK to make light of domestic abuse and death threats against women?

Yes. Yes we have.

Now go somewhere else and bawwwww, Mr. Bawwww Baw Bawwww. It's college kids making/buying t-shirts for a football game. The back of it says "VOLS, *****!!!" Obviously means these people condone death threats and are 100% super srsly serial.

tjsunstein
09-16-2010, 05:53 PM
That shirt is hilarious.

Love the text from last night area code spin off.

CashmoneyDrew
09-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Time to die Mike Bianchi!

descendency
09-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Tony Dungy will likely want to meet with him and will find him to be "an upstanding young man" as long as he doesn't use the F-word or coach the Jets.

sweetness34
09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Since he has taken the job at UF (2005)he has signed 141 kids (including 4 transfers from other schools, Lutrel Alford - Furman, Ryan Smith - Utah, Emmanuel Moody - USC, and Chris Martin - Cal).

I don't have all of the arrest details, but I am pretty sure that some of the early arrests were Zook recruited players.

From another site:

Who gives a **** if they were Zook recruited players. Look, I'm as pissed off at Zook's incompetence as much as any Illini fan, but regardless of who recruited them they became Urban Meyer's players when he took over.

A coach is responsible for the players on his team no matter who recruited them. The University of Florida program (like the Illinois program) lacks discipline off the field. Blame goes to Urban Meyer and Ron Zook for their players misbehaving.

Sure, some of the early arrests were Zook recruited players, but the same damn thing is happening with Meyer recruited players right now.

georgiafan
10-12-2010, 12:51 PM
he's baaaaack
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-florida-raineyreturns

LizardState
10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Amen. The guy is a POS, repeat offender.

Masoli was prosecuted for burglary &/or stolen property possession I think as a Quacker. And pot, which is a misdemeanor ticket in Oregon. If anything turns up missing in the Ole Miss athletic dorm, guess whose door gets knocked on 1st.........

Both on & off the field:

Arrests where charges were dropped/not pursued:
Janoris Jenkins
Carl Johnson
Riley Cooper
Jermaine Cunningham
Tony Joiner
Dustin Doe
Dorian Munroe

Charges dropped/deferred:
Louis Murphy - community service - suspended 3 games
Jon Demps - probation - kicked off team
Avery Atkins - pre-trial intervention - suspended/left team
Dawayne Grace (2) - deferred prosecution - kicked off team
Cam Newton - deferred prosecution - suspended for the season
Torrey Davis - case closed - kicked off team
Brandon James - charges reduced - 1 game suspension

Major Crimes:
Jacques Rickerson (2) - kicked off team
Jamar Hornsby (2) - kicked off team
Ronnie Wilson (3) - kicked off team

Walk-ons:
Marquis Hannah - case dismissed
John Curtis - served probation

I see 24 arrests of 19 players (17 scholarship players). Of those only 3 players had major crime charges that stood and all 3 were kicked off the team.

That's quite a roster. Also, there was the Spikes eye-gouging thing last yr vs. UGA (suspended for the Vanderbilt game), then a starter asleep dead drunk behind the wheel at a Gainesville traffic intersection at 3 AM IDK who that was, then the elder Pouncey center took $100K from somebody (an agent?) after losing the SECCG.

Those who say Meyer is getting a pass have a good case.

wonderbredd24
10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Masoli was prosecuted for burglary &/or stolen property possession I think as a Quacker. And pot, which is a misdemeanor ticket in Oregon. If anything turns up missing in the Ole Miss athletic dorm, guess whose door gets knocked on 1st.........

Anyone keeping count of Florida players in trouble with the law now? There was the Spikes eye-gouging thing last yr, then a starter asleep dead drunk behind the wheel at a Gainesville traffic intersection at 3 AM, then the elder Pouncey center took $100K after losing the SECCG. There are others as well. Those who say Meyer is getting a pass have a good case.
Since when did eye gouging on a football field become a legal matter?

Race for the Heisman
10-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Since when did eye gouging on a football field become a legal matter?

When the aggrieved party chooses a court for redress? I'm not saying they'd win, but there's no reason it couldn't happen, and given the offense there's no reason the case couldn't go to trial.

shylo3716
10-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Will he declare for the draft this year?

etk
07-09-2011, 09:37 AM
A worthy thread bump. This guy will still be playing for the Gators this fall, smh.

bullg8rdaddy
07-12-2011, 02:39 AM
SMH

10char

sbh15
07-12-2011, 06:53 AM
****** up when someone gets kicked off a team for smoking weed (which i guarantee close to 80-90% of ncaa football players do) and this guy is allowed to keep playing.

jrdrylie
07-12-2011, 08:21 AM
****** up when someone gets kicked off a team for smoking weed (which i guarantee close to 80-90% of ncaa football players do) and this guy is allowed to keep playing.

I think 80-90% is quite an exaggeration. I'd say maybe 15-20% smoke weed regularly while probably 60-70% have tried it once or twice.

sbh15
07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I think 80-90% is quite an exaggeration. I'd say maybe 15-20% smoke weed regularly while probably 60-70% have tried it once or twice.

i'd bet you at least 60-70% smoke regularly. we're talking about college kids who get offered everything to them for free, a lot of which will never make it to the nfl. they're going to take advantage of that while they can. florida's national championship teams were notorious for weed smoking and tolerance thereof.

etk
07-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Yup...let's not get into a "legalize it" debate, but it really sucks that JJ - one of the best players in CFB period - is gone from the FBS. I'm gonna miss seeing him shut down elite WRs and I hope he still gets drafted where he deserves (top 10) or ends up a Buc.

i'd bet you at least 60-70% smoke regularly. we're talking about college kids who get offered everything to them for free, a lot of which will never make it to the nfl. they're going to take advantage of that while they can. florida's national championship teams were notorious for weed smoking and tolerance thereof.

I think it's closer to this than the other. Weed has been a problem for the Canes recently, the cause of many suspensions and doghouse sitters. Definitely more than 60% have tried it...everyone's curious and these kids do a lot dumber things, i.e. saying "I'm 50% committed to school X".

nrk
07-15-2011, 04:07 PM

He got arrested 3 times. While I don't think it should be illegal to smoke (another topic for another forum), he couldn't stay out of trouble. He got arrested for fighting as well.

Let's not pretend it was just for smoking.