PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Grant done for the year

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Reports Jay Glazer. (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39175161/ns/sports-player_news/)

Not good. Not good at all.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/ryan91310.jpg

BloodBrother
09-14-2010, 01:06 PM
You know what this mean...

http://sportsroids.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/marshawn-lynch-beast-mode-grill.jpg

comin to GB.

Seriously though, this freakin sucks. Week 1 season enders to key players to a team are the worst thing to stomach. Grant wasn't flashy but he got the job done, and was a good complement to the Packers great passing attack. They definitely need to try and add somebody via trade or maybe explore somebody like Willie Parker(meeeh) as JAckson/Kuhn won't be good enough for a full season

A Perfect Score
09-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Well this is an inconvenience for my fantasy team.

boknows34
09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Will be on crutches for 10-12 weeks according to Schefter.

Packystan
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
This is really unfortunate. He was a good productive runner in the ZBS, and was reliable as they come when it came to protecting the football. TTdefinitely needs to find a replacement fast. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a guy like Lynch.

BloodBrother
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
One of those Dallas RB's would be nice to, but doubt Dallas wants to move any of them

Hawk
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Well damn, that really sucks.

Can we get this guy back?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/andrew_perloff/11/20/pack.vikings.mnf.preview/p1_gado2.jpg

Sportsfan486
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Jackson has improved over the last couple years but he's not a number one. This is an enormous blow and kills off the "best offense ever talk" pretty convincingly. As has been mentioned, Grant wasn't pretty but he was consistent and got the tough yards.

We need to hammer out a trade. Plenty of platoons out there, someone good has to be unhappy. Thomas Jones? Someone in that Carolina backfield? Fred Jackson (<-- that would make me so ****ing happy) or even Lynch?

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Jackson has improved over the last couple years but he's not a number one. This is an enormous blow and kills off the "best offense ever talk" pretty convincingly. As has been mentioned, Grant wasn't pretty but he was consistent and got the tough yards.

What sort of coked up homer was saying that? The offensive line was average at best and no one expected the run game to be anything great before the injury.

Sportsfan486
09-14-2010, 01:45 PM
What sort of coked up homer was saying that? The offensive line was average at best and no one expected the run game to be anything great before the injury.

Someone said that on ESPN. I can't remember who. I definitely thought it was dumb.

I do think this injury really, really hurts our Superbowl chances. Grant wasn't dynamic but he was consistent and the dropoff to Jackson is huge.

Mr.Regular
09-14-2010, 01:46 PM

We have ONE RB on the roster now, and he's a good pass catcher/blocker and a decent runner. Thats it.

**** this is a huge hit to our chances.

yourfavestoner
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I'd expect to see Marshawn in a GB uniform by the end of next week.

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 01:48 PM
A move will be made I'm sure. The free agent market looks a little bare unless you really like Willie Parker or Justin Fargas, but there are plenty of decent backups around the league whose team will probably part for a mid-round pick.

Mr.Regular
09-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Marshawn Lynch?
Hell naw, our apparent answer is Dimitri Nance from the Falcons PS.
WTF is this ****.

georgiafan
09-14-2010, 01:50 PM

We have ONE RB on the roster now, and he's a good pass catcher/blocker and a decent runner. Thats it.

**** this is a huge hit to our chances.

GB only keep 2 HB's on the roster? Why in the world would any team with half a brain do that.

Nance looked pretty good in preseason

Mr.Regular
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
GB only keep 2 HB's on the roster? Why in the world would any team with half a brain do that.

Nance looked pretty good in preseason
John Kuhn was our 3rd running back, but hes a FB mainly.
James Starks also is on the PUP.

Still, this was an extremely thin position.

eaglesalltheway
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Those Eagles jerseys are what jinxed this game for both teams, they should never wear them again.

/pointless, useless rant.

That's a shame for Grant, and a big blow the the Packers, they go from being a favorite to "just" a playoff team now, IMO.

boknows34
09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Is James Starks on the PUP?

Edit: I see Mr Regular has just answered that as I was typing.

wicket
09-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Jacksons FF value just shot up ;)

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Jacksons FF value just shot up ;)

I'm 18th in waiver priority in my league....I don't think I'm going to be getting him, lol.

But maybe that'll free someone else up for me...I can dream, right?

PackerLegend
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM
what the ****? Is Philly to poor to have carts? Grant was bouncing around on 1 leg with a fracture to the locker room and Weaver busts his knee up pretty good and still no cart!

GB12
09-14-2010, 02:15 PM
This sucks. Seriously.

Forget Brandon, let's go get Steven.

Sportsfan486
09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
what the ****? Is Philly to poor to have carts? Grant was bouncing around on 1 leg with a fracture to the locker room and Weaver busts his knee up pretty good and still no cart!

I could NOT figure out why three people were trying to carry that huge dude off the field while he was in horrible pain. Maybe they DON'T have carts. O.o;;

LonghornsLegend
09-14-2010, 02:48 PM
I felt like James Starks was the future at the RB position for them, perfect pick, great fit, everything would have been lined up for him to be the guy right now but he hasn't been healthy since being drafted and honestly was struggling with injuries even before then.

I don't see why they don't make a move for Lynch, he can't cost that much and honestly he's a really good fit as long as he's in shape. Some people act like he's washed up or trash but he's always shown me talent on the field he just makes some stupid decisions off of it.

BloodBrother
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Not Thompson's MO to make a trade for a name player. After McCarthy's high praise for Jackson this preseason, and their recent pickup of Dmitri Nance off the Falcons practice squad, I'm fully prepared for the Packers to use Jackson as the guy all season, and then hope that Starks can return when he is eligible

A trade would make sense, but I don't expect one, at all

Sportsfan486
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Is it wrong that I am a die-hard Packers fan yet I got a tiny bit happy at this news because I just claimed Jackson off waivers? :(
I feel dirty.

Brodeur
09-14-2010, 03:17 PM
DeDe Dorsey is still hanging around out there.

LonghornsLegend
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Is it wrong that I am a die-hard Packers fan yet I got a tiny bit happy at this news because I just claimed Jackson off waivers? :(
I feel dirty.

Lol yea that is wrong. I am a fantasy football nut but I put the Cowboys first. I'd never be excited about losing Felix Jones because I had Tashard Choice, ever.

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Lol yea that is wrong. I am a fantasy football nut but I put the Cowboys first. I'd never be excited about losing Felix Jones because I had Tashard Choice, ever.

It is for this reason I try to never, ever draft Bears players. And I hate playing people who are starting Bears players.

SuperMcGee
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
We need to hammer out a trade. Plenty of platoons out there, someone good has to be unhappy. Thomas Jones? Someone in that Carolina backfield? Fred Jackson (<-- that would make me so ****ing happy) or even Lynch?

If we traded Fred Jackson, I would ******* murder everybody involved, other than Freddy. I'm sure he would tear it up, too.

This really blows for Grant. I do wish Starks was healthy to possibly take advantage, though.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Dmitri Nance, let's do this thing.

Seriously, fack.

PACKmanN
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
It is for this reason I try to never, ever draft Bears players. And I hate playing people who are starting Bears players.

i don't think you should worry about something like that.

Our RB coach was in love with everything Lynch did and pushed for the Packers to draft him, so hopefully the Packers do try and trade for him :D

09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Dmitri Nance was verrry impressive this preseason, for those of you who weren't watching. Once upon a time Ryan Grant was one of those practice squad gems who couldn't crack the regular squad because of a deep, etched group ahead of him. Let's not completely roll our eyes at their decision to sign him. They should still find room to add another back, possibly through trade, though not for a marquee name like Lynch I don't think.

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
i don't think you should worry about something like that.

Our RB coach was in love with everything Lynch did and pushed for the Packers to draft him, so hopefully the Packers do try and trade for him :D

Forte was the 2nd highest scoring RB in my league, Cutler the 3rd highest scoring QB, Knox and Aro are legit 2nd/3rd options at WR, the guy I played this week got some points from Chester Taylor....they aren't that bad of a fantasy team.

Of course I have Devin Hester of the group.... :/

Dmitri Nance was verrry impressive this preseason, for those of you who weren't watching. Once upon a time Ryan Grant was one of those practice squad gems who couldn't crack the regular squad because of a deep, etched group ahead of him. Let's not completely roll our eyes at their decision to sign him. They should still find room to add another back, possibly through trade, though not for a marquee name like Lynch I don't think.

It's going to take him some time to adjust though. It's not like he was activated from their own PS and will know their playbook and stuff. As a runner, that may not be as big of deal, but on that offense, his pass blocking and routes out of the backfield will be arguably more important.

J-Mike88
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Grant has been very underrated, and it irritates me when some Packer fans would complain that he's not fast enough. He was solid, and he didn't fumble, or get arrested.

But RB is not a complicated position to replace, and there are tons of guys who can come in and do well, in this offense, if Brandon Jackson and John Kuuuuuuhn don't last long.

But I can't believe Dimitry not a russian Nance is THE BEST option out of all 32 practice squads or trade possibilities. Maroney only cost a 5th round pick essentially.

Marshawn Lynch must be able to be had for that same price, or less, with his misconduct suspensions under his belt.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
I love Grant, always have but I would kill for a McCluster play making type out of the backfield. Not to replace Grant but to spell.

J-Mike88
09-14-2010, 04:38 PM
I love Grant, always have but I would kill for a McCluster play making type out of the backfield. Not to replace Grant but to spell.Me too, but Dimitri Nance is what we're getting. That's it.

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I love Grant, always have but I would kill for a McCluster play making type out of the backfield. Not to replace Grant but to spell.

I mocked them Jaquizz a few weeks ago....he or Devine would look sick with their speed in that offense. Spread things out and give it to them on a draw, watch him burn through defenses.

Scares me as a Bears fan.

BloodBrother
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Maroney blows, I'm glad the Pack didn't try for him. He dances waaaay too much in the backfield. Lynch or Fred Jackson would be their best bet if they were to look for a RB

again though, with how Thompson operates, I'm not holding my breathe on a trade coming anytime soon, if at all

SuperMcGee
09-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Please, just leave Fred Jackson's name out of this thread. No reason to even speculate on that.

And trust me, Lynch's movements in the backfield aren't that much better. He has the tough-running reputation, but all he usually does is dance and then run directly into a guard.

Brodeur
09-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Please, just leave Fred Jackson's name out of this thread. No reason to even speculate on that.

And trust me, Lynch's movements in the backfield aren't that much better. He has the tough-running reputation, but all he usually does is dance and then run directly into a guard.

If the Bills aren't going to use Jackson much, they might as well trade him.

TitleTown088
09-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Meh, Let's see what Jackson can do. If there's one aspect he's better at than Grant it's pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield which could help Rodgers out.

I bet we'll see a lot of Quinn Johnson/John Kuhn combo this Sunday.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 06:54 PM
The Packers don't need a running back until Week 7 or so, let's see how we hold up. Our schedule is WEAK for the opening half.

Cicero
09-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Do people actually think Marshawn Lynch is good? Am I the only one who doesn't like him at all or something?

GB12
09-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Do people actually think Marshawn Lynch is good? Am I the only one who doesn't like him at all or something?
I don't like him a ton, but we're really weak at the position so I'd definitely take him if the price is right.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 07:31 PM
He wouldn't be bad in the ZBS plus our RB coach was very high on him coming out. It's not like he'd be expensive, either. And the fact he's available may be why you're seeing his name a lot.

P-L
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
He's better than Adrian Peterson. Oh wait...

wogitalia
09-14-2010, 08:01 PM

Probably because they figure they can find a good productive back on someones practice squad. It really seems like the only backs worth drafting are the ones who have some truly special qualities, otherwise you can just find the Arian Foster, Ryan Grant or Willie Parkers in the middle of nowhere.

Rosebud
09-14-2010, 09:29 PM
MaMmHWpXwZg
Green Bay's answer.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Green Bay's answer.
Currently on the PUP list.

LonghornsLegend
09-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Funny but it just came to me, I'm pretty sure GB wishes they never let Tyrell Sutton get away. I heard Carolina declined trade offers for him and he's buried on their depth chart, dude's gonna be a beast once he gets a shot.

This would have been a perfect time for him to explode onto the scene, but Carolina is holding tight even though they have 3 very capable RB's on the roster ahead of him.

I was surprised that GB even let him get away back when they did for some reason.

hawkeye123
09-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Maroney blows, I'm glad the Pack didn't try for him. He dances waaaay too much in the backfield. Lynch or Fred Jackson would be their best bet if they were to look for a RB

again though, with how Thompson operates, I'm not holding my breathe on a trade coming anytime soon, if at all

I can't stop laughing at your sig.

On a serious note, really sucks for the Packers, i feel for em. I've always had a lot of respect for Grant.

09-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Funny but it just came to me, I'm pretty sure GB wishes they never let Tyrell Sutton get away. I heard Carolina declined trade offers for him and he's buried on their depth chart, dude's gonna be a beast once he gets a shot.

This would have been a perfect time for him to explode onto the scene, but Carolina is holding tight even though they have 3 very capable RB's on the roster ahead of him.

I was surprised that GB even let him get away back when they did for some reason.

It's interesting that you brought that up. Tyrell Sutton laid a hit on special teams in the Titans-Panthers preseason game that felt so eerily similar to Terrell Davis' a decade and a half ago before he infamously catapulted himself to the top of the Broncos depth chart.

After seeing that, I thought to myself 'if only this kid could have a fighting chance at the same opportunity', knowing the talent he was in college, having followed him closely his junior and senior seasons. Obviously that opportunity was not gonna come in Carolina, especially with Goodson also impressing and possessing superior physical measurables and greater value as a returner.

I agree, he's gonna be a good one for somebody. Hopefully that door opens for him somewhere, because I could see him being productive in a similar role to Ahmad Bradshaw as a smaller lead back in a dual backfield.

TitleTown088
09-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Tyrell Sutton can't pass block worth a damn. He was cut for a reason.

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Tyrell Sutton can't pass block worth a damn. He was cut for a reason.

Yea but let's not act like he's a scrub either. The Panthers have Deangelo, Stewart and Mike Goodson ahead of him and reportedly declined at least 2 offers for him before the season and opted to keep him on the 53 as the 4th RB. As soon as he gets his chance he's gonna explode on the scene I have no doubt about it.

He was cut more so due to the fact that I've rarely seen GB keep 3 RB's, I'm sure it's been done before but still. How many other teams have you ever heard of that kept 4 RB's on their final roster when your top 3 is as talented as Carolina's?

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 12:39 AM
He was cut more so due to the fact that I've rarely seen GB keep 3 RB's, I'm sure it's been done before but still. How many other teams have you ever heard of that kept 4 RB's on their final roster...

The Bears did. They kept Forte, Taylor, Wolfe and Kahlil Bell.

...when your top 3 is as talented as Carolina's?

Oh..... :(

Todd Bertuzzi
09-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Wow I didn't think Grant's injury was that bad. Sucks for you guys though especially in a year where expectations are so high. Hopefully you guys can find a replacement soon like a Lynch or your offense will have problems.

GB12
09-15-2010, 12:45 AM
He was cut more so due to the fact that I've rarely seen GB keep 3 RB's, I'm sure it's been done before but still. How many other teams have you ever heard of that kept 4 RB's on their final roster when your top 3 is as talented as Carolina's?

We always keep 3 RBs. Unless I'm completely blanking on something this is the first year that we've gone with only two since I've been watching football. Keeping just two RBs in the NFL is extremely unusual. I don't think it was a bad move considering our roster, but it kind of hurts now.

Last year we kept DeShawn Wynn over Sutton, with the intention of holding him on the practice squad. We later cut Wynn and brought back Ahman Green.

Sportsfan486
09-15-2010, 01:02 AM
We always keep 3 RBs. Unless I'm completely blanking on something this is the first year that we've gone with only two since I've been watching football. Keeping just two RBs in the NFL is extremely unusual. I don't think it was a bad move considering our roster, but it kind of hurts now.

Last year we kept DeShawn Wynn over Sutton, with the intention of holding him on the practice squad. We later cut Wynn and brought back Ahman Green.

We had James Stark on the PUP. So really we had planned on 2 RBs (+Kuhn, who we use like a RB sometimes) for 6 weeks along with 3 FBs. We had 5 backs on the roster.

Rosebud
09-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Currently on the PUP list.

He's just letting the drama build. Come on man, it's way too early to be pulling out all of the stops, we're still just starting the rising action.

GB12
09-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Rodgers on Lynch
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was asked Wednesday what he would say to the Packers if they asked for his opinion about a possible deal for disgruntled Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, Rodgers' former Cal teammate.

"Bring him on," Rodgers said, without hesitation.

Not even with his character knocks?

"He's a great player," Rodgers said of Lynch. "And any character issues the team might see, I think in a situation like that, and I think you've seen that with other players across the league, when you give a guy a change of scenery and a guy like that who feels he might have something to prove, and surround him with two guys, (Desmond) Bishop and myself who played with him...I think that can only help him feel comfortable and see a lot of production."

Rodgers said the Packers have not asked him about Lynch, and that Rodgers and Lynch have not spoken.

umphrey
09-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd like to give it a few games and see how it goes, but I'd also really like to get Lynch. We can turn this negative into a positive if we play it right. I'd be pretty pissed if we were looking to trade for Lynch but decided to try out Jackson first, and in that time Lynch got traded somewhere else.

CC.SD
09-15-2010, 06:52 PM
has there ever been a list with a more demeaning name than 'physically unable to perform'?

GB12
09-15-2010, 06:53 PM
has there ever been a list with a more demeaning name than 'physically unable to perform'?

Baseball calls them disabled

Splat
09-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Rodgers on Lynch

He might as well said "I have no faith in Brandon Jackson what so ever".

dannyz
09-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Give Brandon Jackson a chance, since he was Drafted he never really had a chance because Grant had his only good Season in the NFL that year and he has been the Starter since then. I know Jackson might not look like a Great RB but give him a chance I think he will surprise a lot of people.

GB12
09-15-2010, 07:48 PM
No, not really what he said. No matter what we need to bring in a running back, might as well get a good one. He'd share carries with Jackson.

Give Brandon Jackson a chance, since he was Drafted he never really had a chance because Grant had his only good Season in the NFL that year and he has been the Starter since then. I know Jackson might not look like a Great RB but give him a chance I think he will surprise a lot of people.His only good season? He's put up 1,200+ yards in each of the two following that.

Anyway, Brandon Jackson was handed the starting job as a rookie. He started the first three games, then lost the job to DeShawn Wynn and hasn't started since. He has improved and I think he can be a useful player, but he'll probably never be a true #1 back in the NFL.

Saints-Tigers
09-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Grant seems like the type of guy that is just good enough for the team to not find a replacement, but not quite good enough to be a true difference maker.

yo123
09-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Grant seems like the type of guy that is just good enough for the team to not find a replacement, but not quite good enough to be a true difference maker.

Pretty much, and I love him for it.

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
You might see how much of a difference maker Grant is when we play without him. He continues to be one of the more underappreciated players in the NFL.

General Zod
09-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I've always liked Ryan Grant. I think he is the best back that no one talks about really.

Well....except now, I guess we are talking about him. lol

Saints-Tigers
09-15-2010, 09:41 PM
You might see how much of a difference maker Grant is when we play without him. He continues to be one of the more underappreciated players in the NFL.

Maybe, but that's because you don't have another back that is even serviceable.

GB12
09-15-2010, 10:11 PM
I've always liked Ryan Grant. I think he is the best back that no one talks about really.

Well....except now, I guess we are talking about him. lol

Yeah, but whenever he's talked about it's because people are hating on him. For whatever reason this forum refuses to give Grant any respect. He's one of the better backs in the NFL even if no one here will admit it.

yo123
09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, but whenever he's talked about it's because people are hating on him. For whatever reason this forum refuses to give Grant any respect. He's one of the better backs in the NFL even if no one here will admit it.

Oh come on now. Guys off the top of my head I would rather have-

Peterson
CJ
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Cedric Benson
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Pierre Thomas
MJD

13 guys without giving it much thought and not including guys who haven't proven anything yet and will be better. That's average.

Brodeur
09-15-2010, 10:48 PM

Peterson
CJ
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Cedric Benson
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Pierre Thomas
MJD

13 guys without giving it much thought and not including guys who haven't proven anything yet and will be better. That's average.

You're forgetting Jamaal Charles, making it 14.

SuperMcGee
09-15-2010, 10:49 PM

But he actually only listed 12, bringing us back to 13.

Unless Fred Jackson is just assumed, which would make sense.

yo123
09-15-2010, 10:49 PM

I was including him in the group of guys who haven't proven enough yet. But going forward yes I would absolutely take him over Grant. He's a stud.

yo123
09-15-2010, 10:50 PM

You had to be that guy didn't you.

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2010, 10:54 PM

I expected him to say that about Lynch, they both went to Cal and played together, not really surprising to me. Though I would be surprised if they didn't bring someone else in honestly.

Brodeur
09-15-2010, 10:54 PM

He's in the Jamaal Charles league of guys being benched for less than awesome guys in front of them.

SuperMcGee
09-15-2010, 10:58 PM
He's in the Jamaal Charles league of guys being benched for less than awesome guys in front of them.

A fantastic statement about an unfortunate fact.

NotRickJames
09-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Running backs are easy to replace compared to everything else. The loss of a consistent and reliable back like Grant hurts, but it won't kill their season.

CJSchneider
09-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Well this is an inconvenience for my fantasy team.

I had Grant in 3 different leagues. FML

GB12
09-16-2010, 12:13 AM

Peterson
CJ
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Cedric Benson
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Pierre Thomas
MJD

Get the **** out of here with Pierre Thomas and Cedric Benson.

Here's the post I made in the Packers forum earlier today.

Why the **** do people refuse to give Ryan Grant any credit at all? 23rd? No ******* way.

Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Maurice Jones-Drew
Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Ray Rice

Those are the guys that are better than Ryan Grant

Rashard Mendenhall
Jamaal Charles
Jonathan Stewart

Those are the guys that are just behind/even to Ryan Grant

Ryan Grant is a top 12 back, no matter how much this forum wants to hate him.

LonghornsLegend
09-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Get the **** out of here with Pierre Thomas and Cedric Benson.

Here's the post I made in the Packers forum earlier today.

I didn't even scan over it that long, and noticed you left off Ray Rice. I won't make too much of a big deal about it because I'm sure it was a mistake.

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Pierre Thomas >>> Grant

Better runner and better pass catcher.

GB12
09-16-2010, 12:25 AM
I didn't even scan over it that long, and noticed you left off Ray Rice. I won't make too much of a big deal about it because I'm sure it was a mistake.

Hm, I even know I thought of him when writing that, I must have just missed actually type his name.

yo123
09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Benson is borderline and I do think he was overrated last year, but Pierre Thomas is a much better all around player than Ryan Grant. Great receiver out of the backfield and not any less of a runner than Grant. Grant doesn't have great speed, power, moves, or anything really. He has pretty good vision and hits the whole as hard as he can until first contact. The number of running backs in the league who can do that is too many to count.

Guys that haven't proven enough but will be better in a year or two-
Beanie Wells
Jamaal Charles
Felix Jones if he stays healthy
Jahvid Best
Lesean McCoy
Shonne Greene