PDA

View Full Version : Week 2-Philadelphia at Detroit (+4)

Scotty D
09-14-2010, 01:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/41a3Y.png

Kolb has a concussion so they should be up against Vick. Lions will be getting Levy back at MLB. Philly is weak on the offensive line and secondary. Avril left with a knee injury on Sunday, not sure if he will be able to go. Shaun Hill isn't that great but similar to Jon Kitna in that he knows to just keep throwing to Calvin. With the home field advantage I like the Lions +4.

LOltheLions?
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
No Stafford= no win

The defense will have low morale, Vick will be able to do whatever he wants against us. Its going to be ugly

Eagles- 31
Lions- 10

tblain1
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
No Stafford= no win

The defense will have low morale, Vick will be able to do whatever he wants against us. Its going to be ugly

Eagles- 31
Lions- 10

Booooo....

I actually think the Lions have a good chance in this one. Home field, defensive line is strong, Hill will have a week to practice and learn the game plan, (as opposed to hearing at halftime "your'e the guy.").

I'm beaming with Lions optimism.

Prowler
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
i'm betting the farm on philly. only 4 pts. we have important corners who haven't really practiced with out team yet, plus philly has speed wrs who should be able to torch us deep. plus that eagles defense is great. we're getting picked off 4 times.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
If it's Kolb playing then the Lions have a legitimate shot, but I foresee a big day for Vick.

Addict
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
weak O-line, you say? A possible Suh-prise?

mellojello
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
If it's Kolb playing then the Lions have a legitimate shot, but I foresee a big day for Vick.Agreed, if I were a Detroit fan, I'd rather face Kolb.

noondog
09-15-2010, 05:56 AM
The only way the Lions are going to have a shot in this one is to control the clock, meaning that Jahvid and more importantly the O-line are going to need to come up big. Real big.

P-L
09-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I think Vick is being overrated right now. He should still have a pretty good game, but I don't foresee him leading a blowout. Who knows though? I think that if Shaun Hill is any better than terrible, we can keep the Eagles from winning by more than 10 points. Right now, I'm thinking the Eagles win 24-16.

Scotty D
09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
We have

Philly (W)
at Minny (L)
at Green Bay (L)
St. Louis (W)
at New York
BYE
Redskins

We need to steal a win from Philly and then beat St. Louis. We can be sitting at 2-3 heading to New York with Stafford. That doesn't sound that bad? I'd feel a lot better if we were able to get the win in Chicago but what can you do about it. Worse case scenario we come off the bye at 2-4 with Washington at home (I think a winnable game).

Maybe Next Year Millen2
09-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm looking forward to this game. Another game we could steal just like the Bears game and 2-4 in the first 6 games would make me happy.

Levy practiced two days in a row so hopefully he is back to help with the short stuff to McCoy and Celek and shadowing Vick. Bradley may be out but the Eagles will still be hard to run against with Bunkley/Patterson. Just need a couple random holes for Best to break one, especially with Sims overpursuit on plays. The Lions Oline has to run block way better for us to have any chance. Cole/Graham/Parker will be even tougher to block but Backus has to redeem himself.

We can't give up 300 yards passing to Vick. He was one QB we should limit passing at least but he has some weapons for sure. No big plays from slants to Jackson or Maclin.

Hopefully after last weeks heart break and the home opener/sell out they can put enough together to win/steal the game. Glad we picked up Hill as hopefully he's a competent backup. That last drive against Chicago showed a glimpse of that I hope.

And once again we need turnovers. Don't care how we get them. Really glad KVB chases down plays like a mad man and Vick holds the ball out when he runs.

Addict
09-18-2010, 09:02 PM
We have

Philly (W)
at Minny (L)
at Green Bay (L)
St. Louis (W)
at New York
BYE
Redskins

We need to steal a win from Philly and then beat St. Louis. We can be sitting at 2-3 heading to New York with Stafford. That doesn't sound that bad? I'd feel a lot better if we were able to get the win in Chicago but what can you do about it. Worse case scenario we come off the bye at 2-4 with Washington at home (I think a winnable game).

to be honest I'd prefer if we leave Staff for NY. We're most likely losing that game anyway and that Giants O-line is able to re-injure Matthew in an instant. Give him the extra two weeks (Giants game + BYE) and set him back in for the Skins game, which we could actually win.

Xiomera
09-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Prediction: Eagles 27, Lions 21

Addict
09-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Game day! I'm gonna go with... the upset

Eagles 21 - Lions 24

frubulubu
09-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey guys Ill be heading to the game today and got front row seats! I got my Reggie White Jersey and will be attending my first Eagles game ever. Feel guilty about rooting for my Eagles against the Lions but I promise Ill go the Thanks Giving game and root for the Lions then.

Scotty D
09-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Ernie Sims is back in Detroit , forgot about that.

Scotty D
09-19-2010, 12:17 PM
The refs are starting to hold back this team. I'm not kidding, the refs don't respect us.

Xiomera
09-19-2010, 12:20 PM
******* Shaun Hill.

Scotty D
09-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Best 5 rush 74 yards 1 TD

Xiomera
09-19-2010, 12:25 PM
6 plays, 76 yards all on the ground?

Whoa now.

Xiomera
09-19-2010, 01:20 PM
That is the first successfully executed screen pass by the Lions since Barry was playing.

Best owns.

Scotty D
09-19-2010, 01:21 PM
All the Lion fans that over drafted Best in fantasy leagues are breathing easy.

BRAVEHEART
09-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Defense needs to step up and stop this drive, but I'm proud of the fight from the team.

Leave nothing on the field.

BRAVEHEART
09-19-2010, 01:41 PM
FML, Delmas re-injured his groin. We really can't catch a ******* break.

Scotty D
09-19-2010, 01:48 PM
offensive pass interference?

BRAVEHEART
09-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, Delmas got back in...so I guess that's good.

BRAVEHEART
09-19-2010, 02:53 PM
We played tough, can't be mad at that. Team has promise, just need one more draft, and for the impact players to stay healthy.

LOltheLions?
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
why in the hell was Shawn Hill going deep on that last drive? There was a minute to go, we had it around the 40 yard line, and we had a timeout. And you go deep on every play? That was so stupid.. unbelievable

P-L
09-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Hill didn't go deep the entire game, until the last drive. Go figure.

P-L
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
It really sucks to think that if Stafford hadn't gotten hurt, we very well could be 2-0 right now.

Scotty D
09-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Pettigrew had a nice day, 7 catches for 108 yards.

Xiomera
09-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Pettigrew had a nice day, 7 catches for 108 yards.

He's no Michael Oher ...

Addict
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
He's no Michael Oher ...

just try to see some silver lining.

some days I hate this game. I really do.

why can't we ever win but the goddamn chicago bears just went 2-0? Why are the Buccaneers 2-0?

LOltheLions?
09-19-2010, 06:48 PM
just try to see some silver lining.

some days I hate this game. I really do.

why can't we ever win but the goddamn chicago bears just went 2-0? Why are the Buccaneers 2-0?

we

are

cursed!

I told everyone i was giving up on the Lions and I wouldn't waste my time anymore, but i did watch the game just for ***** and giggles and my friends were celebrating when we were up 17-3 and i just said "wait till the 4th quarter". And sure enough they blow the lead and give up 4 unanswered touchdowns. Nice comeback at the end, but everyone and their mothers knew, Detroit was not going to score on that last drive. Im still seeing a 4-12 season.

mellojello
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
All the Lion fans that over drafted Best in fantasy leagues are breathing easy.I took him in the 4th, haha!

Scotty D
09-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Check out Schwartz after the Desean Jackson catch that was exactly like the play last week.

http://imgur.com/9FSzH.jpg
http://imgur.com/9kPse.jpg
http://imgur.com/P1W9k.jpg
^^^the shocker lol

Werowance
09-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Check out Schwartz after the Desean Jackson catch that was exactly like the play last week.

http://imgur.com/9FSzH.jpg
http://imgur.com/9kPse.jpg
http://imgur.com/P1W9k.jpg
^^^the shocker lol

I wish Andy Reid had that kind of passion and fire.

BTW great game today, the Lions are on the rise though. The last time we played you guys it was a laugher, today it was a nail biter. Jahvid Best is a monster too, he owned this defense more than I've ever seen it owned, previously the only guy to beat us that bad was Felix Jones.

Addict
09-20-2010, 03:47 AM
suh also got another sack which is nice. I just hope they actually get to win a few games. I love Patrick Peterson but I really don't want to have him frist over all again.

boknows34
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Suh

6 tackles
2 assists
2.5 TFL
1 sack

frubulubu
09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Great game guys I really enjoyed it tons. Did anyone noticed on the last Lions drive that the stadium was screaming defense?

noondog
09-20-2010, 08:12 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the most promising aspect of the past two weeks is that we've kept games close with our back-up QB. We may well have been 2-0 had Staff not been hurt, but I have so much optimism with the team on the whole moving forward. Some personal thoughts after week 2:

1. Oher would have been a better choice than Pettigrew, but it was hella good to see him have a break-out game. Having his confidence grow with games like that will do nothing but good things for us. Hopefully he keeps it up.

2. Jahvid was pure sex this week and if he stays healthy, he'll win OROY easily imo. The screen passing game by itself will now keep defenses honest. The only thing I will say is that he should not be in short yardage situations. If they want to line Suh up at FB, Felton should be behind him, not Best.

3. And speaking of Suh, he has not been getting the love he deserves as of yet. He's already dominating at the LOS. He's penetrating a ton and taking on double-teams regularly.

4. Our LB's are even worse than I thought they'd be. We need Levy back bad and it is def a place we need to upgrade in the offseason along with secondary and OT.

5. The offense HAS to start getting Megatron involved in the game earlier, and they have to take at least a couple of deep shots at him throughout the game, especially when we're on our own half of the field. Between Johnson grabbing balls at 20+ yds and Best running and grabbing screens, defenses will be stretched right out.

6. Schwartz is so the right man for this team right now. Love the guy.

If we do well next offseason (and Staff & Co. stay healthy), Lions will be the surprise team of the NFL next year...no doubt.

detroit4life
09-20-2010, 08:44 PM
completely agree.

a few points...

1) are we currently looking at potential DROY and OROY this year? shows a lot of success in what we did this year

2) this team is a competitive teama nd even with our back up QB we have proved to be anything but a push over team

3) this upcoming offseason is crucial but also very easy. Upgrade LT, CB, LB and we have a team capable of surprising tons of people.

Our dline is doing great things, our secondary and LB corp is awful. If we can upgrade at CB (peterson please) and LB along with finally getting a replacement at LT and this team has a very solid team.

I will say though that if i had a vote, we would be trading for mcniel right now and getting him at LT when staf gets back. Keep him standing up and have a very good oline with backus moving to RT.