PDA

View Full Version : Laurence Maroney Traded to the Broncos

Shane P. Hallam
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
"For RB Laurence Maroney, New England gets Denver's fourth-round pick in 2011 and Denver gets New England's sixth-round pick in 2011."

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/24451151036

prock
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Well the only thing stopping him from starting is Knowshon. And boy does Knowshon suck.

Jvig43
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Good riddance.

Don Vito
09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Good riddance.

Yup.

Not only oft-injured, but a prima donna and has the cockiness of someone who is actually decent and he is actually terrible. Glad he's gone.

vidae
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Can't say I'm too worried about Laurence Maroney in the AFC West scheme of things..

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
He looked so good coming out of Minnesota, too.

J-Mike88
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
He looked so good coming out of Minnesota, too.
As did Marion Barber, who was a 3rd round pick compared to NE spending a 1 on Maroney.

Addict
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
considering Maroney was 4th in the pats depth chart and will most likely be third or second in the Broncos', is this really something we want to have a thread over?

also: Maroney is now a 100% certified BUST.

Matthew Jones
09-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Looks like New England will be drastically revamping their running back corps after this season. I'm a bigger fan of Maroney than most Patriots fans are, and think he'll play well in Denver, but when you can get a 4th round pick for Maroney, you have to do it.

yourfavestoner
09-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Fred Taylor FTW.

Splat
09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
He had a pretty good rookie year, I really thought he was going to be a great player to tell you the truth.

P-L
09-14-2010, 06:19 PM
i said it in the broncos thread, but i think we just found about the only way possible to make our running game worse. i ******* hate you, josh mcdaniels and brian xanders.
I came into this thread just to see your reaction. I know how much you hate Maroney.

CC.SD
09-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Dude they should have thrown in Alphonso Smith instead of trading him earlier, I would have laughed more.

descendency
09-14-2010, 07:13 PM
He simply danced too much and got hurt too much, but there were flashes.

Good luck Denver with him.

Looks like New England will be drastically revamping their running back corps after this season. I'm a bigger fan of Maroney than most Patriots fans are, and think he'll play well in Denver, but when you can get a 4th round pick for Maroney, you have to do it.

Little known fact: There are no Patriots running backs signed past 2010. So that was coming regardless.

Sniper
09-14-2010, 07:13 PM
i said it in the broncos thread, but i think we just found about the only way possible to make our running game worse. i ******* hate you, josh mcdaniels and brian xanders.

Moreno and Maroney...just dreamy. :D You guys should draft Michael Shaw from Michigan in two years and complete your trifecta of running backs who take 20 minutes to hit the hole on a simple dive play.

BeerBaron
09-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Moreno and Maroney...just dreamy. :D You guys should draft Michael Shaw from Michigan in two years and complete your trifecta of running backs who take 20 minutes to hit the hole on a simple dive play.

Somehow work Tony Hunt into that and you might have the slowest backfield everzzzzz.

descendency
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Somehow work Tony Hunt into that and you might have the slowest backfield everzzzzz.

Trade for Toby Gerhart...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Trade for Toby Gerhart...

OH NO YOU DI-INTaa

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Tebow and Gerhart on the same team? The world would explode.

zachsaints52
09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Tebow and Gerhart on the same team? My heart would explode.

I fixed it base on personal likeing.

Brodeur
09-14-2010, 08:03 PM

I always knew you were Bill Simmons.

Brent
09-14-2010, 08:04 PM
so, how soon until he get hurt like all the other Bronco RBs?

boknows34
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Mark Ingram will be a Patriot next season with the 1st rd pick New England acquired in the Richard Seymour trade. A 4th for Maroney and a 6th is another good piece of business for the Patriots.

brat316
09-14-2010, 10:08 PM
For a team that passes so much why spend a first on a rb? They'll probably use a 2nd and/or 3rd for Rb.

They need to do something with the Oline with the first two picks in the first round.

LonghornsLegend
09-14-2010, 11:44 PM
For a team that passes so much why spend a first on a rb? They'll probably use a 2nd and/or 3rd for Rb.

They need to do something with the Oline with the first two picks in the first round.

I was always under the impression that they passed so much because they had no Rb to rely on. Brady is getting older, getting a RB like Ingram in the fold would be very beneficial to take some pressure off of the rest of the team. Then again with Moss leaving I still think they are gonna use that Oakland pick on one of the big 4 WR's to replace him.

Still never understood that Oakland trade for Seymour and still don't. They still suck, and as good as Seymour is what did he change last Sunday? Nothing. Their still gonna be picking right around that 10 pick area and it's robbery for NE who wasn't gonna re-sign him nor where they gonna win a SB with him before he left IMO.

Now they can add a very elite offensive player(but as I say that, they'll probably trade back with that 10th pick and turn it into a million 2nd rders in 2011 and 2012).

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Moreno doesnt even resemble the same player, I fell in love with on Georgia. He runs like a battered vet. It's sad.

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2010, 11:54 PM
him being garbage was one of my few right calls pre-draft. i thought he was terrible at georgia. i think he's worse now.

He was far from terrible at Georgia, but he's pretty bad now. SEC defenses feared him, the guy was damn near unstoppable and craved contact. He was electric in college. His lateral quickness was jaw dropping at times.

SenorGato
09-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Mark Ingram will be a Patriot next season with the 1st rd pick New England acquired in the Richard Seymour trade. A 4th for Maroney and a 6th is another good piece of business for the Patriots.

The 2012 Pats team is going to be ridiculous.

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2010, 12:26 AM
He was far from terrible at Georgia, but he's pretty bad now. SEC defenses feared him, the guy was damn near unstoppable and craved contact. He was electric in college. His lateral quickness was jaw dropping at times.

My scouting report of him coming out said he reminded me ALOT of Marion Barber. Seeking contact, same physical running style, not very fast, but in that same regards I never saw him being elite in any categories, just being very solid all around and not terrible at anything much like Barber. He could catch, block, run inside and out, but there was nothing about his game at all that made me think he was worth a pick that high at all.

I still see alot of Barber in him at times, but at Georgia for some reason that's the only comparison I could draw up.

georgiafan
09-15-2010, 07:21 AM
I didnt see the game but I thought Moreno looked good this week from the few clips i saw? I guess not

stephenson86
09-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I remember the draft and I thought the Bronco's would be a perfect fit because of their ZBS but that was with Shanny so I don't know how he will perform now.

Scotty D
09-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Sleeper -BenJarvus Green-Ellis

FlyingElvis
09-15-2010, 07:57 AM
I like the trade for NE. Getting anything for one of the guys in a crowded backfield is a good move.

I still think Maroney can be a good RB. Every time he showed promise he landed in BB's doghouse or on the injury list.

Don Vito
09-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Sleeper -BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Definitely. He doesn't have great speed, but he is a physical guy who knows how to run the ball. Fred Taylor said he could be a superstar when he gets his chance, and I have been wanting to see him get his shot since last season.

Diehard
09-15-2010, 01:29 PM
I didnt see the game but I thought Moreno looked good this week from the few clips i saw? I guess not

Actually he did pretty well considering the patchwork OL was having trouble opening up holes for him to run through. He's also not 100%, so I found his performance somewhat encouraging.

IMO, the main areas for him to improve are:
1. Know when to jump/spin, know when to put your head down and plow forward
2. Don't be too hasty - give the blocking a chance to develop

King Carls 5 Year Plan
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM

I think this is more about Buckhalter than Moreno. They have had terrible injury luck with RBs in the preseason and Buckhalter only got 2 carries on Sunday. I think it was for depth more than taking Morenos job.

Diehard
09-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I think this is more about Buckhalter than Moreno. They have had terrible injury luck with RBs in the preseason and Buckhalter only got 2 carries on Sunday. I think it was for depth more than taking Morenos job.

Buck had 6 carries for 15 yards and a fumble deep in Jacksonville territory which really hurt our chances to win.

Stats aside, I think you are dead on with your comments. Buck missed most of training camp, looked bad on Sunday and is very much another injury waiting to happen. Maroney is coming in to take over the #2 spot and get a shot at the goal line / short yardage role.

RealityCheck
09-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Loved Maroney as a prospect and in his first times as a Patriot. Well, good luck in Denver, Laurence.