Seattle @ Denver
St. Louis @ Oakland
Houston @ Washington
New England @ NY Jets
Jacksonville @ San Diego
NY Giants @ Indianapolis

Monday
New Orleans @ San Francisco

Tougher opponent for the Steelers, but I'm not worried about their offense. Yeah Chris Johnson can open up a game at anytime, but when they played last year, he did absolutely nothing outside of one 30 yard run. I'm worried about Dixon against the Titan defense. It'll be another low scoring affair, but I think the Steelers score on defense and do just enough on offense to win this one.

RufusMcDaniel
09-14-2010, 10:44 PM
We took you to overtime last year and the guys that killed us were Ben and Holmes. Plus, the home team always seem to have the advantage in Steelers-Titans game.

thenewfeature06
09-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Might cry if we lose to St.Louis but Hines you guys should win next week, we limited CJ to only 66 some yards on 23 attempts besides the ig 76 yard run...and the Steelers run defense is a bit better than ours.

TitanHope
09-14-2010, 10:56 PM
The Titans will win if only because the football gods won't allow me to lose another bet with HWjr.

AND WE HAVE A SET DATE IT WEARS OFF THIS TIME!!!

Hines
09-14-2010, 10:58 PM
The Titans will win if only because the football gods won't allow me to lose another bet with HWjr.

AND WE HAVE A SET DATE IT WEARS OFF THIS TIME!!!

I honestly do not remember our last avy bet hahaha.

09-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Dennis Dixon is gonna have to run for his ******* life. Derrick Morgan looked super quick out there last week, and Jason Jones is quietly becoming one of the premier penetrating interior tackles in the league. It was not ALL of our offensive line's fault last week; they got some freakishly talented players on that squad that have undeservedly gone unnoticed.

terribletowel39
09-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I remember that. It was the girl. He couldn't have the girl. But he still got this chic in underpanties with a Hines Ward jersey on as well.

Titans are not winning this game. Even though White, Bulluck, & Kearse are not on the team any longer, those guys still remember what you did to the towel. Plus, the teams hate each other.

They are basically the same team except yall are better at RB/QB/OL.

terribletowel39
09-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Dennis Dixon is gonna have to run for his ******* life. Derrick Morgan looked super quick out there last week, and Jason Jones is quietly becoming one of the premier penetrating interior tackles in the league. It was not ALL of our offensive line's fault last week; they got some freakishly talented players on that squad that have undeservedly gone unnoticed.

Derrick Morgan I am worried about, seeing as how we will have a new starter at LT. Jones, not so much. I have confidence Pouncey can handle him. And yes, I know Pouncey is just a rookie.

brat316
09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Steelers win cause of defense end of story.

jsagan77
09-14-2010, 11:15 PM
The Redskins are going to have another nail biter against the Texans. Our Schedule looks brutal this year.

TitanHope
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
I honestly do not remember our last avy bet hahaha.

I had to wear that ugly Steelers logo in my avy for 6 weks, SO YOU BEST START REMEMBERIN' HINES!!!

Although, I did get smart and change it to a hottie wearing a Hines Ward jersey after a while. That part of it wasn't so bad, and I think the rest of NFLDC were punished more by missing this:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7654/sophiabush1.gif

LonghornsLegend
09-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Might cry if we lose to St.Louis but Hines you guys should win next week, we limited CJ to only 66 some yards on 23 attempts besides the ig 76 yard run...and the Steelers run defense is a bit better than ours.

Lol, yea, besides that.

I hate when people say that about guys like Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Desean Jackson, etc. Their game is built on speed and big plays, you can't say "well if it wasn't for those three 70 yard TD's we played great!1!!1" when that stuff really happened.

Those guys consistently break off big plays, I don't get what that makes people feel like their defense did better by canceling out plays that actually happened.

I bet Chris Johnson would have had numerous average games if you took out all his long runs last year, but what's the point of doing that? The key is trying to contain him for an entire game.

09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Laugh if you want, but I could actually see the Raiders winning this game comfortably by 10+ points. I do, however, see the Rams neutralizing our run game, which was all we could really do well against the Titans.

Al Davis' heavy-man coverage schemes were built to shut down simple-read offenses like Bradford's this week. Sjax will get his yards, sure, though you'd have to believe stopping the run will be the main point of emphasis in Cable's gameplanning (as it seemingly is every week, except last week we actually showed some critical signs of improvement, aside from the one costly lapse on CJ's big TD run).

Their pass rush doesn't intimidate me one bit.

Hines
09-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Derrick Morgan I am worried about, seeing as how we will have a new starter at LT. Jones, not so much. I have confidence Pouncey can handle him. And yes, I know Pouncey is just a rookie.

Starks might play.

I had to wear that ugly Steelers logo in my avy for 6 weks, SO YOU BEST START REMEMBERIN' HINES!!!

Although, I did get smart and change it to a hottie wearing a Hines Ward jersey after a while. That part of it wasn't so bad, and I think the rest of NFLDC were punished more by missing this:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7654/sophiabush1.gif

OH YEAH!!! Now I remember.

scottyboy
09-14-2010, 11:29 PM
over/under a million yards for Ahmad Bradshaw this week?

also, I like the Titans this week. I really do

Paranoidmoonduck
09-14-2010, 11:29 PM
If Oakland can't handily defeat St. Louis, all hope is lost.

vidae
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
I like the Chiefs to go 2-0 against the Browns this week. If not, the worst we'll be is tied for first in the AFC West! Woo hoo!

09-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Lol, yea, besides that.

I hate when people say that about guys like Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Desean Jackson, etc. Their game is built on speed and big plays, you can't say "well if it wasn't for those three 70 yard TD's we played great!1!!1" when that stuff really happened.

Ironically, I just did that in my last post. I'm sorry. :)

I'm not trying to make our run defense smell like a pot of roses, because it has been bad and downright ugly at times this preseason, but I saw minor improvements in that first game that suggest that we could at least finish out of the bottom five in that department this year. Trust me, it's a huge step considering how its consistently been our achilles' heel on that side of the ball for the past decade.

CC.SD
09-14-2010, 11:54 PM
If Oakland can't handily defeat St. Louis, all hope is lost.

Bradford is coming for you!

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Cowboys should go no huddle against the Bears, so Romo could call the plays on the fly. Increases our chances for success substantially. Oh Garrett, you're back on the **** list. Will someone please take this guy off our hands?

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Do I want to go to the game and get crappy $50 seats or watch the game at home?

Decisions, decisions.

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Cowboys should go no huddle against the Bears, so Romo could call the plays on the fly. Increases our chances for success substantially. Oh Garrett, you're back on the **** list. Will someone please take this guy off our hands?

http://images.memegenerator.net/Genius-Garrett/ImageMacro/2593177/No-Huddle-Romo-better-call-a-screen.jpg

I'm a little worred that the Cowboys are going to use this as a revenge game to get their **** together after that debacle last week.

This game also features two of the leagues three most idiotic coaches. (Brad Childress being the third.)

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Honeslty...even though Peppers is right there. I'd expect a lot more shots down the field this week against you guys. Garrett's game plan last week was too cute and reliant on quick passes. I'd also love if Felix was featured this week. When the hell are we going to take the chains off of him? geez. I just feel like our offensive talent goes to waste with Garrett calling the plays. And Dallas has had one of the league's best offenses for the last few years, I just cant help but think how good they'd be, with a competent playcaller.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Bradford is coming for you!

Seriously, one of the few things Oakland has going for it is a good pass rush, a tall defensive line, and decent defensive backfield. If we can't fluster a rookie, we suck and Bradford is impressive.

Sad thing is, the odds of me being to watch a broadcast is slim to none.

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2010, 12:26 AM
I'll be watching some of that Raiders/Rams **** bowl. I actually like both teams...even though, I hate Campbell and wish they'd start BRUUUUCE.

I'm not loving any of the 4 O'Clock games, so why not?

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Honeslty...even though Peppers is right there. I'd expect a lot more shots down the field this week against you guys. Garrett's game plan last week was too cute and reliant on quick passes. I'd also love if Felix was featured this week. When the hell are we going to take the chains off of him? geez. I just feel like our offensive talent goes to waste with Garrett calling the plays. And Dallas has had one of the league's best offenses for the last few years, I just cant help but think how good they'd be, with a competent playcaller.

I'm more worried about our offense against your defense than the other way around. I know last week was against the Lions, but our defense looked like they did a few years ago swarming to the ball and actually getting after the passer. Plus our safety play was actually pretty mediocre. I haven't been able to say that for 2 years now.

But if the Lions can force us into 4 turnovers.....Ware and Spencer are going to break us.

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm more worried about our offense against your defense than the other way around. I know last week was against the Lions, but our defense looked like they did a few years ago swarming to the ball and actually getting after the passer. Plus our safety play was actually pretty mediocre. I haven't been able to say that for 2 years now.

But if the Lions can force us into 4 turnovers.....Ware and Spencer are going to break us.

haha. You'd think that, but Dallas has been awful at forcing turnovers. I sure as hell hope we get at least one. I mean, no offense, but there always seems to be at least one with Cutler out there.

I expect our defense to play another fantastic game. Once again, the biggest question for Dallas is the O-line. The defense doesnt worry me at all, despite their inability to get takeaways.

I wouldnt discount the Bears winning it...but it's probably more likely that Dallas returns to form. I have my fingers crossed.

MidwayMonster31
09-15-2010, 12:40 AM
haha. You'd think that, but Dallas has been awful at forcing turnovers. I sure as hell hope we get at least one. I mean, no offense, but there always seems to be at least one with Cutler out there.

I expect our defense to play another fantastic game. Once again, the biggest question for Dallas is the O-line. The defense doesnt worry me at all, despite their inability to get takeaways.

I wouldnt discount the Bears winning it...but it's probably more likely that Dallas returns to form. I have my fingers crossed.I expect both defenses to play well. The linebackers played a great game last week, and some of the Bears blitzes can cause the Cowboys problems. I also expect both offensive lines to their asses handed to them quite painfully. It wouldn't surprise me if we had a slop-fest of a close game with several turnovers deciding it.

V.I.P
09-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Does NFL.com still do weekly power rankings?

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Does NFL.com still do weekly power rankings?

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

Sportsfan486
09-15-2010, 01:15 AM
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

Packers are 1 or 2 in every single ranking I've seen despite losing their star RB? Somebody explain this to me, please.

*edit* I get that we were probably the second most impressive of the general top 5-6 teams.. but.. come on! Saints should be #1, Pats or Ravens #2, Pats or Ravens #3, then maybe you slip us in on the hope Jackson turns out okay and Rodgers is as good as everyone expects.

V.I.P
09-15-2010, 01:19 AM
We're (Bucs) the only team with a win that's in the bottom 5 .... SMH

SuperMcGee
09-15-2010, 02:14 AM
This week is going to be so brutal for us. Just don't let Ellison try to cover Finley, please.

Rosebud
09-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Some thoughts on the week:

Pittsburgh @ Tennessee...
Is going to be a brutal game. Without Ben and his tard luck I don't think the Steelers have enough clutchness or balls to beat out Vince "just wins games" Young and Chris Johnson, despite having Troy's beautiful locks in their huddle. Dixon is going to get beaten up by the titans who have one of the deepest 4-3 DLs in the league, but if the Steelers are going to win it's going to be because Troy scores in OT, so if I'm the Steelers I start trying out Troy's throwing arm and see if you can't get that mane under center.

Kansas City @ Cleveland...
Is also going to be brutal, not because it'll be a tough close game but because it'll be hard to watch if you're not into the whole train wreck thing and the stupid scores that are going to happen. I can really only hope that JC and Sexter get force fed the ball to lead the Chiefs to a climactic triumph...and yes that felt weird for me to, but dirty weird, so we're cool. *double thumbs up*

Chicago @ Dallas
You really have to think that Dallas will tee off on the Bears, but you know what, I think that re-vamped Bears DL will be able to get to Romo and Tony's a QB who you can throw off of his rhythm. If you just keep hitting him and Jason Garrett keeps calling the plays you'll throw Romo off of his game, Cutler on the otherhand is getting used to having diddley doo in front of him with not even a hope of a running game to occasionally take the ball out of his hands. I still think Dallas can make the playoffs and Chicago's destined for 6-8 wins, but for now Chicago's mostly healthy and playing kinda well where they don't suck *knock on wood* while Dallas is going full ******. Unfortunately for the rest of NFC East I think this might be Butterball's last season in Dallas, I just hope they pull a Redskins and sign a coach who's prestige has long since surpassed his competency.

Seattle @ Denver
Simply because I want to see the Rams win the NFC West at 6-10 I'm hoping the Broncos continue their tradition of starting well and can knock off the Seahawks.

St. Louis @ Oakland
Speaking of those Rams, I actually think they have a good chance to beat the raiders. That D is a lot better than I thought it'd be this year as they're actually getting somewhat of a push up the middle and have some edge talent. That OL just needs to start gelling and then the duo of Bradford and SJax will be able to do it!...and by it I mean suck just a little bit less than the other guy for another week.

Houston @ Washington
This should be a close game which means I think Houston is going to win because I doubt Kubiak and Schaub are able to out McNabb McNabb the way Jason Garrett and Dallas did.

NY Giants @ Indianapolis
Just for saying this we'll probably get annihilated but I actually feel good about this game. We'll put some bodies on Peyton and so long as we're mostly healthy we've got a very talented, deep and versatile secondary. Plus I think Eli will be able to torch the Colts D with Bob Sanders out already.

AntoinCD
09-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Im looking forward to the Pats Jets game. There may be a bit of a backlash after their terrible performance against Baltimore, but the Jets don't match up well against the Pats.

They struggle to defend the middle of the field so Im expecting a big day from either Welker, Edelman or one of the TEs.

The Jets will try and establish the running game with Greene and LT. I expect to see the Patriots load up against the run and force Sanchez to throw.

Despite giving up catches in the second half, both Patriots starting CBs played very well against Cincinnati who have better WRs than the Jets.

BlindSite
09-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Can't wait for the Tampa Carolina game, they're always entertaining.

Werowance
09-15-2010, 03:33 AM
After watching the Eagles struggle with Green Bay I will find the imminent thrashing of a Matt Stafford-less Lions highly entertaining. For those interested, it doesn't look like Kolb will be playing this week because he has yet to pass the first concussion test (there are like 5 steps and only 1 per day) so Mike Vick fans, REJOICE! I would put my self in the "Stick with Kolb" category but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't excited to see Vick start for the first time in 4 years.

Gay Ork Wang
09-15-2010, 03:57 AM
i just really hope Alex Barron starts. He couldnt block Laron Landry 1v1

Splat
09-15-2010, 07:53 AM
If the Chiefs play D like they did on MNF and "The" Jamaal gets the ball more then 11 times Chiefs should beat the Browns.

wonderbredd24
09-15-2010, 07:57 AM
The Browns just need to stop being so charitable with the football...

Splat
09-15-2010, 07:59 AM
What is the word on Jake Delhomme is he playing or to early to tell?

wonderbredd24
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
What is the word on Jake Delhomme is he playing or to early to tell?
He had an MRI yesterday and he's currently sporting a walking boot, but the team hasn't commented about his playing status yet.

TitanHope
09-15-2010, 08:42 AM

JJ has played in two games against ya'll, and in both of them he was fantastic.

6 Total Tackles, 2 Asst. Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, and 1 Pass Defensed in those two games combined.

Pouncey is hella talented, and he'll end up being a great player. But this is gonna be a tough game for him. And lets not forget Tony Brown either, and the Titans' DL stunts get even the most experienced of Centers.

It's gonna be a good game, no matter what. It's the 3rd year in a row these two old AFC Central foes have played. I'm more concerned about our safety play than anything. That was the killer last year against ya'll. Santonio Holmes got deep too many times. So no Big Ben or Santonio is a relief, but then you have Dixon's running ability and Mike Wallace's big play potential. Michael Griffin, who had a big drop off from his '08 year, seemed to be back to his old self. He's key in this game, as is Polamalu for the Steelers.

And of course, in a game like this turnovers are the key. VY's never played the Steelers' defense before, and Dixon is inexperienced and will be on the road. Which ever protects the ball more will give their team a huge advantage.

Hopefully William Hayes, one of the Titans' starting DE's, will be healthy for this game. He missed the Oakland and it probably weakened our pass-rush. He's the Titans' most athletic DE.

Chucky
09-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Can't wait for the Bucs-Panthers game.

Is Moore gonna play? Or will we be seeing the debut of Jimmy Clausen?

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Can't believe more people aren't talking about the game of the week. Packers-Bills, baby.

Fat_Actor
09-15-2010, 09:30 AM
We whipped Jake Delhomme's ass now we are going whip his ex-team's ass.

thenewfeature06
09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Lol, yea, besides that.

Those guys consistently break off big plays, I don't get what that makes people feel like their defense did better by canceling out plays that actually happened.

I bet Chris Johnson would have had numerous average games if you took out all his long runs last year, but what's the point of doing that? The key is trying to contain him for an entire game.

Lol, keep hating sir..

All it was was improvement, yeah he had 120 some yards but it could have been worst. He had 24 carries for 66 yards I think, besides that 1 play.. understand where I am coming from before ranting on something as obvious as this.

Gay Ork Wang
09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Lol, keep hating sir..

All it was was improvement, yeah he had 120 some yards but it could have been worst. He had 24 carries for 66 yards I think, besides that 1 play.. understand where I am coming from before ranting on something as obvious as this.
he is defending CJ not hating...

bigbluedefense
09-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I think the Colts are a lock to beat the Giants bc I simply cannot envision Peyton Manning starting out the season 0-2.

It just can't happen. It's like against the rules or something.

Scotty D
09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I think the Colts are a lock to beat the Giants bc I simply cannot envision Peyton Manning starting out the season 0-2.

You have to like Tuck and Kiwi going against that Colts line. How is McNeil not a Colt? Bill Polian is an arrogant dick. If I'm the Colts I'd offer a second, first, whatever.

thenewfeature06
09-15-2010, 09:56 AM
he is defending CJ not hating...

Ah there was a tad of hate on our run d.. and like 619 said it looked like it made some significant steps

And we all know CJ is a speed back who makes one cut up field and is pretty much gone.. I wasn't hating on CJ just felt the run defense played better than the numbers showed for.

bigbluedefense
09-15-2010, 10:04 AM
You have to like Tuck and Kiwi going against that Colts line. How is McNeil not a Colt? Bill Polian is an arrogant dick. If I'm the Colts I'd offer a second, first, whatever.

I do. In fact I like our defense as a whole going against them, but I don't know, I just can't imagine them going 0-2. Has that happened since Peyton's rookie year?

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 10:14 AM

I see Jacobs and Bradshaw pushing their **** in, Eli showing up Peyton in the warm little dome, and the defensive line getting constant pressure on Indy's craptastic o-line. Colts are not good this year.

Biggest thing for you guys is to stay with the running game and not let Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back on every play, because your tackles will get killed.

bigbluedefense
09-15-2010, 10:18 AM
I see Jacobs and Bradshaw pushing their **** in, Eli showing up Peyton in the warm little dome, and the defensive line getting constant pressure on Indy's craptastic o-line. Colts are not good this year.

Biggest thing for you guys is to stay with the running game and not let Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back on every play, because your tackles will get killed.

That's the thing. Our oline sucks. It can't run block at all anymore. And our FB looks washed up and we rely on our FB a lot in our running schemes.

I'm hoping Shawn Andrews starts sooner than later so we can fuse some of his muscle into our run game. But right now its pretty bad.

And as you stated, if we have to pass a lot, which I'm guessing we will, our OTs are going to get abused. They can't handle speed rushers at all.

I hope we pound em with Jacobs. I don't think they can handle his size.

Scotty D
09-15-2010, 10:20 AM

Let Jacobs get 10-12 carries and then bring in Bradshaw, won't be fair.

Bengals78
09-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I like the Bengal's chances better this week.
We wont give up free yards on defense with penalties, which I think would be huge in limiting the Ravens O.

I expect a lot of no huddle early on.

bigbluedefense
09-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Let Jacobs get 10-12 carries and then bring in Bradshaw, won't be fair.

It only will work though if our run blocking wakes up. It was abysmal vs the Panthers. I believe we had like 4 rushing yards in the 1st half, and its not like we didn't try to run. We tried pounding the rock the 1st half and only had 4 yards.

It was pathetic.

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2010, 10:37 AM

I mentioned that in the Colts forum. Seems like it'd be a perfect fit and it's not like they don't need him. Still they'll probably take a skill position player with two of their first picks next draft.

AntoinCD
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
I like Freeney and Mathis against the Giants line as well and I think Peyton does way better getting rid of the ball than Eli. This game will come down to how well the Giants can run the ball I think.

Jakey
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Who has the best "fantasy" stat line this week? ala Arian Foster in week 1?

The Unseen
09-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Jaguars are the biggest dogs I hear in their game Sunday against the Chargers. And rightfully so - they got murdered last year when they went to the West Coast (Seattle), the Chargers are a pissed off and very talented team that ran into a buzzsaw in Kansas City, and the Jaguars still need to prove they have improved on pass defense.

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Jaguars are the biggest dogs I hear in their game Sunday against the Chargers. And rightfully so - they got murdered last year when they went to the West Coast (Seattle), the Chargers are a pissed off and very talented team that ran into a buzzsaw in Kansas City, and the Jaguars still need to prove they have improved on pass defense.

Yeah, the Jags are absolutely terrible on the west coast. That's why I don't know if I want to pay money to go watch them lose.

SuperMcGee
09-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Bigger dogs than the Bills at Packers?

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Who has the best "fantasy" stat line this week? ala Arian Foster in week 1?
Aaron Rodgers vs. Buffalo without Ryan Grant.

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Bigger dogs than the Bills at Packers?
Not even close. Even Vegas has it as a 6 point difference. +13.5 for Buffalo and +7.5 for Jacksonville.

TitanHope
09-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Ah there was a tad of hate on our run d.. and like 619 said it looked like it made some significant steps

And we all know CJ is a speed back who makes one cut up field and is pretty much gone.. I wasn't hating on CJ just felt the run defense played better than the numbers showed for.

I missed most of the game, but if the Raiders limited CJ to just one big run, then I'd say that's impressive. I know that's lame, and it contradicts the logic of what kind of RB CJ is and the fact that they still didn't contain him all game, but guys...CJ's just that good.

Being a Titans fans, that sounds like I'm a homer. But I'm not. CJ set records last year with his long runs, and he had multiple ones per game on many occassions. CJ's gonna get his sooner or later. It just depends on how many times he gets his. I'd say limiting him to one is a success because that means for all those other carries, they were able to keep CJ in front of them. Not an easy thing to do considering his speed, the Titans' OL, having to account for VY's running ability, and then covering WR's and TE's to boot.

But, I will say that focusing on containing CJ bit the Raiders in the ass. Guess who was the NFL highest rated passer from WK 1? Vince Young. So it kind of gets into the situation that you have a RB that will break off a game-changing run and how you defend that. I'll go back to the Titans/Texans game at LP Coliseum last year (Technically, it's LP Field now. But it used to be called just The Coliseum, which sounded bad ass. So I calls it the LP Coliseum!!!). CJ was breaking off big run after big run, but the Texans came back and matched CJ point for point. So I don't think it's as much about preventing CJ's big runs but responding with points of your own when he does get his yards.

That's the beauty of CJ. He's going to change the game at one point or another. You just have to be able to do so yourself and be able to rebound when he does go off. The teams that beat the Titans last year were able to do that (thanks to a injury riddled secondary), like Houston, Indy, New England, San Diego, etc., so you could say defending CJ relies as much on your offense as it does your defense.

But yeah, if I remember high school statistics (which I probably don't), there are outliers in given sets of stats. Most of the numbers can be very close to one another, but then you'll have one or two that are really high and one or two that are really slow. I think you can manipulate the statistics so you can remove those outliers to remove the extremes. So if Raiders fans want to use that method to break down how their defense did, I say go right ahead. As long as they take out his lowest run as well! :D

NY+Giants=NYG
09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
That's the thing. Our oline sucks. It can't run block at all anymore. And our FB looks washed up and we rely on our FB a lot in our running schemes.

I'm hoping Shawn Andrews starts sooner than later so we can fuse some of his muscle into our run game. But right now its pretty bad.

And as you stated, if we have to pass a lot, which I'm guessing we will, our OTs are going to get abused. They can't handle speed rushers at all.

If we have issues handling their DEs then we run our draw. Get Freeny to over pursue, and knock him out of the play. He is a specialist after all, it's not like he is a complete DE or anything. I am not worried about their defense. It's god on the otherwise QBing them, I fear. If our special teams gets better, and our defense takes another step, I'd be very confident going into this game. But if God wants to win, and wills it, then he will pass for 29831923 yards and have 3 TDs, and will them to victory.

Rosebud
09-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Yeah, we match up really well with the colts but like you I just can't see Peyton going to 0-2, but if anyone was going to get Peyton to 0-2 it's going to be little brother.

BeerBaron
09-15-2010, 11:56 AM

My fantasy team hopes you pound them with Jacobs.

Let him just batter away for the first half...he's almost as big as any of the undersized Colts defenders himself...

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
09-15-2010, 12:24 PM

- Other than at offensive line, this is probably the best and deepest team the Colts have ever fielded. Iíll extremely interested to see how this year turns out for them

One of these things is not like the other

umphrey
09-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I wanted to bet on the Packers this week but it's a 14 point spread...with that Buffalo might be a good choice. With a few exceptions, the Packers like to let bad teams stick around and make it close at the end when they had no chance of winning.

That's what happened in the Eagles game except they actually did have a chance of winning because we let them stick around and then Vick ran circles around us because we were unprepared.

Shiver
09-15-2010, 12:27 PM
This is the deepest Colts team at WR only. They are paper thin everywhere else. The defense is suspect, the running game is the worst in the league and the O-Line is atrocious. If they make the playoffs then we will be looking at yet another Peyton Manning MVP.

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 12:34 PM
One of these things is not like the other

The second one was made during training camp, and I said "probably."

The first was made after watching Houston clobber them up and down the field.

09-15-2010, 12:35 PM
We whipped Jake Delhomme's ass now we are going whip his ex-team's ass.

I expect the Panthers' defensive line to rebound with a better performance this week. They might be the most unheralded group in the league, with Brown, Hardy and Johnson each adept to double-digit sack totals.

It's gonna be extremely difficult to pass on their pass D (top five last season) when you factor in their improved pass rush - hard to believe without Peppers, I know - thanks to an extra year of experience and familiarity under Ron Meeks' system. If the Giants' vaunted rushing attack couldn't get the job done last week, then I don't see your inferior backs doing much different.

terribletowel39
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
JJ has played in two games against ya'll, and in both of them he was fantastic.

6 Total Tackles, 2 Asst. Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, and 1 Pass Defensed in those two games combined.

Pouncey is hella talented, and he'll end up being a great player. But this is gonna be a tough game for him. And lets not forget Tony Brown either, and the Titans' DL stunts get even the most experienced of Centers.

I realize he has been fantastic against us. Probably the best defender both times we have played each other the last 2 years, but that was with Hartwig at C. I can not explain how much of a difference a competent Center has made to the O-Line. The Falcons have them some good pass rushing DTs and the pressure was coming from outside and outside only. He did a damn good job his first time being in the starting line up during preseason when we played Denver and he pretty much blocked Jamal Williams for the most part.

It's gonna be a good game, no matter what. It's the 3rd year in a row these two old AFC Central foes have played. I'm more concerned about our safety play than anything. That was the killer last year against ya'll. Santonio Holmes got deep too many times. So no Big Ben or Santonio is a relief, but then you have Dixon's running ability and Mike Wallace's big play potential. Michael Griffin, who had a big drop off from his '08 year, seemed to be back to his old self. He's key in this game, as is Polamalu for the Steelers.

From what I saw of the Oakland game, Griffin was running around quite well, yes. I've like him his entire career. Polamalu is always a big part of why we win. I know it has only been one game but the way our D played last week has me super excited. Back to 08' form??

And of course, in a game like this turnovers are the key. VY's never played the Steelers' defense before, and Dixon is inexperienced and will be on the road. Which ever protects the ball more will give their team a huge advantage.

Hopefully William Hayes, one of the Titans' starting DE's, will be healthy for this game. He missed the Oakland and it probably weakened our pass-rush. He's the Titans' most athletic DE.

I just hope if Starks isn't back playing that BA will provide some help blocking whoever is over there with Spaeth or Miller. And I hope Woodley and Harrison start gaining more counts towards their projected sack totals, I know they both said they were going to get over 15. They both got one last week.

I could be wrong about Pouncey but I haven't been this excited about a center since Dawson left.

P-L
09-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Lol, yea, besides that.

I understand your thinking, but what the Raiders did was still impressive. It's not like Chris Johnson ripped off four 50-yard touchdowns. I think most teams would concede seven points to the Titans if it meant they were going to hold Chris Johnson to 2.75 yards per carry and 0 TD for the rest of the game.

Rosebud
09-15-2010, 12:47 PM
I expect the Panthers' defensive line to rebound with a better performance this week. They might be the most unheralded group in the league, with Brown, Hardy and Johnson each adept to double-digit sack totals.

It's gonna be extremely difficult to pass on their pass D (top five last season) when you factor in their improved pass rush - hard to believe without Peppers, I know - thanks to an extra year of experience and familiarity under Ron Meeks' system. If the Giants' vaunted rushing attack couldn't get the job done last week, then I don't see your inferior backs doing much different.

I like the Panthers DL, but I'll take the Titans as the league's best no-name DL. As for the giants' running attack, Jacobs isn't the runner he once was and the OL has gotten vastly worse, we're much more of a passing team now-a-days in large part because Eli does fine without great protection while the running game is easy to stifle if the blockers aren't opening up good holes.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
09-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I understand your thinking, but what the Raiders did was still impressive. It's not like Chris Johnson ripped off four 50-yard touchdowns. I think most teams would concede seven points to the Titans if it meant they were going to hold Chris Johnson to 2.75 yards per carry and 0 TD for the rest of the game.

I see what your saying, but unfortunately for the Raiders, they don't do game statistics on the curve. They all count, from the long runs to the short ones. Chris Johnson had 27 carries (not 26) 142 yds (not 66) and an avg of 5.3 (not 2.5). Chris Johnson's, like Barry Sanders, whole game is based on the big play and when it happens, it still counts. Sure, the Raiders did really good on the other carries, but they had a breakdown on that one carry and they have to live with the consequences. This isn't little league coach pitch where everyone gets a trophy. The Raiders lost and did a poor job stopping CJ, even if all of it came on one play.

Shiver
09-15-2010, 01:07 PM
No one stops Chris Johnson, period. He is going to get his with how fast he is and how good their run blocking is.

Splat
09-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Foster, Smith, McCluster named AFC players of the week (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/15/foster-smith-mccluster-named-afc-players-of-the-week/)

Forte, Wilson, Crosby named NFC players of the week (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/15/forte-wilson-crosby-named-nfc-players-of-the-week/)

Paranoidmoonduck
09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
No one stops Chris Johnson, period. He is going to get his with how fast he is and how good their run blocking is.

Yeah, this. Oakland probably played the best run defense game that I've witnessed in years from them, and Johnson still got 120+. He's Barry Sanders all over again. You can keep a lid on him for a while, but you won't for a whole game.

Bengals78
09-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah, this. Oakland probably played the best run defense game that I've witnessed in years from them, and Johnson still got 120+. He's Barry Sanders all over again. You can keep a lid on him for a while, but you won't for a whole game.

Viking fans dont read:

Unless Childress was his HC then he would just forget about giving him the ball and air it out with VY

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Foster, Smith, McCluster named AFC players of the week (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/15/foster-smith-mccluster-named-afc-players-of-the-week/)

Forte, Wilson, Crosby named NFC players of the week (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/15/forte-wilson-crosby-named-nfc-players-of-the-week/)
Mason Crosby over Clay Matthews? Okkkkkk.

09-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Adrian Wilson was the NFC defensive player of the week. How could you debate that? 2 INTs, 1 sack and a blocked FG!

vidae
09-15-2010, 05:59 PM

It's offense -> defense -> special teams.

Mr.Regular
09-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Adrian Wilson was the NFC defensive player of the week. How could you debate that? 2 INTs, 1 sack and a blocked FG!
Clay wreaked havoc all day on that Eagles line. He was unstoppable. Now I know most people only look at the stats, but Clay did have 3 sacks and a forced fumble. Thats pretty damn impressive too.

Giantsfan1080
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Pumped for Sunday night. Manning vs. Manning and a much better idea of how good or bad of a team we might be this year.

Saints-Tigers
09-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Eh, not maybe in the sense that a lot of his yards come on one big play sometimes, but Johnson is far more reliant on his blocking creating a gap for his speed than Barry was.

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Didn't know it was Offense, Defense, Special Teams. I would still give it to Clay. I would put 100 bucks that an unbiased fan would find Clay Matthews more impressive on a play to play basis rather than the stat line.

Is that me being a homer or can anyone else agree with that?

RealityCheck
09-15-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm gonna be a homer and say we beat the Jets by 2 TDs.

Chucky
09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Didn't know it was Offense, Defense, Special Teams. I would still give it to Clay. I would put 100 bucks that an unbiased fan would find Clay Matthews more impressive on a play to play basis rather than the stat line.

Is that me being a homer or can anyone else agree with that?

You probably just didn't see any of what Adrian Wilson did. I was switching between both games and I will say A-Dub looked better(not to take anything away from Clay)

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 06:16 PM
You probably just didn't see any of what Adrian Wilson did. I was switching between both games and I will say A-Dub looked better(not to take anything away from Clay)
I was very consumed in the Eagles - Packers game but when there were breaks in the game (no pun on the Grant and Weaver injuries) I flipped over to the Cardinals - Rams game. I saw Adrian Wilson doing what Adrian Wilson, only saw one of his picks, but it didn't come off as a dominating performance, from what I saw to be fair. I mean, it could have been more impressive but it's hard to imagine a bigger of an impact on a game that Matthews' last week. I guess I am being a homer.

Jvig43
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm gonna be a homer and say we beat the Jets by 2 TDs.

So 14-0? I can see that.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Eh, not maybe in the sense that a lot of his yards come on one big play sometimes, but Johnson is far more reliant on his blocking creating a gap for his speed than Barry was.

Right, I wasn't insinuating that he was as good (obviously Tennessee has a great offensive line), but the statistical breakdown is similar in regards to the relatively small number of plays that make up a large portion of their production.

09-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I saw CJ push the pile for three or four yards on a number of occasions this week. I mean, he's not consistently being stopped behind the LOS like Barry would do from time to time either.

RealityCheck
09-15-2010, 07:18 PM
So 14-0? I can see that.
Nah, I was thinking something like 17-3 or 21-9.

hockey619
09-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Sanchez didnt look as bad as everyone is claiming. Definitely not good and couldve definitely been better, but they gave him 14 passes before the fourth quarter. Not exactly screaming confidence. Still he was bad but not as bad as the media is making him and Rex sound. Greene on the other hand, he needs to get his crap together.

AND WHO JUST MENTIONED BARRY IN A COMPARISON TO CJ??? BLASPHEMY!!! NOTHING IN EXISTENCE IS LIKE THAT MAN, THAT MYTH, THAT MACHINE, THE GREAT BARRY DAVID SANDERS. I miss him =(

Saints-Tigers
09-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh, also, one big run doesn't make something a big running game.

Think about the Cardinals Vs. Saints in the playoffs, it looked like a decent running game given the attempts, because Hightower broke a 70 yard run on the first play.

It's just more effective to have a bunch of 8-15 yard runs as opposed to nothing and then one huge one late in the game, it helps you establish rhythm and use play action better throughout the entire game, not just rip off that one huge one.

Is Chris Johnson any less valuable if he his team drives down the field then he has a 15 yard TD run? I don't really think so. Those big runs aren't as valuable as the psychological impact that a team has worrying that the big run might come, lol.

Like someone else said, if I could bottle up Johnson for the entire game and cheat to the passing game, and then he breaks off one huge one, I think I can probably live with that. It's when he's getting 15-20 yards and keeping drives alive all night that kills you.

fenikz
09-15-2010, 07:38 PM
We're (Bucs) the only team with a win that's in the bottom 5 .... SMH

Zona is too

and yes Wilson was better than Matthews

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I just saw that Adrian Wilson's second interception was on the hail mary to end the game. :eyeroll: If Matthews were to pick off the Kolb pass thrown right at him, this conversation would be different but I guess.

Clay Matthews - 7 Tackles, 3 sacks, 1 PDef, 1 FF
Adrian Wilson - 2 Tackles, 2 INT, 4 PDef

Meh.

DoughBoy
09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Here's the latest Chris Johnson stat of note: With his 76-yard touchdown run against Oakland, Johnson has now posted eight touchdown runs of 50 yards or more in 32 games played.

The next fastest to get to that total: Lenny Moore (71 games) and Jim Brown (77).

In a conference call with Nashville media on Wednesday, Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin said it is impossible not to be impressed with Johnson: "He has a strong argument for being the best player in the world right now.''

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/09/15/another-crazy-stat-for-chris-johnson/

Holy **** he just blew that record out of the water.

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2010, 10:55 PM
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/09/15/another-crazy-stat-for-chris-johnson/

Jesus. That's pretty ******* ridiculous.

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 10:56 PM

My god.......

Scotty D
09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
http://twitter.com/hacksaw1090/status/24619589294

John Czarnecki-Fox...with Hacksaw...Vikings are to offer high pick if VJ wins grievance on Thurs ..Thinks StL will renter talks too.

prock
09-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Best player in the world? Gotta be the best running back first ;)

DoughBoy
09-15-2010, 11:14 PM

http://www.argentinepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/tommy-lee1.jpg

TitanHope
09-16-2010, 12:00 AM
I could be wrong about Pouncey but I haven't been this excited about a center since Dawson left.

I gotcha man, and trust me, I know what you're saying about Hartwig. Dude had a stint with the Titans as well... *gag*

CashmoneyDrew
09-16-2010, 12:01 AM

What's it like to be stuck in 2008?

RufusMcDaniel
09-16-2010, 12:04 AM

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/563/2mx2vcw.gif

Paranoidmoonduck
09-16-2010, 12:09 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m249/paranoidmoonduck/307p7bb-1.gif

BeerBaron
09-16-2010, 12:09 AM
If I was starting a team from scratch and could have Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson to put on it......

Damn, that's a tough one. I'm going to be thinking about this all night now. Dammit.

TitanHope
09-16-2010, 12:11 AM
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt126/Gandolfandiari/Shaking_head.gifhttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt126/Gandolfandiari/Shaking_head.gifhttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt126/Gandolfandiari/Shaking_head.gif
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt126/Gandolfandiari/Shaking_head.gifhttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt126/Gandolfandiari/Shaking_head.gifhttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt126/Gandolfandiari/Shaking_head.gif

Scotty D
09-16-2010, 12:12 AM
http://imgur.com/77c1W.gif

holt_bruce81
09-16-2010, 12:12 AM
I really like what I saw from the Rams in week 1, Sam Bradford is going to be beast when he gets experience, the only first round Quarterback that was drafted in the last few years that could end up better than Bradford is Matt Ryan who is a stud in Atlanta.

Rams win that game last sunday if they don't make bone headed mistakes. Fumble at the one, dropping two interceptions, dropping a touchdown pass, missing a blocking assignment on a FG attempt....

I think they could win 6 games this season, which may not seem like a lot, but when you've lost 43 of your last 49 games......There would be a celebration in St. Louis.

Rams need to give Steven the rock 28-32 times this week, Raiders have had problems stopping the run for a few years now.

LonghornsLegend
09-16-2010, 12:19 AM
If I was starting a team from scratch and could have Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson to put on it......

Damn, that's a tough one. I'm going to be thinking about this all night now. Dammit.

I would wager that Adrian Peterson will rush for 2k yards in his career once before he hits that wall, but overall he's just not as dynamic of a rusher as Chris Johnson is. He's even became a monster in the goal line situations now.

Chris Johnson has a very great line and scheme, but if he were on a team with an elite thrower like Brees, with weapons all over the place at WR, he'd probably rush for over 1500 yards a season multiple times. I'm not gonna act like that line doesn't make alot of what he does possible, but it's not like the Titans are a passing team, when you play them you know what their going to do, and it never matters.

RufusMcDaniel
09-16-2010, 12:25 AM

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7945/1232903709samuelljackso.gif

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Passing game opening up the running game is an overstated thing. Bringing a safety up to stop the run is a double edged sword, because when he's deep defending the pass, all those big runs are less likely.

Saints are a prime example, our running game is helped by clearing up space in the short area, but we don't get a lot of huge runs because their are always multiple DBs deep that slow, trip up, or stop it from going 80, etc.

I think you saw it with Peterson this year, teams were more honest and I think that hurt his big play ability, because when that safety is in the box and he misses, it's all over.

TitanHope
09-16-2010, 12:31 AM

Now gather 'round children and lets play, "What's going on in Tony Dungy's mind?"

Feel free to shake, shiver, and shudder as often as you like!

Bengals78
09-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Now gather 'round children and lets play, "What's going on in Tony Dungy's mind?"

Feel free to shake, shiver, and shudder as often as you like!

"Have fun with this **** Jim"

Caddy
09-16-2010, 02:54 AM
I really like what I saw from the Rams in week 1, Sam Bradford is going to be beast when he gets experience, the only first round Quarterback that was drafted in the last few years that could end up better than Bradford is Matt Ryan who is a stud in Atlanta.

Rams win that game last sunday if they don't make bone headed mistakes. Fumble at the one, dropping two interceptions, dropping a touchdown pass, missing a blocking assignment on a FG attempt....

I think they could win 6 games this season, which may not seem like a lot, but when you've lost 43 of your last 49 games......There would be a celebration in St. Louis.

Rams need to give Steven the rock 28-32 times this week, Raiders have had problems stopping the run for a few years now.

You can make an easy case for Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman and Mark Sanchez that they could all end up better than Bradford.

Rosebud
09-16-2010, 02:58 AM
You can make an easy case for Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman and Mark Sanchez that they could all end up better than Bradford.

*shrug* with Bradford's accuracy if he survives the next few years and becomes the QB he can be it'd be really hard. He has Brees and Peyton caliber accuracy.

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Bradford doesn't have Brees or Manning accuracy past 10 yards.

soybean
09-16-2010, 03:17 AM

REALLY now...? are our standards that low?

Caddy
09-16-2010, 03:20 AM
*shrug* with Bradford's accuracy if he survives the next few years and becomes the QB he can be it'd be really hard. He has Brees and Peyton caliber accuracy.

I really don't see how Bradford has Manning/Brees like accuracy. I would be shocked if he became that kind of player.

fenikz
09-16-2010, 03:26 AM
I really cant see any of Flacco, Freeman, or Sanchez being on Bradford's level in 2 years

TACKLE
09-16-2010, 03:38 AM
I really cant see any of Flacco, Freeman, or Sanchez being on Bradford's level in 2 years

Neither can I.

Rosebud
09-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Bradford doesn't have Brees or Manning accuracy past 10 yards.

Maybe not but he still has incredible accuracy for such a young QB which could end up Brees or Peyton like in 2 or 3 years.

I really don't see how Bradford has Manning/Brees like accuracy. I would be shocked if he became that kind of player.

His accuracy's incredible for such a young player and is much better than either Peyton or Brees' was as a rookie.

wicket
09-16-2010, 03:55 AM

Flacco I can see easily, Freeman is a reach but possisble, I dont see the sanchise being on bradfords level.

That being said, Bradford performance thusfar is a huge positive suprise to me

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Bradford definitely isn't more accurate than Peyton as a rookie, and his arm wasn't close.

A lot of players were more accurate than Brees was as a rookie.

But how many of them can do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

Brees' development as a passer isn't the norm.

Auron
09-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Bradford definitely isn't more accurate than Peyton as a rookie, and his arm wasn't close.

A lot of players were more accurate than Brees was as a rookie.

But how many of them can do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

Brees' development as a passer isn't the norm.

That's in part because he re-learned his throwing mechanics from the ground up while rehabbing from the shoulder injury. Tightened up his release, and made the motion more compact. I just got done reading his book and he pretty much had to learn how to throw all over again.

Caddy
09-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Flacco I can see easily, Freeman is a reach but possisble, I dont see the sanchise being on bradfords level.

That being said, Bradford performance thusfar is a huge positive suprise to me

I agree with this. Flacco has a ton of potential as does Freeman (although he he was always a risk/reward type player). Sanchise I think is just a game manager and Bradford will be the better player.

If Bradford lasts the whole season he definitely deserves a re-evaluation.

Shane P. Hallam
09-16-2010, 07:20 AM
I agree with this. Flacco has a ton of potential as does Freeman (although he he was always a risk/reward type player). Sanchise I think is just a game manager and Bradford will be the better player.

No doubt, if he keeps his play to this level, I'll gladly start to eat some crow. We'll see if he holds up and how he stacks up down the line.

stephenson86
09-16-2010, 07:22 AM
He is a very lucky boy to have SJ in the backfield, lot of young QB's who have been ruined from day 1 would of loved to have SJ in the backfield.

killxswitch
09-16-2010, 07:31 AM
I am terrified of what the Giants pass rushers are going to do to the Manning and the Colts OL.

Addict
09-16-2010, 07:50 AM

on the other hand if Bradfords' stats continue on this pace he won't look that good, even if forgiving that one hail mary-pick, he's 1/2 in TD/INT.

tjsunstein
09-16-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't see Mark Sanchez being much of anything in two years or two years after that.

21ST
09-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't see Mark Sanchez being much of anything in two years or two years after that.

I think you can add matt ryan to that list also

Razor
09-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I am terrified of what the Giants pass rushers are going to do to the Manning and the Colts OL.

I think Manning is going to be killed against those pass rushers: Tuck, Osi, JPP and Clint Sintim can all get to the QB, and against that OL they're going to have a field day. However, Manning is one of the better Qbs at getting rid of the ball quickly so he'll likely bail out his OL as he's done so many times before.

Me neither. I was one of those who liked Sanchez better than Stafford, so as a Patriot fan it was quite a kick in the nuts to see the Jets picking him. But last season, on Hard Knocks and against the Ravens he hasn't shown that winner mentality that's required from a franchise QB. Instead he's a whiny little on the field when opposing teams aren't letting them win. I can't wait for sunday, hopefully the Jets will suck again..

Giantsfan1080
09-16-2010, 08:52 AM
You forgot Kiwi.

Razor
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
You forgot Kiwi.

I guess I did. More bad news for Manning! :) Not that I'm complaining though..

Halsey
09-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Tom Brady is a wiener. Did anyone hear the sound bite of him scolding Patriots fans for leaving early on Sunday. He said it was half the fans, but I imagine that was quite an exaggeration. Also, his hair is lame. Love the player, but the person could use a good punch in the nose.

Splat
09-16-2010, 09:32 AM

The only difference between Sanchez and Leinart is Sanchez starts.

bigbluedefense
09-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Peyton Manning had over 400 yards passing with that porous oline last week.

I think he'll be fine.

Hines
09-16-2010, 09:36 AM
If the Steelers "upset" the Titans, will people stop sleeping on them?

AHungryWalrus
09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Sanchez looked absolutely awful last week, but come on. He's only in his second year, after only spending a year in college. He's going to take time to develop regardless. Granted, if he has turned into a checkdown only QB, he's done, but 41/68 for 539 yds and 4td's to 2 INTS in the playoffs as a rookie shows that he does have talent there.

Not by any means saying Sanchez is a good quarterback now. But people taking one game and taking it to mean more than the entire playoffs is sort of ridiculous. The kid is still only 23.

The only sad thing is, Jets aren't built to win 2 years from now, they are built to win NOW. At least our O-Line will still be solid in 2-3 years barring career ending injury.

bigbluedefense
09-16-2010, 09:45 AM
If the Steelers "upset" the Titans, will people stop sleeping on them?

both teams are slept on. but until i see how they fare once Ben comes back, I'm still going to be a little skeptical.

killxswitch
09-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Peyton Manning had over 400 yards passing with that porous oline last week.

I think he'll be fine.

One stat doesn't tell the story at all bbd. He got hit a lot. On one play he didn't get up for a bit and Colts nation nearly had a collective heart attack.

bigbluedefense
09-16-2010, 09:54 AM
One stat doesn't tell the story at all bbd. He got hit a lot. On one play he didn't get up for a bit and Colts nation nearly had a collective heart attack.

Hmmm. I admit I didn't see the game. I just can't imagine Peyton Manning going 0-2 to start the season though. It just doesn't happen.

I can see them perhaps leaving more guys in to block this week. They'll make their adjustments.

AntoinCD
09-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Hmmm. I admit I didn't see the game. I just can't imagine Peyton Manning going 0-2 to start the season though. It just doesn't happen.

I can see them perhaps leaving more guys in to block this week. They'll make their adjustments.

Yeah Ive been hearing some Colts fans saying they should be playing more 2 TE sets and leaving the rookie Eldridge into block more

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
09-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah Ive been hearing some Colts fans saying they should be playing more 2 TE sets and leaving the rookie Eldridge into block more

I just don't see that happening, they are to stubborn. Against the texans Eldridge was brought in for one play then they just stuck with 3 wide sets.

zachsaints52
09-16-2010, 11:05 AM
He is a very lucky boy to have SJ in the backfield, lot of young QB's who have been ruined from day 1 would of loved to have SJ in the backfield.

and Mike Karney! :) He had two rushing yards!

Todd Bertuzzi
09-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Vick getting the start!

killxswitch
09-16-2010, 01:03 PM

As anoincd says I think they will have to adjust and do more max protect. Otherwise Manning will not last 6 games. Eldridge is a surprisingly good pass catcher but he is absolutely a blocking TE first. Hell he played some OL in college.

The truth is Eldridge and Addai might be the two best blockers the team has right now. It amazes me how a LB will just blow past or through one of our crappy guards, yet 218 lb. Joseph Addai picks them up.

LizardState
09-16-2010, 01:45 PM

Dallas will run about 67 bubble screens & draws to slow down Peppers. The Dallas OL can't, end of story.

Except when it's 1st down b/c a Garrett-run offense always comes out throwing to the TE or Miles Austin 11-12 yds downfield -- it's one of the laws of physics. And they say the offense isn't predictable, hah! :--/ Maybe they just don't trust Romo to hand it off effectively.

But if no Colombo in the lineup, don't count out a big spiritual elation win for Chicago. Even a bonehead like Lovie Smith will find a way to put Peppers on Barron if he sees him out there. And there's the last minute FG Factor -- Dallas' kicker is Buehler & can't make a FG from the 20 if his career depended on it (& it does!)

scottyboy
09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
titans signed Jack Corcoran, Hines. you have no shot at winning.

vidae
09-16-2010, 02:37 PM
The only way the Chiefs are ever going to make the playoffs is if we finally sign a Rutgers player. I keep emailing Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli but they never respond.

scottyboy
09-16-2010, 02:41 PM
yea vidae, get on that. you guys should probably sign and start Mike Teel.

datchapin
09-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Yup, I feel victory coming for the Texans this weekend.

Oh, and GO STEELERS!!!!

vidae
09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
yea vidae, get on that. you guys should probably sign and start Mike Teel.

We would, but we at least want other teams to have a chance at winning games scotty!

Bengals78
09-16-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.bengals.com/assets/clubimages/articles/2009/leonard090903_440.jpg

and dont forget it

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Updates-Ravens-game-a-sellout-Leonard-feels-ready/d55d160a-f0af-4d76-944d-c799824d5755

Razor
09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I just noticed that Dallas is going to play the Bears on sunday. Cutler is going get killed...

yourfavestoner
09-16-2010, 05:23 PM
I just noticed that Dallas is going to play the Bears on sunday. Cutler is going get killed...

Romo is, too. I'd expect to see Peppers lining up all over the place.

BeerBaron
09-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Lovie vs. Garrett.....a matchup of two legendary caliber coaching geniuses my friends.

holt_bruce81
09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
on the other hand if Bradfords' stats continue on this pace he won't look that good, even if forgiving that one hail mary-pick, he's 1/2 in TD/INT.

If his stats continue like this Bradford would crush Manning's passing yards record, Interception record, completion record, attempts record......

Here's the question........Will Bradford break Peyton's Touchdown record?

tjsunstein
09-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Is it Sunday yet?

SuperMcGee
09-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Is it Sunday yet?

Is it Monday yet? :(

CC.SD
09-16-2010, 07:39 PM

Sunday would be better

lowlife
09-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Hoping Little Jimmy C starts. Talib can haz intz

tjsunstein
09-16-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry it had to be this way. Don't take it personally, I've always liked you but Sunday needs to be here.

tjsunstein
09-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Finley vs. Whitner

Jermichael Finley: 6-foot-5, 247 pounds
Donte Whitner: 5-foot-10, 208 pounds

Nikolas
09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
So with Delhomme out this week, does that make it better or worse for the Browns?

vidae
09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Better. I wanted the Chiefs to play the Browns with Delhomme at QB. Seneca Wallace has talent.

Werowance
09-16-2010, 10:19 PM
If his stats continue like this Bradford would crush Manning's passing yards record, Interception record, completion record, attempts record......

Here's the question........Will Bradford break Peyton's Touchdown record?

Lol, really? Don't you think you're jumping the gun a little bit? You have a one game sample size, I think you need to put down the kool aid. I'm all for saying Bradford will do well but lets hold off on saying he is going to better than the GOAT Peyton Manning.

BeerBaron
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Lol, really? Don't you think you're jumping the gun a little bit? You have a one game sample size, I think you need to put down the kool aid. I'm all for saying Bradford will do well but lets hold off on saying he is going to better than the GOAT Peyton Manning.

For what it's worth I'd still choose Joe Montana or Dan Marino in their prime over Manning. Especially Marino.

So with Delhomme out this week, does that make it better or worse for the Browns?

I'll go with better too. Also probably means we'll see more wildcat and Cribbs being worked in...the Browns rode that late last year to a few victories.

yourfavestoner
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM

I'm happy I'm medicated right now. I won't completely hijack this thread.

Bengals78
09-16-2010, 10:51 PM

do it do it do it do it do it

BeerBaron
09-16-2010, 10:52 PM

I haven't been properly medicated since April....I'll take on all comers in your place.

tjsunstein
09-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Peyton Manning as GOAT? Lol.

09-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Peyton Manning as GOAT? Lol.

As great as Peyton is, that still makes me lol.

CC.SD
09-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Peyton The Goat=lawlz

Scotty D
09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
http://imgur.com/rUFQo.png

killxswitch
09-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Guys let's not turn this into a Manning/GOAT QBs thread. I am a Colts homer and I am not sure Manning is or isn't the GOAT, his career's not done yet, blah blah blah. Let's keep it on Week 2 football.

Clay Matthews started the season with 3 sacks against the Eagles, who I thought had a decent OL. Maybe not? Next up is Buffalo so I have no reason to think he won't have six sacks by Sunday afternoon. Who is going to challenge him this year?

XxXdragonXxX
09-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Lawyer Milloy and Brian Dawkins will both be making their 200th career starts on Sunday for the Seahawks vs Broncos.

yourfavestoner
09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Lawyer Milloy and Brian Dawkins will both be making their 200th career starts on Sunday for the Seahawks vs Broncos.

Ha, I remember having a poster saying the "The Law Firm" with Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy when I was a kid.

Crazy how long some of these guys play for.

Splat
09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Gunther Cunningham: Kyle Vanden Bosch is the best I've seen (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/17/gunther-cunningham-kyle-vanden-bosch-is-the-best-ive-seen/)

*cough* Derrick Thomas *cough*.

tjsunstein
09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Clay Matthews started the season with 3 sacks against the Eagles, who I thought had a decent OL. Maybe not? Next up is Buffalo so I have no reason to think he won't have six sacks by Sunday afternoon. Who is going to challenge him this year?
He's special. After seeing the Eagles game, I have no reason to believe he won't be defensive player of the year.

Babylon
09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
http://imgur.com/rUFQo.png

I got a kick out of Gunther's comment the KVB was the best player he's ever coached, there must be some hidden meaning there.

Noticed Rex Ryan making the boys drop and give him 10 (pushups). They're getting off easy. The platoon leaders i was around would always go with 50.

General Zod
09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
He's special. After seeing the Eagles game, I have no reason to believe he won't be defensive player of the year.

For just one game, I can agree with this. Whats the deal with AJ Hawk? Did he even play last sunday? Is he really struggling that badly?

LonghornsLegend
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM

Yep, Clay deserves his props, dude is a beast and he's totally legit. You don't want to jump all over a player after 1 season but he came out and tore it up week 1, I don't know that I'm ready to confidently say he's the better pass rusher then Orakpo out of that class, or the more complete LB out of Cushing until the end of the season though.

All steroids aside, Cushing was a monster too and all over the damn place. I want to see more from all 3 really, but Mathews could very well lead the NFL in sacks and that'll go a long way to solidifying himself up there as one of the top pass rushers in the league.

Also, KVB was a monster on Sunday. Sucks that he's up there in age and won't be around when the Lions get really good, but they definately need another guy like him soon. He's gonna make the transition for Suh easier with a guy like him on the line.

Funny how he's such an amazing FA pick-up, but Aaron Kampman doesn't look healthy at all and might be a FA bust. I had both in the same class of 4-3 ends in FA.

killxswitch
09-17-2010, 12:22 PM
KVB looks really good when he's healthy and has a top 5 DT lining up next to him.

A Perfect Score
09-17-2010, 12:32 PM
It makes me feel good knowing I liked Mathews better then Cushing coming out. Not taking anything away from Cushing because he beasted in his rookie year, but I loved Mathews as a prospect. Even drafted him for the Ravens in a Forum Mock that year too. He was a man possessed against the Eagles last week.

yourfavestoner
09-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Yep, Clay deserves his props, dude is a beast and he's totally legit. You don't want to jump all over a player after 1 season but he came out and tore it up week 1, I don't know that I'm ready to confidently say he's the better pass rusher then Orakpo out of that class, or the more complete LB out of Cushing until the end of the season though.

All steroids aside, Cushing was a monster too and all over the damn place. I want to see more from all 3 really, but Mathews could very well lead the NFL in sacks and that'll go a long way to solidifying himself up there as one of the top pass rushers in the league.

Also, KVB was a monster on Sunday. Sucks that he's up there in age and won't be around when the Lions get really good, but they definately need another guy like him soon. He's gonna make the transition for Suh easier with a guy like him on the line.

Funny how he's such an amazing FA pick-up, but Aaron Kampman doesn't look healthy at all and might be a FA bust. I had both in the same class of 4-3 ends in FA.

Huh? Kampan had 1.5 sacks in his debut.

molenguinurtle
09-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Huh? Kampan had 1.5 sacks in his debut.

Yeah, came in here to post this. Kampman pretty much dominated last Sunday.

CC.SD
09-17-2010, 12:58 PM
It makes me feel good knowing I liked Mathews better then Cushing coming out. Not taking anything away from Cushing because he beasted in his rookie year, but I loved Mathews as a prospect. Even drafted him for the Ravens in a Forum Mock that year too. He was a man possessed against the Eagles last week.

wooo go larry english go he almost got a hurry on Monday

tjsunstein
09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
For just one game, I can agree with this. Whats the deal with AJ Hawk? Did he even play last sunday? Is he really struggling that badly?
AJ Hawk is in on base formations primarily and rarely did the Eagles give us the oppurtunity to come out in the 3-4 with their 3 WR sets and so on. He really isn't a 3 down LB, not for us anyway.

yourfavestoner
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
AJ Hawk is in on base formations primarily and rarely did the Eagles give us the oppurtunity to come out in the 3-4 with their 3 WR sets and so on. He really isn't a 3 down LB, not for us anyway.

Still think he shoulda been a 4-3 MLB all along.

Smooth Criminal
09-17-2010, 01:35 PM
The move to the 3-4 definitely hurt Hawk. You can't get picked that early and not be an everydown player.

Babylon
09-17-2010, 02:09 PM
The move to the 3-4 definitely hurt Hawk. You can't get picked that early and not be an everydown player.

Or be able to get to the QB.

Not sure why they dont move Hawk, i dont know what his contract is but my guess is they're paying him too much for what they're getting out of him.

P-L
09-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Or be able to get to the QB.

Not sure why they dont move Hawk, i dont know what his contract is but my guess is they're paying him too much for what they're getting out of him.
$4.1 million in base salary this year and $10 million in base salary next year. He's not going anywhere.

BeerBaron
09-17-2010, 03:09 PM
$4.1 million in base salary this year and $10 million in base salary next year. He's not going anywhere.

He will be next year. $10 million for a player who doesn't fit their scheme and barely plays some weeks? Yeah.....he's going to be cut since I doubt anyone will trade for him at that price either.

Some 4-3 team is going to get a quality, impact player I feel. I think it'll be like when the Saints got Vilma after he fell off the face of the earth stuck in a 3-4 and due to injuries.

tjsunstein
09-17-2010, 03:24 PM
AJ Hawk can be a very good starter but not here. The 3-4 doesn't fit him.

prock
09-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Revis saying his hammy is tight is just a built-in planned excuse for when Moss destroys him this weekend for calling him a slouch?

Bengalsrz
09-18-2010, 10:45 AM
No, because I really don't think Moss is going to have even a decent game against Revis. Dude is super glue.

I hope I'm wrong though, because I actually really like Moss, and don't like the fact that Revis called out two of the all-time great receivers (T.O and Randy) as slouches.

Razor
09-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Revis saying his hammy is tight is just a built-in planned excuse for when Moss destroys him this weekend for calling him a slouch?
Haha yeah, that was the first thing I thought of when I read that. I think he knows calling out Moss was a bad idea, especially since Revis did have help over the top when playing against Moss last year.

No, because I really don't think Moss is going to have even a decent game against Revis. Dude is super glue.

I hope I'm wrong though, because I actually really like Moss, and don't like the fact that Revis called out two of the all-time great receivers (T.O and Randy) as slouches.

Personally, I think that Brady and Moss will try and kill Revis tomorrow. Just like the did when the Steeler safety whose name I can't remember atm guaranteed victory against the Pats in '07.

Splat
09-18-2010, 10:56 AM
If they are smart they would just leave Revis alone and go after Cromartie, I look for Welker to have another big day.

Bengalsrz
09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
If they are smart they would just leave Revis alone and go after Cromartie, I look for Welker to have another big day.

Bingo.

Linebackers can't cover Welker.

Cromartie/Wilson can't cover Welker.

I'd be shocked if he didn't break 100 yards tomorrow.

P-L
09-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I think Revis might be a little rusty. There was definitely a reason why he covered Derrick Mason most of the game last week instead of Anquan Boldin.

Bengalsrz
09-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Pretty sure Revis was set to play one side the whole game, and it didn't actually have anything to do with Boldin.

Not sure why though, maybe because they weren't sure where he was at physically after missing a whole training camp. It looks like he's going back to just taking one receiver (Moss) after effectively locking down his side of the field last week.

BeerBaron
09-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I think Revis might be a little rusty. There was definitely a reason why he covered Derrick Mason most of the game last week instead of Anquan Boldin.

He did completely shut down Mason though...

A lot of teams will put their best corner 1v1 with the other teams #2 WR to completely shut him down while they double the other team's #1. Maybe that's just what they were doing, only minus the double team due to Rex's hubris.

A Perfect Score
09-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Revis stayed on one side of the field for the majority of the game. The reason Boldin was so successful was because he was moved around regularly, and worked alot out of the slot. The Ravens picked on Cromartie and Kyle Wilson alot, but I didnt see any signs of rust from Revis. In fact, Derrick Mason looked great and almost torched Cromartie a few times on some double moves, but Revis played excellent besides the holding call early in the game.

Splat
09-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Todd won't even let "The" Jamaal have the ball on the sidelines.

http://i51.tinypic.com/e99sbd.jpg

yourfavestoner
09-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Jason Whitlock wrote that Haley won't play him that much because he's a douche and doesn't like the Herm Edwards/Carl Peterson players.

BeerBaron
09-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Jason Whitlock wrote that Haley won't play him that much because he's a douche and doesn't like the Herm Edwards/Carl Peterson players.

Typical Parcells coaching tree attitude.

Splat
09-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Jason Whitlock is douche.

I think it has more to do with fumbles, and with the rain it was even more of a risk.

That said JC not starting is a joke.

Ho0k Em'
09-18-2010, 03:16 PM

It might be my own wierd theory, but I think that Haley knows that this team is still a ways away from really contending. I think he know's Jamaal is a smaller back and he doesn't shy away from contact, and he's trying not to take too many miles off Jamaal for the future when this team is really in contention. idk, I'm probably just trying to find something positive out of the stupidity of Charles not starting.

BeerBaron
09-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Pats signed Danny Woodhead. Probably to irk the Jets a little bit....maybe steal some info....

A Perfect Score
09-18-2010, 03:58 PM
I really like Danny Woodhead. Seems like a guy who will fight to succeed. He could be the new Wes Welker! Ok maybe not, but still.

BeerBaron
09-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I really like Danny Woodhead. Seems like a guy who will fight to succeed. He could be the new Wes Welker! Ok maybe not, but still.

I'm thinking maybe they see if he can be an eventual Kevin Faulk 3rd down back type of guy. He's seems to be about half WR and half RB....who knows.

Saints-Tigers
09-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I like how every time a good CB emerges, every catch the other team gets has built in excuses, and they NEVER make mistakes.

If Moss goes off, it'll be the hamstring, or that it was Revis' assignment to let Moss go deep or something.

NEver seen anyone get protected by excuses like CBs do, lol.

BeerBaron
09-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I like how every time a good CB emerges, every catch the other team gets has built in excuses, and they NEVER make mistakes.

If Moss goes off, it'll be the hamstring, or that it was Revis' assignment to let Moss go deep or something.

NEver seen anyone get protected by excuses like CBs do, lol.

The reverse is also true when the corner isn't very good.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you of one Mr. Jason David for example.

Saints-Tigers
09-18-2010, 06:53 PM
The reverse is also true when the corner isn't very good.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you of one Mr. Jason David for example.

Jason David was terrible and got worked dude. It wasn't all his fault because he was a zone corner being asked to go one on one with everyone he covered, with no safety help, but man was he bad at that, haha.

We really can't play a CB here in this scheme that can't cover a man one on one for significant periods, and Jason David was always peaking in the backfield and wanting to face the QB.

But I dunno, every play was ending with David being the guy responsible for covering.

BeerBaron
09-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Jason David was terrible and got worked dude. It wasn't all his fault because he was a zone corner being asked to go one on one with everyone he covered, with no safety help, but man was he bad at that, haha.

We really can't play a CB here in this scheme that can't cover a man one on one for significant periods, and Jason David was always peaking in the backfield and wanting to face the QB.

But I dunno, every play was ending with David being the guy responsible for covering.

Well that's exactly what I meant when I said it was the opposite of what you're saying about good corners never being to blame. If they get burned, then obviously the receiver made a good play or the QB threw the ball to the perfect spot or he didn't have the safety help he was supposed to or something....but then when the corner is bad, it's ALWAYS his fault.

Jason David really did just plain suck though.

PoopSandwich
09-18-2010, 07:02 PM

******* BS i have him in fantasy and he's a beast... I honestly think he has top 5 back potential if he gets the PT.

Sniper
09-18-2010, 07:22 PM

Jason Whitlock? He probably said that Haley wouldn't play him because Charles is black.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Haley hates Charles

Garrett hates Felix

Mangenius hates Harrison

Bright group, right there.

GB12
09-18-2010, 07:36 PM

He will be next year. $10 million for a player who doesn't fit their scheme and barely plays some weeks? Yeah.....he's going to be cut since I doubt anyone will trade for him at that price either.

Some 4-3 team is going to get a quality, impact player I feel. I think it'll be like when the Saints got Vilma after he fell off the face of the earth stuck in a 3-4 and due to injuries.

AJ Hawk can be a very good starter but not here. The 3-4 doesn't fit him.

The move from the 4-3 to a 3-4 barely affected Hawk. He's the exact same player, with maybe even the ever so slightest of improvement.

PoopSandwich
09-18-2010, 08:17 PM
browns 15-1 super bowl... thoughts?

ps diet coke tastes better with admiral nelson.... :)

CJSchneider
09-18-2010, 08:36 PM

My thoughts are that you have had too much Admiral Nelson if you think the Browns will go 15-1.

Addict
09-18-2010, 08:39 PM

how's life in your parallel universe? Also how are the lions doing?

Brodeur
09-18-2010, 08:40 PM
how's life in your parallel universe? Also how are the lions doing?

It's Earth 2 not a parallel universe, get it right.

Addict
09-18-2010, 08:43 PM
It's Earth 2 not a parallel universe, get it right.

As long as my Earth 2 counterpart has a shot at making sweet sweet love to Natalie Portman it's all good.

NOLAFan
09-18-2010, 11:38 PM
As long as my Earth 2 counterpart has a shot at making sweet sweet love to Natalie Portman it's all good.

man must be a long line for Natalie Portman on this Earth 2.

Smooth Criminal
09-19-2010, 08:04 AM
My bets with the spread for the week are

Chicago +7.5 @ Dallas
New England -3 @ NYJ
Chiefs +3 @ Cleveland
NYG +6 @ Indy

lowlife
09-19-2010, 09:32 AM
No start for Jimmy C :(

I wanted to see the NFLDC boy heartthrob look like a fool.

nepg
09-19-2010, 09:48 AM
My bets with the spread for the week are

Chicago +7.5 @ Dallas
New England -3 @ NYJ
Chiefs +3 @ Cleveland
NYG +6 @ Indy

I think the KC spread is crazy considering how together the Chiefs looked against a good team compared to the Browns looking like brown stuff against a brown stuff team in Tampa.

nepg
09-19-2010, 09:50 AM

Sailor Jerry ftw.

ElectricEye
09-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Can't wait till 4.

Giantsfan1080
09-19-2010, 10:08 AM
You guys are both right. Diet Coke is better with Spiced Rum and Sailor Jerry is better than Admiral Nelson.

Bengals78
09-19-2010, 10:10 AM
You guys are both right. Diet Coke is better with Spiced Rum and Sailor Jerry is better than Admiral Nelson.

most things are better than admiral

A Perfect Score
09-19-2010, 10:32 AM
But then Captain Morgan's is better then them all. Its weird how all the rums of the world are Captains and Sailors and Admirals.

BTW, in the mornings, try spiced rum and some pineapple juice. Alot easier to stomach then diet coke in the mornings.

nepg
09-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Captain Morgan's is gross compated to Sailor Jerry's. Your ruined the string of correct statements.

A Perfect Score
09-19-2010, 10:40 AM
The Captain is delicious. You bite your tongue.

Jakey
09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
The Captain gets me so ****** up everytime! Awesome stuff.

Giantsfan1080
09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
I love Captain but Sailor is better. It's also a slightly higher alcohol percentage so that's always a plus. The reason they have all names that are similar is because they were ripping Captain off as it was the most popular spiced rum.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Why the hell are they playing Denver vs Seattle over New England vs Jets

Smooth Criminal
09-19-2010, 10:54 AM
The real Admiral Nelson is so much more badass then the real Captain Morgan. Shame they named such a ****** rum after him.

Notredameleo
09-19-2010, 11:02 AM
My weekend has been ****** enough, so the Lions will win. Write it down.

wicket
09-19-2010, 11:03 AM
My weekend has been ****** enough, so the Lions will win. Write it down.

are you also still in full rage-mode?

nepg
09-19-2010, 11:04 AM
The Captain is delicious. You bite your tongue.

That's what she said.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
09-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Will moss get lost on revis island?