PDA

View Full Version : Hot List (9/15)

Shane P. Hallam
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Latest Edition of the Prospect Hot List!

Prospect Hot List - September 15, 2010
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

Don Vito
09-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Love the Jonathan Cornell mention, he has been a very solid LB for us for 3 years. Isn't huge at about 6-1 230, but is athletic and very instinctive. He has been a leader for our defense for a while, and is a model of consistency. He will make some plays too, he is probably our best defender not on our DL. He does make quite a few plays in the backfield, he will just need to bulk up come the post-season workout circuit.

princefielder28
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Good to see the Sherrod love...I was hopeful to see Mario Harvey make the list but nice job Shane!

JHL6719
09-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Ironically, Pat White was great at showing up in all the big games too... even the Senior Bowl.

Derek Sherrod is a stud... much better than Carimi IMO.

princefielder28
09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Ironically, Pat White was great at showing up in all the big games too... even the Senior Bowl.

Derek Sherrod is a stud... much better than Carimi IMO.

I don't think I'd say he's much better than Carimi but an argument can certainly be made that he's better than Gabe. I think Sherrod, at least in my opinion, has a chance to make a run at the #1 OT spot.

Don Vito
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't know, I don't watch too much of State but I guess I just have that 2008 Egg Bowl still ingrained in my head where Sherrod gave up 4 sacks. I have heard good things about him and I may take some time to watch him whenever State is on. Right now I just won't believe he is better than Castonzo or Carimi, but it is hazy after those two so I guess any tackle could really make a run at the first round right now.

JHL6719
09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't know, I don't watch too much of State but I guess I just have that 2008 Egg Bowl still ingrained in my head where Sherrod gave up 4 sacks. I have heard good things about him and I may take some time to watch him whenever State is on. Right now I just won't believe he is better than Castonzo or Carimi, but it is hazy after those two so I guess any tackle could really make a run at the first round right now.

I know what you mean.... I can't get the vision of Castonzo being a turnstile at RT Matt Ryan's senior season and almost getting him killed versus Virginia Tech. Chris Ellis made Castonzo his ***** all night..

Not to mention, Castonzo was raped all game against Robert Quinn last year...

I actually like Castonzo and think he's come a long way.... but Sherrod is playing lights out so far this year.

Carimi has never really impressed me to tell you guys the truth. Sherrod just looks like the better player to me in every aspect.

I would take Sherrod over Carimi in an instant... I like Sherrod and Castonzo both better than Carimi.

draftguru151
09-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Sherrod was much more impressive against Auburn than any game I've seen Carimi play. Great punch and a nasty guy.

Don Vito
09-15-2010, 12:51 PM
I know what you mean.... I can't get the vision of Castonzo being a turnstile at RT Matt Ryan's senior season and almost getting him killed versus Virginia Tech. Chris Ellis made Castonzo his ***** all night..

Not to mention, Castonzo was raped all game against Robert Quinn last year...

I actually like Castonzo and think he's come a long way.... but Sherrod is playing lights out so far this year.

Carimi has never really impressed me to tell you guys the truth. Sherrod just looks like the better player to me in every aspect.

I would take Sherrod over Carimi in an instant... I like Sherrod and Castonzo both better than Carimi.

Castonzo was a true freshman, I remember Ellis having a great game but a lot of that was on Cherilus. I don't think Quinn raped Castonzo either. But I will be keeping an eye out for Sherrod now, point taken.

Shane P. Hallam
09-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Love the Jonathan Cornell mention, he has been a very solid LB for us for 3 years. Isn't huge at about 6-1 230, but is athletic and very instinctive. He has been a leader for our defense for a while, and is a model of consistency. He will make some plays too, he is probably our best defender not on our DL. He does make quite a few plays in the backfield, he will just need to bulk up come the post-season workout circuit.

He intrigues me. Won't be a high pick, but I like the way he plays.

And Sherrod impressed me this year so far. Had his moments last year too. If this is a sign of improvement, you have to like that from a guy his senior year.

MidwayMonster31
09-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Big fan of Sherrod. He shows nastiness and quickness to be a left tackle, so he should be able to be a good starter.
For Ponder, Oklahoma's got a good defense, but it seems that Ponder had trouble extending the play. Even though Ponder is solid in a lot of areas, he doesn't really stand out in any of them.

Aloysius
09-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Sherrod's the kind of quality offensive tackle that ends up sneaking into the mid/late 1st round. He won't wow anyone with his raw strength or athleticism, but he's a good technician who gets the job done.

Carimi's more of a mauler, but I think Sherrod's a better overall OL. It's great that Shane gave him some love; very few people are taking note of his quality play.

villagewarrior
09-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I think Sherrod looked extremely aggressive and strong, looked more like a right tackle than a left to me, but I don't think I've seen enough of his athleticism to make a call.

Shane P. Hallam
09-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Also really enjoying the play of Shiloh Keo. Very underrated, someone for everyone to watch for the next few weeks.

bwillie26
09-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Was figuring Dejon Gomes would get some love for his early season play.

Had a 10 tackle, 1 INT (returned for TD) performance last week against Idaho. Already the 2nd leading tackler for Nebraska.

It's a shame he plays alongside Amukamara and Crick on this defense which tends to get him overlooked. Gomes is a VERY good CB prospect to watch out for.