PDA

View Full Version : Dejon Gomes and Eric Hagg

dannyz
09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
What do you guys think about these two as NFL Draft Prospects? Gomes 6-0 190 Hagg 6-2 205 Not trying to be a homer but whenever you watch a Nebraska Games these two guys are all over the field making plays.

Ozzy
09-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I as well as many others have been fully aware of Gomes and Haggs skills since last season. Both are very versatile safeties that can move around, cover and step up in the box and defend. Both are very solid players and both have a great shot at being drafted and given a chance at the next level. What is there not to like about that kind of versatility...

mpt117
09-20-2010, 08:46 PM
i feel like both of these players are underrated and Gomes should be moved onto the rankings list atleast. like dannyz said, they are all over the field making plays.

Gomes is the player i like better. as stated before, he is very versatile. he can play corner, nickel, safety and i think hes played a little linebacker in their scheme at nebraska. he is also a playmaker and ballhawk, i found an article before their game vs washington and it stated Gomes had a hand in 9 turnovers in the past 12 games. hes got a nose for the ball and should be rising in the ranks, imo.

Hagg is also good. he is versatile playing linebacker and safety, although he will be a safety in the nfl i think. he is all over the field making plays and seems like a solid tackler.

Day One Pick
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I think they will both be in NFL camps next year under different circumstances, but both will have uphill battles to make a roster. I see Hagg getting drafted, but late (6th-7th round). Gomes is a very versatile and valuble player for the Huskers and overall is a very good college player. But, I don't think he's a highly rated prospect because he's not a refined player at any certain position. He could be a tremendous special teams player though.

mpt117
09-21-2010, 01:33 AM
I think they will both be in NFL camps next year under different circumstances, but both will have uphill battles to make a roster. I see Hagg getting drafted, but late (6th-7th round). Gomes is a very versatile and valuble player for the Huskers and overall is a very good college player. But, I don't think he's a highly rated prospect because he's not a refined player at any certain position. He could be a tremendous special teams player though.

your right, Gomes isnt a highly rated prospect. i just said to atleast put him on the rankings. i could see his ceiling being 5th round and the low being undrafted, but you cant ignore his versatility and ball skills. he could play corner or safety, he is 5'11"-6'0" 190-200 lbs. he had success at corner last year and is so far had success at safety this season. i guess we will just have to wait to see how he plays for the rest of the year. i think he could be a potential sleeper for some team.

Ozzy
09-21-2010, 07:26 AM
I agree, a lot of people will sleep on these guys as prospects, but Gomes especially, that ability to tackle and corner and play a slot corner or a free safety, a lot of teams will be interested in him because of that.

You list the top 10 to 12 free safety prospects these guys are both on that list. There is not like a entire line of better free safety senior prospects out there.