PDA

View Full Version : Vai Taua, RB/FB, Nevada

Caulibflower
09-18-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm watching them play California right now, and Taua just showed a serious burst getting past the entire California defense for a 52 yard TD run. I saw how fast he was running and thought "Is that that big guy I saw running earlier?" and it was. He's 220 pounds and he's been productive. NFL starter?

Duffman57
09-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Its gonna be hard for him coming out of the pistol, but i really think that he's got the size/speed #'s to make it in the NFL, he may not be a starter, but he could definately be a nice complimentary piece.

niel89
09-18-2010, 06:25 AM
He is a guy that will definitely get a look at the next level. He has a low pad level and hits the hole hard.

Scott Wright
09-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Taua is a potential late rounder but as Duffman57 mentioned "The Pistol" pads his stats.

Caulibflower
09-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Jonathan Dwyer came to mind as I watched him, and I don't think Dwyer would've dropped so far if it hadn't been for his painfully slow times at the combine and pretty average-looking build. It kinda seemed like people were ready to give him the benefit of the doubt, system-wise, all the way up until the "pre-draft" process began. Dwyer was a big name around here for a while- if Taua keeps up the production and runs a 4.50 or so, could be be drafted higher than Jonathan Dwyer?

Caulibflower
09-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Kinda interesting- I was just googling Taua, trying to find a 100m time for him (if he has one) and found this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416433-college-footballs-28-best-home-run-hitters-for-2010#page/28

So there's that, for whatever it's worth. Interesting to see all the names this guy has him ranked above; I'd started clicking through them back at 28, and by the time I actually got to him I'd been wondering if the search engine had given me a result based on text in a message board or something.