PDA

View Full Version : Greg Olsen

pantherfreak
03-19-2007, 07:40 AM
At the NFL combine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIb99s3gM_Y)

tomspanthers
03-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I would LOVE if we drafted Olsen!!!!!

Fosfolipido
04-19-2007, 12:52 PM
I would like a TE-Receiver, Olsen is a great option, but....

Do you think Fox will spend first round for a TE????

I hope it, but i donīt believe :-(

JustJoe2k5
04-19-2007, 02:47 PM
VERY nice signature picture Fosfolipido.

If we were ever to take a tight end in the first round, this year would be it.

Just look at our new offensive coodinators' resume:

Davidson also assisted the tight ends in 2004, and helped the tight ends become a key ingredient in the Patriots offensive system with nine pass plays of 20 yards or more. Daniel Graham tied for the team lead with seven touchdowns and linebacker Mike Vrabel and backup tight end Christian Fauria added two touchdowns each to give the tights ends a collective 11 touchdowns on the season.

Davidson originally joined the Patriots as the tight ends coach in 1997, a season in which tight end Ben Coates led the team with 66 receptions. From 1998-2001, Davidson accepted the responsibilities as an assistant offensive line coach, returning his focus to a position he played professionally for four seasons.

Greg Olsen has the talent to be an instant contributor, which is what we desperately need at the position. LaRon Landry is the only player I would want to see picked at #14 ahead of Greg Olsen. I'm 99% sure Landry won't be available at our pick, so I'm 99% sure Olsen will be a Panther after draft day.

Fosfolipido
04-20-2007, 10:27 AM
VERY nice signature picture Fosfolipido.

Thankx mate :-D

Is Landry better than Meriweather?

Safety is a big choose too, Minter is very old and Shaun Williams is very bad xD

Vikes99ej
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Safety is a big choose too, Minter is very old and Shaun Williams is very bad xD

I'm not a Panthers fan, but I can tell you, YES, Landry is better than Merriweather. Landry is projected to go top 10, whereas Merriweather will be lucky to be late first.

JustJoe2k5
04-20-2007, 11:51 AM

I agree with Vikes, Landry is a much better all-around safety than Meriweather. Meriweather has first-round talent, but his character concerns will scare most people away especially with the newly-enforced rules that cost Adam Jones his season. I'd love to have a talent like Meriweather on the Panthers' roster, I just wouldn't want to have a person like Meriweather on the roster.

simmy1989
04-20-2007, 02:09 PM
First of all why would anyone compare Landry to Meriweather, Landry is by far better and about Olsen I am not taking anything away from his talents, but I don't think he's worth the $$$ of a #14 pick, I would much rather see us draft Levi Brown who has a good chance to be available at #14

JustJoe2k5
04-21-2007, 06:05 AM
First of all why would anyone compare Landry to Meriweather, Landry is by far better and about Olsen I am not taking anything away from his talents, but I don't think he's worth the $$$ of a #14 pick, I would much rather see us draft Levi Brown who has a good chance to be available at #14

I would say the switch to the zone-blocking scheme will help our offensive line more than any one player.