PDA

View Full Version : 9/21 - Podcast Tonight at 8pm EST

Scott Wright
09-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey,

Be sure to tune in to a new podcast with Shane and I tonight at 8:00pm EST.

Some of the prospects we'll be talking about include Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker, Cameron Jordan, Case Keenum and Prince Amukamara. Listen live, chat or even call in to ask a question!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown

Scott Wright
09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Also, if you have any topics you'd like to hear discussed post them here for consideration.

shylo3716
09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
I would like to hear about the top rated CB's since it will be a CB heavy draft IMO. (Potential underclassmen prospects)

Scotty D
09-21-2010, 12:33 PM
While your talking about Prince if you could throw in something about Jared Crick that would be awesome.

Forenci
09-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Neat. I'll check it out for sure. Sadly I have class tonight, but I most certainly will download it later.

Also, as a UConn student I'd love to hear your and Shane's opinion on Jordan Todman! Does he have a chance to be the next Donald Brown? I personally think he's better than Brown, but he doesn't have great size.

Hurricanes25
09-21-2010, 12:35 PM
I would like to hear about the top rated CB's since it will be a CB heavy draft IMO. (Potential underclassmen prospects)

Agreed. I would like to hear your thoughts on guys such as Aaron Williams and Brandon Harris.

Shane P. Hallam
09-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I hope everyone will join us! I'm pushing for the Locker/Mallet debate tonight and want some callers or guys in the chat room on both sides making some arguments right alongside us!

ThePudge
09-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I may try to call in for a little QB discussion because I have a strong feeling we're going to hear a lot of excuses as to why Jake Locker couldn't keep his team competitive against Nebraska & a lot of common myths about Ryan Mallett.

Obviously a bad game isn't crippling for a player's draft stock, nor does one game make a QB prospect legitimate; still, despite that point, you'd like to see a Franchise Quarterback prospect do something for his team that he shouldn't be able to. Could UW led by Jake Locker beat BYU? Absolutely. He's a great player, we all know that, but when is he going to beat the odds? For an elite Quarterback it's nice to see that he takes over games that he should (see: Syracuse), but eventually I'd like to see him take over a game that he shouldn't.

I know Scott has said that Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt) -> Jake Locker (Washington) comparisons are void, but I still can't help but to disagree. He states that Chris Williams was a luxury for Cutler that Locker just doesn't have and I tend to disagree with that. Williams was a breakout player in his RS Junior with Chris Nickson playing QB for Vandy, Cutler's last season happened to be Williams' first as a starter. Though Chris wasn't bad in that first year, he was far from one of the SEC's best Tackles. Earl Bennett was a fine college player but I wouldn't say he was any more of a mismatch (as a Freshman with Cutler) against SEC corners than Jermaine Kearse should be, now in his Junior season.

This Washington team is weak, but with a star dual-threat Quarterback under-center they should be able to qualify for a Bowl Game. With a star QB in Arkansas the Razorbacks should be able to actually contend for the SEC West. That star QB up at Stanford is making everyone around him look good & that's a team that is supposed to be going backwards (note: he actually hasn't played any kind of competition yet.) I think being able to put your team on your back & lead them to victory is worth something... And don't give me that USC crap, UW's offense put 16 points on the board, a Quarterback did not win that one (a young, inept USC passing game did.)

Halsey
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I was thinking of calling and asking you guys about your take on taking RBs with high picks in today's NFL. It seems like many RBs drafted high in recent years aren't living up to expectations, and even when they do it isn't translating into wins on the field. For example, this year we saw Spiller, Matthews and Best drafted in the first. Spiller and Matthews have yet to impress, and Best's stellar play hasn't translated to wins. It just seems to me that RBs don't offer the value to warrant first round picks in today's NFL, for the most part. Yes, guys like Peterson and CJ are the exceptions.

Grizzlegom
09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
On the RB note, I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say about Evan Royster. I know JBond has never been high on him but I'm interested to see if you guys think its a poor o-line or just him.

Scott Wright
09-21-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm pushing for the Locker/Mallet debate tonight

Oh, there will be that discussion.

Whether you see things the (W)right way or not will determine how much debate there is. :o)

shylo3716
09-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Can we hear about these underclassmen CB's if you have time......Patrick Peterson,Aaron Williams,Brandon Harris,Janoris Jenkins?

Scott Wright
09-21-2010, 06:46 PM
We'll be firing it up in about 15 minutes, be sure to listen in.

Also, the chat room is open.

Shane P. Hallam
09-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Had a great show! Thanks to all who listened and hope the rest will listen on archive :)

Addict
09-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Had a great show! Thanks to all who listened and hope the rest will listen on archive :)

I'll be giving it a listen some time today or tomorrow :)

Aloysius
09-22-2010, 09:36 AM
A belated thanks to Scott & Shane for fielding my question on the top hybrid prospects. Once again, it was an excellent podcast!

niel89
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
damn I completely forgot again. Oh well, I can't wait to listen to the archive.