PDA

View Full Version : What can we expect this year from last years rookies?

GSOT
03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Who do you think will have a good second year, and what should we expect from them?

NGSeiler
03-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Well, it would seem that Tye Hill and Mark Setterstrom will both see quite a bit of time on the field as they're both penciled in as starters. Hopefully Hill progresses in terms of his ball awareness and hands. Setterstrom at this point simply needs to show that the strong finish to last season with him in the line-up wasn't a fluke.

With McMichael's addition, Klopfenstein will be in a back-up role and will likely only see the field on two TE sets, so I'm not sure how much he'll really progress outside of many continuing to mature in practice.

Wroten should hopefully contribute more as part of a rotation, though if the Rams draft a three-technique tackle like Okoye or Carriker then it's going to be difficult for Wroten to get on the field.

Unless Pisa Tinoisamoa gets injured, I don't envision Alston being more than a special teams player. If the Rams resign Coakley, which they've shown an interest in doing, then Alston will likely once again be third on the depth chart at WLB. I'm not quite sure I'm buying the idea of a move to SS. Is he going to pass Jerome Carter on the depth chart there? If not, then he's in the same spot - third on the depth chart.

Byrd will likely be competing with Aaron Walker to make the roster. After his second off the field issue, he's in no way a roster lock at this point.

Adeyanju will factor into a rotation at RDE behind James Hall on obvious running downs. He needs to improve his pass rush if he wants to be an every down player, but I think he'll be successful in the situational role for now.

Hagans will have a shot to compete for the 4th receiver job and time as a return man, but I'm not optimistic about him locking down either. At this point I would bank on Dane Looker as our #4 guy.

holt_bruce81
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
i heard they were moving Alston to SS

KCJ58
03-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, it would seem that Tye Hill and Mark Setterstrom will both see quite a bit of time on the field as they're both penciled in as starters. Hopefully Hill progresses in terms of his ball awareness and hands. Setterstrom at this point simply needs to show that the strong finish to last season with him in the line-up wasn't a fluke.

With McMichael's addition, Klopfenstein will be in a back-up role and will likely only see the field on two TE sets, so I'm not sure how much he'll really progress outside of many continuing to mature in practice.

Wroten should hopefully contribute more as part of a rotation, though if the Rams draft a three-technique tackle like Okoye or Carriker then it's going to be difficult for Wroten to get on the field.

Unless Pisa Tinoisamoa gets injured, I don't envision Alston being more than a special teams player. If the Rams resign Coakley, which they've shown an interest in doing, then Alston will likely once again be third on the depth chart at WLB. I'm not quite sure I'm buying the idea of a move to SS. Is he going to pass Jerome Carter on the depth chart there? If not, then he's in the same spot - third on the depth chart.

Byrd will likely be competing with Aaron Walker to make the roster. After his second off the field issue, he's in no way a roster lock at this point.

Adeyanju will factor into a rotation at RDE behind James Hall on obvious running downs. He needs to improve his pass rush if he wants to be an every down player, but I think he'll be successful in the situational role for now.

Hagans will have a shot to compete for the 4th receiver job and time as a return man, but I'm not optimistic about him locking down either. At this point I would bank on Dane Looker as our #4 guy.

Great Info and insite on the Rams situation Seiler:)