PDA

View Full Version : More Important Game?

Morton
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Which game this Saturday is more important for the NFL stock of their respective featured quarterbacks: The Arkansas-Alabama game with Ryan Mallett going up against a top defense, or the Stanford-Notre Dame game with Andrew Luck?

Which will be more important for draftniks to pay close attention to this weekend?

BeerBaron
09-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Which game this Saturday is more important for the NFL stock of their respective featured quarterbacks: The Arkansas-Alabama game with Ryan Mallett going up against a top defense, or the Stanford-Notre Dame game with Andrew Luck?

Which will be more important for draftniks to pay close attention to this weekend?

Definitely Mallett vs. Alabama. We just watched Locker get spanked vs. an elite college defense in Nebraska, so we will have to see how Mallett holds up against elite competition. If he plays well, and especially if he plays well in leading Arkansas to a win, then I don't think there will be a question anymore of whether he is on the level of an elite prospect.

That said, the Notre Dame game will be most people's first chance to see Luck leading the offense without Gerhart. I caught most of the Wake game last week online and Luck looked phenomenal. He was damned near perfect in that game, making every play and throw look amazing. Notre Dame isn't exactly an elite defense, but if he plays them close to the level he played vs. Wake, then he too will definitely raise his stock quite a bit.

Giantsfan1080
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm a Luck fan boy but the Bama game is more important for Mallett. It's going to make or break his draft stock but it's going to very good to see him on a big stage against a real defense.

Hurricanes25
09-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Mallet against Alabama. I fully expect Luck to shred apart that Notre Dame defense so when he does, no surprise. Alabama on the other hand has the best defense (or one of the best) in the country so it will be interesting to see how Mallet fares. This one game won't break or make Mallet's season or draft stock but it can go a long way.

ThePudge
09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
I think this is pretty obvious one. A win and strong performance could really give Mallett's stock a lift. Luck should shred the Irish