PDA

View Full Version : Packer-Bears, Week 3

J-Mike88
09-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Nobody here cares about this game or what? No thread?
WT******!!
This is the Bear game!
They are 2-0.
If they beat us, they have a leg & a half up on us.

I find Monday night's game very interesting.

The Packers, as we all know, are a stay-the-course, build thru the draft type of franchise. It's had some success obviously and the team has gotten better in TT's tenure here. The 2007 team spiked, then a down, but 2009 & now have all signs pointing up.

The Bears, on the other hand, are quite different.

When Ted started, Lovie Smith had made it a goal of his to beat the Packers. And they did. They took over the division briefly, despite Wrecks Grossman at QB. They even got to a Super Bowl in 2006.

But they had fallen the past few years.

So last year they traded for the big time QB in Cutler to run their offense.
And this off-season, they added RB Chester Taylor and the best FA in years on defense, Julius Peppers.

They added a few smaller pieces as well, but those 2 big additions are going to be the factors in how far the Bears go this year, and the near future.

If they can all of a sudden leapfrog the Packers with almost an opposite approach (and poor recent draft results), it will show that you can win in today's NFL by bringing in outside talent and not just relying on the draft.

princefielder28
09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Monday is going to seem like the longest day ever until we get to 7:30

Zycho32
09-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Okay...

In the first place, the majority of the Bears' roster came from the draft- more players from other teams than Green Bay by far, but it's still just a fraction. This isn't the NFL version of the New York Yankees here.

And second, can you name a single person who utterly and totally thinks you have to build through the draft 100% in order to win?

J-Mike88
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
And second, can you name a single person who utterly and totally thinks you have to build through the draft 100% in order to win?
Of course not, not 100%.
The closest to it are probably us and the Colts, who are great teams.

But the point is the Bears where dead 13 months ago.
And it's 2 key new additions that are spear-heading their early revival.

I hope we crush them Monday, but we barely beat them each game last year and had a lot of luck on our side in the first win.

They didn't have Urlacher and Peppers then, or Chester Taylor who is a guy who can mismatch us.

Anyone here expecting a cakewalk is in for a surprise Monday night.

BloodBrother
09-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Still not sold on the Bears. Dallas out gained them big time in yardage, and IMO dallas and their miscues is why the Bears won. Bears went 1/11 on 3rd down, and now Major Wright is hurt, weakening their already really weak secondary.Their pass attack will be a good test for the Packers D, however

Capers is a great defensive coach who I think will confuse the hell out of Cutler, as well as Martz. Packers definitely can't come out slow like they did vs Buffalo. They need to jump out early vs Chicago

Probably see the psycho package in this game, which debuted vs the Bears last year...thoroughly confusing Cutler

I think it will be close, but the Packers will get an early lead and never lose it.

Pack - 28
Bears - 17

tjsunstein
09-23-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm not sweating the Bears. I think we're entirely too talented. Honestly, I think we're the best team in the game aside from the Saints.

Sportsfan486
09-24-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm not sweating the Bears. I think we're entirely too talented. Honestly, I think we're the best team in the game aside from the Saints.

I feel like so much talk has gone into the Bears "2-0" start and Cutler playing "great" that they're setup for failure. Besides, they only beat Detroit because catches sometimes aren't catches and Cutler looked good against the Cowboys, who played stupid and are ********.

I see at least one, probably two, defensive touchdowns for the Pack and Rodgers finally rounding into form with a 4 or 5 total TD game and over 300 yards.

45-17. Might be wishful thinking, but oh well.

PackerLegend
09-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Like its been mentioned 100 times the Bears should really be 1-1 but it doesn't matter their 2-0... You never really know what to expect in these games it always seems to be close. Hopefully Sundays a great day watching the Vikings fall to 0-3 and Monday nights even better.

A happy Tuesday Morning.

Packers 3-0
Bears 2-1
Lions 1-2
Vikings 0-3

the dude
09-24-2010, 03:32 AM
monday night football for me = getting up at 2.30 am. The thing that makes me nervous about facing Cutler is, that when he gets hot, he's really hot. Hopefully we get the Cutler that throw bonehead passes. Either way, it should be a good game.

Anybody got the word on Mike Neal?

J-Mike88
09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
I think you guys are way too over-confident, cocky on this game.
I hope Monday night proves me wrong, but what the dude says:
The thing that makes me nervous about facing Cutler is, that when he gets hot, he's really hot.
Well, against a good QB with multiple receiving targets... we still have sunburn from Big Ben, Warner, and Farve twice when they got hot. This is the same type of scheme/targets at WR/TE/RB, and QB that absolutely torched us last year.

Matthews can't sack Cutler all 40 times he drops back to pass.
And Woodson can't cover Hester, Knox, Aroshamu, Olsen, Forte, and Taylor by himself.

I hope you guys' bravado proves correct come Monday midnight and my analysis/worries are proven to be dumbfounded.

But we barely beat them both times last year and those Bears sucked.

drowe
09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
My random thoughts.

On the game in general:
-I'm glad the Bears are 2-0. I'm glad Cutler is playing well. The Packers have a tradition dating back a few years of playing down to their oponents, especially early in the season. And, if we were playing a 1-1 Bear team that lost to the Lions, we could be in for a rude awakening. I want this game to be for first place. I want it at Soldier Field. And I want the Bears to be perceived to be a good team.

On who needs to step up:
-Sam Shields-The Bears have something between a decent ensemble cast of WRs and a group of also-rans. I don't think there's a difference between their #1 WR and their #3 WR. I don't think Cutler sees a difference either. So, I could see him picking on the UDFA all night.

-Bryan Bulaga-duh. If he starts, this will be massive for him. Keep Peppers in check, and watch his jersey sales soar. get blow'd up a few times and he'll have to live with questions for a couple weeks. Obviously, this isn't a make or break game for him.....but, his performance will be exaggerated to one extreme or another until he proves otherwise.

On the rivalry
-It's always fun to contrast our rivalry with the Bears compared to the rivalry with the Vikings. With the Bears, there is a lot of mutual respect. On the radio today, I heard somebody describe it as a bar fight, where ya buy the other guy a beer afterwards. Sounds about right. I think the Packers and Bears can both get behind the rivalry itself being bigger than both teams. I would like to see Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler go toe to toe for the next decade as 2 top tier QBs. But, with the Vikings...it's just all hate. I want bad things to happen to that team. No class. No storied rivalry. Just massive mound of purple hate.
-Strangely, as heated as the rivalry has been, over the last quarter century there has been very few times where both the Packers and Bears were actually good. So, games like this, even if it is early in the season, are pretty rare. And, an instance where both teams have a good QB is ESPECIALLY rare, if not unprecedented. In almost 100 years of playing each other, This could be one of the first of many true shootouts between the two teams. It's very exciting.

Prediction------I'm calling a shootout. 2 great QBs. On Monday Night Football. But, the only difference is; while Cutler tends towards the gunslinger mentality, Rodgers plays it smart. a few timely Cutlerceptions put the Pack over the top. 38-28.

BloodBrother
09-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Damn, Mike Neal not in pads for today's practice. He practiced yesterday but today was the big test according to McCarthy. I'd be surprised if he plays on Monday, now. That stinks...been looking forward to getting him into that Dline rotation

Colledge also didn't practice, a day after him and Raji collided during a drill(knees). No reason yet given, but Bulaga was taking the 1st team reps at LG. Clifton, meanwhile, was a full participant at LT

J-Mike88
09-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Damn, Mike Neal not in pads for today's practice. He practiced yesterday but today was the big test according to McCarthy. I'd be surprised if he plays on Monday, now. That stinks...been looking forward to getting him into that Dline rotation

Colledge also didn't practice, a day after him and Raji collided during a drill(knees). No reason yet given, but Bulaga was taking the 1st team reps at LG. Clifton, meanwhile, was a full participant at LT
So if DC can't go, and Bulaga is the LG, who plays LT once Clifton goes down or gets yanked?

You guys remember what Antwan Odom did last year to Rodgers? How about Adewale Ogunleye? Peppers is 10x as good as those guys.

DROWE,
nice writeup and I hope you're right. A shootout win sounds great.
But remember, as Godly as Arod was last year, he only had ONE total TD pass against the Bears, IIRC. And their defense is better this year with Peppers there on the DL with Tommie Harris, and with Urlacher there. That f***** always seems to come up with a game-changing play against us.

BloodBrother
09-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Colledge was quoted as saying that it was a "scary" incident but that he will play monday. Said monday's game is more important than today's practice which is why he didn't go today. Just sort of resting it up

I mean, after their collision, he still practiced. Probably just had some swelling. I think he'll be good to go. Neal is definitely out, though, unfortunately

J-Mike88
09-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Colledge was quoted as saying that it was a "scary" incident but that he will play monday. Said monday's game is more important than today's practice which is why he didn't go today. Just sort of resting it up

I mean, after their collision, he still practiced. Probably just had some swelling. I think he'll be good to go. Neal is definitely out, though, unfortunately
Well McCarthy called it a knee strain and said it will be evaluated again as a medical.... and anytime MM calls something a sprain, I get worried.

umphrey
09-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Cutler is soooooo due for an implosion. 2 ints 1 fumble.

Sportsfan486
09-25-2010, 03:10 AM
I think you guys are way too over-confident, cocky on this game.
I hope Monday night proves me wrong, but what the dude says:

Well, against a good QB with multiple receiving targets... we still have sunburn from Big Ben, Warner, and Farve twice when they got hot. This is the same type of scheme/targets at WR/TE/RB, and QB that absolutely torched us last year.

Matthews can't sack Cutler all 40 times he drops back to pass.
And Woodson can't cover Hester, Knox, Aroshamu, Olsen, Forte, and Taylor by himself.

I hope you guys' bravado proves correct come Monday midnight and my analysis/worries are proven to be dumbfounded.

But we barely beat them both times last year and those Bears sucked.

Funny how one game and all of a sudden the Bears passing attack became the triple-pro-bowl attack of the Steelers, Cardinals and Vikings last year and not a mediocre/occasionally awful QB with a horrible OLine and badddd receivers.

Just funny.

J-Mike88
09-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Funny how one game and all of a sudden the Bears passing attack became the triple-pro-bowl attack of the Steelers.....
Those Steelers receivers are no better than the Bears receivers are, including the TE.
And Big Ben has never racked up passing yardage like Cutler can.

BloodBrother
09-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Mike Wallace and Hines Ward>>>>>the Bears WR corps. Bears have the better TE, however

J-Mike88
09-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Mike Wallace and Hines Ward>>>>>the Bears WR corps. Bears have the better TE, however
I just know this:
I saw Devin Aroshamadu beat Charles Woodson more than once last year in Chicago, including for a key TD.

I saw Mike Wallace beat Jarrett Bush.

I mean we can each have our opinions of all those guys, but that's what we saw happened on the field last December.

I think Knox, DA, Hester & Olsen + the RBs are more formidable than the Steelers group. But I admit, it's pretty close either way.

So, it will be on Cutler. I hope he throws 5 Ints and we win 42-14.

BloodBrother
09-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Forte is the guy they need to contain, period

EvilMonkey
09-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Clifton listed as probable, guessing that means he'll start and we'll have to wait a little longer for the Bulaga Whale era to begin.

J-Mike88
09-26-2010, 06:48 AM
Clifton listed as probable, guessing that means he'll start and we'll have to wait a little longer for the Bulaga Whale era to begin.
I'd say there's close to a 90% chance we see Bulaga in this game, and the over/under for the first snap he takes is late in the 2nd quarter.

Colledge listed as probable too.

umphrey
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
is it 7:30 yet

Rodgers: 20/30, 275 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Jennings: 4 catches, 66 yards, 1 TD
Driver: 6 catches, 58 yards, 1 TD
Finley: 4 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD

Packers win, 34-20

PackerLegend
09-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Cant wait! Hopefully we can all go to bed happy tonight.

Sportsfan486
09-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Cant wait! Hopefully we can all go to bed happy tonight.

I just got my first fat paycheck from my new job and bought a 2005 Mustang. If the Pack wins this'll be a top 3 day ever for me; right up there with getting my first blowjob and the first time I got laid.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Packers OLB Brad Jones is inactive tonight. Frank Zombo is starting in his place. Sucks about Jones, and didn't really expect it. I'd expect Mike Neal to be out still, to. In any case, good opportunity for Zombo tonight. Hopefully he takes advantage of the situation

just heard it via NFL Network. Full list of Inactives to come shortly

GB12
09-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Damn it. Interesting to go with Zombo over Chillar though. Saving Chillar for inside I suppose.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Full list of Inactives for the Packers

22 CB Pat Lee
23 RB Dimitri Nance
26 S Charlie Peprah
59 LB Brad Jones
67 G Nick McDonald
70 T/G T.J. Lang
74 G/T Marshall Newhouse
96 DE Mike Neal

LB Frank Zombo (#58) starts for Jones.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Damn it. Interesting to go with Zombo over Chillar though. Saving Chillar for inside I suppose.

Yeah, probably it. Probably won't see much Hawk tonight I'd assume. I expect Poppinga to rotate in for Zombo here or there. He's sort of dinged up so that might explain Zombo starting over him

jackalope
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Jones out? Didn't see that coming.

Finally have my computer back after two weeks and we've got the Bears in an hour. I'm absolutely pumped. I don't have any doubt that we're the better team here, so if we come out clicking this should be a win. But, I have admit I'm a little nervous playing in Chicago. I'm hoping we absolutely embarrass them on national TV and put ourselves as the undisputed #1 in the NFC.

umphrey
09-27-2010, 06:22 PM
I think you will see more Chillar than Zombo, or at least Chillar + Poppinga more than Zombo.

Deactivating Dimitri Nance is puzzling. They must consider Kuhn a full time RB now.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Bears Inactives:

91 DT Tommie Harris
19 WR Devin Aromashodu
74 LT Chris Williams
27 FS Major Wright
31 CB Joshua Moore
98 DE Corey Wootton
32 RB Kahlil Bell
12 QB Caleb Hanie

Matt Toeaina expected to start in place of Tommie Harris for Bears.Israel Idonije starting at DE opposite Julius Peppers.

Harris inactive is a "coach's decision". Not sure what the issue is there

umphrey
09-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Tommie Harris, Chris Williams, and Major Wright should all play heavily into our favor. I knew Williams and Wright would probably be scratched. Not having Harris in is a pleasant surprise though.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I think you will see more Chillar than Zombo, or at least Chillar + Poppinga more than Zombo.

Deactivating Dimitri Nance is puzzling. They must consider Kuhn a full time RB now.

Or, perhaps the gameplan for tonight is to pass, pass and pass some more. All 4 TE's are active tonight, btw. Wonder if we get some plays with Finley AND Quarless on the field tonight.

worried about Zombo in the run D. He struggled during the preseason there

Mr.Regular
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I am jacked for this game. It's early but this is huge.
We win, we'll be considered the best in the NFL. We lose, we're essentially 2 games behind the division.

GO PACK GO!

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 08:45 PM
looks like the stretch of good ST play has come to an end. Looks like last year's unit out there. What is that? 3 penalties already tonight just on the ST?

Bears are winning the field position battle easily...good thing the Packers D has been great

cvv84
09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
We need to keep those check downs coming instead of going for the big play everytime. Get yardage and control the field position battle.

Special teams and penalties have been killing us. That Hail Mary to end the 1st half was pretty stupid IMO. It rarely works and could've led to a big return. Just run out the clock and get the ball to start the 3rd quarter.

Our run game went from bleak to pathetic. If they keep thinking Kuhn can run the ball then we're in trouble.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 09:35 PM
penalties and the ST. Freakin KILLING them

cvv84
09-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Nobody can cover ****. Combined with sloppy play and porous penalties this one is going to come down to the wire.

J-Mike88
09-27-2010, 09:52 PM
That holding penalty called on Tauscher on Peppers denying J-Mike the TD was B******.

I've seen 5 way worse against our DL/LBers, not called.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 09:55 PM
This is freakin lame. Packers are beating themselves.

ST is back to crap I see. Brutal

J-Mike88
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
ANyone who is DVRing the game, watch on Hester's TD return, TWO Bears get away with blocks in the back.

First was on AJ Hawk, and the second one was against Quarless.

I guarantee WE ALWAYS get called for those same infractions.

TWO on one play? Wow.

princefielder28
09-27-2010, 10:21 PM
here we go!!!!!

princefielder28
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
seriously?????

J-Mike88
09-27-2010, 10:40 PM
I feel bad for McCarthy because he and Capers have called a great game.
We've been ****ed by the refs which cost us points.

Jones ridiculous fumble was inexcusable because he wasn't carrying the ball in the outside hand, which I learned when I was 12 years old, especially that close to the sideline.

Our *****ing guys (Collins) have dropped interceptions including this final game-losing drive. Collins had that ball.... why did he drop it?

Then Chillar gets beaten again deep on 2nd & 20.... plus commits the penalty.

Special ED teams killed us......

This was a game where a few of our guys simply gave the game away.

Some of our players, like fans, were just over-confident. Games like these USUALLY come down to one or two key plays, and our ***** clowns plus the **** refs made sure we gave the game, the division, and a home-game playoff away.

umphrey
09-27-2010, 10:45 PM
what a ******** game. This makes me want to avoid football for the next week.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 10:45 PM
worst ****** game I've seen in a while. ****** AWFUL

18 goddamn penalties. ST was garbage all game

Packers beat themselves BADLY tonight. INT's nullified for dumbass penalties. Just pathetic

jackalope
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
I feel sick. We completely outplayed them. How many times did we pick Cutler without it costing him?

ImBrotherCain
I feel bad for McCarthy because he and Capers have called a great game.
We've been ****ed by the refs which cost us points.

Jones ridiculous fumble was inexcusable because he wasn't carrying the ball in the outside hand, which I learned when I was 12 years old, especially that close to the sideline.

Our *****ing guys (Collins) have dropped interceptions including this final game-losing drive. Collins had that ball.... why did he drop it?

Then Chillar gets beaten again deep on 2nd & 20.... plus commits the penalty.

Special ED teams killed us......

This was a game where a few of our guys simply gave the game away.

Some of our players, like fans, were just over-confident. Games like these USUALLY come down to one or two key plays, and our ***** clowns plus the **** refs made sure we gave the game, the division, and a home-game playoff away.

Thats really what killed us... not the almost 20 penalties called on us? Yea special teams sucked but they shot themselves in the foot... or should we change the analogy to "Shot themselves in the face".

umphrey
Also we probably win this game if we just had Brad Jones playing instead of that no future bum POS Zombo

Gay Ork Wang
Good game guys, we guys didnt really win, you guys lost.
i dont doubt that you will make the playoffs so dont be too frustrated.

princefielder28
09-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Also we probably win this game if we just had Brad Jones playing instead of that no future bum POS Zombo

yeah, Brad Jones not playing was the difference maker haha

not all the penalties, poor special teams, but rather Brad Jones

c'mon man!

GB12
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
We lost because

1. Penalties. Jesus Christ

2. Special Teams. Blocked FG, return TD, big returns, come on

3. James Jones. Really man hold on to that ball there were no more yards to get

4. Mike McCarthy. Dumb ******* challenge you idiot

EvilMonkey
09-27-2010, 10:58 PM
We lost because

1. Penalties. Jesus Christ

2. Special Teams. Blocked FG, return TD, big returns, come on

3. James Jones. Really man hold on to that ball there were no more yards to get

4. Mike McCarthy. Dumb ******* challenge you idiot

Dont leave out Dom Capers. Pressure was messing with Cutler good, but the entire 2nd half was rushing 4, and with that not even trying some stunts or something, just send 4 straight at them. F*cking blitz you tard.

GB12
09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I didn't have any problem with Capers' play calling.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I am SICK of MCcarthy and his stupid ass challenges. Who the **** is advising him up there? **** wasn't even CLOSE

just wasting timeouts on calls that are easy to make

EvilMonkey
09-27-2010, 11:07 PM
I didn't have any problem with Capers' play calling.

well, sorry, but you're wrong then in my opinion. Watch the game over. Every terrible Cutler throw that was gifted back on penalties or drops was on one of the 4 or 5 times Caper blitzed in the 2nd half and pressured Cutler and on cue, he made terrible throws. He called a great first half and then went into ***** zone the entire 2nd half and let us get picked apart by Cutler. Can't let him just sit there, especially with the young secondary we have. Simply terrible.

Gay Ork Wang
09-27-2010, 11:13 PM
the thing is that they spread out a lot, trying to do the same like last week with the cowboys to hit the Receivers as fast as possible if you rush or exploit the pass rushers in coverage. the difference was that your Rushers were better in coverage. so i dont think it was dom capers fault at all.

J-Mike88
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
I hate network announcers because they don't talk about injuries unless they have to.

Greg Jennings had 2 catches total on the night, even with Finley out of the game for 2 drives.

Did he get hurt, or did the Bears obtain a healthy Darrelle Revis or bring back 1993 Deion Sanders after the first quarter?

J-Mike88
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM
By the way, the Bears will finish no better than 11-5, most likely 10-6 or worse, so I think the division will still be ours.

But every loss hurts when you're aim is for the #1 seed. This was a total gift.

Gay Ork Wang
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM
id take 10-6 in a heartbeat :P

GB12
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I hate network announcers because they don't talk about injuries unless they have to.

Greg Jennings had 2 catches total on the night, even with Finley out of the game for 2 drives.

Did he get hurt, or did the Bears obtain a healthy Darrelle Revis or bring back 1993 Deion Sanders after the first quarter?

Really man? Of all things to ***** about from this game and you pick something that had no impact at all. So what if Jennings only had two catches, that doesn't change ****. We had no problem passing and Rodgers went for 316 yards. It doesn't matter if Jennings had 2 catches or 12, that wasn't the problem. Throwing to Greg Jennings doesn't make our special teams better, it doesn't decrease penalties, it doesn't keep McCarthy from making dumb challenges, and no it still doesn't impact James Jones fumbling that. We got the catches from our other receivers, it doesn't matter at all that Jennings only had 2.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
I still don't see the Bears winning more than 8 games. Divisional games are always freakin wacky, and full of crap like tonight. The better team lost, and I still don't see the bears as a legit threat to the division to be honest

I fully expect both teams to be 3-1 after next week. Then we go from there. Too bad their next matchup is the last game of the season. By then the Packers might already have their division locked up and playing for little to nothing

This game really pisses me off though. Gave the game away on a silver platter

J-Mike88
09-27-2010, 11:35 PM
The Bears are 2-0 in the division, with one win being the Lions game in which the ref said they won even though everyone else saw Calvin Johnson catch the game-winner.

And tonight because Jones fumbled and it stayed in bounds, because Collins dropped the Int on the final drive, because Barnett's Int was nullified by the helmet to the chin, and because Collins Int was nullified because of the rookie Burnett's rookie error interfering with a terrible WR in Earl Bennett.

Awful game.

And Greg Jennings was mentioned because sometimes a quick deep score is nice when you are moving the ball methodically but always **** ing up somewhere along the way with a penalty called. I can't believe we could never hit a deep one to Jennings. He could have been hurt for all we know because the announcers don't talk about those things a lot of times.

BloodBrother
09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Gotta keep things in perspective. Still fumed over that game, but its one game, and its early. I fully expect both teams to be 3-1 after next week

This game was like that early one in 2007 where they lost via a lot of crap like tonight. They went 13-3 that year. Just sucks to lose to a division rival, especially in the manner they did. Bleh

doing what I do after a Packers loss, which is avoid ESPN and NFL N for the week so I don't have to hear/see or read about anything regarding tonight's game. Hurry up and get to Sunday so they can play the Lions

BloodBrother
09-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh lovely, this sounds freakin great

Nick Collins-DB-Packers Sep. 28 - 12:56 am et

Packers FS Nick Collins was seen throwing an unknown object at a Bears' fan while leaving the field following the Packers' 20-17 loss.
Fox 6 Sports Milwaukee is reporting that Collins' was provoked by a fan who spat his way and called him a racist expletive. The station reportedly has video of the incident that can't be shown till Tuesday due to NFL guidelines. Stay tuned for more.
Source: Fox 6 Sports on Twitter

That fan being a piece of **** aside, if Collins threw something(which apparently was tape), then I'm worried that he might get a suspension handed down on his ass. Ugh, just freakin great. Dumb freakin team to let a fan get you worked up. Always gonna be idiots in the stands chanting stuff

Boston
09-28-2010, 12:17 AM
well, sorry, but you're wrong then in my opinion. Watch the game over. Every terrible Cutler throw that was gifted back on penalties or drops was on one of the 4 or 5 times Caper blitzed in the 2nd half and pressured Cutler and on cue, he made terrible throws. He called a great first half and then went into ***** zone the entire 2nd half and let us get picked apart by Cutler. Can't let him just sit there, especially with the young secondary we have. Simply terrible.

Yeah, what the **** was Capers thinking, I really don't understand why he would call two plays with 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties on them in the same drive! ******* pissed about that one...needed a better game plan...

J-Mike88
09-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Capers called a great game tonight.
And that's considering the fact that he had no DL to work with, and had to even use Sitton on his DL. That's embarassing.

As for Collins, I don't blame him for what he did to the POS fan. Good for him, and I'm glad he cares enough to be pissed off.

But what I am mad at him for is dropping the gifted Int he had when the refs called the holding on the Bears to set up the 2nd and 20. I think Collins caught it, but it was close. Still, he SHOULD have caught that Cutler gift right to him. He dropped another one eariler. He usually makes those catches, and Polamalu always catches those.

princefielder28
09-28-2010, 06:23 AM
How can anyone be ok with Collins attacking a fan??? It's going to cost him at least one game and this team can't afford to lose a starter in the secondary. It's emotional after a loss like that but you need to be a professional, Nick!

J-Mike88
09-28-2010, 06:26 AM
How can anyone be ok with Collins attacking a fan??? It's going to cost him at least one game and this team can't afford to lose a starter in the secondary. It's emotional after a loss like that but you need to be a professional, Nick!
I don't know exactly what he did. Did he jump up into the stands and attack the crazed fan?
Did he throw a helmet at a fan like Jacobs did last week?
Did he throw a baseball into the crowd like we've seen a player do before?

princefielder28
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't know exactly what he did. Did he jump up into the stands and attack the crazed fan?
Did he throw a helmet at a fan like Jacobs did last week?
Did he throw a baseball into the crowd like we've seen a player do before?

I don't believe they've released what the actual attack entailed, but there's a big difference between "attacking" a fan compared to tossing a helmet up to the fans or the same with a baseball...alot of it has to do with intent and Collins' intent was reportedly a negative one.

roughrider30
09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
According to this it was his mouth guard. Could have been a lot worse.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/103920549.html

drowe
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
-McCarthy should've let the Bears score. I know it goes against football...and sports in general..but, c'mon. play the numbers. dude isn't gonna miss an extra point.

-we need a running back. even if we throw for 325 every game, it won't be enough if that's 90% of our offense. time for a trade.

-18 penalties and you'd think we'd be able to complain about 1 or 2. but, no. the refs were right. we deserved every one of 'em.

-pretty sure i care about stats more than the players do. the fact that rodgers has that INT on his stat line really bothers me.

-nick collins needs to save his energy for beating up viking fans. they deserve it more.

-the announcers were brutal. how much did we hear about how awesome julius peppers played last night? dude didn't get a sack.

-time for the bulaga era. clifton was just on a different planet last night.

-the bears still suck.
because i ******* said so.

BloodBrother
09-28-2010, 12:07 PM
He won't get suspended for that, but will get a hefty fine. Would be BS to suspend him.

Sportsfan486
09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
-McCarthy should've let the Bears score. I know it goes against football...and sports in general..but, c'mon. play the numbers. dude isn't gonna miss an extra point.

This. Seriously. Their D did nothing against us all night, penalties just made our offense stall time and time again. We would have had time to tie it up.

Penalties, horrible STs, and dropped INTs lost this game. How many offsides did we have? Even 1 is inexcusable, let alone 5? 6? What was their average starting position? 45? And how many INTs were nullified by penalty? They didn't show a replay of where they got a holding call and there was a pick; did he just drop it? I thought he had caught it.

Horrible game. **** you Cutler for fist pumping when you threw a pick and got the defensive interference call even though the WR was equally responsible. ******.

umphrey
09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
The good:
-We played better than they did on offense and defense. Penalties and special teams screw ups can be corrected. We clearly showed that we can beat the Bears any time on any turf, it just didn't happen. The penalties might have been slightly more balanced on neutral turf as well. Yeah we deserved most of them but I saw a lot of no calls on the Bears
-We get significantly stronger in a few weeks. We had 3 rookies (2 UDFAs) starting on defense. In a few weeks it's Harris instead of Sam Shields, Atari Bigby gets a shot at shelving Morgan Burnett, Brad Jones is a world beater compared to Zombo, Mike Neal will help keep our DL fresh, maybe James Starks can give our running game a boost. Any one of those guys would have made a significant impact.
-Rodgers and co. showed they can move the ball up and down the field with no running game. We had the ball for over 35 minutes.

The bad:
-Tauscher and Clifton look spent. They couldn't run block at all and their pass blocking was pretty atrocious as well.
-Clay Matthews where were you? Early in the game he took some double teams and Raji/Jenkins won their battles. Later in the game he was just silent getting single teamed against a poor OL.
-Our rookies are playing horrible. Shields, Burnett, Zombo were major weak points on our defense.
-We are probably at least 3 starters away from a decent running game. 2 OL and a RB, minimum.
-Our depth isn't what we thought it was. Guys who are hurt, we missed badly. Guys who should have gotten pulled (Clifton/Tauscher, others) didn't.
-Special teams, penalties, timing.

PackerLegend
09-28-2010, 03:29 PM
That was extremely hard to watch and extremely disappointing. I know you need to have balance but I wish they would throw almost every down. Everytime we run its usually for -3 yards. Everytime we hand the ball off im always asking myself why are we running!

That INT Rodgers got really bugs me as well.

Seriously for as bad as we played we were in perfect position to wiin. So **** you James Jones dude WTF! Of course he is an inch away from the boundary but the ball stays iin.

Who dropped that INT on like the last Bears drive? There was a flag called on the Bears and it looked like our guy easily had it and then somehow dropped it. They never showed the ****ing play again.

I never understood why we promoted a guy who learned under the worst special teams coach to take over. Makes no sense at all.

BloodBrother
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Seriously, did anybody have any doubt that Rodgers would have gotten them into FG range on that last drive to win it? They were marching down the field and I had full confidence. Freakin James Jones has now made 2 COSTLY fumbles vs the Bears over the years. WTF dude...hold onto the ball

Well, rarely does a team go the entire year without some garbage loss. This one takes the cake. Record amount of penalties, horrid ST play, and just lame crap that seems to always happen when they play @CHI. Bears always seem to block a Packers FG attempt every time they play there, and then that fumble somehow doesn't roll out of bounds

GB12
09-28-2010, 06:19 PM
On the Jones fumble challenge: "I was standing right there. I had a pretty good indication of what happened. I did see the defensive back's foot swing out of bounds. I was just hopeful that the officials, maybe, you know, saw that his foot may have hit. With 2:18 and two challenges left, you know, that's obviously a huge play in the game, maybe it could swing our way."That kind of bothers me that he won't admit he was wrong or take accountability for the dumb challenge. The defender clearly never went out, and McCarthy has to have seen the replays 20 times by now.

PackerLegend
09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
This loss sucks ****! Sigh, but we have to remember we have 13 games left. We should feel pretty proud to get damn near 20 penalties and still have a good chance at winning. I will take a Bears loss if that means we beat the Vikings twice. Ive always had nothing but pure hate towards the Vikings. Those 2 games are the ones I want more then anything during the regular season. Ive always disliked the Bears alot but after that game and listening to ****ing Bear down I hate ****cago so much more.

Not to mention Crosby has started off great on field goals and now that blocked kick will probably somehow affect his confidence. Matshay kicked some good punts but then has to shank 1 like 10 yards at the worst time.

cvv84
09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
That kind of bothers me that he won't admit he was wrong or take accountability for the dumb challenge. The defender clearly never went out, and McCarthy has to have seen the replays 20 times by now.

I seriously wonder who our replay guy or the guy who says to challenge is. Seems like there's always some review that we'd clearly lose yet gets challenged anways.

Inronically though I remember seeing that since replay came into the league that McCarthy has one of the highest percentages for winning a challenge.

Matshay kicked some good punts but then has to shank 1 like 10 yards at the worst time.

Or kick it right to Hester who was already standing on our side of the field...

BloodBrother
09-28-2010, 07:39 PM
McCarthy admitted that he didn't even ASK for advice upstairs or see ANY replay. He just flat out threw the flag since the play "happened in front of him"

that's terrible to hear. A coach should never let his emotions get the better of him where he does somethin like that. I mean, one quick look from upstairs would confirm that it was easily a fumble, and they could have relayed that message to McCarthy. Wouldn't have taken much time at all

umphrey
09-28-2010, 09:09 PM
I really don't care about the challenge. I'm more concerned about the penalties and the starting tackles and the run game.

J-Mike88
09-28-2010, 09:46 PM
That INT Rodgers got really bugs me as well.

Who dropped that INT on like the last Bears drive? There was a flag called on the Bears and it looked like our guy easily had it and then somehow dropped it. They never showed the ****ing play again.
That Int bothered me too, as well as you 2 guys. And you could see it bothered Rodgers.
It cost me 2 points in fantasy football, and it's a killer for his passer rating. I don't understand the damn formula, but it seems to usually count for about -10 to 15 in the game passer rating.

And it was NICK COLLINS who dropped that Int, with Woodson right there too shocked that Nick let it, maybe, pop out. They crappy ESPN ignored it because of the holding penalty but I rewatched it over and over and the DVR and it was probably one of those Calvin Johnson catches where he had it but it popped out.
Collins dropped 2 Ints last night. The one he managed to catch, was the penalty on the rookie safety. MURPHYS LAW all over the place last night for us, but at least we didn't have any torn ACLs or Ankle ligaments.

PackerLegend
09-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Was that on the Bears final drive after the Jones fumble? I don't even remember partly because I just want to forget that game entirely. I really really wanted to see that dropped INT replayed but they never showed it. Pissed me off. I even heard Van Pelt on the radio today say it was practically an INT then a fumble.

Would Collins even have gotten that final INT if Burnett wasn't all over Bennett? It would have been close but he didn't even have a chance to come back to the ball.

Its always been... penalties and special teams, this team cant figure those 2 areas out ever since McCarthy has been here. I already mentioned before promoting the guy who learned under the worst special teams coach doesn't help. What do they think would change? He learned what he knows from a POS coach.

I haven't felt good about our run game in who knows how many years. Even with Grant It felt very very inconsistent. Probably because I havent felt great about this O-Line in a long long time either. Zone blocking scheme... do you feel it was the right move to go to it a few years back?

cvv84
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM
I haven't felt good about our run game in who knows how many years. Even with Grant It felt very very inconsistent. Probably because I havent felt great about this O-Line in a long long time either. Zone blocking scheme... do you feel it was the right move to go to it a few years back?

It wasn't a big issue back then but even with Ryan Grants success the past 3 seasons I still feel we'd be better off with a power running scheme. The Giants power offensive line helped Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and the 5'9" 198 lbs Ahmad Bradshaw. Our line has made strides but losing grant just shows how much of the equasion he was in our run game IMO.

drowe
09-29-2010, 09:38 AM
ah well. another day. nobody thought we were going 16-0. we're gonna lose a game. we'll lose at least a couple more. it won't always be the games you expect and it won't always be pretty.

but, **** it. bring on the lions.

umphrey
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
The zone blocking scheme is obviously as good as any other. Lots of teams use it with success such as Houston and Atlanta. We just don't have very good players. When possible, we should be trying to replace everyone except Sitton who started the Bears game.

cvv84
09-29-2010, 03:42 PM
The zone blocking scheme is obviously as good as any other. Lots of teams use it with success such as Houston and Atlanta. We just don't have very good players. When possible, we should be trying to replace everyone except Sitton who started the Bears game.

We still drafted a ton of zone blocking offensive lineman though with little to no success. Sitton and Bulaga are kind of a mix of a zone and power scheme and thats what I think we need more of. At some point you just need brute strength instead of diving at a guys legs.