PDA

View Full Version : 6PM Tonight.. ESPN Chris Mortenson, Darren Woodson, Mel Kiper cover the Ravens draft

ChefMike
03-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Check ESPN tonight for the On The Clock segment they are covering the Ravens Draft and current off season moves...

SeanTaylorRIP
03-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Check ESPN tonight for the On The Clock segment they are covering the Ravens Draft and current off season moves...

Yeah I'll watch for it but the other teams one's have been kinda dumb and obvious hitting topics.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks Chef, Ill have to check it out!!

go_ravens94
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks Chef, Ill have to check it out!!

This looks great!

Ravens1991
03-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Mort and Kiper talking about how McNair was a good pick up for the team and the intangibles we need for a super bowl.

Mort thinks we didnt give up to much for McGahee

Darren Woodson thinks a CB should be considered

Kiper has us taking Joe Staley for LT in the first

America
03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Mort and Kiper talking about how McNair was a good pick up for the team and the intangibles we need for a super bowl.

Mort thinks we didnt give up to much for McGahee

Darren Woodson thinks a CB should be considered

Kiper has us taking Joe Staley for LT in the first

Saw it, I like the player but not the position. I think he's a natural LT along with Terry. Hopefully Terry can shift to the right side. If Chester stays at guard, what'd yall think about Ryan Kalil?

And they think McCauley could be a 2nd round steal and Tanard Jackson of Cuse could be good. Both in the 2nd/3rd round range.

BigDawg819
03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
I love the McCauley and/or Tanard Jackson possibilities both would be excellent pickups for the defense. But for these so-called experts calling Rolle as washed up and what not proves to me that they obviously aren't watching enough film and just buying into hype. Rolle will still be our #2 corner come this season and probably will have a better year as more teams try and pick on him.

TNewFan41
03-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah I'll watch for it but the other teams one's have been kinda dumb and obvious hitting topics.

Thats because it is ESPN, who doesn't know ****. :)

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't understand why they don't start at 1 and go down.

Ravens1991
03-19-2007, 07:22 PM
they want the #1 pick the day before the draft I think.

go_ravens94
03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Anyway, Staley or Kalil would be a good R1 pick...

McCauley won't fall in R2, we should take Josh Wilson in that spot.

Yung Flippa
03-19-2007, 09:13 PM
i agree

If we draft Kalil, Chris Chester can stay at guard
and
i would love to have josh wilson or tanard jackson in the 2nd

ccB
03-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I dont want Kalil. I wouldnt like the idea of drafting an interior lineman in the 1st round.

ChefMike
03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Anyway, Staley or Kalil would be a good R1 pick...

McCauley won't fall in R2, we should take Josh Wilson in that spot.

Josh Wilson will not be a shut down corner in the NFL and is not big enough to stop the run... he will be a Devin Hester type I think. Which would be valuable no doubt about that but I think we Jackson from Syracuse would be a Ravens type of player and would love to pick him up at some point in the draft with one of our Comp picks. Now as far as Round 1 I wasnt a fan of Kipers pick. Being a huge fan of Kiper I have been watching him for awhile and I have had the privelage of meeting him, he doesnt always do a good job of picking out Lineman..I could mistaken but I do remember him raving about Leonard Davis and how he would anchor the OL in Arizona for the next decade... that was a flop. I didnt see any film on Staley but I am not high on a guy that is big and it not being his natural build. He came to school as a 215lb TE not a 310lb LT. He could be a guy that revolutionizes the LT spot.. but I would caution on the side of a naturally big guy that has a high ceiling to step in and be apart of our OL like JO for the next decade...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Haha great to see Mel Kiper hop on the bandwagon that I have been driving for quite some time now.....JOE STALEY TO BALTIMORE!!!!

ccB
03-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I just caught the segment overall I would love to get Staley than get McCauley in the 2nd round. That would be awesome.

go_ravens94
03-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I just caught the segment overall I would love to get Staley than get McCauley in the 2nd round. That would be awesome.

That is awesome!

Ravens1991
03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
I wonder if Terry will be a permanant RT then, because I dont see Staley as a RT at all.