PDA

View Full Version : True Fullbacks

SloppyJoe
09-28-2010, 03:52 PM
hey guys...

what player should i watch, if i wanna see a real FB that dominates at the point of attack in run block?
looking for maybe a lawrence vickers or tony richardson typ FB.

steelernation77
09-28-2010, 04:01 PM
hey guys...

what player should i watch, if i wanna see a real FB that dominates at the point of attack in run block?
looking for maybe a lawrence vickers or tony richardson typ FB.

Brett Morse for Iowa. Morse has started since he was a RS Soph and is now a RS Senior. He was the starting FB for Shonn Greene's huge year. But I am biased.

Wisconsin always has huge FBs.

Edit: Except this year I guess they're not that big.

niel89
09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Stanfords Owen Marecic is exactly like that. He is a hard nosed blocker and exactly what you look for in a classic fullback. In the last Notre Dame game, ND started sending linebackers to cut block him and accept giving up a defender. He is a big reason Stanford runs the ball so well.

SloppyJoe
09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Stanfords Owen Marecic is exactly like that. He is a hard nosed blocker and exactly what you look for in a classic fullback. In the last Notre Dame game, ND started sending linebackers to cut block him and accept giving up a defender. He is a big reason Stanford runs the ball so well.

and he shows some versatility ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzmNUcLG2M

i will look for both guys in future games.
would like it if the bucs would add a true FB next year which can really help us in the run-game

ToldLikeItIs
09-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Brett Morse will likely play in the NFL for awhile. I doubt he'll be drafted.

Day One Pick
09-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Pitt's Henry Hynoski, but he's a junior. He was one of the all-time leading rushers in Pennsylvania high school history, but has really settled in as a hard nosed throwback style FB.

KCJ58
09-28-2010, 05:03 PM
FB Eric Stevens (RS) Sophomore from California gonna be a beast when he's a senior, maybe the 1st FB drafted in 2013

Babylon
09-28-2010, 05:16 PM

Marecic is the epitome of a FB, probably back to a time when they were really relevant in football. The guy will pound it, block, play special teams and can even fill in at linebacker. Make him a deep snapper at the next level and he can probably fill 3 roster spots.

keylime_5
09-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Zach Boren is pretty beastly. Only a true sophomore. Best fullback OSU has had since Jamar Martin (and really the only true fullback since him).

dannyz
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
What about Stanley Havili? He might play RB in the NFL but I don't know.

TitanHope
09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
FB Eric Stevens (RS) Sophomore from California gonna be a beast when he's a senior, maybe the 1st FB drafted in 2013

He Craig Stevens's little bro?

Forenci
09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm totally bias but Anthony Sherman from UConn is pretty studly. Great blocker for two backs who racked up a ton of yardage in Donald Brown and Jordan Todman. He's also a great special teams player.

KCJ58
09-28-2010, 09:21 PM
He Craig Stevens's little bro?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/russphillipps/billy%20madison/bm9.jpg

Ozzy
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Like others have said Owen Marecic from Stanford is the freaking man, one of the best full back prospects I have seen in quite some time, note he is the only two way starter in Division 1 football!

Other guys that have not been mentioned yet are Devon Ramsey of UNC but he is a junior, still might come out. Preston Dial of Alabama is solid and so is Patrick DiMarco of South Carolina.

Stanley Havili of USC and Charles Clay of Tulsa are more the pass catching type of full backs, but still very rarely are there this many solid fullbacks in one draft. Heck these two type prospects have not come along in forever, name me the last pass catching full back out of college. One of these two could become the next Larry Centers.

Heath Evans, Brock Bolen or Jacob Hester maybe but they were all more versatile full backs that could run and catch a few passes but none were as productive as pass catches as Havili or Clay.

Still great group of full backs this year.

Sniper
09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Isn't Preston Dial a tight end?

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dial_preston00.html

According to Alabama's website, he is indeed a tight end.

P-L
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
I believe Dial plays H-Back now, which is like a full back / tight end hybrid.

PrimetimeTheDon
09-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Pitt's Henry Hynoski, but he's a junior. He was one of the all-time leading rushers in Pennsylvania high school history, but has really settled in as a hard nosed throwback style FB.
Beast.

wordlimitgaty

09-29-2010, 09:57 PM
What about Stanley Havili? He might play RB in the NFL but I don't know.

A third down receiving back. Ala Brian Leonard.

YAYareaRB
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Marecic is the epitome of a FB, probably back to a time when they were really relevant in football. The guy will pound it, block, play special teams and can even fill in at linebacker. Make him a deep snapper at the next level and he can probably fill 3 roster spots.

Fill in at Linebacker? homie starts at Linebacker hahaha

steelernation77
09-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Beast.

wordlimitgaty

Oh yeah that guy from Pitt is sweet.

CashmoneyDrew
09-29-2010, 10:58 PM
I really like Charles Clay. He's always impressed me the few times I've seen him play.

SickwithIt1010
09-30-2010, 10:19 PM
A third down receiving back. Ala Brian Leonard.

he seems too talented to be just used for that.

nepg
09-30-2010, 10:24 PM
he seems too talented to be just used for that.

So did Brian Leonard.

niel89
10-01-2010, 02:03 AM
If you want to see some highlights of Marecic just look at any of Toby Gerharts highlight tapes. Marecic consistently gets the one on one block to allow Gerhart to hit the hole. Just look for #48.

Some of the clips are redundant, but I love the ND game one.

RzCzj3fdET0

vXyTCJ2yTP8

nOCKIwYzkV0

RjLh_yO41jw

Cigaro
10-01-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Clemson+v+South+Carolina+uqJJ9Dyzu_Vl.jpg