PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Hot List - 9/28

Shane P. Hallam
09-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Latest Edition of the Prospect Hot List!

Prospect Hot List - September 28, 2010
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

Brent
09-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Von Miller has been hurt: http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/texas-am-lb-von-miller-trying-to-overcom.html

This is not what Aggies LB Von Miller returned for his senior season for - to play on a gimp ankle. He injured the ankle in the season opener and has only played here and there, and today said that it was originally the dreaded "high ankle" sprain, and that he's not 100 percent...Aggies D-coordinator Tim DeRuyter said Miller continues to affect plays despite the fact he has no sacks, but Miller is itching to be the same player he was a year ago.

"At first, I couldn't run on my toes. Now I can get on my toes," he said today. "I'm getting some of the mobility back and I need to get all of it back. To play like the way I want to play it's going to take a little bit of time. It will be such a relief to be out there and not even worry about it. That's what I've been waiting to do since January."

Just sayin'

nepg
09-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Is it still a negative that he can't play at a decent level when he's hurt, though? I mean, will toughness come into play when teams evaluate how he played when he wasn't 100% even if he starts dominating again?

If I'm running a team, him playing like crap when he's not 100% bothers the hell out of me. Players in the NFL are always hurt. After the first day of training camp, no one is 100% until the day before training camp the next season. If he can't find a way to get it done when he's hurt (but still cleared to play), then I don't know that I can trust him enough to draft him.

RealityCheck
09-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Jerrel Jernigan <3

Halsey
09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
It's easy to say Miller should just play through the pain of a high ankle sprain. Miller has to actually go out and do it. I imagine it's not just pain, but also affects on his range of motion that he's dealing with.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2010, 11:45 PM
It looks like Stanzi is on that Hot List.

I thought he was pick 6 rick!?

descendency
09-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Von Miller has been hurt: http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/texas-am-lb-von-miller-trying-to-overcom.html

Just sayin'

That's pretty unfortunate. Still, 2 tackles per game is embarrassing. If he's that hurt, he should sit out a game and let it heal. He's killing his stock because of it.

katnip
09-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Oh my.. A Syracuse player on the list.

Brent
09-30-2010, 06:19 AM
It's easy to say Miller should just play through the pain of a high ankle sprain. Miller has to actually go out and do it. I imagine it's not just pain, but also affects on his range of motion that he's dealing with.
All good points.

That's pretty unfortunate. Still, 2 tackles per game is embarrassing. If he's that hurt, he should sit out a game and let it heal. He's killing his stock because of it.
I think he's more concerned with helping the team win rather than his draft stock.

Shane P. Hallam
09-30-2010, 06:20 AM
He's not killing his stock anymore than sitting out per say. The injury is a concern, any injury is a concern, and either way his stock is dropping.

Halsey
09-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Just keep in mind that there have been times in the past where people think a prospect is hurting his stock, only to see that NFL teams, or at least one team, was never as worried about said players issues as the public perceived. A couple of cases in point: We all thought Sam Bradford's stock was in serious trouble a year ago, and many thought Joe Haden might fall to the second half of the first round after running a slow 40.

It's easy to forget that 'stock' is in the eye of the beholder, and not some universally agreed upon, concrete status.

HellonEarth84
10-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Allen Bailey, Top 10 pick?

critesy
10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
no nick fairly, guuuuuh.

Shane P. Hallam
10-04-2010, 05:03 AM
It's only for seniors.