PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch, DeAngelo Williams, or Willis McGahee

J-Mike88
09-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Let's say all of these RB's are made available (and some sources say they are), which one of these guys/packages would you prefer Ted pull the trigger on, if any?

CJSchneider
09-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Not that any one of them is undesirable, but I said nothing based on the fact that a 2-1 start isn't reason enough to get worried imo.

PackerLegend
09-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Not that any one of them is undesirable, but I said nothing based on the fact that a 2-1 start isn't reason enough to get worried imo.

How about the fact we have absolutely no running game? Brandon Jackson isnt good, Kuhn is a fullback and Nance is an UDFA practice squad player.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Keep your dirty hands off McGahee or you will DIE!!!!!!!

gpngc
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM
You would not have to give up that much for Lynch...

A conditional 4th that could escalate to a 3rd (MAYBE a 2nd) alone would probably suffice...

TitanHope
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
DeAngelo Williams potentially less expensive than Marshawn? I'd say Williams's price would be significantly higher than the other two (unless he's in his final year, which I have no clue about his contract).

tjsunstein
09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
1. DeAngelo Williams
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Willis McGahee

JPF
09-30-2010, 04:35 PM
DeAngelo is in the last year of his contract.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-30-2010, 04:39 PM
If Green Bay got Williams mid-season, it'd be an absolute coup.

BloodBrother
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
I think Williams would be too costly for a 1 yr investment(half season, really) He definitely would be a huge upgrade, but the Packers aren't a run first type of team, anyway. Lynch to GB makes the most sense, as the Packers have the players at the right positions of need for the Buffalo Bills, and Lynch is just good enough to keep defenses honest(like Grant did)

I really hope they get this done soon

TitleTown088
09-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not opposed to them, but a 2nd rounder plus another pick for Lynch is waaaay to much.

McGghee's contract is too big and he's not that good.

umphrey
09-30-2010, 07:01 PM
The last I heard about Lynch was they/we were negotiating a 4th round conditional, which sounds good. If we gave up a 2nd I would be pissed, but if we gave up a conditional 4th that turned into a 2nd it was probably worth it.

J-Mike88
09-30-2010, 10:14 PM
I put the prices high enough that I felt they were realistic.

DeAngelo I think would be a perfect one year rental.
We're still committed to Grant next year.
DeAngelo is a threat defenses would have to respect, which would help the great passing game open up a bit more, theoretically.
DeAngelo is playing in a contract year so he's running for $, which usually gets their A game.
How happy would he be going from sh%%%% Carolina to the Packers?
And from Clausen to Arod?

Remember, Ted tried to get Tony Gonzalez 2 years ago in-season. He might really make a deal here... but wants to wait as long as possible.

cvv84
09-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Remember, Ted tried to get Tony Gonzalez 2 years ago in-season. He might really make a deal here... but wants to wait as long as possible.

And also remember he wasn't willing to part with a 2nd round draft pick to get him either. I think TT is exploring options at RB but its only going to come at a price that he deems reasonable.

J-Mike88
10-01-2010, 05:25 PM
And also remember he wasn't willing to part with a 2nd round draft pick to get him either. I think TT is exploring options at RB but its only going to come at a price that he deems reasonable.
Absolutely.
We like our newer TE, same #88, just fine thanks.

But I like the fact that TT seems to be interested in adding a RB that defenses at least feel is a threat.

As great as our passing game is already, it will help it if there's a RB there that defenses fear.

BloodBrother
10-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Jay_Glazer

Breaking news: I'm reporting seattle has traded for bills rb marshawn lynch for 4th in 2011 and cond pick 2012. Great move for 'hawks

ARe you kidding me? a 4th round pick and a conditional pick in 2012 is all it took? The Packers couldnt' part with that? Really...

umphrey
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I really admire Ted Thompson but sometimes he really screws things up.

BloodBrother
10-05-2010, 03:12 PM
It is risky, but by all accounts, Starks is running full speed, and he has been in EVERY RB meeting and knows the playbook since all he could really do during training camp was studying up. Grant didn't really make his impact until around midseason in 2007, perhaps Starks can do the same.

I will say this, I do like the idea of running the ball with Kuhn LATE in the 4th to run out the clock. By that point, most defenses are tired, and Kuhn is a big mofo. Seems like he'd be more effective eating up the clock in that stage in the game with his North/South running.

I'm upset that they missed out on Lynch at that price(which was cheap) but I still am not too worried, yet. It is early, and how a team looks now vs later is usually vastly different.

PackerLegend
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
How are you not to worried? Are running game has been ****ing awful. No 4th rounder will be better then Lynch immediately and they could completely ****ing blow. We don't need that 4th round pick in 2011 but we desperately need a capable ****ing RB and now. I used to like what TT was doing but lately I like him less and less. I don't understand what these 2 ****ing morons are thinking. I have seen enough to know that are RB's ****ing blow and apparently they think something miraculous while happen and Jackson will become good.

BloodBrother
10-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not worried because the Packers are scoring the 5th most points per game so far in the NFL, and that is with the passing offense not really hitting on all cylinders(their strength).

Colts have been getting by without a run game for years, and in 2008 both the Steelers and Cardinals had 2 of the worst rushing offenses in the league. I'm more worried about the defensive injuries and how easily the Packers were carved up over the middle by Detroit...and how we don't have another rusher opposite clay, than I am about the offense/run game to be honest. The offense will score points, and they proved that when they DO want to run, they were able to late in the game vs Detroit. The D and ST especially are more important

PackerLegend
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
It would be nice to be able to run consistently and only make this offense more dangerous. It would also be nice to control the ball so our defense isnt on the field so much when its already fairly vulnerable and has mounting injuries. Seahawks 4th round pick should obviously be better then ours still it will be terrible disappointing if we don't try and find anyone at all. An your right the defense and special teams is more important as we will probably watch them get gashed many more times ahead. We had a chance to get an immediate upgrade and at a price we could easily afford to lose. Why not try and upgrade a position that could use a boost.

BloodBrother
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM
They controlled the ball just fine vs Chicago and they were unable to run worth a damn in that game. ST and penalties were the problem there

I'm not worrying about the run game right now, as the team is 3-1 and its a long way away from dec/january. They either are wanting to see what Nance can do, or perhaps STarks, or maybe they search for other options. Deadline is 2 weeks away

J-Mike88
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM
How are you not to worried? Are running game has been ****ing awful. No 4th rounder will be better then Lynch immediately and they could completely ****ing blow. We don't need that 4th round pick in 2011 but we desperately need a capable ****ing RB and now. I used to like what TT was doing but lately I like him less and less. I don't understand what these 2 ****ing morons are thinking. I have seen enough to know that are RB's ****ing blow and apparently they think something miraculous while happen and Jackson will become good.

^^^ This ^^^.

I don't think Starks will ever stay healthy. Even if he does, you'd have had:
-Marshawn
-Starks
-Jackson on 3rd downs, which is where he belongs.

And for a 4th rounder next year, and a conditional pick? For a 1st-round talent at RB? Who actually wanted to come to Green Bay unlike a lot of other players?

*****ng puzzling.
TT's built us a good team, but as he did in Seattle, it was always good, never great enough to take that final step.

Are we the next Chargers? Team good every year, but never can get to the big game?

J-Mike88
10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Well if that's all it took to get Marshawn Lynch, then it won't cost that much (what I had in the survey) to get DeAngelo Williams.

As mad as me and PackerLegend feel now over watching Lynch pass over us from NY to Seattle, I would do a 180 and be that happy if we got DeAngelo Williams.

Anyone here expect that to happen?

dokhogg
10-05-2010, 08:20 PM
^^^ This ^^^.

And for a 4th rounder next year, and a conditional pick? For a 1st-round talent at RB? Who actually wanted to come to Green Bay unlike a lot of other players?

I have never seen anything that said Lynch wanted to come to Green Bay.

I have seen that Rodgers has lobbied for him. Lynch was unhappy in Buffalo....too small for him....I would bet he didn't want to come to GB.

PackerLegend
10-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Maybe it was actually the fact the Bills suck? I don't know what type of relationship he and Rodgers had but it was probably decent. I don't see what's great about Seattle? Most be the cold and constant rain.

BloodBrother
10-05-2010, 08:38 PM
No I don't see Deangelo coming here because he would cost MORE and would be in a diminished role here. If the packers were gonna get a RB they would have gone for the cheaper/decent route in Lynch. Who knows, there might still be others out there

J-Mike88
10-05-2010, 08:57 PM
I have never seen anything that said Lynch wanted to come to Green Bay.

I have seen that Rodgers has lobbied for him. Lynch was unhappy in Buffalo....too small for him....I would bet he didn't want to come to GB.
I was referring to when he was in Green Bay for a pre-draft visit and people expected us to take him with pick #16. But Buffalo took him earlier.