PDA

View Full Version : Which Interior OL prospect would you pick in the 1st?

JohnCandy
09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Which of these OLmen would you take if your biggest need was interior OL and they were all available for you in the 1st round.

OG Rodney Hudson [Florida St]

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/files/2010/07/0707rodneyhudson.jpg

C Mike Pouncey [Florida]

http://www.gatorcountry.com/images/uploads/football/PounceyMike_100101_3891_TCasey.jpg

OG Marcus Cannon [TCU]

http://www.acelayouts.com/uploads/images/2009-07-15/p357M7iwI6.jpg

SenorGato
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Kris O'Dowd.

Of these 3 I'd probably take Hudson, but I'm not in love with any of these guys.

A Perfect Score
09-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Im with Gato, I'd take O'Dowd ahead of all 3 of them, and by a significant amount as well. That said, I'm a fan of Rodney Hudson myself.

RealityCheck
09-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Of these three, I'd take Cannon, but my first choices would have been O'Dowd, Wisniewski and Claiborne.

Babylon
09-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Kris O'Dowd.

Of these 3 I'd probably take Hudson, but I'm not in love with any of these guys.

I agree and i'd also throw in another guy from up the coast in David DeCastro (g) Stanford, not sure if he'd come out being a rs soph but he's a beast.

Don Vito
09-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah I like O'Dowd the best.

BeerBaron
09-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Depends on a lot for me. Assuming Hudson's height and weight are accurate, he isn't going to be big enough to play G in the pros unless he goes into a ZBS scheme. If he moves to center, I like him better.

Pouncey I like, but he's been awful at snapping the ball. He's a guy I'd prefer to see go to my Bears because of his versatility to play G as well....maybe work on snapping it to get that under control and he can be our future C.

Cannon is a huge dude who will beast for a team like Dallas where they love them some huge lineman. I don't know if he's first round worthy though....

K Train
09-30-2010, 06:22 PM
id love pouncey2 on the steelers to pair up with our pouncey<3 (sorry i cant type his name without a little heart next to it no ****)

theyve played together their whole life, thats serious chemistry and we need a RG.

but cannon is probably the best player out of them, probably as a RT though...hes be a mauler at guard though

Day One Pick
09-30-2010, 07:07 PM
O'Dowd or Brewster, that's about it for me. Hudson is close, many teams will like him but he's not my type of guard.

BuddyCHRIST
09-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Hudson probably projects to Center in the pro's, he has experience at the position and it should be a smooth transition.

SenorGato
09-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Pouncey has a G's body. I think he can be a pretty good starting RG.

AntoinCD
10-01-2010, 05:32 AM
I wouldnt take any of them in the first round but I love Pouncey as a guard at the top end of the second. I think playing at OC is hurting his draft stock but I think he is just a tier below his brother as a prospect. I would love him on the Patriots. Also to echo the sentiments of quite a few posters I would take O'Dowd over all 3 of these prospects.

regoob2
10-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't see any going in the first.

RalphX19X
10-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I like them all but in the end I believe John Moffitt will be the best interior line man in the class.

Shane P. Hallam
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Is none an option? I like Hudson and Pouncey, but wouldn't take them in the first.

GatorsBullsFan
10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Pouncey is ur guy. Mike is not a center and I assume this will be his only year at center. He is a Excellent OG and any NFL team is going to see him as a guard. He has the speed on the pull out to be great for any RB in the league. Don't judge Mike at Center because he will not be a center in the NFL.

Grizzlegom
10-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I'd go with none. Stefen Wisniewski is the only interior lineman I'd even consider and that would be in the 26-32 range.

RaiderNation
10-01-2010, 02:56 PM
O'Dowd and Wisniewski are rated higher than all 3 of them IMO. If I had to pick id go with Pouncey I guess though

MaxV
10-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Wisniewski has been nothing special so far this season.

I think he projects much better at Center then at Guard.

keylime_5
10-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I haven't seen any senior centers worthy of a first round pick. Granted I haven't watched any of O'Dowd this season but last season he disappointed me. Hudson is a stud but kinda undersized for a first round OG.

LizardState
10-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Of these three, I'd take Cannon, but my first choices would have been O'Dowd, Wisniewski and Claiborne.

Me too. I like O'Dowd as a pure center on a team that needs one (like Dallas). Just about everybody on the Cowboys pg. is gaga over Wisniewski who's versatility & buzz will have him climbing up boards all over. Draft stock arrow pointing up for O'Dowd & Wisniewski now.

Pouncey I like, but he's been awful at snapping the ball.
Baron is dead right there, he effed up several times at Alabama last Saturday. Draft stock arrow pointing down.