PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Jacory Harris and...

stephenson86
10-02-2010, 12:07 PM
**** it I'm going deep.

Gotta say, this guy has some great tools but the constant deep ball is going to kill him when it comes to the draft. Watching this game is making me cringe, feel bad for the guy.

How much do you reckon his stock will plummet this season?

BigBanger
10-02-2010, 12:29 PM
First... I don't think he has great tools. They might epitomize the term "average."

Second... he is not highly regarded to have a stock that plummets.

Third... He thought he was going to be a Heisman finalist. That was funny.

Just watch Andre Ellington, DaQuan Bowers and DeAndre McDaniel.

EDIT: Another terrible INT as I make this reply. What a shocker.

thebow305
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM
He makes too many stupid mistakes still. Three years in and he still makes the same stupid ass mistakes. Kid just isn't learning.

This coming from a VERY frustrated Canes fan.

Hurricanes25
10-02-2010, 12:35 PM
He just doesn't seem to care about interceptions. He really does have the **** it, I'm going deep mentality. But hey, at least he'll never be called captain checkdown.

thebow305
10-02-2010, 12:44 PM
He just doesn't seeme to care about interceptions. He really does have the **** it, I'm going deep mentality. But hey, at least he'll never be called captain checkdown.

That's for DAMN sure!! Truer words were never spoken.

shylo3716
10-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm about to make a poll thread

metafour
10-02-2010, 02:10 PM
But hey, at least he'll never be called captain checkdown.

You're right; he'll be called Captain CFL.

BuddyCHRIST
10-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't know why he's even being discussed on this board, he's a late rounder at best to me. Very average tools, average arm strength, not a running threat, super skinny. He makes very poor decisions very often, but Miami lets him go for broke alot so he still puts up decent overall stats. He's shown a couple instances where he's been cool under pressure, but he's also played poor in big games.

metafour
10-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't know why he's even being discussed on this board, he's a late rounder at best to me. Very average tools, average arm strength, not a running threat, super skinny. He makes very poor decisions very often, but Miami lets him go for broke alot so he still puts up decent overall stats. He's shown a couple instances where he's been cool under pressure, but he's also played poor in big games.

Also playing with a great cast of receivers.

PrimetimeTheDon
10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
**** it I'm going deep.

Lol'd.

Gotta say, this guy has some great tools but the constant deep ball is going to kill him when it comes to the draft. Watching this game is making me cringe, feel bad for the guy.

How much do you reckon his stock will plummet this season?
I'd say he's a 6-7th round pick. Reminds me of that kid out at Texas A&M, sometimes he looks like a 1st rounder, others he looks undraftable.

djp
10-03-2010, 12:51 PM
His stock is definitely trending downwards. He just doesn't seem to A. grasp the intricacies of defensive positioning and B. understand how weak his arm really is.

RealityCheck
10-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Jacory has the potential. He just needs to learn how to work on that.

ElectricEye
10-03-2010, 01:09 PM

I was a believer at first, but I'm starting to lean that way. He'll probably be a 4th or 5th rounder when he comes out.

RaiderNation
10-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I was thinking maybe a 3rd or 2nd rounder if he had a great season this year. But the way he is playing I wouldnt draft him til the 5th

etk
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
It's not just the way he's playing...he's not a good pro prospect regardless. He gets away with throwing ducks into traffic because we have amazing receivers and the college game is slow. He doesn't have the zip to be a starter in the NFL, not to mention the pocket presence, decision making, etc.

He has the potential to be a great college QB but we have no backup so he knows he can get away with chucking the ball deep and shrugging his shoulders when it gets intercepted. Next year he can be a Heisman contender if he's more careful with the ball, but even then I wouldn't touch him until the 6th at the earliest.

BuddyCHRIST
10-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't even see the potential people talk about, his physical tools are like a poor man's Alex Smith. He's tall, thats about it.

ElectricEye
10-03-2010, 11:28 PM
I never really bought into him as a pro so much as being an extremely productive college player that gets overdrafted. I thought he could force himself into Colt McCoy territory stock wise.

holt_bruce81
10-04-2010, 02:32 AM
I never really liked him as a prospect, but I probably haven't seen as many games as some of you have. I don't think he has the arm to be a successful nfl QB.

fenikz
10-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Hi I'm Jacory Harris and I like to party

vidae
10-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi I'm Jacory Harris and I like to party

No, I know for a fact that you've never partied!

Bengals78
10-04-2010, 11:24 AM
No, I know for a fact that you've never partied!

You cant say that, that was mine.

Miaoww
10-05-2010, 07:36 AM
He's the difference between this Miami team being a national title contender or not.

There's so much talent on both sides of the ball, but the QB play is holding them back.

I wouldn't draft him when he comes out. He doesn't have an NFL arm. He has the mentality you look for in a QB - i.e. that the last bad play never happened and he's going to challenge the defence, but he doesn't have the arm to back it up.

San Diego Chicken
10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
If he physically made his whole body stronger, his arm strength could come around...

I think he has the ability to be a pretty good backup. The best backups are the ones that aren't afraid to sling it. Rosenfels, Volek, Wallace, I think teams like having them as relief pitchers because they force the action.