PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn (JR)

metafour
10-02-2010, 12:08 PM
No idea how he doesn't have a thread yet. Leads the SEC and sacks and tackles for loss. Tall, explosive. If he stays for his SR year he may be the best DT in the country next year.

Day One Pick
10-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I like him a lot. In fact, I really like watching Auburn's defense. I think Fairley is a fringe 1st rounder right now, and keeps moving up. He's scheme diversive and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-4 team grab him fairly early. I currently rank him 39th overall.

Something that is refreshing to see from him is his motor. So many of the top DL prospects lately have questionable motors or reputations of taking plays off. Fairly is full tilt every play.

draftguru151
10-02-2010, 01:10 PM
He's the greatest football player ever. Seriously.

bored of education
10-02-2010, 01:12 PM
His motor this year has been good. But his work ethic is something scouts have questioned. I havent seen it yet.

He is almost as great of a prospect as Antoine Cason.

bigfreak314
10-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I remember that Auburn vs MSST on Thursday night. He quite simply, took over the game.

lowlife
10-02-2010, 02:54 PM
ESPN heart throb

critesy
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
love him. 1st overall. nick > suh ;)

TACKLE
10-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I was actually going to make this thread earlier today. Fairley has been the most dominant D-Lineman in college football this season. His first step and explosiveness are second to none in college football. He has impressive power and actually uses his hands well to disengage. I'm not sure there is a more talented DT in college football. The impression I got from things I've read is that his coaches is they felt that if he put it together and brought it consistently, he would be a dominant force - and he certainly has been that this year. If he can continue to play at this level, I see no reason why he can't be a top 15 pick this year.

SenorGato
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I see no reason to think of him as a top 15 pick, but he's a legit talent. It's a good thing to see Cameron Heyward getting some competition.

Hopefully in a few weeks one of these is made for Christian Ballard.

TACKLE
10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I see no reason to think of him as a top 15 pick, but he's a legit talent.

Why not?

Is his lack of size, athleticism, explosiveness, production or level of competition that's holding him back? Or is it the fact the he has outplayed every DT in the country?

lowlife
10-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Has a shot of being drafted higher than Clayborn, he'll be a fast riser as the season goes along and through the post-season draft process.

But from the small amount I've seen of Fairley, I've been very impressed.
Once again, a small sampling.

metafour
10-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Strong athleticism...

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%2Fgettyphoto%2F2010%5C10%5C16%5CGYI006 2075719.jpg

SenorGato
10-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Why not?

Is his lack of size, athleticism, explosiveness, production or level of competition that's holding him back? Or is it the fact the he has outplayed every DT in the country?

Oh because I'm not locking anybody into anything right now...He and Ballard are still my favorite 3-4 DE prospects in this draft.

prock
10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Well you just locked him as not a top 15 pick

bruschis4all
10-18-2010, 08:11 AM
I have 6 DL in my Top 15. Dareus, Heyward, Quinn, Clayborn, Fairley and D. Bowers. Can prob put A. Smith (If he declares) in there too to make it 7. Are there any OL you have rated ahead of those 7? I don't. Strange year. There are some other pretty good ones too like; C.Ballard, C.Jordan,A. Bailey and D. Nevis. Double-digit 1st rounders by DL? Sure looks that way.

nofalcons10
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
i love the kid.

he's #1 on my wishlist for next year. a NT that can rush the passer like he can is a very rare thing. i want him for the saints but he might end up going top ten.

Halsey
11-15-2010, 08:33 AM
9e3PHGyHk9k

I swear my back hurts just from watching that. Fairley is a beast, but in the NFL he won't get away with some of the stuff he did in the UGA game. Does anyone know if dirty plays are a normal thing from Fairley?

hockey619
11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Ive seen auburn play 3 full games but idk i cant really remember too much, must be like mcmahon and suffering from concussions bs.

i know fairley gets a lot of hits on the qb and plays very aggressive and i think hes had a few, but he played very dirty against uga. lots of late hits, though they did cut block him a few times and got caught, wonder if that pissed him off or something...

but that shot to murray was rediculous, he had a few more too where he wouldve gotten fined in the nfl thats for sure.

DaBrowns41
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
I see no reason to think of him as a top 15 pick, but he's a legit talent. It's a good thing to see Cameron Heyward getting some competition.

Ballard may rise up and go before guys like Cam Heyward and Adrian Clayborn to play 34 DE, or 43 UT. Ballard is a real stud.

critesy
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
that first one was just awful. thats for sure a big fine in the nfl. but the second one he couldnt really do much.. seeing as he got blocked into him essentially.

wonderbredd24
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
slightly less talented version of Gerald McCoy, but without quite the resume. Assuming he tests reasonably well, no reason he can't go in the Top 10.