PDA

View Full Version : Is TE a possibility in the Draft?

eaglesalltheway
03-19-2007, 03:11 PM
With the recent signings, do you think it is possible that the Eagles may draft a TE?

eaglesalltheway
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
My vote was for if the FO thinks they will be unable to re-sign LJ, but lets see what everyone else thinks.

bsaza2358
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I vote yes. Anything is a possibility. This front office has gone against traditional methods and has made picks that baffle or surprise us all the time. Given Schobel's average production last season and LJ's contract situation, I can't rule out the team taking a TE in any round.

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 03:36 PM
It's a possibility but I'm sure it'll be a Day 2

eaglesalltheway
03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I actually think we could take one on day one depending on how the draft works out.

Go_Eagles77
03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
If Ben Patrick falls to us in rd 3 I'd take him in a heartbeat, I'd also seriously consider it in the 2nd, it may not be the most glaring need right now but if LJ hits FA it will be by far our biggest need. The contract Daniel Graham got may have really hurt us with LJ because when he sees that, he's gonna want that and more.

jonbrodo17
03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
youre definately right about that daniel graham deal. I have always been a guy who didn't really like LJ Smith because he fumbles a lot and i just think we can get a better target for donovan...thoughts?

brat316
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes he does fumble if he held that ball just a little closer to his body he would improve by a lot lol, that why he carrys taht rock he thinks its actually a rock leaving it dangling to get stripped, he does have nice runs though when he gets the ball

Yeah i think he is gonig to want a big contract becuase somone like Graham who is older gets a big contract i think hes like im younger and better i should get a even bigger one

eaglesalltheway
03-20-2007, 06:30 AM
With what Graham got this year, I think LJ will be looking for something like that next year, but he won't get it. I would like the idea of drafting Ben Patrick in the third if he is available, he is the most balanced TE in the draft. My freind's uncle is the HC at Delaware, and I was told that Patrick is a terrific player and person, exactly what this FO likes in a prospect. I saw a brief example of this in his "First Draft" on NFL Network. They asked him what he is going to do with his first pay check, and he replied, "When I get hired, my mom retires." I would love to have a guy like him on our team. He is a good blocking TE, and he says he wants to improve all aspects of his game, so he can become better. And if we would manage to re-sign LJ next year, we could have one nasty two TE set.

ihatephilly
03-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Theres a guy Kevin Boss out of Western Oregon that the Eagles have been rumored to have interest in. He could go any where from 3rd to 6th.

http://www.wouwolves.com/fb/releases/2006-07/release.php?incurl=031607proday

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Interesting, I will have to do some research on him. I expect he will be closer to the sixth round range.

Big Mike
03-23-2007, 04:14 PM
LJ and Schobel are good enough but i guess a Blocking TE is needed more

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2007, 04:26 PM
But LJ may be gone in next year's FA, and I am pretty sure we wouldn't want Schobel as our starting TE. Plus, we all know how our FO drafts a year or two in advance anyway.

ihatephilly
03-24-2007, 04:11 AM
Interesting, I will have to do some research on him. I expect he will be closer to the sixth round range.

I would say 4th 5th myself. He had 13 teams at his pro day. His stock is on the rise thats why I say 3-6. Some team may value him very high, and want to snag him around 3rd or 4th.

ihatephilly
03-24-2007, 04:13 AM
LJ is good enough for this year. But the Eagles need a TE for the future and LJ is not it. If the Eagles wanted LJ back, they would have signed him by now. Unless he has a major breakout season and really puts himself in the top tier of TE's, he's gone. Or if he decides to sign for less $, which is something the Eagles love.

eaglesalltheway
03-24-2007, 09:59 AM
If Donovan is able to stay healthy all year. LJ will have a much better year than his two previous ones. Hopefully that will occur and we will be able to re-sign LJ half way through the year to an extension.

Ahf112
04-28-2007, 07:54 AM
I'd say there's a fairly good chance we'll take one in the whole draft, probobly not in the first day. But the Eagles tend to surprise, so maybe if he drops we'll end up with Greg Olsen.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2007, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't mind him, but a lot of our top players on our board would have to be gone.