PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday Thread: Week 6

Pages : [1] 2 3

draftguru151
10-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Discuss all week 6 games.

Troy/Mid Tenn on Tuesday. UAB/UCF Wednesday. Nebraska/KSU Thursday. UConn/Rutgers on Friday. Hooooooray weekday football.

Some big games this week. BC/NC State, Indiana/OSU and Tenn/UGA are the early games (bleh). Bama @ SCar, Sparty @ Michigan, Arky vs TAMU and Clemson @ UNC are the afternoon games. LSU @ UF and FSU @ Miami should have the state rocking late. USC/Stanford is also a solid late match up.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/6

wonderbredd24
10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
It is really difficult to predict anything with this Michigan-Michigan State game.

Are either of these teams legitimate? Hard to say honestly.

Luck v. USC should be fun

thenewfeature06
10-04-2010, 11:36 AM
I am pretty sure we have Clemson at home...

but I don't see us winning even though Deunta Williams will be back.

Smooth Criminal
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm excited to see Michigan and Michigan State. Hard to get a read on michigan state after they barely beat Notre Dame and then go on to beat Wisconsin.

It's gonna be a huge win for one of those teams.

RealityCheck
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
We have a chance against Clemson. It's at home and we played really, really well against ECU.

P-L
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I think Michigan/Michigan State is going to be a "the last team to have the ball wins" game.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
SCAR is bound to get ROLLED...glad we got two weeks to prepare, at least. I dont think it will matter.

hawkeye123
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Can't wait to see Stanford smash USC again.

Giantsfan1080
10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm hoping Rutgers bounces back in a huge way to start off Big East play.

RealityCheck
10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm totally rooting for SCar. I mean, they are a talented team and may have a serious shot.

thenewfeature06
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah SCAR has one of the best teams they have had in awile I think, I am not saying they will win by any means but I can see something like..

31-17 Bama (respectable)

Sniper
10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Denard Robinson...that is all.

critesy
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
auburn has a big game @ kentucky, see if they can rebound from a loss last year vs them.

NotRickJames
10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
I'll be watching Troy vs. Middle Tennessee State tonight. Can a draft guru school me on anyone I should keep an eye on in this game, even a prospect who could be taken as late as the seventh round?

Shane P. Hallam
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll be watching Troy vs. Middle Tennessee State tonight. Can a draft guru school me on anyone I should keep an eye on in this game, even a prospect who could be taken as late as the seventh round?

One name, Jerrel Jernigan.

lowlife
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Bye week before The Denards.

Seeing him against semi decent defensive talent like Greg Jones and Jerel Worthy will be interesting. It will either give me conviction going into next week or night terrors and a return to heavy drinking heavily.

keylime_5
10-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Michigan State/Wisconsin is usually a crazy game and last week it was again. MSU/UM is always a crazy game too (especially since Dantonio has been coach) I think that one is back and forth and very close.

iowatreat54
10-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Bye week before The Denards.

Seeing him against semi decent defensive talent like Greg Jones and Jerel Worthy will be interesting. It will either give me conviction going into next week or night terrors and a return to heavy drinking heavily.

Cheers. I won't be able to sleep all next week. Heavy drinking will dull my senses enough, I hope. Thank god it's a 230 start.

RealityCheck
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Tune in to ESPN2 now for The Jerrel Jernigan Show.

LetsGoGiants!
10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Can't wait for LSU vs FU. Gonna be a great game. Hope Lee starts instead of Jefferson.

Brent
10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Arkansas is going to rape us, Jerramy Stevens-esque (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html), too.

LizardState
10-06-2010, 10:13 AM
MSU/UM is always a crazy game too (especially since Dantonio has been coach) I think that one is back and forth and very close.

Hasn't MSU beaten Michigan like 4 out of the last 5 yrs? And the Spartans never matched up with the Wolverines talent wise.

They could do a Win One for the Gipper type rally for D'Antonio. Never underestimate the power of the hospitalized/near death experience for a team member for a Gipperesque win in college FB....

Coming off the big game hoopla with Florida, the Crimson Tide could be going into South Carolina for a hangover trap game. You could see Steve Superior smirking in his press conference Tuesday, & doing a knobslobber all over the Tide & its fearsome reputation, "we're so honored to have them come in here..."

What crap, I've heard it before from him & not buying it. He's still a Gator at heart & the alligator is an ambush predator (LizardState knows his SEC reptiles). Saban & Smart will keep one eye each on Alshon Jeffrey, he & Lattimore are the keys if they're gong to pull off the upset & burn Bama, Garcia isn't as scary as they say, his receivers make him look better than he is. And I don't think they can block Dareus, who is better than most 100% pass rushers with a bad ankle. I think Coach Superior will mix it up & move Garcia around to buy time but if they fall behind early & have to pass playing catchup vs. a young but Saban-coached secondary it could be another Bama pick party.

Sniper
10-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Hasn't MSU beaten Michigan like 4 out of the last 5 yrs?

No, not even close. Michigan won the previous six games before MSU's mini-streak of two.

iowatreat54
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
No, not even close. Michigan won the previous six games before MSU's mini-streak of two.

And prior to that 6 game win streak I believe was a completely brilliant play call of Jeff Smoker to TJ Duckett. Oh, and there was absolutely no home field advantage in the last seconds for that game either......

Sniper
10-06-2010, 11:48 AM
And prior to that 6 game win streak I believe was a completely brilliant play call of Jeff Smoker to TJ Duckett. Oh, and there was absolutely no home field advantage in the last seconds for that game either......

*grumblegrumble* Spartan Bob *grumblegrumble*

I wish I could somehow spend a day inside LizardState's head, just observing stuff. That's got to be a fascinating place.

ironman4579
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM

I wish I could somehow spend a day inside LizardState's head, just observing stuff. That's got to be a fascinating place.

I think it'd be like living in a Philip K. Dick novel..............

BuckeyeDan17
10-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Ohio State's secondary is going to be tested against IU's passing attack.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop 24 on us.

LizardState
10-06-2010, 01:56 PM

That's what I get for believing what ESPN says on the air as facts.

I see Sniper & the high road without the ad hominum attacks are still strangers, clinging to the Bama oversignings, as if Saban would turn away scholarship-worthy talent just b/c it would be the fair thing to do, like a drowning man to a straw. Complete dominance of college FB right now by stomping the guts out of opponents, so of course Saban has to be cheating. You do realize that when a team is doing very well & owning its conference, the blue chips solicit them b/c y'see my peabrain friend, in college players get to pick who they want to play for. Coaches are invited to their homes for those interviews, they can only be penalized for soliciting players who are already on scholarship or attending another school elsewhere.

Players flock to winning programs, that's the way it is. That's the opposite of places like, say Michigan, where they are running away to other schools like there was an airborne virus.

JoeJoeBrown
10-06-2010, 02:28 PM

I see Sniper & the high road without the ad hominum attacks are still strangers, clinging to the Bama oversignings, as if Saban would turn away scholarship-worthy talent just b/c it would be the fair thing to do, like a drowning man to a straw. Complete dominance of college FB right now by stomping the guts out of opponents, so of course Saban has to be cheating. You do realize that when a team is doing very well & owning its conference, the blue chips solicit them b/c y'see my peabrain friend, in college players get to pick who they want to play for. Coaches are invited to their homes for those interviews, they can only be penalized for soliciting players who are already on scholarship or attending another school elsewhere.

Players flock to winning programs, that's the way it is. That's the opposite of places like, say Michigan, where they are running away to other schools like there was an airborne virus.

Oversigning is morally empty. A kid signs on with the school with the intent of getting a four - five year scholarship. Getting cut for injuries or for not being good enough in order to clear room for an incoming freshman is ridiculous and amoral.

This is not professional football, this amateur sports. These are college kids. You know, they are still supposed to be students, right? That might blow your mind, but most of the rest of the sports playing students in college attend class and have to actually be able to read and write and study.

If you'd like to have your team join the UFL, so be it. The rules will be changed to stop this short of bs. The amount of kids you should be able to bring in should be determined on the day that kids declare for the NFL.

85 - Seniors - NFL declarees - transfers - drop outs = Scholarship total.

Granted, that means people like Saban will just cut people earlier to free up more ships. But at least the kids will know before the first day of summer camp. And the risk for Saban will be greater since the limit is determined before LOI day.

Babylon
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM

I'd just like to get some of that good stuff he's smoking.

draftguru151
10-06-2010, 09:51 PM
UCF domination yaaaaaaaaay.

V.I.P
10-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Denard Robinson will pass, and rush for 200 yards again this week. You heard it here first.

jayceheathman
10-07-2010, 04:57 AM
New Mexico State plays University of New Mexico for the rights to be named the worst college football team in the country. UNM is dead last in defense and NMSU is second to last.

M.O.T.H.
10-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I think either Eastern Michigan or Western Kentucky still wear that crown.

Eastern Michigan is 3-26 over the last three years. They're playing better this year, but have still lost 17 in a row.

Western Kentucky is 2-26 over the last three years. And have lost 24 in a row.

LOL. I remember when the Gamecocks went winless...that's actually the year I became a fan.

Sniper
10-07-2010, 07:30 AM

Instead of falsely blaming ESPN, just admit you make **** up. If you really heard it on ESPN, post a link to the video.

the ad hominum attacks are still strangers

It's not an attack if it's accurate. Also, if you're going to try to use big words, spell them correctly.

as if Saban would turn away scholarship-worthy talent just b/c it would be the fair thing to do, like a drowning man to a straw.

Right. How silly of me to think that Saban would not be a scumbag.

b/c y'see my peabrain friend

Again, to try and sound smart, try spelling correctly. Someone that you consider to have a peabrain would be peabrained. Didn't teach you that in SEC country?

That's funny. I don't remember Ohio State oversigning. I don't remember Florida reaching the same levels of oversigning as Bama. Boise State doesn't oversign. Texas and Oklahoma don't oversign. Maybe it's just because those coaches aren't scumbags who circumvent the rules. A lot of teams could be better if they trimmed the fat every year. Some of them just choose not to be pieces of ****.

iowatreat54
10-07-2010, 11:29 AM
I remember a story I think before last season about Clemson on ESPN. There was a kid on Clemson who was going to be a 5th year senior. He wasn't a huge contributor, but he had been with the team for 4 years going on 5. Also I think either his first or 2nd year he became legal guardian for his younger brother that was like 10. So in addition to all the work being a student athlete, he was also taking care of his little brother, and by all means was a model student-athlete and just a great person.

Just before his 5th year, Tommy Bowden went to him to inform him that because he oversigned the incoming class, that this player could no longer be on the team. I don't know how they did it, if they forced a medical RS or whatever on him, but they essentially told the player to **** off. I lost all respect for Tommy Bowden and Clemson after this.

Point being, it isn't just winning programs doing this. You can pretty up a piece of **** by sticking flowers in it, but in the end it's still a piece of ****.

draftguru151
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Big stop by Nebraska on 4th down after K State had a nice drive.

Razor
10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah, but that was a horrible call anyways. If you're going to run the ball then hand it of to Thomas.

TitansCJftw
10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
first time watching nebraska this year that martinez qb is pretty damn fast

bwillie26
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Prince Amukamara has to be getting mad. Teams almost refuse to throw at him, and when they do, he usually makes them pay. Twice this year he has had INTs wiped away due to some weakkkk DPI calls.

TitansCJftw
10-07-2010, 08:29 PM
wow.......... 209 yds rushing on 13 attempts

bwillie26
10-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Funny thing is, if you watch Taylor, he makes some really bad reads on zone plays. Guy is constantly hunting for a big play and it really hinders the offense at times.

If he'd be willing to take 4-5 yard gains more often, he'd be an even better runner than he is now.

But do not understand how we couldn't run on South Dakota State, but have killed everyone else.

wicket
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I hope so much I feel all http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/3251/ndsmug.gif tomorrow

critesy
10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
****** love saturdays (even though its friday). that is all.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I think this is the first time I've seen Rutgers play since Ray Rice was there...

SickwithIt1010
10-08-2010, 07:38 PM
first time watching nebraska this year that martinez qb is pretty damn fast

Martinez is nasty.....******* nasty

TitanHope
10-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Tennessee and Georgia are playing this weekend.

You hear that? It's the sound of no one caring.

WELL I CARE!!!

scottyboy
10-09-2010, 12:10 AM
whooooooooooooo rutgers! eat it forenci!
crazy and intense game, wow

Forenci
10-09-2010, 01:06 AM
whooooooooooooo rutgers! eat it forenci!
crazy and intense game, wow

Meh, I really could care less. I've been telling GF all year that UConn isn't that good. I didn't expect to win today so it's not that big of a deal to me.

But congrats on being a below average team.

superman
10-09-2010, 06:57 AM
man is this justin blackmon guy not a good prospect? i don't see him on any rankings. but he looks like dez bryant for osu out there.

draftguru151
10-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Tennessee and Georgia are playing this weekend.

You hear that? It's the sound of no one caring.

WELL I CARE!!!

Between that game and LSU/UF the SEC is ready to show how craptastic they are this year.

djp
10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Gophers have some sick all white uniforms with white helmets on today.

thenewfeature06
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Gophers color scheme is pretty straight if you ask me...

330 ET - The Return Of That Guy

Deunta Williams

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Holy ****, Lance Kendricks just killed a gopher.

CameronCropper
10-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Jack Ramsey is an idiot.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 11:22 AM
How is a running back as big and strong as John Clay, yet his legs get touched and he instantly falls over? It's ridiculous.

yo123
10-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Wisconsin should have like twice as many rushing yards as they actually do. These holes are absolutely ridiculous.

We aren't winning a conference game this year.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Wisconsin should have like twice as many rushing yards as they actually do. These holes are absolutely ridiculous.

We aren't winning a conference game this year.

But will you score against Iowa? That's the real question...

yo123
10-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Probably not. But the Gophers have played themselves onto the Timberwolves level for me now where I can't bring myself to care enough to get emotionally invested anyway.

wicket
10-09-2010, 11:48 AM
that onside kick fail was one of the more funny things ive ever seen

CameronCropper
Illinois stops Penn St. on fourth down.

God knows how he did it, but Vic Koenning actually has this defense playing some good football.

djp
1st down: run
2nd down: run
3rd down: horrible pass play
4th down: go for it BECAUSE THIS TEAM WANTS TO BE AGGRESSIVE!!!!

CameronCropper
10-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Robert Bolden throws an ugly pass for a pick six and then throws a deep TD strike on the next play.

Talk about having a short memory.

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Justin Hunter is the motha' ******' truth!

wicket
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM
that onside kick fail was one of the more funny things ive ever seen

d4fv_yQ86D4

bearsfan_51
10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Minnesota has converted twice on 4th down, haven't turned the ball over, and are outgaining Wisconsin in yards.

The score? 14-3 Wisconsin.

Go Gophers...

djp
10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
d4fv_yQ86D4

R O F L oh man I'm dying over here

CameronCropper
10-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I wonder how much Jack Ramsey was paid to hand Penn State this game? That's the second punt he's muffed today deep in Illinois territory.

Thankfully both times the Nittany Lions have been held to a FG.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Wooo!! Gophers give me false hope again!!!

Haha...blocked extra point. Classic.

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Take Eric Gordon off return duties. That's the 2nd muffed punt today. 1st one led to a TD. This one will lead to points too. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, Vols.

princefielder28
10-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Cameron Heyward has been dominating Indiana's interior line

bored of education
10-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Cameron Heyward has been dominating Indiana's interior line

He does that often.

Posey is Miles Austin in diguise.

Razor
10-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Tennessee is just sucking hard today. And AJ Green is putting a lot of distance to the #2 WR prospect in this upcoming draft, he's a slower Randy Moss imo. If he doesn't declare he's a moron.

wonderbredd24
10-09-2010, 12:33 PM
He does that often.

Posey is Miles Austin in diguise.

I hope Posey gets his eyes fixed, but he's sort of the forgotten man out of this Junior WR class

bored of education
10-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Love listening to Chris Spielman in the booth. he is so awesome

wonderbredd24
10-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Tennessee is just sucking hard today. And AJ Green is putting a lot of distance to the #2 WR prospect in this upcoming draft, he's a slower Randy Moss imo. If he doesn't declare he's a moron.
I look at AJ Green as Brandon Marshall without the injury questions or being bat **** nuts, but it's funny how many people tried to make AJ Green anywhere but #1 in the receiver rankings

Smooth Criminal
10-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Nice first half for the buckeyes. I cant wait till the 330 games.

BeerBaron
10-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I look at AJ Green as Brandon Marshall without the injury questions or being bat **** nuts, but it's funny how many people tried to make AJ Green anywhere but #1 in the receiver rankings

I've had him at #1 since the preseason. Dude is just a beast.

Razor
10-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Idk about other people, but he's been my number 1 since the start of last season (Yes, ahead of Dez).

ThePudge
10-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Minnesota has converted twice on 4th down, haven't turned the ball over, and are outgaining Wisconsin in yards.

The score? 14-3 Wisconsin.

Go Gophers...

How's Jehwan Edwards looked? 6'1-6'2 330 Nose Tackle with a lot of athletic ability & impressive burst off the line of scrimmage. He never was the smartest, but he's not crunching numbers down there in the trenches. We were in the same high school class, when I met him he was probably 270 pounds. Had a huge frame & really filled it out through HS/college. Good athlete, big kid, possibly an NFL caliber talent if he can have some success in college.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Jewhan is a solid player. Always surprised he didn't get more offers.

scottyboy
10-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Meh, I really could care less. I've been telling GF all year that UConn isn't that good. I didn't expect to win today so it's not that big of a deal to me.

But congrats on being a below average team.

why must you kill these things?

it was an exciting game and we were led in a comeback by our tiny backup freshman QB. i had fun dammit

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 12:54 PM
How did PSU become so awful?

Bolden made a mistake on that pick 6, but it happens, especially when you are a true frosh. He's going to be a good QB in a few years, so I really hope PSU sucking doesn't force them to give up on him.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow, an option pass by Jason Ford for Illinois. Great play call. The Zook has finally figured out he can't coach and hired good coordinators. Good for him.

CameronCropper
10-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Jason Ford with the touchdown pass.

The way PSU's offense has looked so far I can't see them overturning a two touchdown lead anytime soon.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Jeez, it's not even halfway through the season and PSU fans are already bringing up how the Big Ten is out to get them, that the Big Ten refs don't want them to win, that they've been getting ****** by the Big Ten since they joined, etc.

PSU's victim card has been getting real old.

CameronCropper
10-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Must savour lopsided victory at Beaver Stadium.

Babylon
10-09-2010, 01:36 PM
When is the last time that Penn St., USC, Texas and Florida were all out of the top 25? I'm guessing the Kennedy administration.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2010, 01:37 PM
When is the last time that Penn St., USC, Texas and Florida were all out of the top 25? I'm guessing the Kennedy administration.
Florida is out of the top 25?!?!

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Must savour lopsided victory at Beaver Stadium.

I would say must appreciate a victory at Beaver Stadium...since this is the first time it's ever happened.

Illinois is just abusing PSU. That program is going to be a mess after this year when they force JoePa out.

LizardState
10-09-2010, 01:43 PM
330 ET - The Return Of That Guy

Deunta Williams

He's still my top safety in the upcoming draft, Rahim Moore about on the same tier & Mark Barron a couple of ticks behind. Williams is a classic ballhawk with fantabulous ball skills & doesn't miss tackles & will make an NFL team very happy.

Another off the radar player, maybe for 2012 b/c he's a true soph, QB Robert Griffin at Baylor, looking good vs. Texas Tech today in the Cotton Bowl. 21 all just before the half, not much defense in this game.

Not a run 1st, pass 2nd Vick clone kind of QB, has a good pocket presence if what the Baylor Bears are giving him could be called a pocket. He's a great player on a crappy team, keep your eye on Griffin.

V.I.P
10-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I just wish Green doesn't land a Buffalo or Cleveland. Hopefully he goeas to a team with a decent QB like Carolina or St. Louis.

Razor
10-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I just wish Green doesn't land a Buffalo or Cleveland. Hopefully he goeas to a team with a decent QB like Carolina or St. Louis.

Or New England... ;)

draftguru151
10-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Holy crap Tennessee is terrible. Buncha blow outs so far.

wicket
10-09-2010, 01:58 PM
big12 south defenses are apparently optional

Babylon
10-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Florida is out of the top 25?!?!

My bad. I guess i was penciling in a loss to LSU. I just noticed how soft their schedule really is. Would it kill them to play a tough non-conferance game?

BeerBaron
10-09-2010, 02:00 PM
My bad. I guess i was penciling in a loss to LSU. I just noticed how soft their schedule really is. Would it kill them to play a tough non-conferance game?

It would kill every national power. It's one of my biggest peeves with college football...

big12 south defenses are apparently optional

Been that way for years now.

wicket
10-09-2010, 02:02 PM
It would kill every national power. It's one of my biggest peeves with college football...

Been that way for years now.

only sec teams get away with it. Somehow they always get the whole: their in conference schedule iszzzzzz szzzzzzzzzo toughzzzzzzz that it doeszzzzznt matterzzzzzzz.

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey now! Only me and Voodoo can talk about how much the Vols are sucking!

Gotta give UGA credit though. They've executed perfectly at every opportunity...and UT gave them every opportunity. Two muffed punts by Eric Gordon in the 1st QTR, along with an INT in UT territory, gifted UGA with 17 points early. Combine that with how bad UT is and UGA playing perfectly, and we have the result that we do.

It's been hard to watch, so you guys shush!

LizardState
10-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Hey now! Only me and Voodoo can talk about how much the Vols are sucking!

Gotta give UGA credit though. They've executed perfectly at every opportunity...and UT gave them every opportunity. Two muffed punts by Eric Gordon in the 1st QTR, along with an INT in UT territory, gifted UGA with 17 points early. Combine that with how bad UT is and UGA playing perfectly, and we have the result that we do.

It's been hard to watch, so you guys shush!

TH, Lane Kiffin feels your pain...... not! Dooley is a good coach & will turn them around in Volunteerland, this yr is all about cleaning up Kiffin's mess.

Rumors out of the Deep South last wk were that if Richt didn't win this game he was history at UGA.

Babylon
10-09-2010, 02:15 PM

I expect the Niners to win some games but as of now the teams at the top of the draft look like Buffalo (QB), Cleveland (QB), Detroit (CB), leaving Carolina and New England lining up for a WR, that's how is see it.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't think Cleveland is a lock for a QB, honestly. Depends on if they like a guy.

wonderbredd24
10-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Cleveland - Jake Locker

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks Lizzy.

Yeah, people don't realize how many true freshmen, RS freshmen, and sophomores are starting or seeing serious playing time. At one point today, the Vols offense consisted of 6 freshmen.

But still, Georgia is terrible. They're just terrible. Richt was definitely coaching for his job today, but this was very embarrassing as a Vols fan.

CashmoneyDrew
10-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I hope Tyler Bray starts the final four games with us. Nothing against Simms because he's played well so far all things considered, but Bray is the future and with the season we're going to have we might as well let him get some starting experience early.

Justin Hunter is pretty cool too.

Razor
10-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I hope Tyler Bray starts the final four games with us. Nothing against Simms because he's played well so far all things considered, but Bray is the future and with the season we're going to have we might as well let him get some starting experience early.

Justin Hunter looks like a stud in the making. I came away pretty impressed with him, although I couldn't quite figure out what kind of speed he has. Do you have any idea about this? Bray looked good until he was in the RZ I think. After that, not so much. But he hasn't really got any experience, so I guess I'll give him that one..

Babylon
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM

That has to be tough for the faithful down there. When i think of Tennessee i think back to the John Majors, Reggie White, Willie Gault days. Proud tradition.

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Justin Hunter looks like a stud in the making. I came away pretty impressed with him, although I couldn't quite figure out what kind of speed he has. Do you have any idea about this? Bray looked good until he was in the RZ I think. After that, not so much. But he hasn't really got any experience, so I guess I'll give him that one..

He runs track and is an Olympic caliber long jumper. The dude can fly.

Razor
10-09-2010, 02:36 PM
He runs track and is an Olympic caliber long jumper. The dude can fly.

Well, I guess that puts to rest my concerns. I'm officially in the band wagon! :D I love big, athletic receivers.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Holy ****! Did you guys know they call Denard "Shoelace" because he doesn't tie his shoes???

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh Denard. You can't pass.

lowlife
10-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Turrble throw by Nard

BeerBaron
10-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Interception....no Heisman for Denardzz. Might as well put it on Pryor's mantle now. ;)

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Wait, that's Denard's 2nd INT? Who the hell could he have thrown a pick against before?

critesy
10-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Interception....no Heisman for Denardzz. Might as well put it on newton's mantle now. ;)
corrected that for ya.

tjsunstein
10-09-2010, 02:48 PM
14-0 WVU 5 minutes into the game.
UNLV is awful. This is why I didn't bother getting a ticket.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Lattimore BEASTA

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Lattimore BEASTA

I changed my pickem when I woke this morning to USCe. You guys better not let me down.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Lattimore for 6!!!!!

I hope they dont let you down Iowa. WOOT!

lowlife
10-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Bama down early again nuts magee

bored of education
10-09-2010, 02:55 PM
lattimore is amazing

critesy
10-09-2010, 02:57 PM
lattimore, love him every game except against AU

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Oh Denard. 2 easy touchdowns and you can't even come close to hitting a wide open WR.

wonderbredd24
10-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Robinson with 7 carries in that first quarter and Sparty can hit.

P-L
10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
That was a sick play by Ryan Van Bergen. Defense is playing surprisingly decent while the offense is struggling to get into a groove. Go figure.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:12 PM
That was a sick play by Ryan Van Bergen. Defense is playing surprisingly decent while the offense is struggling to get into a groove. Go figure.

It must be bizzaro Saturday.

I hope Michigan wins, but struggles to do so. It'll make me feel really good going into next week. Plus, I really don't want to see Sparty jizzing themselves over being the greatest evarrr.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Silly Alabama. Stephen Garcia can only be tackled by refs.

Holyyyyy ****. What a pass and catch. TOUCHDOWN GOOD GUYS!!!

M.O.T.H.
******* em up! ALSHON!

bearsfan_51
Ruh roh....

bored of education
A-JEFF!!! wooo

wicket
10-09-2010, 03:16 PM
manti might be a beast but he also is dense like a donkey sometimes :(

CashmoneyDrew
10-09-2010, 03:17 PM
That has to be tough for the faithful down there. When i think of Tennessee i think back to the John Majors, Reggie White, Willie Gault days. Proud tradition.

Or those 90s teams that were always great with the exception of Florida games. Hell, I'd even take the early 2000s teams right now that were always super talented but had let down 9-4 type seasons.

P-L
10-09-2010, 03:18 PM
3rd & 1

Let's run our 5'6" 175 lb running back right up the middle.

ironman4579
10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
It just blows my mind every time. Why even have big backs if you're going to use your smallest (by far) RB in short yardage? Did Mike Cox punch Rod's wife? Did Stephen Hopkins knock up his daughter? I don't get it.

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Well, I guess that puts to rest my concerns. I'm officially in the band wagon! :D I love big, athletic receivers.

fmxV7M4EYLY

<333

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Aaaaaand there's the Michigan defense we know.

Sparty smash.

princefielder28
State on the board, what a run!

draftguru151
Edwin Baker!!!!!!

lowlife
10-09-2010, 03:22 PM
There's that m&b defense I know and love

P-L
10-09-2010, 03:22 PM
What an epic fail. Our offense needs to get going now, or this game is over.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Gamecocks ball! This is unreal.

Damn this is gonna hurt, when they blow this game. lol.

ironman4579
10-09-2010, 03:24 PM
That TD is a direct result of not getting the first on 3rd and 1.

On a side note, how the hell does Cam Gordon not ever cause any fumbles or anything? He hits people so hard, it just shocks me.

lowlife
10-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Who buttered up Lattimore?

M.O.T.H.
Wow, Lattimore's balance is ridiculous.

iowatreat54
Lattimore ruins like 5 pairs of my pants a game.

Hahahaha roll tide, roll...

M.O.T.H.
Alshon!!!!

Garcia is carving them up.

lowlife
10-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Waaaaaaooooo

Bama is getting early raped again NUTS TO THE MAX SON

CashmoneyDrew
I thought SC could beat Bama but not rout them.

Alshon Jeffrey is a beast.

hawkeye123
**** YA!!!

Lets go Southern Car!!!!!!

FuzzyGopher
10-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Mallett is so horribly inconsistent. One minute he throws a gorgeous TD and the next he throws a pick that leaves you scratching your head. And if Alabama loses it is only going to give Boise a better shot at getting to the title game which is *** as ****.

bored of education
I would let Alshon tie me up in his basement and use me as oh nevermind ohhh yess ooo i likes

P-L
That will be Stephen Hopkins' only carry for the next three games.

And Denard throws a perfect touchdown pass but Roundtree drops it.

nrk
10-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Garcia is 8/8 90 yards 3 tds, damn. Lets go Gamecocks.

hawkeye123
10-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Mallett is so horribly inconsistent. One minute he throws a gorgeous TD and the next he throws a pick that leaves you scratching your head. And if Alabama loses it is only going to give Boise a better shot at getting to the title game which is *** as ****.

Bosie State!!!!!!

I would cum my pants if it was Oregon vs Boise in the title game.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Michigan TD. 10-7 folks.

P-L
10-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Denard still has a ways to go passing but like I said, he can burn you if you go for the run all the time and don't respect his passing.

yourfavestoner
10-09-2010, 03:33 PM
SPURRIERZZZZZZZ

I still don't understand the Julio Jones hype. I've zeroed in on him in particular and he runs the sloppiest, most disgusting routes I've ever seen for such a highly touted prospect.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 03:33 PM
He doesnt even have possession.

nrk
10-09-2010, 03:35 PM
He doesnt even have possession.

I thought he didn't have possession as well.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow what an awful call.

lowlife
10-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Kmart looking flashy

yourfavestoner
10-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Daaaaamn they are stuffing the **** out of the Bama run game.

BeerBaron
10-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Total honesty, Michigan just looks so slooowww on defense. Out of the 22 guys on the field, they seem to have the slowest 11.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 03:40 PM
How the hell did you miss him Rodney? Jesus.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Michigan: the point of defense is to stop the opposing team.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Got em that time. Thatta boy, Rodney Paulk.

yourfavestoner
10-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Woooooooo!

M.O.T.H.
Hahahahahahahahaha

TitanHope
Shelley just earned a medical scholarship.

iowatreat54
Woooooo WIDE RIGHT

yourfavestoner
10-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:43 PM

HAahahahaha I would rep you if I could. That is such an awesome comment.

ironman4579
10-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I have to say, that false start turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to Sparty.

Is it sad that I knew once they got that first down on 3rd and 15, they'd score?

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Ruh Roh Michigan. What's going to happen when Denard can't run free?

Smooth Criminal
10-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Let's go South Carolina. Id love to see OSU get to #1 and I don't wanna run into Bama in a title game.

P-L
10-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Obi Ezeh is just awful.

KCJ58
10-09-2010, 03:53 PM
CAL if crushing UCLA in the 1st half

P-L
10-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Mike Martin with a huge sack.

lowlife
10-09-2010, 03:55 PM
This Mike Martin guy isn't half bad. Not have bad at all.

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Tuck rule... Lamesauce.

lowlife
10-09-2010, 03:56 PM

I bet he does man

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 03:58 PM

Corey Liuget is easily better. Best DT in the Big Ten EASILY!!!

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Ugh. I still see us losing this game.

iowatreat54
Booooo USCe. Wtf were you thinking on D there?

FuzzyGopher
TD Braylon Edwards.

armageddon
julio jones, wow.

tjsunstein
10-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Never take extra points for granted.

iowatreat54
hahahaha missed XP

M.O.T.H.
bah

hahahahahahahahahaha

That's how my high school kicker booted them.

TitanHope
That was a gimme matchup for Bama.

Definitely.

Brodeur
10-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I love you Martavious Odoms.

armageddon
10-09-2010, 04:02 PM
the holder dropped it and threw off the kicker. Rhythm and timing are huge.

FuzzyGopher
10-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Alabama's kickoff guy looks like a ******* linebacker.

armageddon
10-09-2010, 04:04 PM
aj green and julio jones score td's a couple minutes a part. I would love the Rams to get either one of them.

iowatreat54
Blocked FG to end the half.

Michigan offense looking average and Michigan D looking better than normal. What is going on??

ironman4579
Rich Rodriguez is almost as clueless when it comes to clock management as Les Miles.

Brent
10-09-2010, 04:07 PM
we're a pretty terrible team, but Ryan Mallett's ability to to throw stupid passes should make this game closer. but our offensive line/defense is ******* atrocious.

ironman4579
10-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Blocked FG to end the half.

Michigan offense looking average and Michigan D looking better than normal. What is going on??

Let's not get too crazy. The offense is still on pace for over 500 total yards.

wicket
10-09-2010, 04:08 PM
dayum, this is the most flattering ever for a D at halftime, I truly dont know how the D has only given up 3

P-L
We shouldn't ever attempt a field goal unless it's under 35 yards AND we need more than 7 yards for the first down. The odds of Denard breaking a run (or throwing) for 35 yards are greater than us making a 42 yard field goal.

iowatreat54
Let's not get too crazy. The offense is still on pace for over 500 total yards.

Well, I meant average in terms of normal Michigan. Meaning, they aren't gaining 15 yards per play and Denard isn't doing whatever he wants.

Not to mention, as the game goes on Denard might have topass more than normal, which will really curb that pace of over 500 yards.

Btw, I officially love mgoblog. They are playing Candy Mountain on their live chat.

FuzzyGopher
10-09-2010, 04:11 PM
we're a pretty terrible team, but Ryan Mallett's ability to to throw stupid passes should make this game closer. but our offensive line/defense is ******* atrocious.

It doesn't help that Jerrod Johnson is the Rick Ankiel of college football.

General Zod
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I love Mike Mayock commentating Notre Dame games. He doesnt splurt out homerism like others used to. Plus you get scouting reports about everyone on the field during the game. :-)

wicket
10-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I love Mike Mayock commentating Notre Dame games. He doesnt splurt out homerism like others used to. Plus you get scouting reports about everyone on the field during the game. :-)

on top of that he sees stuff that most guys just dont see, the important clips and stuff he sees straight away

V.I.P
10-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Oh ****.. nice grab by Keshawn Martin.

yo123
10-09-2010, 04:28 PM
hahahahahah Garcia.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 04:28 PM
And so it begins....

JRTPlaya21
10-09-2010, 04:29 PM
hahahahah SC must not wanna win.

iowatreat54
Bahahahaha that wasa awesome by Garcia.

nrk
What the **** was that Garcia? Come on.

iowatreat54
Wow, A. he should have had that and B. wtf is he doing? He coulda downed it...

FuzzyGopher
Ball coach looks pissed.

SeanTaylorRIP
WTF was that you idiot. Here comes the start of the collapse. For real.

wicket
10-09-2010, 04:30 PM
wanny tried to go all dantonio

Brodeur
10-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks Christian, that helped.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow, A. he should have had that and B. wtf is he doing? He coulda downed it...

It was def. a bad snap...but other than that, yeah pretty pathetic.

SCAR loves to choke games away in the 2nd half. It's only a matter of time.

iowatreat54
Hey, Michigan is terrible at pass defense. Take notes, Americanzi.

wicket
ruffer is still perfect throughout his career

V.I.P
Nice 1st drive by Michigan State to open up the 2nd half.

critesy
garcia... questionable.

Sniper
I don't give a **** if you're a true freshman, Cullen. That's absolutely ******* embarrassing. You give a guy a 10-yard cushion and still get beat by five yards. Unreal.

iowatreat54
It was def. a bad snap...but other than that, yeah pretty pathetic.

SCAR loves to choke games away in the 2nd half. It's only a matter of time.

Yea, it was a bad snap, but he really has no reason to miss it.

I'm still pulling for USCe!!!!! Just give the ball to Lattimore every play.

TitanHope
10-09-2010, 04:32 PM
*slow claps*

Huge mistake by Garcia. You think he's finally made it over that hump, and then he goes and does something like that. Same thing, different year.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't give a **** if you're a true freshman, Cullen. That's absolutely ******* embarrassing. You give a guy a 10-yard cushion and still get beat by five yards. Unreal.

Awwww where have you been buddy? I missed you.

Brodeur
10-09-2010, 04:34 PM

He's with me. Is there a problem?

Sniper
10-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Covering a high school game.

I ******* hate Michigan's "defense" and "special" teams.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Steph Gilmore! Nice, nice.

Brodeur
10-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh god Denard is glorious.

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh god Denard is glorious.

Whoa, you and Sniper come back at the same time. Coincidence...

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Great throw Denard. Great throw.

There's been a couple times today where Denard has completely missed (didn't see) wide open WRs.

Aaaaaand another pick.

V.I.P
10-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Another pick, wow Robinson is playing like **** today.

Brodeur
10-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Son of a ******* *****.

Sniper
10-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Denard, what the **** was that?

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Remember when I said Denard won't be beating anyone with his arm, even if the defense is selling out against the run? Yea, and I got laughed at.

BeerBaron
I think the last time a QB went from "glorious" to "wtf" just a few posts apart like that was Rexy a few years back....ugh.

wonderbredd24
Amazing how mortal Robinson is when he's up against a legitimate defense.

Someone's going to have to let Mark May down easy on this one

hawkeye123
10-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Garcia's first incompletion, wow.

Brodeur
10-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh my god this secondary...

Sniper
Remember that time when UM made a ******* play in pass defense? No? Me neither.

GOD ******* DAMN IT, YOU ASSHOLES ******* SUCK ************* ****.

ironman4579
Why do I feel like this game is over already?

Sniper
10-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Why do I feel like this game is over already?

Two red-zone picks and because you've watched UM's defense play before?

Brodeur
**** this ******* game. Sniper, I need you here.

BeerBaron
Two red-zone picks and because you've watched UM's defense play before?

Plus Rich Rod's offense just isn't built for playing from behind.

UKfan
10-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Jeffrey is abusing Kirkpatrick, wow...

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 04:47 PM
TD Sparty.

The really terrible thing about this is how unbearable Sparty fans are going to be. Not to mention the media is going to act like they just beat the best team in the history of the world, and will proclaim Sparty as a top 3 team.

wonderbredd24
10-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Plus Rich Rod's offense just isn't built for playing from behind.
Wait, what?

ironman4579
I'm sad I have to watch the rest of this season before Rich Rod gets fired. Offensive Guru my ass. Notice how this guy rolls up points against OOC teams and then blows in the Big 10? Yea, there's a reason for that.

We are Northwestern. That is what RR has turned Michigan into. Northwestern.

M.O.T.H.
I love Brian Maddox this year. He's never had this kind of burst in his first three years.

BeerBaron
TD Sparty.

The really terrible thing about this is how unbearable Sparty fans are going to be. Not to mention the media is going to act like they just beat the best team in the history of the world, and will proclaim Sparty as a top 3 team.

And ZOMG their coach is sick? Did you know that? Michigan State's coach had a health scare. I bet you didn't know that. We just said that 5 minutes ago? Nah....I bet you didn't know.

....their coach is sick....

iowatreat54
10-09-2010, 04:49 PM
And ZOMG their coach is sick? Did you know that? Michigan State's coach had a health scare. I bet you didn't know that. We just said that 5 minutes ago? Nah....I bet you didn't know.

....their coach is sick....

Whoa, MSU's coach had some sort of health problem? Win one for the Dantoniozzzzz. National Champzzzzzz