PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 - St. Louis at Detroit(-3)

Scotty D
10-06-2010, 02:05 AM
This game is a toss up for me.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 02:10 AM
I really hope we beat the Rams, we were able to keep up with the Packers pretty well so we should be able to beat the Rams. But it will probably come down to the last few minutes of the game.

BRAVEHEART
10-06-2010, 02:43 AM
We're due for a win. I can see Shaun Hill effin this up, but I think we'll rattle a young QB. Hopefully Shaun continues to understand that passing it to Megatron early and often is a good thing.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Sam Bradford meet Ndamukong Suh and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Their hobbies are embarrassing O-linemen and destroying quarterbacks.

Scotty D
10-06-2010, 02:51 AM
I think the dline will be able to get at Bradford. If we make him uncomfortable he will make mistakes but he will pick us apart with time in the pocket. Steven Jackson is always dangerous and can take over a game. I really like Danny Amendola. Former Lion James Hall is having a big year for them but they don't have a dominate pass rusher.

I think Best is poised for a big game. His toe should be back to 100% and I think we are going to start to see a trend where he has his big games on the turf. Burleson is planning to play and that can be huge. They don't have a corner that can go 1-1 with Calvin so I expect Scheffler and Pettigrew to be open all day. Feed Best, focus on getting it to Calvin, and find Pettigrew/Scheffler/Burleson underneath.

BRAVEHEART
10-06-2010, 02:54 AM
I think Bradford should call his lawyer....cause he's about to get SUH'd!!!!!!!

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Former Lion James Hall is having a big year for them but they don't have a dominate pass rusher.

I always wondered what happened to James Hall, I wasn't even aware he was still playing football.

Scotty D
10-06-2010, 02:55 AM
It would be cool to see Bradford vs. Stafford.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 02:57 AM
It would be cool to see Bradford vs. Stafford.

Yeah it would. But, hopefully Stafford starts throwing again and will be back to 100% soon enough.

Scotty D
10-06-2010, 03:02 AM
I always wondered what happened to James Hall, I wasn't even aware he was still playing football.

Yeah I didn't think he was still around but he has 4 sacks and 3 FF on the year.

Yeah it would. But, hopefully Stafford starts throwing again and will be back to 100% soon enough.

He started throwing last week. I'd say 65-35 he goes.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 03:20 AM
He started throwing last week. I'd say 65-35 he goes.

He was suppose to start throwing last week, but they pushed that back to sometime this week. I guess he was still having problems with that shoulder.

BRAVEHEART
10-06-2010, 03:23 AM
Let's not rush him.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 03:31 AM
Let's not rush him.

I agree, I don't really want to rush him. If we win a game without him, then there wouldn't be as much urgency as there is being winless so far.

BRAVEHEART
10-06-2010, 03:34 AM
If we are able to win a game without him, it'd be this one (even though we unnofficially beat the bears, came short against the pack, barely lost to Philly, and played sloppier than Minny).

I know we've racked up L's, but I'm impressed with Schwartz. If we went O-fer again, i'd still want him as our coach. He has us in the right direction, and it shows. Just sucks that Stafford got injured.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Schwartz is a great coach. People have to keep in mind what he was handed with when he came to the Lions. After that 0-16 season the Lions were basically the equivalent to a expansion team. Despite are current record though, I can honestly say I have not seen this much fight from the Lions in a long time. All we have to do is get Patrick Peterson next year and upgrade a few more spots and we will be pretty competitive.

BRAVEHEART
10-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Schwartz is a great coach. People have to keep in mind what he was handed with when he came to the Lions. After that 0-16 season the Lions were basically the equivalent to a expansion team. Despite are current record though, I can honestly say I have not seen this much fight from the Lions in a long time. All we have to do is get Patrick Peterson next year and upgrade a few more spots and we will be pretty competitive.

Ever for me. This team won't quit. Previous Lion teams would pack their bags after getting whooped.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Ever for me. This team won't quit. Previous Lion teams would pack their bags after getting whooped.

I remember during one of Rod Marinelli's seasons that the Lions did pretty well the first half of the season but seemed to give up or just became tired. Of course during the second half of that season the team went completely downhill.

Scotty D
10-06-2010, 04:02 AM
I remember during one of Rod Marinelli's seasons that the Lions did pretty well the first half of the season but seemed to give up or just became tired. Of course during the second half of that season the team went completely downhill.

Started 6-2 and finished 7-9.

Silver & Blue
10-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Started 6-2 and finished 7-9.

*shakes head* Just needed two or three more wins and they could have been playoff bound.

tblain1
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Rams at home. I think we win this. It does scare me that they held Seattle to only 3 points last week, but we have a more explosive offense than Seattle. I'm feeling good about this one even if Hill starts.

Good thoughts...
Good thoughts...
Positive Lions feelings...

detroit4life
10-06-2010, 02:52 PM
we have a more explosive offense than seatle in about every single category. There is no way that the Rams should be able to cover our offense with Calvin, Burleson, Pettigrew and Scheffler.

And if they do then Best should have a field day.

Schwartz and the coaching staff, although i still have much faith, better be prepared to take serious heat if we lose this game IMO.

LOltheLions?
10-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I know i've been bagging on Detroit but i think they win this one 24-20. Our defense was impressive last week and the Rams offense has been horrendous this year. Our defense will be able to control this game. And I think Linehan finally found a good gameplan for our offense. I just really see us controlling this game. But of course in typical Lions fashion, The Rams will make a big come back in the 4th quarter just to give us a scare.

LOltheLions?
10-06-2010, 07:47 PM
now, all that being said, this is a must win for Schwartz. If we lose this game, we WILL go 0-6 into the bye week and the coaches will be on the hot seat. Not only that but if we lose this game, i believe the players will start to lose faith in the Schwartz, and you're going to see players not trying as hard as they did the first 4 weeks. I really, really hope that doesn't happen.

Scotty D
10-06-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.detnews.com/article/20101006/SPORTS0101/10060422/1126/SPORTS0101/Lions-must-sell-4-500-seats-for-Rams-game-to-avoid-TV-blackout

4,500 tickets available, blackout likely.

-Released Manny Ramirez, OG and claimed Jamon Meredith, OT from the Bills

-Shaun Hill confirmed Sunday starter.

noondog
10-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I think the biggest advantage (other than being at thome) the Lions have in this will be their sense of urgency. It's a very big game for them for a multitude of reasons. Past that, they've played good teams close all season so far and they match up well against the Rams. Our biggest weakness (secondary) is up against a rookie, albeit a good one, in Bradford.

I think the Lions take this one 31-20.

Xiomera
10-09-2010, 07:13 PM
If we don't win this game, we'll be lucky to win more than 1 this season.

Is Stafford back yet? God damn it.

Scotty D
10-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Inactive for the Lions:

Third quarterback Matthew Stafford
Running back Maurice Morris
Linebacker DeAndre Levy
Offensive tackle Jason Fox
Offensive tackle Jamon Meredith
Running back Aaron Brown
Defensive end Willie Young
Defensive end Lawrence Jackson

Inactive for the Rams:

Running back Chauncey Washington
Tight end Billy Bajema
Tight end Michael Hoomanawanui
Offensive tackle Renardo Foster
Linebacker Chris Chamberlain
Cornerback Kevin Dockery
Defensive tackle Clifton Ryan
Defensive tackle Dorell Scott

Burleson and Scheffler(concussion) are good to go. Alphonso Smith is starting at corner over Wade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/running-backs-healthy-for-rams-lions/

noondog
10-10-2010, 12:44 PM
What in the hell is going on with third down play calling? Third and short, go deep. Third and short, go deep. Killing every drive with ******** play calling dammit.

Scotty D
10-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Best does not look healthy.

Addict
10-10-2010, 02:39 PM
we might just win this game. Amazing.

Silver & Blue
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
we might just win this game. Amazing.

Might just win? More like a blowout. LOL

I knew we would do good, but I didn't expect to completely destroy the Rams like we did.

Xiomera
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
If not for Calvin's potentially separated shoulder, this game would be perfect.

P-L
10-10-2010, 03:51 PM
After so many close losses, it's finally nice to get a big win like this. It's encouraging that think that we were a couple bad breaks away from being 4-1 or 3-2 right now. We have a real tough game next week before the bye, but hopefully we will get Stafford back against Washington and maybe win a few more games the second half of the season.

LOltheLions?
10-10-2010, 03:58 PM
What a game. A bad team does not win like that. These guys should be 3-2, ,maybe even 4-1. Oh well, great win. I hope CJ's shoulder is OK. And Best doesn't look like that toe is 100% yet, thank God we got a bye coming up.

LOltheLions?
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Can Suh be any more impressive as well? This guy is so unbelievably good, ALREADY. When he intercepted Bradford and showed just how athletic he is, I wonder how much the Rams were upset they passed on this guys talent. He is unreal and will win DROY.

BRAVEHEART
10-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Might just win? More like a blowout. LOL

I knew we would do good, but I didn't expect to completely destroy the Rams like we did.

This, very surprised it ended up like that.

LOltheLions?
10-10-2010, 04:35 PM
by the way fellas, who was that white guy we had at MLB? Havner i think his name was? He looked solid, he went up against Jackson a couple times and took him down.

Scotty D
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
by the way fellas, who was that white guy we had at MLB? Havner i think his name was? He looked solid, he went up against Jackson a couple times and took him down.

Spencer Havner, claimed off Green Bay after roster cuts. Good special team player who backs up TE/LB.

ironman4579
10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Alphonso Smith has actually looked pretty good (decent?) so far this year. I'm pleasantly surprised. He looks like he's developing into a pretty decent corner.

Addict
10-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Alphonso Smith has actually looked pretty good (decent?) so far this year. I'm pleasantly surprised. He looks like he's developing into a pretty decent corner.

well he was a high draft pick. I still don't understand why Josh McDaniels let him leave.

Great to see these guys win one they so deserved. Suh really does look like the real thing so far. Here's to hoping that CJ's ok.

If they can play like this on a somewhat consistent basis.... who knows, we might miss out on Patrick Peterson after all.

Scotty D
10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Smith did the Carlton after his pick six. *warning unexpected music

ICA539aGHBo

This game just showed off more of Mayhew's off-season moves. Corey Williams was in beast mode, Logan KR TD, Alphonso pick six, Rob Sims extended 4 years, Scheffler, and Chris Houston is even playing well.

Silver & Blue
10-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Haha, it was awesome when Alphonso did that. The Carlton Dance! Look at the highest rated comment, I wonder if Alphonso Smith read that at all before facing the Rams. Because if he didn't, then that is pretty coincidental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8&feature=related

Scotty D
10-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I read Alphonso told his friends in 8th grade if he ever scored a touchdown in the NFL he would do the Carlton dance.

noondog
10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Some thoughts after this week's game:

- Suh and Williams are quickly emerging as one of the top DT combos in the league imo. We're lacking at DE opposite KVB to truly have a dominant D-line.

- Alphonso Smith. 3 picks and a FR in last 3 weeks. This is looking like a massive steal via trade with the Broncos. The kid has a nose for the ball and looks to be covering well consistently. Chris Houston is improving every week as well imo.

- Best had another 100+ yards from LOS with his injured toe. Yes, his YPC were below 4 again, but he's the real deal. Need two or three more screen plays per game for him...we seem to have been getting away from that since the Philly game.

- O-line has been soild, especially in pass protection, to this point of the season...except for maybe Peterson and his penalties.

- Considering that we are 1-4, having 124 points for vs 112 points against says something, despite the fact that we were +38 in that respect yesterday.

- The Giants will be tough next week, but I think we take the Skins down after the bye. I love how we match up against them.

eeth
10-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I remember when we got Alphonso Smith I said I think it's gonna be a good pickup, and so far so good. The only problem with him is a couple of PI calls but that's ok considering his 3 picks

noondog
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
One other interesting little fact about our Lions through week 5: We are currently the highest scoring team in the NFC, 4 points ahead of Philadelphia.