PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Hot List - 10/6

Shane P. Hallam
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Check out the new update here:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

D-Unit
10-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Awesome mention of Salas. Scott has spoken highly of him in some conversations that I've had with him as well. I noted that speed would be a main factor for him being drafted and Scott mentioned that for his size, a 4.7 speed would be sufficient.

If you watch him play, you will quickly notice that he hardly goes down upon first contact. He's a fighter for every yard and has VERY clutch hands. Constantly makes the biggest plays for Hawaii.

I haven't seen him ever return kicks. I don't know if he has enough breakaway speed... though he would break tackles.

TACKLE
10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Its great to see Hankerson atop the hot list again. He has been terrific all year and plays at a major program yet has still managed to fly under the radar. As a prospect, he reminds me of a more talented Brian Robiskie.

LizardState
10-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Great writeups on Clayborn, Murray & Locker.

Is Clayborn the dominant type of D-lineman who can take over a game like Suh did a yr ago?

Shane P. Hallam
10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Great writeups on Clayborn, Murray & Locker.

Is Clayborn the dominant type of D-lineman who can take over a game like Suh did a yr ago?

He's not in Suh's category, but Clayborn does have a chance to be a better pro than college player. The beauty of these DEs are in the eye of the beholder. I don't find Clayborn to necessarily go out and dominate time and time again, but he has the tools and seems to come through in key situations. Love the DE class, but I don't have any rated as Top 5 guys (though multiple could go that high).

Brent
10-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Jerrod Johnson is hot & cold; also, water is wet.

Just kidding, Shane, though I will add that his play is the most frustrating thing to watch as an Aggie. He is either amazing and unstoppable or overthinking and seeing ghosts out there.

Scott Wright
10-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesome mention of Salas. Scott has spoken highly of him in some conversations that I've had with him as well. I noted that speed would be a main factor for him being drafted and Scott mentioned that for his size, a 4.7 speed would be sufficient.

4.6's, not 4.7's. :o)

ElectricEye
10-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Hankerson is on my radar as a top of the second round Patriots pick now.

D-Unit
10-08-2010, 06:23 PM
4.6's, not 4.7's. :o)
My bad! I do think Salas runs comfortably within the 4.6 or below range.

Have you noticed Kealoha Pilares?