PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Clement Resigned

Zim3031
03-19-2007, 04:47 PM
The New York Jets announced today they have signed offensive tackle Anthony Clement. The announcement was made by Jetsí General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Clement, (6-8, 320) entering his 10th NFL season, first signed with the Jets as an unrestricted free agent on April 19, 2006. Originally drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in 1998 (2nd round - 36 th overall) out of Louisiana-Lafayette, Clement spent seven seasons with the Cardinals and then played 14 games for the San Francisco 49ers in 2005. He has 92 career NFL starts.
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show_permalink/clement-re-signs-with-jets

At least know we don't have to get into panic mode over not having any RT. He may not be a pro bowler but he can hold the spot down.

frogstomp
03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Mediocre news. I'm definitely not much of a fan of him.

Non_Sequitur
03-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Hopefully he'll be a backup this year. But it lets us draft a RT in the 3rd or 4th round and then develop him for a bit before he has to start.

Remember Mangold was supposed to sit a year....

jetsfan3
03-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Better him than nobody.

Crickett
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Better him than nobody.

Or Nat Dorsey. Just the same, I'm hoping the Jets draft a RT day one. But no more "who is the Jets right tackle" signature for me.

Young Nasty Man
03-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Anthony Clement is a solid Tackle that has about 1 to 2 years left. He is very late into his career but he is a worker and he is cheap and is work the money...

I'm hoping we adress two needs day one: O-Line, OLB/Blitzer....

BroadwayJoe10
03-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Anthony Clement is a solid Tackle that has about 1 to 2 years left. He is very late into his career but he is a worker and he is cheap and is work the money...

I'm hoping we adress two needs day one: O-Line, OLB/Blitzer....

true...clement won the starting job through mostly through hard work but partly do to no one really challenging him all too much...i still would love to see manny ramirez as our RG..wed then have two 320 pound blockers on the right side to clear the way for TJ on 3rd and short