PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barkley vs Andrew Luck

dregolll
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I was wondering why Andrew Luck has gotten all this hype by the media and a lot of you on this website, but it seems to me that Matt Barkley is the superior talent. In my opinion, Barkley does everything better as except for running with the football. Barkely reminds me of young Troy Aikman and has the looks of a future franchise QB in the NFL. Matt Barkley is the perfect QB prospect and I think he is much more talented passer than Andrew Luck.

I know i'll be ripped for this post, but a lot of you are just jumping on the bandwagon in regards to Andrew Luck. You all are basically listening to what others are saying. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 02:43 PM
One (Luck) is eligible for this draft while the other (Barkley) is not. That's why you're hearing Luck hype but none for Barkely on a Draft-based message board.

soybean
10-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm a USC fan and Barkley needs A LOT of work. He tends to throw off his back foot. He often throws ducks. Has not yet learned the art of the touch pass.

He does have a good arm though. He was a superior TALENT coming out of high school but this coaching change can't be good for him.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2010, 02:45 PM
This year Barkley is checking down way too quick and his accuracy on simple short passes has been extremely off. Not sure what it is. Still though you are right he has the tools to be a really good QB. The difference for me between Luck and Barkley is that Barkley just seems so mechnical. It greatly affects things for him when he doesn't have protection. Luck just seems more natural. Smoother in the pocket, calmer and better decision maker and ability to slide in the pocket. With that said Carson Palmer was an extremely robotic QB but he was great pre injuries.

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Don't come in here and tell people that they're just listening to others and not forming their own opinions. I didn't know you were a mind reader.

D-Unit
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah, and don't come in here saying we all think a like! The generalization kills me.

The posters above have answered your questions. Barkley not being eligible for the draft being the most obvious one. ... and yes, Barkley hasn't taken the big step forward yet to show that he's "arrived". There's no doubt about his potential and his high floor, but there's still a lot to be desired.

GloryDaysRBack
10-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Barkley has not been impressive one bit this season...Like the a poster above mentioned, Barkleys accuracy on short to intermediate routes has been attrocious this season..I have seen Barkley miss countless number of WIDE open receivers on 3 and 5 step drops..

I was as big of a Barkley fan as anyone when he first came to USC, but I have to admit that he has yet met expectations...With that being said, the kid is still very young...Hopefully he will take that giant leap forward next season

wonderbredd24
10-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Considering how many people were ready to annoint Barkley the 1st pick of the 2012 draft after he threw his 1st pass as a freshman, I think this post is pretty funny.

Luck is eligible and right now, he's just better.

Babylon
10-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Barkley has not been impressive one bit this season...Like the a poster above mentioned, Barkleys accuracy on short to intermediate routes has been attrocious this season..I have seen Barkley miss countless number of WIDE open receivers on 3 and 5 step drops..

I was as big of a Barkley fan as anyone when he first came to USC, but I have to admit that he has yet met expectations...With that being said, the kid is still very young...Hopefully he will take that giant leap forward next season

He's at 66% with 12 to 4 td to int ratio. I personally dont see much wrong with the kid at all. They seem to be searching for some indentity there whether they should be more a running or passing team but i'm still very high on Barkely. In the Washington game he may have missed a throw or two in their final drive but that's about it.

Andrew Luck at this point just seems the more mature player and he's draft eligible. I really dont see anyone right now challenging Matt Barkely for the top QB in next years draft.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2010, 04:05 PM
66% is misleading. Over half his throws are simple check downs which he even misses. They hardly ever challenge down field. Any time your FB is your 2nd most targeted receiver I think you have an idea of the type of throws he's making.

Halsey
10-08-2010, 04:21 PM
What people are saying about Barkley sounds so familiar. He's a big time QB with NFL potential, so when he doesn't pass for 400 yards, 5 TDs and 0 ints every game as a true sophomore, people start nitpicking and looking for reasons to talk him down.

Babylon
10-08-2010, 04:28 PM
66% is misleading. Over half his throws are simple check downs which he even misses. They hardly ever challenge down field. Any time your FB is your 2nd most targeted receiver I think you have an idea of the type of throws he's making.

You seem to contradict the OP. Barkely is either accurate with his short game or he's not. I also wouldnt have a problem with getting the ball to Ronald Johnson and Stanley Havili, that sounds like a good plan to me.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-08-2010, 04:35 PM
What people are saying about Barkley sounds so familiar. He's a big time QB with NFL potential, so when he doesn't pass for 400 yards, 5 TDs and 0 ints every game as a true sophomore, people start nitpicking and looking for reasons to talk him down.

...Or they are just waiting for him to show his potential in a meaningless way before saying anything that would suggest he's met or is certainly going to meet that potential.

No one is denying the kid is crazy talented, or proposing that his struggles in his sophomore year mean that he will never improve, but there's no reason to make excuses for the kid based on talent. When he shows the stuff, he'll warrant the talk.

Barkley hasn't been bad though, and I'll have to start taking a serious look at him next year. I have enough trouble trying to sort through the Luck/Locker/Mallett mess for this year's draft.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
...Or

Barkley hasn't been bad though, and I'll have to start taking a serious look at him next year. I have enough trouble trying to sort through the Luck/Locker/Mallett mess for this year's draft.

It's only a mess if Luck stays in school ;)

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2010, 04:43 PM
You seem to contradict the OP. Barkely is either accurate with his short game or he's not. I also wouldnt have a problem with getting the ball to Ronald Johnson and Stanley Havili, that sounds like a good plan to me.

What I'm saying is 66% isn't as impressive when all of his throws are easy. If you are missing on an easy 5 yard out 1 of 3 times, that is not good at all.

YAYareaRB
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Who the hell iis hyping up Andrew Luck?

oh wait..

Halsey
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
...Or they are just waiting for him to show his potential in a meaningless way before saying anything that would suggest he's met or is certainly going to meet that potential.

No one is denying the kid is crazy talented, or proposing that his struggles in his sophomore year mean that he will never improve, but there's no reason to make excuses for the kid based on talent. When he shows the stuff, he'll warrant the talk.

Waiting for him to show talent in a meaningless way? I'm guessing you meant meaningful. That's fan talk. Many fans need to see a QB prospect put on a show in a big time game with lots of pretty stats before they know a guy is legit. Real QB scouting isn't all about waiting for a guy to put up glamorous numbers in glamorous games. Scouts have to look at the whole picture, not just focus on highly publicized games and cherry pick certain aspects of a QB.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Waiting for him to show talent in a meaningless way? I'm guessing you meant meaningful. That's fan talk. Many fans need to see a QB prospect put on a show in a big time game with lots of pretty stats before they know a guy is a legit. Real QB scouting isn't all about waiting for a guy to put up glamorous numbers in glamorous games. Scouts have to look at the whole picture, not just focus on highly publicized games and cherry pick certain aspects of a QB.

So thats why Graham Harrell and Colt Brennan didn't go #1 overall like every fan everywhere thought!!

Sigh...

soybean
10-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I think he could be high pick based on talent alone. Wasn't Carson not really regarded as a top prospect before his final year?

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I think he'll be high pick based on talent alone. Wasn't Carson not really regarded as a top prospect before his final year?

Carson had the excellent tools but had never really put it together on the field until they brought in Chow iirc.

prock
10-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Waiting for him to show talent in a meaningless way? I'm guessing you meant meaningful. That's fan talk. Many fans need to see a QB prospect put on a show in a big time game with lots of pretty stats before they know a guy is legit. Real QB scouting isn't all about waiting for a guy to put up glamorous numbers in glamorous games. Scouts have to look at the whole picture, not just focus on highly publicized games and cherry pick certain aspects of a QB.

Yeah, you are right, playing well in big games is completely useless in evaluating quarterbacks.

Halsey
10-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, you are right, playing well in big games is completely useless in evaluating quarterbacks.

Yeah, that's what I said. I clearly said that playing well in big games is meaningless. You aren't spinning at all.

What I actually said is that QB play isn't all about pretty box scores in glamour games. Fans trapped in the moment look at Barkley's stats from his most recent game and ignore everything else.

ElectricEye
10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I like Barkley a lot too. He just hasn't played as well as Luck up to this point. He also has some issues, coachable issues, but issues nonetheless. The only thing he has over Luck right now is his arm strength. Needs a few years of seasoning for sure.

Vox Populi
10-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Luck is excellent, just don't ask him to throw to a guy running a go route. He just lobs it up for grabs, its ********. Go watch the Oregon game he does it like 6 times and I cringe every single time.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Luck is excellent, just don't ask him to throw to a guy running a go route. He just lobs it up for grabs, its ********. Go watch the Oregon game he does it like 6 times and I cringe every single time.

I'll take that over piss poor accuracy on the short stuff like Mallett.

ElectricEye
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah, Luck's arm is not very good, but it's not bad either. He'll be fine. Throwing the ball down the field just isn't his game. He's more about anticipation, reads, and accuracy.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Luck's arm is not very good, but it's not bad either. He'll be fine. Throwing the ball down the field just isn't his game. He's more about anticipation, reads, and accuracy.

I would say it's better than "not bad." He's not the type who's limited in where he can play by it I don't think. Remember how you'd occasionally hear last year people saying that Colt McCoy shouldn't go to Cleveland or Buffalo because his arm couldn't handle the wind and whatnot?

Luck's arm is strong enough for that not to be an issue. I've compared him to Eli Manning before, and I like the comparison. Arm strength isn't one of the first 3 adjectives you'd use to describe either one of those guys, in a positive or negative way, but it's more than adequate to get the job done.

Luck is just so smooth....

BigBanger
10-08-2010, 06:25 PM
This is not accurate. Luck has a bazooka. Just look at him when he's on the move. There was a play at the end of the Oregon game where he rolled outside the pocket and threw a pass 50 yards down the sideline with great velocity.

With his footwork as it is now (lunging and throwing off his front foot), he's not creating enough torque with his hips and basically throwing with all arm on the majority of his passes.

Luck can push the ball downfield. He's still young and accuracy with the deep ball is the last to come with QBs. Obviously, the further the pass the more difficult the throw. His anticipation with deep passes is just a tick slower than it is with the intermediate to short throws. People tend to forget that he's not done developing (and probably has another year of college). He has made throws (even in the Oregon game) that should lead you to believe he has more than enough power to get the ball down field. Is he there right now? Obviously not for a franchise QB, but he has shown flashes of great arm strength. Not good arm strength, great arm strength. His arm actually isn't the problem. It's his mechanics.

He simply needs better alignment with his shoulders and hips. That is correctable.

BigBanger
10-08-2010, 06:29 PM
I would say it's better than "not bad." He's not the type who's limited in where he can play by it I don't think. Remember how you'd occasionally hear last year people saying that Colt McCoy shouldn't go to Cleveland or Buffalo because his arm couldn't handle the wind and whatnot?

Luck's arm is strong enough for that not to be an issue. I've compared him to Eli Manning before, and I like the comparison. Arm strength isn't one of the first 3 adjectives you'd use to describe either one of those guys, in a positive or negative way, but it's more than adequate to get the job done.

Luck is just so smooth....
Eli Manning, for lack of a better term, is/was a bonehead. I know Luck made 3 terrible throws against Oregon that were into double coverage (2 INTs and 1 dropped INT), but his decision making is still as good as it gets (especially for a sophomore). Manning just made what-the-fck-throws on a routine basis.

Comparing to Eli is a slight against him if you ask me.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Eli Manning, for lack of a better term, is/was a bonehead. I know Luck made 3 terrible throws against Oregon that were into double coverage (2 INTs and 1 dropped INT), but his decision making is still as good as it gets (especially for a sophomore). Manning just made what-the-fck-throws on a routine basis.

Comparing to Eli is a slight against him if you ask me.

Eli did dumb stuff, yes, but physically, the way the play is similar. Even their sizes are all but the same about 6'4 230.

Babylon
10-08-2010, 06:34 PM
I'd say that Luck has the weaker of the big 3 arms but certainly not an issue. I'd compare Luck's arm to that of a Matt Ryan or a Jim Kelley, two guys i've compared him to.

BeerBaron
10-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I'd say that Luck has the weaker of the big 3 arms but certainly not an issue. I'd compare Luck's arm to that of a Matt Ryan or a Jim Kelley, two guys i've compared him to.

Luck's arm is stronger than Ryan's. Ryan is on that adequate level with Sam Bradford. He gets more zip on his intermediate stuff than they do I feel.

ElectricEye
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
This is not accurate. Luck has a bazooka. Just look at him when he's on the move. There was a play at the end of the Oregon game where he rolled outside the pocket and threw a pass 50 yards down the sideline with great velocity.

With his footwork as it is now (lunging and throwing off his front foot), he's not creating enough torque with his hips and basically throwing with all arm on the majority of his passes.

Luck can push the ball downfield. He's still young and accuracy with the deep ball is the last to come with QBs. Obviously, the further the pass the more difficult the throw. His anticipation with deep passes is just a tick slower than it is with the intermediate to short throws. People tend to forget that he's not done developing (and probably has another year of college). He has made throws (even in the Oregon game) that should lead you to believe he has more than enough power to get the ball down field. Is he there right now? Obviously not for a franchise QB, but he has shown flashes of great arm strength. Not good arm strength, great arm strength. His arm actually isn't the problem. It's his mechanics.

He simply needs better alignment with his shoulders and hips. That is correctable.

Either way, at this present time, he does not push to ball down the field the way you like. Most scouts don't see him as having a cannon either. I do not think it's a concern, but we're not talking about Locker or Mallet here in terms of arm. If you want to project him to have a stronger arm because of mechanics, that's fine, but I think you could potentially ruin him trying to get him to put more on the ball. His fundamentals are so good right now that there's really not much point tinkering with them as it could do more harm than good. An NFL weight training program could help him out, but really, he's fine, he's just more in the Bradford/Matt Ryan category in terms of arm strength.

niel89
10-09-2010, 06:59 PM
13 minutes to see them going head to head. Luck is down 2 of his top wrs though (Whalen & Owusu).

Edit: owusu is playing after all.

Edit 2: so is whalen. f me then

nepg
10-09-2010, 09:47 PM
What a show.

Morton
10-09-2010, 10:37 PM
LOL USC defense is a joke.

Go_Eagles77
10-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I'd take either one.

Jericho@SC
10-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Barkley outplayed Luck tonight, despite losing.

Barkley has a stronger arm and has more upside as a passer. Luck right now has better pocket presence, makes good decisions and can make plays with his feet.

If I were a GM I'd go with Barkley.

ElectricEye
10-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Barkley has taken a step forward for sure this year. He looks so much more comfortable out there. He's defiantly capable of making reads and delivering the ball on any route with his arm.

He also looks quite a bit more agile this year. The book on him coming into SC is that he had Jimmy Clausen feet. He's deadly on play action and made some plays outside of the pocket, which is something that defiantly goes in his favor. Nobody is going to confuse him with Jake Locker, but he can move around well enough. I also like his footwork a lot better this year. There was nothing wrong with it mechanically, but he got happy feet at times last year and much of that has gone away.

I don't think he's as accurate as he should be at times and he seems to give up on the downfield stuff and checkdown prematurely, especially when there's pressure. That's partially a function of the scheme, but it's something he needs to work on. He's got a long way to go, but assuming he keeps improving, he will be a prospect to keep an eye on as a potential first rounder. The biggest thing about him right now is that he isn't always a smooth as he should be. Sounds like a bull term, but you watch a guy like Luck play and it's all far more relaxed and poised than Barkley is. I think that is going to hold him back as a prospect. He's just a sophomore though, so it's far too early to pass judgement at this point.

niel89
10-10-2010, 02:01 PM
This means nothing as a QB but I'll just leave this here.

RF9PFJI_t5I

badgerbacker
10-10-2010, 02:13 PM
This means nothing as a QB but I'll just leave this here.

RF9PFJI_t5I

I would bet a lot of money that if the roles were reversed the announcers would be disgusted and there would have been a penalty for helmet to helmet contact.

Jericho@SC
10-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Any doubts about Barkley's arm strength and accuracy can be solved by watching the HS All American QB Challenge that he won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ySN3hP0QQ&feature=related

Razor
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
How can you not love this guy?

RF9PFJI_t5I&feature=aso

yourfavestoner
10-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Watched both of these guys quite a bit this weekend.

Luck definitely doesn't lack arm strength. His touch is just so damn good that you get the perception he's not firing it in there. That's not the case. The ball gets to where it needs to be, and it doesn't hang or float. He'll be excellent in the mid-range passing game in the pros. His feet are also the best that I think I've ever seen for an pocket passing. He's nimble and works great in confined spaces (a MUST for the NFL). He's the PERFECT west coast offense quarterback. Bill Walsh walks around with a massive boner in heaven watching that kid play for Stanford.

Barkley's got all the talent in the world, but the mechanic concerns voiced earlier in this thread are legit. Too often, he hurries through his mechanics, doesn't set his feet properly, and his passes end up sailing or nose diving. He's got the potential to be a good prospect, too, he just needs some more polish.

BeerBaron
10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Watched both of these guys quite a bit this weekend.

Luck definitely doesn't lack arm strength. His touch is just so damn good that you get the perception he's not firing it in there. That's not the case. The ball gets to where it needs to be, and it doesn't hang or float. He'll be excellent in the mid-range passing game in the pros. His feet are also the best that I think I've ever seen for an pocket passing. He's nimble and works great in confined spaces (a MUST for the NFL). He's the PERFECT west coast offense quarterback. Bill Walsh walks around with a massive boner in heaven watching that kid play for Stanford.

Barkley's got all the talent in the world, but the mechanic concerns voiced earlier in this thread are legit. Too often, he hurries through his mechanics, doesn't set his feet properly, and his passes end up sailing or nose diving. He's got the potential to be a good prospect, too, he just needs some more polish.

Said it better about both than I ever could.

Luck is just so damn smooth.....mmmm. Love to see that in a QB prospect.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I didn't get to watch that much of the game but did Luck throw a better deep ball than he did in the Oregon game? I think he just lacked accuracy in that game definitely not arm strength. He'll be deadly in a mid range passing game in the NFL.

Babylon
10-11-2010, 05:15 PM
There really isnt much to not like about Andrew Luck and i'd have to say i'd love to have him in Seattle if the local guy wasnt coveted around here first.

Speaking of Locker he was tested for Mono this past week and i guess if he had contracted it there would have been a chance he would have been done for the year. (worked for Sam Bradford)

P-L
10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Barkley might be more talented physically, but Luck is just so far ahead of everyone else in terms of the mental aspects of the game. His poise and leadership are just outstanding. He is so advanced for his age and experience that the fact that he's only a redshirt sophomore doesn't even bother me.

San Diego Chicken
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Good game to watch, showing off two future NFL starters. Barkley made more impressive NFL style throws, but Luck simply made the correct plays to win the game. Good contrast between the QB's. Barkley reminds me quite a bit of Stafford. Luck's more of a hybrid Sanchez/Bradford?

BeerBaron
10-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Good game to watch, showing off two future NFL starters. Barkley made more impressive NFL style throws, but Luck simply made the correct plays to win the game. Good contrast between the QB's. Barkley reminds me quite a bit of Stafford. Luck's more of a hybrid Sanchez/Bradford?

I think Luck has a stronger arm than Bradford...Sanchez too I think. I think physically, he is a lot like Eli Manning. Both listed around the same size, definitely good arm strength but nothing spectacular...

I can see some Stafford in Barkley as well. Another year of polish to smooth out some of his quirks, and he could definitely be there. I'm not sure his arm is quite as strong as Stafford though.

SickwithIt1010
10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
If anyone really follows College Quarterbacks im sure you have all heard the name of Steve Clarkson....hes supposed to be a quarterback guru as far as mechanics and what not. I know that Matt Barkley worked with him, so did Jimmy Clausen. Some of you guys in here are talking about mechanics and i actually think that sometimes these guys struggle because of how much they worked with this guy. They go back and they go through all the mechanical stuff and look somewhat robotic sometimes. When you watch Luck he looks so smooth and so fluent and i think thats what you need to be. He really is pretty to watch...Just my opinion on that....

....But aside from that i think both of them showed why they are both future first round picks in the draft. I think Barkley has made such a huge jump from last year to this year. He looks a lot more confident when he throws the ball, makes quicker decisions, and just looks like an all around better Quarterback.

....and what is there not to like about Luck? i like him a ton as a prospect. Is that bad being a USC fan?

kwilk103
10-11-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.msnsportsnet.com/content/Smith102209.jpg

Vox Populi
10-12-2010, 02:12 AM
I didn't get to watch that much of the game but did Luck throw a better deep ball than he did in the Oregon game? I think he just lacked accuracy in that game definitely not arm strength. He'll be deadly in a mid range passing game in the NFL.

I only got home from work in time to see the second half of the game but he didn't attempt any deep floaters like he did against the Ducks. I've only seen those two games of him, and I haven't seen him throw a good deep ball yet, but every single other pass has been beautiful outside of three deep floaters, and thats better than anything I've seen out of a college QB, uhhhh... in the past decade.

niel89
10-12-2010, 03:30 AM
At this point, I think that the lack of a quality deep ball is Luck's biggest weakness as a prospect, which frankly is a good thing. His deep ball is often just always a little off, a second too late or a bit too short. He needs to drive the ball instead of just float it more on those deeper passes. Luck doesn't lack the arm strength, I've seen many strong throws while on the run from him.

Other than that, he is pretty solid all around, but I personally think he is a little overrated. He needs to clean up some of his decisions, mostly on deeper passes though. I also believe that he is the benefit of very quality offensive game plans and play calling, but I can't really hold that against him because he executes so well. He doesn't dominate a game in my eyes yet, but I also think that he will rarely be asked to single handedly be the offense because Stanford tries to be balance on offense. He executes perfectly and makes the plays needed to win the game. I'm sure I'm just being a little hard on him and I'm sure that he will get even better with another year of quality QB coaching.

I really see Luck staying for another year, and then we get to have a great debate between Barkley and Luck for the #1 Qb next year.

BeerBaron
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
At this point, I think that the lack of a quality deep ball is Luck's biggest weakness as a prospect, which frankly is a good thing. His deep ball is often just always a little off, a second too late or a bit too short. He needs to drive the ball instead of just float it more on those deeper passes. Luck doesn't lack the arm strength, I've seen many strong throws while on the run from him.

Other than that, he is pretty solid all around, but I personally think he is a little overrated. He needs to clean up some of his decisions, mostly on deeper passes though. I also believe that he is the benefit of very quality offensive game plans and play calling, but I can't really hold that against him because he executes so well. He doesn't dominate a game in my eyes yet, but I also think that he will rarely be asked to single handedly be the offense because Stanford tries to be balance on offense. He executes perfectly and makes the plays needed to win the game. I'm sure I'm just being a little hard on him and I'm sure that he will get even better with another year of quality QB coaching.

I really see Luck staying for another year, and then we get to have a great debate between Barkley and Luck for the #1 Qb next year.

To the first part, it didn't really seem to hurt Bradford or Matt Ryan. And I still contend that his arm is stronger than those two.

To the second, yeah it was Wake Forest, but he really crushed them in that game. Which is good that he doesn't play down to his competition. I like seeing when a good QB dominates a team that he should.

To the third...I believed that too all offseason, but seeing him in the games that I have, he just looks so amazingly ready to go now. I think he'll come out...the QB needy teams at the top of the draft better hope so.

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Luck was also 20-24 with 3 TD's against USC and led them down the field in the last minute for a game winning FG. Maybe it wasnt' dominant but the numbers speak for themselves.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Luck did have one good long pass that I saw in the USC game. It wasn't a bomb, but it was maybe 25-30 yards in the air. It required a good play by the WR (Owusu I believe) but it was well thrown

Paranoidmoonduck
10-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Luck doesn't always set his feet, but I've seen him throw plenty of amazing deep passes. If that's his main weakness, then he's in pretty good shape.