PDA

View Full Version : Robert Quinn Question

Morton
10-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Is he suspended for the entire season or will he come back and be allowed to play in any games this year?

Babylon
10-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Wouldnt that be nice. I have a feeling his draft status is pretty secure assuming he can get to the combine and also work out for teams. In a ironic sort of way big name players almost benefit from not playing, less criticism.

etk
10-09-2010, 01:43 PM
^ and health.

Marvin Austin really needed to play this year to prove himself on the field though. His Junior film is mediocre at best.

Quinn will be a high pick regardless.

Morton
10-09-2010, 06:04 PM
This sucks. I really wanted to see him play this year.

Scott Wright
10-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Based on the stuff I've heard it sounds like Robert Quinn's next game action will be in the NFL.

wonderbredd24
10-09-2010, 07:08 PM
DeQuan Bowers is closing the gap

RealityCheck
10-09-2010, 07:46 PM
He won't be playing this year.

But he'll blow the roof out at the combine and eventually be selected in the Top 5, and kill QB's in the NFL.

wonderbredd24
10-09-2010, 07:55 PM
He won't be playing this year.

But he'll blow the roof out at the combine and eventually be selected in the Top 5, and kill QB's in the NFL.
So no junior or senior tape, but someone will take him in the top 5 purely on potential and measurables? I don't see it.

etk
10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
DeQuan Bowers is closing the gap

Depends on the scheme/system. In Tampa we already have our "Bowers" in Kyle Moore, but we need Quinn.

Bowers and Quinn are both top 15 talents. Based on what I've seen of Bowers this year I think he brings more value. 6'4 280, strong, quick and flexible. He reminds me of Justin Tuck with his versatility as a pass rusher. He can beat you around the edge, quickly get inside of you or bullrush to push the pocket.

Babylon
10-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Agree with the Bowers hype and also see Quinn as more of a 3-4 OLB so not sure about the comparison.

This is another good year i think for D-linemen, guys like Jurrell Casey, Jared Crick and Ryan Kerrigan are hardly getting any 1st round talk at all.

Scott Wright
10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I see Quinn as a true 4-3 RDE.

As for Bowers, he reminds me more of a Derrick Harvey or Derrick Morgan type. More of a LDE. Good two-way player who will get you 6 or 7 sacks a year consistently but will never be that Mario Williams or Julius Peppers type of elite pass rusher.

etk
10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
As for Bowers, he reminds me more of a Derrick Harvey or Derrick Morgan type. More of a LDE. Good two-way player who will get you 6 or 7 sacks a year consistently but will never be that Mario Williams or Julius Peppers type of elite pass rusher.

I felt the same way last year but Bowers has been a complete beast this year. He has elite physical ability like Williams and Peppers and he seems to be putting it all together now.

Morton
10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Welp. So much for seeing any more of Robert Quinn before the draft.

RealityCheck
10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
So no junior or senior tape, but someone will take him in the top 5 purely on potential and measurables? I don't see it.
Sir, he is that good.

Big_Pete
10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
It is very likely that Quinn's draft stock will fall to some degree (as others rise), the question will be how far.

Ironically I could see Quinn in a similar position to Jason Pierre-Paul. All the talent and ability but very raw.

Quinn could be also drop if he is viewed purely as a 4-3 RDE as there will be limited landing opportunities for him.

I think Quinn will end up around the 10-15 range of the first round at this point.

Don Vito
10-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Quinn is a great talent but he has such a small body of work that it will no doubt hurt him, he is very young for his class as well (will still be 20 come draft day) for what it is worth.

Quinn is definitely an intriguing prospect when you factor in his ability and what he did in his short time on the field. He is a guy who is going to have to dominate the combine and probably nail the interviews if he wants to be selected in the first half of round 1. A lot can change in the next few months, but Quinn is a guy who I will be following since the Pats really need an OLB and he looks to be the premier talent at the position.