PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we should draft Dwayne Jarret?

jonboy
03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
i mean we could use a another reciever,i mean were obviously not going to get CJ as 20th pick.But every mock draft says that DJ is going to be picked by the Bears (31st overall). So why dont we get him?

GiantRutgersFan
03-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I think we should get a WR in the first 2 rounds.

I like Jarrett, but the thing is that there is about 6 or 7 guys who are just about on the same level (Ginn Jr, Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, Rice, Gonzalez) that we should be able to grab one of them with our second round pick.

So unless Jarrett falls to our second round pick, I wouldnt take him

hugegmenfan
03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
absolutely not
we have so many other needs on the defensive side of the ball we cant afford to pick a WR
WR imo is a best a 3rd round pick for us- any higher than that and we are putting ourselves in a lot of trouble due to the amount of holes we have
My order of position that needs to b addressed based on importance in the 1st round:
1. OLB
2. CB
3. OT

4. DT
5. S
6. WR

eacantdraft
03-20-2007, 07:28 AM
The Giants have many more needs than another WR for Eli to overthrow his passes to. Until the Giants address their defensive defiencies, we will continue to be about a .500 team at best.

BaLLiN
03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
We definitely need a WR sometime in the near future, but drafting one in the first day is highly unlikely, the best thing we can do for Eli is draft an OL to allow him more time to find our playmakers, we have at least three good targets for him; Burress, Toomer, Shockey

grizmoandchodey
03-20-2007, 02:34 PM
the only way i would draft dj is if he fell to the second which might be possible but is very rare. He contains the big threat around the goal line and if we picked him up in the 2nd it would be a major score

Slasher28
03-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Wouldn't happen, Teams value WRs, plus they always look to add another outside threat

ricky bobby
03-20-2007, 06:11 PM
A lot of people are sleeping on Jarrett. That's a mistake IMO. His production at USC was amazing. He really showcased himself vs. Notre Dame (even though they do have a weak secondary). I did some research on him and he is still very young. He is the second youngest player in this draft and won't turn 21 until the begining of the season. He should have stayed for his senior year and would have been a top 10 pick next year. That said, I think he has all the potential in the world, and would not be one bit dissapointed if we took him with the 20th overall pick.

hugegmenfan
03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
A lot of people are sleeping on Jarrett. That's a mistake IMO. His production at USC was amazing. He really showcased himself vs. Notre Dame (even though they do have a weak secondary). I did some research on him and he is still very young. He is the second youngest player in this draft and won't turn 21 until the begining of the season. He should have stayed for his senior year and would have been a top 10 pick next year. That said, I think he has all the potential in the world, and would not be one bit dissapointed if we took him with the 20th overall pick.

right he did have a lot of production at USC, however look at the system- he is a product of it- i have no problem with him as a player in the nfl but what all u people need to realize is that we hav SO MANY other glaring needs that r much more important. I dont understand how all of u guys really think WR takes precendence over OT, OLB, CB. there will b plenty of good players @ OLB at the 20th + pick plus also a lot of CB and if levi brown drops to 20, its a no brainer
I like drafting a WR but not until the 4th round- unless some 1 who is a total steal is there in the 3rd it would b a possibility in day 1
Our secondary was ranked 29th in the league last year- doesnt that need help 1st?
our run d was 14th but we lost 2 OLB due to cap casualities- doesnt that need help 1st before a WR?
Our oline lost its starting LT and the backup is a guy who is WAY too raw to start, and in order for eli to b successful and jacobs and reuben to b successful as well?
I agree our WR do not get open enough but i think its ridiculous to even suggest a WR 1st round- i also think its ridiculous to say "lets get a WR just in case toomer goes down again" lets say how moss develops- if we get a good player in the 4th round hell contribute too (look @ a colston type of guy)

hugepunch
03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
right he did have a lot of production at USC, however look at the system- he is a product of it- i have no problem with him as a player in the nfl but what all u people need to realize is that we hav SO MANY other glaring needs that r much more important. I dont understand how all of u guys really think WR takes precendence over OT, OLB, CB. there will b plenty of good players @ OLB at the 20th + pick plus also a lot of CB and if levi brown drops to 20, its a no brainer
I like drafting a WR but not until the 4th round- unless some 1 who is a total steal is there in the 3rd it would b a possibility in day 1
Our secondary was ranked 29th in the league last year- doesnt that need help 1st?
our run d was 14th but we lost 2 OLB due to cap casualities- doesnt that need help 1st before a WR?
Our oline lost its starting LT and the backup is a guy who is WAY too raw to start, and in order for eli to b successful and jacobs and reuben to b successful as well?
I agree our WR do not get open enough but i think its ridiculous to even suggest a WR 1st round- i also think its ridiculous to say "lets get a WR just in case toomer goes down again" lets say how moss develops- if we get a good player in the 4th round hell contribute too (look @ a colston type of guy)the only person that truly believes that is ricky bobby. omg as im typing this im watching the knicks and balkman just connected on a huge dunk aaaaaaah!

ricky bobby
03-20-2007, 08:25 PM
the only person that truly believes that is ricky bobby. omg as im typing this im watching the knicks and balkman just connected on a huge dunk aaaaaaah!

I like the way you underlined and bolded my name. You must really like me.

grizmoandchodey
03-21-2007, 07:11 PM
we do have the other positions to fill but how could you not pass up or trade up for DJ in the second? definitely not in the first but even if he was available by the second round the raiders might snatch him if they choose JR. but if he's still around by the 6th pick in the second round we can't just let him slide right past us, TRADE UP

ricky bobby
03-22-2007, 12:13 PM
we do have the other positions to fill but how could you not pass up or trade up for DJ in the second? definitely not in the first but even if he was available by the second round the raiders might snatch him if they choose JR. but if he's still around by the 6th pick in the second round we can't just let him slide right past us, TRADE UP

I doubt he will slip into the second round. I think the San Diego Chargers will take him with their first round pick. We should look at a WR in round 2.

BaLLiN
03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
I doubt he will slip into the second round. I think the San Diego Chargers will take him with their first round pick. We should look at a WR in round 2.
Don't completely support the WR idea in 2, but it depends upon who is there. Other wise I agree, Chargers let go of McCardell and need a new WR ontop of how they already needed one.

hugegmenfan
03-22-2007, 06:02 PM

The only reason i would take a WR in the 2nd would b if someone really good fell to us and it would b a total steal- otherwise i strongly strongly object to a WR 1st day

grizmoandchodey
03-22-2007, 09:36 PM
i no that WR is on the need list but a minor one. I was thinking that maybe a guy like Marcus McCauley would fit our system and he was a potential first rounder. I think if he's available in the 2nd round at our pick we should take him and then maybe trade up in the third for a decent wide out