PDA

View Full Version : Week 6-Detroit(+10) at New York Giants

Scotty D
10-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Discuss the game and make a prediction.

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
What's the word on Megatron and Stafford?

Scotty D
10-12-2010, 05:45 PM
What's the word on Megatron and Stafford?

Stafford is out. This is the last thing Schwartz said about Megatron

Coach Jim Schwartz is holding out hope that Calvin Johnson (shoulder) can practice this week.
"He is doing some tests (Monday)," Schwartz said. "He's no worse than he was (Sunday), but this is something that's going to develop through the week." Schwartz made it clear that Johnson wouldn't have been able to practice Monday, but "it's a long way to Wednesday and a long way to Sunday." It sounds like Schwartz is not prepared to rest Johnson in advance of the Week 7 bye if there's a chance he can play.

They follow the Patriots approach when talking about injuries.

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Sounds like he'll play.

Scotty D
10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Sounds like he'll play.

You guys have anybody banged up?

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
You guys have anybody banged up?

Looks like Kiwi, Bulluck, Hedgecock, and O'Hara will still all be out but none of them played last week anyway.

Rosebud
10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Man I hope we don't look past this game. If we're focused and can keep the roll going heading into Dallas next week before the bye we could be sitting really pretty coming out of the bye just in time to fall flat to Seattle and Dallas.

Scotty D
10-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Did you guys know Suh works at Subway?

http://imgur.com/e4GLi.jpg

Prowler
10-13-2010, 07:43 AM
finally, somebody without armpit hands.

as for the game....I saw what happened to Cutler. Osi is on a tear with 3 sacks against Bears and 2 more last week and Tuck had 3 against the Bears and 1 last week. Schaub went 16 of 34 with more pressure than the 3 sacks against showed. I am scared of the Giants Dline killing Stafford and Best. Best can play sparingly if he likes, but hopefully Stafford sits out one more week. Plus Shaun Hill did get us a victory last week and we can reward him with continuing to start.

Our Dline is good, but Jacobs and Bradshaw will be a handful. Hakeem Nicks is a nightmare matchup against our corners. I don't see us stopping him at all this game. This isn't about how good we are right now, I just think the Giants have some good things going for them and we probably can't stop them. In order to fight for this game, we need somebody besides calvin johnson to play out of his mind in this game. Burleson or somebody has to go out there and be effective. If calvin is out, then our comeback rally in the 4th quarter has no chance.

NYG-20
Det-13

coordinator0
10-13-2010, 08:01 AM
I'd hate to be the sorry SOB that tries to rob Suh's Subway!

tblain1
10-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Stafford is out. This is the last thing Schwartz said about Megatron

They follow the Patriots approach when talking about injuries.

Good. Let him rest.

After what these guys did to Cutler a week back I don't want to see Stafford come in and get tee'd up.

Early in the season I thought this might be a potential win (needing a number of things to happen but still...), but the Giants defense is pretty stifling. I think we probably lose this one unless our defense can take a few away from their offense. I predict a low scorer:

16-6 Lions lose.

Giantsfan1080
10-13-2010, 01:13 PM
The question is if the Giants win who here is buying me Subway?

Scotty D
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
The question is if the Giants win who here is buying me Subway?

I was going to ask one of you bozos about a one week avy bet.

Giantsfan1080
10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm superstitious and don't want to be a jinx so count me out.

Scotty D
10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm superstitious and don't want to be a jinx so count me out.

k, I probably see if scottyboy is interested.

noondog
10-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Giants 34 Lions 24

With all the heat the Giants will be looking to bring and getting into the backfield quickly, I'm expecting a big day from best on the screens. Best will get 110 rec yds and 45 rush yds with a score.

Scotty D
10-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Something fishy could be going on with Stafford. Schwartz hasn't ruled him out yet and he usually names Hill the starter on Wednesday.

Prowler
10-15-2010, 06:54 AM
i would dress but not start him. he's gotta be out of sync after the layoff.

noondog
10-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Something fishy could be going on with Stafford. Schwartz hasn't ruled him out yet and he usually names Hill the starter on Wednesday.

I actually read something today that said Stafford was seen tying his shoe laces with only his left hand in the locker room on Tuesday, which I thought was really weird...I mean, even to report that is weird. Maybe it's a big smokescreen and Staff will be 100% (or close to) by Sunday. That would fill me with pleasant feelings.

Giantsfan1080
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Would you really want Stafford coming back from injury against a very good pass rushing team though? I don't see the rush here to get him back.

Silver & Blue
10-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I actually read something today that said Stafford was seen tying his shoe laces with only his left hand in the locker room on Tuesday, which I thought was really weird...I mean, even to report that is weird. Maybe it's a big smokescreen and Staff will be 100% (or close to) by Sunday. That would fill me with pleasant feelings.

I hate to break it to you but Stafford just started throwing in practice today and is still not expected back for two more weeks.

noondog
10-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Quarterbacks play injured. You don't draft a china doll. If he's healthy enough to play, then you play him. I understand the argument that we have to consider his long-term health, and I don't think that any of us are more aware of that than the organization. But the argument that even though he might be healthy enough to play we sit him because the Giants will kill him is bogus to me. We improve by playing the best.

If he can go, he should go. If not, so be it.

Scotty D
10-15-2010, 07:11 PM
They let Best play less than 100%.

J-Mike88
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
This forum has more activity than my Packers one does. You're better fans in here.

Personally, there's no way I'd rush Stafford back. The shoulder is a crucial thing obviously for a QB. And what's the status of Megatron?

Between your key offensive guys, and our whole ****** team, guys are just getting killed out there, and we're only 5 weeks into the season.

I used to be for an 18-game season. Now I'm seeing the fault with that.

Silver & Blue
10-15-2010, 07:25 PM
They let Best play less than 100%.

True, but Best's injury isn't as critical as Staffords is. Maybe if Stafford just had a finger injury then it wouldn't be a big deal. But a shoulder injury for a QB is like a knee injury for a RB.

And what's the status of Megatron?

I think yesterday or the day before he was able to practice, but he was still limited. So it will probably be a game time decision.

BRAVEHEART
10-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Shaun Hill will be the sacrificial lamb on sunday. Hopefully this pleases the football gods into giving Stafford full health. Seems like they're still pissed management didn't surround Barry with enough talent to win a SB.

detroitsports
10-16-2010, 06:57 PM
My bold prediction: If the Lions win this game, they will make the playoffs. Still have all 3 divisional opponents at home plus winnable games at Washington, Buffalo, and Tampa. Not to mention we always play Dallas tough, and the other win we should already have (I like to count it in my heart.) 7-9 to 9-7 not totally impossible. You can't say we aren't due.

Scotty D
10-17-2010, 02:02 PM
The Lions just get hammered with penalties every week.

Addict
10-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Shaun Hill will be the sacrificial lamb on sunday. Hopefully this pleases the football gods into giving Stafford full health. Seems like they're still pissed management didn't surround Barry with enough talent to win a SB.

the football gods tend to hold grudges for a long ******* time then ;)

Seriously though, Suh is doing well again, judging from his stat line.

WMD
10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
The Lions just get hammered with penalties every week.
We really do. It is so very frustrating.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
the football gods tend to hold grudges for a long ******* time then ;)

Seriously though, Suh is doing well again, judging from his stat line.

They're gods. A year to them is like a day.

Hopefully Lions D can force a turn-over. They're hanging in there, but Stanton has already made his 1 play for the game.

Oh, and Shaun Hill has been sacrificed.

Addict
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
so anyone watching this game? Do we really have a chance here/

Addict
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
They're gods. A year to them is like a day.

Hopefully Lions D can force a turn-over. They're hanging in there, but Stanton has already made his 1 play for the game.

Oh, and Shaun Hill has been sacrificed.

stat-wise even Stanton isn't looking half bad.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM
stat-wise even Stanton isn't looking half bad.

Football Gods were pleased with Hill's sacrifice. He was expected to just be knocked down and bruised, but he went out there and got injured. They've now given stanton enough power to look like a decent QB.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Lions give it away.

Give it away, give it away, give it away now!

Scotty D
10-17-2010, 02:53 PM
weak sauce

ironman4579
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I mean, I guess it's better that we're frustrated at being so close this year, rather than the indifferent sort of frustration of getting blown out every week. So there's that.........

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I mean, I guess it's better that we're frustrated at being so close this year, rather than the indifferent sort of frustration of getting blown out every week. So there's that.........

True, plus we are close with 2nd and 3rd string QB's.

Prowler
10-17-2010, 03:53 PM
what would you guys have done if stafford would have stayed out on the field and led them back?

ironman4579
10-17-2010, 04:01 PM
what would you guys have done if stafford would have stayed out on the field and led them back?

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/robocop-fap.gif

Scotty D
10-17-2010, 04:15 PM
ESPN list Suh's stat line as

1.5 Sacks
2 TFLs
3 QB hits

So did he get 1.5 sacks + 2 TFLs + 3 QB hits or do they overlap?

Calvin is up to 437 and 5 TDs

Pettigrew 7 for 61

ironman4579
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
If it's like college ball the TFL's and sacks overlap, so he'd have .5 non sack (running play) TFL's. I'd assume they'd do it the same way for NFL games. No idea on QB hits though.

Prowler
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
still, i'd definitely take 12 sacks this year. kvb also showed up for one play on the opening drive at least.

does anyone remember the last game that peterman hasn't had a stupid penalty?

Addict
10-17-2010, 05:01 PM
if matthew can stay healthy, this team might not be half bad.

We need a secondary though... we're getting torched week in, week out.

Prowler
10-17-2010, 05:13 PM
i thought our defense played relatively well, except for some penalties. one more draft will make a huge difference.

Addict
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
i thought our defense played relatively well, except for some penalties. one more draft will make a huge difference.

forgive me for sounding jaded, but doesn't it always?

Scotty D
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
If Dallas beats Minnesota every team in the North will have lost. They won't lose ground on the first place team. Get healthy, beat Washington after the bye, and then see where they are.

Addict
10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
minny is leading though, and I have to say I'm so used to the Lions not doing well that I'd rather see the Cowboys epically dissapoint than have a somewhat better chance to do nothing.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2010, 08:57 PM
forgive me for sounding jaded, but doesn't it always?

it never did for me, it was always "a couple years and we'll be good". This year is, "we'll be good as long as staff is healthy".

Scotty D
10-18-2010, 12:11 AM
http://imgur.com/LRRcm.jpg

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Well another frustrating loss but close which gives us hope still for after the bye with the Lion King Simba Stafford.

Stupid mistakes kill us as always, penalties especially the Suh hands to the face led to TD instead of 3rd and 20, Peterman being a moron coming in late with a hit which led to Hill getting hurt, the illegal formation taking away a big Burleson gain into the Giants redzone followed by the Stanton fumble, Avril swinging giving them a TD instead of a FG, catching ball inbounds instead of letting it go out on the kickoff, drops, Burleson fumble while driving that the Giants turned around into a td, Wesley personal foul knocking us back on the last drive. Yikes. Deserve to lose with all those mistakes.

I was impressed/surpised with Stanton though. It wasn't pretty but he kept us in the game both in the air and with his legs. The last pass to Pettigrew was a little high but catchable.

Our run defense needs some serious work. It doesn't help having 6th string LBs in and our secondary taking bad angles but Bradshaw did what he wanted and Jacobs punched it in twice. Especially to the right side as expected right at Avril. And our run offense is even more atrocious. Somebody needs to learn how to run block, thankfully the short stuff to Best and the Tight Ends still work and Calvin had a big game.

Stinks losing Hill but hope Stafford is back. Thought it should have been a penalty with Tuck going low on Hill. Isn't that the Tom Brady rule or can you hit below the knees. He may have got blocked into him I'll have to double check.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
when they called 6 men on the line was it just me or did we have 7.

I thought I counted 7.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM
when they called 6 men on the line was it just me or did we have 7.

I thought I counted 7.

There was 7 I just rewatched the play. 1 WR at the very top, then 5 linemen, then a TE next to Gosder. Maybe it was because Burleson was not on the line covering up the TE. Don't really get why it was illegal and that is absolute bull **** if it wasn't. Such a big swing if that is the case. The First down went to the 5 yard line and the very next play Osi stripped Stanton and Tuck recovered leading to a Giants td moving the score to 21-10 instead of 17-14 Lions lead. I hope there is an expanation on why at some point.

Rewatched one more time and paused it. Gosder is back off the line a little bit. It's his fault.