PDA

View Full Version : Darrelle Revis Impresses at Pro Day

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-19-2007, 06:23 PM
He blazed a 4.39 and 4.41 i believe, solidifying a spot in round one. He has been my favorite corner in this draft for a while, and i just wanted to see him run before deciding, but I wouldnt be mad if we drafted him. I think his game speed is better than Hall's and i saw him first hand up here when they played UConn and he was terrific. He has good size to match up with bigger receivers as well. I still would want Willis or Poz if they are there but i wouldnt be upset if we drafted Revis

tuccic
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Just remember just because you run a fast 40 time doesnt mean that you are an excellent corner (probably not in this case but in general). 40 time is a good thing to go by, but that shouldnt be the big decision maker...remember Will Allen had blazing speed and look how he turned up. I would love to see them take a corner and then a linebacker, preferably Beason in the second round

GiantRutgersFan
03-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Im not a huge fan of Revis by any stretch. I wouldnt take him in the first. But I think if we trade down and he's available I would be ok with that.

BigBlueKiper do you go to UConn????

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Yea i do go to UConn GRF. And 40 times absolutely dont make good corners but when you combine solid play with good speed that makes a successful NFL corner. Measurables are just used to reinforce the idea that a player is good, they shouldnt be the reason that makes you think a player is good. i am a staunch believer that your play in college should depend on where your drafted.

GiantRutgersFan
03-19-2007, 11:50 PM
yea dude. I used to go to school In CT and I hung out at Uconn quite a bit.

yo you know that road that you gotta go up to get from 84 to stoors?

Last year me and my buddy went up there to pick up our girlfriends (my buddy had a girlfriend at Uconn then I started hooking up with the roomate lol). But anyways, it started snowing real hard. IDK if you remember that day, but it snowed like 8 inches in 2 hours.... So about 20 minutes before we got there, it started snowing hard, then we went in the dorms, hung out, then ate lunch and an hour later left to go back to me and my buddys school. Anyways the car got stuck about 5 times going up this one hill on the road out from Uconn. You prob know what I am talking about, but we had to push our car almost all the way up that massive hill....

But yea, Uconn is a pretty fun time. do you know a girl named Kelly L or Michelle D by any chance?

joepas171
03-20-2007, 02:19 AM
I would not be unhappy if we got Reveis at#20......
I would not be happy if we get him at #20 and he does not start right away.
Screw that! He'd better be a player.

ricky bobby
03-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Like Leon Hall, his speed was a question coming into the draft process. He had a very good career at Pitt., but proving his speed is what propelled him into round 1. I think we should give Hall, Houston and Revis a look at #20. CB is a huge need for us.

Slasher28
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Judging by what we have right now, I think that any three would be good, but Revis or Houston would probably fit us the best because they cover better than Hall