PDA

View Full Version : Jason Smith

bigbuc
10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Hows he doing this year? Playing LT or RT? I know his first year was a wash with injury. Loved him coming out of school.

NGSeiler
10-15-2010, 09:51 PM
He's currently playing right tackle, and IMO through five weeks, he's not had a particularly good season. I thought he was particularly poor in the Detroit game, where it seemed Cliff Avril had him beat quite a number of times.

holt_bruce81
11-03-2010, 12:48 AM
He's currently playing right tackle, and IMO through five weeks, he's not had a particularly good season. I thought he was particularly poor in the Detroit game, where it seemed Cliff Avril had him beat quite a number of times.

I would classify it as a good season before I would say it's been a bad season.

K Train
11-03-2010, 04:17 PM

that was cliff avril playing vicariously through Ndamukong praise be his name Suh

(idk if i used vicariously right)

jason smith was this "elite" pass proteccting former TE prospect and crushing run blocker (despite not playing in a 3 point stance and run blocking hardly ever). i had him 4th among the tackles that year and so far im pretty right with all my predictions

Oher and Monroe are playing decent, not spectacular but i had them #1 and #2

A. Smith should be a guard, i said that then and had him #3 regarless

J Smith was very raw but being he "such an amazing athlete" for the position he should be playing on the left at this point

is saffold the starting LT? thats pretty impressive by him if so

NGSeiler
11-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I would classify it as a good season before I would say it's been a bad season.

He's not been downright awful, but he hasn't been great either. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose, I'd really have a hard time picking between "good season" or "bad season" because I think he's been in between with ups and downs. The fact that he's injured again isn't exactly a good sign, either.

is saffold the starting LT? thats pretty impressive by him if so

Yes, Saffold is starting at left tackle.

tfry
12-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Considering where Smith was drafted and the amount of money we signed him to, I would say it's been a bad season. #2 overall pick for an average RT??? Rams are lucky as hell Saffold has turned out as good as he has!