PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Jets, week 8

J-Mike88
10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
They have week 8 game threads already in the Lions camp here, almong others.
The Packers-Jets game is much bigger.

JETS are favored by 6 points at the moment.

Discuss, and predict.

Their defense is fierce. Their running game the best we've faced yet this year as their OL simply plows people.
Tomlinson is running like he's 5 years younger.
Santonio Holmes with Braylon Edwards, and TE Dustin Keller are a formidable trio.

On defense, they have a lot of additions with CB Antonio Cromartie and Jason Taylor.... this is a team who was aggressive in the off-season with free agency and trades. It will be a contrast in styles in terms of personnel acquisitions from their GM and our GM.

They lost their big NT early, Kris Jenkins (Cullen's bro), but their defense has still been solid.
Revis missed most of 2 games with the pulled hammy.

Sanchez went 5 games before throwing his first int, but he had 2 last week in a lucky win for them at Denver.

They just had their bye week so they are fresh and had extra time to prepare for our team. We're the opposite of fresh.

But look for McCarthy to have some new wrinkles in his offense for the Jets.
Same with Capers on defense, if he has enough un-crippled bodies suited up.

If we beat these ****ers, it will send a strong message to the rest of the NFC and league that we're still a team to be reckoned with, as most everyone thought before the season started. And we will be in first place alone in the division at 5-3.

Can we beat these guys? Sure. But it will take our best game of the season, or some help from the zebras.

bigboiajhawk
10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
I am more worried about our defense than our offense. I think we will score on them, predicting we will score in the 20's, but I think the Jets offense is high powered, and if we cant contain LT and Greene, it will be a long game.

J-Mike88
10-28-2010, 09:49 AM
http://packersinsider.com/2010/10/nfl-preview-packers-at-jets/

^ Packers @ Jets preview ^

J-Mike88
10-28-2010, 09:54 AM
PREDICTIONS:

Jets 31
Packers 17

Our first, non-close, 3-point difference, loss.
Everyone has a stinker every now and then, and the Jets are as fresh as a **** daisy, while we are the polar opposite. Banged up, depleted, just not sharp.

And their strength will expose us if Jenkins and Pickett are out with Mike Neal on the sideline... while Johnny Jolly rots in hell. You can't expect Raji to do it all on the DL, and can't expect Bishop & Hawk to plug every gap.

Dustin Keller is a guy that worries me too if healthy.

One thing I am watching is to see if MCCARTHY makes sure the zebra's watch REVIS' mugging, clutching & grabbing as closely as they watch WOODSON. D'RELL gets away with more of it than Woodson does even. It's up to MM to make sure the zebra is aware of this BEFORE the game starts, and stay on the **** old zebras.

PackerLegend
10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Packers 31
Jets 28

Yes im a homer... even with 3rd stringers I cant pick against my team.

umphrey
10-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Packers 24 Jets 21

Rodgers will finally get it this week...going to happen when you least expect it.

bigboiajhawk
10-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I predict that this game will be a blowout for one team. If A-Rod can get going, we will score lots of points. However, if he throws two picks in the red zone again, the packers will lose by a ton.

J-Mike88
10-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I predict that this game will be a blowout for one team. If A-Rod can get going, we will score lots of points. However, if he throws two picks in the red zone again, the packers will lose by a ton.
So if it's a prediction, which team?

umphrey
10-30-2010, 07:14 PM
With Harris and Bigby still out, most of our DL unlikely to play, and all of the new faces that will be on special teams and possibly on defense, this game is starting to look bleak. It would be a good week to play a team that doesn't have much offense, let alone a power running team... or just have a bye.

J-Mike88
10-30-2010, 09:00 PM
With Harris and Bigby still out, most of our DL unlikely to play, and all of the new faces that will be on special teams and possibly on defense, this game is starting to look bleak. It would be a good week to play a team that doesn't have much offense, let alone a power running team... or just have a bye.
Yeah, I worry about special teams as well..... if we don't allow a KR or PR for a TD, I will be happy.

Hopefully Jenkins can go, and team with the new big fella, Raji, CJ Wilson, and Jarius Wynn and stay fresh and occupy some blocks and allow the Bishop, Hawk, and Matthews to hammer LT and Shonn Greene, maybe force a fumble or two?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
Wow, 0 of the experts pick the Packers, and 0 pick the Vikings.

cvv84
10-31-2010, 12:28 PM
**** you and your fake punts...

cvv84
10-31-2010, 12:34 PM
That was a close play and a huge momentum swing in our favor. Gutsy call that wreaks of arrogance from Rex Ryan.

cvv84
10-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Pat Lee carted to the locker room for x-rays on his ankle...

princefielder28
10-31-2010, 12:50 PM
sluggish start from both teams

cvv84
10-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Jets are killing themselves. We need to start taking advantage and putting up 7's on the board.

Packystan
10-31-2010, 01:01 PM
That drop by Quarless really hurt. Jennings had Revis beat on the slant as well, but that play is one Finley would have made in his sleep.

umphrey
10-31-2010, 01:23 PM
I feel good about hyping up Tramon this week. Forced fumble on LT earlier in the drive, possibly a pick right now. That interception/forced fumble was really impressive that it was 3rd and 11 and Tramon took the ball away on a 4 yard slant. Most CBs wouldn't have the confidence to do that - they would let the completion happen and make the tackle short of the sticks. Tramon possibly took a field goal off the board and gave us field position.

cvv84
10-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Run the ******* ball a little McCarthy. Rodgers is 7 of 20 and just took 2 sacks in the last 2 drives. Mix it up already...

Hmm and there goes Jackson for 27 yards. The guy isn't an inept runner.

umphrey
10-31-2010, 01:40 PM
when's the last time the Packers have been in a 3-0 game at half time?

umphrey
10-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Biggest shocker: 0 turnovers, 0 penalties, 3 take aways, 3 points

umphrey
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
since when did they make it OK to tackle a receiver 20 yards down field so long as the QB is outside the pocket?

Packystan
10-31-2010, 02:55 PM
GREAT STOP D!!!! Hope Rodgers' injury isn't serious. The Defense so far has looked like the 2009 2nd ranked unit. Trammon needs to get locked up now!! Des Bishop has been everywhere, and we've somehow been able to turn the 'mighty' Jets running game into a complete non factor. Great job by Raji, Jenkins, and the new addition Green up front.

cvv84
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Clay baby!!

princefielder28
10-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Game ball goes to Dom Capers

umphrey
10-31-2010, 03:17 PM
player of the game:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/lacrossetribune.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/9/2b/b12/92bb1234-b36d-11df-a9b3-001cc4c002e0-revisions/4c7a5a3849327.image.jpg

huh?

If Capers wasn't a coach I would have said him...

PackerLegend
10-31-2010, 03:22 PM
3rd string defense shutout.

drowe
10-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow. did not see that coming. great win! well...ugly win..but, i had this penciled in as a loss when we were still healthy.

derza222
10-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Props to you guys, absolutely outplayed us and the energy level that the Packers had was absolutely awesome. Your defense was incredible too. The defensive front really brought it today, shut down the run game which absolutely killed the Jets' offense and I don't think a lot of people saw coming. Your defensive backs have some really nice ball skills too, went after the ball better than the Jets' wideouts did. I knew about Woodson, but Williams had a hell of a game as well. For the Packers to come out with all of those injuries and do a lot better than it seemed like Packers fans on this board thought would've been really cool to watch if I wasn't a Jets fan and I think showed how resilient and mentally tough your team is. Good game, and good luck the rest of the year!

J-Mike88
10-31-2010, 05:15 PM
This was an old Steelers or Ravens kind of ugly win.
Defense keeps rescuing the ****** offense, over and over and over.

No huge special teams gafs, and we only committed (or were called for) 3 penalties for 15 yards.

An ugly win. But ugly wins sure taste better than pretty losses don't they?

The last time the Packers won without scoring a touchdown was Dec. 21, 2006, a 9-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field.

J-Mike88
10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Notes and Quotes from today's win:

"It feels really good to win on the road against one of the better teams in the AFC and NFL on their turf. The defense really held us up, (we) came through with some clutch drives and we got the field goals. It feels real good."
— Packers receiver Greg Jennings

"It's a big one, but that's just the way this season has gone. We've had some close games that have come down to the final plays, gone into overtime and we've come out on the wrong end of them. Today, (it was) a tough defensive battle and ours came up big and came up with a big win."
— Packers cornerback Charles Woodson

"We know the type of players we have on this team. We know the type of team that we have. It doesn't matter what everyone else says or thinks."
— Packers safety Charlie Peprah

"I think our defense did a really good job today. It was a great effort. They held them to nine points, and we need to help them out on offense. That starts with the quarterback. I can't give them picks like that. I was happy with the decisions, but the throws have to be better. It was a poor performance by myself, and it's tough to get an offense going when your quarterback isn't playing well."
— Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez

"I think some passes just got away from me. The thing was that I was making the right decisions witht he ball, I just wasn't putting it in the right spot, and I have to help the receivers out. When I'm not playing well, it's really hard for (offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer) to make the right calls. It's hard to get the running game going when we're not getting completions, and we left a lot of completions out there today. It's just a poor job on my part."
— Sanchez

"I thought our defense was outstanding. We held them to 14 percent on third-down conversions. We didn't it done as a team. We had a coulpe of costly interceptions, and that's all I'll say about it. I thought Mark (Sanchez) wasn't throwing the ball very effectively in the first half, I thought he threw it much better in the second half, but we just couldn't catch it. That's uncharacteristic of this football team to drop some balls. It's just frustrating. (Kicker) Nick (Folk) missed a field goal that he's been making in his sleep. We just weren't good enough today."
— Jets coach Rex Ryan

"This was something that (punter) Steve (Weatherford) did on his own. I don't think he realized we'd just been sacked. We told him before that it needed to be a manageable situation, not fourth-and-20 or whatever it was. As he was running, I was trying to make sure he knew where the first down marker was. I don't think he was clear on that."
— Ryan on the Jets' failed fake punt.

Sportsfan486
11-01-2010, 01:34 AM
[B]
"This was something that (punter) Steve (Weatherford) did on his own. I don't think he realized we'd just been sacked. We told him before that it needed to be a manageable situation, not fourth-and-20 or whatever it was. As he was running, I was trying to make sure he knew where the first down marker was. I don't think he was clear on that."
Ryan on the Jets' failed fake punt.

Wait, what? This makes no sense. Their punter decided to randomly run for a first on a called punt. And didn't know where the first down marker was? This has to be Ryan trying to make himself not look bad for a dumb call. Right?

Nice win. We need to win last week. If we head into the bye at 6-3 that's going to be huge, considering we were at 3-3 and staring at a ton of injuries.

cvv84
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Wait, what? This makes no sense. Their punter decided to randomly run for a first on a called punt. And didn't know where the first down marker was? This has to be Ryan trying to make himself not look bad for a dumb call. Right?

I find it hard to believe as well. Especially considering the poor field position that the Jets had at the time of the fake punt. He didn't look to upset on the sidelines when they failed to convert which seems to me like it was a called play.