PDA

View Full Version : Saw This on the Cleveland Forum very Interesting thought ?

ChefMike
03-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Trade David Carr and a pick or 2, like your 2nd and 3rd to Cleveland for the 3rd overall spot.

Not a bad deal if you ask me... gives you the chance to pick Russell or Quinn or CJ and you still have your pick at #8 !! That would be a steal if that would be pulled off. You could improve WR or QB at #3 or and then at #8 you could take Peterson possibly... WOW that would be the best draft of the last decade and totally make up for the people that complained last year about passing on Reggie Bush !!!!

ChefMike
03-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Just a thought meer speculation but... what if you were able to pull off that deal with Cleveland...your missing a QB !? Now trade your 2nd or 3rd next year for Trent Green after the draft... now you put one of the most efficient QB's in the league with Ahman Green and (potentially) Adrian Peterson in the backfield and Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and (potentially) Charles Johnson Holy smokes that would be a GREAT offense and a great blend of Young Talent and Proven Ability. That in my opinion puts you as a potential wild card team next year and depending on how Indy's Defense plays maybe even able to contend for a division title.

shulaw05
03-20-2007, 09:32 AM
trade like that would never happen merely for salary cap reasons. part of the reasons texans have been inactive in free agency is cause they don't have much cap room (under $8 million or something like that). They simply could not afford to sign to top 10 draft picks.

JoeMontainya
03-20-2007, 11:43 AM
cleveland fans dont even like that trade we hate it.

ChefMike
03-20-2007, 01:38 PM
trade like that would never happen merely for salary cap reasons. part of the reasons texans have been inactive in free agency is cause they don't have much cap room (under $8 million or something like that). They simply could not afford to sign to top 10 draft picks.

If you didnt have David Carr... you would surely have plenty of cap room to sign draft picks. But I do agree your cap situation for a Team that doesnt have multiple Pro Bowl players on it is a poor representation of your GM...

shulaw05
03-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Can't totally blame Rick Smith, he hasn't even been the GM for a full year yet. Blame Charlie Casserly all you want...

i guess it might be possible to sign a #3 and #8 guy if we dumped carr...but think of how much money we would have tied up in a few players...Mario, Andre Johnson (who actually deserves his $ and i'm thirlled we signed him to an extension), whoever #3 and #8 would be...not to mention travis johnson, babin (who i don't think was cut/released). For a team that has sooooooo many needs, and we do have a lot of needs (safety, corner, lb, d-line, o-line, qb, rb, wr, etc...) having 75% of our money tied up in so few guys will do nothing to make the team better as a whole.

all that being said...so long as we don't draft brady quinn i will be happy.

ChefMike
03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Very true Casserly was the mastermind behind most of the debacle with your salary cap but you are over $12 million under the cap... Just really hasnt been anyone out there worth spending the money on...

shulaw05
03-21-2007, 09:08 AM
totally agree that it has been a weak year for free agency. no reason for us to go over spending on average players. no matter what we do this year we will still not be better than the colts next year. i'm content to see the team save cap room, build a solid base and grow. i would actually love to see them take levi brown or alan branch with the #8 if they are there...really build up our o-line and d-line an work from there. our d-line has been just as bad, if not worse than the o-line which everyone calls out on a daily basis. i think if we add one more solid dt our d-line could grow together nicely...nd kalu and mario williams at de (with babin coming in on rushing plays), and anthony maddox (who played well last year) at dt...we need another solid dt for the 4-3.

757Dawg
03-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Laughable.

We're really going to trade the #3 overall for just a 2nd and 3rd rounder along with QB who has been grossly mediocre and has been beaten into the ground for the last five seasons?

Seriously, come on......

ChefMike
03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Laughable.

We're really going to trade the #3 overall for just a 2nd and 3rd rounder along with QB who has been grossly mediocre and has been beaten into the ground for the last five seasons?

Seriously, come on......

Are you saying that it could never happen or are you saying it shouldnt happen...

Now I wouldnt put anything past Cleveland...