PDA

View Full Version : Here's who the Steelers are actually INTERESTED IN

Bababooey
03-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Scott Wright, take a hint dude. Lay off of Jarvis Moss next time.

On Tuesday, Tomlin showed up at Arkansas to watch DE Jamaal Anderson and CB Chris Houston; on Wednesday, he watched WRs Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis at LSU; on Thursday, Tomlin appeared at Florida State to see OLB Lawrence Timmons; and on Friday, he showed up at Michigan to watch the workouts of first-day prospects CB Leon Hall. DT Alan Branch, ILB David Harris, and DE LaMarr Woodley.

The most telling appearance may have been the one at Florida State, where Tomlin was the only NFL head coach. He drew the attention of Timmons’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, who was overheard telling Tomlin that his client would “be in better shape by minicamp,” according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Timmons measured 6-0 7/8 at the combine and weighed 234 pounds. He ran 4.66 40 at the combine and didn’t improve upon the time at his pro day.

The only Head Coach to watch Timmons? Hmmmm, interesting. Paging Scott Wright?

If Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams falls (not likely, but not that suprising) it seems they'll be the pick, I wouldn't rule out a trade up either, and quite honestly with how awful our 2nd day has been I wouldn't mind. I don't think they would trade up for Branch though, but they're showing interest in him.

If we take a LB/DE hybrid guy at 15, it'll be Timmons NOT Jarvis Moss. It seems we're going D in round 1, and WR in round 2. Of all the LB's, I prefer Willis. He's the best player. Craig Davis, Woodley, David Harris are possible 2nd rounders.

Also, why the hell do we hear Ryan Kalil being mentioned on this website? Right now on the depth chart, Kendall Simmons is slated to be the Center (cringe), and Mahan the RG. They actually have depth on the OL, and prefer Marvin Phillip over Okobi. They're also on the works of resigning Polamalu and Faneca to longterm deals.

mikehop05
03-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Scott Wright, take a hint dude. Lay off of Jarvis Moss next time.

The only Head Coach to watch Timmons? Hmmmm, interesting. Paging Scott Wright?

If Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams falls (not likely, but not that suprising) it seems they'll be the pick, I wouldn't rule out a trade up either, and quite honestly with how awful our 2nd day has been I wouldn't mind. I don't think they would trade up for Branch though, but they're showing interest in him.

If we take a LB/DE hybrid guy at 15, it'll be Timmons NOT Jarvis Moss. It seems we're going D in round 1, and WR in round 2. Of all the LB's, I prefer Willis. He's the best player. Craig Davis, Woodley, David Harris are possible 2nd rounders.

Also, why the hell do we hear Ryan Kalil being mentioned on this website? Right now on the depth chart, Kendall Simmons is slated to be the Center (cringe), and Mahan the RG. They actually have depth on the OL, and prefer Marvin Phillip over Okobi. They're also on the works of resigning Polamalu and Faneca to longterm deals.

timmons isnt a lb/de tweener, he honestly isnt even a great fot for 3 - 4 olb, he really just seems like a 4 - 3 will now

DeathbyStat
03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I was going to ask this question about Timmons as to if we were interested in him. Kiper change our pick in his mock draft from Moss to Timmons,

Smooth Criminal
03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Scott has us getting Leon Hall right now.

DeathbyStat
03-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Scott has us getting Leon Hall right now.

Kiper a week or two ago had us taking Moss, now its changed to timmons, I'm not a huge fan of Timmons I'd rather have Willis or Pos and I'm not a huge fan of Pos ever though I've been a penn state ticket holder the past two years.

mikehop05
03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
i hopeeee we dont get moss or timmons, i just dont think either are good fits for us

Smooth Criminal
03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
I think Timmons is a very good 4-3 LB and Tomlin's interest in him shows that he is definately looking ahead to a time when he has the personel to run a 4-3.

Mr. Stiller
03-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Immediately after Woodley's Pro-Day, we have a private workout, as do 3 other teams.