PDA

View Full Version : Summer Vacation

SickwithIt1010
11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
So most of you prolly see me as one of the biggest USC homers on this forum and thats what I am. Im currently playing college baseball but when Im not playin ball Im over at the local high school working as the varsity quarterbacks coach, one of my goals is to be an offensive coordinator at the college level but wouldnt mind just working at the high school level.

Well just for shits and giggles i emailed the QB's coach at USC Clay Helton and was trying to get some ideas for drills, techniques and even asked for some film just to see if the guy would even respond ya know?

Well he emailed me back this morning and he invited me to come to L.A. this summer and check out some of their summer workouts! Lets say i was pretty stoked. Definitely thought it was too cool to be true.

Thought i would share this with the football junkies just because it was a pretty cool deal for me i guess haha.

jayceheathman
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
So most of you prolly see me as one of the biggest USC homers on this forum and thats what I am. Im currently playing college baseball but when Im not playin ball Im over at the local high school working as the varsity quarterbacks coach, one of my goals is to be an offensive coordinator at the college level but wouldnt mind just working at the high school level.

Well just for shits and giggles i emailed the QB's coach at USC Clay Helton and was trying to get some ideas for drills, techniques and even asked for some film just to see if the guy would even respond ya know?

Well he emailed me back this morning and he invited me to come to L.A. this summer and check out some of their summer workouts! Lets say i was pretty stoked. Definitely thought it was too cool to be true.

Thought i would share this with the football junkies just because it was a pretty cool deal for me i guess haha.

That's awesome. Definitely do it if you have the money to deal with the cost of living for one summer in LA.

Brent
11-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I would just go all out, why the hell not?

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I really think im going to, i have family that lives near the campus so it wouldnt be a bad drive from there, i feel like this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity so why not do it big right?

Brent
11-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I really think im going to, i have family that lives near the campus so it wouldnt be a bad drive from there, i feel like this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity so why not do it big right?
make it rain, young gun.

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
make it rain, young gun.

Oh you know it. Definitely the ideal spot for grad school, but not really the ideal price, so gonna take advantage of the time i spend there and get a grad assistant gig at either Univ. Of Idaho or somewhere here in the northwest.

ElectricEye
11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Go for it dude. No reason in the world not to. Unique opportunity.

LizardState
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Do it.

Networking is how you will get that OC job, it's exactly how it's done. Spend as much time there in the summer as possible & don't be shy about asking for an email or letter recommendation for that 1st job from him, even if it's for a Juco or lower division school.

RaiderNation
11-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Theres no reason not to do this. Follow your dreams while you still can

SickwithIt1010
11-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Do it.

Networking is how you will get that OC job, it's exactly how it's done. Spend as much time there in the summer as possible & don't be shy about asking for an email or letter recommendation for that 1st job from him, even if it's for a Juco or lower division school.

Yeah, im definitely going to use this as a way to get my foot into the door of some college coaching. I dont care where i start, as long as i get a job somewhere i feel like ill be good enough to keep going up. Looks like im gonna go, just figuring out when i head down now.