PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Vikes99ej
08-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not worried yet. The fact we went 10-6 two years ago with T-Jack and dumb **** Frerotte makes me a little less anxious. This is still a very good team.

On another note, I went to camp today. Jared Allen and Kevin Williams are awesome.

marshallb
08-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not worried yet. The fact we went 10-6 two years ago with T-Jack and dumb **** Frerotte makes me a little less anxious. This is still a very good team.

On another note, I went to camp today. Jared Allen and Kevin Williams are awesome.

I agree with you, we're not as good of a team without Favre, but we still have a **** ton of talent and we were a playoff team with less talent when T-Jack and Frerotte were QB. We'll just have to become a different team if, and it's still a bif if, Favre does retire. We'll have to run the ball more and rely on our very good defense to win games in the teens and low twenties instead of last year scoring 30 points a game.

We booked our hotel last night for training camp. We're gonna go up Friday morning, watch both practices Friday and then stay over Friday night and watch Saturday morning's practice and then come home. I'm looking forward to it a lot.

vikes_28
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't buy it. He did the same thing last year. He came back. Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it.

vikes_28
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM
$20 says that Joe Webb will be starting by the end of the season if Farve doesn't come back.

djp
08-03-2010, 03:03 PM
$20 says that Joe Webb will be starting by the end of the season if Farve doesn't come back.

Unless Jackson and Rosenfels injure each other while square dancing, I don't see this happening.

I'm not saying he's done, or not done, but it's just not worth it to me to get wrapped up in this right now. Let's see if he's the QB on opening night. Sure, I'd rather have him back, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.

GB12
08-03-2010, 03:05 PM

No way. In order for that to happen you guys would have to be like 4-12. Even without Favre you're probably an 8-10 win team.

Crazy_Chris
08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I have a feeling that Judd Zulgad may have jumped the gun on this one.. I think some guys within the originization told him the Brett said he was probably going to retire. All these reporters want to be the guy who breaks the Brett Favre Story, so he took it and ran.

I still have yet to hear anything official from Brett, until I do I see no reason to believe this. Hell even if Brett made an official announcement that he will not play(as he did last year) I would have trouble believing it at this point in time.

princefielder28
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
yeah, i have a hard time believing that Judd would be the one who breaks the Favre news...like others have pointed out, he's given himself some outs with what he's typed since then

prock
08-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah I really expect Favre to be back.

princefielder28
08-03-2010, 04:08 PM
http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/02/2378261/family-source-favre-has-made-no.html

vikes_28
08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
He's coming back.

General Zod
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Im just going to ignore everything until Favre releases a statement. Even if he does say he isnt going to play, I still wont believe it till I see Jackson behind center vs the Saints.

And if that is the case, this team will win no more then 9 games, tops.

J-Mike88
08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
He's coming back.
For sure he's coming back.
Listen, you get the good and the bad with this guy. This is the bad stuff. This guy is a media wh*re, an attention sl*t

He's like a lot of us are: we love to see ourself on TV. He loves, craved the limelight.

Listen to the first reports on ESPN today. The headline across the screen was "Favre to inform Vikings he's retiring".

He hadn't retired. He just made sure it was leaked to someone, vaguely, so that he could have his day in the spotlight again. He's been a bit jealous with all the Revis and Haynesworth stuff taking his spotlight, and TO last week.

Look, he's gonna say he never said he was retiring this time, when he comes back.

And if I am wrong, remember this: two years ago with Tarvarris, you guys still won the division over us, and that was with us having Rodgers and he did great. And your team I feel is better now with Harvin and Sidney Rice emerging, plus Ray Edwards has blossomed into a good one.

djp
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I think Judd Zulgad is an awful journalist, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he jumped the gun.

marshallb
08-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I think Judd Zulgad is an awful journalist, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he jumped the gun.

I don't think he's awful, but he's far from reliable, and I'd be more than willing to bet he jumped the gun, wanting to be the first to report that Brett Favre's retiring.

yo123
08-04-2010, 12:28 AM
He's coming back.

I went to training camp today too, always a good time. It would have been a lot more fun if we didn't have three captain checkdowns at QB right now. I don't think they threw more than 2 passes each farther than 5 yards down the field during 7 on 7.

vikes_28
08-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Is it football season yet? :(

frubulubu
08-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Farve wi come back...I hope!

Crazy_Chris
08-07-2010, 09:22 PM
An article on how all the rooks have been doing so far... Apparently Chris Cook and Chris DeGeare are doing very well.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_t he_Vikings_rookies_Cook_DeGeare_are_the_standouts_ so_far

marshallb
08-08-2010, 12:08 PM
I had a lot of fun at training camp the last two days, and will post some thoughts and pictures that I took when I get a chance.

marshallb
08-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Interesting article about the CB depth chart. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/14569/chris-cook-continues-push-in-minnesota) I figured it would be Lito Sheppard, Benny Sapp, Chris Cook, and Asher Allen behind Winfield and Griffin, but that looks to be way off. Sapp has missed a lot of time with dehydration, and it looks like Sheppard has failed to impress, where as Cook has done nothing but impress, and Asher Allen got first team reps in a nickel drill.

General Zod
08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Interesting article about the CB depth chart. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/14569/chris-cook-continues-push-in-minnesota) I figured it would be Lito Sheppard, Benny Sapp, Chris Cook, and Asher Allen behind Winfield and Griffin, but that looks to be way off. Sapp has missed a lot of time with dehydration, and it looks like Sheppard has failed to impress, where as Cook has done nothing but impress, and Asher Allen got first team reps in a nickel drill.

I honestly didnt hate the Cook pick, or Gerhart for that matter. What got me was the fact they traded out of the 1st for basically nothing. And then gave up a bunch to trade up in the 2nd.

FuzzyGopher
08-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Cook has also been covering guys like Taye Biddle and Ray Small with Rosenfels and Webb at QB. I'm not taking much from these 11 in 11 drills, I remember during Kelly Jennings rookie year he was unstoppable in camp. I really want to see how Cook does in live action on Saturday, and I especially want to see his tackling which is supposed to be one of his weaknesses and something that he needs to excel at in this scheme.

General Zod
08-09-2010, 10:15 PM
and I especially want to see his tackling which is supposed to be one of his weaknesses and something that he needs to excel at in this scheme.

Ive only heard that he is a better then average tackler from college. Scott even has it in his scouting report that he is.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/CB/Chris-Cook.php

marshallb
08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Ive only heard that he is a better then average tackler from college. Scott even has it in his scouting report that he is.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/CB/Chris-Cook.php

From watching a couple Virginia games this past year, I noticed that he's not afraid to be physical with WRs especially at the LOS, but he tended to show a little hesitation when going in at a RB or TE, letting them come to him instead of going and getting them.

Crazy_Chris
08-10-2010, 05:37 PM
First Depth chart of the season issued today by the Vikes...

http://min.scout.com/2/991145.html

Toby Gerhart is currently the 3rd RB, Asher Allen Listed as starting CB over Sheppard and Sapp.

vikes_28
08-14-2010, 08:00 PM
The one guy I can't wait to watch this pre-season is joe webb.

vikes_28
08-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Garrett Mills has been impressing me so far.

General Zod
08-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Our back up D line is having a nice game too, lots of pressure.

The Dynasty
08-14-2010, 09:59 PM
From what I have watched tonight, I was impressed with Chris Cook and Joe Webb so far. I wasnt too impressed with Albert Young though. I was a little upset that Tarvaris only played a series.. I thought he should have played a quarter... I dont understand why childress did that really.. I guess he want to see Sage. Which Sage did put on a performance. 300+ yards in a preseason game is somewhat impressive.

General Zod
08-14-2010, 10:04 PM
From what I have watched tonight, I was impressed with Chris Cook and Joe Webb so far. I wasnt too impressed with Albert Young though. I was a little upset that Tarvaris only played a series.. I thought he should have played a quarter... I dont understand why childress did that really.. I guess he want to see Sage. Which Sage did put on a performance. 300+ yards in a preseason game is somewhat impressive.

Whats sad is, Sage has absolutely no chance to start for this team(even with no Favre). No matter how good he plays in the preseason, we'll be stuck watching Jackson behind center. And apparently Childress isnt to concerned about getting him some reps in the preseason. Maybe he feels that he doesnt need the playing time.

marshallb
08-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Overall I was quite pleased with that game. I'd have liked to see more of the first team guys, both offense and defense. Sage really impressed me, and hopefully he can build up a bit of a trade value. Mills looked really good, no WRs really stood out to me other than Payne, who looked good early on but then had a couple poor drops. I was pleasantly surprised with Reynaud, he ran a lot tougher and stronger than I thought he would. I thought Young was ok, he had no where to go on his runs, but he looked quite good in the passing game, picking up blitzes and catching the ball. Gerhart didn't show me anything outside of that one run(that iirc got called back), where he got outside and had about 12-15 yards. Joe Webb looked quite solid out there, on that one scramble he had he reminded me sooooo much of Michael Vick pre-dog fighting, just so smooth with long strides and the same little wiggle. I wasn't very happy with the play of the O-line, a lot of penalties and no running room although they did a solid job of pass protection for the most part.

The second and third team D Lines looked very good, especially Mitchell, Guion, and Evans. They were getting pressure, almost at will and also did a very good job filling holes against the run. The LBs were just very solid, Brinkley had a nice play in coverage, and Erin had several free blitzes. I didn't notice Sapp much and I don't think Lito played much, if at all, outside of that first series, but Cook impressed me a lot, as did Asher Allen, other than the punt return **** up. The Safeties didn't show up much other than the couple of dropped INTs early on, but them not showing up may be a good thing, at least they're not getting burnt deep and caught out of position.

Overall, that was a damn good start to the preseason. Now we just gotta see some more of the first teamers in the next game and then let Favre take over the reins when he comes back just before the third preseason game. ;)

FuzzyGopher
08-14-2010, 11:39 PM
The run blocking was just awful, there were no running lanes out there. Gerhart looked hesitant and seemed to dance around even when there were some openings. I didn't really see much of Cook but he had a nice pass breakup and forced a fumble.

prock
08-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Is there any chance Asher Allen stays at the number 2 corner til Griffin wins it back? Or is it being given to Sheppard? And if Sheppard has it, will Allen be the nickel? And if so, what happens to Sapp? 5th corner and gets cut once Griffin gets back? I liked Sapp last year quite a bit. Someone help me solve our cornerback mystery.

Did Toby really look hesitant? That is bad bad news considering he is supposed to be that big bruiser. I was incredibly upset, I ran around the room yelling and cursing when we took him, so I hope to all that is holy my anger isn't justified.

Did Joe Webb look like he is ready to be on an NFL roster, or is he gonna be practice squad this year? If Favre comes back, is there any chance that Webb makes the team?

marshallb
08-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Is there any chance Asher Allen stays at the number 2 corner til Griffin wins it back? Or is it being given to Sheppard? And if Sheppard has it, will Allen be the nickel? And if so, what happens to Sapp? 5th corner and gets cut once Griffin gets back? I liked Sapp last year quite a bit. Someone help me solve our cornerback mystery.

I don't really know what's gonna happen at CB, and that's why I didn't really understand the Sheppard signing with the Cook pick right after that. It's really confusing with how well Cook and Allen have played/looked so far, especially with Sapp not having been able to practice much. I would have guessed Sheppard as the starter with Sapp at the nickel and Allen and Cook playing the Dime/spot duty, until Griffin comes back, but now I'm guessing that it will be a big battle for the rest of preseason, with someone or a couple of guys really standing out and winning the spot(s).

Did Toby really look hesitant? That is bad bad news considering he is supposed to be that big bruiser. I was incredibly upset, I ran around the room yelling and cursing when we took him, so I hope to all that is holy my anger isn't justified.

I have to say he did look a bit hesitant, although he had no place to go at all. It still shouldn't matter with him as he's supposed to be a guy that just punches it up into the hole and pushes ahead for 4 yards. The run blocking last night was horrendous and I think that coupled with the fact that Gerhart may have been a bit nervous probably lead to his hesitation. Really the only RB who looked even half ass decent on carries was Reynaud, who really surprised me. The other guys had absolutely no where to go, and really Reynaud didn't have much room either, he just made a couple plays. I was with you on hating the pick and I have come around on it some, but I agree with you, if he doesn't look any better than that I will be very pissed at a completely wasted pick that confused almost everyone.

Did Joe Webb look like he is ready to be on an NFL roster, or is he gonna be practice squad this year? If Favre comes back, is there any chance that Webb makes the team?

I don't think there's any chance Webb doesn't make the team. I would be incredibly suprised if he is cut. He doesn't look ready, but he seems like someone that Chilly would be paranoid about someone wanting to steal his incredible project. I definitely see Sage either getting traded for a conditional pick, probably starting out as just a 7th rounder with the possibility of it becoming a 5th rounder, or I see him getting cut if no one is interested in him. He doesn't seem like he's one of Chilly and co.'s guys and they could really care less about him. It's pretty obvious that T-Jack is the clear starter if Favre doesn't come back and is the clear # 2 if he does with how last night went. T-Jack played a series and Sage ended up playing for almost 3 quarters; to me that screams that they're trying to raise Sage's value, especially with how many passes he threw, even with the terrible run blocking you'd have thought they'd have wanted to see more of all of those RBs that are fighting for the roster and the 3rd down back.

My thoughts are in bold.

prock
08-15-2010, 06:55 PM
My question on Webb is that would he get sent down to the practice squad for year one and then makes the team next year.

yo123
08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Webb should be on the practice squad this year,who know if he will or not or if he would pass through waivers. All my friends are talking about how awesome he was last night and I keep telling them this is exactly what happened with T-Jack his first preseason. I mean this is the same guy who couldn't complete 60% of his passes in Conference USA. I still think he should be playing receiver.

marshallb
08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
My question on Webb is that would he get sent down to the practice squad for year one and then makes the team next year.

Yea, I don't think that happens because he would be fair game for anyone to pick up and Chilly would be paranoid that someone would pick up his super project. I think that just for that reason Chilly will keep Webb around even if it makes less sense than keeping Sage.

marshallb
08-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Webb should be on the practice squad this year,who know if he will or not or if he would pass through waivers. All my friends are talking about how awesome he was last night and I keep telling them this is exactly what happened with T-Jack his first preseason. I mean this is the same guy who couldn't complete 60% of his passes in Conference USA. I still think he should be playing receiver.

I agree with you there, Webb looked ok last night, but he still has a long ways to go, but for the reason I listed, I don't see him being put on the practice squad. I would love to see his athletic ability out wide, but I don't know that we'll ever see him playing WR, at least for the Vikings while Chilly is coaching.

prock
08-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Ugh, I hate Chilly.

princefielder28
08-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Your QB is flying into town tonight

prock
08-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Always knew he wasn't going to retire...

General Zod
08-17-2010, 02:48 PM
ok guys, we can all breathe now lol

Crazy_Chris
08-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Vikings Waived WR Jaymar Johnson today to make room for Brett Favre....
Pretty surprising to see him cut so soon I thought he was a legit contender for the #5 WR spot.

prock
08-18-2010, 06:32 PM
I liked him too....

djp
08-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Jaymar Johnson is out 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury, he's on the injury/waived list, meaning there's a chance if no one claims him (realistic possibility since he won't be playing), that we can keep him.

General Zod
08-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Interesting write up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-childressvikes081810

And the part where it talks about Favre knowing the offense more then Childress and not trusting his playcalling I can believe %100.

FuzzyGopher
08-19-2010, 12:36 PM
If we trade Sage what do we do with our QB situation next year? Jackson is in the last year of his contract and Brett will retire. So do we re-sign Tarvaris? He seems really bitter over this whole situation, but on the other hand who would sign him? Just seems like we put all our eggs in one basket for this season.

Bengals78
08-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Interesting write up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-childressvikes081810

And the part where it talks about Favre knowing the offense more then Childress and not trusting his playcalling I can believe %100.

What I find interesting is that no one has figured out the 2 sources.
Sage and Tavaris is my guess.

marshallb
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Jaymar Johnson is out 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury, he's on the injury/waived list, meaning there's a chance if no one claims him (realistic possibility since he won't be playing), that we can keep him.

I've been a big fan of Johnson's since last year during training camp, so I really hope he does make it back to us.

And lol about Favre not trusting Childress. Knowing that makes me like Favre a little more. I'm almost positive none of us trust him, so it's good to know that people actually in the game feel the same way.

contento
08-19-2010, 03:10 PM
did Harvin have serious migraine problems while he was at Florida?

Somehow I don't remember hearing anything about Migraines during the draft or beforehand in the various scouting reports.

Crazy_Chris
08-19-2010, 04:20 PM
did Harvin have serious migraine problems while he was at Florida?

Somehow I don't remember hearing anything about Migraines during the draft or beforehand in the various scouting reports.

I am sure he dealt with them a bit during his time at Florida, however it definatly seems to be happening a whole lot more frequently in the NFL.

I actually am starting to believe that the weed may have been helping to surpress the migranes a bit.

General Zod
08-19-2010, 04:23 PM
I dont know, but him passing out at practice today is some scary ****.

djp
08-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I've smoked before when I've had a headache and it's helped alot, but it wasn't a migraine. I say let Percy smoke his buds.

prock
08-19-2010, 04:32 PM
He needs to get a medical license. He needs to move to Cali lol.

Crazy_Chris
08-19-2010, 04:33 PM
I dont know, but him passing out at practice today is some scary ****.

Yea that is definatly scary... I just hope they can find a way to help surpress these migranes soon. Because if they don't, I think Harvin may end up retiring prematuraly somewhere in the not too distant future.

prock
08-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Just get the man a J and he can go back to destroying defenses.

General Zod
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Looks like we are signing Javon Walker today.

vikes_28
08-23-2010, 11:35 PM
The Walker signing must be an insurance thing for Harvin having his migraines and what not. Although, I don't think Walker is the best option. If the Vikings were to keep Walker into the regular season we would be stacked at WR.

Rice
Harvin
Berrian
Walker
Johnson
Mitchell

Not saying Walker will make the team, but still...

EDIT: here is the link http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5489232

djp
08-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Sounds like Sidney Rice is having surgery and will miss about 8 weeks...

vikes_28
08-24-2010, 09:04 AM
no! Sidneyyyyyy!

prock
08-24-2010, 12:56 PM
**** **** **** ****!

marshallb
08-24-2010, 01:32 PM
I said a long time ago when I first heard about his hip injury and that he wasn't gonna have surgery that it's a ******** decision, and that he should just go through with the surgery and he'd have likely been back in time for training camp, and if not he'd have been good to go for the regular season for sure. Instead he tries to work his way around it and has to have the surgery anyways. Now we'd be screwed at WR if Harvin continues to have his migraines.

vikes_28
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I know this is probably going to sound stupid...But maybe it's Sidney Rice's way of holding out?

BuckNaked
08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I know this is probably going to sound stupid...But maybe it's Sidney Rice's way of holding out?

Not entirely out of the question. Anything's possible with Rosenhaus.

Vikes99ej
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Stupid ******* Sidney Rice, why the **** didn't your lazy ass do this sooner

marshallb
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I may be naive, but I don't think this has anything to do with a holdout. I think Rice is just stubborn and bullheaded. I think he had too much confidence in his body being able to heal that he refused to have the surgery even though he was advised to by multiple specialists, and now that he sees that it's not healing properly he figures that it's best to have the surgery now and be good to go by the midway point of the season than to wait another couple weeks or a month and be back in time for the last couple weeks if there are no setbacks.

LonghornsLegend
08-24-2010, 07:38 PM
I've smoked before when I've had a headache and it's helped alot, but it wasn't a migraine. I say let Percy smoke his buds.

I was thinking about this, and if this really is the case he should be able to easily get medicinal uses for weed without a problem. Alot of people do who don't like in Cali, if he has a serious problem and the weed helps, it wouldn't be hard at all to get prescribed and be excused from failing drug test for THC.

GB12
08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
It's still against NFL policy even if it's legal medicinal marijuana.

J-Mike88
08-24-2010, 08:55 PM
It's still against NFL policy even if it's legal medicinal marijuana.
Well, it also was against NFL policy to do what the Williams Brothers did, and they haven't missed a beat.
They know how to beat the NFL system in the Twin Cities.

I just want to see Morneau shake out the cobwebs as the Twins need his bat to advance in October.

djp
08-25-2010, 01:46 AM
If we can just find a quarterback of the future...

RB Adrian Peterson
RB Toby Gerhart
WR Sidney Rice
WR Percy Harvin
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
OG Steve Hutchinson
OT Phil Loadholt
OC John Sullivan

DE Jared Allen
DE Everson Griffen (if we wake him up like I hope)
DT Kevin Williams
DT Fred Evans
LB Chad Greenway
CB Cedric Griffin
CB Asher Allen
CB Chris Cook
S Tyrell Johnson
S Jamarca Sanford

That's a pretty impressive core to build on.. Childress and Spielman have done such a great job of accumulating talent over the past few seasons. A lot of people think we will fall straight off the map once Favre is gone.. I don't think so.

marshallb
08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5496580
The Minnesota Vikings acquired Miami Dolphins wide receiver Greg Camarillo in a trade for cornerback Benny Sapp.

To me this shows that the the team obviously isn't happy with the depth at WR now, and is very pleased with the improvement of Asher Allen and is confident with Cook, Allen, and Sheppard at CB with Winfield and Griffin when he gets back.

djp
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah, we have more than enough bodies to cover for Sapp. Sapp was probably Leslie Frazier's finest piece of development. The guy was horrible when he first got here, and Frazier helped turn him into a legitimate NFL cornerback.

The Camarillo trade shows me that we're more concerned about Harvin's headaches than I thought.

General Zod
08-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I dont like it.

I mean, Greg Camarillo has some nice upside and all and its not that I think he's a bad WR. But besides some dumb penalties last year, Sapp was solid, better then average at times. I was feeling pretty good with him starting at corner if Cedric or Winfield wasnt healthy.

Allen Asher barely played last season. And although its pre-season and only 2 games, he has looked liked **** in special teams coverage, kick returns, and at playing corner. Chris Cook has shown some nice things so far, but is still raw as a rookie.

marshallb
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I dont like it.

I mean, Greg Camarillo has some nice upside and all and its not that I think he's a bad WR. But besides some dumb penalties last year, Sapp was solid, better then average at times. I was feeling pretty good with him starting at corner if Cedric or Winfield wasnt healthy.

Allen Asher barely played last season. And although its pre-season and only 2 games, he has looked liked **** in special teams coverage, kick returns, and at playing corner. Chris Cook has shown some nice things so far, but is still raw as a rookie.

I understand where you're coming from, and I was also a big fan of Sapp's play. I can see what you meant by Allen struggling on STs basically that one punt, but I've thought he's looked very good at CB so far. I'm more than fine with the guys we have at CB.

B-rand
08-26-2010, 11:56 PM
From what I've seen from Camarillo.....didn't we have a guy just like that a few years ago? He sounds almost exactly like Bobby Wade.

This team really needs Berrian to step up and have his breakout season now.

Thing to look at during 3rd preseason game: two starting spots may be on the fringe of being solidified: RG and LCB. Chris DeGeare may be pushing Herrera for the RG position, he has done some good things this preseason. And it sounds like Cook may get a chance to earn the LCB spot with the 1st team.

General Zod
08-27-2010, 09:23 AM
From what I've seen from Camarillo.....didn't we have a guy just like that a few years ago? He sounds almost exactly like Bobby Wade.

Thing to look at during 3rd preseason game: two starting spots may be on the fringe of being solidified: RG and LCB. Chris DeGeare may be pushing Herrera for the RG position, he has done some good things this preseason. And it sounds like Cook may get a chance to earn the LCB spot with the 1st team.

Yeah DeGeare has been getting a lot of playing time and has shown some nice things.

FuzzyGopher
08-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I wasn't a fan of this past draft at the time, but if we get two starters from it I'll be pretty happy. DeGeare has been killing it in camp and if he pans out we will finally have some hope at the right side. Loadholt, DeGeare, and if Sullivan comes around would be pretty nice.

BuckNaked
08-27-2010, 03:13 PM

Don't you ever make me think of Bobby Wade ever again.

General Zod
08-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't you ever make me think of Bobby Wade ever again.

um, actually at one point he was our most reliable receiver.

yo123
08-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah Bobby Wade was decent. Haven't seen a lot of Camarillo but from what I hear he sounds like a clone of Wade which would be fine with me I suppose.

BuckNaked
08-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Yeah Bobby Wade was decent. Haven't seen a lot of Camarillo but from what I hear he sounds like a clone of Wade which would be fine with me I suppose.

You mean he's a clone because he's a minority at the wide receiver position and a heaping pile of mediocrity?

yo123
08-27-2010, 08:36 PM
You mean he's a clone because he's a minority at the wide receiver position and a heaping pile of mediocrity?

No I mean he's a clone because he's a reliable possession receiver who doesn't drop many passes and is a good third down target. And Bobby Wade is black.

BuckNaked
08-27-2010, 08:53 PM
No I mean he's a clone because he's a reliable possession receiver who doesn't drop many passes and is a good third down target. And Bobby Wade is black.

C'mon you're gonna tell me Bobby Wade isn't partially oriental

yo123
08-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Well maybe but my point was not influenced by the race. If you want me to compare him to a black receiver I suppose you could say Jason Avant.

BuckNaked
08-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Well maybe but my point was not influenced by the race. If you want me to compare him to a black receiver I suppose you could say Jason Avant.

Albeit if Jason Avant appeared to be asian.

vikes_28
08-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I liked bobby wade. I was sad to see him go. I can't wait to see what happens tonight with Camarillo and Berrian starting the game. And I also can't wait to see Walker. Tell ya one thing, this has been an interesting pre-season.

marshallb
08-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I liked bobby wade. I was sad to see him go. I can't wait to see what happens tonight with Camarillo and Berrian starting the game. And I also can't wait to see Walker. Tell ya one thing, this has been an interesting pre-season.

I gotta say I also liked Wade as a #3 WR, he was just solid, very consistent, but far from anything special. I've heard/read that Camarillo has great hands and iirc he didn't drop a pass last year. That's pretty sad that we have those guys starting at WR in the most important preseason game. I'd have to say the biggest things I'm looking at/for are hopefully an improvement in the blocking, pass and run, and the S battle between Tyrell and Jamarca.

Crazy_Chris
08-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't think it's sad Berrian is starting, I think he has become a bit underated after last year. I expect a good year from Bernard Berrian this year with Sid out half the season. A lot of people forget Berrian had back to back 900 yard seasons in 07 & 08. All with the likes of Brian Griese, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Tarvaris Jackson, and f****** Gus Frerrote throwing to him.

He wasn't able to develop a good chemistry with Favre last year since he missed so much practice with a bum hamstring. However this year he is healthy and with Rice gone he will see much more passes his way. I expect his first 1,000+ yard season.

marshallb
08-28-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't think it's sad Berrian is starting, I think he has become a bit underated after last year. I expect a good year from Bernard Berrian this year with Sid out half the season. A lot of people forget Berrian had back to back 900 yard seasons in 07 & 08. All with the likes of Brian Griese, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Tarvaris Jackson, and f****** Gus Frerrote throwing to him.

He wasn't able to develop a good chemistry with Favre last year since he missed so much practice with a bum hamstring. However this year he is healthy and with Rice gone he will see much more passes his way. I expect his first 1,000+ yard season.

Oh no, I don't mean that it's sad that Berrian is starting, but the fact that someone who was supposed to be our #3 WR and someone who was the slot receiver for the Miami Dolphins are starting the most important preseason game. I think Berrian is a fine player, and would be a solid #2 WR, but he's nothing more than that.

Vikes99ej
08-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Berrian and McKinnie are worthless.

yo123
08-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm willing to give Berrian a second chance based on his beasting in the NFC Championship game. It might not last long but we'll see.

But yeah I've had about enough of McKinnie. He clearly has the ability but he's hard to watch sometimes.

General Zod
08-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Peterson is running hard. Greg Camarillo with a couple nice catchs.

The rest of the offense is horrible right now.

yo123
08-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Our offense is moving the ball fine. Tough break on the interception. Overall I'm pretty happy with how we're playing other than the offensive line.

General Zod
08-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Chris Cook is going to be starting at the beginning of the season. So far ive seen nothing but good things out of him tonight.

vikes_28
08-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Chris Cook is going to be starting at the beginning of the season. So far ive seen nothing but good things out of him tonight.

I second this.

vikes_28
08-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Javon walker makes the team after that.

yo123
08-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah Chris Cook has looked pretty damn good. I still think we made the wrong pick but that's not his fault.

marshallb
08-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Overall, I was very happy with that game. We gotta clean some things up, but that's usually the case at this point. I was not happy with McKinnie, and Berrian definitely didn't impress me. The O-line struggled right off the bat, but about the 3rd series they started to pick it up and after that it was pretty solid, a few mistakes, but we could live with that. I really like Reynaud, and just can't see him not making the team. I'm gonna right up some more tomorrow morning once I have some time to reflect on it and a little more time, but overall I was quite pleased.

djp
08-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Would not shock me to see Loadholt starting at LT by the end of the season. McKinnie looked horrid tonight.

General Zod
08-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Would not shock me to see Loadholt starting at LT by the end of the season. McKinnie looked horrid tonight.

I cant argue about McKinnie. I am hoping that once Sullivan gets back to center and Herrera gets moved back to RG maybe that will help stabilize the line. I hate so much that Sullivan is missing out on all these important reps.

prock
08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I said earlier this year that maybe the Vikings should look for a left tackle in the draft next year. McKinnie is nothing but a ******* bum.

J-Mike88
08-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Not sure if you guys saw this or not from Matt Bowen this morning. Enjoy, it's a great move for your club.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-4148.html

Players like Sidney Rice canít be replaced like an alkaline battery.

So last week when the Vikings learned Rice would probably miss half the season, they came up with a plan. They started shopping for a receiver who could fill their specific needs without being Rice.

They wanted a smart player who could learn a system quickly. They needed someone who could fit in with an established team. They had to have a taller receiver who could go up and get it. They wanted a player who would run good routes. And they wanted someone with reliable hands.

They liked Vincent Jackson (who wouldnít?), but didnít like his price tag. That led them to Greg Camarillo.

The Vikings studied each of the 163 tape cut-ups in which Camarillo showed up on a play by play sheet over the last two years. One thing stood out: not a single drop. He had 105 catches, and not a single drop.

Hence, their trade of Benny Sapp to the Dolphins for the Stanford product. Now the Vikings have to see if Camarillo can click with Brett Favre. Rice and Favre had something special going.

FuzzyGopher
08-29-2010, 02:41 PM
What exactly is wrong with Sullivan's calf? I though he got kicked in the leg the first day of practice. I can't imagine just getting kicked there would cause you to miss a month of football.

marshallb
08-29-2010, 06:03 PM
What exactly is wrong with Sullivan's calf? I though he got kicked in the leg the first day of practice. I can't imagine just getting kicked there would cause you to miss a month of football.

I thought that it was his ankle. He had offseason ankle surgery, and I thought that he get kicked in the ankle/lower shin, and it may have aggravated whatever he had surgery to heal. I don't know why it's taken so long for him to heal, but we definitely need him, our OL has been **** this preseason.

J-Mike88
08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Fellas, I have been wondering this myself. I thought Sage was a nice addition for you guys prior to the BF era starting there. I clearly remember him playing very well against you guys, in Minny, the year before. He's 3> the QB that Jackson is IMO.

This from our friend Mark Craig at the Strib, could have been written from my thoughts. What is your take? Is it as obvious as he and I think, or am I missing something here about Sage and Jackson? Maybe they know the OL sucks and you need the faster runner to get the hell out of the pocket and run for his life?

I give the Vikings credit for making all of us (or most of us) just accept Tarvaris Jackson as the No. 2 quarterback. But I think it's reached the point where someone should raise his or her hand and ask, "Um, can you tell us again why the third-best quarterback the No. 2 quarterback?"

Right now, it seems the only questions being mentioned are whether the Vikings should: 1, Keep Sage and risk losing Joe Webb; 2, Get rid of Sage and keep Joe Webb; or 3, Trade Sage for a bag of balls so that the Vikings don't have to pay him $2.6 million.

How bout this question: "Who plays quarterback if Brett Favre's streak of 309 consecutive starts doesn't last another 16-19 games?" Based on how the pass protection looks, that's a distinct possibility.

Call me crazy, but after three preseason games, Rosenfels looks more comfortable, more accurate, more poised and, well, better than Jackson. If something happens to Favre, the Vikings would look pretty foolish having given him up to 20 million bucks while saving 2.6 million on Sage.

yo123
08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
I completely agree, but Chilly has had his mouth firmly wrapped around T-Jacks **** since the day we drafted him. Nothing will change.

prock
08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Sad but true...

FuzzyGopher
08-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Childress hates Sage. Hopefully we can trade him to the Giants who need a veteran after Sorgi was placed on IR today.

General Zod
08-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Judd is reporting Chris Cook will be out at least 2 weeks, putting him out for the season opening. Man wtf, it would be nice to catch a damn break with these injuries. Plus I think 2 weeks for Cook might be optimistic, Im guessing he is out till the bye week. Maybe we can trade Sage to Miami and get Benny Sapp back?

Brees is gonna put up 500+ yards on us in the opener. :-(

djp
08-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Judd is reporting Chris Cook will be out at least 2 weeks, putting him out for the season opening. Man wtf, it would be nice to catch a damn break with these injuries. Plus I think 2 weeks for Cook might be optimistic, Im guessing he is out till the bye week. Maybe we can trade Sage to Miami and get Benny Sapp back?

Brees is gonna put up 500+ yards on us in the opener. :-(

We were remarkably healthy last year, we are probably due for some injury trouble this year.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
That Cook thing really sucks. I have a feeling it is going to be a long year.

marshallb
08-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Cook supposedly has a torn meniscus and has already had surgery. I saw that he was getting the knee checked out and had ice on it, but It didn't seem serius, he was laughing and joking. It doesn't sound like the surgery will limit him too long, and hopefully he doesn't miss too much time. I'd rather get these injuries out of the way now than have them come up down the stretch.

marshallb
09-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm a little late, but it's official: Rice put on PUP, out for first 6 weeks. (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/101914588.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQ iU47cQUzyaP37D_MDua_eyD5PcOiU)

Also in that link:
Tuesday's move was important because it means Rice no longer counts against the active roster, which had to be cut to 75 players by 3 p.m.

To get to the limit, the Vikings waived offensive tackle Bill Noethlich (Southwest Minnesota State) and wide receiver Marko Mitchell (Nevada), who bounced from Washington to Detroit to the Vikings during the offseason. Linebacker J Leman was waived/injured by the Vikings on Monday and was not claimed. He is currently on the injured reserve list and can either be kept there or the Vikings can reach an injury settlement with him.

Leman missed the majority of training camp because of turf toe.

The next round of cuts will come Saturday -- and be way more difficult -- as the Vikings will have to get to the regular-season roster limit of 53 players by 5 p.m.

General Zod
09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Watching this pre-season, one thing I am happy with is our depth at D-line. Our 2nd team D-line is getting great pressure and stops one 1st team offenses. Evens, Mitchell, Robinson, Brinkly even letroy guion.

vikes_28
09-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Hard to believe that some of those guys won't be making the team.

Crazy_Chris
09-03-2010, 08:25 PM
It's official Rosenfels traded to the Giants for a future conditional Draft pick...

I don't know what kind of conditions they would have for a backup QB :|

General Zod
09-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, Sage got traded to the NY Giants. And in return we get a late draft pick.

So that leaves us Favre, Jackson and probably Joe Webb as our QBs. I just prey to the football gods that Favre holds up this season. Otherwise, we are ******.

General Zod
09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
It's official Rosenfels traded to the Giants for a future conditional Draft pick...

damn you just beat me lol

Crazy_Chris
09-03-2010, 09:20 PM
damn you just beat me lol

Wohooooooo Wtg me!

Anyways I just noticed that Daryius Reynaud was included in that trade to the Giants. I am not too happy about this development, I was hoping they would take Percy off KR and let reynaud handle it.

FuzzyGopher
09-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Sucks about Reynaud, i really liked him. So fast forward to next year we will have Joe Webb as the only QB under contract.

General Zod
09-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Im also pissed about losing Reynaud. Wtf!?

GB12
09-03-2010, 10:23 PM

Probably if he's on the roster or not next year.

J-Mike88
09-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Im also pissed about losing Reynaud. Wtf!?
My team could really use Reynaud.

I still don't understand why Tarvarris was slotted above Sage Rosenfels, for the life of me. You guys must know, but I don't see it.

yo123
09-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I don't understand moving Reynaud....he would have been our 3rd best running back and a damn good return man.

General Zod
09-04-2010, 05:28 AM
My team could really use Reynaud.

I still don't understand why Tarvarris was slotted above Sage Rosenfels, for the life of me. You guys must know, but I don't see it.

Because our prick head coach's ego is so big that he cant admit that his little "project" is a failure. A lot of teams could use Reynaud, he's got great potential. He is the only one this pre season that looked good at kick returns.

Eat **** Childress.

J-Mike88
09-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Because our prick head coach's ego is so big that he cant admit that his little "project" is a failure. A lot of teams could use Reynaud, he's got great potential. He is the only one this pre season that looked good at kick returns.

Eat **** Childress.
Seems Seifert agrees with us on that:

Before joining ESPN.com and broadening his beat to include all teams of the NFC North, Kevin Seifert covered the Vikings for the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. So when he has opinions about the team, we're going to listen. We may not agree, but we'll at least listen.

Seifert's most recent item on the team he used to exclusively cover has caught our attention.

He believes that the Vikings traded Sage Rosenfels not because he didn't win the No. 2 spot on the team's depth chart, but because he did. "He far outperformed Tarvaris Jackson, who apparently has a tenured position unaffected by his performance," Seifert says. "What anyone wouldn't give for the kind of job security he has."

Seifert believes that coach Brad Childress, who traded up in 2006 to pick Jackson in round two of the draft, still believes that Jackson is the long-term answer at the position. Seifert also points out that Rosenfels was brought in by V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman, not by Childress.

We're not sure we agree with Seifert; if Childress believed Rosenfels had won the No. 2 spot on the depth chart and if Childress wanted to keep Jackson around, the team could have proceeded with four quarterbacks on the 53-man roster. The fact that Rosenfels apparently hasn't performed in practice like he performed in preseason games carries considerable weight with the control freaks (clueless or otherwise) who end up running NFL teams.

vikes_28
09-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Well if Favre goes down we're screwed. Tavaris is such a waste of space. Also, I'm on the wagon of NOT signing Housh.

General Zod
09-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I would have rather just kept Walker myself, he didnt look to bad in the preseason.

djp
09-05-2010, 02:54 PM
lol @ people upset at the Walker cut. He made one good catch in the preseason. His long TD was simply busted coverage. Reports are he was mightily struggling against our first team defense in practice. Guy is done, get over it people. Guy has been a mess for years now.

Crazy_Chris
09-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Well if Favre goes down we're screwed. Tavaris is such a waste of space. Also, I'm on the wagon of NOT signing Housh.

We are screwed period if Favre goes down, rather it be T-Jack or Rosenfels who is the backup. Sage may look good in the pre-season but whenever he gets extended playing time with the big boys he shows that he is a turn over machine.

Vikes99ej
09-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Favre will not break down. He is invincible.

yo123
09-05-2010, 08:30 PM
lol @ people upset at the Walker cut. He made one good catch in the preseason. His long TD was simply busted coverage. Reports are he was mightily struggling against our first team defense in practice. Guy is done, get over it people. Guy has been a mess for years now.

Regardless, what does Greg Lewis offer to this team? I like the potential of the Favre/Walker chemistry even if he definitely isn't as good as he once was. At the last receiver spot what do you have to lose?

General Zod
09-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Garrett Mills got signed to the Eagles practice squad and Ian Johnson to the Cards.

Not surprised that someone snatched up Mills.

vikes_28
09-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Regardless, what does Greg Lewis offer to this team? I like the potential of the Favre/Walker chemistry even if he definitely isn't as good as he once was. At the last receiver spot what do you have to lose?

This post makes a ton of sense. Despite Javan Walker having a below average pre-season, I like his potential better than Greg Lewis.

FuzzyGopher
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Going into this season with only 4 receivers when one of them is a kick returner and another is the punt returner has disaster written all over it. I'm hoping there is something in the works to bring in another WR.

prock
09-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Regardless, what does Greg Lewis offer to this team?

CbmHO75i6gc

J-Mike88
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Going into this season with only 4 receivers when one of them is a kick returner and another is the punt returner has disaster written all over it. I'm hoping there is something in the works to bring in another WR.
Did they cut Javon Walker because he was horrible, or because they wanted to get TJ Housh in there instead?

Not sure if any of you have watched this or not. Kirwin picks you guys to 3-peat in the division:

CBS Sports' Pat Kirwin's look at the NFC North 2010
ePqISfZ7w0U

marshallb
09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't think cutting Walker had anything to do with Housh. I think we cut Walker because if we'd have kept him for the start of the season his entire contract, $2.something million would have been guaranteed. I'm guessing that we'll wait until I think it's after week 2 and then re-sign him.

djp
09-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Versatility.. Familiarity with the offense, great special teamer, can play outside or inside (not well, but he could fill in for a few series if we needed it). Walker is a guy who maybe gives you 25 plays a game on offense, and only on the outside, and he's not even that much better than Greg Lewis at that.

Crazy_Chris
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM

I would like to see Joe Webb returning punts and maybe kick offs by the end of the season. His athleticism is just too good to leave on the bench all season.

djp
09-09-2010, 03:22 AM
haha, I just watched the NFC Title Game of the America's Game on the Saints. No mention of the horrible calls in that game, of course.

Vikes99ej
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Walker was washed-up trash. I knew he wouldn't make it out of camp.

FuzzyGopher
09-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Rumors are swirling of a big trade in the works. Vincent Jackson maybe?
http://twitter.com/lakeshow73

marshallb
09-10-2010, 02:39 PM
That guy's twitter now says:
Source tells me Vikes making a play for V Jack. Not sure if anything eminent. I have NOT confirmed or got a denial from Vikes. #kfan

Not a big fan of that move if it is VJack, he won't be able to play for what? I don't even know, is it only 3 weeks or since the Chargers put him on that did not report list did it go to 6? If it's 6, around the time he becomes eligible to play Sidney will be back. Another concern I have is what kind of money will we give to VJack, and what would happen with Rice then? Having both would give us a ridiculously great receiving core for the future with them on the outside and Harvin and Shiancoe from the slot and tight end, but how can we afford to pay them both big money? If we get rid of Berrian in the move and not much for picks, then I'd like it a lot better, but I still wouldn't be a huge fan of the move, just due to the time frame.

prock
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
The Vikings really could use a receiver. I don't love the idea of Jack as I don't think he will be cheap and he is very similar to Rice, but ****, we need some play makers.

marshallb
09-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I like Jackson a lot and think he'd be great with Favre, just the type of receiver Favre likes, and how would teams be able to cover him, Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe, and whoever else, while still realistically attempting to stop AP? I just don't like the timing of it, he would give us nothing more until about the same time Rice gets back and what are you gonna do contract wise with both him and Rice?

I wouldn't be against the move at all, but I just wouldn't be ecstatic if it happened.

Crazy_Chris
09-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I just don't like the timing of it, he would give us nothing more until about the same time Rice gets back and what are you gonna do contract wise with both him and Rice?

Rice is going to be a tough one to figure out, he showed us that he can be a dominant WR last year. But he is kind of a china doll, he just doesn't stay healthy. I think due to that reason it will be Hard for Rice to get a big contract from the vikes right away. If that is the case we may be able to afford both him and VJax.

FuzzyGopher
09-11-2010, 05:31 PM
So now the rumors are that we agreed on a 1 year deal with Jackson last week but couldn't agree on compensation with the Chargers. Depending on what the compensation is this could be a horrible deal. I'm sure SD wants a 2nd and another pick, we better not give up that high of a draft pick for a receiver that will only play at most 13 games for us. I hope we get Jackson but I will be really pissed if we get raped by giving up a bunch of high picks for a 1 year rental.

marshallb
09-11-2010, 05:47 PM
So now the rumors are that we agreed on a 1 year deal with Jackson last week but couldn't agree on compensation with the Chargers. Depending on what the compensation is this could be a horrible deal. I'm sure SD wants a 2nd and another pick, we better not give up that high of a draft pick for a receiver that will only play at most 13 games for us. I hope we get Jackson but I will be really pissed if we get raped by giving up a bunch of high picks for a 1 year rental.

For a one year rental there is now way in hell that I'd give up anywhere close to a 2nd rounder. This team is gonna have big needs to fill in the draft very soon, especially next year. We're gonna need a QB as the only QB under contract for next year is Webb, unless we'd go the sign a vet and hope that Webb develops route which would piss me off. We'll need a LT very soon with McKinnie playing like absolute **** lately, not that he was ever that good, but he has regressed. OLB will be a need unless we re-sign Leber, and even then he's 31 or 32 and won't be playing forever and could be upgraded anyways. S has been a big need for a couple years and will be again unless 2 of Abdullah, Sanford, Johnson, and Williams show that they deserve to be starters, which I highly doubt will happen. Interior OL is a big need, I like Sullivan and think he's a solid C but he certainly could be upgraded, DeGeare may lock down one of the 2 guard positions, but we still need another as Hutch is aging and Herrera could be upgraded. NT could be a need as Pat is gone after this year, but I like what we have at backup DT in Evans, Kennedy, and Guion and don't think this is a big need, if someone talented falls then sure snatch them up, but otherwise this is one of my smallest worries.

All of those positions will need a new starter or possibly two in the case of a couple within the next couple years if we're not gonna go through a rebuilding phase, and we need all of the high picks that we can get. I'd be very hesitant to trade a 2nd alone for V Jack even if we lock him up long term. He has the suspension for the DUIs and I believe that he's to the point where if he gets one more he's suspended for a season. I'd love to get Jackson, but not for a 2nd, especially on a one year deal, on a one year deal I'd maybe, maybe give up a 4th, a multi-year deal I'd probably give up a 3rd + a late rounder

vikes_28
09-12-2010, 01:34 AM
I could see the Vikings signing Jackson to a long term deal. And then giving Rice the Franchise tag next off-season and trading him. And I'd like to keep Rice, but we could get a 1st or 2nd from him easily. Vincent Jackson isn't injury prone, he's just got problems with drinking (which isn't a huge deal since Childress brought Jared Allen in and Allen stopped right away).

If we get Jackson, I really don't see the Vikings keeping Rice.

But I agree, there are too many other positions to address to go and get Jackson for a 2nd round pick.

Ultimately, I see the Vikings going into rebuild mode if they make the trade for Jackson.

vikes_28
09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Sounds like we're looking at VJax, Reggie Brown, Javan Walker, and someone else.

General Zod
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Sounds like we're looking at VJax, Reggie Brown, Javan Walker, and someone else.

Reggie Brown wouldnt surprise me because of his Philly ties with Childress.

btw, I watched a lot of the Miami/Buf game today. Gotta say that the way Miami played today, we should be able to handle them next week.

yo123
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
I hope we give up a second for Vincent Jackson. We're all in this year with Favre and draft picks are so overrated. Especially on this board.

marshallb
09-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I hope we give up a second for Vincent Jackson. We're all in this year with Favre and draft picks are so overrated. Especially on this board.

It depends how many games of Vincent Jackson we'd get imo. If the league rules that he has to miss the additional 3 games even if he's traded then no, I don't wanna give up a 2nd round pick for 10 games of 1 guy, especially when he's a very similar player to Sidney Rice who will be back shortly after that. If he only has to miss the 3 games of his suspension and can play immediately after being traded then yea, I suppose I'd be ok with giving up a 2nd, not thrilled though, especially if it's as a rental player.

We've got planty of holes to fill in the next couple years and are gonna need as many picks as possible.

prock
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
I really want Vjax. A second rounder would be awesome for him. Even if he is a similar player to Sidney, he is still awesome. Just because you have a huge receiver doesn't mean you can't have another. Two huge receivers is better than one.

Vikes99ej
09-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I doubt we'd have enough money to sign Jackson to a long term deal. Greenway is going to be a free agent next year, and I'd much rather focus on him.

yo123
09-16-2010, 01:49 PM
It depends how many games of Vincent Jackson we'd get imo. If the league rules that he has to miss the additional 3 games even if he's traded then no, I don't wanna give up a 2nd round pick for 10 games of 1 guy, especially when he's a very similar player to Sidney Rice who will be back shortly after that. If he only has to miss the 3 games of his suspension and can play immediately after being traded then yea, I suppose I'd be ok with giving up a 2nd, not thrilled though, especially if it's as a rental player.

We've got planty of holes to fill in the next couple years and are gonna need as many picks as possible.

He'll be back week 5 if we trade for him before tomorrow at 4.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5579273

FuzzyGopher
09-16-2010, 02:05 PM
He'll be back week 5 if we trade for him before tomorrow at 4.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5579273

You misread that, the deadline starts at 4pm Friday and ends on Wednesday the 22nd. A question I have is we have a bye on week 4, so does that mean he wouldn't be able to come back until after the Jets game on week 5? Is it a 4 game suspension or a 4 week suspension?

FuzzyGopher
09-16-2010, 02:10 PM
According to this guy if he was traded here he would be eligible to play against the Cowboys week 6. Suspension go by games not weeks so the bye week doesn't count.

http://twitter.com/tompelissero

yo123
09-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah I just skimmed it. I still feel the same way.

vikes_28
09-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't see us keeping Rice if we trade for Jackson.

Crazy_Chris
09-16-2010, 03:49 PM
We could probably keep them both if we really wanted to. First it depends on how much they plan on giving VJax, hopefully not the 30 mil garunteed he reportedly wants.

Than we would have to trade/cut Berrian this offseason which with would free up 18.9 Mil over the next 3 years. That right there alone is a good chunk of money they could give to Rice.

But probably biggest factor is wether or not Rice thinks he should get a huge deal with a lot of garunteed money. IMO he doesn't have the leverage to get a huge contract due to his constant injuries. But he could still get a decent contract with a lot of playing time based incentives.

Also Rob Brzezinski he is very good at what he does, I have faith in him. it will probably be tough, but If they really wanted to keep both they can get it done.

General Zod
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Im hoping we dont give up much more then a 2nd rounder for V-Jax. Thinking about eventually having Jackson, Rice, Harvin, Camarillo. sounds pretty damn good to me. How many years does Berrian have left on his contract?

prock
09-16-2010, 04:36 PM
God damn we need VJax. Jackson and Rice on the outside will not only dominate for us this year, but it would severely help any young quarterback who we bring in.

Crazy_Chris
09-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Im hoping we dont give up much more then a 2nd rounder for V-Jax. Thinking about eventually having Jackson, Rice, Harvin, Camarillo. sounds pretty damn good to me. How many years does Berrian have left on his contract?

4, including this year.

FuzzyGopher
09-16-2010, 04:59 PM
God damn we need VJax. Jackson and Rice on the outside will not only dominate for us this year, but it would severely help any young quarterback who we bring in.

By young quarterback do you mean Tarvaris Jackson? You know it's coming, Childress will never give up on him.

yo123
09-16-2010, 04:59 PM
4, including this year.

http://www.strategicprofits.com/wp-images/posts/pic-gun_to_head.jpg

Crazy_Chris
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.strategicprofits.com/wp-images/posts/pic-gun_to_head.jpg

He will almost certainly be gone well before the 4th year. He is making 3.7 Millioin this year and 3.9 Million next year. But after that it shoots up to 6.9 million in 2012. Considering on a healthy team he isn't really even the 3rd option in the passing game he should be let go. Although If we get Vincent Jackson the process will be moved along a whole lote quicker.

vikes_28
09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm still a firm believer that Rice will be moved if we trade for Jackson.

prock
09-16-2010, 11:01 PM
I would rather have Rice than VJax. Maybe because Rice is my favorite Vikings.

yo123
09-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Yeah I like Rice more than Jackson. Admittedly his badass dreads are a part of it though.

vikes_28
09-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah I like Rice more than Jackson. Admittedly his badass dreads are a part of it though.

I like Rice more than Jackson as well. Rice has proved to us that he is injury prone. Jackson is not.

LonghornsLegend
09-17-2010, 03:17 AM
I like Rice more than Jackson as well. Rice has proved to us that he is injury prone. Jackson is not.

I still like Rice more and think he's better then Jackson healthy. That said, while Rice is injury prone and Jackson is not, VJ still brings the off the field problems Rice doesn't either. Maybe it's nothing, I remember when Jared Allen was one DUI away from a big suspension and he's been just fine.

That said, I'd be really surprised if you guys were able to keep Jackson and Rice longterm, both need a contract here soon and it's probably gonna be pretty big deals. I'd be interested if you could pull it off.

djp
09-18-2010, 02:24 PM
I still like Rice more and think he's better then Jackson healthy. That said, while Rice is injury prone and Jackson is not, VJ still brings the off the field problems Rice doesn't either. Maybe it's nothing, I remember when Jared Allen was one DUI away from a big suspension and he's been just fine.

That said, I'd be really surprised if you guys were able to keep Jackson and Rice longterm, both need a contract here soon and it's probably gonna be pretty big deals. I'd be interested if you could pull it off.

I think the team values Rice moreso than Jackson, and trading for Jackson this year is probably just going for the home run since this is Favre's last dance. Giving up a 3rd and a future 4th to trade for VJax and then letting him walk after this year is probably the best play for the Vikings right now. Then, you try to lock Rice up long term at a mini discount since he was hurt this year.

vikes_28
09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I want VJax now.

FuzzyGopher
09-20-2010, 10:20 AM
After watching Favre play I don't really want to waste draft picks on Jackson anymore. Harvin is so out of position playing on the outside it ridiculous. Last year he was the go to guy on 3rd downs coming from the slot and working the middle of the field. We need to move Harvin back to slot, have Favre stop turning the ball over, run the **** out of the ball, and get our 2 injured corners back. If Favre doesn't turn the ball over 4 times and force stupid passes we win that game. Ball control and defense is what is going to win us games this year, Favre just looks old and inaccurate. I would really hate to see us throw away a couple of picks and mortgage future talent for Jackson. I really don't think Jackson would make a huge difference if he came here and couldn't play until week 6.

TitleTown088
09-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I want VJax now.

You will get Hank Baskett and like it.

marshallb
09-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't tell me that Hank Baskett is actually our answer to our need at WR, I mean sure he's got size at 6-4 220, but do they really think he's gonna solve our problem? And I also want to add that Berrian's interview with some of the media made him sound like a total ***** and makes me want him off the team even more. Here's the full transcript: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/103313049.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQ iU47cQUU

MizzouBig12
09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Hank Baskett. Good size, decent speed, Hands Of Stone.

BuckNaked
09-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I really want Leslie Frazier to just be our head coach already.

rchrd
09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Detroit was (unfortunately or fortunately i'm not sure) the first game i've seen this year. Thoughts on Husain Abdullah? He was everywhere it seemed, how has he been in general?

FuzzyGopher
09-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Detroit was (unfortunately or fortunately i'm not sure) the first game i've seen this year. Thoughts on Husain Abdullah? He was everywhere it seemed, how has he been in general?

That was really the first time that he has stood out to me and he looked decent. It's pretty weird that the competition for SS in camp was between Tryrell Johnson and Jamarca Sanford yet somehow Husain Abdullah is now the starter.

General Zod
09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
That was really the first time that he has stood out to me and he looked decent. It's pretty weird that the competition for SS in camp was between Tryrell Johnson and Jamarca Sanford yet somehow Husain Abdullah is now the starter.

Whats happned to Jamarca Sanford? As he been on the active roster?

Crazy_Chris
09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Jamarca is still on the roster, Tyrell Johnson was actually inactive for sundays game.

General Zod
10-05-2010, 04:18 PM
We traded off Jayme Mitchell today to the Browns for a late round pick.

Im think we are stockpiling picks for next season to make a trade for a vet, or move up in the draft next year?

FuzzyGopher
10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
It's a 2012 pick, pretty worthless pick but Mitchell was undrafted so I guess we got something for nothing. And I hope we move up to get a QB next April.

FuzzyGopher
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/05/unintended-tweet-sparks-rumors-of-moss-to-minny-move/

I think I just came everywhere.

djp
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/05/unintended-tweet-sparks-rumors-of-moss-to-minny-move/

I think I just came everywhere.

I can't even fathom how unlikely that scenario would be. lol. I dont think theres anything to it.

djp
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Ummm.. never mind.. Jay Glazer Twitter

Yes, vikes and pats have been working on trade that sends randy moss to vikes and r very clode but can't be done until vikes and moss work out new contract, whcih they r working on

djp
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
My nostalgia is peaking right now. I just watched Moss Vikings highlights on YouTube when I was absolutely ripped last weekend.

Crazy_Chris
10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I never thought we would see Randy Moss in a Vikings uniform ever again.

C'mon Speilman, Bring him home!

FuzzyGopher
10-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I guess that Jayme Mitchell trade makes a little more sense now.

Crazy_Chris
10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I guess that Jayme Mitchell trade makes a little more sense now.

Yea it definatly makes more sense, they wanted to clear room for Moss. However I am still a bit surprised it was mitchell rather than just cutting Hank Baskett.

wonderbredd24
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about Jayme Mitchell?

General Zod
10-05-2010, 08:29 PM

your actually getting a very solid DE, doesnt really excel at either pass rushing or run stopping, but does both very well. Sure tackler. Gets rotated in sometimes, but didnt get to many opportunities.

Crazy_Chris
10-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Don't know if there is much to tell, he's hasn't had too many oppurtunites in the past to show what he can do in the regular season. However he absolutly lit it up this pre-season for the Vikes, and is in the rotation this year(got a sack aswell). At the least I would think he should be a solid depth/rotational guy. But honestly I don't know what, if anything you can expect of him if he is given a bigger role on your defense.

djp
10-05-2010, 11:52 PM

I think he could be a very solid 3-4 end. Holds his own against the run very well and was decent in pass rushing situations in limited burn. It's not a bad trade by any means for Cleveland.

Dr. Gonzo
10-06-2010, 12:04 AM
I really hope this deal happens. Moss/Rice/Harvin is a top 5 WR corp in the league easy.

yo123
10-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Moss/Rice/Harvin would be the best receiving trio in the league. Easily.

djp
10-06-2010, 12:52 AM
bE8sJI7PxQU

This is the video I was talking about.

steel man
10-06-2010, 06:22 AM
are you guys happy about getting Moss back?

i think when Rice gets back you guys will be dangerous and this may make Farve come back another year or more.

pete_norm
10-06-2010, 08:19 AM
DONE DEAL! WOOT!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b1a1a9/article/vikings-expected-to-reacquire-moss-in-deal-with-patriots?module=HP_headlines&module=breaking_news

vikes_28
10-06-2010, 08:21 AM
he can't wear 81, and he can't wear 18...84 IT IS BABY

General Zod
10-06-2010, 09:01 AM
These pants are ruined.

marshallb
10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this move. Having Moss back in Minny will be amazing and to give up only a 3rd which is far from a guaranteed solid+ player, and it couldn't come at a better time. Toughest stretch of the schedule by far, and he's got history with every team we're gonna play. Jets the least, but he'll play them again and he's got the history with Revis. Cowboys for passing on him in the draft when everyone said they were gonna take him(plus first home game for him). Packers having played them a bunch of times, plus the mooning in the playoffs. Then we have the Patriots.

Gives us a loaded offense once Rice gets back. Favre/AP/Moss/Rice/Harvin/Berrian(as the 4th WR)/Shiancoe. Now we just gotta lock some guys up long term, not to mention signing Moss to an extension would piss off some of the other guys looking for a deal. Moss, Rice, Greenway, Leber, and Edwards all need a deal, and AP deserves a deal and his contract is up after next year. A lot of money needing to be dealt out, but Rob Brzezinski is amazing at structuring deals and working around the cap.

...Did I mention that I love this trade?

vikes_28
10-06-2010, 09:48 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this move. Having Moss back in Minny will be amazing and to give up only a 3rd which is far from a guaranteed solid+ player, and it couldn't come at a better time. Toughest stretch of the schedule by far, and he's got history with every team we're gonna play. Jets the least, but he'll play them again and he's got the history with Revis. Cowboys for passing on him in the draft when everyone said they were gonna take him(plus first home game for him). Packers having played them a bunch of times, plus the mooning in the playoffs. Then we have the Patriots.

Gives us a loaded offense once Rice gets back. Favre/AP/Moss/Rice/Harvin/Berrian(as the 4th WR)/Shiancoe. Now we just gotta lock some guys up long term, not to mention signing Moss to an extension would piss off some of the other guys looking for a deal. Moss, Rice, Greenway, Leber, and Edwards all need a deal, and AP deserves a deal and his contract is up after next year. A lot of money needing to be dealt out, but Rob Brzezinski is amazing at structuring deals and working around the cap.

...Did I mention that I love this trade?

I don't think i gathered that from your post...

:D

Prowler
10-06-2010, 10:15 AM
so, how are your guys' days going?

marshallb
10-06-2010, 10:18 AM
so, how are your guys' days going?

Wonderful, thanks for asking. :D

the_legend_killer
10-06-2010, 10:56 AM
So guys, what's up? Minnesota going to try to get a receiver to help out the passing game? I think Hank Baskett will help out.

General Zod
10-06-2010, 11:01 AM
but im hoping this doesnt mean we are going to but Rice on the shelf for the rest of the year.

Im so glad we'll be seeing less of Berrians awfulness.

And I'm stoked to see Randy in our new uni's(eventhough i like our olds one better) wearing purple 84.

djp
10-06-2010, 12:10 PM
One guy who is loving this: Adrian Peterson. You are just asking for 50 to be hung on you if you're putting 8 in the box (assuming Moss performs at a high level, obviously).

Crazy_Chris
10-06-2010, 04:19 PM
I just want to say thank you to AJ Smith with out his stubborness this wouldn't have happened.

You will get Hank Baskett and like it.

We will get Randy Moss and like it. :)

Vikes99ej
10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Should we give him an extension or not?

LOltheLions?
10-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm in the wrong team forum! Someone help me, I tried to troll!

The_Dude
10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
good question. we have a bunch of people who need new contracts. greenway, peterson, rice. i'm sure that there are a couple more too, that i can't remember. I say give him a 2-3 year extension with as much money as you can put into this year. They have to find a way to pay those other guys either way.

I don't know about you guys, but i have been walking around with a huge smile on my face all day. This is awesome. I'm not sure that he makes us the best team in the NFC, but it sure does make it much more exciting to be a Vikings fan. The wife & I are going to the Dallas game, which will be rockin' as Randy's 1st game back.

FuzzyGopher
10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
No offense guys but having Randy Moss wont help the fact that your team is still going no where. Sure you'll pile up a few more wins but at best, I see a wild card spot, MAYBE. Heres why: Favre is done. This is the worst he's ever looked, and you guys all know it. Missing training camp was a huge mistake and now the same guy who had 0 catches last week against the Dolphins is going to come in this new system, and its going to take a few weeks to get used to it. And is Moss really the same as he was 2 years ago? He has been solid but hasn't been great this year. I understand he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder but why did Belichek really get rid of him after week 4? theres more to this than meets the eye. The Pats organization are full of geniuses and they're obviously seeing something that the fans aren't. With that being said, a 3rd round pick isnt bad so its a good trade for both teams, but I wonder what went on in the locker room the night Moss had 0 catches for the Pats to make this decision.

EDIT: Look i was right, Moss had an outburst at halftime. this should worry you guys
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/report-randy-moss-had-halftime-outburst-at-patriots-assistant/

http://i53.tinypic.com/1znwi9j.jpg

Vikes99ej
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
The Twins ruined my day a little. Mentioning Moss doesn't even get a smile from my roommates or buddies here.

BuckNaked
10-07-2010, 09:04 PM
The Twins ruined my day a little. Mentioning Moss doesn't even get a smile from my roommates or buddies here.

Haha yeah I'm a Yankee fan so this week's been going great for me. Although I do send my full condolences.

yo123
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
All in favor of tar and feathering BuckNaked?

BuckNaked
10-09-2010, 12:06 AM

Cmon guyssss my skin doesn't react well to tar.

The Dynasty
10-09-2010, 02:46 AM

You might have to throw me into this tar and feather thing.. I'm also a Yankees Fan :).

marshallb
10-09-2010, 01:45 PM
So Chris Cook tore his meniscus in his other knee... (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/104594364.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQ iU47cQU17cQ_bDaEP7U) I was looking forward to getting to see him play other than a few plays against Calvin Johnson.

djp
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Looks like Jermichael Finley will be out when we play Green Bay in 2 weeks. That's huge for us, we don't have a single person on our roster that can cover him.

yo123
10-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Him or any other good tight end. Our linebackers and safeties are pretty terrible in coverage.

marshallb
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Cedric Griffin's done for (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/104799324.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQ iU47cQU17cQ_bDaEP7U) the year with a torn ACL. (http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Cedric_Griffin_tears_ACL_done_for_season101210) Back down to 3 CBs until Cook gets back healthy.

djp
10-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Cedric Griffin's done for (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/104799324.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQ iU47cQU17cQ_bDaEP7U) the year with a torn ACL. (http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Cedric_Griffin_tears_ACL_done_for_season101210) Back down to 3 CBs until Cook gets back healthy.

That's definitely a blow.. we all saw Asher Allen struggle. Chris Cook needs to get healthy fast.

Crazy_Chris
10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Thats a big loss, Griffin was playing extremely well especially for somebody coming off a knee surgery. Hopefully this will be the last time Chris Cook is hurt this year because we are going to need him.

The_Dude
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
best text that i received during the game last night, after another Favre fumble:

"Man, Favre's hands are so buttery right now he couldn't even hold hold on to his **** long enough to take a picture of it!"

typical vikings game: look horrible, get going good enough to make you interested, play even better and get you excited, and then crap it out in the end.

Don't question my loyalty. I love my squad, but this season is off to a rough, rough start.

However, i think that we smoke the Cowboys this week and the team will definately get up for the Green Bay game, so hopefully we can bring some momentum into New England. I actually think that every game from here on out is win-able. It just has to start somewhere and this week is the last best chance to get things going. It sure would be nice to watch the offense blow the doors off of the dome and start rolling from there.

J-Mike88
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Don't question my loyalty. I love my squad, but this season is off to a rough, rough start.
I'd rather have 3 losses than 2 losses and have 10 of our 20 injured guys back.
Rough starts are often forgotten come December and January, but season-ending ###### injuries aren't.

You guys are thin at CB, but pretty healthy everywhere else compared to us.
Of course, we're missing 2 of our top 4 CBs as well. That's our healthiest position on defense currently.

You guys are in good shape and will at least make the playoffs, probably advance.

yo123
10-12-2010, 09:44 PM
**** my life. Non Viking fans don't realize how good of a player Ced has become. Hell of a turnaround from the pile of crap he used to be.

Asher Allen has shown me pretty much nothing so far, I don't feel very confident with this. I bet we grab someone off the scrap heap this week.

BuckNaked
10-12-2010, 09:49 PM
**** my life. Non Viking fans don't realize how good of a player Ced has become. Hell of a turnaround from the pile of crap he used to be.

Asher Allen has shown me pretty much nothing so far, I don't feel very confident with this. I bet we grab someone off the scrap heap this week.

Yeah coming from somebody who has torn their ACL multiple time, it is definitely tough to comeback. And even if he does, he definitely will have lost a step, to say the least.

The_Dude
10-12-2010, 10:14 PM

I agree 100%. I used to HATE Griffin, but he has developed into a sold Tampa 2 corner. This is a tough loss.

General Zod
10-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah coming from somebody who has torn their ACL multiple time, it is definitely tough to comeback. And even if he does, he definitely will have lost a step, to say the least.

He can still be a good player even if he loses a bit a speed. He is smart, doesnt bite on things, takes good angles, tackles well. I'm just not sure if he'll ever be able to stay healthy.

yo123
10-14-2010, 12:19 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5inphEX6QroqqQ5yOz9KWFnMaj4TgD9IR6I480?docId= D9IR6I480

We picked up Frank Walker for some CB depth. Really know nothing about him other than Ravens fans on here ******* hated him.

GB12
10-14-2010, 03:12 PM
We had him for a year. Not good.

J-Mike88
10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5inphEX6QroqqQ5yOz9KWFnMaj4TgD9IR6I480?docId= D9IR6I480

We picked up Frank Walker for some CB depth. Really know nothing about him other than Ravens fans on here ******* hated him.
I think he's okay. Not as bad as some say.
I thought he did okay for us, and certainly better than Jarrett Bush.

Walker isn't fast, but he knows how to play, and he's tough. You certainly could have done a lot worse, as we did last year finding Josh Bell instead.

General Zod
10-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Im not real concerned with it, he isnt going to get much playing time anyways. Especially when Cook gets healthy.

djp
10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Packers are pushing hard for Marion Barber apparently. I hope they pick him up so he can get absolutely hyped after he actually gains 4 yards instead of running into the line again.

vikes_28
10-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Packers are pushing hard for Marion Barber apparently. I hope they pick him up so he can get absolutely hyped after he actually gains 4 yards instead of running into the line again.

Yay, it didn't happen.

djp
10-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Al Harris is back just in time to be toasted by Randy Moss again! :)

Crazy_Chris
10-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Al Harris is back just in time to be toasted by Randy Moss again! :)

The only way this can work out well for Al Harris is if he is matched with Berrian all night. Even then I can see Berrian actually making a play for once this season.

God I hope we can get Percy or Randy matched up with him a few times in this game.

princefielder28
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Brett has two fractures in his left ankle

prock
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Good. T-Var time!

princefielder28
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Good. T-Var time!

No necessarily...if it's functional, he's gonna play

prock
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
No necessarily...if it's functional, he's gonna play

It won't be functional when I am done with it.

Crazy_Chris
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
I hope he doesn't try to force it this time, I just don't see how he will be able to play effectively with the 2 fractures in his ankle.

BuckNaked
10-25-2010, 05:54 PM
I hope he doesn't try to force it this time, I just don't see how he will be able to play effectively with the 2 fractures in his ankle.

I hope he goes in for the first play and aggravates it to the extent that I never have to see his old ass on the field again unless it's in a pair of wranglers in what looks to be like a very well-spirited touch football game.

Vikes99ej
10-25-2010, 06:28 PM
they need to sit Favre this game. Just feed it to Peterson against the Pats. The odds are already against us to win it, nothing to lose.

yo123
10-25-2010, 07:55 PM
I don't think the Pats are as good as their 5-1 record but I'm pretty much done going into Sundays with any confidence.

Any other year this is a must win game, it's still pretty damn close though.