PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

Taber21
12-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I still want to see Ponder have another game or two with Harvin back, just to see if he can at least look passable again. That said, if he continues to hold the rest of the team back with Harvin in the lineup, it may very well be time to look at the alternatives at QB. When Ponder was playing well (seems awfully long ago now) one of most common praises he received was his ability to make "the right throw." If he could just get back to playing smart and not flat out losing games for us, this team could compete down the stretch despite their tough schedule.

The_Dude
12-05-2012, 06:07 PM
well, that won't happen this year.... harvin's been placed on IR. boo.

General Zod
12-05-2012, 06:15 PM
So im wondering how this is gonna play out for the contract Percy wanted next season.

The_Dude
12-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Tons of injury/performance based incentives, i hope.

vikes_28
12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
yep, this season is over. sad panda.

Vikes99ej
12-05-2012, 06:30 PM
He has SO much potential when he's 100 percent, but it seems like there is always a problem when it comes to him. I'm not sure how much money we should give him in his next contract. WR has to be a huge priority this offseason.

vikes_28
12-05-2012, 06:34 PM
If we don't sign Harvin we better take a hard look at Wallace or Bowe or both. Or maybe sign Wallace and draft a big WR like Robert Woods.

the_legend_killer
12-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Well....****. What's Jake Reed up to?

The Dynasty
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Adrian Peterson, Matt Kalil, and Jared Allen are leading the pro bowl votes for their respective positions in the NFC. Harvin is also leading the Kick Returner.

Chad Greenway better get into the Pro Bowl. Even if the game is a joke. He deserves the recognition.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap1000000106398/article/robert-griffin-iii-climbs-higher-in-2013-pro-bowl-voting

holt_bruce81
12-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Adrian Peterson, Matt Kalil, and Jared Allen are leading the pro bowl votes for their respective positions in the NFC. Harvin is also leading the Kick Returner.

Chad Greenway better get into the Pro Bowl. Even if the game is a joke. He deserves the recognition.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap1000000106398/article/robert-griffin-iii-climbs-higher-in-2013-pro-bowl-voting

Agreed, Greenway is a monster for you guys. How is Matt Kalil lookin this year? Deserving of the votes?

Good luck Sunday boys, should be fun.

djp
12-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Agreed, Greenway is a monster for you guys. How is Matt Kalil lookin this year? Deserving of the votes?

Good luck Sunday boys, should be fun.

Kalil has been good, not sure about Pro Bowl good, but certainly looking like he's a keeper. and agreed, have a feeling we will lay an egg for some reason.

yo123
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
#6 seed in the NFC. We're really going to have to earn this with the last two games being Houston and Green Bay though.

The Dynasty
12-17-2012, 11:05 AM
#6 seed in the NFC. We're really going to have to earn this with the last two games being Houston and Green Bay though.

Yeah its gonna be tough to hold on to the 6th seed with these last two games. It also doesn't help that the Bears have to play the Cards and the Lions. It also seems like we need the Giants to lose out which is possible but I doubt it.

yo123
12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
The chances aren't great.

Even if we win out we need Dallas and the Giants to lose one more game each.

But if we lose next week we can still get in if we beat GB in week 17 and Dallas/NYG both lose.

I'm just happy that we're actually playing meaningful late season games again.

prock
12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Well I am pretty confident in Dallas will lose one more game. We won't lose to GB because I'm pretty certain they will have locked up the #3 seed by then.

vikes_28
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
All the vikings need to do is win and they're in. I'm excited for this game cause i'm going to be there. :)

Dr. Gonzo
12-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Rushing record and playoffs would be so fantastic and would be an incredible surprise to top off a great season. I find it so crazy that both are possible this year, let along even one of them.

General Zod
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
After the game today, Jerome Simpson called out Tom Peliserro and said he was a douchbag. I find that hilarious. Tom and Judd are gonna have fun with this one for while.

J-Mike88
12-30-2012, 10:14 PM
After the game today, Jerome Simpson called out Tom Peliserro and said he was a douchbag. I find that hilarious. Tom and Judd are gonna have fun with this one for while.
Simpson is a punk thug, he belongs on the old Vikings teams, not the current one with a bunch of better people like Peterson, Ponder, Rudolph, Greenway, etc.

But Simpson did bait Tramon Williams into the ghetto penalty when we had finished off the goalline stand and forced a FG attempt... that second chance resulted in a TD and +4 pt swing.

Hurray for Simpson.
Boo for Williams.

Next Saturday night is gonna be historic.
You guys already have a playoff win at Lambeau, Culpepper over Favre, at night again if I remember correctly.

Pressure will be all on the Packers.

the_legend_killer
12-30-2012, 10:15 PM

3 catches for 39 yards has a way of making a man feel good about himself.

Vikes99ej
12-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Simpson is a **** bag. Glad we only signed him to one year. Thought he was going to be a good pick-up but his mouth has ran more than he has.

General Zod
12-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Simpson is a punk thug, he belongs on the old Vikings teams, not the current one with a bunch of better people like Peterson, Ponder, Rudolph, Greenway, etc.

But Simpson did bait Tramon Williams into the ghetto penalty when we had finished off the goalline stand and forced a FG attempt... that second chance resulted in a TD and +4 pt swing.

Hurray for Simpson.
Boo for Williams.

Next Saturday night is gonna be historic.
You guys already have a playoff win at Lambeau, Culpepper over Favre, at night again if I remember correctly.

Pressure will be all on the Packers.

Nah Simpson is garbage. I cant wait for him to hit the streets after this season is over.

The Dynasty
12-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah I cant wait to see AJ Jefferson and Jerome Simpson off this team.. they are both terrible and horrific to watch right now. Jarius Wright/Percy and a Big target along with Rudolph and AD... Ponder will have to perform with that crew.

General Zod
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
You gotta kinda wonder what Percy is thinking right now with the success the Vikings are having without him.

The Dynasty
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
You gotta kinda wonder what Percy is thinking right now with the success the Vikings are having without him.

Yeah very true.. We went 5-2 when he went down in Seattle.

Vikes99ej
12-30-2012, 11:53 PM

He's thinking "I wonder what kind of draft pick the Vikings will get for me"

General Zod
01-01-2013, 03:19 PM

And to follow up on this, today Jerome Simpson actually called Tom a douchbag to his face. lol

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Today, Jerome Simpson called me a "douchebag" to my face. I'll take that as progress. Whatever you need to motivate you, big guy.

Edit: Tom later tweeded that Leslie Fraizer called him personally and apologized.

Just got a call from Leslie Frazier apologizing for what Simpson said. Whole thing is not a big deal to me, but Les is class all the way.

J-Mike88
01-01-2013, 06:59 PM
And to follow up on this, today Jerome Simpson actually called Tom a douchbag to his face. lol

Today, Jerome Simpson called me a "douchebag" to my face. I'll take that as progress. Whatever you need to motivate you, big guy.

Edit: Tom later tweeded that Leslie Fraizer called him personally and apologized.

Just got a call from Leslie Frazier apologizing for what Simpson said. Whole thing is not a big deal to me, but Les is class all the way.
You guys have a lot of good people who I like... Peterson and Ponder especially. Good dudes. Impossible to root against.

But then there's Jerome.
You can tell why he was originally a Bengal.

J-Mike88
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Packers are just 1-4 in their last 5 home playoff games.
All were as 7+ point favorites.

Rodgers has not lost back to back games since October 2010.
But Rodgers can't help tackle Peterson.

Rodgers is the only starting QB in the NFL with a playoff win under his belt.
But Rodgers has been one & done in 2 of his 3 playoff seasons.

Ponder was a higher draft pick than Rodgers was.

Peterson owns the Packers, on grass and on turf.

The Packers lost their first regular season home games this year.
The Packers lost their first playoff game last year.

All the pressure will be on the Packers.
Vikings are basically playing with House Money at this point in time.

-www.PackersInsider.com

J-Mike88
01-01-2013, 07:08 PM
He's probably thinking about his next bag-o-weed.

I'm glad he's out though, little dude killed us. He's a stronger version of our Randall Cobb.

djp
01-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Packers are just 1-4 in their last 5 home playoff games.
All were as 7+ point favorites.

Rodgers has not lost back to back games since October 2010.
But Rodgers can't help tackle Peterson.

Rodgers is the only starting QB in the NFL with a playoff win under his belt.
But Rodgers has been one & done in 2 of his 3 playoff seasons.

Ponder was a higher draft pick than Rodgers was.

Peterson owns the Packers, on grass and on turf.

The Packers lost their first regular season home games this year.
The Packers lost their first playoff game last year.

All the pressure will be on the Packers.
Vikings are basically playing with House Money at this point in time.

-www.PackersInsider.com

Fail to see how any of that is relevant minus Peterson's success against GB. And it's the playoffs; there's going to be pressure in every game no matter who is playing.

J-Mike88
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Fail to see how any of that is relevant minus Peterson's success against GB. And it's the playoffs; there's going to be pressure in every game no matter who is playing.
Our guys definitely tightened up last year.... Giants played loose, nothing to lose, big underdog, etc.

There is a big difference in mentality.

We played like that in 2010, barely made it into the playoffs, felt like we had a gift, played the playoffs on house money, got on a roll, and it was destiny.

That run was the only time Rodgers has won a playoff game.

But it's not him, this team is not physical and if they don't get up early, the pressure will build.

You guys have a great chance. Forget the point spread, and yes I bet on the Giants last year when they beat us. We're soft in the trenches and our DBs are all thin in the DBackfield.

Vikings4ever
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vikes-assistants-singletary-priefer-bears-204846354--nfl.html

Minnesota assistants Mike Singletary and Mike Priefer will interview for the Chicago head coaching vacancy.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Tuesday that the Bears made the request. There are at least 10 other coaches reported to be under consideration to replace the fired Lovie Smith in Chicago.

After an unsuccessful stint as coach of the San Francisco 49ers, Singletary was hired by his former Bears teammate Frazier to be a linebackers coach and a special assistant. He's been with the Vikings for two years.

Priefer has completed two seasons as special teams coordinator, helping steer the organization's decision to cut veteran kicker Ryan Longwell and draft Blair Walsh, who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie this year.

yo123
01-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Don't care much if they take Singletary (not sure why someone wants him as a HC again anyway.

Our ST this year was on the of the best units we've had in a while though, I'd hate to see Priefer go.

BuckNaked
01-11-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't like all of the stuff I've been reading about Percy. Really hope we don't lose him.

vikes_28
01-13-2013, 04:04 PM
I know this is the least of anyones worries right now, but I hear that the vikings are getting newer retro uniforms next year, in addition they will apparently be getting a newer looking logo.

The Dynasty
01-13-2013, 04:13 PM
I know this is the least of anyones worries right now, but I hear that the vikings are getting newer retro uniforms next year, in addition they will apparently be getting a newer looking logo.

Yeah I heard the same thing. As a person who has a huge collection of jerseys, im pretty excited to see it. Hopefully they just use our throwback jerseys as our primary.

Vikings4ever
01-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Kalil's headed to the Pro Bowl.

General Zod
01-28-2013, 05:19 AM
I know its hard to take anything from the pro bowl, but you have to wonder what kind of numbers Kyle Rudolph could put up with more consistent QB play and some outside help.

J-Mike88
02-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Congratulations to Adrian Peterson for winning the MVP!
And he won the OPOY as well.

You know I battled some Manning/Brady QB fans for weeks saying Peterson should be the MVP, and ultimately justice prevailed!

Peterson's season was historic. Head & shoulders above all others at his position.

No QB was head & shoulders above all others, in fact a case could be made for any of 3 QB's for being the better QB this season.

I thought this was a no-brainer for Peterson!

Also, congrats to Cris Carter..... that guy tormented me for so many years. Well-deserved.
He had THE BEST HANDS I ever saw.... better than Rice, Moss, Largent, Irvin, even Sterling Sharpe.

prock
02-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Yeah it was a good day to be a Vikings fan, and I don't get to say that very often.

marshallb
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
So, Peterson played the last 7 games with a hernia (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8925770/adrian-peterson-surgery-fix-sports-hernia). That's even more insane. I will never doubt him ever again.

prock
02-08-2013, 10:45 PM
That is the most incredible thing. Ive ever heard.

the_legend_killer
02-10-2013, 03:45 PM
So, there's this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade

Not too surprising given how the season ended.

yo123
02-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Harvin is such a spoiled little crybaby. Good riddance. But if he went to NE.....my god.

the_legend_killer
02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah, Harvin in NE is a scary thought. But it would get him pretty far away from Minnesota (and from beating them on the field), so I guess it wouldn't be all bad. Just curious as to what Minnesota could get for him. I've heard 2nd and 3rd rounders would be in play.

djp
02-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Really don't understand what the problem is here. Anything less than a first rounder, I'm declining the offer instantly. Unless Harvin has made it known that he won't re-sign, which we won't know either until he's traded or signs an extension

yo123
02-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't want to trade him for peanuts either, but the fact that no one is making an effort at all to deny that there is a problem makes me think that there is a real one.

The Dynasty
02-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Trade him to Miami for their 2 second round picks (#42 and #56).

I love Harvin and what he brings to the field but he is clearly a headache to the team and we don't need that. In the report I read it said even the players weren't happy the way Harvin blew up at Frazier. I've never seen Frazier get upset once either.

princefielder28
02-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Trade him to Miami for their 2 second round picks (#42 and #56).

I love Harvin and what he brings to the field but he is clearly a headache to the team and we don't need that. In the report I read it said even the players weren't happy the way Harvin blew up at Frazier. I've never seen Frazier get upset once either.

Joe Philbin will want nothing to do with someone like Harvin.

The Dynasty
02-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Joe Philbin will want nothing to do with someone like Harvin.

That's a shame then. Thought it would be a good fit and compensation. Harvin getting to go back to Florida and also the Dolphins could use an explosive wide out.

If we do end up trading Harvin I do hope we get at least 2 and a 3 but ultimately hoping for a 1.

General Zod
02-11-2013, 07:51 AM
If Al Davis was still alive we could get a 1st pick out of Oakland. lol

The Dynasty
02-11-2013, 01:49 PM
If Al Davis was still alive we could get a 1st pick out of Oakland. lol

I'd be hesitant to trade with Oakland again when it comes to a 1st round pick and a WR.... It didn't work out so well last time.

Other than NE and MIA, I can't think of any other suitors for Percy.

The Dynasty
02-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Just got an update from ESPN that the Vikings have reward Leslie Frazier a multi-year contract extension.

The Dynasty
02-14-2013, 01:25 PM
http://www.vikings.com/assets/images/articles/2013/february/norseman-article-comp.jpg

Vikings made some subtle changes to the Norseman logo. Old one is on the left.

vikes_28
02-14-2013, 06:06 PM
real subtle change. But it looks better and a little bit less "flat" if you know what i mean. The fact that they matched the horn on the norseman to the one on their helmets pretty much gives it away that if there is a huge uniform overhaul the horns will not be going away.

yo123
02-15-2013, 01:49 PM
I've always liked our logo and the changes are almost not noticeable, so I like it.

The Dynasty
02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
I've always liked our logo and the changes are almost not noticeable, so I like it.

Yeah I agree. They just cleaned it up a little bit. It reminded of when the Detroit Lions updated their logo to make it stand out more.

General Zod
02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Now we just need to change our jerseys back :-(

prock
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't mind a co-GM for this forum mock if anyone wants to help. Takers?

marshallb
02-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't mind a co-GM for this forum mock if anyone wants to help. Takers?

I'd be willing to join as a co. I had planned on joining the next forum mock, but I missed the sign-up for this one.

Taber21
03-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Who would everyone like to see us target in FA? Obviously we have some cap space to make a couple signings, with the need for a WR clearly #1 on the list. Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings are the biggest names available, would anyone like to see us target one of them at the right price? I am personally not a huge fan of Wallace but the idea of a team having to bring a safety up in the box to help stop AP makes me somewhat intrigued of what he could do with us.

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I would love if we took a run at signing Andy Levitre. I do like Wallace but I think I would prefer Greg Jennings on this team. Dannell Ellerbe would be real nice. Aqib Talib or Sean Smith I think would really help our secondary. Finally, I think we need a great S to play next to Smith so I would love if we got Dashon Goldson or William Moore.

General Zod
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
I never saw a picture of Ponders arm bruise that kept him out of the wild card game. Yuck....
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/50eb14fd69bedd9323000002-1000-560-620-/christian-ponder-arm-injury.jpg

Taber21
03-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I never saw a picture of Ponders arm bruise that kept him out of the wild card game. Yuck....
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/50eb14fd69bedd9323000002-1000-560-620-/christian-ponder-arm-injury.jpg

Can't expect a guy to throw the ball with an arm like that.

The Dynasty
03-07-2013, 05:32 PM
I would love if we took a run at signing Andy Levitre. I do like Wallace but I think I would prefer Greg Jennings on this team. Dannell Ellerbe would be real nice. Aqib Talib or Sean Smith I think would really help our secondary. Finally, I think we need a great S to play next to Smith so I would love if we got Dashon Goldson or William Moore.

I would agree with Andy Levitre. I would love to put him next to Kalil and have a very good left side of the O-line we had with Hutch and McKinnie.

I'm also on the same page with Jennings over Wallace. He will come cheaper than wallace and he would also bring us a veteran presence to a very young offense. He can help teach the younger Wide outs and he would compliment Harvin and also a 1st round Pick WR.

I have always wanted Sean Smith on the Vikings and its mainly because of his height. He is around 6'2 and we need tall corners like a Chris Cook to go up against a Megatron and Brandon Marshall.

A sleeper I would be excited to see is Danny Amendola, He is a hard worker and all he does is go out and does his job and would be a very reliable receiver for Ponder.

Vikings4ever
03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
A sleeper I would be excited to see is Danny Amendola, He is a hard worker and all he does is go out and does his job and would be a very reliable receiver for Ponder.

I like Amendola, but I doubt he signs for less than Hartline's 6 million a year. With his durability issues, I don't know he's worth that.

For a sleeper, I'd like us to look at David Nelson. He's a big target with nice hands, young enough that he's still developing, and shouldn't cost too much coming off an ACL tear early in 2012.

The Dynasty
03-08-2013, 12:37 AM
I like Amendola, but I doubt he signs for less than Hartline's 6 million a year. With his durability issues, I don't know he's worth that.

For a sleeper, I'd like us to look at David Nelson. He's a big target with nice hands, young enough that he's still developing, and shouldn't cost too much coming off an ACL tear early in 2012.

I've seen David Nelson play in Buffalo and I'm not that impressed with him to be honest. I think he is a 4th Receiver at best. Amendola wont get near 6 million especially with the durability issues.

Also just saw this on PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/08/report-percy-harvin-threatened-to-walk-out-on-vikings-last-offseason/

If that's the case and it is true ... I say trade him now. I love Percy Harvin and what he can bring to a team but he is a head case. If we aren't willing to pay him Top WR money, then we need to move him while we can. Might be a draft day deal.

The Dynasty
03-09-2013, 10:29 PM
I've seen David Nelson play in Buffalo and I'm not that impressed with him to be honest. I think he is a 4th Receiver at best. Amendola wont get near 6 million especially with the durability issues.

Also just saw this on PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/08/report-percy-harvin-threatened-to-walk-out-on-vikings-last-offseason/

If that's the case and it is true ... I say trade him now. I love Percy Harvin and what he can bring to a team but he is a head case. If we aren't willing to pay him Top WR money, then we need to move him while we can. Might be a draft day deal.

According to the Star Tribune, Percy Harvin has officially requested to be traded. Other than New England... who are the possible suitors for him?

The_Dude
03-10-2013, 09:17 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/report-harvin-wants-out-of-minnesota/

Well, it seems like a done deal these days.

I am hoping that San Fran comes after Percy. I would be thrilled to get their 2 second round picks for Percy.....

I love Percy as a player, but he's such a malcontent that I am ready to say good riddance to him.

The Dynasty
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/report-harvin-wants-out-of-minnesota/

Well, it seems like a done deal these days.

I am hoping that San Fran comes after Percy. I would be thrilled to get their 2 second round picks for Percy.....

I love Percy as a player, but he's such a malcontent that I am ready to say good riddance to him.

Yeah I agree. He is an amazing player but if You can't get along with Leslie Frazier then there is something wrong with you. I know he wants Megatron money but I doubt anyone gives him that because of he is so brittle.

If this was Madden I'd figure out a way to trade him for Revis.

Taber21
03-10-2013, 01:19 PM
The Vikings are going to be hard pressed to get a return on Harvin if his contract demands remain this absurd. No one is giving him $15m/year and they certainly won't part with high picks for the right to do so.

Dr. Gonzo
03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
From what I understand Sid Hartman tends to be full of **** so I will take this report with a grain of salt. If it is true though I am not sure the Vikings will be able to trade him. I don't think they will or should settle for any less than a high second round pick. If he refuses to play then the year won't count and he will still have to play next year. If he plays like **** he ruins his chances of getting a big contract, If he plays well he is a RFA next year so the Vikings will get a first rounder in return if someone signs him.

yo123
03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Sid Hartman is a senile jackass.

the_legend_killer
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
So Schefter's reporting that the Vikings are chatting with Seattle about dealing Harvin. No word yet on what the return compensation would be.

prock
03-11-2013, 11:56 AM
If Seattle would send us a first for him, I would be pretty stoked. And I'm sure Seattle would be too. That would instantly make them a top 3 favorite for next year.

the_legend_killer
03-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Agreed. An offense with Russell, Lynch and Harvin is pretty dang scary on paper.

the_legend_killer
03-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Glazer says the deal is done with Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending a physical.

marshallb
03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
John Clayton just said Seattle "gave up at least a first round pick".

That's about as good as I expected we could get given all the **** that he pulled that was being reported.

princefielder28
03-11-2013, 12:39 PM
looks like a 1st and 7th this year along with a mid round pick next year

The Dynasty
03-11-2013, 12:45 PM

That's a pretty nice compensation for him. I was expecting a 2nd so a late 1st is pretty nice.

marshallb
03-11-2013, 12:47 PM

Yup. Which is an excellent return for him under normal circumstances let alone all of the **** he pulled in the locker room and with the coaches.

djp
03-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Really sucks to see Percy go. For as crappy as his attitude was, he ALWAYS gave 100% on the field. Dude is a straight monster when he's healthy.

I do think we made the right play though. We obviously weren't comfortable giving into his Calvin/Fitz salary demands. I think we traded him at just the right time to maximize value.

The Dynasty
03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Really sucks to see Percy go. For as crappy as his attitude was, he ALWAYS gave 100% on the field. Dude is a straight monster when he's healthy.

I do think we made the right play though. We obviously weren't comfortable giving into his Calvin/Fitz salary demands. I think we traded him at just the right time to maximize value.

Yeah I completely agree. The compensation we received allows us to not only help out the WR spot but also allows us to get a LB/DT/CB in the first as well.

Does anyone know where we stand with Loadholt? I havent heard anything with him at all.

Dr. Gonzo
03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Sad to see Percy go but I like the trade. I have been to one draft and cheered so loudly when Percy was drafted.

marshallb
03-11-2013, 01:12 PM
I think Spielman did an excellent job to create a market for him. Harvin wanted a big contract, which with all of the little injuries he'd had could easily come back to hurt in the long run. Yes, he was excellent on the field, and a crappy attitude doesn't matter to me. The problem was he didn't have a crappy attitude, it was WAY beyond that.

BuckNaked
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't know how the hell Spielman got this haul for him but I guess I can't be too upset about Percy going when we got this kind of return. He's made some great moves as of late and I fully trust him to make some great decisions come draft day.

BuckNaked
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
We're in talks with NYG to trade one of our firsts for Victor Cruz. Would rather not personally.

prock
03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Wouldn't hate it but I would rather sign one and draft one.

Vikings4ever
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/vikings-made-a-play-for-anquan-boldin-too/

The 49ers weren’t the only NFC team who made a trade offer for Baltimore’s Anquan Boldin.

PFT’s Mike Florio, citing a source with knowledge of the discussions, reports the Vikings offered a seventh-round pick to Baltimore for Boldin.

prock
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Hell, offer up a 6th. That would be fantastic. Then bring in a FA and a first rounder.

BuckNaked
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh c'mon you gotta give up the 6th rounder there. No brainer.

Azhais
03-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Harvin apparently wasn't a Ponder fan:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---sources--percy-harvin-s-lack-of-confidence-in-christian-ponder-was-final-straw-for-vikings-205048037.html

marshallb
03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh c'mon you gotta give up the 6th rounder there. No brainer.

Ehhhh...I probably would have as well, but Boldin's on the last year of his deal, owed $6 million, will be 33, and has only had 7 TD in the past two seasons combined to go with 1808 yards. Yes, he would have been the Vikings #1 as of now, and would have been a nice mentor to guys like Wright and whoever the Vikings may draft this year, but he's no longer the guy he used to be. Plus, Spielman may have been willing to give up a 6th but wasn't given the chance. It's quite possible that they talked to Minnesota, the Vikings offered a 7th, they talked to other teams, including San Fran who offered a 6th, and they very well might not have called back giving Minnesota a chance to improve their offer due to the relationship with the Harbaughs, just to potentially get a pick a handful of picks better.

The Dynasty
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Next year's mid-round pick the #Seahawks are sending to the #Vikings likely to be a third-rounder.

He is a writer for the Seattle Times and covers the Seahawks. So a 1st, next years 3rd, and 7th for Harvin.... Pretty damn good.

the_legend_killer
03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm satisfied with what they got for Harvin. Part of me (assuming the players are there) wants me to have them pick WRs at 23 and 25. But then common sense kicks in and says they should go either DT or LB with the other pick.

BuckNaked
03-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Lets sign Bobby Wade and Bernard Berrian?

The Dynasty
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
We re-signed Jerome Simpson on a 1 year deal according to Adam Schefter

Vikings4ever
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/vikings-redo-john-carlsons-contract/

The Vikings and tight end John Carlson finalized a reworked contract on Tuesday morning, Tom Pelissero of ESPN1500.com reported.

According to Pelissero, the move decreases Carlson’s $4 million salary-cap number for 2013. Carlson will still make $1.2 million in guaranteed money, according to the report, with a chance to make as much as $3 million by reaching incentives.

marshallb
03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
We re-signed Jerome Simpson on a 1 year deal according to Adam Schefter

Hopefully he can actually be healthy this year, but he doesn't do much to solve the Vikes need for WR and he's a douchebag. Hopefully they can add another better WR in FA and then another in the draft, leaving Simpson as the 4 behind Wright because if they expect him to be the 2 or even 3, then that's asking for trouble again.

The Dynasty
03-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Hopefully he can actually be healthy this year, but he doesn't do much to solve the Vikes need for WR and he's a douchebag. Hopefully they can add another better WR in FA and then another in the draft, leaving Simpson as the 4 behind Wright because if they expect him to be the 2 or even 3, then that's asking for trouble again.

Yeah I agree. He isn't going to change any plan this Free Agency or Draft for us this year. He is just a Vet who can come in and help out. I think like what you said he is a 4 at best.

I don't see us signing Mike Wallace. 13 million a year would kill our cap space and we have more holes than just WR. I'd rather see us go get Danny Amendola or Jennings for the 2nd WR and go get a tall WR in the 1st.

The Dynasty
03-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Vikings released Antoine Winfield according to Tom Pelissero

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_release_Antoine_Winfield_in_surprising_mov e031213

marshallb
03-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Yeah I agree. He isn't going to change any plan this Free Agency or Draft for us this year. He is just a Vet who can come in and help out. I think like what you said he is a 4 at best.

I don't see us signing Mike Wallace. 13 million a year would kill our cap space and we have more holes than just WR. I'd rather see us go get Danny Amendola or Jennings for the 2nd WR and go get a tall WR in the 1st.

I'd pass on Amendola. He's been extremely injury prone, and he's simply a slot receiver, and I'd rather give Wright a chance in that role rather than pay Amendola big money. When given a chance after Harvin was out, Wright showed flashes in limited time, and I liked him coming out of the draft. I don't think the Vikes have a chance on Wallace. Miami is willing to spend whatever it takes on him, and Minnesota doesn't have the cap space to get into a bidding war over him and would be wise not to. I see Jennings going elsewhere also as it's been reported that the most important thing to him is a strong established QB. That definitely sounds disappointing, but I'd be happy to see Minnesota go after Brandon Gibson or Donnie Avery. Both could be ok #2s that would come on rather cheap deals that would allow the Vikings to spend a couple early picks on receivers and allow them to develop, without forcing Ponder to throw to nothing but rookies/2nd year guys.

And Pelissero just reported on twitter that the Vikings released Antoine Winfield. Ugggghhh... I'm not happy with that. It leaves the Vikings extremely thin at CB.

marshallb
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Pelissero also just reported on twitter that he's hearing the Vikings are close on a deal with Loadholt.

The Dynasty
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Tough seeing Winfield go but we just cleared up 7.25 million from him being cut. Now 11-13 Million to wallace doesn't seem as bad. Still would be surprised though if we signed him.

marshallb
03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Tough seeing Winfield go but we just cleared up 7.25 million from him being cut. Now 11-13 Million to wallace doesn't seem as bad. Still would be surprised though if we signed him.

Yea, I understand why they did it, but it will definitely hurt and I'll miss Winfield. It definitely opens up the cap room for them to make a bigger offer to Wallace or Jennings, but I agree with you and still expect them to sign elsewhere. It'll be an interesting next few hours though.

vikes_28
03-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Any chance we make a move on someone like Cruz?

The Dynasty
03-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Any chance we make a move on someone like Cruz?

It would make sense. Victor Cruz is a proven commodity rather than one of the players in the draft. You know what you will get with him. Just not sure though, depends on the type of money he wants. The only concern with him is the Manning Factor. Clearly Eli Manning makes him a very good WR, makes you wonder how he would be with out an Elite QB.

Nnamdi anyone?

prock
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I thought Nmandi couldn't play the zone? I want Talib or Grimes.

marshallb
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Vikings agreed to a multi-year contract with Loadholt per Pelissero.

EDIT: Also re-signed Joe Beger to a one-year minimum contract. Good backup who can play C and both G positions.

Vikings4ever
03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
The mid round pick in the Harvin trade is the Seahawks' 3rd next year.

vikes_28
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Jerome Felton Re-signs

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_complete_priority_list_resign_fullback_Jer ome_Felton031213

Jamarca Sanford re-signs

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Special_teams_ace_Jamarca_Sanford_tweets_he_has_re signed_with_Vikings031213

I like the Felton re-signing.

BuckNaked
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I'd like to see us bring in Karlos Dansby. I don't think he would cost too much as he's getting up there a little bit. Would allow us to take a stud DT in the 1st as well.

Vikings4ever
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Well, after we pissed off AD with the Harvin trade, I suppose it's good that we kept his lead blocker.

Vikings4ever
03-12-2013, 08:46 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/vikings-reach-two-year-deal-with-erin-henderson/

The Vikings have agreed to re-sign linebacker Erin Henderson a two-year contract, PFT’s Mike Florio confirmed Tuesday.

The Vikings’ weak side linebacker, the 26-year-old Henderson played 14 games (10 starts) in 2012, recording a career-high 80 tackles and defending three passes. He has started 21 games in the last two seasons for Minnesota.

BuckNaked
03-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Apparently we're not interested in Greg Jennings. What the **** are we gonna do at receiver?

Dr. Gonzo
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Apparently we're not interested in Greg Jennings. What the **** are we gonna do at receiver?

I would love to see us go after Amendola or Welker. The talk of the Packers offering 10 mill per for Jennings means we probably would have had to offer 12 and a ton of guaranteed money which is too much.

Curious too see what we do about the CB situation. Still hoping we draft Mathieu but we also need to bring in a solid vet. Nnamdi? I would be all for trading for Revis.

the_legend_killer
03-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Nnamdi and Revis don't fit in a zone scheme. Glad they resigned the three they needed to (Loadholt, Felton and Sanford). Also, if they signed Henderson I hope that means that Brinkley is gone.

Dr. Gonzo
03-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Nnamdi and Revis don't fit in a zone scheme. Glad they resigned the three they needed to (Loadholt, Felton and Sanford). Also, if they signed Henderson I hope that means that Brinkley is gone.

**** the zone scheme!

I get what you are saying, they don't. Just always been a fan of those two. Nnamdi is not at all a good fit but I think with a few changes Revis could fit very nicely. I don't see either happening though. I am hoping we get Sean Smith, I think he would fit in nicely. A guard would be nice. I would like to see us go after Kevin Burnett or Karlos Dansby as well.

There is also the issue of another QB. I have heard Cassel's name come up, I would be fine with him. Maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick. I would be all for taking a QB in round 2/3 too.

marshallb
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
The Vikings did a nice job of re-signing their own today, but it would be nice to seem them sign someone else. According to Pelissero, the Vikes are working the phones, but their targets are lower-profile free agents.

the_legend_killer
03-12-2013, 11:55 PM
**** the zone scheme!

I get what you are saying, they don't. Just always been a fan of those two. Nnamdi is not at all a good fit but I think with a few changes Revis could fit very nicely. I don't see either happening though. I am hoping we get Sean Smith, I think he would fit in nicely. A guard would be nice. I would like to see us go after Kevin Burnett or Karlos Dansby as well.

There is also the issue of another QB. I have heard Cassel's name come up, I would be fine with him. Maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick. I would be all for taking a QB in round 2/3 too.

Burnett or Dansby would be fine by me. So would some sort of backup QB capable of throwing a forward pass.

Taber21
03-13-2013, 11:39 AM
I am pleased with the way the offseason has started for Spielman. Got a good return for Harvin, resigned the guys he needed to, and hasn't gone out and blown our cap space (yet) on over priced free agents. That said, we are on the verge of fielding the worst WR core in NFL history so he needs to bring in a couple guys who can start outside ahead of Simpson. Draft one, sign one is our best option, IMO.

The Dynasty
03-13-2013, 11:50 AM
I am pleased with the way the offseason has started for Spielman. Got a good return for Harvin, resigned the guys he needed to, and hasn't gone out and blown our cap space (yet) on over priced free agents. That said, we are on the verge of fielding the worst WR core in NFL history so he needs to bring in a couple guys who can start outside ahead of Simpson. Draft one, sign one is our best option, IMO.

As of right now I would be hoping for Amendola, Heyward-Bey or Gibson. We need to get someone in FA then go in the draft for one or two. As of right now i think we go WR at 23 and CB at 25. Keenan Allen and Desmond Trufant maybe?

Taber21
03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Spielman on NFL network just said the door is open for a Winfield return.

The Dynasty
03-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Spielman on NFL network just said the door is open for a Winfield return.

I read the yesterday that he wants to go to a contender. I doubt he considers us a contender. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore.

Taber21
03-13-2013, 02:23 PM
I read the yesterday that he wants to go to a contender. I doubt he considers us a contender. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore.

Ya I agree he would be hesitant to return at this point, but the thought the Vikings would welcome him back at a more team friendly number leaves the door somewhat open. I always liked Winfield and he's been great for us since we signed him. If he doesn't return I wish him the best.

russie
03-13-2013, 04:32 PM
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/3/13/4100510/an-ode-to-a-great

great article that really sums up winfield

and **** spielman by the way

The Dynasty
03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Ya I agree he would be hesitant to return at this point, but the thought the Vikings would welcome him back at a more team friendly number leaves the door somewhat open. I always liked Winfield and he's been great for us since we signed him. If he doesn't return I wish him the best.

I hope he returns as well. I have had the privileged of being able to watch him before he came to Minnesota when he was in Buffalo and I have enjoyed the way he plays the game. Truly will be missed if he doesn't return.

My dad told me he heard on Sirius today on the NFL Radio channel that the Vikings are talking to Cruz. I haven't heard or seen any reports of this other than what my dad has told me. Just wondering if you guys have seen anything other than just speculations.

Taber21
03-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Reports saying we've been in touch with Urlacher.

DHVF
03-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Reports saying we've been in touch with Urlacher.Yuck, do not want. He's waaay over the hill, and doesn't really fit the profile of how we're assembling our team.

Taber21
03-13-2013, 08:15 PM
He's an improvement over Brinkley but I agree, no thanks to Urlacher.

The Dynasty
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Yuck, do not want. He's waaay over the hill, and doesn't really fit the profile of how we're assembling our team.

He's an improvement over Brinkley but I agree, no thanks to Urlacher.

I agree with you both in a way. He is an improvement and he is over the hill and past his prime. But if we can get him on a cheap contract with incentive base numbers for 2 years I would be fine with. We could still draft a MLB in April and he can sit and learn from Urlacher. It all depends on how much we pay for him if we do sign him.

The_Dude
03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/3/13/4100510/an-ode-to-a-great

great article that really sums up winfield

and **** spielman by the way

That was a great article. Winfield shouldn't have gotten released like that.

the_legend_killer
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks but no thanks on Urlacher. With Henderson back, the team needs a MLB that can play in nickel situations. He isn't that LB.

marshallb
03-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks but no thanks on Urlacher. With Henderson back, the team needs a MLB that can play in nickel situations. He isn't that LB.

Actually, that's what Urlacher actually can do still. He was actually damn good in coverage last year.

The web site ProFootballFocus.com ranked Brinkley 50th among 53 inside linebackers who played at least 25% of the snaps last season. Urlacher was ranked 44th, though he was No. 3 in coverage.

Link (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Vikings_have_shown_interest_in_Bears_lineba cker_Brian_Urlacher031313)

I'd still pass on Urlacher, and I don't think the Vikings interest is serious, unless the contract is cheap, but he's reportedly looking for $5.5 mil. They're likely just checking in on him, which they've probably done with nearly every free agent out there. That or they could be doing what the Bears did with Loadholt and try to drive up the price for a division rival.

the_legend_killer
03-14-2013, 12:47 AM
Actually, that's what Urlacher actually can do still. He was actually damn good in coverage last year.

My mistake. Can I just defer to him being old and probably wanting too much money?

Taber21
03-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Jennings visiting today.

the_legend_killer
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
As a Vikings fan I feel like whole Jennings thing is a no-win situation. Either the team is going to have to pay him much more than he's worth to come to Minnesota or he'll simply go back to GB. I wouldn't mind having him, but not for somewhere around Mike Wallace money.

princefielder28
03-14-2013, 10:55 AM
As a Vikings fan I feel like whole Jennings thing is a no-win situation. Either the team is going to have to pay him much more than he's worth to come to Minnesota or he'll simply go back to GB. I wouldn't mind having him, but not for somewhere around Mike Wallace money.

Jennings isn't going to get Wallace money...probably in the range of 3 years, $27 million for a deal

djp
03-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Yuck, do not want. He's waaay over the hill, and doesn't really fit the profile of how we're assembling our team.

This "reported interest" just reeks of a warning shot to the Bears from Urlacher's camp. He knows that the Bears fan base, even though Urlacher is obviously no longer the player he was, would be upset if he were to sign with a division rival. "Hey, you're pissing me off, don't make me do this. Let's get this deal done."

marshallb
03-14-2013, 11:02 AM

I agree with you entirely. I'd like to have him, he's still a good WR, but he's not worth $10 million per year. Pelissero just tweeted that he heard from an NFL personnel man who thinks Jennings will struggle to get $8 mil/year. Which would be more in line with what I'd be willing to pay him, but I would still want it on a short deal due to his age and recent injury history.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
Hear #Vikings have called on FA CB Antoine Cason & FA S Gerald Sensabaugh. Prob. them just doing due-diligence. They've called on many.

Antoine Cason would be a solid pickup for some depth at CB. He's not a stud or anything, and hasn't developed into what was expected of him after the Chargers took him in the first round, but he'd still be a nice signing depending on the cost. Sensabaugh would be ok, just for safety depth as he can play both spots, but not sure it would be worth it to bring him in after re-signing Sanford.

marshallb
03-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Per Jay Glazer, the Vikings signed Matt Cassel. A good backup signing depending on the money. He'd be a huge upgrade to Webb as the backup.

The Dynasty
03-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Vikings have signed Matt Cassel according to Jay Glazer. I like this move a lot. Gives us a legit backup QB to pressure Ponder.

vikes_28
03-14-2013, 02:35 PM
I like the signing as well. It might put some fire under Ponder's ass to step up his game.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_agree_to_terms_with_quarterback_Matt_Casse l_source_confirms031413

The Dynasty
03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
1 year - 4 Million for Cassel.

Taber21
03-14-2013, 10:00 PM

More than reasonable.

marshallb
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM

More than reasonable.

Yup, that's a pretty fair value for a backup QB who you can trust to hand the ball off to Peterson and complete a handful of passes.

I really hate some Vikings fans. A friend of mine on facebook posted, "I bet the Vikes move Joe Webb to receiver now. Thoughts?" after the news of the Vikings signing Matt Cassel. I've discussed with this guy before that there's a reason why Webb hasn't played WR before even when he was the #3 QB. He can't catch, he can't run a route, and he has no idea what it would take to be a WR. On top of that, his athleticism which is excellent for a QB would be simply good for a WR. I commented that I'd be willing to bet Webb isn't on the team come the start of next season. Several other people commented on his status saying that he's too athletic to cut and they need to try him in the slot and get him the ball in space and that he should have been playing there all along and I doubt they cut him unless he still wants to play QB and other **** like that. It's just stupid and people will never learn. I thought we could get over the idea of Webb ever being anything after that playoff game, but I forgot that every athletic QB can just move to WR if they suck at QB... Anyways, that's just example #547502 of why I don't discuss sports on facebook or with the average fan.

J-Mike88
03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
What's Ponder's contract like?

J-Mike88
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Good move to bring in Cassell, very good move.

If Jennings gets more than $8 mil a year, I hope it's from you guys not us.
One top WR is rarely worth that much money.
I like how the Packers, Patriots, Saints, even Broncos do it... they don't pay one WR a schitload $ like Vincent Jackson got, Fitzgerald, Megatron, etc... I don't see those one-stud WR teams winning Super Bowls very often since the days of Jerry Rice.

Jennings, IMO, cost us signing Steven Jackson, so Jennings can fuckoff. I already lost my love for him, so I can easily stomach him in purple. I'd rather have his ass end up in Cleveland or Buffalo with a **** QB. And cold which he hates.

the_legend_killer
03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
I like the Cassel signing. Ponder/Cassel and MBT is fine for me for our QB trio. Ponder should still be the starter (And is), but if something were to happen I'd have more confidence in Cassel than either Webb or MBT.

fenikz
03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Opinions on Brinkley as a 2 down SILB?

Taber21
03-15-2013, 05:10 PM

If they throw on either one of those downs you're screwed.

princefielder28
03-15-2013, 06:16 PM
congrats on getting Jennings

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Hopefully it is not for too much but I like the signing. He is a much better fit than say Mike Wallace.

vikes_28
03-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Link to vikings signing jennings.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Vikings_reach_agreement_with_receiver_Greg_ Jennings031513

Super excited about this signing. Should be able to sure up our WR corps with Jennings and a rookie in the first round.

The Dynasty
03-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Link to vikings signing jennings.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Vikings_reach_agreement_with_receiver_Greg_ Jennings031513

Super excited about this signing. Should be able to sure up our WR corps with Jennings and a rookie in the first round.

I'm happy about this signing as well. Just hope we didn't spend an absurd amount for him. He has always been one of very few packer players I liked so I am glad to have him on the Vikings.

Tavon Austin at 23 and BPA at 25? Thats how i'm seeing our draft as of right now.

princefielder28
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm happy about this signing as well. Just hope we didn't spend an absurd amount for him. He has always been one of very few packer players I liked so I am glad to have him on the Vikings.

Tavon Austin at 23 and BPA at 25? Thats how i'm seeing our draft as of right now.

Why draft another slot receiver? It's evident that the front office and coaching staff likes Jarius Wright. I'd focus on adding another quality receiver on the outside like DeAndre Hopkins so Jerome Simpson isn't trotting out there.

russie
03-15-2013, 06:53 PM
the way i see it, jennings is a better wr than harvin, but harvin is a bigger threat from more places (wr, kr, pr, rb...)

also, jennings + first round pick+third round pick > harvin leaving in free agency next year

KCJ58
03-15-2013, 06:53 PM
wow, what's the deal worth?

The Dynasty
03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Why draft another slot receiver? It's evident that the front office and coaching staff likes Jarius Wright. I'd focus on adding another quality receiver on the outside like DeAndre Hopkins so Jerome Simpson isn't trotting out there.

wow, what's the deal worth?

No word on how much the deal is worth yet. All we know is its 5 years. I would expect around 30 million but we will see.

I said Tavon Austin at 23 mainly because of what I have been hearing the past couple days from the reporters that cover the Vikings. I much rather have Keenan Allen over Austin. But I just keep hearing his name a lot.

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM

I really don't see us drafting Austin. I can't rule it out but I think it's much more likely that Hopkins, Allen, or Hunter is taken with one of the firsts.

I am happy we didn't use a first to pick up Victor Cruz.

marshallb
03-15-2013, 07:07 PM

He's a good run stuffer, so that would be a good fit, but he's terrible if he's on the field in passing situations. His zone drops are bad and he can't man up on LB/RB at all.

This, 100%. I'm sick of seeing Austin in every mock I look at post Harvin trade. Wright is good enough for the slot and Jennings has been good in the slot when in GB. It's possible, but I'd rather see an outside receiver, and I'd like to see Keenan Allen or Hopkins in the first.

I like the Jennings signing, it just depends on how much the contract is worth. Sounds like it's a 5 year deal, so I'm hoping it's somewhere in the $35-40 million range.

marshallb
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Damn. Sounds like $47.5 M max, $18 M guaranteed.

Taber21
03-15-2013, 07:25 PM
It will probably end up being like 3/27 and we could cut him after that for virtually no cost. That is my guess anyways.

The_Dude
03-15-2013, 08:39 PM
We still HAVE to go wr with one of our first round picks. I would also like Allen or Hopkins.

The 2nd pick is still up in the air for me..... We have to see who drops. Hopefully it is someone like Warmack, Cooper, or Richardson.

I love the Jennings signing, though. Gives us a legit #1, and give Ponder a chance to actually prove himself outside of bubble screens to Percy. It is a make or break it year for Ponder for sure.

the_legend_killer
03-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Oh yeah, a WR with one of the two picks is needed. Add Allen, Hopkins, Hunter or some other kind of receiver with size and a Jennings/Rookie/Wright/Simpson/TBD corps is decent.

J-Mike88
03-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how many times the Vikings reach into our pockets and go after our players.
Not only the ones you did get, but you tried hard before to get others, like Aaron Kampman in his prime.

I can't think of any Vikings the Packers have gone after since the early 1990's.... anyone refresh my memory?

I don't know what to make of it. There are 32 teams in the NFL.
I don't see the Lions or Bears always going after our guys.....

yo123
03-16-2013, 01:37 AM
We do it because it makes Packer fans irrationally angry and it's hilarious.

Azhais
03-16-2013, 02:17 AM
We do it because it makes Packer fans irrationally angry and it's hilarious.

Searching "packers trader" on twitter is good for some laughs.

(Yes, I know it is 'traitor', but they don't)

BlueBandit24
03-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I'd say our history of attaining washed up Bears receivers is much more impressive. Marcus Robinson, Dwayne Bates, Bobby Wade and Devin Aromashadu offers a glimpse at just how desperate we have been.

I agree with the notion on Austin. I like him a lot, and feel he will be better than Wright, but you'd be making a rookie slot guy who showed promise in his rookie season obsolete. I feel we can strengthen the team more by taking a guy who can line up outside. A Hopkins/Allen and Trufant first round would make me happy. Cook/Robinson/Trufant is a corner set I could get on board with, though I am not sure how Trufant fits in our defense.

The_Dude
03-16-2013, 11:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFcem7lCAAAVQDI.jpg:large

Dig it.

prock
03-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Jennings isn't going to get Wallace money...probably in the range of 3 years, $27 million for a deal

Good call.

Taber21
03-17-2013, 08:20 PM
We are in talks with Winfield about resigning. I really hope this works out.

Dr. Gonzo
03-17-2013, 09:15 PM
We are in talks with Winfield about resigning. I really hope this works out.

I hope so too. He has been great for us. One of my favorite Vikings.

the_legend_killer
03-17-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd be pretty pumped if Winfield came back. One of my favorites.

The Dynasty
03-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Vikings signed Seth Olsen today. Former Denver Bronco linemen. Probably signed to replace Geoff Schwarz that we lost to KC.

marshallb
03-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Vikings to announce new uniforms at draft party (http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-To-Unveil-New-Uniforms-On-Thursday-April-25-During-Clubs-Draft-Party/175ed2ab-926d-4c57-9c19-8532cc91484a)

BlueBandit24
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
I really hope they go to a more classic look, as those were some of the best uniforms in the NFL. If they further modernize the look that Nike has brought into the game, it's just another nail in the NFL uniform's coffin.

djp
03-28-2013, 03:59 PM
First two "sneak peeks" (they are a joke as you would imagine)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/165467_10100538974744082_1327904338_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/526482_10100538981615312_382832384_n.jpg

#2 is a little more encouraging, I like simple uniforms.

vikes_28
03-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm hearing apparently they are changing the helmets. Please lord do not get rid of the horn.

Happy to be getting rid of the clown costumes that they have been wearing for 7 years.....

The Dynasty
04-04-2013, 11:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHAys4pCMAIc6eX.jpg

Another sneak peek of the Vikings Jersey. Purple seems darker so that's a plus.

vikes_28
04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure there is going to be a black face mask with the new uniforms. That also leads me to believe that Nike will make an all black alternate. Not sure how I feel about that...

Dr. Gonzo
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure there is going to be a black face mask with the new uniforms. That also leads me to believe that Nike will make an all black alternate. Not sure how I feel about that...

You ******* racist.

The Dynasty
04-11-2013, 12:56 PM
More images of the new jerseys have been released.

Belt/Wasit:
http://www.vikings.com/assets/images/articles/2013/april/buckle-uniforms-article.jpg

Gloves:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHkkMWFCYAA9_hV.jpg:large

Stripes:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHkmwFhCcAAqUFk.jpg:large

Video of Equipment Manager talking about the new jerseys:
vkFrgGBHvA8

Dr. Gonzo
04-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Doing the forum mock and just traded #23 #83 and #155 for Star Lotulelei. Not something that will happen in real life but he would be a terror on our line and I signed back Winfield plus picked up Urlacher so I figured he fits in real way and with another couple additions the Vikings would have one of the better defenses in the league.

Dr. Gonzo
04-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Well the trade was declined in any case but I think Star on the Vikings would be ******* great.

The Dynasty
04-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Joe Webb is moving to wide out. I'm sure he was told to move or be cut.

marshallb
04-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Kevin Williams renegotiated his contract. According to Pelissero, it saves the Vikings $2.5 mil in cap room.

Vikings4ever
04-16-2013, 03:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/report-kevin-williams-reworks-deal-will-be-free-agent-after-2013-season/

Defensive tackle Kevin Williams‘ 11th season with the Vikings could be his last.

Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com reports that Williams and the Vikings have reached a deal to rework his contract that makes him a free agent after the 2013 season. Williams had two years left on his deal with base salaries of $7 million each season, but the money wasn’t guaranteed either year. Pelissero reports he’s agreed to a guaranteed $4.9 million in 2013 and erased the final year of the deal.

The team also dropped a $400,000 weight clause in his contract, which makes for a total cap savings of $2.5 million. The Vikings had $4.4 million in cap space earlier this month, so the Williams deal puts them in better financial footing when it comes to signing draft picks and other players to round out their roster for offseason activities and training camp.

Rosebud
04-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Hey guys. I posted this in the RDT to, but a good friend of mine is going to be having an internship near minneapolis for a couple months starting in may. And I was gunna go up with her to check it out, and then visit her a few times before she moves to her next location. So can you guys help a brother out with some info on the twin cities? I've only ever been there once for a weekend, and I was there for a convention and made friends with some local girls, so I didn't really learn **** about the town while I was there.

I'm looking for general info/suggestions for her and more specific things for us to check out when I'm visiting.

princefielder28
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey guys. I posted this in the RDT to, but a good friend of mine is going to be having an internship near minneapolis for a couple months starting in may. And I was gunna go up with her to check it out, and then visit her a few times before she moves to her next location. So can you guys help a brother out with some info on the twin cities? I've only ever been there once for a weekend, and I was there for a convention and made friends with some local girls, so I didn't really learn **** about the town while I was there.

I'm looking for general info/suggestions for her and more specific things for us to check out when I'm visiting.

Where will she be in relation to the city?

I currently live a half hour outside the cities and spent two and a half years at U of M so I am familiar with the area.

Rosebud
04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure she's gunna be around Bloomington which she said was 15 minutes out.

princefielder28
04-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty sure she's gunna be around Bloomington which she said was 15 minutes out.

The Mall of America is right there, Mystic Lake Casino is about ten minutes away from there and Valley Fair is open in the summer time.

Rosebud
04-18-2013, 01:36 PM
I do love me my rollercoasters and gambling, but she's more of the museum, concert, comedy club, hiking, thrifting, outdoor festival kinda gal.

princefielder28
04-18-2013, 02:32 PM
I do love me my rollercoasters and gambling, but she's more of the museum, concert, comedy club, hiking, thrifting, outdoor festival kinda gal.

You could go to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Como Zoo as fun, free options.

prock
04-18-2013, 02:40 PM
For music check out First Avenue. Dinkytown is fun too, but that's more college age, but I don't know how old you are. But definitely check out the Institute of Art. Kickass theater scene too with the Orpheum and the Guthrie. Target Fieldis kick ass too.

Rosebud
04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys. We're 23/24 so those sound like good tips.

The Dynasty
04-18-2013, 06:50 PM
More photos have been released of the upcoming jerseys

Shoulder Pad area:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIIgnLoCMAAk1u1.jpg

Close up of the numbers:

http://www.vikings.com/assets/images/articles/2013/april/adrian-jersey-close.jpg

The Dynasty
04-18-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG/VIKINGS?icampaign=Schedule_release_Teams_HP_CP

Vikings schedule for the 2013 season. 3 Primetime games for the Vikings this year including 2 of them being at home.

The_Dude
04-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Beat me to it.

I was surprised by the 3 prime time games.

Since the wife & i own the 1st pick in her family's "season tickets draft", i'm pretty sure that we'll take the Thursday night Redskins game.

Which one game would you guys go see?

The Dynasty
04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Beat me to it.

I was surprised by the 3 prime time games.

Since the wife & i own the 1st pick in her family's "season tickets draft", i'm pretty sure that we'll take the Thursday night Redskins game.

Which one game would you guys go see?

I would choose that game as well unless you've never been to a Vikings vs. Packers game. For me I have only seen the Vikings play in Buffalo and Cleveland so that game would be game for me because of the history.

The_Dude
04-18-2013, 08:59 PM
I've been to 2 Vikes v Packers games. One on X-Mas eve about 8 years ago & the MNF Favre vs Pack game.... that was the most intense game i have ever been to. I stood the entire game, it was crazy.

The_Dude
04-18-2013, 09:34 PM

MN zoo is decent, but they also have concerts there & i hear that it is a great venue. If you are in town for it, the Basillica Block party is the main outdoor concert of the summer. As prock said, 1st Ave is a landmark (ever watch "Purple Rain"?)

Go check out Ft. Snelling, the Uptown/Lakes area in Mpls., or tour the Capitol in St. Paul. Also mentioned, the Como Zoo is decent.

If she really is outdoorsy, you could rent a canoe at one of the metro lakes or even find a fishing launch (Mille Lacs) for shits & giggles.

My favorite summer activity? Disc golfing. There are a number of good courses in the south metro.

vikes_28
04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
my girlfriend and I are going to go to the Lions/ vikings game on the 29th of december. Wanted to go to a packers game again this year, but sadly none of them are in december this year. Oh well. I was at the packers/ vikings game this last season and holy **** was it a great game to be at. The dome was going nuts everytime AD touched the ball.

marshallb
04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Vikings uniforms leaked (https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326769903178756096/photo/1/large)

I like them. Went with a similar look to the "throwbacks" they would wear once a season, which I always liked much better.

vikes_28
04-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Matte purple helmets. awesome.

Not a fan of the black facemask or the numbers. But overall I like them.

BlueBandit24
04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
I like that they were able to integrate some of the retro look with some modernization (looks like the numbers have that new age look). Pretty cool though, and a vast improvement from what we have seen the past two years.

vikes_28
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Vikings to re-sign Pat Williams for one day so he can retire with team (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_to_resign_Pat_Williams_for_one_day_so_he_c an_retire_with_team042313)

I knew I loved Pat Williams.

Vikes99ej
04-24-2013, 03:45 PM
We aren't going to end up with Cordarrelle Patterson, are we? :(

yo123
04-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Vikings uniforms leaked (https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/326769903178756096/photo/1/large)

I like them. Went with a similar look to the "throwbacks" they would wear once a season, which I always liked much better.

Love them. Shoulders are sick with the gold and white stripes.

The Dynasty
04-24-2013, 06:02 PM
We aren't going to end up with Cordarrelle Patterson, are we? :(

I don't think we will. He just doesn't seem like the type of player we would want. He has immaturity questions and is very raw. We want someone who can come right in and play for us. I really think we are gonna trade out of 25 and then take Robert Woods in the 2nd round.

The Dynasty
04-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Mike Mayock's mock draft came out and he had us taking Cordarrelle Patterson and Sylvester Williams.

Also in other news, Barry Sanders beat out Adrian Peterson in the Madden Cover vote.

FuzzyGopher
04-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Not really a big fan of Williams, the guy is already 24 and will turn 25 during the season.

Vikes99ej
04-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Not really a big fan of Williams, the guy is already 24 and will turn 25 during the season.

Just saw that, no thanks.

boknows34
04-25-2013, 02:57 AM
double post

boknows34
04-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Also in other news, Barry Sanders beat out Adrian Peterson in the Madden Cover vote.

I would've liked to have seen a dual cover with both players like they did with NCAA '13 with Barry and RG3. Sanders had won the 'Old School' bracket with Peterson winning the 'New School' category.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/9208257/barry-sanders-wins-madden-25-cover-vote-adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIqpx2RCUAEIkqu.jpg

Vikings4ever
04-25-2013, 11:37 AM

My first thought is to downgrade him, but if the coaching staff really thinks he'll be a success, I'm not going to argue. I'd rather get 10 years of Kevin Williams-like play than 15 years of Amobi Okoye-like play.

General Zod
04-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Im liking the new unis a lot.

vikes_28
04-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Hopefully they don't go with those all whites very often.... not a fan of the all whites at all.

The_Dude
04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Hopefully they don't go with those all whites very often.... not a fan of the all whites at all.

sounds funny coming from a racist....

:evil_laugh:

:sarcastic:

Vikings4ever
04-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Sharrif Floyd at 23.

I'm happy with the pick. Nice value at a position of need.

russie
04-25-2013, 10:03 PM
floyd and rhodes, i'm definitely digging it

FuzzyGopher
04-25-2013, 10:07 PM
We won the first round. I love it.

Taber21
04-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Couldn't be more pleased with who we took at each spot.

gpngc
04-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Pleasure doing business.

Taber21
04-25-2013, 10:20 PM
3 first round picks? Teo? Patterson?

The Dynasty
04-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes and Cordarrelle Patterson all in 1 day.... WOW. A lot to give up but im speechless. Wasn't expecting this. Positive note I dont have to worry about missing the vikings picks tomorrow while at work.

Vikings4ever
04-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Not happy with the trade, but Floyd/Rhodes/Patterson is a hell of a talent infusion.

russie
04-25-2013, 10:35 PM
3 players already, and 5 more picks to go. plus maybe a trade of gearhart. i'm digging this draft so far

J-Mike88
04-25-2013, 10:36 PM
HOLYSHIT BATMAN.... you guys hit the JACKPOT.
TRIFECTA...... dammit!

Congrats Grape Apes

Taber21
04-25-2013, 10:36 PM
They gave up a lot but you cannot question the haul of players they got. Can't wait for September. MLB is still a big hole but maybe they go FA to fill that spot.

Vikings4ever
04-25-2013, 10:38 PM
They gave up a lot but you cannot question the haul of players they got. Can't wait for September. MLB is still a big hole but maybe they go FA to fill that spot.

They should be talking to Karlos Dansby right now.

The Dynasty
04-25-2013, 10:38 PM

We still have a 4th round pick. We can easily get a MLB in the 4th round that can start I think.. What about a Nico Johnson of Bama. Only 1 MLB has been taken so far and thats Ogletree. Clearly they are gonna slide and some might slide to us in the 4th.

prock
04-25-2013, 10:41 PM
6 to midnight. I'm so happy. This has been the best draft day ever.

SuperPacker
04-25-2013, 10:42 PM
I really liked what you did today, but I would've loved it if you picked Geno. CP is great, but he isn't a QB.

Anyway, good job. I'm scared of the Vikings, lol.

The_Dude
04-25-2013, 10:47 PM
That was a sweet 1st round. 2 immediate impact guys in Floyd & Rhodes; & a solid "potential" guy in Patterson.

So happy.

The only downside is that we don't get to watch the Vikings draft tomorrow! :)

The Dynasty
04-25-2013, 10:53 PM
That was a sweet 1st round. 2 immediate impact guys in Floyd & Rhodes; & a solid "potential" guy in Patterson.

So happy.

The only downside is that we don't get to watch the Vikings draft tomorrow! :)

That downside is a positive for me.. Got to work a college baseball game and I was potentially going to miss parts of the 2nd round so now I dont have to worry as much.

Does Patterson wear 84?

the_legend_killer
04-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Wow, that first round is something. Gave up a lot to get back into Round 1, but I'd rather have them take Patterson than Te'o. Didn't think Floyd or Rhodes would be there for their other two picks. Good for you Rick Spielman.

russie
04-25-2013, 11:24 PM
kiko alonso, nico johnson, and jon bostic should all be there in the 4th round

singe_101
04-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Geno at 29 instead of Patterson. What would your reaction have been?

I forgot Floyd was the 4th best recruit in the country, 2010.

The Dynasty
04-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Geno at 29 instead of Patterson. What would your reaction have been?

I forgot Floyd was the 4th best recruit in the country, 2010.

I would have been pissed. But there was no way they would take a QB this early. They have a lot of trust in Ponder.

Also my reaction of tonight:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/woohoo-leo.gif

Dr. Gonzo
04-26-2013, 12:49 AM
That went better than expected. All of them have the potential to be difference makers.

The Dynasty
04-26-2013, 01:02 AM
That went better than expected. All of them have the potential to be difference makers.

That's for sure. I'll admit I haven't always been the biggest fan of Patterson. I've said before he scares me to death and its all based off of little college production and how they question his maturity and if he is capable to run routes but if he can come in and play similar to Percy where we just try to find ways to get the ball in his hands he should be able to make impact right away even on special teams. Can't wait til Round 4 to see where we go next. Just really glad we didn't give up next years first to get back into the 1st.

Dr. Gonzo
04-26-2013, 01:11 AM
That's for sure. I'll admit I haven't always been the biggest fan of Patterson. I've said before he scares me to death and its all based off of little college production and how they question his maturity and if he is capable to run routes but if he can come in and play similar to Percy where we just try to find ways to get the ball in his hands he should be able to make impact right away even on special teams. Can't wait til Round 4 to see where we go next. Just really glad we didn't give up next years first to get back into the 1st.

I have a feeling trading next years 1st for a second to grab Manti Te'o just may happen so we might not have to wait for round 4. I would prefer to hold on to the future first and sign Urlacher on the cheap to compete with Audie Cole.

The Dynasty
04-26-2013, 01:19 AM
I have a feeling trading next years 1st for a second to grab Manti Te'o just may happen so we might not have to wait for round 4. I would prefer to hold on to the future first and sign Urlacher on the cheap to compete with Audie Cole.

I don't see us doing anything tomorrow. I still feel there's a lot of talent that's going to be there in the 4th round for a MLB. We have had luck in the 4th round in the past under Spielman.

2012: Jarius Wright (118th Pick)
2011: Christian Ballard (106th Pick)
2010: Everson Griffen (100th Pick)
2009: No 4th round selection
2008: No 4th round selection
2007: Brian Robison (102nd Pick)

We pick at 120 in the 4th round.

Dr. Gonzo
04-26-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't see us doing anything tomorrow. I still feel there's a lot of talent that's going to be there in the 4th round for a MLB. We have had luck in the 4th round in the past under Spielman.

2012: Jarius Wright (118th Pick)
2011: Christian Ballard (106th Pick)
2010: Everson Griffen (100th Pick)
2009: No 4th round selection
2008: No 4th round selection
2007: Brian Robison (102nd Pick)

We pick at 120 in the 4th round.

I think the pick will be G or LB and there should be some good ones left by the time we pick.

vikes_28
04-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of the Vikings trading back into the first to pick a boom/ bust type of player? I think they gave up a lot in this deep of draft to pick him up. I would have rather waited to pick up Woods or Hunter. But I guess that is just me.

I should also note that I am extremely happy that Floyd fell to us. Can't wait to see what him and Rhodes can do for our Defense.

Dr. Gonzo
04-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of the Vikings trading back into the first to pick a boom/ bust type of player? I think they gave up a lot in this deep of draft to pick him up. I would have rather waited to pick up Woods or Hunter. But I guess that is just me.

I should also note that I am extremely happy that Floyd fell to us. Can't wait to see what him and Rhodes can do for our Defense.

You are not the only one who isn't a fan of the trade. I have read quite a bit how the Vikings gave up too much, I disagree. Patterson could very easily end up being the best WR from this draft. I love taking the risk. The staff must be confident they can coach him up and I say go for it. He will return kicks as well which fills that need. Guy is electric with the ball in his hands and I think playing next to Jennings and with teams fearing AD he will be a really nice player. With so many picks a trade up at some point was likely and when we traded into the first I thought we were giving up a high future pick so I am happy that isn't the case. Shows the Vikings are confident in Cole and the Guards because I think MLB or G would be the pick but regardless I think a starter at one of those positions can be had in the 4th and hell maybe even 5th.

The Dynasty
04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Vikings signed Lawrence Jackson today.

marshallb
04-26-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm so pumped at what Spielman and the rest were able to do last night. Floyd at 23 was an absolute steal. I thought 3 would have been early for him, but 23 is way, way too low for him. Another thing to keep in mind is a lot of GMs would have been tempted to move up for him if he was so high on their board and filled a huge need, but Spielman stayed patient and let him fall to them, allowing him to move up to 29.

I said last night that the two guys I wanted the most were Xavier Rhodes and Arthur Brown, but I never expected Floyd to fall anywhere close to 23. In every mock I did, he never made it past 14. I've loved Rhodes for a long time, and think he's a perfect fit opposite Cook giving the Vikes two huge corners to match up against the other big receivers they'll face twice a year in Megatron, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and Jordy Nelson.

I wasn't and am still not a huge fan of Patterson, and don't love the trade up, but the guy has all the potential in the world and just a month ago, he seemed a lock to be gone by 23, so I can't hate the pick. They'll likely have to keep it simple with him at the start, use him on returns, screens, end-arounds, etc. to get the ball into his hands and then work him into the offense as a typical receiver, but with an elite route runner like Jennings, they didn't necessarily need the guy they drafted to be great at that. I'm just glad they didn't give up all of that to draft Te'o like many were expecting. When I heard what they gave up and the speculation of Te'o, I immediately asked "what the hell are they going to do for a receiver now? Wait until the 4th or use a pick next year to move back up to get one?" So hearing Patterson's name announced was a weight off my shoulders.

The only downside as you guys pointed out is it will be a boring night from a Vikings fan perspective, but you won't be hearing any complaints from me on the first round choices.

All hail, Spielman!!!