PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Dr. Gonzo
11-06-2008, 12:29 AM
and mark my words...

DeAngelo Hall=Dallas Cowboys

bet on it.

Nah, I am thinking he ends up with the Pats.

giver17
11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
and mark my words...

bet on it.

oh no question

GB12
11-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Hall doesn't even fit our scheme whatsoever. The Tampa 2 needs good tacklers, not cover corners. It's why Smoot sucked here.
Wasn't he in a cover two with Atlanta?

ChezPower4
11-06-2008, 07:30 PM
and mark my words...

bet on it.

DeAngelo Hall + Cowboys=FAIL

The Dynasty
11-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Jared Allen was fined today for the hits on Schaub. He was fined 50K.

ChezPower4
11-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Jared Allen was fined today for the hits on Schaub. He was fined 50K.

How does Allen get fined for hitting Matt Schaub low? Bernard Pollard hit Tom Brady(Mr. NFL) low and injured him for the season and gets no fine, makes no sense. Also 50K is a bit steep for one hit. BOO GOODELL!!!

vikes_28
11-07-2008, 04:39 PM
you were all wrong...deangelo hall is a redskin now...

Dr. Gonzo
11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
If the Vikings lose to the Packers this Sunday Childress needs to be fired right after the game. I can accept losing seasons in the name of getting better but I will never accept getting swept but the fudgepackers.

ChezPower4
11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
If the Vikings lose to the Packers this Sunday Childress needs to be fired right after the game. I can accept losing seasons in the name of getting better but I will never accept getting swept but the fudgepackers.

I'd think you might be used to it..... It's happened the last two years now

giver17
11-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd think you might be used to it..... It's happened the last two years now

which is exactly why childress needs to go. this is obvious. luckily, we are perfect against you in the playoffs though, and without home field advantage mind you

General Zod
11-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Just a nugget of info..

Robert Furguson has cleaned out his locker and demanded a release.

In the meantime Derek Hagan who just got released from the fins is working out for the Vikes.

If they sign him I like the move. Ive seen Hagan make some real tough catches for the fins. He just couldnt stay on the field for some reason.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/34124954.html?page=1&c=y

the_legend_killer
11-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Fergy's got lost in the shuffle, I say just give him his release.

The Dynasty
11-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Well Adrian Peterson is the league leader in rushing yards. He has 206 Carries for 1,015 yards. He leads it by 20 yards but its a lead.

djp
11-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Just a nugget of info..

Robert Furguson has cleaned out his locker and demanded a release.

In the meantime Derek Hagan who just got released from the fins is working out for the Vikes.

If they sign him I like the move. Ive seen Hagan make some real tough catches for the fins. He just couldnt stay on the field for some reason.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/34124954.html?page=1&c=y

We already stupidly let Hank Baskett go, I'd be fine with this.

General Zod
11-09-2008, 11:03 PM
by the way ya'll...

Tyler Thigpen, anyone else paying attention whats going on in KC? He looked really good today.

FuzzyGopher
11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I mentioned this is the game day thread but... Is anyone else ecstatic about the way our defensive line has been playing lately? I think they are finally getting comfortable playing with each other and really applying some pressure. It seemed like every play someone was in Rodgers face or knocking him down, it was great.

The Dynasty
11-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah I was really impressed yesterday on how much they got to rodgers and effected him in the passing game. Did Ray Edwards even play though? I dont think i heard his name or saw him yesterday. Brian Robison should be a good guy to come off the bench he did well yesterday as well.

Gus Did play bad yesterday but We were up against the team that had the most Interceptions this year so i figured it he would throw atleast 2.

BuckNaked
11-10-2008, 03:01 PM
by the way ya'll...

Tyler Thigpen, anyone else paying attention whats going on in KC? He looked really good today.

To everyone who said I was crazy with my Thigpen love...**** off. Now look what we're stuck with, another Childress blunder.

Dr. Gonzo
11-10-2008, 03:03 PM
To everyone who said I was crazy with my Thigpen love...**** off. Now look what we're stuck with, another Childress blunder.

Thigpen + JDB = orgasm

DAMN YOU CHILDRESS!!!

BuckNaked
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Thigpen + JDB = orgasm

DAMN YOU CHILDRESS!!!

I actually hate JDB, and always have hated him. I was on the Andre Woodson bandwagon last year. This year, i'm leaning towards us wanting to make a run for McCoy.

Dr. Gonzo
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I actually hate JDB, and always have hated him. I was on the Andre Woodson bandwagon last year. This year, i'm leaning towards us wanting to make a run for McCoy.

I am a McCoy fan as well. I have been a huge Bradford fan all year and I think he is just what this team needs. Last year JDB was just my guy and I wanted him all last offseason. When he drafted him I was really ******* happy. He may be struggling so far but I have faith.

BuckNaked
11-11-2008, 12:45 AM
I am a McCoy fan as well. I have been a huge Bradford fan all year and I think he is just what this team needs. Last year JDB was just my guy and I wanted him all last offseason. When he drafted him I was really ******* happy. He may be struggling so far but I have faith.

I have more faith in Lance Armstrong's amputated second nut to produce semen then I have in JDB.

djp
11-11-2008, 12:23 PM

I forgot, Tyler Thigpen is a proven NFL quarterback now!

Do you think he's closer to Joe Montana or John Elway?

Maybe a little Dan Marino sprinkled in?

The Dynasty
11-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I just saw where Justin Miller from the Jets was cut. I also saw that the vikings put in a claim for a CB but the Saints got him. So we are looking for a CB to replace Gordon, I know Justin Miller is a pretty decent return man, I think he could help us in punt returning.

BuckNaked
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
I forgot, Tyler Thigpen is a proven NFL quarterback now!

Do you think he's closer to Joe Montana or John Elway?

Maybe a little Dan Marino sprinkled in?

I'd take a vegetable over Gus Frerotte at this point.

vikes_28
11-11-2008, 08:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c54b23

damn...chester taylor is worth so much. look at him accelerate! we could get a first rounder for him easy.

GB12
11-11-2008, 08:57 PM

damn...chester taylor is worth so much. look at him accelerate! we could get a first rounder for him easy.No you couldn't.

vikes_28
11-11-2008, 08:58 PM

chester taylor is worth more than a first rounder.

the_legend_killer
11-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Chester Taylor is worth keeping, not dealing.

vikes_28
11-11-2008, 09:02 PM
No you couldn't.

oh sad....still sorry for yourself for losing that game?

GB12
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM

chester taylor is worth more than a first rounder.
No he's not, and I'm sure most Vikings fans here would agree. If Minnesota traded him they'd get a high 3rd round value for him.

The Dynasty
11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah he isnt worth a 1st Rounder guys. He is somewhat old. He could easily start for most teams but he is not a top 10 back if he was starting so we wouldnt get a 1st. We might get a Late 2nd or 3rd for him but I dont want to lose him. He is a great asset to have to this team. He can return for you if needed, he is a great 3rd down back.

Teams that could use him: Bengals, Broncos, and Seahawks.

vikes_28
11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Chester Taylor is worth keeping, not dealing.

i didnt say i wanted to get rid of him. he's just so good and he's worth a lot. now we just need to find a way to utilize him a little bit more with adrian peterson.

FuzzyGopher
11-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Chester is a huge asset to this team. His versatility goes a long way and he is adding years to AD's career by taking some of the load off. The only way we could get a first for him would be if it was a conditional draft pick based off performance. But even then I doubt it because when RB's hit 28-29 nobody wants to touch them.

The Dynasty
11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Adam Schefter
Teams take quick action to land CB Miller

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Justin Miller, New York Jets

Former Jets cornerback Justin Miller, who was placed on waivers Tuesday, will not wind up with the New England Patriots on Wednesday, that much is certain.

Where Miller winds up is another question.

But at least one team with a worse record than New England — and presumably others, being that there have been multiple inquiries — has put in a waiver claim for Miller. At 4 p.m. ET, Miller is expected to find out where he will be going.

Any number of teams from Oakland to Cleveland to Minnesota to New Orleans could use cornerback help. Any one of those teams, if not all of them, could put in a waiver claim for Miller.

The answer comes later today

I hope we get him. He has potential to be good.

FuzzyGopher
11-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Raiders got Justin Miller, we also tried to get some guy from the Falcons but Detroit picked him up. Both those guys are good punt returners so it appears we are scrambling to fill that position. Can Allison really be that bad?

The Dynasty
11-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Allison seemed better than Gordon when he was returning on Sunday.

yo123
11-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I thought Allison did a good job returning during preseason, I think he's our best return guy anyway.

pete_norm
11-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Nice video on NFL.com breaking down AD's TD at end of the game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c6ff31

Best part of it is Ryan Cook completely missing his second block at 2:04. Good thing that AD is pretty fast and was already through the hole at that point.

The Dugan fake is nice too :)

Menardo75
11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Is there anyway that Cook is still starting at RT next year?

The Dynasty
11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Is there anyway that Cook is still starting at RT next year?

If Childress is the coach next year...Anything is a possibility

vikes_28
11-14-2008, 10:40 AM
If Childress is the coach next year...Anything is a possibility

so wait a second...do we want to miss the playoffs so childress gets fired or do we want to make the best run possible?

The Dynasty
11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
so wait a second...do we want to miss the playoffs so childress gets fired or do we want to make the best run possible?

If he can get us to the playoffs i can live another year with him i suppose.

Menardo75
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Be happy with the playoffs fellas trust me...what I would give for a playoff berth, or even to be in the hunt for once at this point in the season.

The Dynasty
11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
We are 5-5 as of right now..with 6 games to go. We face @ Jacksonville, Vs Chicago, @ Detroit, @ Arizona, Vs Atlanta, Vs New York. Im thinking we could end up 8-8 or 9-7. I say we beat Chicago, Detroit, and New York. Maybe the Jaguars or Atlanta.

I say we beat the giants because they are 9-1 already and i figure they will have clinched bye week by then.

General Zod
11-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Im sorry, I just cant pull for us to lose games. That may seem stupid to some, but I just never could.

djp
11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Im sorry, I just cant pull for us to lose games. That may seem stupid to some, but I just never could.

The only time I've rooted for us to lose games was the Culpepper torn ACL year. There was just nothing to play for anymore.

But, if I actually went to the game, obviously I rooted for us to win. That was a weird year.

I'd love for us to win out and make the playoffs and maybe win a game or 2. I wouldn't have any problem with that.

However, seriously, what is the point of going 7-9 or 8-8 and missing the playoffs by one game again?

In what could be the best draft since 2004, I'd love for us to have a top 10 pick.

Vikes99ej
11-17-2008, 04:00 PM
If we want the Vikings to be here past 2011, we better hope we finish at least over .500. The odds are already against to get something in the legislature passed in 2009, and they'll be even worse if fan interest is lacking.

GB12
11-17-2008, 06:34 PM
If we want the Vikings to be here past 2011, we better hope we finish at least over .500. The odds are already against to get something in the legislature passed in 2009, and they'll be even worse if fan interest is lacking.
What's going on with that anyway?

As much as I hate the Vikings I wouldn't want them to leave Minnesota. That'd kill a great rivalry. LA-Green Bay just wouldn't be the same.

The Dynasty
11-17-2008, 06:39 PM

As much as I hate the Vikings I wouldn't want them to leave Minnesota. That'd kill a great rivalry. LA-Green Bay just wouldn't be the same.

Yeah, LA vs Green Bay would just sound bad. Also LA Doesnt deserve a team and thats what really pisses me off. They already failed with 2 teams why should they get a third.

I never hear anything on the Stadium, The only paper i read in Minnesota is Star tribune and I havent seen anything since the season started.

the_legend_killer
11-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I can't do it, I can't root for a team to lose on purpose, even if a sure-fire, blue-chip impact player would be available.

The Dynasty
11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I can't do it, I can't root for a team to lose on purpose, even if a sure-fire, blue-chip impact player would be available.

Our needs are QB, CB, RT, DT, and TE...I dont know if there would be a top prospect there we could use other than Jenkins from Ohio State. You dont take a RT top 10. I dont want Tebow. TE in the top 10 hasnt shown much in the past( Davis, Winslow, Brady). So I say Root for the playoffs.

Vikes99ej
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM

Things aren't looking good.

yo123
11-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Our needs are QB, CB, RT, DT, and TE...I dont know if there would be a top prospect there we could use other than Jenkins from Ohio State. You dont take a RT top 10. I dont want Tebow. TE in the top 10 hasnt shown much in the past( Davis, Winslow, Brady). So I say Root for the playoffs.

Winslow is a top 5 TE in the league, if not higher.

DHVF
11-17-2008, 10:22 PM
* Prays for either Sam Bradford or Malcolm Jenkins.

vikes_28
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c93ff5&template=with-video&confirm=true

dont know if any of you have heard...but its our worst fear revisited. I've also heard that jared allen is going with the williams brothers to new york and could also face a four game suspension for his hits on matt schaub and aaron rodgers.

how ***...

ChezPower4
11-18-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c93ff5&template=with-video&confirm=true

dont know if any of you have heard...but its our worst fear revisited. I've also heard that jared allen is going with the williams brothers to new york and could also face a four game suspension for his hits on matt schaub and aaron rodgers.

how ***...

You just lost your key players on defense in one trip.

Dr. Gonzo
11-18-2008, 02:31 PM

how ***...

Jared Allen getting 4 would be the dumbest ******* thing Goodell has done yet.

Vikes99ej
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
If Jared Allen gets four games, I'm not watching the NFL again.

djp
11-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I heard the max he was going to get was one. And even that's not likely.

giver17
11-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Winslow is a top 5 TE in the league, if not higher.

sure when he is on the field, and not injured. And even though this is not effect his game play per say, he is a pretty bad distraction in the locker room.

djp
11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
RYAN COOK HAS BEEN BENCHED!!!! Hooray!

pete_norm
11-19-2008, 02:08 PM
2 good news in a row on Rotoworld:

He'll be replaced by Artis Hicks, who was serviceable in the first four games playing in place of then-suspended left tackle Bryant McKinnie. Cook, a second-round pick in 2006, will be in the last year of his contract in 2009.

and

This is terrific news for Minnesota's defense. Allen can't afford anymore low or helmet-to-helmet hits on QBs, however, as he'd likely be suspended for another penalty. He is slated to play through his shoulder injury in Week 12.

Vikes99ej
11-19-2008, 02:09 PM

Words can't express how much this move was needed. Hicks seems like a suitable right tackle. He did a fine job the first four games at left.

The Dynasty
11-19-2008, 03:05 PM
2 good news in a row on Rotoworld:

He'll be replaced by Artis Hicks, who was serviceable in the first four games playing in place of then-suspended left tackle Bryant McKinnie. Cook, a second-round pick in 2006, will be in the last year of his contract in 2009.

and

This is terrific news for Minnesota's defense. Allen can't afford anymore low or helmet-to-helmet hits on QBs, however, as he'd likely be suspended for another penalty. He is slated to play through his shoulder injury in Week 12.

Yessssss....I always wondered if Artis Hicks could play RT and I guess we find out today.

vikes_28
11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Yessssss....I always wondered if Artis Hicks could play RT and I guess we find out today.

amazing news! i think i just peed my pants jumping for joy. lol

yo123
11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
This is so awesome, I won't even be mad when the Timberwolves blow their lead tonight.

Eat **** Ryan Cook.

djp
11-19-2008, 09:05 PM
This is so awesome, I won't even be mad when the Timberwolves blow their lead tonight.

Eat **** Ryan Cook.

hahahahaha

General Zod
11-19-2008, 10:59 PM
First of all, Im a bit disappointed with the benching, because I just started this whole Ryan Cook penalty betting pool thing and now its out the window. Thats as far as that goes though! lol

Thank god!! I mean Hicks is nothing to do cartwheels over, but he is hands down an upgrade from Cook. I mean if anything the bonus of less penalties will help!!

And speaking of bad hands, :-)
Our former bust WR is running his mouth about Childress and the game this sunday(which of course he is hurt so he is not playing).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3713670

And im sorry, but Jared Allen cracks me up. I think that comment is sig worthy. :-)

Vikes99ej
11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
First of all, Im a bit disappointed with the benching, because I just started this whole Ryan Cook penalty betting pool thing and now its out the window. Thats as far as that goes though! lol

Thank god!! I mean Hicks is nothing to do cartwheels over, but he is hands down an upgrade from Cook. I mean if anything the bonus of less penalties will help!!

Our former bust WR is running his mouth about Childress and the game this sunday(which of course he is hurt so he is not playing).

And im sorry, but Jared Allen cracks me up. I think that comment is sig worthy. :-)

Pfffft, I only listen to what semi-relevant football players have to say.

ChezPower4
11-20-2008, 07:54 AM

your penalties per game will now be cut in half

the_legend_killer
11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
I don't like Childress, but this quote is pretty epic

"Do you need my reach? I'm not like a woman; I'll give you my weight,” Childress said. “It's 190 pounds of twisted steel and rompin', stompin' dynamite. Is that enough humor for you?”

http://min.scout.com/2/813574.html

The Dynasty
11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Im surprised that Childress even responded to that.

I dont know if anyone is in to collecting autographs from Players but I sent a letter to like 6 Viking players last year and so far Ive got 2 back(Marcus McCauley, and Chester Taylor) and I got my 3rd today and it was Kevin Williams. So Its been a good week...Cook got benched..Auto from Kevin Williams, and Childress responding to Williamson.

Vikes99ej
11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Im surprised that Childress even responded to that.

I dont know if anyone is in to collecting autographs from Players but I sent a letter to like 6 Viking players last year and so far Ive got 2 back(Marcus McCauley, and Chester Taylor) and I got my 3rd today and it was Kevin Williams. So Its been a good week...Cook got benched..Auto from Kevin Williams, and Childress responding to Williamson.

I'd say just go to training camp, but then I remembered you're way out there in no-man's land :)

yo123
11-20-2008, 04:50 PM

Hicks himself is nothing to do cartwheels over, but the difference between him and Cook is.

Honestly, how much of a difference has there been since McKinnie has come back to replace Hicks? Not a whole lot.

General Zod
11-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Hicks himself is nothing to do cartwheels over, but the difference between him and Cook is.

Honestly, how much of a difference has there been since McKinnie has come back to replace Hicks? Not a whole lot.

I'll agree with that. Although I think McKinnie is getting better as the season goes. I really wonder what our O-line is gonna look like next season. Who'll get resigned and such.

Vikes99ej
11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
God it was hilarious watching those Packers get ass raped tonight.

vikes_28
11-25-2008, 10:39 AM

you got that right. now we just need to win this sunday..

The Dynasty
11-25-2008, 03:09 PM

yeah it was enjoying but stressful...Stressful because i was winning in fantasy football and he had Rodgers and I won by 3 because he couldnt get a pass complete in the end....Now lets focus on Chicago...If we win this week we would be 7-5 and at top of the division. We need this one.

GB12
11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Making sure this doesn't get pruned

That won't happen.

1. You have it stickied

2. I don't think we even have pruning since we switched servers. Threads made from the first day of team forums are still around.

The Dynasty
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
I just saw that I predicted to be 6-5 at this time in the Predict our Season forum but i also predicted us to go 11-5...so i doubt that but Right now i say we could go 9-7.

Which also means that Childress would have improved the team every year he would have been here...going 6-10 to 8-8 to 9-7...

GB12
11-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Which means you're stuck with him for at least two more years.

The Dynasty
11-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Which means you're stuck with him for at least two more years.

Yeah...well if we go 9-7 and Miss playoffs, he could still get the boot.

Dr. Gonzo
11-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah...well if we go 9-7 and Miss playoffs, he could still get the boot.

We can all dream.

pete_norm
11-26-2008, 07:23 AM
From Rotoworld

McNabb's cap number is over $10 million, but the Eagles smartly pro-rated the money to make a trade viable. Schefter added that franchises such as the Bears and Vikings held off on quarterback improvements in 2008 because they knew McNabb would be a realistic trade target in 2009. Summing up, Schefter declared, "Clearly a divorce is coming." The QB-needy Vikes would be a great fit for next season, but the Bears would also be an attractive landing spot for the Chicago native.

I don't think i would be happy to get McNabb. he seems pretty old and washed up on the field lately. It's possible with the Childress link, but who know if Chilly will still be around next year. I think there will be better alternative available.

However i think it's pretty stupid to say that the Vikes and Bears didn't go after a qb in the last years because they knew McNabb might become available. Some days, i wonder how those "journalists" can still have a job, spouting nonsense like that day after day. It's like saying that the Viking volontarily drafted busts at DE because they knew that they would be able to trade for Jared Allen some day. Anyone that follow the NFL a bit know that it's not how it works. I'm a bit dissapointed in Scheffter for this kind of comments.

giver17
11-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't think i would be happy to get McNabb. he seems pretty old and washed up on the field lately. It's possible with the Childress link, but who know if Chilly will still be around next year. I think there will be better alternative available.

I don't think I would be against getting McNabb. I mean you know he can produce, and he has not really had a lot of options to throw to beside TO in the last few years. I think he could play great in the right situation. I mean look at Kurt Warner. He was dropped from th rams and everyone though he was done, and now he is in the running for a possible MVP at 37. McNabb is only 32 by the way.

bearsfan_51
11-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Why the hell would we trade for McNabb? Orton is arguably the better quarterback, and for about 1/10th the price.

russie
11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Why the hell would we trade for McNabb? Orton is arguably the better quarterback, and for about 1/10th the price.

you are obviously ******* high

Dr. Gonzo
11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Ortonz or Thigpenz?

bearsfan_51
11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
you are obviously ******* high

Almost any way you slice it, Orton is having a better year than Donovan. He's 26, doesn't have a history of injuries, doesn't have an attitude problem, and is already under contract. It would be a regression in almost every sense of the word to go from Orton to McNabb. The dude hasn't thrown an interception since September. And his receivers suck.

Or maybe you missed that when we put up 48 on the Vikings.

Bruce Banner
11-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Orton is legit. I can only imagine how good he would be in a real offense. :p

Don't mind me, Gruden runs my team's offense.

giver17
11-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Almost any way you slice it, Orton is having a better year than Donovan. He's 26, doesn't have a history of injuries, doesn't have an attitude problem, and is already under contract. It would be a regression in almost every sense of the word to go from Orton to McNabb. The dude hasn't thrown an interception since September. And his receivers suck.

while he was efficient, his numbers that game weren't jaw dropping. 2 TDs and under 300 passing yards. Not saying it wasn't good, but that was one of his best games. I mean he is averaging 200 yds and 1.1 tds a game.... is that supposed to make me pop a boner or something? come on, Orton is not that great. Plus, thank the vikings horrible special teams for your win, not your amazing offense.

anyways, if you want to talk about McNabb in the windy city, I believe there is a different thread for that, and it is titled "the Chicago Bears Team Forum". look it up an save us the time.

bearsfan_51
11-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Save you the time of what? Nobody is making, or even asking you to respond.

ChezPower4
11-29-2008, 11:54 PM
From Rotoworld

McNabb's cap number is over $10 million, but the Eagles smartly pro-rated the money to make a trade viable. Schefter added that franchises such as the Bears and Vikings held off on quarterback improvements in 2008 because they knew McNabb would be a realistic trade target in 2009. Summing up, Schefter declared, "Clearly a divorce is coming." The QB-needy Vikes would be a great fit for next season, but the Bears would also be an attractive landing spot for the Chicago native.

What would that better alternative be? I'd sure like to know cuz no one you currently have is even close to the player that McNabb is.

Vikes99ej
11-30-2008, 12:18 AM

Are we talking about the Vikings special teams disaster game? C'mon BF, you're better than that.

yo123
11-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah the 48 points was kind of a fluke, but I don't think it's a stretch at all to say Orton has been better this year. He's a quality QB imo.

djp
11-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Game thread is up. Move the talk there boys.

vikes_28
12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
AD is going to run all over the lions defense this weekend.

The Dynasty
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
AD is going to run all over the lions defense this weekend.

Let's Hope, I have him in fantasy football and its first week of playoffs.

FuzzyGopher
12-01-2008, 03:02 PM
I would like to take the time to tell Ray Edwards to retire from football and go live in the mountains somewhere. You suck, your penalties hurt us, and in 3 years you don't even have half the sacks it would take to break the single season record. Please die, that is all.

Signed,
Your number one fan!

vikes_28
12-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I would like to take the time to tell Ray Edwards to retire from football and go live in the mountains somewhere. You suck, your penalties hurt us, and in 3 years you don't even have half the sacks it would take to break the single season record. Please die, that is all.

Signed,
Your number one fan!

really? two offsides penalties cause he was trying to get a jump on the ball? although yes...the sack record thing is a little dumb.

who needs ray edwards when you got jared allen? THE BEAST

General Zod
12-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Im going on record by saying that this Lions game this weekend scares me to death.

the_legend_killer
12-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Im going on record by saying that this Lions game this weekend scares me to death.

QFT. Us coming off a big primetime win against a team coming off being defeated handedly at home to a national audience with nothing to lose, in Daunte's first game against Minnesota since he left. I too, am very very very worried.

BcLion
12-02-2008, 09:21 AM

Only thing I would be scared of if I were you is injurys to key starters. Therefor I'd play every backup you have on the team and still will be looking at a Blowout win.

giver17
12-02-2008, 09:38 AM
QFT. Us coming off a big primetime win against a team coming off being defeated handedly at home to a national audience with nothing to lose, in Daunte's first game against Minnesota since he left. I too, am very very very worried.

Daunte played against MN last year when he was with Oakland, and we handed it to them fairly well

vikes_28
12-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Only thing I would be scared of if I were you is injurys to key starters. Therefor I'd play every backup you have on the team and still will be looking at a Blowout win.

you have a lack of confidence...

Gay Ork Wang
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Childress is a better play caller then Ron Turner.

That is all

the_legend_killer
12-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Daunte played against MN last year when he was with Oakland, and we handed it to them fairly well

Ahh, sorry, forgot about that. But still, the game worries me.

The Dynasty
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Williamses suspended
December 2nd, 2008 – 4:12 PM by Judd Zulgad

The four-game suspensions for Vikings defensive tackles Pat and Kevin Williams have been upheld.

The NFL will make the announcement at 4:30 p.m.

The two Pro Bowl players would miss the final four games of the Vikings’ regular season. Last weekend, Fox Sports reported the players were prepared to file a lawsuit to get an injunction to keep playing.

There has been no official word from the Vikings yet. We’ll keep you updated as we learn the details.

Wellll..That sucks.

giver17
12-02-2008, 04:40 PM
with the williams' out, we could be in a lot of trouble... at least if we get into the playoffs we will have them back, but it is really going to take a toll on us.

The_Dude
12-02-2008, 05:15 PM
****!!!!!!

This can only help the Lions in their quest for their first win....

Although the effects of this will probably be greater than just an embarrassing loss to the Lions... looking at Turner & Jacobs/Ward/Marshall coming up soon as well.

the_legend_killer
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, it sucks. Gotta just hope whoever steps in (Evans and Guion?) can do halfway decent.

yo123
12-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it sucks. Gotta just hope whoever steps in (Evans and Guion?) can do halfway decent.

I'm sure it will be Evans and Grigsby.

The Dynasty
12-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Legal action expected
December 2nd, 2008 – 8:50 PM by Judd Zulgad

The situation involving Vikings defensive tackles Pat and Kevin Williams, along with the four other players suspended today by the NFL for violating the league’s steroid policy, isn’t over. According to a people with knowledge of the situation, all six will apply for an injunction in U.S. District Court on Wednesday. This action has been expected since news first broke that a group of players faced four-game bans for using a diuretic that can serve as a masking agent for steroids.

This process could move quickly. The Williamses’ request for a preliminary injunction could go before a judge as early as Wednesday afternoon, and a decision could be made in the same day, according to Rick Ross, an employment and labor attorney for Fredrickson and Byron of Minneapolis.

But Ross went on to say that it’s “generally an uphill battle” for employees to gain a preliminary injunction in the federal courts. The primary standard, he said, is that employees have to show irreparable harm, which is difficult.

Other players suspended today included New Orleans’ Charles Grant, Deuce McAllister and Will Smith and Houston’s Bryan Pittman.

PAT WILLIAMS’ AGENT PROMISES A LAWSUIT
Posted by Mike Florio on December 2, 2008, 7:16 p.m. EST

Agent Angelo Wright, who represents Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams, said on Tuesday that a federal lawsuit will be filed on Wednesday, aimed at preventing the NFL from imposing a four-game suspension.

“I believe that we’ll be able to offset this,” Wright said, according to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. ” I continue to maintain that he will play football.

“Though the tenets of the program are of strict liability, the league is supposed to act in conjunction with the players association, to communicate what products are acceptable and which are not,” Wright said. “In this case, they’ve acknowledged that they withheld information from the players.

“I would feel more comfortable with the process, if there was an independent body governing over these cases,” Wright added. “But this current set up is reminiscent of the British court, when they wore white wigs and proved to be your judge and your jury.”

Pretty Interesting...I would guess, if they win the ruling they wouldnt be suspended? and if they lose the ruling they would be still suspended..really dont know.

vikes_28
12-02-2008, 10:25 PM
i swear. in my 17 years of living this has got to be the most outragous ******** to have ever happend in the nfl.

vikes_28
12-02-2008, 11:13 PM
i hate to be the ass hole here. but i really dont think that the we are going to be in the playoffs this year.

in light of that. another average season. another mid first round draft pick. We have four games left and three of them are going to be tough. especially without the williams brothers.

turner and jacobs both scare me, and now we dont have our dominent force to knock them down.

i had high hopes coming into this year. they were down early then they were lifted up. now they are down again. lovely...

The Dynasty
12-02-2008, 11:20 PM
i hate to be the ass hole here. but i really dont think that the we are going to be in the playoffs this year.

in light of that. another average season. another mid first round draft pick. We have four games left and three of them are going to be tough. especially without the williams brothers.

turner and jacobs both scare me, and now we dont have our dominent force to knock them down.

i had high hopes coming into this year. they were down early then they were lifted up. now they are down again. lovely...

Welcome to being a Vikings fan :) Its a tough road to be on. I think we are all thinking that we wont make the playoffs now but hey we have 1 game lead still so we just need to believing in the team. It could be worse that's all. If we do miss the playoffs by a game it just shows how much we can do when without a good stable QB. But since we finally are leading the division for the first time i think under Childress i really doubt he gets fired.

BcLion
12-03-2008, 06:08 AM
you have a lack of confidence...

Lmao, No I am very confident. What I lack is a team with any resemblence of a D, and Oline.

vikes_28
12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Let me just say...

When the Vikings have a problem we seem to pull it together even more. Remeber the Love boat incident? We sucked before that, then we pulled it together and had a halfway decent season.

Although I am not doubting that we will suck the last four games of the season. A lot of other times when this stuff happens, we piss down our legs and walk off the field with our tails between our legs.

I guess that is the life a Viking fan, according to Dynasty. I agree by the way.

If we don't make the playoffs then here is my offseason plan:

-Pick up Donavan McNabb
-Pick up TJ Housmanzada
-Fire Childress
-Draft a RT in April
-Find a future star to replace fat Pat for when he retires
-And please...get a new gosh darn stadium.

djp
12-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Let me just say...

When the Vikings have a problem we seem to pull it together even more. Remeber the Love boat incident? We sucked before that, then we pulled it together and had a halfway decent season.

Although I am not doubting that we will suck the last four games of the season. A lot of other times when this stuff happens, we piss down our legs and walk off the field with our tails between our legs.

I guess that is the life a Viking fan, according to Dynasty. I agree by the way.

-Pick up Donavan McNabb
-Pick up TJ Housmanzada
-Fire Childress
-Draft a RT in April

I don't see the problem with the Metrodome for football. Once the Twins leave they can renovate it as they please. The Wilf's can buy it for pennies on the dollar once the lease runs out in 2011 and then it will be all profit. Take a year and play at the Gopher stadium and put in a bunch more luxury boxes and re-do the bathrooms.

Most fans don't even want an outdoor stadium anyways. I know I sure as hell woulda been freezing my nips off if Sunday's game were not under the roof.

ChezPower4
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Let me just say...

-Pick up Donavan McNabb
-Pick up TJ Housmanzada
-Fire Childress
-Draft a RT in April

Come on.... you guys don't like this guy? Why would you fire him.... :D

The Dynasty
12-03-2008, 03:32 PM

He's loved as much as Derrick Frost was loved in Green Bay.

vikes_28
12-03-2008, 03:55 PM

Cause he's an idiot and sucks at playcalling. Three years with the Vikings and we haven't made the playoffs yet.

Nice sarcasm though :)

vikes_28
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Just a little bit of info...we signed Jimmy Kennedy

http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_signkennedy120308.aspx

Gay Ork Wang
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Cause he's an idiot and sucks at playcalling. Three years with the Vikings and we haven't made the playoffs yet.

Nice sarcasm though :)
To be fair: it was close

vikes_28
12-03-2008, 05:54 PM
To be fair: it was close

mhm. not close enough...

d34ng3l021
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
A Minnesota judge has blocked the NFL's suspension of Vikings stars Kevin and Pat Williams for violating the league's anti-doping policy but the players' status for Sunday's game at Detroit remained uncertain.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11150240

So apparently the judge blocked it, but the NFL lawyers can reinstate it? This is confusing. As long as they are gone for the Falcons game. Otherwise, I see that game as a L for us, unless Matt Ryan carries the team on his shoulder (which is entirely possible ;)) and leads us to a W on the road in a noisy dome.

the_legend_killer
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Just a little bit of info...we signed Jimmy Kennedy

http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_signkennedy120308.aspx

......Kennedy! Seriously, umm.....he's fat I guess. Maybe he can clog some holes.

The Dynasty
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I would love to see us Sign Ed Johnson but with the problem of marijuana, I really doubt it. I just figure he plays for the colts and that's were Leslie Frazier use to coach so i figure the scheme couldn't be that far off.

I always sign him on Madden but please i dont need to tell me this isn't Madden.

giver17
12-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I would love to see us Sign Ed Johnson but with the problem of marijuana, I really doubt it. I just figure he plays for the colts and that's were Leslie Frazier use to coach so i figure the scheme couldn't be that far off.

I always sign him on Madden but please i dont need to tell me this isn't Madden.

come on dynasty, this isn't madden ;)

vikes_28
12-04-2008, 01:16 PM
come on dynasty, this isn't madden ;)

i hate john madden.

i hate his voice.

i hate how incredibily fat he is.

General Zod
12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
heh...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11149961

BuckNaked
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
heh...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11149961

**** you Childress

vikes_28
12-04-2008, 10:20 PM
piss. piss on a damn stick. i hate you childress.

rchrd
12-05-2008, 04:47 AM
lol, the only shame is that it's taken this long for people to realise what we knew here since that draft. Thigpen is the truth.

pete_norm
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
From

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80d0fc6c&template=without-video&confirm=true

It seems the federal judge blocked the NFL from suspending the Williams Wall until he had more time to consider the case. They'll most likely play this weekend.

bearsfan_51
12-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Good. Waste a game against the Lions. As a Bears fan I hope they delay the suspension till next year. You guys can have the division this year, we'd get killed in the playoffs anyway.

d34ng3l021
12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Damn. I hope they get suspended before the Falcons game.

Vikes99ej
12-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Damn. I hope they get suspended before the Falcons game.

Does it matter? You won't be able to stop the sheer ultimate-ness of Guss Frerotte anyways.

d34ng3l021
12-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Does it matter? You won't be able to stop the sheer ultimate-ness of Guss Frerotte anyways.

He is truly the one offensive player I am scared of on the Vikings.

The Dynasty
12-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I just read that Jared Allen was fined once again for celebration this time, for doing a CPR to the ball in the endzone after sacking Orton.

So therefore he has paid $90,000 in fines this year.

yo123
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I just read that Jared Allen was fined once again for celebration this time, for doing a CPR to the ball in the endzone after sacking Orton.

Haha I love it. He doesn't care at all.

The NFL is an embarassment.

The Dynasty
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Haha I love it. He doesn't care at all.

The NFL is an embarassment.

Yeah, everytime he gets fined it just reminds me of Randy Moss' Quote "Straight Cash Homey" it just makes me laugh.

bearsfan_51
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM

I remember thinking why that wasn't a penalty. I'm still wondering.

The Dynasty
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I remember thinking why that wasn't a penalty. I'm still wondering.

I guess it makes up for the Flop...I admit that was all acting but it should have been called anyways.

djp
12-05-2008, 05:10 PM
72 million dollar contract.. I don't think Allen minds $90,000.

That CPR thing was RIGHT in front of me too. Twas hilarious.

I don't know how I feel about them being suspended the first 4 games of next year. Part of me just wants us to get into the playoffs and try to make a run. The other part wants me to have them to start the season next year.

Let's just make the run this year. The NFC outside of the Giants looks to be ripe for the picking.

giver17
12-05-2008, 05:32 PM
72 million dollar contract.. I don't think Allen minds $90,000.

That CPR thing was RIGHT in front of me too. Twas hilarious.

I don't know how I feel about them being suspended the first 4 games of next year. Part of me just wants us to get into the playoffs and try to make a run. The other part wants me to have them to start the season next year.

Let's just make the run this year. The NFC outside of the Giants looks to be ripe for the picking.

I couldn't agree more

djp
12-05-2008, 05:58 PM
So, I just had a long butt convo with my boss, who was a judge at Hennepin County for 20+ yrs, and is actually still good friends with the judge who issued the restraining order yesterday against the NFL and found out some interesting things.

-the restraining order is issued on 2 merits in civil court; 1) is there irreprable (don't feel like looking it up on spelling) harm to the plantiff at this time and 2) what is the balance of harm between the 2 parties for both the issuing of it vs. not issuing it. Because the NFL does not become harmed from simply delaying the possible suspension, but because there is irreprable harm created to the team and the two players by the imposing of the suspension, the restraining order can be issued.

Now, the order itself has no effect on whether or not the suspensions actually occur. It simply means that the harm that would come to the players and the team outweighs any harm that would occur to the NFL by not carrying out the suspension at this time. It is a civil restraining order, and has no similarities at all to a criminal one, obviously. And, it ain't going away any time soon either.

-They filed in in district court because it is much faster to do it locally then to file right away at the federal level. She was telling me that she herself would get restraining orders and civil injunctions on a daily basis for legal battles that clearly needed to be in federal court, but they were issued locally first so the harmful act could be delayed right away, whereas if you went to federal court, you may have to wait weeks before you could even get the injunction to stop the act that you are filing against.

-It will go to federal court, but it is open as to which federal court it will go to because of shared jurisdictions. Also, a federal judge is going to be less likely to rule in the players' favor than a local judge as a local judge has to deal with re-election, and it wouldn't always be a good thing to rule against your local players (unless the locals actually want the players to be punished). A federal judge is on there for life and doesn't have to worry about issues such as local opinions.

-Last, they actually have a very solid legal argument. Basically, they simply need to show that their example is not the typical example of what the league's policy was aimed towards (knowingly taking an illegal substance and knowing of the consequences) and that they are not as fully culpable as what the policy envisioned one would be. Because of that, it easily could be sent from the federal court to arbitration hearings, where a judge could help to mediate the sides, or, the federal judge could either shoot down the punsihment and tell the NFL to change the punishment, or the judge could say that punishment "x" is more appropriate and say that the NFL should implement "x" instead.

Either way, it is going to an an interesting legal battle and it is not going to be done anytime soon. Federal court is heavilly backed up with criminal cases because of a rule they have regarding speedy trials that are criminal, so their civil cases end up getting back logged. So, this easily, after being transferred to federal court, likely will not be solved until after the playoffs. No joke. That would mean even if they get suspended, the legal minds here are seeing as it wouldn't be until next season.

Some interesting info here.

Looks like this is going to be dragged out until next year.

The Dynasty
12-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I wouldnt really mind if they were suspended next year for the first 4 games. Reason why is because we would have all off season to get ready for it, by getting back up DT's that can fill there spots. Childress really needs to draft a DT in the 2nd or 3rd round for a back up.

FuzzyGopher
12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Jared Allen CPR on a Football= $10,000
Benny Sapp Punches Player in face- $5,000
Adewale Ogunleye Very late hit on QB= $0

Folks, it's better to be violent in the NFL. However violence on a NFL football will not be tolerated.

bearsfan_51
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Jared Allen CPR on a Football= $10,000
Benny Sapp Punches Player in face- $5,000
Adewale Ogunleye Very late hit on QB= $0

Folks, it's better to be violent in the NFL. However violence on a NFL football will not be tolerated.
Watch the video, that was such a ridiculously obvious flop. If you are actually insinuating that the league doesn't protect the quarterback enough you're out of your ******* mind.

vikes_28
12-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Watch the video, that was such a ridiculously obvious flop. If you are actually insinuating that the league doesn't protect the quarterback enough you're out of your ******* mind.

don't be jealous that gus frerotte is a better actor than kyle orton. or that the whole vikings team is better as a unit for that matter...:)

FuzzyGopher
12-07-2008, 03:38 PM

I'm not saying that at all. It was a cheap shot on Frerotte, it may not have been violent but he was still shoved well after the play ended. I was just pointing out how inconsistent the fines can be.

Vikes99ej
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Most important Vikings story of the day:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/07/frontal-nudity-on-fox/

russie
12-07-2008, 09:01 PM

there was a picture of it on deadspin earlier, dont know if or how long it wil be up. it's fairly obvious too, dont know if fox didnt see it or if they werent using a tape delay or what.

my question is, why does it look like chilly is taking a good look at it?

GB12
12-07-2008, 09:14 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/12/censored_shiancoe_dong.jpg

Definitely looking.

vikes_28
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
great. we have a guy who checks out his players and is a complete idiot for a coach. great choice Zigyi

vikes_28
12-07-2008, 10:05 PM

well if you consider that it was only the lions that we beat then yes...yes in fact it is. lol

vikes_28
12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
If the vikings win on sunday and the bears lose on thursday we get the nfc north title.

just a bit of info if you didnt know.

Think we will win it this week?

bearsfan_51
12-09-2008, 02:12 PM
If the vikings win on sunday and the bears lose on thursday we get the nfc north title.

Saints won't win in Chicago. They're scared of snow. The toughest game we have left is @Houston. It wouldn't suprise me to see it come down to that game and the Bears lose.

Gay Ork Wang
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Bears need to win 2 more than the vikes. so either the bears finish 3-0 in the last three games and the Vikes 1-2 or 2-1 bears 0-3 vikes

The_Dude
12-09-2008, 02:27 PM
LIONS CUT BRIAN KELLY
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2008, 3:10 p.m. EST
A major part of the Lions’ plan for building their roster was to stock the defense with former Buccaneers who had worked with head coach Rod Marinelli.

In a move that symbolizes just how badly that plan has failed, the Lions have released one of those players today.

John Clayton of ESPN reports that the Lions have terminated the three-year, $8.5 million contract of cornerback Brian Kelly. An 11-year veteran, Kelly played his first 10 seasons with the Bucs before signing that free agent contract with the Lions before the 2008 season.

Kelly started 11 games for the Lions this season, but he was a healthy scratch on Sunday against the Vikings, as the Lions are increasingly giving playing time to younger players. Kelly comes out of this OK; he keeps his $3.25 million signing bonus and the last three paychecks from his $1.25 million base salary were guaranteed because he’s a vested veteran.

Per Clayton, Kelly will now look to sign with a playoff team.

I don't know about you guys, but i think that i would be a bit more confident with him than Cedric.... Not a lot better, but an upgrade at least.

The Dynasty
12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
The Vikings game vs the Falcons has been changed to a 4:15 eastern time game instead of 1.

General Zod
12-10-2008, 07:12 AM
LIONS CUT BRIAN KELLY
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2008, 3:10 p.m. EST
A major part of the Lions’ plan for building their roster was to stock the defense with former Buccaneers who had worked with head coach Rod Marinelli.

In a move that symbolizes just how badly that plan has failed, the Lions have released one of those players today.

John Clayton of ESPN reports that the Lions have terminated the three-year, $8.5 million contract of cornerback Brian Kelly. An 11-year veteran, Kelly played his first 10 seasons with the Bucs before signing that free agent contract with the Lions before the 2008 season.

Kelly started 11 games for the Lions this season, but he was a healthy scratch on Sunday against the Vikings, as the Lions are increasingly giving playing time to younger players. Kelly comes out of this OK; he keeps his $3.25 million signing bonus and the last three paychecks from his $1.25 million base salary were guaranteed because he’s a vested veteran.

Per Clayton, Kelly will now look to sign with a playoff team.

I don't know about you guys, but i think that i would be a bit more confident with him than Cedric.... Not a lot better, but an upgrade at least.

I havent heard any rumors of us going after him, but I do agree with you. His signing if anything would give us some kind of an experienced player at nickel back, if its him or Cedric.

vikes_28
12-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I havent heard any rumors of us going after him, but I do agree with you. His signing if anything would give us some kind of an experienced player at nickel back, if its him or Cedric.

I like Benny Sapp at the nickelback. He may get out of control sometimes. But with proper discipline and some conditioning every time he ***** up he should be pretty good and a respectable nickelback in the NFL.

But I do agree. He would be better than Griffin.

yo123
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
T-Jack expected to start.

Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson is expected to start for the Vikings on Sunday at Arizona, although team officials are believed to be holding out hope that Gus Frerotte will be able to play. According to people with knowledge of the situation, the reality is that Frerotte will miss a week or two because of a fracture in his lower back.

Running back Chester Taylor told WCCO television today that Jackson would be the Vikings’ starting quarterback on Sunday, his first start since Sept. 14 when the Vikings lost to Indianapolis to drop to 0-2 on the season. If Frerotte is sidelined for two weeks that means the earliest he would not return to the starting role would be the regular-season finale against the New York Giants at the Metrodome.

The Vikings could be in position to clinch the NFC North on Sunday, if Chicago losses to New Orleans on Thursday night. The Vikings would then need to beat the Cardinals to capture the division.

General Zod
12-10-2008, 11:01 PM
T-Jack expected to start.

I dont think its going to matter anyways. Kurt Warner is probably gonna put up 500 yds against our pass defense. :-(

TitleTown088
12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Good. Waste a game against the Lions. As a Bears fan I hope they delay the suspension till next year. You guys can have the division this year, we'd get killed in the playoffs anyway.

Exactly my sentiments. Hopefully the later pick position will keep the vikings away from a decent QB too.

djp
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
If Childress goes, who's the best option to replace him?

My list...

1) Bill Cowher - A proven veteran coach who knows how to handle an older team. I like him a lot and think he'd be a great fit here.

2) Raheem Morris - Cover 2 in his blood, a young, fiery coach who is a rising star. Reminds me a lot of Harbaugh in Baltimore. He'll be a head coach within the next 2 years. I would love to jump on him. Only problem is, we'd need a new offensive coordinator since Chilly/Bevell call the plays.

3) Steve Spagnuolo - He doesn't really fit our defense all that well and again, we'd need a new offensive coordinator.

The Dynasty
12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/11/starcaps-case-wont-be-resolved-until-after-playoffs/

We have the williams Wall till the end of the playoffs the report is.

giver17
12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/11/starcaps-case-wont-be-resolved-until-after-playoffs/

We have the williams Wall till the end of the playoffs the report is.

very nice news

Vikes99ej
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
That made my Christmas. :) :) :)

Vikes99ej
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Okay, what is everyone's opinion on Childress now?

djp
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Okay, what is everyone's opinion on Childress now?

I think he still has a long ways to go as a coach and I think he needs to be gone by next season if we want to make a true run.

However, he has made progress in terms of gameday situations and playcalling.

The Dynasty
12-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Pat Williams out 2-6 weeks
December 15th, 2008 – 2:37 PM by Judd Zulgad

The word on Pat Williams is not good for the Vikings.

The Pro Bowl nose tackle has a broken right scapula. Coach Brad Childress said that means Williams will be out from two to six weeks.

The scapula connects the arm bone (humerus) with the collarbone (clavicle), according to extensive internet research.

Williams suffered the injury in the third quarter of yesterday’s win at Arizona. He was playing under a court order that delayed the NFL’s four-game suspension, but now it appears he will at least miss the final two games of the regular season.

Well at least we still have Kevin Williams....

djp
12-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Well at least we still have Kevin Williams....

Sounds like Pat will be be back for the playoffs.

vikes_28
12-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Sounds like Pat will be be back for the playoffs.

well...this is good news. i know arizona's rush offense pretty much blows, but i thought that the vikings did a good job filling in.

d34ng3l021
12-15-2008, 05:00 PM
The Falcon playoff hopes are basically on the line in this game. It has gotten considerably easier with Pat Williams being out, but our team has struggled away.

The Dynasty
12-15-2008, 05:07 PM
The Falcon playoff hopes are basically on the line in this game. It has gotten considerably easier with Pat Williams being out, but our team has struggled away.

The game with the falcons the most thing i worry about is containing Roddy White and making sure Ryan cant get to him. Ryan's Favorite target is with out a doubt Roddy White and if we shut him down they will have to run turner and Im not to worried about Turner. Also pressure Ryan to make mistakes.

BuckNaked
12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Tarvaris Jackson is starting Sunday, everything is gonna be alright.

russie
12-15-2008, 08:37 PM
The game with the falcons the most thing i worry about is containing Roddy White and making sure Ryan cant get to him. Ryan's Favorite target is with out a doubt Roddy White and if we shut him down they will have to run turner and Im not to worried about Turner. Also pressure Ryan to make mistakes.
i'm not too worried about roddy white. if the vikes can keep receivers like fitzgerald and boldin out of the endzone, i'm not too worried about someone that isnt even on the same level as them....

as long as they can pressure the qb like they did against 'zona

i'm more worried about them keeping michael turner(yes i'm a big fan, yes i live 5 minutes from NIU) in check with pat williams out

d34ng3l021
12-15-2008, 11:16 PM

Ryan's completion percentage against blitzes is like 62%. He is extremely efficient at recognizing the blitz and getting the ball out of his hands. I think disguising coverages would be the best thing against Ryan. Most of his mistakes come from when he tries to make something happen, and its not available. Forcing Ryan to do that would be your best shot. Roddy will get his share of plays and touches though I think. He has been a very consistent guy, with 6 or 7 100 yard games and bad games that usually consist of 50-60 yards.

And I would be worried about Turner this late in the season. Defenses are tired and its going to show when trying to tackle Turner. Turner looked the best against TB since the Detroit game. He does have a huge load of carries though.

I am worried about Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson. If we stack the box and force T Jack to beat us, I think we can win (if our 8-9 men in the box can stop Adrian Peterson).

djp
12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I think the Falcons have to be more worried about Turner... he's never carried this many times in a season and I really think we are going to see more Norwood on Sunday than usual due to this..

It will be a great game, I'll be there.

I'll be really, really interested to see if the team can put another solid game together and how they will respond with no Pat Williams. Atlanta isn't going to abandon the run like Arizona did.

The Dynasty
12-15-2008, 11:38 PM
I think the Falcons have to be more worried about Turner... he's never carried this many times in a season and I really think we are going to see more Norwood on Sunday than usual due to this..

It will be a great game, I'll be there.

I'll be really, really interested to see if the team can put another solid game together and how they will respond with no Pat Williams. Atlanta isn't going to abandon the run like Arizona did.

I dont think Arizona even tried to run, They had 7 rushing plays all game.

Vikings4ever
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

6 Vikings made the Pro Bowl; AD, Hutch, Allen (reserve), the Williams Wall (Pat as a reserve), and Antoine Winfield.

I wish Greenway would have made it, but Antoine finally getting getting the recognition makes up for it.

giver17
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

6 Vikings made the Pro Bowl; AD, Hutch, Allen (reserve), the Williams Wall (Pat as a reserve), and Antoine Winfield.

I wish Greenway would have made it, but Antoine finally getting getting the recognition makes up for it.

very pleased with the outcome. I agree, Greenway was snubbed, but at least Winfield got in. very deserving for them all this year.

giver17
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
although for NFC WRs, I think it should have been Smith, Fitz, Calvin Johnson and Boldin. Although, there were a ton of really quality WRs from the NFC this year (Roddy White, Jennings, Bryant all deserved consideration).

russie
12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I agree, Greenway was snubbed,

greenway will always get snubbed. the shitcago and dallas fanbase is too large and biased

bearsfan_51
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
greenway will always get snubbed. the shitcago and dallas fanbase is too large and biased

Fanbase nothing. We had one probowler, and Briggs is more deserving than Greenway. I've watched a lot of the Vikings and Bears this year. Briggs is the best player on our team, you couldn't even come close to making that case for Greenway. You guys are being the homers.

And over Demarcus Ware? Are you ******* kidding? Ware is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. Gimme a break....

russie
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Fanbase nothing. We had one probowler, and Briggs is more deserving than Greenway. I've watched a lot of the Vikings and Bears this year. Briggs is the best player on our team, you couldn't even come close to making that case for Greenway. You guys are being the homers.

And over Demarcus Ware? Are you ******* kidding? Ware is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. Gimme a break....

and urlacher has deserved to go every time he's gone? i wasnt refering to just this season, but all the seasons to come

bearsfan_51
12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
and urlacher has deserved to go every time he's gone? i wasnt refering to just this season, but all the seasons to come
I'm not sure about every season, but Urlacher has been the best middle linebacker of this decade and very likely a future HOF. He was a 3rd alternate this season (which would put him behind 4 other inside linebackers), so that vaunted Chicago fan base definately didn't pull through for him this time.

Gay Ork Wang
12-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure about every season, but Urlacher has been the best middle linebacker of this decade and very likely a future HOF. He was a 3rd alternate this season (which would put him behind 4 other inside linebackers), so that vaunted Chicago fan base definately didn't pull through for him this time.
id be awesome behind that DLine

Vikes99ej
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Greenway should have gone instead of Derrick Brooks for sure. Lance Briggs and Ware deserved it.

Dr. Gonzo
12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Allen as a reserve makes me sad but this is a great year for NFC DE's so I can understand it.

russie
12-16-2008, 06:00 PM
i wasnt naming the chicago and dallas fanbase just because they are the ones that made it in, just because they are two of the largest fanbases in the nfl.

Gay Ork Wang
12-16-2008, 06:53 PM
i wasnt naming the chicago and dallas fanbase just because they are the ones that made it in, just because they are two of the largest fanbases in the nfl.
so why did u mention them? if both of them deserved it, then why care about the big fanbases

The_Dude
12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
I also wish that Greenway would have made it, but i have no problem with the guys who did.

I'm just super glad that Winfield made it... that guy is our defense its about time that people can see past his "numbers", which usually aren't very good when compared to other cbs.

russie
12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
so why did u mention them? if both of them deserved it, then why care about the big fanbases

it was coincidence. if you check one of my posts from a few days ago, you would see that i said the same thing when someone mentioned greenway

General Zod
12-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Im pleased overall with the Vikes pro bowl out come. I can also make the arguement that Longwell should have went vs Carney, just hell who cares, they are kickers.

The biggest snub overall I see is John Abraham not getting the nod.

Gay Ork Wang
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Hanson >>>>>>>> every NFC Kicker.

the_legend_killer
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Hanson >>>>>>>> every NFC Kicker.

Truthiness.

GB12
12-27-2008, 02:35 PM
In 2006 the Vikings hired Brad Childress as head coach and Mike Tomlin as defensive coordinator. Do any of you know if they ever considered Tomlin as a head coach candidate or did they look at him strictly for DC?

Vikes99ej
12-27-2008, 02:45 PM
In 2006 the Vikings hired Brad Childress as head coach and Mike Tomlin as defensive coordinator. Do any of you know if they ever considered Tomlin as a head coach candidate or did they look at him strictly for DC?

I believe they were just looking at him as a head coach. I remember seeing a list of candidates for the job, and he wasn't on it.

djp
12-27-2008, 03:13 PM

Tomlin was only our DC for one season and I loved him. But he didn't have enough experience to be the head coach when he was hired.

Vikes99ej
12-28-2008, 07:19 PM
We're awesome.

The Dynasty
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Well it wasn't a pretty season but hey we got to the playoffs, So now let's hope we can make some magic in the playoffs.

fondoffilm
12-31-2008, 08:12 PM
If we somehow lose Leslie, who do you guys think we should look at for DC? Lloyd Lee intrigues me. Plus he's from Minneapolis. Woo hoo.

FuzzyGopher
12-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Karl Dunbar was looked at when Tomlin left I think. I wouldn't mind him, and the players seem to really like him.

Gay Ork Wang
01-01-2009, 01:42 PM
We're awesome.
playing David Carr!

DHVF
01-01-2009, 01:45 PM
playing David Carr!
Actually we were better playing against Eli Manning, so yeah...not that it really says much but woo!

Gay Ork Wang
01-02-2009, 04:33 AM
what are the news on Pat Williams?

russie
01-02-2009, 01:06 PM
what are the news on Pat Williams?

PAT WILLIAMS TO BE A GAME-TIME DECISION
Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2009, 9:18 a.m.
A very big key for the Vikings on Sunday will be a very big man, named Pat Williams.

Williams, a run-stuffing, toilet-clogging defensive tackle, missed the last two games of the regular season with a broken shoulder. Without him, the Vikings have given up 233 total yards rushing in two games. With him, the Vikings surrender on average only 71 yards.

Williams practiced Wednesday and Thursday on a limited basis, and his availability for the wild-card game will be a game-time decision, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

“He’s going to try to do a little bit more every time he comes out there,” coach Brad Childress said Thursday. ”It’s probably truly a game-time decision.”

The concern is that Williams could do further damage to the shoulder. And since the shoulder is an integral component in the use of the arm which is an integral component in the use of the hand which is an integral component in the use of a fork, it’s very important for Williams to make the right decision.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2009, 01:08 PM
If we somehow lose Leslie, who do you guys think we should look at for DC? Lloyd Lee intrigues me. Plus he's from Minneapolis. Woo hoo.
Lloyd Lee who's been the Bears linebacker coach for one year?

Go with Karl Dunbar, I wish he had never left Chicago.

djp
01-02-2009, 03:18 PM
PAT WILLIAMS TO BE A GAME-TIME DECISION
Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2009, 9:18 a.m.
A very big key for the Vikings on Sunday will be a very big man, named Pat Williams.

Williams, a run-stuffing, toilet-clogging defensive tackle, missed the last two games of the regular season with a broken shoulder. Without him, the Vikings have given up 233 total yards rushing in two games. With him, the Vikings surrender on average only 71 yards.

Williams practiced Wednesday and Thursday on a limited basis, and his availability for the wild-card game will be a game-time decision, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

“He’s going to try to do a little bit more every time he comes out there,” coach Brad Childress said Thursday. ”It’s probably truly a game-time decision.”

The concern is that Williams could do further damage to the shoulder. And since the shoulder is an integral component in the use of the arm which is an integral component in the use of the hand which is an integral component in the use of a fork, it’s very important for Williams to make the right decision.

I think he will be limited. John Clayton just said he expects Pat to play goal line situations but that's about it. I find it hard to believe he will only play a litle bit if he's dressed, since he's Pat Williams. But we'll see.

The Dynasty
01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I just saw that the Vikings have 3,100 seats left and they have till saturday at 4:30 est. I wish i lived closer to Minnesota to get tickets.

I hope Pat can play more but really Im more afraid of McNabb scrambling and rolling out to pass.

DHVF
01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I just saw that the Vikings have 3,100 seats left and they have till saturday at 4:30 est. I wish i lived closer to Minnesota to get tickets.

I hope Pat can play more but really Im more afraid of McNabb scrambling and rolling out to pass.
I'd definitely go, but sundays my birthday and my family is having a get together...oh well, i'll still get to watch it regardless of whether or not the blackout happens.

djp
01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I'd definitely go, but sundays my birthday and my family is having a get together...oh well, i'll still get to watch it regardless of whether or not the blackout happens.

It won't happen now. If the tickets sold at full price, FOX could buy as many as 4,000 and still break even in the Minnesota market. Now that it's at 3,100, it's almost guaranteed not to be a blackout. They won't announce it until tomorrow, because they still want people to buy as many as possible so FOX can make more money, but I would be absolutely shocked if FOX didn't buy the remaining tickets at 3:25 tomorrow.

woodnick
01-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey guys, theres a forum mock thats being set up if anybody is interested. There are still something like 12 GM spots available if people are interested.

For people that haven't participated in a forum mock in the past they should check it out, they are tons of fun.

Sign-up deadline is tonight, so try to hurry.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=28445&page=3

The_Dude
01-03-2009, 10:26 AM
It won't happen now. If the tickets sold at full price, FOX could buy as many as 4,000 and still break even in the Minnesota market. Now that it's at 3,100, it's almost guaranteed not to be a blackout. They won't announce it until tomorrow, because they still want people to buy as many as possible so FOX can make more money, but I would be absolutely shocked if FOX didn't buy the remaining tickets at 3:25 tomorrow.

I've been saying all along (not on the forums however) that there is NO way that this game is blacked-out.

Zygi doesn't have the stones to allow that to happen. You are right FOX will buy the remaining tickets & get more "advertising" in return for the game being aired.

However, according to PFT, the Vikes are playing hardball with the stadium and are threatening to move. With a $5 Billion budget defecit this year & "harder times" to come in the near future, there is NO way that the Vikings get a publicly funded stadium....

Vikes99ej
01-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Yep, Vikes avoided the blackout. Stupid me for being scared.

djp
01-05-2009, 03:18 AM
Well fellas, the season could have been worse. We could have been fans of the Bears, Packers, or Lions.

This team clearly was not ready to be a legitimate contender. They need to fix certain things, but the cornerstones of the franchise are as good as any team in football.

Vikes99ej
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Get a quarterback and some offensive lineman, and I think we should be good.

BuckNaked
01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Naufahu Tahi and Maurice Hicks can go die, they provide absolutely nothing.

bearsfan_51
01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
They need to fix certain things, but the cornerstones of the franchise are as good as any team in football.
Isn't Quarterback a pretty important cornerstone?

The Dynasty
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Well from watching the game yesterday, Brian Robison should be starting over Edwards. I wasnt impressed with Edwards at all this year, Robison seems to get pressure on the QB when he is in there and He should be the LDE next year.

russie
01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
worst news of all:

Vikings | Childress to return next season
Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:08:09 -0800

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress will return in 2009, according to co-owner and president of the team Mark Wilf.

vikes_28
01-05-2009, 04:31 PM
worst news of all:

Vikings | Childress to return next season
Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:08:09 -0800

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress will return in 2009, according to co-owner and president of the team Mark Wilf.

This is depressing...

I know that he kinda turned the team around and what not. But that showing in the playoffs was just rediculous. I really wish they would just pull the plug. He needs to go.

djp
01-07-2009, 05:27 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d03edd

This video is so sick

russie
01-07-2009, 05:47 AM
CANTON FINALISTS NAMED
Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2009, 9:36 p.m.
The fifteen finalists for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame have been named.

Four players in their first year of eligibility have made the cut — Bills defensive end Bruce Smith, Steelers cornerback Rod Woodson, Broncos/Ravens tight end Shannon Sharpe, and Vikings defensive John Randle.

The other finalists are Steelers center Dermontti Dawson, Seahawks defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy, Vikings receiver Cris Carter, Bills receiver Andre Reed, Bears defensive end Richard Dent, Redskins guard Russ Grimm, Dolphins guard Bob Kuechenberg, Vikings guard Randall McDaniel, Chiefs linebacker Derrick Thomas, former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, and Bills owner Ralph Wilson.

Falcons defensive end Claude Humprhey and Cowboys receiver Bob Hayes are the Senior Committe finalists.

A minimum of four and a maximum of seven men will be voted into the Hall of Fame at a selection meeting to be held on January 31, one day before Super Bowl XLIII.

djp
01-07-2009, 05:51 AM
If Randall McDaniel doesn't get in, I will choke the voters

FuzzyGopher
01-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't mind Childress coming back that much. We need to get rid of Bevell though; he hasn't done **** in the 3 years he has been here. I don't even want to think what this offense would look like without AD.

russie
01-07-2009, 11:59 AM
FREROTTE WILL RETURN TO VIKES IF HE’S THE STARTER
Posted by Josh Alper on January 7, 2009, 11:00 a.m.
Gus Frerotte said that he felt he would have given the Vikings the “best chance to win” if he’d been the starting quarterback for Sunday’s loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

On Tuesday, he told the Pioneer Press that the thought of returning as a backup or to compete for the starting job in 2009 might not be enough of a lure for him to leave his family.

“I don’t know if that’s enough after playing this year,” Frerotte said. “I think being away from my family was tough on me. To compete at training camp? I don’t know. That’s all up in the air. It’ll be a family decision again. . . . If they want me back, they’ve got to tell me something, whether it’s to compete or whether it’s to start.” ”

Frerotte spoke with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and quarterback coach Kevin Rogers before heading home on Monday, but he didn’t speak to head coach Brad Childress. Childress’s decision to continue playing Tarvaris Jackson after Frerotte’s back injury healed because the coach had a “gut feeling” bothered Frerotte, but he said he could “get past all that.”

Frerotte is under contract for next season, but it’s unclear if he’ll be welcomed back after his sharing his feelings with Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports over the weekend and the Pioneer Press on Tuesday.

Vikings4ever
01-09-2009, 07:44 PM
4 Vikes made the All Pro Team: AD, Allen, Hutch, and Kevin Williams.

yo123
01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Gus Frerotte said that he felt he would have given the Vikings the “best chance to win” if he’d been the starting quarterback for Sunday’s loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

On Tuesday, he told the Pioneer Press that the thought of returning as a backup or to compete for the starting job in 2009 might not be enough of a lure for him to leave his family.

“I don’t know if that’s enough after playing this year,” Frerotte said. “I think being away from my family was tough on me. To compete at training camp? I don’t know. That’s all up in the air. It’ll be a family decision again. . . . If they want me back, they’ve got to tell me something, whether it’s to compete or whether it’s to start.” ”

Frerotte spoke with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and quarterback coach Kevin Rogers before heading home on Monday, but he didn’t speak to head coach Brad Childress. Childress’s decision to continue playing Tarvaris Jackson after Frerotte’s back injury healed because the coach had a “gut feeling” bothered Frerotte, but he said he could “get past all that.”

Frerotte is under contract for next season, but it’s unclear if he’ll be welcomed back after his sharing his feelings with Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports over the weekend and the Pioneer Press on Tuesday.

Yeah I saw that. Hilarious.

General Zod
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM

That “gut feeling” was probably just a poop cramp. He probably got the same feeling when he drafted Ryan Cook.

BuckNaked
01-12-2009, 10:51 PM
His gut feeling is an ulcer that will slowly, but inevitably kill him and allow Leslie Frazier to be promoted to Head Coach and have Troy Williamson urinating on his tombstone.

hagy34
01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
If Gus is our starter next season than I won't even care if Zygi moves us to LA. Because we sure as hell are moving backwards with that guy! Chilly needs to keep his job so he should be pushing hard for a QB that can do more than "attempt" to manage a game!!!

BuckNaked
01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
If it's between Tarvaris and Frerotte, I will still take Tarvaris every day of the week.

hagy34
01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
His gut feeling is an ulcer that will slowly, but inevitably kill him and allow Leslie Frazier to be promoted to Head Coach and have Troy Williamson urinating on his tombstone.

Priceless statement. How about we just fire Chilly and promote Leslie. That seems a little easier....

BuckNaked
01-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Priceless statement. How about we just fire Chilly and promote Leslie. That seems a little easier....

The easy way out is not the way out for me.

FuzzyGopher
01-13-2009, 11:08 AM

This is really the main reason I hope Frazier stays. If we suck next year and Childress gets **** canned, then we have a good in house candidate as well as some outside options like Cowher and Shannahan.

FuzzyGopher
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Ferraro has left to be the Rams LB coach. Thank God that guy was a horrible coach.

The Dynasty
01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Ferraro has left to be the Rams LB coach. Thank God that guy was a horrible coach.

I was hoping we would allow him to talk to the rams because our special Teams were terrible last year. So who do we get to replace him, hopefully a guy from a team that has a good special teams. Also hopefully Maurice Hicks wont be the return man....He is terrible if you want to get the ball to the 20-25 yard line every time He is your man but we need someone explosive back there.

russie
01-25-2009, 02:29 PM
SHARPER SETTING SAIL FOR THE SAINTS?
Posted by Mike Florio on January 25, 2009, 1:15 p.m.
[Editor’s note: Though yours truly currently is making the trek to Tampa, there will be periodic opportunities to slide open the brand new official PFT laptop at the nearest Denny’s. We only hope that Ricky Manning, Jr. isn’t there.]

Veteran safety Darren Sharper, a 12-year veteran whose contract with the Vikings has expired, likely won’t be returning to Minnesota for a fifth season.

The thinking in league circles is that the Vikings won’t have the cap space to pay Sharper close to his market value, given that the team signed safety Madieu Williams as part of last year’s free-agent splurge.

The presence of Tyrell Johnson, a hard-hitting second-round pick in 2008, also could make Sharper a luxury that the team can’t afford.

We’ve already heard some speculation that the Saints might make a run at Sharper, as they attempt to beef up their defense in order to keep coach Sean Payton from getting fired.

Sharper spent the first eight years of his career with the Packers, before making the intra-division leap to Minnesota. He has 54 career interceptions, which currently ranks 18th on the all-time list.

Only four more picks would put Sharper in the top ten — and he needs only eight to tie Dick LeBeau and Dave Brown for seventh place with 62.

So, yeah, Dick LeBeau really should be in Canton, given his combined playing and coaching exploits. With a few more solid seasons, Sharper likely will have earned a spot, too.

russie
01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
can i be the first to say no thanks?

PETER KING BELIEVES FAVRE WANTS TO BE A VIKING
Posted by Josh Alper on January 26, 2009, 7:04 p.m.
Sports Illustrated and NBC’s Peter King was a guest on ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption” today and said that he firmly believes Brett Favre has “had enough” of playing in the NFL. According to King, Jets doctors told Favre that he needed surgery on his right biceps tendon if he wants to play next season and by passing Favre is making his intentions clear.

King then hedged his bet by saying that Favre still believes he can play but “won’t play if he can’t play where he really wants to play.” When asked where that might be, King said he had a “gut feeling” that he’d like to play for the Vikings.

In his Monday Morning Quarterback column, King said that Favre’s interest in returning to the Jets was squashed by owner Woody Johnson’s demand that he participate in the full offseason program. Favre never did that in Green Bay and doesn’t plan to start now.

Other than Favre, the Jets have three quarterbacks on their roster. Kellen Clemens is the only one with experience as a starting quarterback, and neither Brett Ratliff nor Erik Ainge has thrown a pass in a NFL game.

russie
01-27-2009, 05:48 AM
good news!!!!!

UDEZE PLANS TO PARTICIPATE IN OFFSEASON WORKOUTS
Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2009, 11:44 p.m.
Vikings defensive end Kenechi Udeze received horrible news last February, when he was diagnosed with leukemia.

Nearly a year later, Udeze plans to join his team for offseason workouts.

“My goal is when the team gets back together, I’ll be in my jersey and on the sideline with them,” Udeze told Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “If I didn’t feel [positive about] it, I woudn’t be saying it. If something drastic happens, then that is that, but I can bounce back from this.”

Udeze recently underwent a six-month biopsy in Minnesota, and he is hoping to hear something positive.

“It’s been nothing but good news [so far], so let’s hope for the best,” he said.

Udeze is signed through 2009, due to the fact that his contract tolled for 2008.

Though he apparently was received his full base salary for 2008 while on the non-football injury/illness list, the Vikings weren’t obligated to pay him.

vikes_28
01-27-2009, 08:36 AM
If he does better than Ray Edwards then I will be happy.

russie
01-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Vikings | Peterson named FedEx Ground Player of the Year
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:14:32 -0800

The NFL has announced Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has been named the FedEx Ground Player of the Year.

TitleTown088
01-30-2009, 11:27 AM
can i be the first to say no thanks?

PETER KING BELIEVES FAVRE WANTS TO BE A VIKING
Posted by Josh Alper on January 26, 2009, 7:04 p.m.
Sports Illustrated and NBC’s Peter King was a guest on ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption” today and said that he firmly believes Brett Favre has “had enough” of playing in the NFL. According to King, Jets doctors told Favre that he needed surgery on his right biceps tendon if he wants to play next season and by passing Favre is making his intentions clear.

King then hedged his bet by saying that Favre still believes he can play but “won’t play if he can’t play where he really wants to play.” When asked where that might be, King said he had a “gut feeling” that he’d like to play for the Vikings.

In his Monday Morning Quarterback column, King said that Favre’s interest in returning to the Jets was squashed by owner Woody Johnson’s demand that he participate in the full offseason program. Favre never did that in Green Bay and doesn’t plan to start now.

Other than Favre, the Jets have three quarterbacks on their roster. Kellen Clemens is the only one with experience as a starting quarterback, and neither Brett Ratliff nor Erik Ainge has thrown a pass in a NFL game.
Good for home. Hopefully he came back and play well.

The Dynasty
01-31-2009, 02:23 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d80dedbf6_gallery_600.jpg

Congratulations to Randall McDaniel for being in the Class of 2009.