PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

russie
01-31-2009, 02:34 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d80dedbf6_gallery_600.jpg

Congratulations to Randall McDaniel for being in the Class of 2009.
boo to the voting committe that fuc ked cris carter again

The Dynasty
01-31-2009, 02:39 PM
boo to the voting committe that fuc ked cris carter again

Yeah I was upset about that but He should eventually get in, He seems like Art Monk now. He will get in but just never know when.

russie
02-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Vikings | Carey believed to be a target
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:53:29 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are believed to be interested in Miami Dolphins impending free-agent OG Vernon Carey if he does not re-sign with Dolphins before the start of free agency.

djp
02-01-2009, 12:37 PM

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are believed to be interested in Miami Dolphins impending free-agent OG Vernon Carey if he does not re-sign with Dolphins before the start of free agency.

Yeah, they want him to play right tackle. Sounds good to me. He'll be solid and could allow us to go CB in round 1

jimmylishis
02-01-2009, 12:53 PM

I would love it if we signed Cary he would be a huge upgrade over Cook

The Dynasty
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah i saw this in earlier in the week and was all for it. Anyone really would be an upgrade over cook. Id rather put Hicks in which we did but he got hurt.

russie
02-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Vikings | Have plenty of cap room
Mon, 02 Feb 2009 06:23:01 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings expect to be nearly $28 million under the NFL's $123 million salary cap when free agency begins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Birk not expected back
Mon, 02 Feb 2009 06:12:44 -0800

The Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings C Matt Birk, an impending free agent, is not expected to return with the team for next season.

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I think Carey would be an incredible signing. If Carey is signed I would guess QB would be the direction the team goes in the first. I would prefer a CB in the first but I am pretty sure QB is the number 1 priority right now.

FuzzyGopher
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, there is "growing speculation" that the Vikings will make a run at free agent Matt Cassel.

Cassel will be franchise tagged by the Patriots and cost several draft picks, including at least one first-rounder, and a $60+ million contract to acquire. It's not worth it for the Vikings. They'd be putting Cassel in a completely different offense and asking him to play a different style of football.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3237

At least one 1st rounder and 60 million?!? That is way to much and I hope we don't do it.

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, there is "growing speculation" that the Vikings will make a run at free agent Matt Cassel.

Cassel will be franchise tagged by the Patriots and cost several draft picks, including at least one first-rounder, and a $60+ million contract to acquire. It's not worth it for the Vikings. They'd be putting Cassel in a completely different offense and asking him to play a different style of football.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3237

At least one 1st rounder and 60 million?!? That is way to much and I hope we don't do it.

Sounds like certain people are making a last ditch effort to keep their jobs next year. Trading away picks to win now worked last year with Jared Allen but Cassell is no Allen.

General Zod
02-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Its funny, we almost drafted Vernon Carey but the fins took him one pick before we did and we took Udeze in 2004. And in 2003 we were rumored to possibly draft Jimmy Kennedy over Kevin Williams, and now Kennedy is on the team. lol

I think that Williams picked worked out pretty well for us. lol

vikes_28
02-03-2009, 08:25 AM

oh....jefus. please dont do that oh mighty and powerful brad!

FuzzyGopher
02-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Its funny, we almost drafted Vernon Carey but the fins took him one pick before we did and we took Udeze in 2004. And in 2003 we were rumored to possibly draft Jimmy Kennedy over Kevin Williams, and now Kennedy is on the team. lol

I think that Williams picked worked out pretty well for us. lol

We actually traded back with them when they took Carey. I think we got a 4th rounder and drafted Nat Dorsey.

General Zod
02-03-2009, 10:55 PM
We actually traded back with them when they took Carey. I think we got a 4th rounder and drafted Nat Dorsey.

ah, thats right, I remember that now.

vikes_28
02-09-2009, 08:57 AM
lets get Byron Leftwich! complete sarcasm...

vikes_28
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ea4073

this video makes me want to grow a fumanchou (sorry if i spelt that wrong...)

russie
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
vikings fans
go here and vote for winfield for profootballtalk.com's darrell green award

http://www.profootballtalk.com/

voting closes 8 a.m. eastern time tomorrow

The_Dude
02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok Here is The_Dude's offeseason plan for success:

QB: I will be crossing my fingers that McNabb ends up being on the outs in Philly.... not planning on it, just hoping for it. If/When that doesn't work, bring in Garcia; I have been wanting this for years. He is successful in the WCO and would hopefully be able to teach T-Jack how to run the system... i am not totally convinced that T-Jack is a bust. I think that he just needs to get the mental aspects of the offense down. Hopefully watching a successful WCO QB for a year or 2/3 will help.

RB: I think that we are currently set there, but bring in a solid blocking fullback for AD & Taylor to run behind... someone like Lorenzo Neal blowing people up would be sweet.

WR: I actually like what we have here, but naturally their success is tied to the QB; an upgrade there will have an impact here. Berrian was alright, Wade was great in the slot, Shiancoe showed vast improvement, and i am still a big Rice fan. At worst, the Vikes could draft a late-round WR mainly for a Kick/Punt Return upgrade.

OL: Resign Birk. His play may have dropped off a bit, but he is still a great center & a local face to the franchise. As we all know, RT is the weak spot in the line.... I wouldn't mind the Vikes signing a veteran like Carey or Taucher (I would really want Gross, but i just don't see that happenning $$$). I would also be content if we used our 1st round pick on one of the top tackles available there.... Britton or Beatty (or even Loadholt perhaps?) depending on how they grade out after the combine. Also, lets get some depth on the line, too.

DL:Depth. I think that we need depth across the board on our d-line. What i really want is Brace in round 2 to provide immediate depth and be the successor to Fat Pat in the run-stopping game. DE depth is also needed, but i don't mind an Edwards & Robison rotation. Hopefully Udeze will also be able to come back and help....

LB: Again, we need depth. EJ is still a beast, Greenway is awesome, & Leber has grown on me. We need to resign Farwell and add another face or two to the linebacking/special teams corps.

CB: Minus RT & QB, i think that this is where we need the most help. Winfield is awesome (still my favorite free agent pick up in my lifetime.. just slightly above Allen) but Griffin sucks balls. I think that this is where the Vikes need to open up the wallet and go get Kelvin Hayden. He has been successful in the Cover Two & we need that strong starting presence across from Winfield. We could also use some more depth here... what happen to McCauley????

Safety: I like the Johnson/Williams combo and i am content to see how they will do. Fire away, Ozzy.....

KR/PR: We have to get a legitimate threat here.... Probably gained through the draft. Any suggestions???

So, there you have it. This is what i think that the Vikings need to do to push us to the next stage... winning a playoff game!!!!

Oh, and i think that we need a new coach....

Feel free to laugh and ridicule, if you like.

General Zod
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
KR/PR: We have to get a legitimate threat here.... Probably gained through the draft. Any suggestions???

See sig below. :-)

Vikes99ej
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
bring in Garcia;

http://wealsoran.com/music/uploaded_images/images_do_not_want-741689.jpg

DHVF
02-10-2009, 02:46 PM
http://wealsoran.com/music/uploaded_images/images_do_not_want-741689.jpg
Who would you prefer???

Vikes99ej
02-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Who would you prefer???

Give me Derek Anderson or Cassel. No old quarterbacks.

DHVF
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Yuck and yuck. I'll take experience over manure anyday.

Vikes99ej
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Yuck and yuck. I'll take experience over manure anyday.

Meh, we need to establish someone at the position sometime here. I'd rather take one of those guys and work them than get Garcia, draft someone, and wait two more years.

The Dynasty
02-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Derek Anderson to right now seems like a one hit wonder and Cassel is really interesting. He has the tools to be good but I would have loved to see him with an average core of Receivers which is making me iffy from him. Also the Asking price is really high for the guy. As of right now I say we get Garcia and draft someone. Let them sit the bench and let them learn for a two years or so. I say Garcia gives us the best option to win now and that's what we want.

Vikes99ej
02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Derek Anderson to right now seems like a one hit wonder and Cassel is really interesting. He has the tools to be good but I would have loved to see him with an average core of Receivers which is making me iffy from him. Also the Asking price is really high for the guy. As of right now I say we get Garcia and draft someone. Let them sit the bench and let them learn for a two years or so. I say Garcia gives us the best option to win now and that's what we want.

But I want to win while the Vikings are still in Minnesota!!!

jimmylishis
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM

I agree with the idea of getting Garcia, the guy's still got it. We need to win now because we may not be in minnesota very long. But i really dont think it would be a good idea to get a qb through the draft. Tarvaris has the potential he just needs to sit on the bench and learn from a WCO QB for a year or two.

djp
02-11-2009, 12:03 AM
1. RT
2. QB
3. CB
4. C
5. WR

That look about right?

marshallb
02-11-2009, 08:42 AM
1. RT
2. QB
3. CB
4. C
5. WR

That look about right?

I would go with this:
1. RT
2. QB
3. CB
4. NT
5. WR/KR
After that, I would put C and S and LB all pretty close. I think John Sullivan will definitely take over for Birk, but I wish we would have had a chance to see him play.

The_Dude
02-11-2009, 10:01 AM
What is our current salary cap situation anyway?

FuzzyGopher
02-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I think we are like 28 million under. Actually yeah it's 28 million, here is a link http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2468.

The_Dude
02-11-2009, 02:53 PM
For what it is worth, PFT has the Vikings 2009 cap # at $105 million & the 2009 Salary Cap at $124 million.

Of course the team #s will go up and down based on earned/unearned bonuses.

mittyvike
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
the vikings should pick up Peppers :D

bdlyons26
02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
what about derek anderson ive seen rumors he doesnn't want a backup role... and seeing that neither qb did a good job over in cleveland i think it was more the line/recievers fault so maybe he still has what he brought cleveland 2 seasons ago?

The_Dude
02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
No thank you. Especially with the cost that will be attached to him.

I have to echo The_Dynasty in the thought that Anderson is more of the 1 year wonder type.

rchrd
02-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Taking a QB any lower than our 1st pick is just pointless (with 2 projects already on the roster), and there's no value for a QB where we are picking, catch 22. I'm hoping we just go after the best player available in the draft, try and get by with Jackson/Frerotte again (hell, we made the playoffs with them) and start reassess next year.

So i'd say if it's not a QB with 1, I'd avoid one completely.

The Dynasty
02-18-2009, 11:46 AM
We cut Maurice Hicks today Wooooo. He was a terrible return man.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2483

russie
02-18-2009, 01:08 PM
We cut Maurice Hicks today Wooooo. He was a terrible return man.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2483

that's funny considering that he was supposed to be the guy to solidify our return game

The_Dude
02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/18/colts-hayden-work-out-a-deal/

Darn it... i was really hoping that the Vikes would have pursused Hayden if he made it to the open market.

What are the next best options out there for CB? I think that we will all agree that Griffin needs to get replaced in the starting lineup.

It doesn't look like there are many veteran options out there.... which players in the draft best fit our scheme?

vikes_28
02-19-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/18/colts-hayden-work-out-a-deal/

Darn it... i was really hoping that the Vikes would have pursused Hayden if he made it to the open market.

What are the next best options out there for CB? I think that we will all agree that Griffin needs to get replaced in the starting lineup.

It doesn't look like there are many veteran options out there.... which players in the draft best fit our scheme?

Chris McCalister

marshallb
02-19-2009, 08:43 AM
as far as the draft goes at CB, I'd say Alphonso Smith, DJ Moore, Macho Harris, Jairus Byrd, and Mike Mickens would all fit our system pretty well imo. All of those guys will likely go in the first 3 rounds. I wouldn't really want McAllister, he is old and fragile, plus he would want a lot of money.

vikes_28
02-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't really want McAllister, he is old and fragile, plus he would want a lot of money.

it was a funny joke. :D

The_Dude
02-20-2009, 02:21 PM
$7 MILLION PER YEAR FOR CAREY
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2009, 2:51 p.m.
Three years ago, seven years and $49 million became the standard contract for offensive linemen in free agency, thanks to Steve Hutchinson.

Dolphins right tackle Vernon Carey’s contract has the same $7 million annual average, but with one fewer season.

Per multiple reports, Carey’s contract is worth $42 million over six years.

The guaranteed money has not yet been reported

Well, poop. I still think/hope that the Vikes sign Tausher or try to address this need (RT) in the draft, i guess.

russie
02-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Three years ago, seven years and $49 million became the standard contract for offensive linemen in free agency, thanks to Steve Hutchinson.

Dolphins right tackle Vernon Carey’s contract has the same $7 million annual average, but with one fewer season.

Well, poop. I still think/hope that the Vikes sign Tausher or try to address this need (RT) in the draft, i guess.

about the only thing left in free agency that i would want would be jeff garcia, or kurt warner if he does become available

vikes_28
02-20-2009, 04:04 PM

The vikings won't spend that much?

The_Dude
02-20-2009, 07:34 PM
The vikings won't spend that much?

They didn't get a chance to even try.

And yes, Garcia should be our #1 priority in free agency.... i know that sounds kind of sad, but i really think that his strong QB play can put us up over the hump of just getting into the playoffs.

russie
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM
They didn't get a chance to even try.

And yes, Garcia should be our #1 priority in free agency.... i know that sounds kind of sad, but i really think that his strong QB play can put us up over the hump of just getting into the playoffs.

garcia is the only thing out there to get. after everyone got tagged and resigned, there isnt shitleft

russie
02-21-2009, 11:00 AM
i pray this is just a smoke screen

Vikings | Childress wants quarterback competition
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 06:46:02 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said that he wants QB Gus Frerotte to push QB Tarvaris Jackson for the team's starting quarterback job next season. "We need to put somebody in place that will push him and compete with (Jackson)," Childress said. "I think competition is the nature of the game." Childress added Frerotte has not asked for his release nor indicated that he wants to retire.

DHVF
02-21-2009, 11:12 AM
i pray this is just a smoke screen

Vikings | Childress wants quarterback competition
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 06:46:02 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said that he wants QB Gus Frerotte to push QB Tarvaris Jackson for the team's starting quarterback job next season. "We need to put somebody in place that will push him and compete with (Jackson)," Childress said. "I think competition is the nature of the game." Childress added Frerotte has not asked for his release nor indicated that he wants to retire.
I don't mind that too much, though I really don't want Gus back. Please god let them bring in Garcia and have him and TJ compete.

Vikes99ej
02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
http://profootball.scout.com/2/841115.html

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****?

russie
02-21-2009, 03:05 PM
good news

BIRK COULD STAY IN MINNESOTA
Posted by Mike Florio on February 21, 2009, 3:08 p.m.
At a time when many league observers had assumed that long-time Vikings center Matt Birk, the last remaining link to the team’s 15-1 regular season of 1998, was destined to become a free agent after eleven seasons in Minnesota, it now looks like the team might make a run at keeping him.

Per the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the team and agent Joe Linta will be talking about a new contract.

“I’d love to have him back,” coach Brad Childress said.

“You’d have to talk to Matt about that,” Childress said in response to a question regarding whether he believes Birk wants to return. “I think that means something to him. That he could stay in the same place for his whole career. There is no downside.”

Birk, a finalist for the 2008 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award, has started every game of the past three seasons, and every game in seven of the last nine. The 32-year-old Harvard grad is a native of St. Paul.

So, yeah, it makes sense for Birk to stay put. But even if he’s willing to give a literal hometown discount, the Vikings need to compensate him fairly.

vikes_28
02-23-2009, 08:48 AM
joy........

djp
02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Who the hell wants Sage Rosenfels to be our QB next year?

Sign freaking Garcia and let him run around and hand the ball off.

I just don't get what this front office is doing on offense. Struck gold with Peterson but that's about it.

The_Dude
02-23-2009, 01:31 PM
ROSENFELS-TO-VIKES COMING TO FRUITION?
Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2009, 1:11 p.m.
Last year, the Minnesota Vikings nearly swung a deal for Texans backup quarterback Sage Rosenfels.

As rumors/reports had it, the Texans wanted a second-round pick, and the Vikes were willing to part only with a third-rounder.

This time around, the deal reportedly is close to happening, for a fourth-round selection.

The move would likely take the Vikings out of the running for a veteran quarterback in free agency, and it definitely would slam the door on speculation linking Matt Cassel to the men in purple.

Rosenfels is signed through 2009, at a base salary of $1.35 million.

Any deal could not be finalized until the start of the new league year, on Friday, February 27.

UGH.... i hate this........

Cicero
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Look on the bright side, at least people will stop mocking Josh Freeman to you guys.

princefielder28
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
More Rosenfels news....

SportsRadio 610 in Houston reports that the Vikings will sign Sage Rosenfels to a new three-year, $9 million deal once his trade to Minnesota is done.

the_legend_killer
02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

marshallb
02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Look on the bright side, at least people will stop mocking Josh Freeman to you guys.

That'd be the best part about us signing any QB. Personally, I like Rosenfels, and like this trade.

russie
02-23-2009, 05:44 PM
as i said in another thread, sage wont lead us to a superbowl, but at least he'll lead us to a new coach

The Dynasty
02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
as i said in another thread, sage wont lead us to a superbowl, but at least he'll lead us to a new coach

Yeah I agree with that but I mean he is an upgrade over Tarvaris by a little. I dont know I rather see Garcia but at least Sage is sort of young. Only at 30. If we get him for a 4th Id be fine with it. Its not like we are giving up two 1st rounds for Cassel who might not even pan out with normal receivers like the vikings....Could be worse I suppose.

russie
02-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah I agree with that but I mean he is an upgrade over Tarvaris by a little. I dont know I rather see Garcia but at least Sage is sort of young. Only at 30. If we get him for a 4th Id be fine with it. Its not like we are giving up two 1st rounds for Cassel who might not even pan out with normal receivers like the vikings....Could be worse I suppose.

i agree that he is an upgrade over the crap we have now, but i dont think he is good enough to push us over the edge. i firmly believe that our window is closing, and we need to break through or fall along the wayside. pat, winfield, and our oline are getting older and older all the time.

The Dynasty
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
i agree that he is an upgrade over the crap we have now, but i dont think he is good enough to push us over the edge. i firmly believe that our window is closing, and we need to break through or fall along the wayside. pat, winfield, and our oline are getting older and older all the time.

Oh I completely agree but the problem is that there is no one really out there to put us over the edge. Garcia might but he tends to never get far in the playoffs. Cassel would be pretty much be a 1st round pick putting all the eggs in the basket and hoping. Kurt Warner will most likely stay in Arizona but he has maybe 3 years left, Same with Kerry Collins and the Titans. All the other FA Quarterback's aren't even worth mentioning. There's also Derek Anderson but I don't think he would help that much either. I know we are ready to win know but there just isn't anyone out there to help us to win now except for Garcia at best.

russie
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
garcia is honestly the one i want. i think with peterson and the defense we have, garcia could be the one to put us over. i feel that way about warner also. i dont feel any of the other available qbs could do the same.

The_Dude
02-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Ha! I guess that there is a silver lining to every storm cloud....

Granted that this hasn't happened yet but here are my thoughts:

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!

A career backup that hasn't been able to hold down a starting job when given the opportunity vs A starter w/ playoff experience, pro bowl appearances, and vast experience in the WCO.

I understand the age difference angle, but come on! How could you not even take a shot at Garcia (or even Warner for that matter & i'm not a fan) before trying to make this move.

Another great decision by this coaching staff.

If this really goes through, I give Chilly-dog 2/3rds of the year before he's out the door.

This team can be so ******* frustrating.

russie
02-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Vikings | Childress interested in bringing Kleinsasser back
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:35:43 -0800

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress has indicated interest in bringing back impending free-agent TE Jim Kleinsasser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Working on contract for Birk
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:31:05 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings are working on a contract for impending free-agent C Matt Birk. Birk's agent, Joe Linta, said Monday, Feb. 23, he had not received a formal offer but expected one to come this week.

vikes_28
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Rosenfels is better than freeman. Of course...any rookie qb that doesn't go to the vikings is going to be way greater than if a qb wouldnt go to minny.

oh jefus i hope that made sense.

General Zod
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Im not so much aganist the Rosenfel trade. Really we dont have much to choose from. Yes id like Garcia better as well. We just got to remember with our defense and running game, we dont need a gunslinger qb with a huge arm, we just need someone who wont kill us.
Ive said it in the past and i'll say it again, Jackson is not the answer, and he is not improving. Some of his supporters who post in these threads kill me, its like they dont see the same QB playing as the rest of the world does. And they forget about all the times when he is just terrible. Missing wide open people, throwing his trade mark grounders to the flat. Also I hope this puts an end to the Michael Vick rumors.

General Zod
02-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Vikings | Childress interested in bringing Kleinsasser back
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:35:43 -0800

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress has indicated interest in bringing back impending free-agent TE Jim Kleinsasser.

Vikings | Working on contract for Birk
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:31:05 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings are working on a contract for impending free-agent C Matt Birk. Birk's agent, Joe Linta, said Monday, Feb. 23, he had not received a formal offer but expected one to come this week.

Both are good news, we need Birk back.

And I have always been a Kleinsausage fan, he is a great blocker. I just wish we would involve him more in the passing game, he really does have good hands. Maybe we could try him at FB?

the_legend_killer
02-24-2009, 12:22 AM
I would love for The Sauce to come back. He's one of my favorites and a damn good player. Important to the run game and underrated as a receiver.

The Dynasty
02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Gordon agrees to 1-year deal
February 24th, 2009 – 3:25 PM by Judd Zulgad

Cornerback Charles Gordon, last seen being carted off the field after suffering a gruesome ankle dislocation against the Packers, has agreed to a one-year deal to return to the Vikings.

Gordon, who suffered the season-ending injury on Nov. 9 on a punt return, was used as the Vikings’ nickel back in passing situations.

Good to see him sign and lets hope he comes back healthy too.

pete_norm
02-25-2009, 07:52 AM
The general comment i see everywhere is that Sage is a better, younger of Gus... Everyone was saying the Vikings made a mistake last year in getting Gus. Well, Gus went 8-3 as a starter. I'm not saying he was the best qb in the league, but he did get us in the playoffs. So getting a younger, better version of Gus isn't so bad with me.

What i find funny though is that many people last year said it was mistake for the Vikings not to get Sage for a second round, that he was a good option and that the Vikings should have paid the price asked by the Texans. And now that the Vikings got him for a 4th round pick, people are saying he is not a good option... Oh well, i guess a bad quarter against the Colts can change the percetpion of many people.

russie
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Vikings | Interested in J. Brown, Saturday?
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:23:55 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings could pursue Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent C Jason Brown in free agency. Should the team be unable to land Brown, Indianapolis Colts impending free-agent C Jeff Saturday could be a possibility.

Vikes99ej
02-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Jeff Garcia is not ******* Jesus people. He had plenty of his own problems in Tampa Bay.

The_Dude
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Agreed, but i feel that he is still a better option than Rosenfels....

Vikes99ej
02-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Like I stated in the previous Rosenfels thread, I'm not going to start bitching about this right away. I just look at the Chester Taylor, Ben Leber, and Visanthe Shianco pickups. These guys must have a little bit of an idea of what they're doing. I wasn't expecting anything out of Frerotte last year, and he still had an impact for us.

General Zod
02-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Vikings | Interested in J. Brown, Saturday?
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:23:55 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings could pursue Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent C Jason Brown in free agency. Should the team be unable to land Brown, Indianapolis Colts impending free-agent C Jeff Saturday could be a possibility.

Im still hoping to get Birk back, but I think Saturday would work until maybe Sullivan developed. Jason Brown could be a longer term option if they want to dish out the money for him.

russie
02-26-2009, 05:54 AM
Vikings | Tahi receives lowest tender
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:31:52 -0800

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have offered restricted free-agent FB Naufahu Tahi the lowest tender, which is a one-year, $1.01 million contract.

DHVF
02-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Vikings | Tahi receives lowest tender
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:31:52 -0800

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have offered restricted free-agent FB Naufahu Tahi the lowest tender, which is a one-year, $1.01 million contract.

***...I hate Tahi.

The_Dude
02-26-2009, 02:05 PM
***...I hate Tahi.

Agreed. I wish that they still had re-signed Richardson last year!

Vikes99ej
02-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Can we finally draft a decent full back?

General Zod
02-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Hell, id be ok with Kliensasser at FB vs Naufahu Tahi, he is crap. For that matter we never should have let Tony Richardson go.

russie
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
i posted a little bit earlier about the vikes possibly going after him, here's a little more

VIKES’ INTEREST IN BROWN COULD MEAN BIRK WON’T BE BACK
Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 12:40 p.m.
Less than 12 hours before the free-agent market opens, veteran Vikings center Matt Birk still isn’t signed.

And with Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reporting that the Vikings are interested in Ravens center Jason Brown, this could mean that Birk won’t be back.

Jenson writes that, despite recent efforts to work out a new deal with Birk, the 11-year veteran from Harvard isn’t considered a priority.

As reported by Albert Breer of SportingNews.com at the PFT “break glass in case of hamster-related emergency” site, the Ravens have recently informed Brown that he’s not in their plans for 2009.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
For all yall Viking fans, I got a quick question to ask you guys. We are running an NFL Draft Group mock and I was given control of the Vikings. Anyways, I was offered a trade by the Patriots and I wanted to know what yall thought about it.

They gave us Matt Cassel and there first round pick and I gave the Pats, our first rounder, a 3rd and a 5th.

Basicly we swaped 1st rounders and lost a 3rd rounder as well as a 5th for Matt Cassel. Personally I don't like Cassel but the general view on him is that he is a franchise QB, however I don't think so, but I think he'd be nice in Minnesota because I think he's best suited as a game manager, In Minnesota, he's got the #1 running game, a great o-line and 2 solid WR's in Rice and Berrian, all he's gatta do in manage the game and not turn the ball over, and I think if yall got him, you could make a serious run at the Super Bowl.

Thoughts on the Trade?

The Dynasty
02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
For all yall Viking fans, I got a quick question to ask you guys. We are running an NFL Draft Group mock and I was given control of the Vikings. Anyways, I was offered a trade by the Patriots and I wanted to know what yall thought about it.

They gave us Matt Cassel and there first round pick and I gave the Pats, our first rounder, a 3rd and a 5th.

Basicly we swaped 1st rounders and lost a 3rd rounder as well as a 5th for Matt Cassel. Personally I don't like Cassel but the general view on him is that he is a franchise QB, however I don't think so, but I think he'd be nice in Minnesota because I think he's best suited as a game manager, In Minnesota, he's got the #1 running game, a great o-line and 2 solid WR's in Rice and Berrian, all he's gatta do in manage the game and not turn the ball over, and I think if yall got him, you could make a serious run at the Super Bowl.

Thoughts on the Trade?

Well Uh If that happen I would not be a happy Viking Fan. At right now I don't like Cassel I know if the past I have like the thought of him being in Minnesota but He is too much of a risk for all that. Plus getting Sage it would be a waste to do that trade so I wouldn't do it personally.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Personally, I'd take the 26 year old Cassel over the 30 year Rosenfels anyday. Sage turns the ball over way too much if you ask me. Plus Cassel has got more potential. In your offense, you just need a "game manager" and let the run game and defense take care of the rest. Someone who can convert on third downs, not turn it over and most of all make the "smart throws" even if it means putting the defense back out onto the field. Sage isn't that type of QB.

The Dynasty
02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Personally, I'd take the 26 year old Cassel over the 30 year Rosenfels anyday. Sage turns the ball over way too much if you ask me. Plus Cassel has got more potential. In your offense, you just need a "game manager" and let the run game and defense take care of the rest. Someone who can convert on third downs, not turn it over and most of all make the "smart throws" even if it means putting the defense back out onto the field. Sage isn't that type of QB.

Well Im just saying the Sage Deal is pretty much done so We have Sage as our QB, He is Minnesota already according to startribune.com so why trade for Cassel when we already traded for him. That's all.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Well Im just saying the Sage Deal is pretty much done so We have Sage as our QB, He is Minnesota already according to startribune.com so why trade for Cassel when we already traded for him. That's all.

yeah, I see your point, but I wasn't aware of that when I made this trade lol. No worries, its just a little mock :)

General Zod
02-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Mitchell gets 2-year deal from Vikings
28 minutes ago

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)—The Minnesota Vikings signed defensive end Jayme Mitchell to a two-year deal and also re-signed defensive back Charles Gordon on Thursday.

Both players suffered major leg injuries last season.

Mitchell missed the entire year with a torn ACL. He had three sacks in 2006 and one in 2007, but was in line for an increase in playing time last season after Kenechi Udeze was diagnosed with leukemia.

But Mitchell was injured in the first preseason game and spent the entire season on injured reserve.

Mitchell says his rehab is going well and he hopes to participate in several minicamps before training camp begins at the end of July.

Gordon, who was showing promise as a nickelback and return man, had a gruesome lef ankle injury on a punt return against Green Bay in November.

The Vikings also tendered restricted free agents Fred Evans and Naufahu Tahi. By making qualifying offers, the team reserves the right to match an offer sheet either player signs with another team.

Evans was a regular on the defensive line. He started the final two games of the regular season and the playoff loss to Philadelphia in place of the injured Pat Williams.

Retaining Evans would also help the Vikings should Williams lose his court battle with the NFL over a positive test for a banned diuretic. If Williams does not win the case, he will be suspended for the first four games of next season.

Tahi beat out Thomas Tapeh for the starting fullback job early in the regular season.

russie
02-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Vikings | Houshmandzadeh targeting team
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:31:23 -0800

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bengals) told "NFL Live" Friday, Feb. 27, he told his agent to approach the Minnesota Vikings in free agency.

Vikings | Talks with Birk break off
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:00:49 -0800

Rick Serritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have broken off talks with C Matt Birk now that he is available on the free-agent market.

General Zod
02-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Vikings | Houshmandzadeh targeting team
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:31:23 -0800

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bengals) told "NFL Live" Friday, Feb. 27, he told his agent to approach the Minnesota Vikings in free agency.

Vikings | Talks with Birk break off
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:00:49 -0800

Rick Serritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have broken off talks with C Matt Birk now that he is available on the free-agent market.

Hmm, Saturday resigned with the Colts, and Jason Brown is rumored to be heading to StL. I wonder how thatll leave us for center.

The_Dude
02-27-2009, 09:07 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We need Birk

Kid_Ego
02-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Birk is most likely staying I would have to eat my chilldress hating heart out if we some how landed WHOS YA MAMA. The Sage deal figures more of the same childress thinking hes some kind of qb genius. Hey Genius get a qb smart enough to adible when facing an eleven man front. This doesnt seem that hard to me.

russie
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
yay!!

Vikings | Frerotte waived
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:17:30 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have waived QB Gus Frerotte.

The Dynasty
02-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Jim Kleinsasser has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Vikings..Woo.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2541

The_Dude
02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm glad about this... he's a big part of our run game.

Now we need to sign Birk.

General Zod
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Jim Kleinsasser has agreed to a 3 year deal with the Vikings..Woo.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2541

Kleinsausage!

the_legend_killer
02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes! "The Mountain Man" (as my dad calls him) returns!

General Zod
02-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Rams just signed Jason Brown.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941101

Im suddenly really nervous about what we are going to do for center next season. I just hope like hell we resign Birk.

Menardo75
02-28-2009, 01:48 AM
I really hope you guys get Housh. I really think Sage could be the answer.....

vikes_28
02-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Woo! Saucey is back! Yes I hope we do get Housh. He would be an amazing target for Sage Rosenfels, even though I didn't really agree with the trade. Rosenfels will also help Rice, who is a big Redzone target. But why am I saying all this **** when you already know it?

GET BIRK BACK

Heisman
02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
the vikings suck ass at free agency this year. triangle of authority: do something!

The Dynasty
02-28-2009, 11:42 AM
the vikings suck ass at free agency this year. triangle of authority: do something!

Well...

Vikings in Houshmandzadeh’s plans
February 28th, 2009 – 11:17 AM by Judd Zulgad

Two days ago Cincinnati free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh talked about how much he would like to play for the Vikings. Well, it looks as if he will at least visit with the team and it could happen today.

Houshmandzadeh’s agent, Kennard McGuire, said in a text message that “the Vikings are in [Houshmandzadeh’s] plans,” but gave no further details.

The Vikings have been trying to arrange a visit with Houshmandzadeh since Friday morning. He first made a stop in Seattle on Friday.

Houshmandzadeh, 31, is the top free-agent receiver on the market and has caught at least 90 passes in each of the past three seasons.

Houshmandzadeh was fourth in Pro Football Weekly’s rankings of the top 100 free agents. Last year, the Vikings signed Bernard Berrian to a six-year, $42 million deal that included a $16 million signing bonus.

Houshmandzadeh was asked during an ESPN interview Friday morning about teams that interested him. “I’m looking at teams I think have good coaches and good offensive lines and good running games,” Houshmandzadeh said. “I have no idea if those teams are interested in me. If I can play with Adrian Peterson, can you imagine what I would do getting one-on-one coverage with Adrian Peterson? I am going to win 98.6 percent of the time with one-on-one coverage with him in the backfield.”

Houshmandzadeh is reportedly looking for a deal of upward of $10 million per season.

So if he leaves Seattle today, He could be coming to Minnesota and Let's hope he doesn't want to leave and be wearing some purple haha.

The_Dude
02-28-2009, 11:49 AM
No thanks ~ Too much money.....

I know that Rice has been injury prone, but i'd like give him one more year opposite of Berrian to see if he can stay healthy & what he can do with an upgrade (even a slight one) at QB.

The Dynasty
02-28-2009, 11:54 AM
No thanks ~ Too much money.....

I know that Rice has been injury prone, but i'd like give him one more year opposite of Berrian to see if he can stay healthy & what he can do with an upgrade (even a slight one) at QB.

Spend the Money on a Proven guy in the NFL rather than wait and hope that Rice works out. I was excited when we drafted Sidney Rice, he is one of my favorite players on the vikings but he has been like what people have said he is a china doll. Very easy to break.

Gimme TJ Houshmandzadeh someone who could come in and help out right away and will give Sage/Tarvaris another target.

princefielder28
02-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Spend the Money on a Proven guy in the NFL rather than wait and hope that Rice works out. I was excited when we drafted Sidney Rice, he is one of my favorite players on the vikings but he has been like what people have said he is a china doll. Very easy to break.

Gimme TJ Houshmandzadeh someone who could come in and help out right away and will give Sage/Tarvaris another target.

That's the smart approach because you guys have a "win now" team and banking on a youngster staying healthy and developing rather than bringing in a proven veteran would be a questionable decision.

The_Dude
02-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I understand your points..... I wouldn't hate having TJ on our team, i just wouldn't want it to be a long-term thing.

Maybe its just because i thought Rice was such a steal when he was drafted & I have him on my FF Dynasty team! :)

vikes_28
02-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I want Housh on the vikings.

russie
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
i'm starting to get pissed. we waste a fourth rounder for sage, and the chiefs get cassel for a second rounder. the vikes havent done **** in free agency yet, but there is good news:

T.J. HEADING TO MINNESOTA
Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 12:09 PM
When free-agency opened on Friday morning, receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh gushed on ESPN about the possibility of playing with running back Adrian Peterson.

In such a situation, with eight defenders focused at all times on stopping Peterson, Houshmandzadeh would enjoy single coverage -- and he declared that he'd win that battle "98.6 percent of the time."

Houshmandzadeh might be getting his wish, to the chagrin of the guy who makes the name plates for the backs of the jerseys.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Houshmandzadeh is wrapping up a visit with the Seahawks and will make his way to Minnesota.

But Houshmandzadeh might have to temper his expectations. The market simply hasn't been there, likely due in part to his age (he'll turn 32 this year) and the concern that he's another Alvin Harper or Peerless Price -- a No. 2 wideout who can't become the No. 1 guy.

Houshmandzadeh also has been trying to generate interest in Philly. On Friday night, Derrick Gunn of Comcast Sports Net reported that talks collapsed once the team realized that the bargain supposedly being offered by Houshmandzadeh was actually more money than he was seeking from other teams.

So don't be surprised that the Vikings pass, unless Houshmandzadeh is willing to take less than whatever it was that he'd been hoping to earn.

Heisman
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
So if he leaves Seattle today, He could be coming to Minnesota and Let's hope he doesn't want to leave and be wearing some purple haha.

my prayers have been answered

FuzzyGopher
03-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Housh wants elite money but he is not an elite player. Plus he will be 32 to start the season, I am against giving him a massive deal. I like the idea of adding weapons for Jackson/Sage/insert crappy QB here, but it would be throwing money away to give him the contract that he wants.

vikes_28
03-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Housh wants elite money but he is not an elite player. Plus he will be 32 to start the season, I am against giving him a massive deal. I like the idea of adding weapons for Jackson/Sage/insert crappy QB here, but it would be throwing money away to give him the contract that he wants.

As am I giving him a massive deal. I don't want to see him getting a 5 year $40 mil a year contract. I'd more rather see 3 years, with $12 million. That would be a little bit more realistic for a #2 reciever who is aging. But when it comes down to it, we need another weapon. And TJ has to be the guy.

Vikes99ej
03-01-2009, 01:49 AM
I will welcome Housh will open arms.

The Dynasty
03-01-2009, 01:57 AM
I will welcome Housh will open arms.

Yeah I second that and As far as I know TJ Houshmandzadeh is still in Minnesota. Which I just get my updates from startribune.com

russie
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Vikings | May meet with Carr
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:13:19 -0800

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings may meet with unrestricted free-agent CB Chris Carr (Titans).

should help at least on special teams/returns

The Dynasty
03-01-2009, 04:22 PM
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2555

The Limo he arrived in has left but isn't headed for the airport supposedly so could mean he is a viking or could mean he is taking a different route.

russie
03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Houshmandzadeh remains in town
March 1st, 2009 – 4:31 PM by Judd Zulgad
Won’t get into too many specifics for security purposes, but free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is definitely going to remain in town for now. He and Vikings executives were just dropped off by the limo of which we have written so frequently today. What we don’t know is if negotiations are completed and Houshmandzadeh has agreed to terms or if talks are going to continue with the Vikings. Houshmandzadeh ended up spending about five-and-a-half hours at Winter Park today. Stay tuned and we’ll stay on it.

marshallb
03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow.

A text message to T.J. Houshmandzadeh’s agent asking if he still expects a decision tonight was greeted with a one word response.

“No,” agent Kennard McGuire wrote.

So it looks like a decision likely won’t come until tomorrow. Houshmandzadeh is going to spend the night in the Twin Cities and consider contract offers from the Vikings, Bengals and Seahawks. Presumably there will be an announcement tomorrow.

We’ll keep you posted on anything we hear throughout the night.

Source:Chip Scoggins Star Tribune

The Dynasty
03-01-2009, 06:58 PM
looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow.

Source:Chip Scoggins Star Tribune

Yeah I saw that, Sort of disappointed but something might change and he could sign..All we can do is speculate.

Also this came out from twincities.com

Hold on...

The agent for T.J. Houshmandzadeh said nothing would happen tonight.

"No decision tonight," agent Kennard McGuire said in a brief email.

All indications are, however, that the Vikings impressed him. Don't be surprised by a big press conference Monday.

vikes_28
03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Please God...

hagy34
03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Please God...

Please Please God. Give me a press conference!

The Dynasty
03-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Please Please God. Give me a press conference!

I agree with that but from what it looks unless he really wants to play for us he will have to take less money. Its rumored to be the Bengals to offer him more than 5 years 35 million and the Seahawks have offered him 3 years 25 million. According to the Star Tribune the vikings might be 2 million less than the Seahawks offer so If it comes to money which usually does I doubt he will be wearing purple but theres always Hope.

hagy34
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Well I don't think Housh will be a Viking. It sounds like he just wants the most money....something the vikes won't offer

The_Dude
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
REPORT: VIKINGS INTERESTED IN CUTLER
Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 1:46 p.m.
With Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler officially declaring that coach Josh McDaniels is no longer his “BFF,” the question becomes whether the Broncos will resume efforts to trade the disgruntled three-year pass-thrower.

Buried in an item from Mike Klis of the Denver Post is a disclosure that the Lions and the Vikings are interested in Cutler. (Presumably, the Buccaneers are still willing to talk turkey, too.)

The Lions already had been disclosed as a potentially interested team, but the Vikings are the eyebrow-raiser.

Though the Vikings already have traded for, and extended the contract of, quarterback Sage Rosenfels, a Cutler-Sage depth chart would look a lot better to Minnesota fans that the forgettable Tarvaris-Frerotte pairing of 2008 — not to mention the nightmarish Jackson-Holcomb-Bollinger revolving door from the prior season.

The question is whether the Vikes would pull the trigger, and what it would take to get Cutler from Denver. After sending a first-round pick and two third-round picks to Kansas City for defensive end Jared Allen last year, trading away another first-round pick would undermine the team’s ability to continue its effort to develop a nucleus of solid young players.

Then again, a quarterback can play for a long time, and franchise quarterbacks like Cutler rarely are available.

Meanwhile, Rosenfels’ three-year, $9 million deal doesn’t scream out “starter money,” which would give the Vikings the ability to pay Cutler.

And since he’s under contract for at least two more years (we’re assuming that 2011 is voidable), the Vikes would have time to get a long-term deal done, and in the interim would absorb manageable base salaries of $1.03 million and $1.42 million. (That said, there could be bonuses and escalators that drive up those numbers considerably.)

The question is whether the Vikings think they need both a franchise quarterback and a franchise running back. Based on the acquisition of Rosenfels, the answer apparently is, “No.” But with the career of coach Brad Childress hinging on what the team does in 2009, it makes sense to at least explore what it would take to pry Cutler away from the Broncos, especially at a time when Cutler is clamoring to get out.

While Rosenfels could take the Vikings to places they haven’t been in a long, long time, the chances of Cutler getting it done are considerably greater.

I think that i would lose my mind w/ playoff/superbowl expectations.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FuzzyGopher
03-02-2009, 01:53 PM
The Vikings reportedly have interest in free agent RT Mark Tauscher.

The Vikes have identified right tackle as their biggest need after getting Sage Rosenfels and courting T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Tauscher is coming off late-season ACL surgery, but he's expected to be ready by training camp.
Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

Yay, finally a move I would like to see happen. If we get him and re-sign Birk our o-line looks a lot better.

hagy34
03-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Cutler to Minnesota is almost impossible. No way we could put enough together to pry him away from Denver. Who on earth would Denver start at QB?

BuckNaked
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Cutler to Minnesota is almost impossible. No way we could put enough together to pry him away from Denver. Who on earth would Denver start at QB?

Sage Rosenfels!

The_Dude
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't care who'd start in Denver....

We would have to give up a lot, but i could be alright with that, especially giving up some draft picks.

I don't really think that it would happen, but just the thought of it is making me salivate!

And i really like the idea of Tauscher at RT

russie
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
well, since housh hasnt made a decision yet(at least not announced as of the time i type this), i hope he doesnt come to minnesota. all he cares about is getting the most money he can, even if it means getting 1 million more and going to a shittty team instead of 1 million less and going to a good team. f him. i say all speed ahead for cutler

Tobzilla
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
well, since housh hasnt made a decision yet(at least not announced as of the time i type this), i hope he doesnt come to minnesota. all he cares about is getting the most money he can, even if it means getting 1 million more and going to a shittty team instead of 1 million less and going to a good team. f him. i say all speed ahead for cutler

Not true, Cincy is actually offering him the most money. He wants to go to the team with the best playoff chances....which is why he'll sign with us.

princefielder28
03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Not true, Cincy is actually offering him the most money. He wants to go to the team with the best playoff chances....which is why he'll sign with us.

Expect him Seattle....He's from California, went to Oregon State, and Seattle has enough talent and plays in a weak enough division to be very competitive

russie
03-02-2009, 05:06 PM
seattle it is, like i said, f him, it was all about the money

Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year deal with the Seahawks, according to the National Football Post.
ESPN has picked up the report. Seattle was offering at least $2 million more than both the Vikings and Bengals. The Seahawks were also desperate for a durable wideout. Houshmandzadeh was a flanker in Cincinnati and that's Deion Branch's position in Seattle. Branch could now be moved to the slot or released, as it was rumored he might be in the winter.

Source: National Football Post

The_Dude
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
That's totally ok with me.

Bring on Holt!

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Any active Viking fan want to take my place in the NFLDC Group Mock Draft? we just started today and currently on the 5 pick. You may trade picks but not players. So vikings are up for grabs, you must be active.

vikes_28
03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I like the Holt idea. Maybe trade a 4th for him? Can I be the first to say no thanks to the cutler trade?

russie
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Can I be the first to say no thanks to the cutler trade?

you dont want a franchise qb? you just want to go with the same ol' also rans that cant do ****?

The_Dude
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I like the Holt idea. Maybe trade a 4th for him? Can I be the first to say no thanks to the cutler trade?

If we happen to have another 4th round pick lying around, I'd go for it!

vikes_28
03-03-2009, 08:41 AM
you dont want a franchise qb? you just want to go with the same ol' also rans that cant do ****?

No I simply don't want to give up our first round pick...again for a qb who hasn't proven much. The Allen trade I was fine with. But I love draft day, and I hate not seeing the Vikings use their first round pick :(

Does anyone think that Crabtree's stock will drop enough to the point where he would fall to the Vikings, or we could possibily trade up for him and not give up much? Just a thought, I saw a video from NFL.com that said him getting surgery might make his stock drop...It would be awesome to have a young amazing target IMO.

hagy34
03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
No chance crabtree falls. And honestly who cares about draft day. If we could get Cutler I would probably have a heart attack. I just don't see anyway that we could actually get a deal done.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-03-2009, 02:17 PM
you guys have any idea how much the Vikings value Birk? Say, if the Ravens sign him, we Birk give the Vikings a chance to match the offer? And will the Vikings take up on it?

Cause he's in bmore right now :D
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-birk0303,0,3917151.story

The_Dude
03-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I think that they don't value him as much as they should.

I think that Birk will try to get MN to match any offer that he is given. He wants to stay here more than they want him to.

No chance crabtree falls. And honestly who cares about draft day. If we could get Cutler I would probably have a heart attack. I just don't see anyway that we could actually get a deal done.

I couldn't agree more. The speculation and anticipation of the draft is great, but why not take a proven commodity rather than chance it in the draft. I'm sure that the impact of getting Jared Allen was far greater than the players that we would have drafted with those picks.

russie
03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
yay!!!!!

VIKES CUT CIURCIU
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:00 p.m.
The Minnesota Vikings have announced that linebacker Vinny Ciurciu has been released by the team.

Ciurciu was signed by the team in 2007 as a free agent, from the Panthers.

He was due to earn a base salary of $850,000 in 2009, the final year of his three-year contract.

Ciurciu appeared in 27 games in two seasons, with one start.

like i said before, f him. if he would have signed here, he would have been verbally polishing the vikes qb's knobs. all he is is a money hungry douche

HOUSHMANDZADEH DISSES VIKINGS’ QUARTERBACKS
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:25 p.m.
Newly-minted Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh told Dan Patrick on Tuesday that the former free agent would have given the Vikings more serious consideration if they had a better quarterback.

Though such sentiments might anger hard-core Vikings fans (making them possibly inclined to replace the first “H” in T.J.’s surname with a “D”), it’s the truth.

The Vikings are solid at most positions, and quarterback obviously isn’t one of them.

That said, we think that Houshmandzadeh has been speaking out of both sides of his mouth. As Rick Alonzo the the St. Paul Pioneer Press recently pointed out, Houshmandzadeh’s primary objective in free agency was to pursue the money.

By all appearances, he signed with the Seahawks because they were offering him the most of it. If the Vikings had come up with a better offer, T.J. would still be gushing about how he could beat one-on-one coverage “98.6 percent” of the time with a running back like Adrian Peterson on the field.

hagy34
03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't really expect Housh to have positive comments about our QB situation. It's not like he's the first person to point out that our QBs suck. I wish he would've signed here but I never expected us to even be in the running so its not a big loss. More importantly I'd like to hear what our plans are for Birk and where we stand with the Tauscher (sp?) talks.

vikes_28
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
yay!!!!!

VIKES CUT CIURCIU
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:00 p.m.
The Minnesota Vikings have announced that linebacker Vinny Ciurciu has been released by the team.

Ciurciu was signed by the team in 2007 as a free agent, from the Panthers.

He was due to earn a base salary of $850,000 in 2009, the final year of his three-year contract.

Ciurciu appeared in 27 games in two seasons, with one start.

like i said before, f him. if he would have signed here, he would have been verbally polishing the vikes qb's knobs. all he is is a money hungry douche

HOUSHMANDZADEH DISSES VIKINGS’ QUARTERBACKS
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:25 p.m.
Newly-minted Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh told Dan Patrick on Tuesday that the former free agent would have given the Vikings more serious consideration if they had a better quarterback.

Though such sentiments might anger hard-core Vikings fans (making them possibly inclined to replace the first “H” in T.J.’s surname with a “D”), it’s the truth.

The Vikings are solid at most positions, and quarterback obviously isn’t one of them.

That said, we think that Houshmandzadeh has been speaking out of both sides of his mouth. As Rick Alonzo the the St. Paul Pioneer Press recently pointed out, Houshmandzadeh’s primary objective in free agency was to pursue the money.

By all appearances, he signed with the Seahawks because they were offering him the most of it. If the Vikings had come up with a better offer, T.J. would still be gushing about how he could beat one-on-one coverage “98.6 percent” of the time with a running back like Adrian Peterson on the field.

haha doushmandzadeh!

bearsfan_51
03-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I remember when Bernard Berrian said he wanted to come to Minnesota to work with Tarvaris Jackson. His nose grew three inches mid-sentence.

General Zod
03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I hear Birk is in Baltimore now and is suppose to make a decision by the end of the week. I hope like hell re get him back, otherwise our center position will be f.u.b.a.r.

And I swear if Childress tries to play Ryan Cook at center, I will not watch a Vikings game all year.

russie
03-04-2009, 05:54 AM
BIRK TO DECIDE WEDNESDAY BETWEEN RAVENS AND VIKINGS
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 11:19 p.m. EST
As free-agent center Matt Birk wrapped up the first day of his visit with the Baltimore Ravens, he seems to be getting very close to resolving the situation.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Birk currently plans to make a decision between the Ravens and the Vikings on Wednesday.

If Birk leaves, it’ll be stunning. And, in a roundabout way, the situation could help grease the skids toward a departure of the team to Los Angeles.

Birk, a St. Paul native, is one of the most popular players on the team. There’s a perception that head coach Brad Childress doesn’t really care for Birk, and that the franchise is low-balling him.

So if Birk bolts for Baltimore, the Vikings will take a hit among the locals. And, politically, it’ll make it even harder to solve the problem of getting a new stadium built in Minnesota.

Hopefully for the Vikings, the guy who writes the checks will override Coach Chilly, and finally warm up to a guy who needs to be wearing a purple helmet with horns.

vikes_28
03-04-2009, 08:44 AM
I wanna see Childress play QB without Birk on that offensive line. Please Zygi, bring back Birk. I will cry if you don't :(:(:(

Vikes99ej
03-04-2009, 09:59 AM
So if Birk bolts for Baltimore, the Vikings will take a hit among the locals. And, politically, it’ll make it even harder to solve the problem of getting a new stadium built in Minnesota.

Why I hate ProFootballTalk.

hagy34
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
We need to resign Birk. I cannot figure out why we wouldn't. We haven't spent any money and there is no one on this team that can step in and play center. Hopefully they figure this out, I would understand if we were strapped for cash but that just isn't the case. He needs to end his career here in MN.

djp
03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
We need to resign Birk. I cannot figure out why we wouldn't. We haven't spent any money and there is no one on this team that can step in and play center. Hopefully they figure this out, I would understand if we were strapped for cash but that just isn't the case. He needs to end his career here in MN.

We actually like Sullivan a lot from what the Vikings beat writers were saying.

Birk has tailed off immensely over the past two seasons.

I hope we don't overpay.

Sometimes you just gotta move on.

Vikes99ej
03-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Either Sullivan or draft someone like Mack or Unger. I'd be more than fine with that.

russie
03-04-2009, 03:48 PM
BIRK TO BALTIMORE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 4:08 p.m.
A league source tells us that the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms with center Matt Birk.

Birk, a St. Paul native, had spent eleven years with the Vikings, arriving more than a decade ago as a sixth-round draft pick from Harvard, the same year that receiver Randy Moss joined the team as a rookie.

Birk was the last remaining link to the 1998 Vikings team, which won 15 regular-season games before losing the NFC title game to the Falcons.

By all appearances, he gave the Vikings every opportunity to sign him, but as the days passed and no deal was reached he decided to visit Baltimore.

Some thought it was a Kurt Warner-style leverage play, with Birk looking for an offer from Baltimore that he could shop back to the Vikings. (Birk apparently operates on a higher moral plane than that.)

That said, the decision had to be a tough one for Birk, who recently told David Fleming of ESPN The Magazine that he was anxious about uprooting his four small children and moving them halfway across the country.

And, as he told us three years ago, he wanted to stay in Minnesota: “I was born here, I’ll die here. I don’t want to leave.”

But leave he did.

FuzzyGopher
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx
The Ravens have agreed to a deal with free agent C Matt Birk, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Minnesota apparently hoped Birk would stay for a "hometown discount," but the Ravens secured the Harvard grad with what figures to be a 2-3 year deal. Birk will take over for Jason Brown, leaving Chris Chester to back up.

Wtf, can't say I agree with this move.

hagy34
03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
We better like Sullivan A LOT. If he doesn't pan out then we are going to be in trouble. Already a shaky right side, center problems would be big trouble for us. For a team that prides itself on pounding the football I don't like the idea of watching our franchise center walk.

FuzzyGopher
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Our superior quarterbacks will make up for any weakness on the offensive line.

hagy34
03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Our superior quarterbacks will make up for any weakness on the offensive line.

I just puked in my mouth.

The_Dude
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
******* Idiots.

I just don't understand this decision at all.

Yeah, he may have lost a step since his pro-bowl days, but our O-line situation is shaky enough. Now we have to replace our starting center, too?

Rosenfels will do really well with no time to throw the ball & no MN Moving Company to open things up for AD.

As i said before.... The Little General will be gone 2/3rds of the way through the season.

Hopefully

russie
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
anger. disappointment. rage. sadness.

these are all words that describe my feelings about dickless(sorry, childress) letting birk go. this man is a VIKING through and through. between his charity work and all the giving back to the community, he has been a stand up player, and an all pro. his play may have declined, but he is still by far the best center on the team. we have the cap room, so why the **** couldnt they get their heads out of their asses and get him locked up. this is a major FFUUCCKK up, and i think childress needs to be gone now.

russie
03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
that is just my two cents, and i needed a place to vent, so i figured why not here on the vikings board

The_Dude
03-04-2009, 06:23 PM
That's my major point of frustration, too.

If you are going to have this "culture of accountability"/good people over good players, why the hell would they let Birk go?

This guy epitomizes what the FO says that they want look for in a player and they let him walk?

As i said in the NFL board, this move is going to piss off a lot of the Vikings fans in MN. Good luck getting public support for a new stadium with moves like this.

russie
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/03/st-louis-rams-receiver-torry-holt-asks-for-his-release/

St. Louis Rams receiver Torry Holt asks for his release

Realizing he no longer fits in the team’s plans, seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt has asked for his release from the Rams, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday.

The Rams have been shopping Holt, 32, on the trade market, but so far there have been no takers. Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus on March 17, so it’s unlikely he will be a Ram beyond then.

But with free-agent wide receivers being signed daily around the NFL, and hundreds of millions of dollars already spent six days into free agency, Holt is seeking some closure to his time in St. Louis.

holt is only a year older than doushmanzeduh, any one think the f.o. of the vikes are watching this situation?

The_Dude
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Childress quote:

“The Minnesota Vikings thank Matt for all he did for the organization both on and off the field over the past 11 years,” Childress said. “Matt has done a great job and we wanted him to return to the Vikings in ’09, but at this point Matt wanted a change of scenery. We wish him the best and know that he will always be a part of the Vikings family. We look forward to playing Matt this upcoming season at the Metrodome.”

Change of scenery? I really don't think that is the truth. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Birk says.

Vikings4ever
03-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Baltimore Ravens have signed unrestricted free-agent C Matt Birk (Vikings) to a three-year deal worth $12 million. The contract includes $6 million in guarantees.

We let him go for 4 million a year? Crap.

vikes_28
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
******* morons. stupid *****. **** ******* pieces of ****. guh!

Tobzilla
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
As i said in the NFL board, this move is going to piss off a lot of the Vikings fans in MN. Good luck getting public support for a new stadium with moves like this.

I HIGHLY doubt that support for our new stadium rests on whether or not we resign Matt Birk. I think the economic status of our nation might have a little more to do with that.

I think everyone is overreacting. Sure, we all love Birk; he's a great guy, gives to charity, went to Harvard, yadda yadda yadda. Who cares about that, the fact remains that he's an aging Center who's performance ON THE FIELD has declined significantly over the past few seasons (pro bowl appearances mean nothing). This move reminds me of the way the Patriots run their organization, like a business. Plus, we still have FA and the Draft to improve our offensive line.

I don't know much about Sullivan, but we should trust our scouts and let him have a chance to prove himself. After all, we let Birk have that chance who was a sixth round pick himself.

The_Dude
03-05-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm not saying that losing Birk will be the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to the stadium. I'm saying that the fan base is getting fed up with this FO and the stupid things that they say and do. Birk is just one of many things that will push the Vikings fan base away from the idea of a new stadium.

Yes, i agree that the bleak economic outlook in this state is the #1 reason why they will not get a publically funded stadium.

Moves like not re-signing Birk, local athlete, will only make matters worse.

General Zod
03-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Its just hard for me to believe that they have that much faith in Sullivan yet, he has seen no playing time. Im not even sure if he has seen any pre season time either. If I remember right, didnt Birk see spot duty due to Jeff Christy being injured? So now Im really thinking Max Unger with our first pick. He can play center if needed and would also add depth on the line or maybe start on the right side if we fail to land Mark Tauscher.

vikes_28
03-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Where did Sullivan play college ball. +rep when you figure it out since i'm too lazy to find it myself.

marshallb
03-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Where did Sullivan play college ball. +rep when you figure it out since i'm too lazy to find it myself.

Notre Dame

FuzzyGopher
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I think everyone is overreacting. Sure, we all love Birk; he's a great guy, gives to charity, went to Harvard, yadda yadda yadda. Who cares about that, the fact remains that he's an aging Center who's performance ON THE FIELD has declined significantly over the past few seasons (pro bowl appearances mean nothing). This move reminds me of the way the Patriots run their organization, like a business. Plus, we still have FA and the Draft to improve our offensive line.

The bottom line for me is that we just got worse at the center position. We are supposed to be adding better players, not losing them.

Tobzilla
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
The bottom line for me is that we just got worse at the center position. We are supposed to be adding better players, not losing them.

Or you could say that we've gotten younger while saving money for future endeavors. C'mon, we'll be fine without Birk. This is the NFL, anyone is replaceable.

hagy34
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Somebody posted above about Holt. I think that Holt would be an OK fit here if he wanted to play for small contract. I read somewhere that he thinks he could get Coles money ($28 over 4?). I believe that is too much. If wanted to come here for a couple million per year over two years or so I wouldn't mind. I just don't see that happening though. We really need to have a sound draft with the lack of moves we've made. Our 1st round pick almost has to be an offensive lineman now.

russie
03-05-2009, 08:55 PM
more to add to our weak off season:

Vikings | Paymah expected to visit
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:41:03 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings are expected to meet with unrestricted free-agent CB Karl Paymah (Broncos) this weekend.

General Zod
03-05-2009, 11:06 PM
more to add to our weak off season:

Vikings | Paymah expected to visit
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:41:03 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings are expected to meet with unrestricted free-agent CB Karl Paymah (Broncos) this weekend.

um, WHO!? lol

russie
03-06-2009, 06:03 AM
um, WHO!? lol

just some god damn back up. dickless(sorry, childress) seems content with fixing none of the holes on the team with proven players

russie
03-06-2009, 06:19 AM
SOLUTION FOUND IN VIKINGS’ STADIUM IMPASSE?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2009, 7:11 a.m.
The Minnesota Vikings have been trying to get a new stadium in the Twin Cities area for a long time, at least a decade. Eventually, they’ll quit trying.

So with Governor Tim Pawlenty recently making it clear to owner Zygi Wilf that the project isn’t in line with the state’s current priorities and Ed Roski continuing to move forward with that “if they come, I will build it” venue in the Los Angeles area, things haven’t been looking good for an ongoing marriage between the 48-year-old franchise and the only home it’s ever known.

But maybe a breakthrough is on the horizon. Representative Tom Hackbarth, a Republican, is proposing a plan that would using revenues from a Twin Cities casino to fund the stadium.

The measure, requiring a Constitutional amendment, would be put to a public vote in 2010, and the Vikings would be required to sign a 30-year lease in the new facility.

“Let’s let the voters decide,” Hackbarth said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “I think this is a perfect solution.”

Unfortunately, Hackbarth floated a similar idea five years ago, and it went nowhere.

Making matters worse, the Vikings have yet to embrace the concept.

“We’re not advocating for a gaming situation,” Vikings exec Lester Bagley said. “[But] if that’s what the state leaders want to use, then let’s sit down. At least someone is thinking creatively.”

The person thinking most creatively — and aggressively — is Ed Roski. And while we’ve heard that the NFL isn’t genuinely interested in Roski’s plan due in large part to the fact that there isn’t another viable plan against which each can be leveraged, the fact remains that the Vikings are committed to the Metrodome for only three more seasons.

So whether it’s Los Angeles or San Antonio or Mexico City or London or somewhere else, the Vikings could be moving on and moving out in the not-too-distant future if folks in Minnesota don’t adjust their priorities, pronto.

The_Dude
03-06-2009, 06:37 AM
That's this FO's whole idea in free agency... finding some "diamonds inthe rough" while adding 1 or 2 big time players (Hutch, Berrian, Allen ~ i have to give them credit for going out to get these guys)

Granted, this has worked for the most part in terms of Leber & Taylor (anyone else that i am forgetting?), but i refuse to believe that this plan will be enough to push this team to the super bowl. There are too many gaping holes that need to be filled by above-average talent.

The_Dude
03-06-2009, 01:10 PM
What about the idea of trading some mid-round pick for Matt Leinart?

I'm not necessarily supporting the idea, just putting out some food for thought....

DHVF
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
What about the idea of trading some mid-round pick for Matt Leinart?

I'm not necessarily supporting the idea, just putting out some food for thought....
Hah, no Matt Leinart for me thank you very much. He's...how do you say this...terible

The_Dude
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
VIKINGS KEEP FARWELL
Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2009, 2:41 p.m. EST
The Minnesota Vikings are now 2-1 in the category of “unrestricted free agents we needed to keep.”

They’ve retained tight end Jim Kleinsasser, and now they’re reached an agreement with linebacker Heath Farwell, according to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Farwell, who at one point seemed to be possibly leaving, is finalizing his deal.

He is a key special-teams contributor and provides depth at linebacker.

For now, the only player to leave was center Matt Birk, whom many fans wanted the Vikings to keep. Birk signed with the Ravens earlier this week, and it’s an open question as to whether coach Brad Childress genuinely wanted to see Birk come back for a twelfth season.

This was pretty necessary from a special teams standpoint.

And no, i don't think that Leinart is the answer here either.

General Zod
03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah are coverage units need all the help they can get.

djp
03-06-2009, 11:37 PM
SOLUTION FOUND IN VIKINGS’ STADIUM IMPASSE?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2009, 7:11 a.m.
The Minnesota Vikings have been trying to get a new stadium in the Twin Cities area for a long time, at least a decade. Eventually, they’ll quit trying.

So with Governor Tim Pawlenty recently making it clear to owner Zygi Wilf that the project isn’t in line with the state’s current priorities and Ed Roski continuing to move forward with that “if they come, I will build it” venue in the Los Angeles area, things haven’t been looking good for an ongoing marriage between the 48-year-old franchise and the only home it’s ever known.

But maybe a breakthrough is on the horizon. Representative Tom Hackbarth, a Republican, is proposing a plan that would using revenues from a Twin Cities casino to fund the stadium.

The measure, requiring a Constitutional amendment, would be put to a public vote in 2010, and the Vikings would be required to sign a 30-year lease in the new facility.

“Let’s let the voters decide,” Hackbarth said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “I think this is a perfect solution.”

Unfortunately, Hackbarth floated a similar idea five years ago, and it went nowhere.

Making matters worse, the Vikings have yet to embrace the concept.

“We’re not advocating for a gaming situation,” Vikings exec Lester Bagley said. “[But] if that’s what the state leaders want to use, then let’s sit down. At least someone is thinking creatively.”

The person thinking most creatively — and aggressively — is Ed Roski. And while we’ve heard that the NFL isn’t genuinely interested in Roski’s plan due in large part to the fact that there isn’t another viable plan against which each can be leveraged, the fact remains that the Vikings are committed to the Metrodome for only three more seasons.

So whether it’s Los Angeles or San Antonio or Mexico City or London or somewhere else, the Vikings could be moving on and moving out in the not-too-distant future if folks in Minnesota don’t adjust their priorities, pronto.

Probably not going to happen, the American Indians in Minnesota support politicians a good amount and I don't think they want to lose that vote, and voting for this is going to make them very unhappy.

vikes_28
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Vikings fans are such die-hard fans. I don't see why they just don't go for it. The team can be in debt for a little bit. What team would they go for if they moved. I know I wouldn't be a Vikings fan anymore if they moved. They have always been my favorite team.

General Zod
03-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Scotts got the latest mock up. I got to say I like this MUCH better then the previous picks he had for the vikes. Britton makes sense there, I think Id like to go with Unger vs Britton, but I would be ok with it. I also like the Sean Smith pick in round 2(unless of course Alphoso Smith were to fall there, but I doubt it.)

The Dynasty
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Scotts got the latest mock up. I got to say I like this MUCH better then the previous picks he had for the vikes. Britton makes sense there, I think Id like to go with Unger vs Britton, but I would be ok with it. I also like the Sean Smith pick in round 2(unless of course Alphoso Smith were to fall there, but I doubt it.)

Yeah I do agree with what you've said as well as Scott. I would love to see Alphonso Smith fall to us in the 2nd but I wouldn't mind Sean Smith. He has height and would be a good cover 2 CB.

On the bad side...We re-signed Benny Sapp today...

russie
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Vikings | Sapp re-signed
Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:18:30 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have re-signed unrestricted free-agent CB Benny Sapp to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Sapp to return
March 9th, 2009 – 1:29 PM by Judd Zulgad The Vikings re-signed cornerback Benny Sapp to a one-year deal this weekend. The terms were not disclosed but Sapp is expected to make above the minimum of $620,000 for a six-year veteran. Sapp joined the Vikings as a free agent last offseason after spending his first four seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Sapp saw extensive time during the second half of the season when he played in the nickel defense after cornerback Charles Gordon suffered a season-ending injury. Sapp finished with 22 tackles, two interceptions and four pass breakups.

As for the visit that Vikings fullback Naufahu Tahi took to Cincinnati last week, I was told no offer has been made by the Bengals but the team does have interest in the restricted free agent. The Bengals have Packers fullback John Kuhn, another restricted free agent, in for a visit today.

Vikes99ej
03-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Sapp had some bright moments, but I remember yelling his name, followed by a profanity several times last year.

The Dynasty
03-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Sapp had some bright moments, but I remember yelling his name, followed by a profanity several times last year.

Yeah defiantly during that Chicago Bears vs Vikings on Sunday night when he threw a punch...that's how i remember him.

russie
03-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah defiantly during that Chicago Bears vs Vikings on Sunday night when he threw a punch...that's how i remember him.

yeah, but he followed that up with a great play, i dont remember if it was an int or a fumble return. i'm not pleased with the resigning, but then again it's better than doing nothing(which they've pretty much done so far)

BlueBandit24
03-10-2009, 12:22 PM

I'd be pretty happy if the draft played out that way. An upgrade at RT (who isn't) and a bigger corner who can push Griffin and offer depth, extremely important since both Winfield and Griffin are FA's after the year. Fills probably our two biggest needs and we wouldn't have to reach in terms of value to get them.

bored of education
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
wait a seconed,. is this thread title a mistake? The Vikings won their division? Where the **** have I been :(

JARED ALLEN > life

djp
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
wait a seconed,. is this thread title a mistake? The Vikings won their division? Where the **** have I been :(

JARED ALLEN > life

And the thread title will stay this way as long as we are still NFC North champs.

J. Allen is awesome, my birthday is in 10 days and the first thing on my list was a white #69 jersey.

I haven't had a Vikings jersey since my black Randy Moss jersey in 1999. The day my mom ruined that jersey in the wash was one of the worst days of my life. I loved that thing. Man it was sick

The Dynasty
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
And the thread title will stay this way as long as we are still NFC North champs.

J. Allen is awesome, my birthday is in 10 days and the first thing on my list was a white #69 jersey.

I haven't had a Vikings jersey since my black Randy Moss jersey in 1999. The day my mom ruined that jersey in the wash was one of the worst days of my life. I loved that thing. Man it was sick

Haha I had that jersey as well. I also had that bright Gold one they had out for him too. Although I do need a Jared Allen jersey and Winfield Jersey its pretty much the only two I'm missing. Also Happy Birthday in 10 Days.

bored of education
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Jared Allen is a god. I would make love to him if he was drunk enough.

DHVF
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
If he was drunk enough?

hagy34
03-11-2009, 12:33 AM

TMI. HAHAHAHAH

bored of education
03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
If he was drunk enough?

He would make love to me if he was drunk or sober. I am ******* hot!

vikes_28
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
He would make love to me if he was drunk or sober. I am ******* hot!

Yes...You are :D

russie
03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Vikings | Kennedy re-signed
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:53:54 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have announced they have re-signed unrestricted free-agent DT Jimmy Kennedy. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

General Zod
03-11-2009, 11:01 PM

The Minnesota Vikings have announced they have re-signed unrestricted free-agent DT Jimmy Kennedy. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Our uber off season continues. lol

vikes_28
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM

AWESOME! :D

The_Dude
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
BRYANT MCKINNIE AVOIDS TRIAL
Posted by Josh Alper on March 12, 2009, 2:11 p.m. EDT
Minnesota Vikings tackle Bryant McKinnie’s request to enter a pretrial diversion program was granted by the state of Florida and a judge on Wednesday. As a result, he will avoid a trial on charges stemming from a fight with a bouncer outside a Miami nightclub in February 2008.

He must complete 25 hours of community service, anger management sessions and avoid being arrested to fulfill the program’s conditions. His lawyer, Larry Kerr, said all four of the charges, including one felony, will be dismissed if he successfully navigates the program.

“Everyone involved is very happy that we were able to reach this amicable resolution, and everyone is ready to put this behind us and move on,” Kerr said. “I know that Bryant is very grateful to his family and friends, and his fans and the Minnesota Vikings for their support, throughout this ordeal.”

McKinnie served a four-game suspension during the 2008 season as a result of the nightclub incident. McKinnie, who turns 30 in September, is entering his eighth season with the Vikings.

Hooray?

russie
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
BRYANT MCKINNIE AVOIDS TRIAL

Hooray?

yeah, i dont really know how to feel about this one. if he would have gone to trial, he probably would have had to do jail time. i think if he had to do jail time, it might have been the straw/camel thing, and it might have sped up his departure from the team. he is a good tackle, but far from great, and i guess even good tackles are hard to find.

russie
03-12-2009, 04:17 PM
CARDINALS SHOPPING BOLDIN
Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2009, 3:59 p.m.
Kurt Warner might get to keep his $2 million, after all.

A league source tells us that the Arizona Cardinals are shopping receiver Anquan Boldin to potential trade partners.

Warner recently has suggested that he’d devote a portion of his salary to signing Boldin to a new contract. (We don’t think Warner really means it.)

Boldin, a six-year veteran, is signed through 2010. He has wanted for roughly a year a significant increase from his current range of $2.5 million to $3 million.

With teammate Larry Fitzgerald at $10 million per year, Boldin is believed to want at least $9 million annually.

Boldin previously has requested a trade. At one point after the Super Bowl, Boldin said that he would not sign a new deal with the Cardinals, and that he wanted to be dealt to a new team. More recently, he had softened in his position, expressing a willingness to consider a new long-term contract to stay with the team.

dibs?

from the rumors going around, we were trying to sign a far inferior, older player for around the same amount that boldin is wanting

The Dynasty
03-12-2009, 05:18 PM
dibs?

from the rumors going around, we were trying to sign a far inferior, older player for around the same amount that boldin is wanting

the only thing is that TJ would have came without giving up a pick in the draft. Were Boldin is going to atleast draw a Late 1st - 2nd round pick. I would like to see us atleast try but I don't expect Rick/Brad to trade a 2nd rounder and pay around 7 million a year or so.

The_Dude
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Kevin Shaffer, anyone?

I guess that i don't really know how good he is, i just guess that he would be an upgrade over Cook.... but that's not really saying much!

General Zod
03-13-2009, 12:17 AM
I could block better then Cook. :-)

russie
03-13-2009, 06:01 AM
Kevin Shaffer, anyone?

I guess that i don't really know how good he is, i just guess that he would be an upgrade over Cook.... but that's not really saying much!

i wouldnt mind him, he has always seemed like a decent player, plus he's young enough to have around for a few more years and make a tackle less of a priority in the draft

General Zod
03-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Minnesota Vikings say they're happy with their quarterbacks, even if Denver wants to trade Jay Cutler
Pioneer Press

Updated: 03/11/2009 09:55:50 PM CDT

Even if Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is available for trade, the Vikings aren't in on any deal, a little birdie said Wednesday.

The Vikings' plan remains to have Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson compete for the starting job in training camp. There are no plans for any trading or for free-agency signings. The defending NFC North Division champions plan next to improve through the draft.

So what are our chances of going after Tory Holt? lol

DHVF
03-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Minnesota Vikings say they're happy with their quarterbacks, even if Denver wants to trade Jay Cutler
Pioneer Press

Updated: 03/11/2009 09:55:50 PM CDT

Even if Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is available for trade, the Vikings aren't in on any deal, a little birdie said Wednesday.

The Vikings' plan remains to have Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson compete for the starting job in training camp. There are no plans for any trading or for free-agency signings. The defending NFC North Division champions plan next to improve through the draft.

So what are our chances of going after Tory Holt? lol
Don't worry its just Charlie Walters, the king of worthless fodder.

General Zod
03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Don't worry its just Charlie Walters, the king of worthless fodder.

oh then he should work for Foxsports then lol

russie
03-14-2009, 06:37 PM
VIKES WILL PAY PAYMAH’S RENT
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:27 p.m.
The “Paymah Rent” tour finally has ended.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, free-agent cornerback Karl Paymah has agreed to terms with the Vikings.

Paymah, who previously played for the Broncos, visited multiple teams before finally arriving in Minnesota.

So either he was tired of traveling, or the Vikings offered him more than any other team.

Paymah signed a one-year deal, and he plans to test the market again in 2010. He thinks that, with the coaching of defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and secondary coach Joe Woods, his career will take off.

“I got the talent,” Paymah said, “but not the guidance.”

But we hope that he’s getting good guidance from his agent. Before Karl presumes that he’ll launch another “Paymah Rent” tour in 2010, he needs to keep one important thing in mind: Absent a new CBA (or a clause in his contract promising that the team won’t try to hold him in place), Paymah will be only a restricted free agent next year, because he won’t have the requisite six years of service.

msealy2
03-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I think that getting Paymah will allow them to wait until at least the third round of the draft to help the CB position and focus on other areas; i.e. OT, DT, and WR, in the early rounds.

russie
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
call it foolish hope, but with the current rift in the relationship between cutler and denver, i keep having the thought that maybe, just maybe, our first rounder is going to denver, along with some of next years picks.

General Zod
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM
I think that getting Paymah will allow them to wait until at least the third round of the draft to help the CB position and focus on other areas; i.e. OT, DT, and WR, in the early rounds.

It seems more and more my dream of us drafting Alphonso Smith is slipping away lol.

and rep to you for your dream draft :-)

The Dynasty
03-14-2009, 11:49 PM
It seems more and more my dream of us drafting Alphonso Smith is slipping away lol.

and rep to you for your dream draft :-)

Yeah I will have to agree with that...Like msealy2 said it seems like we will be focusing on OT, C, DT, WR. As of right now with us picking 22nd I think the people that might be there will be Britton, Mack/Unger, Ron Brace, and For Wide Receiver maybe Harvin also Nicks and Britt.

1. Britton
2. Mack
3. one of the Receivers
4. Brace

Is how I would put were we would go as a team.

russie
03-15-2009, 10:34 AM
got some numbers and a scouting report on our new corner

Paymah agrees to deal with Vikings
March 14th, 2009 – 5:19 PM by Judd Zulgad
Cornerback Karl Paymah agreed to a one-year deal with the Vikings on Saturday, making him the first free agent from outside the organization to sign with the team this offseason. Paymah’s agent, Michael Hoffman, declined to give the terms of the deal but called it “a strong deal,” that is “reflective of the interest that there was in him.”

Update: The contract is worth $1.55 million and, according to a report on ESPN.com, includes another potential $500,000 in incentives.

Paymah, who spent the past four seasons with Denver, also visited Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Cleveland and San Francisco. Asked what sold his client on Minnesota, Hoffman said: ”The coaching staff was a big factor in his decision. Just how he connected wtih the coaches, the scheme, their plan. He was torn, though. He was going back and forth with Tampa and at one point it looked as though he was on the next flight to Tampa but when it came down to it I think the visit he had in Minnesota and Rick Spielman’s relentless pursuit of him and some of the other factors of the deal made him a Viking.”

Paymah likely will compete with Benny Sapp for a job in the nickel defense. Sapp signed a one-year deal to return to the Vikings this week. “I think he’s going to come in and expects to be a key contributor, but at the same time he understands they have great players and people to learn from,” Hoffman said of Paymah. “But he’s looking forward to coming in and making a big impact in whatever way possible. I expect him to showcase what he can do and be a big contributor for the Vikings.”

Paymah started two games for the Broncos last season and has made five regular-season starts in his career. He also has three interceptions, all in the past two seasons.

The scouting report

Was looking for some scouting information on Karl Paymah and found this from Scouts, Inc. from 2005 when Paymah was coming out of Washington State. He went in the third round that year to Denver. Here it is:

Strengths: Is a big, experienced, physical and confident cornerback. Has very good timed speed, is a “workout warrior” and has upside. Has experience in press coverage, both in man and zone schemes. Does a good job with his press technique. Will smother receivers at the line of scrimmage and take them out of their routes. Is adept in a cover-2 look at funneling receivers inside. Has adequate awareness and recognition skills in zone coverage. Also does a very good job of protecting himself in man-coverage and won’t give up many big plays. Is tough and effective in run support, and is experienced and productive on special teams.

Weaknesses: Doesn’t play as fast as his 40-time would indicate. Has great agility drill times but looks somewhat stiff on film. Seems to lack some natual athleticism. Loses too much in transition when turning and running. Does not have great ball skills, either. Knocks down a lot of passes but doesn’t show great hands or confidence when going for the interception. Seems to have some trouble locating the ball over his shoulder.

russie
03-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Vikings | Showing interest in Weaver
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:28:54 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are showing interest in unrestricted free-agent FB Leonard Weaver (Seahawks), according to a league source.

i'm for it, weaver will be a huge upgrade over tahi

General Zod
03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Vikings | Showing interest in Weaver
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:28:54 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are showing interest in unrestricted free-agent FB Leonard Weaver (Seahawks), according to a league source.

i'm for it, weaver will be a huge upgrade over tahi

Isnt he more of a RB though? I think the knock on the guy was his blocking abilities. And yes, I am all for getting an upgrade over Tahi.

Heisman
03-15-2009, 01:22 PM
got some numbers and a scouting report on our new corner

Strengths: Is a big, experienced, physical and confident cornerback. Has very good timed speed, is a “workout warrior” and has upside. Has experience in press coverage, both in man and zone schemes. Does a good job with his press technique. Will smother receivers at the line of scrimmage and take them out of their routes. Is adept in a cover-2 look at funneling receivers inside. Has adequate awareness and recognition skills in zone coverage. Also does a very good job of protecting himself in man-coverage and won’t give up many big plays. Is tough and effective in run support, and is experienced and productive on special teams.

Weaknesses: Doesn’t play as fast as his 40-time would indicate. Has great agility drill times but looks somewhat stiff on film. Seems to lack some natual athleticism. Loses too much in transition when turning and running. Does not have great ball skills, either. Knocks down a lot of passes but doesn’t show great hands or confidence when going for the interception. Seems to have some trouble locating the ball over his shoulder.

thats interesting, he sounds like Cedric Griffin 2.0

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Now is our chance. Trade the whole 2009 draft for Cutler!

BlueBandit24
03-15-2009, 07:57 PM

I have to agree. I think it comes down to OT or WR at this point unless a great value falls to them. I can't claim to know much about Paymah but from what I've read I'm pretty happy about the signing. He should offer good depth and has upside beyond that, and it looks like he's a contributor on special teams which is clearly an area that needed to be upgraded. Hopefully he and Farwell's return can improve that abysmal unit.

vikes_28
03-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Gentalmen...

I had a dream last night that the Vikings were pursuing McNabb. Truth or Fiction?

I'm going nuts...

General Zod
03-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Gentalmen...

I had a dream last night that the Vikings were pursuing McNabb. Truth or Fiction?

I'm going nuts...

Fiction

I have a feeling we will be going into the season with Jackson/Rosenfel/Booty at QB.

Childress will once again give T-Jack every chance to start at QB.

And hopefully will lead to the firing of him.

General Zod
03-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Well I heard the Bengals have signed Tahi to an offer sheet. Im thinking since Tahi is one of "Childress's guys" That we match the offer.

vikes_28
03-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey everyone wish DJP a happy birthday.

General Zod
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Vikings sign starting CB Griffin to contract extension

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Minnesota Vikings have signed cornerback Cedric Griffin to a contract extension, the team announced on Friday. Terms of the extension were not disclosed.

"We are glad to have Cedric as our right cornerback going forward," said Vikings coach Brad Childress. "He is an aggressive, physical, contact football player, whose best football is in front of him."

Griffin, a second-round pick in 2006 out of Texas, has played a major role in providing run support from the secondary and helping establish the Vikings as the NFL's top run defense in each of the last three seasons. He has started 38 of the 46 games he has played in with 223 total tackles, 170 solo tackles, three interceptions, 42 passes defensed and sseven forced fumbles in his career.

The fourth-year veteran is coming off a career season in 2008, when he led the Vikings secondary and ranked second on the team with 91 tackles, had 14 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and one interception. He also recorded five solo tackles and had an interception in the Vikings' playoff game against Philadelphia.

The Dynasty
03-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Vikings sign starting CB Griffin to contract extension

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Minnesota Vikings have signed cornerback Cedric Griffin to a contract extension, the team announced on Friday. Terms of the extension were not disclosed.

"We are glad to have Cedric as our right cornerback going forward," said Vikings coach Brad Childress. "He is an aggressive, physical, contact football player, whose best football is in front of him."

Griffin, a second-round pick in 2006 out of Texas, has played a major role in providing run support from the secondary and helping establish the Vikings as the NFL's top run defense in each of the last three seasons. He has started 38 of the 46 games he has played in with 223 total tackles, 170 solo tackles, three interceptions, 42 passes defensed and sseven forced fumbles in his career.

The fourth-year veteran is coming off a career season in 2008, when he led the Vikings secondary and ranked second on the team with 91 tackles, had 14 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and one interception. He also recorded five solo tackles and had an interception in the Vikings' playoff game against Philadelphia.

Yeah I just saw this on rotoworld.com but I feel that we should have focused on Winfield..He becomes a Free Agent after this season and with the year he had last year we should have got him to sign an extension rather than Griffin.

The_Dude
03-21-2009, 09:13 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/20/winfield-next-for-vikings/

WINFIELD NEXT FOR VIKINGS?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2009, 9:14 p.m.
With starting cornerback Cedric Griffin signed to a contract extension, the next target for the Vikings could be cornerback Antoine Winfield, whose six-year deal expires after the coming season.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Winfield hopes to get something done sooner rather than later.

“I want to finish my career with the Vikings,” Winfield said. “The last five years, I’ve been in Minnesota, and I love my teammates. My kids like their friends and the school system.”

(Uh-oh. The Vikes already are calculating the Matt Birk “hometown discount.”)

“I definitely want to end my career in Minnesota, so hopefully we’ll get something done sometime this year, so we can make that happen,” Winfield said.

Another factor working against Winfield is that he’ll be 32 in June.

“Everyone wants to talk about that age,” said Winfield. “But it’s about production. If I’m producing like a 23- or 24-year-old, I deserve to get paid like that.”

Winfield, who made it to his first Pro Bowl after the 2008 season, says he won’t be skipping offseason workouts in order to prove a point.

“I had a great season and I’m definitely planning to do everything I did last year, like all the OTAs and minicamps,” Winfield said. “Hopefully, I can duplicate the things I did last year"

Well, hopefully Florio is right on this one. I still think that signing Winfield as a FA was one of the best moves that this organization has made in free agency.

According to Star Trib, the Griffin deal is 3 years. The guy can tackle, but the problem is that he's tackling guys because they catch the ball in the 8-yard cushion that he has to give everyone. Hopefully he can step it up on the coverage a bit....

General Zod
03-21-2009, 12:21 PM
GM Smith confirms trying to deal Kassim Osgood.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/20/1s21chargers-osgood-trading-block182532/?chargers

I think this guy would be worth a late pick for us. He could give our special teams unit a kick in the ass since he is a 2 time special teams pro bowler. Id be ok with giving up our 4th round pick or later.

The_Dude
03-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I agree. That is exactly what i was thinking when i saw that. Do it.

russie
03-21-2009, 05:28 PM
we dont have our fourth anymore, that went for sage rosenfail. it would have to be for a fifth or later

General Zod
03-22-2009, 01:36 PM
we dont have our fourth anymore, that went for sage rosenfail. it would have to be for a fifth or later

lol

epic rosenFAIL!

Vikes99ej
03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah, we definitely need to get Winfield signed to something.

russie
03-23-2009, 05:55 AM
they are already on it

Vikings | Have had discussions with Winfield’s agent
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:46:13 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have had discussions with CB Antoine Winfield's agent, Ashanti Webb, about a long-term deal. Winfield said he wants to be "proactive" rather than wait for free agency. Winfield is entering the last year of his contract.

russie
03-23-2009, 05:58 AM
i've been down with a toothache for a while, so here are some "headlines" some of you might have missed

Vikings | Spielman attends Florida Pro Day
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:43:36 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman attended the Pro Day at the University of Florida.

Vikings | Will work out Harvin
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:12:26 -0700

Jeremy Fowler, of the South Florida SunSentinel, reports University of Florida WR Percy Harvin said he has a private workout scheduled with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings | Loadholt expected to visit
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:48:32 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are expected to meet with University of Oklahoma OT Phil Loadholt next month, according to Scout.com.

The_Dude
03-23-2009, 06:45 AM
5 years ~ $25 for Griffin

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-9-103/Stop-the-presses--Griffin-contract-numbers-in.html

vikes_28
03-23-2009, 08:53 AM
5 years ~ $25 for Griffin

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-9-103/Stop-the-presses--Griffin-contract-numbers-in.html

oh my god...That is a lot of money. I just puked in my mouth when I saw that Harvin article. No thank you sir.

russie
03-24-2009, 05:54 AM
Vikings | Tahi earns extra money
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:32:40 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Naufahu Tahi earned an additional $159,618 through the NFL's performance-based pay system.

Vikings | Cook earns extra money
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:32:05 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings C Ryan Cook earned an additional $188,832 through the NFL's performance-based pay system.

Vikings | Griffin earns extra money
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:31:47 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Cedric Griffin earned an additional $210,748 through the NFL's performance-based pay system.

Vikings | Edwards earns extra money
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:31:29 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings DE Ray Edwards earned an additional $221,322 through the NFL's performance-based pay system.

vikes_28
03-24-2009, 09:06 AM
great news boys, apparently AD is rumored to be on the cover of madden 2010

djp
03-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Ryan Cook earned a bonus?

For what?

And I thought Big Ben was on the cover of Madden 2010.

I can't believe Griffin got 5/25...

jimmylishis
03-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Ryan Cook earned a bonus?

For what?

he did get some great jumps off the ball and he had some great blocks...

the only problem is that they were before the snap :D

russie
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
i know a lot of you are going to ***** that it's not a need, but:

Receiver scheduled to visit
March 25th, 2009 – 8:56 AM by Chip Scoggins While we’re waiting for Brad Childress’ media session to conclude in California and hopefully receiving the transcript soon thereafter, thought I would pass along an item from Scout.com that reports Maryland wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey is scheduled to visit the Vikings on April 8-9.

Vikings wide receivers coach George Stewart attended Heyward-Bey’s pro day workout a few weeks ago.

i think it might be a good idea to take him if he is there at 22. tackle is a need, but we still dont need to reach for one in that spot, corner is some what a need, but with the signing of payhma(sp?), it isnt as high as before.

hagy34
03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
great news boys, apparently AD is rumored to be on the cover of madden 2010

Pretty sure Big Ben is on the cover this year.

hagy34
03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
i think it might be a good idea to take him if he is there at 22. tackle is a need, but we still dont need to reach for one in that spot, corner is some what a need, but with the signing of payhma(sp?), it isnt as high as before.

WR is a need and I wouldn't mind taking a guy in Rd 1 but I don't think DHB is a good idea. We already have a deep threat in Berrian and I would like someone who doesn't have the "Bust Factor". Obviously anyone drafted could bust but this guy is being talked about just because of his speed, we've gone down that road once and look how that ended up. Drafting Troy Williamson part 2 would seriously hurt this franchise. We cannot afford another mistake like that.

Vikes99ej
03-25-2009, 06:26 PM
I think we may have to look at CB or WR if the OTs jump as high as they did last year.

vikes_28
03-26-2009, 08:25 AM
apparently Britton is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd...No thanks.

marshallb
03-26-2009, 08:41 AM
apparently Britton is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd...No thanks.

Where have you read that, did you get that from Scott's scouting report, because he even said that he thinks that he will be taken in the first round, but he doesn't have him as one of his top 32 players.

vikes_28
03-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah I saw it on scotts report.

russie
03-26-2009, 09:12 AM
god damn it, we will never get a good qb:

Report: Vikings Pulled Out Of Cutler Talks Last Month
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2009, 10:42 p.m.
As the effort continues to identify teams that might be interested in trading for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, one of the franchises presumably on the short list reportedly opted to bow out last month.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, the Vikings were involved in three-team talks that would have brought Cutler to Minnesota.

But the Vikings bowed out because, as Robinson writes, “some elements in the Minnesota coaching staff weren’t entirely sold on Cutler.”

It’s not surprising. Vikings coach Brad Childress had a front-row seat in Philly for the delicate genius known as Donovan McNabb. And then, upon arriving in Minnesota, Childress and incumbent quarterback Daunte Culpepper got into a nasty pissing match before Culpepper was traded.

So Childress surely wouldn’t want Cutler.

And if the Vikings felt that way last month, they undoubtedly feel even more strongly about it now, given the extent to which Cutler has exposed the flesh of his rump to the rest of the league.