PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Crazy_Chris
06-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Kenechi Udeze returning is great news. It will take time to get back into playing shape but he will bring a ton of motivation to the entire team. Scary, really, now that Allen is in and the secondary addes some help.

Sidney Rice . . . who? lol. Like a 3rd WR will see many touches in the Vikes offense. :rolleyes:

I think Sidney will end up as the 2nd WR instead of 3rd WR. From what I have read Percy Harvin will be in the slot most the time when he is on the field as a WR this season. So that leaves Bobby Wade and Sidney to compete for the #2 spot across from Berrian. A healthy Sidney Rice could definatly end up winning that competition. Atleast he had better win or he really won't see many touches out of the #4 spot.

General Zod
06-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Idk, Bobby Wade was actaully pretty reliable last season. Healthy is the key word with Sidney. I think its do or die for him this year.

hagy34
06-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I think Sidney will end up as the 2nd WR instead of 3rd WR. From what I have read Percy Harvin will be in the slot most the time when he is on the field as a WR this season. So that leaves Bobby Wade and Sidney to compete for the #2 spot across from Berrian. A healthy Sidney Rice could definatly end up winning that competition. Atleast he had better win or he really won't see many touches out of the #4 spot.

Even if he is the 2nd WR he still won't see the ball that often. Berrian and Harvin will see the majority of the targets with most of our offense coming through AD and Chester.

Vikings4ever
06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflsuspensions-williames&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lawyers for the NFL say the league won’t try to enforce its four-game suspension of Minnesota Vikings Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for their use of a banned substance for the moment.

Attorneys for the Williamses and the NFL appeared Tuesday before Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson as the star defensive tackles fight their four-game suspensions.

The Dynasty
06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflsuspensions-williames&prov=ap&type=lgns

So far so good, Lets just hope they win this.

Crazy_Chris
06-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Idk, Bobby Wade was actaully pretty reliable last season. Healthy is the key word with Sidney. I think its do or die for him this year.

Yea it will be an interesting battle, I agree Wade is more reliable right now. But I think Sidney could win while be slightly worse simply because he is young and they will want to give him a chance to develop into a starter. I also agree this is a make or break year for Sidney Rice, hopefully he stays healthy.

Even if he is the 2nd WR he still won't see the ball that often. Berrian and Harvin will see the majority of the targets with most of our offense coming through AD and Chester.

It's difficult to gage how much they will target Percy Harvin in the passing game as of right now. There is a reason that most rookie WRs don't perform very well. Rookie WRs have some stuff he needs to adjust to and there is no way to tell how quickly Harvin will make the adjustment. I think right now aout 30 Rec is what Harvin will have, and our #2 WR wether it be Sidney Rice or Bobby Wade will get 40-50 Rec.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Lawyers for the NFL say the league won’t try to enforce its four-game suspension of Minnesota Vikings Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for their use of a banned substance for the moment.

Attorneys for the Williamses and the NFL appeared Tuesday before Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson as the star defensive tackles fight their four-game suspensions.

The league really does not want to take a chance that they lose this case. I think if they can't get it out of MN State courts they will settle with Kevin and Pat Williams.

General Zod
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
shhhhhhhh.....

quiet everyone..please.

:-)

FlyingElvis
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
You shhhhhh.

Everybody is hibernating for the summer until the season starts.

The Dynasty
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
According to sources, Viking staff members to travel to Mississippi to work with Brett Favre. John Clayton is saying if the Shoulder/Arm is feeling well this is pretty much a done deal and Favre will be signing sometime in July.

pete_norm
06-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Well, after last night's interview with Joe Buck, it really looks like Favre will be in Purple in september... I'm still not sure i like it, but i guess i'll have to stop fighting it and accept it. I now cross my fingers that his presence doesn't destroy the team spirit.

The Dynasty
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Vikings beat writer Judd Zulgad would not be surprised if Tarvaris Jackson was the quarterback let go in the event of a Brett Favre signing.
Jackson is a personal favorite of Brad Childress, but he's entering the final year of his contract. The Vikes would have Sage Rosenfels backing up Favre and John David Booty as a developmental type. An available Jackson would be an upgrade on several backup situations around the league.

I much rather have Tarvaris Jackson on the bench to back up Favre rather than Sage.

russie
06-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I much rather have Tarvaris Jackson on the bench to back up Favre rather than Sage.

i second that

FlyingElvis
06-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Well, after last night's interview with Joe Buck, it really looks like Favre will be in Purple in september... I'm still not sure i like it, but i guess i'll have to stop fighting it and accept it. I now cross my fingers that his presence doesn't destroy the team spirit.

I'm with you, but I'm less worried about him having a negative affect on team chemistry & spirit. Mostly I just think he sucks at this point in his career and don't really consider him an upgrade. He's always made questionable choices, but he no longer has the arm strength to get away with it unscathed.

vikes_28
06-19-2009, 11:12 AM

I agree with that. Because evertime a Vikings qb leaves because they found someone better they always end up doing better. Jackson is way better than rosenfels

yo123
06-19-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm going to disagree. Sage is far from great and is interception prone, but at least he can move the chains somewhat consistently and hit the open receiver, something that I have yet to see from Jackson. The only thing T-Jack has on Sage is athleticism and running ability.

The Dynasty
06-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm going to disagree. Sage is far from great and is interception prone, but at least he can move the chains somewhat consistently and hit the open receiver, something that I have yet to see from Jackson. The only thing T-Jack has on Sage is athleticism and running ability.

That is the main reason why I dont want sage. His Interception problem. We turned the ball over enough last year we don't need any help in that. From the notes of the OTA's Sage has thrown a lot of interceptions. Also he has to learn the system which Tarvaris should know by now. He just needs to gain confidence.

Either way I don't feel that great about it anyways..We need a true Starting QB..Like Pennington or even Campbell who are FA's Next year.

vikes_28
06-19-2009, 09:04 PM
That is the main reason why I dont want sage. His Interception problem. We turned the ball over enough last year we don't need any help in that. From the notes of the OTA's Sage has thrown a lot of interceptions. Also he has to learn the system which Tarvaris should know by now. He just needs to gain confidence.

Either way I don't feel that great about it anyways..We need a true Starting QB..Like Pennington or even Campbell who are FA's Next year.

Pennington will be resigned next year. But Campbell is someone I could see playing qb for us. especially if Chilly dog gets fired. Leslie Frazier ftw!

The Dynasty
06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Pennington will be resigned next year. But Campbell is someone I could see playing qb for us. especially if Chilly dog gets fired. Leslie Frazier ftw!

I read somewhere a while back that the Dolphins want to start Henne in 2010.

Yeah I would take Campbell..He hasnt been given a fair shot really. He has never had a stable offense scheme.

yo123
06-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I agree on Campbell, the tools are definitely there and he has shown a lot of promise in the games I've watched him, although I know a lot of Skins fans are down on him.

russie
06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
.Favre Already Under Contract With Vikings?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2009, 3:10 p.m.
As we prepare to join the NBC family, we’re making a conscious effort to get back to our roots.

Sure, we spend a lot of time commenting on news either broken by others or announced by the teams or the league. But we built our following primarily because we can get stuff that others don’t have — and because we can (and will) post rumors, without adhering to the two-source nonsense that paralyzes the flow of information about sports.

We caught wind this morning of a tip from a very unusual source. A member of the military — an officer serving in Afghanistan — contacted us with two eyebrow-raising-nuggets that had made their way to him on the other side of the globe, from credible sources.

We pondered using it even without corroboration under the thinking that, if a guy in harm’s way would get a thrill by fooling us into using a Bradshaw-Is-Dead-style rumor, then we’d be glad to give him that thrill in exchange for the sacrifices he’s making for the rest of us.

Because, however, we’ll soon be working with a legitimate media organization (or, as the case may be, undermining its legitimacy), we decided to poke around a bit.

After hitting a dead end, we got in touch with a source who would know the truth. The source explained that no information could be given, adding “I will not deny it either, I will leave it at that.”

So with that extended preface (you can wake up now, by the way), let’s get to the meat.

The rumor that the source would neither confirm nor deny is that the Vikings already have signed Brett Favre, and that the team and Favre are waiting to release the news.

If accurate, this means that the Vikings have a signed contract that they have yet to submit to the league office. Setting aside for now the question of whether league rules permit such tactics, it puts into perspective recent developments such as Favre’s use of “we” when discussing the matter with Artie Lange’s ******, the visit by a Vikings trainer to Favre to check on his arm, and reports that coach Brad Childress wanted to see Favre participate in some of the offseason workouts.

These details all make much more sense if Favre already is a member of the team.

The other bit of information, which we also posed to the source who declined to confirm or deny the rumor, is that the Vikings already have green-lighted the production by Reebok of purple jerseys bearing the number 4 — and the five-letter name that isn’t pronounced like it’s spelled.

None of this news should be regarded as earth shattering, but it’s the clearest sign yet that, come early 2010, Favre will be conducting his third annual retirement press conference.

awfullyquiet
06-21-2009, 10:36 PM
let the constant preemptive dick-sucking party begin!

yo123
06-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Brett Favre is still a douchebag. I don't care if he leads us to a Super Bowl I'll still hate that ******.

The Dynasty
06-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Brett Favre is still a douchebag. I don't care if he leads us to a Super Bowl I'll still hate that ******.

That is quoted for the truth. He has been the number one player I have disliked for 10+ years and one year will not change it. If he leads us to the Super Bowl then that's great but I will not change my mind on him.

General Zod
06-22-2009, 12:45 AM
And although I think that he'll give us a better chance to win then Jackson or Rosenfel.

When Favre signs with the Vikes.....

I will just feel dirty.

superman8456
06-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Honestly, I think Tavaris Jackson was your best option last year. I think he was pulled a little prematurely.

I have been rooting for this guy since the beginning, maybe thats why I think this though.

wogitalia
06-22-2009, 04:00 AM
I just don't like the Favre signing if/when it happens.

A) He is the figure head of the enemy.

B) He is a dickhead, an egotistical one at that and even if he hadn't played for GB I would still strongly dislike him.

C) He isn't that good anymore anyway and is just an unneeded distraction.

So in short, I don't like it. He would be my least favourite player in the league, right up there with that whiny ***** Cutler who ironically seems to want to be a lot like Favre.

I think I would almost rather lose with Sage/TJ than win with Favre, anything short of a Superbowl win and I will just hate Favre more.

princefielder28
06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Honestly, I think Tavaris Jackson was your best option last year. I think he was pulled a little prematurely.

I have been rooting for this guy since the beginning, maybe thats why I think this though.

I saw several Vikings' games last season and Tavaris was not derserving of the starting spot and a player like Gus was their best option. Tavaris has yet to learn that you need to take what defense gives you and you can place the ball in a spot where there is no opening. He also lacks sound fundamentals yet. There's a reason why they keep bringing borderline starting caliber QBs in, and that is due to Jackson not being entirely but Childress holding out hope that he will find his way.

TitleTown088
06-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Barring some unforeseen major physical setback, Brett Favre will be at training camp in Mankato when they open up the end of July, a source has told WCCO's Mark Rosen.

That source said that Favre and the Vikings have indeed come to a contractual agreement, with heavy incentives. The Vikings equipment manager has already ordered number 4 purple jerseys with his name on it.

Damn you guys.

The_Dude
06-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Hooray!

I am glad that we don't have to rely on T-Jack or RosenFAILS...

BuckNaked
06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Rumor has it that we may sign Marvin Harrison

The Dynasty
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Rumor has it that we may sign Marvin Harrison

I saw that earlier. As long as he can come in and compete at the same level he has done in the pass than I'm all for it.

FlyingElvis
06-26-2009, 09:38 AM
He would push Rice for the #3 spot but Marvin really has nothing left. If he can't look decent w/Peyton throwing to him there is nothing left.

Still not a bad guy to have around though.

B-rand
06-26-2009, 12:32 PM
What the heck is with this old man parade of rumors? I'm pretty content with our WR's after the addition of Percy. I mean a 40 year old QB is one thing, but a 37 year old WR on top of that!?

Dr. Gonzo
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I am really hoping this means Childress' job is on the line. I think he knows he needs to at least win a game in the playoffs to keep his job and he is doing whatever it takes to win now.

vikes_28
06-27-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't see a problem with signing Harrison, he may have lost a step, but he still has the hands. Think of Favre throwing to Harrison. I just jizzed myself.

yo123
06-27-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't see a problem with signing Harrison, he may have lost a step, but he still has the hands. Think of Favre throwing to Harrison. I just jizzed myself.

If only we had that connection 10 years ago.

But yeah as long as he comes cheap which he should, I have no problem with picking him up.

The_Dude
06-27-2009, 06:37 PM

I thought that you were against signing Favre.... I think that you said "**** favre, **** chilly, and **** the vikings" in the other Favre thread.

I'm not ragging on you, i'm just wondering what got you on board with this.

BuckNaked
06-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I like Favre as a one year stop gap for my current collegiate man crush quarterback Jake Locker.

vikes_28
06-28-2009, 01:46 AM
I thought that you were against signing Favre.... I think that you said "**** favre, **** chilly, and **** the vikings" in the other Favre thread.

I'm not ragging on you, i'm just wondering what got you on board with this.

I'm against Favre living. However, I still do think it would be epic to see two greats at their positions in purple.

The Dynasty
06-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks like we drafted a player who is always ill...

Harvin leaves rookie symposium due to illness
June 29th, 2009 – 7:06 PM by Judd Zulgad

Vikings first-round wide receiver Percy Harvin was sent home from the NFL rookie symposium after becoming ill, according to NFL.com.

Harvin reported for the start of the event Sunday afternoon in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, but after notifying the medical staff he was not feeling well, they suggested he return home. Organizers of the symposium officially excused Harvin; all 256 draft picks had reported Sunday, according to those who run the symposium.

Harvin, the 22nd pick in the draft in April, also missed a Vikings’ mandatory rookie minicamp in early May after he became so ill during a layover in Atlanta that he was hospitalized. Harvin, who had been traveling from Florida was severly dehydrated and eventually returned home to Florida.

Should this be concerning?

General Zod
06-30-2009, 12:38 PM
From a guy who already had durability issues, hell yes its concerning.
Idk what the latest illness is, but you get the general impression that maybe he doesnt take care of himself like he should?

B-rand
06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Looks like we drafted a player who is always ill...

Should this be concerning?

It could be an inner-ear infection, which can be disturbed by excessive travel, but keep in mind he did not seem to have these problems in any of his college seasons.

It could also be something like a hangover....alcohol dries a person out and makes them vomit.

Crazy_Chris
06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
It's a bit concerning considering the incident seemed like a kid running to the nurse's office trying to get sent home from school. But than again the media has no idea what actually went down with medical staff. All it says is he went to the medical staff saying he didn't feel well. For all we know he could of gone there seeking some medicine and they decided it was in the best interest of the rest of the rookies health just to send him home.

The bottom line is if this was anyone other than Percy Harvin it more than likely would have been a non-issue.

The Dynasty
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Report: Harvin will have to attend 2010 symposium
June 30th, 2009 – 6:25 PM by Judd Zulgad

Vikings rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin remained absent from the NFL’s rookie symposium on Tuesday because of illness and will have to attend the event next year, according to the NFL Network.

Steve Wyche, reporting for “NFL Total Access” from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., said Harvin wanted to return to the symposium Tuesday but that doctors told him to remain at home. Wyche said Harvin is concerned about how people will perceive his absence because of the question marks that surrounded his character entering the NFL draft in April.

Harvin had top-10 talent but dropped to the Vikings with the 22nd-overall pick in part because he reportedly tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine in February in Indianapolis.

This is not the first time Harvin has dealt with an illness this offseason that has kept him from an NFL-related event. Harvin missed a Vikings rookie camp in early May after becoming so ill during a layover in Atlanta that he was hospitalized. Harvin, who had been traveling from Florida, was suffering from extreme dehydration and a virus. He returned home two days after being admitted to the hospital.

The former University of Florida standout reported for the start of the four-day symposium Sunday afternoon, but the medical staff suggested he return home after he told them he wasn’t feeling well. Harvin and his family live in the Gainesville area. Organizers of the event officially excused Harvin; all 256 draft picks were in attendance on Sunday, according to symposium officials.

The symposium focuses on helping rookies adjust to life in the NFL by bringing in guest speakers and experts in a number of different areas to discuss various issues. It is something the league takes very seriously. In fact, Wyche said it is taken so seriously that his understanding is that Harvin will have to attend next year’s symposium with the incoming rookie class despite the fact he will have been in the league for a year.

So it sounds like he is better from what Steve Whyce said. Im just glad he is feeling better maybe he just get a little sick from flying.

FlyingElvis
07-01-2009, 09:10 AM
"Wyche said Harvin is concerned about how people will perceive his absence because of the question marks that surrounded his character entering the NFL draft in April."

This is the good news in all of this. Let's hope he actually means it and makes good on that sentiment, rather than just saying the right thing.

Crazy_Chris
07-02-2009, 01:30 AM
It's something Percy is definatly going to have to get used to. He is going to get scrutinized for everything he does. I think he did the right thing on this one, by going to the medical staff and alerting them that he wasn't feeling well. Just imagine had he not said anything about it and gone on with the Symposium and possibly puked during it. The media, and some fans would blow it up even more "OMG, he must of been DRUNK!!!".

Oh well he made his bed with his past decisions now he is just going to have to lie in it.

russie
07-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Some Vikings Want Tarvaris, Not Favre
Posted by Mike Florio on July 4, 2009 9:54 AM
As NFL observers continue to wait for the seemingly inevitable announcement that quarterback Brett Favre will be donning a purple jersey and helmet in 2009, we're hearing that some members of what would be his third team in three seasons aren't thrilled with the idea that a new signal-caller will be getting the keys to a recently underachieving passing game.

And they don't want Sage Rosenfels, either.

Per a league source, some Vikings believe that Tarvaris Jackson should be the starter, based on Jackson's performance during offseason workouts.

Yes, Tarvaris Jackson.

Of course, Jackson also drew high praise last year for his work in the underwear practices. Once the season began, Jackson played poorly -- and he quickly was benched for Gus Frerotte.

Jackson returned after Frerotte suffered broken bones in his back, and Jackson did well down the stretch, finishing the season with a passer rating of 95.4.

But the three-year pro was ineffective during a wild-card loss to the Eagles, and the trade for Rosenfels was regarded as a strong sign that Jackson would be on the bench.

Previously, there have been a few indications that some were hesistant to welcome Favre with open arms. Defensive end Ray Edwards has said that Favre will have to drop the "prima donna act," and linebacker Chad Greenway has questioned "where [Favre's] loyalties lie."

So Favre will have his work cut out for him if/when he joins the Vikings -- both in the locker room and on the field.

That said, if/when Favre arrives, he'll be the starter. And coach Brad Childress wouldn't be sniffing around the guy who smells like tractor if Jackson had stepped up last year in the postseason, when he had his chance to nail down the job for years to come.

BuckNaked
07-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Tarvarisssssssssssss finally people are beginning to follow my undying love for him

DHVF
07-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Tarvarisssssssssssss finally people are beginning to follow my undying love for him
Just as it was foretold, Action Jackson will lead us to the promise land.

BuckNaked
07-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Just as it was foretold, Action Jackson will lead us to the promise land.

I honestly think he can be a good quarterback if given another chance. He just brings so much to the table.

DHVF
07-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I honestly think he can be a good quarterback if given another chance. He just brings so much to the table.
I definitely do as well, but with him, its all a matter of consistently being able to move the ball down the field (as obvious as that seems for a QB hah). When Favre signs I'll just be waiting for when he goes down with an injury and TJ steps up and permanently claims that starting position (if he does indeed stay on the roster as the backup to Favre over Rosenfels).

vikes_28
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
If it comes to be the case where the Vikings run the wildcat offense, Tavaris would be the perfect canidate to be the QB. Harvin is really going to improve the Vikings offense. I believe that Harvin will the #2 receiver by week 3. Tavaris is just so much more dynamic than Favre, or Rosenfels. I have been rooting for him since he came out of college. He hasn't had much of a chance. Childress just had to pull him to keep his job. And that's why I think he deserves another chance. He has looked so awesome in offseason workouts. I've seen some tapes as well as read a whole load of articles saying that he is looking great. And yet, Brad Childress still wants to cut him if the Favre signing goes through. The kid is young; a lot of young qb's are inconsistent.

princefielder28
07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
If it comes to be the case where the Vikings run the wildcat offense, Tavaris would be the perfect canidate to be the QB. Harvin is really going to improve the Vikings offense. I believe that Harvin will the #2 receiver by week 3. Tavaris is just so much more dynamic than Favre, or Rosenfels. I have been rooting for him since he came out of college. He hasn't had much of a chance. Childress just had to pull him to keep his job. And that's why I think he deserves another chance. He has looked so awesome in offseason workouts. I've seen some tapes as well as read a whole load of articles saying that he is looking great. And yet, Brad Childress still wants to cut him if the Favre signing goes through. The kid is young; a lot of young qb's are inconsistent.

He's played in 25 games in his first 3 seasons. I would say that's a chance and more. Tavaris has an intriguing skill set with his athleticism and strong arm, but his fundamentals suck and he struggles with accuracy because of it. There's a reason why the team continues to bring in other options and I think the statement made by bringing in these other quarterbacks is even stronger than it may appear because Tavaris was a Childress selection and a Childress guy.

BuckNaked
07-06-2009, 04:47 PM
He's played in 25 games in his first 3 seasons. I would say that's a chance and more. Tavaris has an intriguing skill set with his athleticism and strong arm, but his fundamentals suck and he struggles with accuracy because of it. There's a reason why the team continues to bring in other options and I think the statement made by bringing in these other quarterbacks is even stronger than it may appear because Tavaris was a Childress selection and a Childress guy.

He came on strong at the end of the year and besides his debacle against Philadelphia, looked pretty good out there. We've added another weapon in Harvin, Shiancoe is a year less suckier, the possibility of bringing in a veteran presence in the form of Marvin Harrison, and he's gained the support of his teammates. Not only are they impressed by his offseason practice results, but some are saying they'd rather have him then Brett Favre. Plus cmon, his name is Tarvaris.

The Dynasty
07-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I saw on startribune.com that the Vikings and Antonie Winfield have started talking again about an extension. Which is good and I hope he signs atleast before the beginning of the season so he can just focus on football not have to worry about getting a long term deal.

Also I know the rumor of Marvin Harrison..but to tell ya the truth I much rather bring in Amani Toomer. A guy who has been always a consistent and a reliable receiver for the Giants. He could be helpful to the younger players that we have as well.

BGB
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
He came on strong at the end of the year and besides his debacle against Philadelphia, looked pretty good out there. We've added another weapon in Harvin, Shiancoe is a year less suckier, the possibility of bringing in a veteran presence in the form of Marvin Harrison, and he's gained the support of his teammates. Not only are they impressed by his offseason practice results, but some are saying they'd rather have him then Brett Favre. Plus cmon, his name is Tarvaris.

That's a little over stated. He played OK that's it. A QB coming on strong means playing consisantly at the level of the best in the league. Tavaris had one good game against AZ then played below average the rest of the way. He's just been so bad that when he plays average people think he's ripping it up.

General Zod
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
That's a little over stated. He played OK that's it. A QB coming on strong means playing consisantly at the level of the best in the league. Tavaris had one good game against AZ then played below average the rest of the way. He's just been so bad that when he plays average people think he's ripping it up.

I agree with this.

Vikes99ej
07-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Tarvaris Jackson has had plenty of chances to prove himself. He was given a playoff game to start, and he **** his pants. If he happens to beat out Brett Favre, great, otherwise I don't want to see anymore of him.

vikes_28
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Tarvaris Jackson has had plenty of chances to prove himself. He was given a playoff game to start, and he **** his pants. If he happens to beat out Brett Favre, great, otherwise I don't want to see anymore of him.

So you'd rather see Rosenfels?

yo123
07-09-2009, 01:51 PM

So you'd rather see Rosenfels?

Yes yes yes yes one thousand times yes to both.

Also-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4316261

The_Dude
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes yes yes yes one thousand times yes to both.

Also-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4316261

Agreed. I still hold out hope for Jackson down the road, but right now our starting QB should be Rosenfails (if not Favre).... i think that i just threw up in my mouth a little bit endorsing Sage. :(

The Dynasty
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Agreed. I still hold out hope for Jackson down the road, but right now our starting QB should be Rosenfails (if not Favre).... i think that i just threw up in my mouth a little bit endorsing Sage. :(

Neither of them are going to win us anything and that's the truth. Sage has been a career backup and has been known for a guy who will turn the ball over one or two times a game. He might be a little more accurate for the vikings rather than Jackson but neither of them will be a long term solution for the vikings. I know the last thing we need is a Rookie QB but we need to stop just getting old players who are past their prime or players that have never been in their prime and most likely will never see it. Its just getting ridiculous every off season we as fans have to question who are QB will be for the upcoming year.

To get away from the negative..Its good to see the Williamses win their court case as of know. They will have another court case before the season but if they win this it will be great. They are the key to our defense and we need them to succeed on defense.

B-rand
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
After the Sage trade and the talks about Training Camp battles, I thought that if there was a fair competition between Sage and Tarvaris in this offense, Sage should win it.

vikes_28
07-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Neither of them are going to win us anything and that's the truth. Sage has been a career backup and has been known for a guy who will turn the ball over one or two times a game. He might be a little more accurate for the vikings rather than Jackson but neither of them will be a long term solution for the vikings. I know the last thing we need is a Rookie QB but we need to stop just getting old players who are past their prime or players that have never been in their prime and most likely will never see it. Its just getting ridiculous every off season we as fans have to question who are QB will be for the upcoming year.

To get away from the negative..Its good to see the Williamses win their court case as of know. They will have another court case before the season but if they win this it will be great. They are the key to our defense and we need them to succeed on defense.

I think thats what I have been trying to say for a while. Just hasn't really been able to escape my mouth the right way (hold the laughter at the innuendo). I guess I'm just kinda fed up with this as a fan. I don't want to lose, and I just want to see the Vikings win a superbowl. But in our lifetime, that could prove a challenge.

FlyingElvis
07-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Since I was able to watch every game he played last year I can honestly say the Vikes should have acquired Cassel. The kid will be a solid starter and may even be a top QB. Time will tell, but that's just my take on it. I like Harvin, but trading for Cassel and maybe making a run at Braylon Edwards next year as an FA (maybe? pending the CBA) would have made me pretty happy.

Vikes99ej
07-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I was kinda iffy on getting Cassel, but after seeing what the Chiefs had to give up I definitely would have gone after him. Same for Jay Cutler, I would have given so much for him, seeing as we already have several tremendously talented players on our team.

vikes_28
07-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I was kinda iffy on getting Cassel, but after seeing what the Chiefs had to give up I definitely would have gone after him. Same for Jay Cutler, I would have given so much for him, seeing as we already have several tremendously talented players on our team.

Yeah well too bad our coach is Brad Childress. I hope we have a terrible year so Childress gets fired. Quote me.

Vikes99ej
07-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately, an improving record after each of three seasons doesn't often point to a terrible fourth. And I do not like Brad Childress.

yo123
07-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Cassel was completely a product of the system imo. He is going to bust in KC and would have busted with us.

Cutler though, we should have gone hard after him.

ChezPower4
07-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I would have loved to watch Cassel fail in a vikings uniform. I actually thought that Cutler was going to go to the Vikings or the Lions, honestly. The Vikings failed IMO by not pulling the trigger on Cutler, with Cutler under center I think the Vikings would have been very serious Super Bowl contenders.

The Dynasty
07-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Well I will be seeing the Vikings in Cleveland this year on 9/13 (Week 1). I got up early today just to get the tickets. It will be the first time I will see Adrian Peterson so just that makes me excited.

I never wanted Cassel in a Vikings uniform. I agree that he was good because of the receivers he had in Moss and Welker. I think he will be a decent QB but nothing more than that. It will be tough for him this year in KC because of the O-Line.

FlyingElvis
07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Quoted for future "I told you so" fun! lol

Cassel was completely a product of the system imo. He is going to bust in KC and would have busted with us.

Cutler though, we should have gone hard after him.

I would have loved to watch Cassel fail in a vikings uniform. I actually thought that Cutler was going to go to the Vikings or the Lions, honestly. The Vikings failed IMO by not pulling the trigger on Cutler, with Cutler under center I think the Vikings would have been very serious Super Bowl contenders.

Well I will be seeing the Vikings in Cleveland this year on 9/13 (Week 1). I got up early today just to get the tickets. It will be the first time I will see Adrian Peterson so just that makes me excited.

I never wanted Cassel in a Vikings uniform. I agree that he was good because of the receivers he had in Moss and Welker. I think he will be a decent QB but nothing more than that. It will be tough for him this year in KC because of the O-Line.

BuckNaked
07-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Tarvaris may demand a trade if we sign Favre.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vikes99ej
07-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Is it opposite day?

BuckNaked
07-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Is it opposite day?

No its the apocalypse!

BGB
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
So when Tavaris Jackson goes to the Vikings front office and requests a trade how many people bust out laughing? If it were me I would say "kid if you can find someone who will give us a big mac meal for you we'll pull the trigger"

BuckNaked
07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
So when Tavaris Jackson goes to the Vikings front office and requests a trade how many people bust out laughing? If it were me I would say "kid if you can find someone who will give us a big mac meal for you we'll pull the trigger"

Hey fresh meat take your mockery elsewhere. Tarvaris is a saint and deserves to be treated as one.

vikes_28
07-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Hey fresh meat take your mockery elsewhere. Tarvaris is a saint and deserves to be treated as one.

Agreed. Tavaris Jackson should at least give himself a chance to prove that he is better than Favre. I know that Jackson can beat Favre in a battle because he is younger and faster. I just think that he should give himself a chance before he demands a trade. I mean, I support him, but he will not get a starting position anywhere else, nor a chance.

BuckNaked
07-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Viva la Jackson!

BGB
07-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Agreed. Tavaris Jackson should at least give himself a chance to prove that he is better than Favre. I know that Jackson can beat Favre in a battle because he is younger and faster. I just think that he should give himself a chance before he demands a trade. I mean, I support him, but he will not get a starting position anywhere else, nor a chance.

HAHA if only being younger and faster had anything to do with being a good QB. You just said he couldn't get a starting gig nor a chance anywhere else but you think he has a chance to beat out Favre in a competition! LOL when Favre signs there is no QB competition, he's the starter.

yo123
07-16-2009, 08:21 PM

Brett Favre is like, one trillion times better than T-Jack. Tarvaris would have no chance to beat out Favre.

vikes_28
07-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Brett Favre is like, one trillion times better than T-Jack. Tarvaris would have no chance to beat out Favre.

Favre will break his leg the first game of the season if he is the QB of the Vikings. I will stand behind Jackson and say he is better than Favre until the day I die. I understand everyone's hostility, but I do believe in him more than I believe in Favre. Sorry.

ChezPower4
07-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Favre will break his leg the first game of the season if he is the QB of the Vikings. I will stand behind Jackson and say he is better than Favre until the day I die. I understand everyone's hostility, but I do believe in him more than I believe in Favre. Sorry.

That is absolutely crazy. Jackson has never shown at any point in his short career that he's half as good as Favre.

DHVF
07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
That is absolutely crazy. Jackson has never shown at any point in his short career that he's half as good as Favre.
With the exception of the second half of last year where Favre was absolutely abysmal. And yes I know he was injured, but you said never in which case you are clearly wrong.

General Zod
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Please...please tell me that we are not actually debating on whos a better QB between Favre and Jackson.

vikes_28
07-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Please...please tell me that we are not actually debating on whos a better QB between Favre and Jackson.

Actually we are. At this point, Jackson is way better than Favre. End of story.

Crazy_Chris
07-18-2009, 10:42 AM
I am one who think Jackson has taken a beating a bit unfairly from the media and fans. But at this point unless Jackson has really stepped up his game, there is no way I can honestly fathom Jackson being better for the Vikings than a healthy Brett Favre.

The youth, athleticism, and being a dual threat is good and all. But it's just not what the Vikings need right now. What they need right now is a QB with good Vision that can read the defenses effeiciently and consistently move the chains on 3rd down. Someone that when the Vikings are behind they can move the ball effectivly through the air. Someone they can trust letting pass the ball 30+ times a game if they have too.

I think Jackson is better than he is given credit for but he has not been capable of consistently doing those things yet. A 40 y/o Brett Farve with a healthy arm is capable of those things.

General Zod
07-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Im just so baffled by all of you Jackson supporters. Its like you all have mentally blocked out all of the bad throws, the inaccurate reads, the "deer in headlights" style of play. All I hear about is the Arizona game, his one big game.

russie
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Jared Allen finds Favre saga "annoying"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 18, 2009 12:37 PM ET
Mr. Florio waited until late Friday evening to get his daily obligatory Favre post out of the way.

When our fearless leader checks his Sprint phone (See, I'm learning fast!) on his way back from his non-vacation, he'll see that I didn't wait so long.

All Pro defensive end Jared Allen is the latest to chime in on the Favre saga. In typical fashion, Allen doesn't hold back when talking about his likely future teammate.

"If we get Brett, then that's a bonus," Allen told Sam Farmer. "But let's either get it done and get moving on with it or let it go.

"It's not so much that it's a distraction because we're professionals and don't really buy into that. But it's annoying."

A nation of football fans just nodded in agreement. After praising Favre's place in history, Allen says the Vikings can achieve their goals, with or without Favre.

"Our goals going into the off-season weren't, let's win a championship if we get Brett Favre. It's, we're going to win a championship. And I feel like we have two able quarterbacks to get that done."

If it makes Allen feel any better, this chapter in the Favre story should be over soon. Favre plans to give the Vikings an answer by July 30th.

Perhaps these words from a prominent player like Allen will even speed up the process. (We can only hope.)

In the meantime, we'll try not to make any more Favre posts this Saturday.

At least until the VW bus pulls back into PFT headquarters.

russie
07-18-2009, 12:16 PM
double post

BGB
07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Im just so baffled by all of you Jackson supporters. Its like you all have mentally blocked out all of the bad throws, the inaccurate reads, the "deer in headlights" style of play. All I hear about is the Arizona game, his one big game.

Yea his best game was a game that he had 11 completions in.

yo123
07-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Actually we are. At this point, Jackson is way better than Favre. End of story.

Never has a post been so wrong. Seriously are we talking about the same guy? The guy with 20 TD's, 18 INT's, and a 6.6 YPA in 25 career games? Holy **** just because Favre had a bad half season while being bothered by an injury doesn't mean a pathetic quarterback like Tarvaris Jackson is better than hiim.

TitleTown088
07-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Favre would be a better QB than Jackson with a broken hip at 60.

Jackson isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL.

Dr. Gonzo
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I am so ******* excited for the season to start. That is all.

The_Dude
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Exactly.... I just saw my first commercial for the Hall of Fame game and i got a huge smile on my face. I told my wife and she was just as excited as i was... i'm lucky! :)

The Dynasty
07-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Exactly.... I just saw my first commercial for the Hall of Fame game and i got a huge smile on my face. I told my wife and she was just as excited as i was... i'm lucky! :)

Ive been excited for the season since I got my Vikings @ Cleveland Browns Tickets the other day. Can't wait to see the Vikings.

vikes_28
07-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I will not give up. I don't care what you guyzz have to say about that.

thule
07-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Ive been excited for the season since I got my Vikings @ Cleveland Browns Tickets the other day. Can't wait to see the Vikings.

Tickets just went on sale today.....

The Dynasty
07-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Tickets just went on sale today.....

I got them through the Cleveland Browns website. They went on sale July 11th.

The_Dude
07-21-2009, 08:01 AM
October 5th Baby!!!! MNF!!!!

I will be going (and probably surrounded by Packer fans) and I am going to be taking the next day off.

vikes_28
07-21-2009, 10:56 PM

I will be going (and probably surrounded by Packer fans) and I am going to be taking the next day off.

That's good. Get drunk. Be happy. Win.

BGB
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM

Favre, the guy with the all time consecutive start record will break his leg and be replaced by the china doll Jackson who has missed several games in his short and unsuccessful career. That's pretty funny. Man the reason I even started coming to this board was to get away from all the bits on the KFAN chat board. I guess there everywhere.

yo123
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Favre, the guy with the all time consecutive start record will break his leg and be replaced by the china doll Jackson who has missed several games in his short and unsuccessful career. That's pretty funny. Man the reason I even started coming to this board was to get away from all the bits on the KFAN chat board. I guess there everywhere.

The KFAN board is a joke. I can't last more than a couple days there.

russie
07-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Vikings, Winfield closing in on a deal?
Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2009 4:25 PM ET
The impasse between the Minnesota Vikings and Pro Bowl (finally) cornerback Antoine Winfield could be close to ending.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Winfield's agent was traveling to Minnesota earlier today.

"On my way to the Twin Cities now," Ashanti Webb said via text, in response to a question regarding the status of the negotiations.

Agents and teams often get together for face-to-face talks when a deal is believed to be close.

So, unless Brett Favre has fired Bus Cook and hired Webb, it appears that something could be cooking.

Speaking of Favre, it's possible that the Vikings want to get Winfield's deal out of the way before word breaks of the financial package that the team will be providing to a soon-to-be-40-year-old quarterback.

vikes_28
07-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Hey man, I'm just stating a fact. Favre is too old and beat up to play anymore. And FYI, I have never listened to KFAN, let alone talk on their boards.

The Dynasty
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
saw this on startribune.com under Access Vikings.

UPDATE: NFL.com’s Steve Wyche reported that Winfield and Webb are expected to meet with Vikings officials this afternoon to complete a multiyear deal, according to a source. Wyche said there are still a few issues to iron out but nothing that is a deal-breaker.

Great news. He deserves it.

marshallb
07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
saw this on startribune.com under Access Vikings.

Great news. He deserves it.

Yes he does. I'm glad they're getting it done and it's not going to linger on during training camp and into the season.

BGB
07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Good for Winfield. Now they need to make sure they get Harvin signed ASAP. Training camp is already really short this year so Harvin cant afford to miss any of it. With all the differnt ways they are suppposed to be using him in the offense he's got a lot to learn.

marshallb
07-23-2009, 01:28 PM
From the Star Tribune: http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3059
Don’t expect Brett Favre to make his announcement about joining the Vikings by Friday.

Favre is reportedly ”anguished about whether he should come out of retirement and join the team,” according to ESPN.com. Reporter Ed Weder, who has excellent sources in the Favre camp, wrote that Favre’s decision has become more difficult in recent days because of the efforts of Vikings players such as Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson to convince Favre that he should join the team. Sources have indicated that a few Vikings players have been in some type of contact with Favre in recent months.

“If it weren’t for the involvement of the Vikings players directly telling Brett they want him on their team, I think he might have already decided against playing again,'’ the source told Werder. The report also said this is not about money because Favre and the Vikings have agreed on a one-year contract worth approximately $10 million.

The source told ESPN that Favre is beginning to feel a sense of obligation to Vikings players and the coaching staff. Favre’s friend, Darrell Bevell, is the Vikings’ offensive coordinator and recently made a trip to Hattiesburg, Miss., to watch him throw. The possibility of Favre joining the Vikings has existed since he was released by the New York Jets from their reserve/retired list 87 days ago.

Favre, who will turn 40 years old on Oct. 10 and spent 16 of his 18 NFL seasons with the Packers, underwent arthroscopic surgery on his throwing arm in late May to release a partially torn biceps tendon. The arm was initially his main concern but he has been throwing on a regular basis to receivers at a high school in Hattiesburg. Vikings coach Brad Childress said Sunday he had not talked to Favre in a couple of weeks but did see television footage of Favre throwing and thought he looked good.

ESPN reports that Favre seldom has experienced pain in his throwing shoulder and that his arm feels better than it did last season when he was with the Jets. Favre retired last February in large part of the issues with his arm. However, Favre is concerned about being able to hold up for an entire 16-game season and the possible public backlash he would get if his body does break down.

Favre had said he would make a decision about playing by next Thursday, a day before the Vikings begin training camp practices. NFL.com, however, reported this week that those close to Favre expected his decision by Friday and that they expected him to return.

In an interview this week, Childress said he had confidence in his team whether Favre, Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels is his starting quarterback. “We’re going to be a good football team regardless,” Childress said. “That’s why I’m not getting my undies in a bunch of he’s in or if he’s out or, ‘I’ve got to know yesterday or I’ve got to know tomorrow.’ What’s going to be is going to be. I’m not driving that ship. To a degree we like to control what we can control but I don’t control that.”

marshallb
07-23-2009, 01:34 PM
And also from the Star Tribune: http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3058

Asher Allen signs a four year deal. The dollar amount has not yet been released.

The Dynasty
07-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Winfield signs contract extension
July 23rd, 2009 – 2:20 PM by Chip Scoggins

Antoine Winfield has signed a contract extension. Judd is on the phone with Winfield as I type. He signed a five-year extension (they basically ripped up his final season).

Judd will post more when he gets off the phone with Winfield.

Excellent to hear. I knew it was coming since yesterdays news Just glad to see it actually done.

The_Dude
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
5 years ~ $36 million & $16 guaranteed per ESPN

I am very happy that they got this done before the season started. I doubt that he plays through the entire 5 years, but this had to get done.... he's straight money on the corner.

marshallb
07-23-2009, 03:27 PM
More specific details of the contract from the Star Tribune: Here’s the contract details from Judd: It’s a five-year contract worth $36 million, including $16.1 in guarantees and a few likely to be earned incentives that will push up the value the first few seasons. He is scheduled to make $6.1 million this season but with likely incentives he should make around $7.5 million.

TitleTown088
07-23-2009, 04:58 PM

Hopefully I'm one of those Packer fans. I got my tickets nearly a month ago. Can't wait. Mind if I ask where you're sitting?

TitleTown088
07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Also, that was a big contract for weinfeld. I'd bet its back loaded like hell.

marshallb
07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Winfield's contract actually is quite unique. Again from the Star Trib: http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3062
The compromise they came to in announcing Winfield’s five-year, $36 million ($16.1 million guaranteed) deal on Thursday is an interesting one and could be termed a de-esclator and potentially esclator clause. The verbiage states that if Winfield loses his starting job in 2011 and moves to the nickel role, the following season his salary of $7 million will be cut in half, meaning he will be paid as a top nickel corner rather than a top starting corner. But if Winfield eventually gets the starting job back his salary will jump back up to its previous terms.

What this means is that if Winfield loses his job, the Vikings won’t be tempted to cut him because he’s making way too much money. And Winfield won’t be looking for a raise in either situation because he would be well compenstated for the position he plays. Of course, if Winfield keep the starting spot his salary won’t change.

“I haven’t seen anybody else with it,” Winfield’s agent, Ashanti Webb, said when asked about the unique deal.

the_legend_killer
07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
As long as it keeps Antoine in a Vikings uniform, I like it.

The_Dude
07-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Hopefully I'm one of those Packer fans. I got my tickets nearly a month ago. Can't wait. Mind if I ask where you're sitting?

Section 133, row 5 at the very end of the row. The visitor's bench is so close that they get to hear all of my lame insults.

They are my father-in-law's tickets. They were his dad's season tickets dating back to the old Met Stadium. I have gone to at least 1 game for the last 6 years. Starting this year, my wife and I are now splitting the tickets with him so i will get to go to even more games in the near future. Hooray :D

vikes_28
07-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Section 133, row 5 at the very end of the row. The visitor's bench is so close that they get to hear all of my lame insults.

They are my father-in-law's tickets. They were his dad's season tickets dating back to the old Met Stadium. I have gone to at least 1 game for the last 6 years. Starting this year, my wife and I are now splitting the tickets with him so i will get to go to even more games in the near future. Hooray :D

Isn't that close to where DJP sits?

The_Dude
07-24-2009, 11:21 AM
DJP???

Favre needs to **** or get off the pot.... This constant drama that surrounds him has always been the thing that bothers me the most about him. Attention *****!!!!! (who i'd love to have on our team)

vikes_28
07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
DJP is our team leader you moron! :)

And yes I agree that Favre needs to make up his damn mind.

The_Dude
07-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Sorry, i am still at a loss for DJP....

TitleTown088
07-24-2009, 02:33 PM

Weak, I'm in 120. I was hoping to get into a scuffle with some Viking fans. Lucky for you it will likely be someone else. ;)

djp
07-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm in 138. 5 sections away. 133 is some kick ass seats though

TitleTown088
07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm in 138. 5 sections away. 133 is some kick ass seats though

Kick ass seats, in the metrodome? ;)

The_Dude
07-24-2009, 06:28 PM

Yes, there aren't many kick ass seats in the Metrodome, but 5 rows up on the 45 behind the visitor's bench... yeah, they kick much ass.

See why i married my wife? :D

ChezPower4
07-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes, there aren't many kick ass seats in the Metrodome, but 5 rows up on the 45 behind the visitor's bench... yeah, they kick much ass.

Your one of those damn gold diggers ;)

vikes_28
07-25-2009, 12:33 AM

*****. NOW, you know who DJP is :D

djp
07-25-2009, 12:57 AM

Actually the Metrodome is a great stadium for football, viewing wise.

TitleTown088
07-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Actually the Metrodome is a great stadium for football, viewing wise.
Like you said Viewing wise.. Aren't there some seats that are labeled " obstructed view"?

I've been to 3 or 4 games there. Never been impressed with the whole experience. The Twins are my team and I don't even get too excited when I go to the metrodome to see them play. It simply sucks. Maybe you'll luck out and Ziggy will hook it up for you in the near future.

I know you may think my Packer bias may playing here, but going to a game at Lambeau really isn't even comparable to a game in Minny.

Arrowhead and Denver are much better as well.

That is about all I have to compare the metrodome to.

djp
07-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Like you said Viewing wise.. Aren't there some seats that are labeled " obstructed view"?

I've been to 3 or 4 games there. Never been impressed with the whole experience. The Twins are my team and I don't even get too excited when I go to the metrodome to see them play. It simply sucks. Maybe you'll luck out and Ziggy will hook it up for you in the near future.

I know you may think my Packer bias may playing here, but going to a game at Lambeau really isn't even comparable to a game in Minny.

Arrowhead and Denver are much better as well.

That is about all I have to compare the metrodome to.

No seats are obstructed for football. It was built primarily for football. The baseball views are horrible.

The Metrodome, other than the fact that the concourses are too narrow and there aren't enough suites, is perfectly fine for football.

And you haven't been to the Dome during the hey days apparently. 1998 season I have never gotten more chills in my life. Also, the playoff game last year was pretty kick ass for the first half.

yo123
07-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I haven't been to a Vikes game in a while, but judging by the ones I have been to, it gets REALLY loud in there.

The_Dude
07-26-2009, 10:46 PM
*****. NOW, you know who DJP is :D

Am i reading this wrong, or did you just call myself or my wife a *****?

And i do feel stupid about the DJP thing.... i thought that you were talking about a real person for some reason or another.

TitleTown088
07-26-2009, 11:11 PM
No seats are obstructed for football. It was built primarily for football. The baseball views are horrible.

On stubhub they're listed as obstructed.

And you haven't been to the Dome during the hey days apparently. 1998 season I have never gotten more chills in my life. Also, the playoff game last year was pretty kick ass for the first half.
You got chills b/c its your team. Everyone does.
I's alright. but most other stadiums are much better to see a game at.

I realize its a matter of opinion, but a lot of opinions don't seem to favor the Metrodome.
http://www.rankopedia.com/ZoneID=3/2701/Best-NFL-Stadium/Step1/17484.htm
http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=2569521

princefielder28
07-27-2009, 09:34 AM
The Metrodome doesn't have many bad seats. I was in there for Gopher games during my frosh year because I worked for athletic communications and I can tell you that the baseball press box is a kick ass spot to watch a game from.

The Dynasty
07-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Well the Vikings cut Charles Gordon today because he failed his physical. Sad to see him go. I was always a fan of his but I guess he wasnt a need after we signed Paymah(sp?) and Asher Allen. Although with this we free up a roster spot...so could the signing of Favre becoming? We shall see in the next couple days.

General Zod
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
We waived Charles Gordon today.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_12923060

General Zod
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Well the Vikings cut Charles Gordon today because he failed his physical. Sad to see him go. I was always a fan of his but I guess he wasnt a need after we signed Paymah(sp?) and Asher Allen. Although with this we free up a roster spot...so could the signing of Favre becoming? We shall see in the next couple days.

Damn, just beat me. lol

The Dynasty
07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Damn, just beat me. lol

Well you provided the link lol.

Edit:

I just saw the Access Vikings on the http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/ site that the Vikings have 81 players on their roster and they can only have 80 at the start of training camp. Therefore we will need to cut at least 3 people because we will need to make room for Phil Loadholt and Percy Harvin. Then if Favre decides to come back we will have to cut one more. So start expecting couple more cuts.

yo123
07-27-2009, 12:44 PM
****** weak. Gordon was really solid as a nickel back last year.

Crazy_Chris
07-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I was surprised when I saw the Vikings waived Charles Gordon... I guess that ankle injur really messed him up very badly, It's sad he was playing well.

marshallb
07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Yea, it surprised me that they wouldn't have at least put him on the PUP list. I guess he wasn't as far along as he expected to be.

marshallb
07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Favre staying retired:
Judd just received a phone call from Brad Childress who said he talked to Brett Favre and that he was informed that Favre is staying retired. Childress cited the daily grind both mentally and physically as part of the reason why Favre remained retired.

“I just think it was a rare opportunity to explore a Hall of Fame quarterback who had background in the NFC and in this division,” Childress said. “He knows our system inside out … This doesn’t change anything about how I feel about our football team.”

vikes_28
07-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Am i reading this wrong, or did you just call myself or my wife a *****?

NO, I was not calling your wife a *****. I was calling you one cause you get free tickets :(. I heard you wife is really hot though :D

General Zod
07-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Ok, Favre is not coming back.
Lets move on then.

Get this 8-8 season over with so Childress can get fired and we can bring in a coach that will get us a real QB.

Yeah, im not happy.

The_Dude
07-28-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm just annoyed more than anything. Favre just likes to jerk people off to get the constant attention. This is what i've always hated Favre for more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if his name shows up again during this NFL season.

Vikes99ej
07-29-2009, 12:48 AM
**** Favre.

yo123
07-29-2009, 12:52 AM
**** Favre.

These two words sum up this entire situation.

Seriously, he went from the entire NFL fanbase except the NFC North being all over his nuts to everyone except Packer fans hating his guts. Good job Brett!

If he tries to change his mind again I hope Childress tells him to **** off.

The_Dude
07-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Per PFT, Loadholt has signed. No contract details yet.

General Zod
07-29-2009, 11:16 AM

Good, hopefully Harvin is soon to follow.

marshallb
07-29-2009, 12:00 PM

according to the Star Tribune it's a 4 year deal.

The Dynasty
07-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Kenechi Udeze has decided to retire today. Hopefully his health is back to normal and he can go on living.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/52021187.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a ULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

The_Dude
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Too bad, i was hoping that he would have a success recovery and provide some depth at the DE position.

Best of luck to him.

B-rand
07-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Udeze will be missed......

Loadholt will be welcomed......

and Favre will be forgotten soon enough.

General Zod
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Udeze will be missed......

Loadholt will be welcomed......

and Favre will be forgotten soon enough.

Favre who?

yo123
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Best of luck to Kenechi. Sad story.

General Zod
07-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Ok, lots of first rounders getting signed as of late...

Lets go Percy...

General Zod
08-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Finally, We signed Harvin to a 5 year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4372468

B-rand
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm almost surprised there is no news about how Percy got sick from his plane ride to Mankato.......this is not his style

TitleTown088
08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
**** Favre.

What happned to the Farvin sig? Haha.

The_Dude
08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Per PFT, Bryant McKinnie just switched agents to Drew Rosenhous... that slimy **** is now going to be parading around demanding that the Vikes break the bank on that mediorce left tackle. Dammit!

ChezPower4
08-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Per PFT, Bryant McKinnie just switched agents to Drew Rosenhous... that slimy **** is now going to be parading around demanding that the Vikes break the bank on that mediorce left tackle. Dammit!

Sadly Rosenhous is good at doing that. We had our run in with that bastard when we had Javon Walker.

marshallb
08-03-2009, 11:27 PM

I don't think it should be that big of a problem as McKinnie is signed until 2013 and had a pretty nice contract right now, and he will be 34 by the time the season will start. He also said that it has absolutely nothing to do with him wanting a new contract. Here's a quote from the Star Trib.:
“I’m just trying to change a lot of things that have been going on with my career, starting with my agent,” McKinnie said. “I’ve just watched him over the years. He gets a lot of things done that I want to get done so I want to see what they can do with me.” It seems to me like he is trying to change his life and try to get his off the field things straightened up. It could have some things to do with his non-footbal business ventures McKinnie also has interests outside of football and last April became involved in a joint venture with former Pretty Ricky vocalist Pleasure P on a record label called Swagga Entertainment.

The_Dude
08-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Apparently I'm not as confident as you because:

a) we've all heard that "i don't want a new contract (when i really do want a contract)" bull **** before. It doesn't matter how long his contract is, time and time again, we've seen players ***** and moan about their contract with many years remaining

b) new agents don't make any money until their clients get a new contract, so i am sure that rosenhous would be more than happy to get another contract

c) If McKinnie really wants to change his life around, he should start with not staying at strip clubs until 6 in the morning, not hitting bouncers on the head with metal poles, avoid going back to court at all costs, and learn how to be a top-notch left tackle like he is paid to be.

Call me a tad bit cynical, but i don't buy it for a second.

marshallb
08-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Apparently I'm not as confident as you because:

a) we've all heard that "i don't want a new contract (when i really do want a contract)" bull **** before. It doesn't matter how long his contract is, time and time again, we've seen players ***** and moan about their contract with many years remaining

b) new agents don't make any money until their clients get a new contract, so i am sure that rosenhous would be more than happy to get another contract

c) If McKinnie really wants to change his life around, he should start with not staying at strip clubs until 6 in the morning, not hitting bouncers on the head with metal poles, avoid going back to court at all costs, and learn how to be a top-notch left tackle like he is paid to be.

Call me a tad bit cynical, but i don't buy it for a second.

This is what Rosenhaus had to say: Said Rosenhaus: ”[McKinnie] indicated to us that he was just looking to make a change and had heard some good things about us over the many years that he has been in the league from our clients. As I mentioned, he’s great friends with a number of our clients. Too many to mention. We’re excited to have the privilege to work with a guy that I think is one of the best players in the league at his position and is going to have many, many great years in the NFL.”

Rosenhaus, who was in Mankato on Monday, made it clear McKinnie’s decision was not contract related. “This has nothing to do with respect to his contract or anything else,” Rosenhaus said. “It’s just purely, in his mind he wanted something different. We’re very honored to be working with him. It’s only a positive situation for us and we have nothing but the greatest respect for him.”

I do understand what you're saying, but I don't think it will happen at all.

General Zod
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Looks like we are getting ready to cut Aundrae Allison.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/04/vikings-shopping-aundrae-allison/

Since we drafted him I always thought he had some ability. If anything has a KR/PR. But seems like he stayed in Childress doghouse most of the time. I think some team will give him a shot after we cut him.

princefielder28
08-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Looks like we are getting ready to cut Aundrae Allison.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/04/vikings-shopping-aundrae-allison/

Since we drafted him I always thought he had some ability. If anything has a KR/PR. But seems like he stayed in Childress doghouse most of the time. I think some team will give him a shot after we cut him.

I like Allison quite a bit as a prospect and think he still has alot of upside in the NFL. I think his lack of development can be traced to the coaching staff and the lack of stability or talent at the QB position.

marshallb
08-05-2009, 12:04 PM
The Williamses will be able to play this season unless a federal court claims jurisdiction over the case. Here's the Star Trib's story:http://www.startribune.com/local/52519642.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc: aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUrand ESPN's: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4378907

marshallb
08-05-2009, 12:14 PM
and the Vikings must have signed Antone Smith UDFA RB from Florida State as he was at practice today.

FlyingElvis
08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Pat Williams will probably be retired by the time the court case is settled. That would make me lol.

marshallb
08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
The Jets claimed Allison off waivers according to Rosenhaus's Twitter.

Vikes99ej
08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
What happned to the Farvin sig? Haha.

I wanted to put more emphasis on how much I hate Bill Smith.

General Zod
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
The Jets claimed Allison off waivers according to Rosenhaus's Twitter.

Well, they dont have much depth at WR there, maybe he'll get a shot.

yo123
08-06-2009, 12:52 AM
I like Allison quite a bit as a prospect and think he still has alot of upside in the NFL. I think his lack of development can be traced to the coaching staff and the lack of stability or talent at the QB position.

Meh, he's a guy who is good at running in a straight line. Doesn't run very good routes.

Decent as a return guy though, I always thought we should have used him more there.

The_Dude
08-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Decent story on Loadholt in camp. I like that he's taking such a serious approach to starting at RT. He could hold that down for a long time to come.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/52558452.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc: aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

p.s. I like one of the comments refering to McKinnie & Loadholt as the "Twin Cities".... those sure are some big boys!

yo123
08-07-2009, 02:35 AM
I went to camp today and Tarvaris looked absolutely terrible. I really want Sage to win this job. Jackson looked really good in the drills but once they put a defense against him he looked completely lost as usual. There was one pass in particular where he rolled to his right and lobbed it directly into the arms of Winfield with no receiver within 10 yards of him. I just don't see it with T-Jack.

djp
08-07-2009, 06:14 AM
tXofi-jEeOo

General Zod
08-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I went to camp today and Tarvaris looked absolutely terrible. I really want Sage to win this job. Jackson looked really good in the drills but once they put a defense against him he looked completely lost as usual. There was one pass in particular where he rolled to his right and lobbed it directly into the arms of Winfield with no receiver within 10 yards of him. I just don't see it with T-Jack.

Trust me, Jackson will be starting at the beginning of the season. Childress as to defend his ego, so even if Rosenfel is perfect in camp/pre-season you'll see Jackson starting.

General Zod
08-07-2009, 11:40 AM
tXofi-jEeOo

Awesome.

Love it.

Vikes99ej
08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
McKinnie is 30 and Loadholt is 23. Anyone think Loadholt could eventually replace Bryant at left tackle?

B-rand
08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Awesome.

Love it.

Then you'll want to suck this one off:

nD-wivXcHTQ

vikes_28
08-09-2009, 11:34 AM
McKinnie is 30 and Loadholt is 23. Anyone think Loadholt could eventually replace Bryant at left tackle?

I don't think so... I think Loadholt will find a home on the right side of the line. Then we will draft someone or pick someone up in free agency that would be a worthy replacement.

ChezPower4
08-09-2009, 05:09 PM

I'd don't think that Loadholt has enough athleticism to be a good pass blocker in the NFL. However Loadholt will be a wonderful run blocker no matter what side of the line he plays on. Due to the lack of pass blocking skills and the lack of tools I don't see him moving over to the left side.

The_Dude
08-10-2009, 06:57 PM
man, i love watching AD run..... i could watch those highlights an endless amount of times.

yo123
08-10-2009, 07:23 PM
They couldn't have picked a better song for that AD video

And I could watch that first clip of him ******* up Nick Collins all day.

B-rand
08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
They couldn't have picked a better song for that AD video

And I could watch that first clip of him ******* up Nick Collins all day.

You mean Al Harris.......right?

vikes_28
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM

listen to what he means, not what he says.

yo123
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM

That I do. That I do.

Vikes99ej
08-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Camp is crazy dawgs.

vikes_28
08-12-2009, 12:53 AM
I love your sig Vikes99ej

The_Dude
08-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Agreed. Great sig, except that i was reading somewhere in the Star Trib that teammates were calling McKinnie & Loadholt the "Twin Cities" which is pretty damn funny.

Vikes99ej
08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Training camp was a pretty interesting experience. Didn't spend much time watching it; just trying to get autographs. I got the sigs of E.J. Henderson, Chad Greenway, Chris Kluwe, Antoine Winfield, Anthony Herrera, Sage Rosenels, Asher Allen, and Shiancoe. Kluwe is one of the most legit pro athletes I've ever met. Awesome guy. Winfield stayed for almost an hour after the first practice. Really impressed me. Peterson signed yesterday, but Jared Allen would just walk on by and recognize the crowd with some gesture. Bryant McKinnie didn't do anything, just got his fat-ass on a bike and left. I guess he had some more strippers to beat up in Mankato.

marshallb
08-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Sage Rosenfels will get the start tonight. Not sure whether or not to put any stock into that. I'm so excited for Vikings football to start again, even if it is only preseason.

The Dynasty
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage Rosenfels will get the start tonight. Not sure whether or not to put any stock into that. I'm so excited for Vikings football to start again, even if it is only preseason.

I just saw that on ESPN. It looks like from the report that Tarvaris might not even play because of the bum knee. So if that is the case Sage has a huge opportunity to impress the coaches tonight and steal the starting job for at least a week till we see Tarvaris this preseason.

I will be ignoring the score and stats till 1am because as a fan of the Vikings outside the Minnesota Area. I can not watch the game until the NFL Network shows it as a re run which is 1am.

The_Dude
08-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I take no stock in who starts the pre-season games. Both QBs will get a start with the "ones" during the preseason & the Little General will make his decision at the end of preseason.

Either way, neither one makes me very excited about the QB position this year....

marshallb
08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I just saw that on ESPN. It looks like from the report that Tarvaris might not even play because of the bum knee. So if that is the case Sage has a huge opportunity to impress the coaches tonight and steal the starting job for at least a week till we see Tarvaris this preseason.

I will be ignoring the score and stats till 1am because as a fan of the Vikings outside the Minnesota Area. I can not watch the game until the NFL Network shows it as a re run which is 1am.

I didn't see that about Tarvaris not playing, but I do think the knee may play some part in it. I think the coaches would rather see Tarvaris with the 1st team when he is 100% than when he is less than that.

I saw that it was on then, and I thought I was going to have to stay up and watch it, until I found out the game will be on our local CBS station.

The Dynasty
08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
I didn't see that about Tarvaris not playing, but I do think the knee may play some part in it. I think the coaches would rather see Tarvaris with the 1st team when he is 100% than when he is less than that.

I saw that it was on then, and I thought I was going to have to stay up and watch it, until I found out the game will be on our local CBS station.

I just reread the report from ESPN and I overlooked "Jackson and John David Booty are expected to follow Rosenfels against the Colts." I only saw John David Booty and not Jackson lol. My mistake.

General Zod
08-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I live about 20 mins from Indy, so I'll be able to watch it televised.
I always tell myself, its just pre season, its a glorified practice.
But it never fails, I always get excited and end up yelling at the tv. lol

I'll be on here posting during the game, just like I normally would.

So "spoiler alert" for those waiting for it to be replayed on NFL network. lol

The_Dude
08-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm just annoyed more than anything. Favre just likes to jerk people off to get the constant attention. This is what i've always hated Favre for more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if his name shows up again during this NFL season.

I guess that i didn't think that this would happen quite so quickly..... go get your purple #4 jerseys...

steel man
08-18-2009, 11:26 AM
congrats on getting Farve....i think this will make you guys really really good.

i was already going to try to go the the Steelers game when you guys came to town but i am for sure going now, hopefully that is the preview for the SB!

vikes_28
08-18-2009, 01:49 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

FlyingElvis
08-18-2009, 01:58 PM
bleh. His noodle arm will fail by November and the Vikes will have another late season collapse.

**** favre.

pete_norm
08-18-2009, 02:42 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Exactly my thoughts...

The Dynasty
08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
With the signing of Brett Favre, Adam Schefter is reporting he is expects Tarvaris to be shopped around and wont be on the team by week 1.

Vikes99ej
08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
With the signing of Brett Favre, Adam Schefter is reporting he is expects Tarvaris to be shopped around and wont be on the team by week 1.

This is officially the greatest day in Vikings history.

Dr. Gonzo
08-18-2009, 04:25 PM
I would have been soooooooooooo ******* upset if my boy Booty had been let go.

JFLO
08-18-2009, 04:26 PM

There is a God!

yo123
08-18-2009, 06:09 PM
I literally cannot believe the support Jackson is getting from some non Vikings fans. It's like they have never seen him throw a pass.

See ya T-Jack. I'll miss your blind jump passes into triple coverage.

The Dynasty
08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I literally cannot believe the support Jackson is getting from some non Vikings fans. It's like they have never seen him throw a pass.

See ya T-Jack. I'll miss your blind jump passes into triple coverage.

Ill miss his Deer in headlights look. I just question what team would want him...He would be a decent wildcat QB who would just scramble.

bdlyons26
08-18-2009, 10:59 PM
favre won't have to throw much so he should stay healthy, he will have to make big throws and get the ball down the field but i see the team going far if they play their cards right

General Zod
08-18-2009, 11:10 PM
I was just kinda getting sold on Rosenfel. He looked sharp with the first team last fri. Jackson might get traded?...See ya. He isn't going to get much of an opportunity on other teams because he would get Childresses man love. At best we'll get a 5th round draft pick from him.

Favre regardless of age, health, or time with the team, gives us a better chance to win vs RosenJack.

One definite good thing from this, Childress now has zero credibility. And his ass is on the hot seat even more.

Vikes99ej
08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I can't believe Schlereth said we basically have no chance to make the play-offs. I'm not saying to write us in for the Super Bowl, but we haven't lost much since last season.

General Zod
08-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I can't believe Schlereth said we basically have no chance to make the play-offs. I'm not saying to write us in for the Super Bowl, but we haven't lost much since last season.

Yeah but Cris Carter said we were going to the SB! lol

I actually like stink, but I think he is more peeved at Childress more then anything.

News flash Mark: The team for the most part already hates Childress.

General Zod
08-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I wonder how our version of the wildcat is going to work now. Your not going to line Favre up as a WR. Maybe have Harvin behind center?

wogitalia
08-19-2009, 01:27 AM

The only loss is Matt Birk at C, better at QB, better at S, better at LB(EJ back), much better at RT, rest should be about the same. Hard to see how we fall that hard, though the Packers should certainly be better and if Chicago can sort their defense out they should be better.

pete_norm
08-19-2009, 08:08 AM
For years, Favre was the player i hated the most in the NFL because he always found a way to evade the pass rush, because he slanted us to death, because he always found a way to beat the Vikings.

Since last year i've been pissed at all those rumors sending him to the Vikings. I didn't think he was the solution for the team, being old and mistake-prone (and i still don't think he is). Three weeks ago, i seriously thought it was all over and i was looking forward to seeing what Sage could do with the team. If Gus won a lot of game last year, i was pretty sure Sage could do the same...

And now this! I'm now rooting for a team quarterbacked by my most-hated player ever. I'm pretty torn right now. I want the Vikings to win and at the same time, i want Favre to fail miserably so he finally decides that his carreer is finally finally at last over...

I was anxiously looking forward to the start of the season, and now, i'm just numb... I guess i'll go back to sleep and wake up only in july 2010...

Ozzy
08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Since last year i've been pissed at all those rumors sending him to the Vikings. I didn't think he was the solution for the team, being old and mistake-prone (and i still don't think he is). Three weeks ago, i seriously thought it was all over and i was looking forward to seeing what Sage could do with the team. If Gus won a lot of game last year, i was pretty sure Sage could do the same...

And now this! I'm now rooting for a team quarterbacked by my most-hated player ever. I'm pretty torn right now. I want the Vikings to win and at the same time, i want Favre to fail miserably so he finally decides that his carreer is finally finally at last over...I completely agree and completely feel the same way. Honestly I would rather have Michael Vick than Favre, Vick is younger and has a chance of playing for the team more than one freaking year. Sure they signed him for two years but no way he plays next season.

BuckNaked
08-19-2009, 10:08 AM
The only #4 in my heart is the man, the myth, the legend...Tyler Thigpen.

pete_norm
08-19-2009, 10:38 AM
The only #4 in my heart is the man, the myth, the legend...Tyler Thigpen.

Now that they have Matt Cassel, maybe the Chief would trade him to us for TJAX. We could have a "number 4" royal rumble between these 2 gods on Earth to determine who would lead us to a garanteed Super Bowl.

Of course, Favre and Thigpen on the same team could cause a implosion of the whole Universe and the end of everything, but it would be worth watching for the time it would last...

The Dynasty
08-19-2009, 03:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4409448

Marcellus Wiley broke down the Vikings schedule today on ESPN. I agreed with most of the wins and loses.

jimmylishis
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Now that they have Matt Cassel, maybe the Chief would trade him to us for TJAX. We could have a "number 4" royal rumble between these 2 gods on Earth to determine who would lead us to a garanteed Super Bowl.

Of course, JDB and Thigpen on the same team could cause a implosion of the whole Universe and the end of everything, but it would be worth watching for the time it would last...

there fixed it for ya :D

BuckNaked
08-19-2009, 07:33 PM
there fixed it for ya :D

I very strongly dislike JDB.

wogitalia
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
And now this! I'm now rooting for a team quarterbacked by my most-hated player ever. I'm pretty torn right now. I want the Vikings to win and at the same time, i want Favre to fail miserably so he finally decides that his carreer is finally finally at last over...

This is pretty much exactly how I feel, only with the added bonus that a failing Favre should see the end of Childress as well and that I consider anything less than a superbowl a failure.

the_legend_killer
08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Either Minnesota does really well, or Childress gets fired, Everybody Wins!

vikes_28
08-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Either Minnesota does really well, or Childress gets fired, Everybody Wins!

I second this.

D-Unit
08-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I completely agree and completely feel the same way. Honestly I would rather have Michael Vick than Favre, Vick is younger and has a chance of playing for the team more than one freaking year. Sure they signed him for two years but no way he plays next season.
Wow, I never made that connection, but Vick to Minny would've been sick!

B-rand
08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow, I never made that connection, but Vick to Minny would've been sick!

Why would we want a slightly faster T-Jack who has been sitting around for 2 years letting his throwing accuracy get even worse???

pete_norm
08-21-2009, 07:23 AM
For all of you Thigpen lovers....

From Pro Football Weekly:

Just months after completing a surprising 2008 campaign in which he passed for 18 TDs and led all non-running backs in rushing yardage (386), QB Tyler Thigpen finds himself firmly on the Chiefs' roster bubble. The third-year quarterback has been outplayed during training camp by Brodie Croyle, who appears to have a firm hold on the backup job to Matt Cassel, and likely will need to finish out the preseason strong to earn a roster spot. From what we hear, Thigpen, who thrived in the gimmicky shotgun spread Kansas City utilized last season, is not an ideal fit in the team's new offense. On the other hand, Croyle, who's coming off a serious knee injury, has put together a terrific camp, quickly picking up the new scheme and even outplaying Cassel much of the time. If the Chiefs opt to enter the season with only two QBs, as has been speculated, Thigpen looks to be the odd man out.

General Zod
08-21-2009, 08:36 AM
For all of you Thigpen lovers....

From Pro Football Weekly:

Just months after completing a surprising 2008 campaign in which he passed for 18 TDs and led all non-running backs in rushing yardage (386), QB Tyler Thigpen finds himself firmly on the Chiefs' roster bubble. The third-year quarterback has been outplayed during training camp by Brodie Croyle, who appears to have a firm hold on the backup job to Matt Cassel, and likely will need to finish out the preseason strong to earn a roster spot. From what we hear, Thigpen, who thrived in the gimmicky shotgun spread Kansas City utilized last season, is not an ideal fit in the team's new offense. On the other hand, Croyle, who's coming off a serious knee injury, has put together a terrific camp, quickly picking up the new scheme and even outplaying Cassel much of the time. If the Chiefs opt to enter the season with only two QBs, as has been speculated, Thigpen looks to be the odd man out.

Croyle has knees made of styrofoam. If Thigpen does get released he wont make waivers. Some team will snatch him up, gimmick offense or not. I seriously doubt itll be the Vikes who get him. Im not a big John David Booty fan at all. Love to see Thigpen here vs JDB. But thats just me.

BuckNaked
08-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Croyle has knees made of styrofoam. If Thigpen does get released he wont make waivers. Some team will snatch him up, gimmick offense or not. I seriously doubt itll be the Vikes who get him. Im not a big John David Booty fan at all. Love to see Thigpen here vs JDB. But thats just me.

John David Booty is a little ***** and we would be blessed by the presence of Tyler Thigpen on our roster.

B-rand
08-25-2009, 12:29 PM

I think that after 2-3 seasons of sitting and learning, with 1-2 years of those watching Favre, JD Booty will be the Vikings starting QB, and will be a pretty darn decent one. He has already shown this preseason that he can make quick reads, get the ball to the receiver quickly, and is more accurate than Jackson.

marshallb
08-25-2009, 03:41 PM
What do you guys think of Fred Evans potentially being Pat's replacement? He's not as big as Pat, and not as good of a run stuffer, but he is listed at 6-4 305, and is only 25. I thought that he has looked very good in the preseason with the 1st team, with Pat not playing.

B-rand
08-25-2009, 09:00 PM
What do you guys think of Fred Evans potentially being Pat's replacement? He's not as big as Pat, and not as good of a run stuffer, but he is listed at 6-4 305, and is only 25. I thought that he has looked very good in the preseason with the 1st team, with Pat not playing.

Beginning last season, watchin him get his playing time, I was impressed with the improvement he has shown. He is definitely a capable back-up at the DT position, and I like him to get a few starts per season if need be.

If he's a starter, then a guy like Kevin will need to be along the line with him for him to continue looking as good as he has been.

DHVF
08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I think that after 2-3 seasons of sitting and learning, with 1-2 years of those watching Favre, JD Booty will be the Vikings starting QB, and will be a pretty darn decent one. He has already shown this preseason that he can make quick reads, get the ball to the receiver quickly, and is more accurate than Jackson.
God, I truly hope not. The only time in his career where he looked even remotely competent was against the Chiefs this past week. The judgements you seem to have made on him are extremely premature and its essentially impossible to says he's more accurate than anyone when he's been as erratic as he has so far in his career. As is, I'd much rather allow Tarvaris to learn from the bench and possibly draft someone high in next years draft (or sign a free agent) to compete for the starting position.

Oh and if it was up to me, I'd trade Sage this season with regards to trade value and his salary in comparison to our other QBs battling for roster spots.

BuckNaked
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Id rather us build a Troy Williamson statue in front of the metrodome then have John David Booty be our starting quarterback.

marshallb
08-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I agree with the last two posts, although I don't think I'd go as far as what BuckNaked said. I just don't see Booty becoming anything other than maybe, maybe a decent backup QB. If we only keep 3 QBs, which is normal, but there has been talk of potentially keeping all 4, I honestly would not mind seeing Booty go. I'd rather keep T-Jack, Sage, and Favre and let Sage and t-Jack battle it out for the starting job next year than keep Booty around and hope he develops into something. In that scenario, I'd like to see the team then draft a QB high in one of the next two drafts and let him watch for a couple years. I know that's unlikely to happen, but that's what I'm hoping for.

General Zod
08-27-2009, 10:55 AM
We released Glenn Holt today. I seen it on fanball.com. If I find a link and remember I will edit and post here.

BuckNaked
08-27-2009, 12:17 PM
We released Glenn Holt today. I seen it on fanball.com. If I find a link and remember I will edit and post here.

And the earth is quaking while Vikings fans struggle with feelings of emptiness and confusion.

General Zod
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
And the earth is quaking while Vikings fans struggle with feelings of emptiness and confusion.

Childress's beard confuses me.

d34ng3l021
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
It sucks how much better this team could be without Childress. The Vikings are looking ridiculous in the preseason so far though. Its kind of scary. The NFC North is going to have some good games.

BuckNaked
08-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Childress's beard confuses me.

Childress as a whole confuses me

General Zod
08-27-2009, 04:04 PM
It sucks how much better this team could be without Childress.

Yeah, If I was playing franchise in Madden 10 on my ps3, It'd go something like:

highlight delete coach > press x > find a cheap monkey to hire > sign coach > press x > etc

d34ng3l021
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, If I was playing franchise in Madden 10 on my ps3, It'd go something like:

highlight delete coach > press x > find a cheap monkey to hire > sign coach > press x > etc

Speaking of Madden, I hear he actually lowers the players awareness if you sign him as a HC.

The_Dude
08-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I agree with the last two posts, although I don't think I'd go as far as what BuckNaked said. I just don't see Booty becoming anything other than maybe, maybe a decent backup QB. If we only keep 3 QBs, which is normal, but there has been talk of potentially keeping all 4, I honestly would not mind seeing Booty go. I'd rather keep T-Jack, Sage, and Favre and let Sage and t-Jack battle it out for the starting job next year than keep Booty around and hope he develops into something. In that scenario, I'd like to see the team then draft a QB high in one of the next two drafts and let him watch for a couple years. I know that's unlikely to happen, but that's what I'm hoping for.

Agreed. I want them to drop Booty if they aren't going with 4 qbs this season. He has shown nothing to put himself over T-Jack & Rosenfels.

russie
08-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Speaking of Madden, I hear he actually lowers the players awareness if you sign him as a HC.

on the ps3 version, he lowers every player's awareness by 5 points

djp
09-01-2009, 05:26 AM
if anyone wants Vikings/Packers MNF tickets, they are 2 for $550. They are in Section 138, row 30. These seats have an excellent view of the visitors as they warm up and are really just phenomenal seats all around. They are right inside Gate H when you walk in and out, so no horrible crowds to walk around either as you enter/exit.

On stubhub, these seats are going for about $350 a piece. That's $125 off of the price you'd pay on stubhub. This is going to be the biggest regular season game in Vikings history and the biggest singular game in the NFL this season. I'd have love to have gone, but money is a little tight right now.

You are getting a DEAL on these seats if you want them at a special reduced SWDC price! Putting them on Ebay where they will go for about 300 a pop the day the regular season starts, so please let me know.

http://www.stubhub.com/minnesota-vikings-tickets/vikings-vs-packers-metrodome-788449/

Stubhub page if you don't believe me.

djp
09-03-2009, 05:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VfHnCwLp14

lmao I AM DYING

marshallb
09-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Bobby Wade has restructured his contract, according to the Star Tribune:
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3270

according to people with knowledge of the situation, the veteran wide receiver has agreed to restructure the five-year, $15 million contract he signed in March 2007. Instead of earning $3 million this season, Wade is believed to have come to an agreement to make somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 million in 2009.
It’s very possible that if Wade had refused to rework his contract he could have been let go on Saturday as the Vikings cut their roster to the regular-season limit of 53 players.

I would have been very surprised if they'd have let Wade go, mostly b/c of the injury history of some of our receivers. Wade has been so reliable, and provides a veteran presence.

Vikes99ej
09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Wade is a reliable pass-catcher. It would have been tough to see him go.

General Zod
09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I would have hated to lose him also.

On a side note, Sydney Rice has caught everything thrown at him this pre season.