PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

djp
11-16-2009, 09:24 AM
A couple of thoughts on the Lions game. We have still yet to play a full 60 minutes of football, except for maybe the Steelers game. When we do we will destroy someone. Percy Harvin is an absolute stud, how did he not get laid out on that td? He just bounced off and took it to the house. Bernard Berrian can suck a dick covered in glass. That is all.

That was a terrible attempt at a tackle by that guy on Harvin. It looked like it was a big hit, but if you've ever played football, you know that this did really nothing to stop Harvin because it was all upper body and no legs.

It's very hard to play a full 60 minutes of football, especially coming off of a bye against a 1-8 team. I expect a better effort this week against Seattle, and then a dominant game to put the division away against the Bears.

hagy34
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
A couple of thoughts on the Lions game. We have still yet to play a full 60 minutes of football, except for maybe the Steelers game. When we do we will destroy someone. Percy Harvin is an absolute stud, how did he not get laid out on that td? He just bounced off and took it to the house. Bernard Berrian can suck a dick covered in glass. That is all.

Harvin didn't score...?

FuzzyGopher
11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Harvin didn't score...?

Yeah you're right he didn't score. I thought he did for some reason, I still think it was a sick play.

hagy34
11-16-2009, 11:38 PM
It was a great play. Harvin is my favorite player...

vikes_28
11-17-2009, 01:35 AM

I wouldn't go that far yet.

General Zod
11-17-2009, 12:42 PM

I will admit that he is the guy in the whole draft I was the most wrong about.

And for me thats saying a lot. lol

The Dynasty
11-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Looks like the Vikings are doing well in the Pro Bowl Voting so far.

Fan voting counts for one-third of the Pro Bowl selections and so far the Vikings are getting a lot of support in that area.

The NFL provided updated Pro Bowl voting results and 10 Vikings lead their respective positions in the NFC in fan voting on NFL.com. Five others -- including quarterback Brett Favre -- are currently second in fan voting.

Running back Adrian Peterson has collected the third-highest vote total among all NFL players behind quarterbacks Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. Favre is fourth overall.

Vikings who lead their positions in the NFC are Peterson, fullback Naufahu Tahi, offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, offensive guard Steve Hutchinson, center John Sullivan, defensive end Jared Allen, defensive tackle Pat Williams, kick returner Percy Harvin, kicker Ryan Longwell and special teams player Heath Farwell.

Vikings who are currently second in fan voting are Favre, defensive tackle Kevin Williams, offensive guard Anthony Herrera, cornerback Antoine Winfield, outside linebacker Chad Greenway and punter Chris Kluwe.

yo123
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM

Tahi? Sullivan? Herrera?

Holy ****, I knew we have gotten some bandwagon fans over the last month or two but wow. Even Pat Williams is a pretty bad choice this year.

vikes_28
11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Tahi? Sullivan? Herrera?

Holy ****, I knew we have gotten some bandwagon fans over the last month or two but wow. Even Pat Williams is a pretty bad choice this year.

This. I can't believe Tahi is there. He sucks at blocking. Sullivan I can see, he's done really well. He's just young and, thus far, unproven. I don't know what people are on when the voted for Herrera, but whatever it is, I want some.

vikes_28
11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Can you link us Dynasty?

vikes_28
11-17-2009, 03:54 PM
If we had that many players on the probowl team, we might as well just send the rest of the Vikings team. I really wish Sidney Rice got some votes.....

The Dynasty
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Can you link us Dynasty?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/70295527.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

marshallb
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM

I read that on ESPN.com's NFC North blog and was def. surprised by some, particularly Tahi, and those that others have said. Especially Tahi though. I know not that many teams use a FB anymore, but I know there are better ones than Tahi. Hell, Dugan has been better at FB than Tahi.

BuckNaked
11-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Tahi just pisses me off for some reason.

vikes_28
11-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Tahi just pisses me off for some reason.

It must be the name. And the fact that he can't block a child.

Crazy_Chris
11-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I read that on ESPN.com's NFC North blog and was def. surprised by some, particularly Tahi, and those that others have said. Especially Tahi though. I know not that many teams use a FB anymore, but I know there are better ones than Tahi. Hell, Dugan has been better at FB than Tahi.

I think the reason Tahi is at the top is because most people don't know the FBs just vote for their teams FB, or a FB on one of the best teams with a good rush offense. The same could be said for interior linemen the average fan has no idea who all are the best Guards & Centers.

What surprises me the most personally is that Pat Williams(having a down year) is getting more votes than Kevin Williams(who is having one of his very best years).

vikes_28
11-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Dugan is a great FB. I really think he is turning into Chris Cooley esque. If not now, he will be soon.

vikes_28
11-18-2009, 01:28 AM
http://tempe12.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/girls_5/2009_60/nfl_football_73/lucy-liu-loves-the-vikings_20091113_2011015726.jpg

Yep. You're welcome vikings fans. Tell me how much you love me through your rep.

hagy34
11-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Dugan is a great FB. I really think he is turning into Chris Cooley esque. If not now, he will be soon.

Yikes. Thats a major comparison. Cooley is a great athlete...Dugan, well he isn't. He's a decent contributor but he's not Chris Cooley. He's not even close.

BuckNaked
11-18-2009, 04:16 PM

That is just so so so far off. Even the homer in me thinks you're crazy.

vikes_28
11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Read what I posted. I didn't say he was Chris Cooley, I said he could be like him. From what I've seen, Jeff Dugan has really good hands. And he is a good blocker. I'm not a homer. Jeff Dugan hasn't been given a chance, don't judge him until he has proven that he sucks.

BuckNaked
11-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Read what I posted. I didn't say he was Chris Cooley, I said he could be like him. From what I've seen, Jeff Dugan has really good hands. And he is a good blocker. I'm not a homer. Jeff Dugan hasn't been given a chance, don't judge him until he has proven that he sucks.

Just because he can catch and block doesn't make him anything close to Cooley. First off, Cooley doesn't even block at all. Dugan has nowhere near the receiving talent that Cooley has. The only time we actually throw it to Dugan is on about 3-5 yard dumps off a play action. Never said he sucks at all either, but you couldn;t have been farther off with that Chris Cooley comparison.

vikes_28
11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Let me rephrase what I have been trying to say. Cooley > Dugan >>>>>> Tahi

The_Dude
11-18-2009, 09:06 PM
If we had that many players on the probowl team, we might as well just send the rest of the Vikings team. I really wish Sidney Rice got some votes.....

Rice has gotten my vote..... I love what a competent QB has helped him turn into. He's finally living up to his potential.

Then again, it is his 3rd year; the typical break-out year for wrs.

the_legend_killer
11-19-2009, 10:23 AM
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Sound-FX---Brett-Favre-Just-A-Big-Kid/5710a3de-a55a-4b08-ba98-8a45e4319627

Favre mic'd for the Lions game. A few chuckleworthy things to be said here. And even Favre can see that Childress tries to get too fancy with playcalling at times.

djp
11-19-2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Sound-FX---Brett-Favre-Just-A-Big-Kid/5710a3de-a55a-4b08-ba98-8a45e4319627

Favre mic'd for the Lions game. A few chuckleworthy things to be said here. And even Favre can see that Childress tries to get too fancy with playcalling at times.

LOL,

"Damn Steven, what they got you in for?" right before he hikes it, classic.

Kid_Ego
11-19-2009, 12:01 PM
You know what pisses me off I got most my negative points for laughing at the cutler trade saying he was over rated and at best an even trade for orton and now that I look like the next Mel Kiper where is the love? Freaking morons I hate the bears and when will they get rid of lovie bear?

the_legend_killer
11-19-2009, 12:01 PM
And that's totally relevent to the Minnesota Vikings.

Kid_Ego
11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Well yes it is because that trade has allowed the Vikings to run away with a division. And gives minnesota every oppourtunity to linch the division by December

marshallb
11-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Here's a good article on Harvin: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread10/Percy%20Harvin

And I loved that Favre video.

General Zod
11-19-2009, 12:58 PM
LOL,

"Damn Steven, what they got you in for?" right before he hikes it, classic.

I loled at that. Plus I love how he commented on how the playcalling gets to cute in the redzone. He couldnt be more right about that. This is a great video.

hagy34
11-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Here's a good article on Harvin: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread10/Percy%20Harvin

And I loved that Favre video.

Percy is the man.

The Dynasty
11-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Just saw this on twitter.

JuddZulgad

ESPN reports Brad Childress has agreed to an extension that will keep him with Vikings through 2013

They should have waited after the year. He has improved the team every year but his coaching scares me and we don't know if he can win in the Playoffs.

Link : http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4671558

vikes_28
11-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I can't believe how much a competent QB actually did for our team. When TJack took over late in the 4th, he proved to me that he does suck and that he is not the future. I'd much rather have Sage Rosenfels or a rookie QB.

They should have waited after the year. He has improved the team every year but his coaching scares me and we don't know if he can win in the Playoffs.

FML.

yo123
11-19-2009, 03:20 PM

****. My. Life.

I really don't understand how the front office can not realize that although our record has gotten better each year it's despite Childress and not because of him. I mean they get PAID to make decisions like this. ******* frustrating.

DHVF
11-19-2009, 03:33 PM
When TJack took over late in the 4th, he proved to me that he does suck and that he is not the future. I'd much rather have Sage Rosenfels or a rookie QB.

What the hell? How did he prove that against Detroit? Sidney dropped a pass and the pass to Greg Lewis was basically a throw away. Other than that, he just ran out the clock.

marshallb
11-19-2009, 03:34 PM

Exactly. If we don't make it to at least the NFCCG, Childress should be gone, but now he definitely won't.

marshallb
11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
What the hell? How did he prove that against Detroit? Sidney dropped a pass and the pass to Greg Lewis was basically a throw away. Other than that, he just ran out the clock.

I agree, how does him playing in garbage time, and throwing what, 2 passes, 1 of which was a good throw that Sidney just flat out dropped prove that he's not going to be anything ever. It means nothing.

yo123
11-19-2009, 03:39 PM

He didn't necessarily prove it against Detroit, but he definitely proved it for 2 years before that. Seeing what our WR's are doing right now even takes away the "he doesn't have anyone to throw to" excuse.

We could just cut him for all I care, he's terrible.

marshallb
11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
He didn't necessarily prove it against Detroit, but he definitely proved it for 2 years before that. Seeing what our WR's are doing right now even takes away the "he doesn't have anyone to throw to" excuse.

We could just cut him for all I care, he's terrible.

IDK about the WRs part. He didn't have Percy and Rice missed a lot of last year and wasn't 100% the rest of it. Berrian has had a mediocre season this year, and hasn't been even close to last year. Shiancoe is doing about the same this year as well, with only getting more TDs. So, the way I see it, the only guys doing much better are Rice and Harvin, and we didn't have Harvin last year and Rice was beat up, and missed a lot of time, so that proves nothing on that part either.

I'm not saying T-Jack is going to be the guy, but the arguments being made are bogus and don't make that point.

yo123
11-19-2009, 05:18 PM
IDK about the WRs part. He didn't have Percy and Rice missed a lot of last year and wasn't 100% the rest of it. Berrian has had a mediocre season this year, and hasn't been even close to last year. Shiancoe is doing about the same this year as well, with only getting more TDs. So, the way I see it, the only guys doing much better are Rice and Harvin, and we didn't have Harvin last year and Rice was beat up, and missed a lot of time, so that proves nothing on that part either.

I'm not saying T-Jack is going to be the guy, but the arguments being made are bogus and don't make that point.

Good point on the receivers, I forgot that Rice had injury problems last year.

I'm just sick of the excuses for Jackson. He sucks. End of story. He hasn't done anything in his entire career that would lead me to believe that he has the potential to be an NFL starting quarterback. I've seen to many of his slant passes land 5 feet in front of receivers and too many jump passes into coverage for me to have any hope for him.

The_Dude
11-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I am very annoyed that the Vikings front office extended Childress during the season. While he has improved their record each year, this year's success is pretty much all due to the addition of Favre.

I think that the Queen's should have extended him after the season. The expections were high at the start of the year & if the team does not meet those expectations, i.e. make it to the NFC Championship game/Superbowl, then there is no chance that they would get rid of him.... and we all know that no one is more likely to grab defeat from the clutches of victory than the Little General.

If they would win the SuperBowl, then it probably would have cost them like $1 million more a year, but then the extension would have been more deserved.

Just my two cents.

marshallb
11-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Good point on the receivers, I forgot that Rice had injury problems last year.

I'm just sick of the excuses for Jackson. He sucks. End of story. He hasn't done anything in his entire career that would lead me to believe that he has the potential to be an NFL starting quarterback. I've seen to many of his slant passes land 5 feet in front of receivers and too many jump passes into coverage for me to have any hope for him.

I'm not making excuses for him, but he's not as bad as you're making it sound. We probably will never get a chance to see him play for us again in meaningful minutes though as he's a FA after this season, and I don't think he'll be back.

marshallb
11-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I am very annoyed that the Vikings front office extended Childress during the season. While he has improved their record each year, this year's success is pretty much all due to the addition of Favre.

I think that the Queen's should have extended him after the season. The expections were high at the start of the year & if the team does not meet those expectations, i.e. make it to the NFC Championship game/Superbowl, then there is no chance that they would get rid of him.... and we all know that no one is more likely to grab defeat from the clutches of victory than the Little General.

If they would win the SuperBowl, then it probably would have cost them like $1 million more a year, but then the extension would have been more deserved.

Just my two cents.

I agree with you 100%.

General Zod
11-19-2009, 11:12 PM

Just my two cents.

This.

And I think we need to get whatever we can for Jackson at the end of the season. A draft pick....maybe a decent player....a bag of beef jerky...etc

vikes_28
11-20-2009, 02:30 AM
IDK, maybe I'm just biased against Jackson or something because Favre has come in and done a wonderful job. It just doesn't seem like he has confidence or going through the motions if you will. I can't really explain my feelings here. I'm just baffled at what Favre has done for this team. But I will still not buy his jersey.

hagy34
11-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I realize that there can be an argument made for Jackson but it only takes an average football fan to realize he's not the answer. He lacks that number one thing that all the elite QBs in this league have, intelligence. He just does some god awful things. I really could get over the accuracy issues if he just played a little smarter but he doesn't. Even Harvin and Rice won't solve the problems he has and I will confidently say that he has started his last game a Viking. He isn't the answer, no matter what people try to say about him.

GO Favre.

vikes_28
11-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm going to ask for a new vikings jersey for christmas. Who should I get out of these:

Harvin
Rice
Allen

I want an away jersey, since I already have a home AP jersey

General Zod
11-22-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm going to ask for a new vikings jersey for christmas. Who should I get out of these:

Harvin
Rice
Allen

*See my sig*

Dr. Gonzo
11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I am hoping I get an Allen jersey because the man has become my favorite player in the league.

JFLO
11-22-2009, 04:23 PM

Harvin
Rice
Allen

I would get a Harvin or Rice jersey, then get a "Mullet Militia" shirt from Jared Allens' website.

Yessir!

The Dynasty
11-22-2009, 04:51 PM
I would get a Harvin or Rice jersey, then get a "Mullet Militia" shirt from Jared Allens' website.

Yessir!

They sell the Jared Allen shirts on Vikings.com shop now.

There is a place were I live that can take names off the back of replica jerseys and put a new name on and i was considering buying a Gus jersey and putting Harvin on it.

hagy34
11-23-2009, 12:51 AM
White Harvin. He's just awesome....

andyjo672
11-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Here's my response to the people that criticize the extension for Childress. There is a logical flaw in your argument that he does not deserve it. You say "Yes, he improved the record every year but only this year they're doing great but its because of Favre." Favre played last year as well, went 8-8 or something like that, correct? Favre then gets introduced to a new team, starts out 9-1, correct? So if we're going to put this success all on Favre, then what gives last year with the Jets? Your assumption is that the success of this team is SOLEY based on Brett Favre. Wouldn't that then translate ot success last year as well, if only Favre is responsible?

The fact of the matter is that this success is a two way street.

Childress has built an extremely good football team from top to bottom that was simply a QB away from being capable of winning a championship. Brett Favre was still a great quarterback that was simply a good football team away from still being capable of winning a championship. Childress has to get some of the credit for the Vikings being where they were pre-Favre, only one position away from being a dominant team.

You take any good team and coach and take away effective QB play and you get a mediocre team. The Patriots last year for example, lost their franchise quarterback and ended with the same 10-6 record as the Vikings if I'm not mistaken. Bill Bellichek was never criticized for being an in-effective coach. Good coaches still NEED great QBs to succeed. I'll give Childress the benefit of the doubt. Considering he was able to successfully get us into the playoffs last year with Gus and TJax starting at Quarterback is worthy of some praise.

yo123
11-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Here's my response to the people that criticize the extension for Childress. There is a logical flaw in your argument that he does not deserve it. You say "Yes, he improved the record every year but only this year they're doing great but its because of Favre." Favre played last year as well, went 8-8 or something like that, correct? Favre then gets introduced to a new team, starts out 9-1, correct? So if we're going to put this success all on Favre, then what gives last year with the Jets? Your assumption is that the success of this team is SOLEY based on Brett Favre. Wouldn't that then translate ot success last year as well, if only Favre is responsible?

The fact of the matter is that this success is a two way street.

Childress has built an extremely good football team from top to bottom that was simply a QB away from being capable of winning a championship. Brett Favre was still a great quarterback that was simply a good football team away from still being capable of winning a championship. Childress has to get some of the credit for the Vikings being where they were pre-Favre, only one position away from being a dominant team.

You take any good team and coach and take away effective QB play and you get a mediocre team. The Patriots last year for example, lost their franchise quarterback and ended with the same 10-6 record as the Vikings if I'm not mistaken. Bill Bellichek was never criticized for being an in-effective coach. Good coaches still NEED great QBs to succeed. I'll give Childress the benefit of the doubt. Considering he was able to successfully get us into the playoffs last year with Gus and TJax starting at Quarterback is worthy of some praise.

Who's saying it's all Favre? It's the overall talent on the team.

the_legend_killer
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Belechick wasn't criticized because he's won 3 Super Bowls, and went 10-6 with a scrap heap QB, not one he handpicked as being their future at the position (Jackson).

andyjo672
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Who's saying it's all Favre? It's the overall talent on the team.

Completely agree, but the one thing that has changed was Brett Favre (Yes, I know Harvin too) and people prior to this posting consistently said Chilly didn't deserve the extension because he hasn't proven anything until Favre got there. I make the argument that even the coaches that are considered the best only have average seasons with average quarterbacks (Bill B last year with Cassell). Now that Childress is proving that he, indeed, can win even if that is with a good quarterback you can't use that as a knock against him. Every team needs solid if not spectacular QB play if they want to contend for championships.

BGB
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Belechick wasn't criticized because he's won 3 Super Bowls, and went 10-6 with a scrap heap QB, not one he handpicked as being their future at the position (Jackson).

BB needs Brady and BB got lucky as hell with Brady. There is no way you draft a QB in the 6th round and have any realistic expectaiton that he's going to turn out to be the future of your team and your coaching career. Without Brady BB would have proabably been fired from NE just like he was fired in Cleveland.

andyjo672
11-23-2009, 03:30 PM

He won 3 Super Bowls WITH a Hall of Fame QB. Based on the argument that Childress doesn't deserve an extension because it took Brett Favre to get him to win games, then coaches like Bellicheck shouldn't either because last year showed that he can't win championships without the HOF QB either.

And if you then say "But Childress drafted Jackson to be the QB of the future! He's an idiot, no extension!" That seems a little harsh to me. So a 2nd round draft pick didn't turn out, it isn't the only time that's happened. Or even worse, he picked what was supposed to be the future of the organization, and it ended up in failure. Again, this isn't the only time this has happened either. The fact that he's been able to overcome this and still lead this team to the playoffs with patchwork QB play is testament to the quality of the team he has built around him.

vikes_28
11-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Completely agree, but the one thing that has changed was Brett Favre (Yes, I know Harvin too) and people prior to this posting consistently said Chilly didn't deserve the extension because he hasn't proven anything until Favre got there. I make the argument that even the coaches that are considered the best only have average seasons with average quarterbacks (Bill B last year with Cassell). Now that Childress is proving that he, indeed, can win even if that is with a good quarterback you can't use that as a knock against him. Every team needs solid if not spectacular QB play if they want to contend for championships.

We aren't saying Childress was a bad scouting guy. We never said that. His terrible play-calling is his downfall, that's what will get the Vikings in trouble down the road. He is too selfish to let Bevell call the shots. Childress will be the reason we lose the NFCCG if that's where we make it.

djp
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
We aren't saying Childress was a bad scouting guy. We never said that. His terrible play-calling is his downfall, that's what will get the Vikings in trouble down the road. He is too selfish to let Bevell call the shots. Childress will be the reason we lose the NFCCG if that's where we make it.

Except Bevell has been calling plays the entire season. Childress helps with the gameplanning, he doesn't call the plays. He gives suggestions.

hagy34
11-23-2009, 06:15 PM
I was just about to say that. Let's settle with the Chilly bashing and let this play out. There are plenty of organizations that would kill to be in the position we are in.

General Zod
11-24-2009, 07:21 AM
I never thought this would happen. But next monday night, Im going to be a huge Pats fan! lol

the_legend_killer
11-24-2009, 07:26 AM
I never thought this would happen. But next monday night, Im going to be a huge Pats fan! lol

I know, crazy right?

vikes_28
11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Except Bevell has been calling plays the entire season. Childress helps with the gameplanning, he doesn't call the plays. He gives suggestions.

I was under the impression that he made the play-calls.

The Dynasty
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
The Vikings game against the Cardinals was moved to Sunday Night December 6th.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/72626767.html?elr=KArks47cQiU47cQiU47cQULPQL7PQLan chO7DiU

vikes_28
11-24-2009, 02:00 PM
The Vikings game against the Cardinals was moved to Sunday Night December 6th.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/72626767.html?elr=KArks47cQiU47cQiU47cQULPQL7PQLan chO7DiU

ohhhHHhhhHH primetime!

FlyingElvis
11-24-2009, 02:05 PM

I know, crazy right?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8rNb1BAXxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8rNb1BAXxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hines
11-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Is Winfield playing Sunday?

yo123
11-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Is Winfield playing Sunday?

Sounds like it yeah.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/11/minnesota-cb-winfield-hopes-to-play-vs-bears.html

The_Dude
11-28-2009, 08:21 PM
My wife just gave me an early Christmas present:

http://www.nfljerseytop.com/Upfiles/Minnesota%20Vikings%2069%20Jared%20Allen%202009%20 Pro%20Bowl%20NFC%20Jersey-1816.jpg

Damn, I love her.

and I will be wearing it for the playoff game that I just bought my season tickets for. I've never gone to a playoff game before & I'm pumped.

the_legend_killer
11-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone else been impressed with Jimmy Kennedy's work within the rotation? He'll probably never be what they thought he was coming out of Penn State, but he could be a big part of the rotation for the future, especially possibly filling in for Big Pat down the road.

The_Dude
11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I agree on the Jimmy Kennedy point. the d-line has looked great throughout each game.

Yesterday i would have liked to have seen Favre hit the bench earlier than he did. When we have the game in hand heading into the 4th, Jackson should be out there gaining experience & Favre should be resting his 40 year old body.

I'm not really complaining, but I just think that the Vikes should be doing everything to preserve our mealticket for the rest of the season/post-season. Just my 2 cents.

djp
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree on the Jimmy Kennedy point. the d-line has looked great throughout each game.

Yesterday i would have liked to have seen Favre hit the bench earlier than he did. When we have the game in hand heading into the 4th, Jackson should be out there gaining experience & Favre should be resting his 40 year old body.

I'm not really complaining, but I just think that the Vikes should be doing everything to preserve our mealticket for the rest of the season/post-season. Just my 2 cents.

20 point lead to start the 4th isn't enough to take Favre out, even with how bad the Bears played. I'm a big believer in the 4 score lead and then get him out of there. 3 scores is a touchdown and turnover away from being back in the game.

yo123
11-30-2009, 10:59 PM
It figures that once we get really good the Saints seem unstoppable.

djp
11-30-2009, 11:09 PM
It figures that once we get really good the Saints seem unstoppable.

Yes, they're very good, but I do think we match up well with the Saints. New England had huge success running the ball in the first half with Maroney. I like our running game a hell of a lot more than theirs.

The Saints can't be stopped, but they can be slowed down. It takes a hell of a game from the front 4 to do so. As in stopping the run with 7 in the box, getting pressure with 4 man fronts. We can do this.

Getting Winfield back would be absolutely huge. You just can't play man against this team, it's too risky with Brees shredding you. You gotta hope for the turnover or pressure from the front 4 and keeping them in front of you. We saw what happened with a single high safety tonight. Absolutely torched.

Remember, this team's not without faults. They got outplayed by Carolina and St. Louis of all teams kept it close with them for the entire game.

However, we gotta get to that point before we really start worrying about the Saints. This season's becoming far too special for us to look ahead and lose to a Green Bay/Dallas type team in the playoffs due to lack of focus. I just wish we can get homefield advantage at our barn for the playoffs. Not that I think the Metrodome is a huge advantage, but it's better than going on the road. That place looked like a mental house on TV tonight.

djp
11-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Anyone else been impressed with Jimmy Kennedy's work within the rotation? He'll probably never be what they thought he was coming out of Penn State, but he could be a big part of the rotation for the future, especially possibly filling in for Big Pat down the road.

He's a nice stopgap for Pat on 3rd downs, but he's in their because he's a pass rusher, not a nose tackle like Fat Pat is. Fred Evans is more of an NT than Kennedy.

I will say that Kennedy has been very impressive on 3rd downs this year.

djp
11-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Gotta hand it to Childress so far this year. He's impressed me a whole lot with the use of Harvin, throwing on early downs, more motions/shifts, and just the overall aggression from he and Bevell's playcalling. Gotta wonder how much he really believed in Jackson and Frerotte or if he's just realizing really how good Favre is.

He's earned his extension, as crappy as that once sounded.

No coach is perfect, and yes, he makes some dumb decisions at times, but he's cut down on them by what seems like tenfold.

Add in the drafting of Harvin, persistence of Sidney Rice, drafting of Loadholt (who's been extremely solid this year), the willingness to take a semi-gamble by taking Peterson with Taylor already in the backfield, he's a very good evaluator of talent and is now showing that he can utilize it.

Edit : forgot letting Matt Birk go (who sucks for Baltimore btw) and the development of Sullivan (he's not a world beater but he's been better than Birk for far less $)

djp
11-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Mike Florio of PFT says this team looks every bit as good as '98 and '75.

Nah, not there yet. That '98 team absolutely busted a nut on pretty much every team they played. I still can't believe that team didn't even make the Super Bowl. That team had two hall of fame receivers, a HOF defensive tackle, a great secondary, good linebackers, one of the best backs in football, and oh yeah, the greatest guard to ever play the game. Plus two more Pro Bowlers on the line.

yo123
12-01-2009, 12:09 AM
DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT TEAM!!!!! THAT NEVER HAPPENED!!

I agree that we are capable of beating the Saints, but not if they're firing on all cylinders like they were tonight. If they play like that no one is beating them this year. We should be able to run the ball on them, but that's assuming our run game stops being mediocre. The line isn't run blocking, Peterson isn't always finding the hole when it is there...this isn't the Minnesota Vikings run game that I'm watching lately. Hopefully we can get it together. The O-line has completely flipped as of late. Before they were pretty good at run blocking and sucked at protecting the QB and now it's the other way around. Which I suppose is good in a way being that we have a 40 year old statue at quarterback.

vikes_28
12-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Mike Florio of PFT says this team looks every bit as good as '98 and '75.

Nah, not there yet. That '98 team absolutely busted a nut on pretty much every team they played. I still can't believe that team didn't even make the Super Bowl. That team had two hall of fame receivers, a HOF defensive tackle, a great secondary, good linebackers, one of the best backs in football, and oh yeah, the greatest guard to ever play the game. Plus two more Pro Bowlers on the line.

If we put away the rest of the teams we play, then I could see that. But at this point, no way. So I was talking about this with a buddy the other day...You guys think Randy Moss will retire a Viking?

yo123
12-01-2009, 12:10 AM
If we put away the rest of the teams we play, then I could see that. But at this point, no way. So I was talking about this with a buddy the other day...You guys think Randy Moss will retire a Viking?

Haha, that would be awesome. But we're set at receiver now, I don't see us even making a play for him. And I'm sure he's more than happy in New England.

vikes_28
12-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Haha, that would be awesome. But we're set at receiver now, I don't see us even making a play for him. And I'm sure he's more than happy in New England.

I agree. I told my friend that he was an idiot. Unless Moss really loved Minnesota or something, I don't see him ever coming back.

Crazy_Chris
12-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I agree. I told my friend that he was an idiot. Unless Moss really loved Minnesota or something, I don't see him ever coming back.

Yea Moss doesn't really strike me as the sentimental type. I am sure he has good feelings about all his Viking fans. However I really doubt he could care less about coming back to Minnesota just to retire as a Viking simply for the nostalgia of doing so.

Crazy_Chris
12-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes, they're very good, but I do think we match up well with the Saints. New England had huge success running the ball in the first half with Maroney. I like our running game a hell of a lot more than theirs.

The Saints can't be stopped, but they can be slowed down. It takes a hell of a game from the front 4 to do so. As in stopping the run with 7 in the box, getting pressure with 4 man fronts. We can do this.

Getting Winfield back would be absolutely huge. You just can't play man against this team, it's too risky with Brees shredding you. You gotta hope for the turnover or pressure from the front 4 and keeping them in front of you. We saw what happened with a single high safety tonight. Absolutely torched.

Remember, this team's not without faults. They got outplayed by Carolina and St. Louis of all teams kept it close with them for the entire game.

However, we gotta get to that point before we really start worrying about the Saints. This season's becoming far too special for us to look ahead and lose to a Green Bay/Dallas type team in the playoffs due to lack of focus. I just wish we can get homefield advantage at our barn for the playoffs. Not that I think the Metrodome is a huge advantage, but it's better than going on the road. That place looked like a mental house on TV tonight.

I agree I really think the Vikes match up very well with this Saints team. I am not very worried about them wether it be at New Orleans or Minnesota. Not that I take the Saints lightly but the Vikes have also been playing extremely good football this year and IMO are capable of beating anyone anywhere.

TitleTown088
12-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Berrian trying to match Adrian.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/78578432.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQULPQL7PQLanchO 7DiU

yo123
12-05-2009, 12:34 AM
It's not a smart thing to do by any means, but I would be willing to bet that the majority of posters here have floored it on more than one occasion on the highway.

BuckNaked
12-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Getting a mullet militia shirt...awesome. And Berrian you can't even reach a higher speed than Peterson behind the wheel. Puss.

FlyingElvis
12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Open stretches of highway should be ticket free if there's no traffic around, imo.

Personally, I like lighting the one when there's no traffic around but it's pretty stupid at night b/c you can never see the PCs tucked away on the shoulders.

Then again, if I had the money to own the sick cars these guys roll, I would be buying up track time like a fiend. Lots of safe, legal places to go balls to the wall in the whip.

The Dynasty
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Just saw this on PFT.

E.J. Henderson could be running in two months
Posted by Mike Florio on December 7, 2009 9:23 PM ET

When linebacker E.J. Henderson's lower leg flopped unnaturally after taking friendly fire to his thigh on Sunday night, many viewers feared that Henderson might never play again.

Not so, says a doctor who has treated skiers with the same injury.

Henderson fractured his femur, the large leg bone above the knee. Dr. David Thorson tells Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Henderson possibly could be running in two months.

"Assuming everything is as it should be, my guess is he'll be participating in training camp," said Thorson. "The bone heals fast, and he's a healthy guy."

Thorson explained that it can be more difficult to recover from a serious knee injury than a fractured femur. He said that a compression rod is inserted to stabilize the bone and prevent muscle spasms or further internal damage.

Though it's important to note that Thorson hasn't treated or evaluated Henderson (and, yes, we've previously criticized doctors for talking about patients other than their own), the perspective is surprisingly encouraging for one of the key members of the Minnesota defense.

So maybe it isn't as bad as everyone thinks? I really hope this is the case for him and the team. But any encouraging new is good.

yo123
12-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Wow, that's awesome. Good for him, I definitely didn't expect that.

vikes_28
12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
I watched the replay of Henderson's injury. I don't know if I should post it or not, cause it really had me shocked. I can upon request. Or you can just look it up yourself.

General Zod
12-07-2009, 11:16 PM
eh, I seen it once. Thats enough for me. Its great to hear some good news about EJ.

I wouldnt be surprised if we brought in a vetern LB just till the end of the season. Jasper did look good at time this pre season. I noticed when he had to drop into coverage he looked pretty confused. But then again he is a rookie, and it was just pre season.

Crazy_Chris
12-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I hope that this doctor is correct, but it's certainly difficult to believe after watching the play on which EJ was hurt.

vikes_28
12-08-2009, 12:03 AM
And you know, these kinds of injuries are always worse when its accidentally caused by your teammate. :( I never thought I'd be this sensitive about a guy I've never met. The better word for my feelings would be sympathetic.

jimmylishis
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
just wanted to say that E.J. is a great guy. Im part of the E.J. Henderson youth foundation and have spent some time with him. Hes really a nice guy and has done a lot for the community.

wogitalia
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Bring back Nap Harris! My irrational man love player. You know you all have one guy that despite him not being all that good you support him to the death!

Good to hear that EJ should be back, looked pretty nasty, and even those guys who never come back have Drs saying they will be back, but until proven otherwise have to believe it. Guy is just so unlucky when it comes to injuries.

vikes_28
12-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Brett Favre was one of Barbara Walters 10 most fascinating people of 2009. Thought you ought to know...

djp
12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Chris Mortenson on Twitter

"Hear it's looking good for Antoine Winfield to finally return this week.
about 1 hour ago from web"

Crazy_Chris
12-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Chris Mortenson on Twitter

"Hear it's looking good for Antoine Winfield to finally return this week.
about 1 hour ago from web"

Good, If Cedric Griffin isn't able to play on sunday the Vikes will definatly be needing Winfield to play.

Bring back Nap Harris! My irrational man love player. You know you all have one guy that despite him not being all that good you support him to the death!

Apparently Brad Childress must be pretty confident in Jasper Brinkley...

Brad Childress said that Napoleon Harris contacted the team after news that Henderson was lost for the season, but the coach was satisfied with the number of linebackers already on the roster. Harris was signed last year after Henderson suffered a season-ending foot injury.

http://min.scout.com/2/928111.html

wogitalia
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Brad Childress said that Napoleon Harris contacted the team after news that Henderson was lost for the season, but the coach was satisfied with the number of linebackers already on the roster. Harris was signed last year after Henderson suffered a season-ending foot injury.

That's devastating news... Brinkley was solid against the Bengals though so I guess it's not a big issue.

Crazy_Chris
12-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Well with Erin Henderson gone for 4 games too now they might want to bring in another guy for depth. Especially considering Heath Farwell and Kenny Onatulu are the only 2 backups on the roster right now. They just signed J. Lehman to the practice squad when EJ went down so more than likely they will opt for him since he would be cheaper. But this would seemingly re-open the door for Napoleon Harris.

Crazy_Chris
12-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Here is how some of the Viking players are currently doing in Pro Bowl voting incase any one is curious.

Offense

Brett Favre- 2nd QB
Adrian Peterson- 1st RB
Nafahu Tahi- 1st FB
Sidney Rice- 4th WR
Visanthe Shiancoe - 5th TE
Bryant McKennie- 1st OT
Phil Loadholt- 2nd OT
Steve Hutchinson- 1st OG
Anthony Herrara- 2nd Guard
John Sullivan- 1st Center

Defense

Jared Allen-1st DE
Pat Williams-1st DT
Kevin Williams-2nd DT
Chad Greenway-2nd OLB
Antione Winfield- 3rd CB
Cedric Griffin- 5th CB
Madieu Williams- 2nd FS
Tyrell Johnson- 3rd SS

Percy Harvin- 1st KR

A few surprises there, Bolded are the guys who I feel should make it this year.

BuckNaked
12-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Nafahu Tahi in the Pro Bowl makes me sick.

Crazy_Chris
12-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Well this doesn't account for the players and coaches vote so I am pretty sure he won't make it after that is added in (same goes for some of the questionable ones).

marshallb
12-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Pat says he will retire if we win the Super Bowl this year: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/79584467.html

a couple quotes:
"I'm trying to win a Super Bowl. I'll quit then after I win the Super Bowl this year. I'll go into the sunset smiling. That's how you want to end it."

"It don't matter. That's all I want is that trophy. I'll walk off the field with my tights on because I'm throwing everything to the fans. Shoulder pads, helmet, everything. I'll walk off with tights and socks. That's how I'm walking off the field. I've been thinking about it all year."

yo123
12-18-2009, 02:04 PM
A shirtless Pat Williams jogging off the field after a Super Bowl win would be a sight to see.

yo123
12-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Nafahu Tahi in the Pro Bowl makes me sick.

He's not pro bowl worthy, but I've noticed him sucking less this year.

DHVF
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM
He's not pro bowl worthy, but I've noticed him sucking less this year.
From my observations he seems to be playing less, so that's a positive in my book as when he does play I usually end up infuriated at his missed block.

yo123
12-18-2009, 03:34 PM
From my observations he seems to be playing less, so that's a positive in my book as when he does play I usually end up infuriated at his missed block.

Yeah that could be it. I'm just glad it's not like last year when we had no one who could throw it downfield. They would just dump it to him and he would trip over his own feet for a one yard gain.

yo123
12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4755278

Harvin 50/50 for Sunday.

The_Dude
12-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Sidney is the Viking that i am most hopeful for in regards to the Pro Bowl. He's been awesome this year and really deserves to be recognized for his improved play.

Just my 2 cents

The Dynasty
12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4755278

Harvin 50/50 for Sunday.

I heard on Around the League on NFLN that according to Steve Wyche, Harvin is going to be playing on sunday and that he is looking to have a career day. So I hope for that. I could really use him in fantasy this week.

vikes_28
12-19-2009, 02:35 AM
Here is how some of the Viking players are currently doing in Pro Bowl voting incase any one is curious.

Offense

Brett Favre- 2nd QB
Adrian Peterson- 1st RB
Nafahu Tahi- 1st FB
Sidney Rice- 4th WR
Visanthe Shiancoe - 5th TE
Bryant McKennie- 1st OT
Phil Loadholt- 2nd OT
Steve Hutchinson- 1st OG
Anthony Herrara- 2nd Guard
John Sullivan- 1st Center

Defense

Jared Allen-1st DE
Pat Williams-1st DT
Kevin Williams-2nd DT
Chad Greenway-2nd OLB
Antione Winfield- 3rd CB
Cedric Griffin- 5th CB
Madieu Williams- 2nd FS
Tyrell Johnson- 3rd SS

Percy Harvin- 1st KR

A few surprises there, Bolded are the guys who I feel should make it this year.

I think we have most def. picked up some bandwagon-er fans this year. Tahi? Come on people... Madieu Williams has looked horrible, If he makes the Pro Bowl I will not watch.

Ok, so is the Pro Bowl a week before the Super Bowl this year? What happens to the players who make the SB?

hagy34
12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
They don't play

vikes_28
12-20-2009, 11:42 AM
That makes the NFL ********.

the_legend_killer
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
That makes the NFL ********.

Then when is the correct time to have it? All other major sports have their's halfway through the season, which is a good 3 or so months into it. Is the NFL expected to do that? Whether it's before or after the Super Bowl it doesn't really matter, nobody cares about it. You may have a few players from the Super Bowl teams that would play in it the week after, but you still have lots that don't.

tjsunstein
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Congrats on another division title, fellas. If the Packers and Vikings clash again in the playoffs, that would be epic.

vikes_28
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Then when is the correct time to have it? All other major sports have their's halfway through the season, which is a good 3 or so months into it. Is the NFL expected to do that? Whether it's before or after the Super Bowl it doesn't really matter, nobody cares about it. You may have a few players from the Super Bowl teams that would play in it the week after, but you still have lots that don't.

I understand. But its been after the superbowl for how many years. Why change it now.

The_Dude
12-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Congrats on another division title, fellas. If the Packers and Vikings clash again in the playoffs, that would be epic.

The way that our 2 teams have been playing as of late, the Packers are the last team that I want to see in the playoffs. :(

yo123
12-21-2009, 10:20 AM
The way that our 2 teams have been playing as of late, the Packers are the last team that I want to see in the playoffs. :(

I'd much rather play the Pack right now than the Eagles.

tjsunstein
12-21-2009, 10:27 AM
I'd much rather play the Pack right now than the Eagles.

I'd much rather play the Cowboys or Giants than anyone else in the NFC. The playoffs are not going to be fun for the Packers if we draw Arizona. And then we have to go to Minnesota, or New Orleans. Three teams that can spread us out and pick us apart.

yo123
12-21-2009, 11:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4761127

Wow. Just wow. When I heard it the first time I thought this was too dumb even for Chilly and I didn't believe it...he is so ******* stupid.

djp
12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4761127

Wow. Just wow. When I heard it the first time I thought this was too dumb even for Chilly and I didn't believe it...he is so ******* stupid.

I don't really see the problem here.. it makes some sense. Favre wasn't good last night, and we couldn't block anyone. Jackson's shown that he can play in the NFL and he's got legs to move around in the pocket and avoid the rush. Favre is a bigger statue than Gus Frerotte in the pocket.

Actually concerned with the fact that Favre wouldn't come out. Childress needs to put his foot down.. if that's what he wanted, he should have made an executive decision.

I know it's a legend, but Favre really hasn't been good at all the last month or so. Some of that is the offensive line's fault, but he was absolutely miserable against Arizona, average against Cincy, and bad last night.

djp
12-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Another thing.. the fact that he wanted Jackson to come into the game makes me think like we're comfortable with Jackson going forward post-Favre. Which I am okay with, for now. Not to say that I don't want to draft a Colt McCoy in round 2 or 3, because I do, in case Jackson can't handle himself again.

Then there is Rosenfels, who we actually gave a decent contract to. His skillset seemed to fit the offense well, and he wasn't terrible in the preseason.

But the fact that Favre is complaining to the media about Childress trying to take him out just makes me feel like he's not coming back after this season.

So much drama for an 11-3 team. We're not going to come out on fire every single game, fellas. Offensive line was bad last night, predictable defensive schemes, and just plain trying to do too much. Take care of business next week in Chicago and hope Philly drops the game vs Denver next week so we don't have to play our starters vs the Giants.

yo123
12-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't really see the problem here.. it makes some sense. Favre wasn't good last night, and we couldn't block anyone. Jackson's shown that he can play in the NFL and he's got legs to move around in the pocket and avoid the rush. Favre is a bigger statue than Gus Frerotte in the pocket.

Actually concerned with the fact that Favre wouldn't come out. Childress needs to put his foot down.. if that's what he wanted, he should have made an executive decision.

I know it's a legend, but Favre really hasn't been good at all the last month or so. Some of that is the offensive line's fault, but he was absolutely miserable against Arizona, average against Cincy, and bad last night.

I don't think Favre played that badly last night. 17/27 for 200 some yards. And Jackson has shown he can play in the NFL? I haven't seen that. Maybe as a backup. It's just ridiculous.

And what did Childress think was going to happen? One of the biggest competitors in sports was just going to smile and nod when he was benched in the 4th quarter with a one point lead?

I can't think of one argument in Childress' favor here.

vikes_28
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Just because Favre is the story of the NFL season doesn't mean that Favre needs to call all the shots. I mean I know Favre has a big ego, but seriously, you aren't going to bring a team back from a 12 point deficit with 7 minutes left on the clock. Maybe Jackson should have come into the game, he could get away from the pass rush that our offensive line seemed to not be able to contain. I would like to see a little TJack myself.

djp
12-21-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't think Favre played that badly last night. 17/27 for 200 some yards. And Jackson has shown he can play in the NFL? I haven't seen that. Maybe as a backup. It's just ridiculous.

And what did Childress think was going to happen? One of the biggest competitors in sports was just going to smile and nod when he was benched in the 4th quarter with a one point lead?

I can't think of one argument in Childress' favor here.

How about Carolina's pass rush was uber aggressive and Jackson can slip out and make them pay? We couldn't block a soul last night, Jackson's mobility can help neutralize that.

I'm not saying he should have pulled Favre, but he did have a point in at least maybe trying Jackson for a series or two.

If only stats told the true story of every player.. Favre's pocket awareness was non-existent last night. He usually does a good job of at least avoiding one guy but he just couldn't move at all. He was holding onto the ball Rodgers-style as well.

Look, you have to credit Carolina's defense, too. There's a reason Julius Peppers makes like $20M a season. Combine that with a horrible game by the offensive line (just 7 days after dominating Cincinnati up front), and you've got yourself a problem.

We've just become a predictable offense since the Arizona loss. Not enough quick first down passes, too many Peterson stretch plays/tosses on first down.

Look at the best games we've played on offense this year. Screen passes, passes on 1st down, things to slow down the pass rush. More please.

djp
12-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Now that I've defended Childress and Bevell a bit, it's time to bash.

The fact that we weren't even chipping Julius Peppers last night was just inexcusable. Look what Carolina did to Jared Allen. He saw a single team maybe twice in 30+ pass plays. They rolled to the right side of the field away from him like 10 times. He didn't make a peep after the sack fumble.

Put Kleinsasser in for Shiancoe and just have him protect and hope Harvin/Rice/Berrian get open. Just a poor gameplan all around. They saw the tape from Cincy and just hoped the OL could get it done again.

They know what they have in Phil Loadholt. He's not a pass blocking specialist by any means. Take the guy out on 3rd downs or something and put somebody in that can move their feet. Dallas will absolutely destroy us in the playoffs with the way they move DeMarcus Ware around.

As far as McKinnie goes, he's still an above average LT. I'll just chalk it up to a bad game and Peppers beasting out of his mind. His hands were absolutely trashy last night. He's never been particularly quick out of his stances, but usually uses his hands very well to at least slow some momentum down.

Crazy_Chris
12-21-2009, 07:31 PM
I was scared Favre was gonna get hurt with all the hits he was taking last night. While I agree with the thought of taking him out to make sure he didn't get beat up too badly. I think there is no way you can think of doing it while the games is so close in the 3rd.

marshallb
12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I was scared Favre was gonna get hurt with all the hits he was taking last night. While I agree with the thought of taking him out to make sure he didn't get beat up too badly. I think there is no way you can think of doing it while the games is so close in the 3rd.

I agree with you. No way you take him out when the game was that close at that point. And to whoever said he can't bring us back from a 12 point lead with 7 minutes left, that was flat out stupid. That is only 2 TDs. It is utterly insane if you don't think it's possible with our weapons to score 2 TDs in 7 minutes.

I think we should have taken him out before the drive where he threw the pick though, as it was over by then.

vikes_28
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I agree with you. No way you take him out when the game was that close at that point. And to whoever said he can't bring us back from a 12 point lead with 7 minutes left, that was flat out stupid. That is only 2 TDs. It is utterly insane if you don't think it's possible with our weapons to score 2 TDs in 7 minutes.

I think we should have taken him out before the drive where he threw the pick though, as it was over by then.

I was talking about against the Panthers. No way we could have rushed two touchdowns in 7 minutes with all the pressure that they were getting on Favre.

LonghornsLegend
12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Well the media is going to have fun with the "turmoil in Minny" hype leading up to the MNF game you can believe. I read one link(granted it's PFT) that Childress tried to bench Favre twice before 2nite, once during the GB game when Favre supposedly changed the play up 10 to a deep pass in the game, and another vs the Lions this year. Not sure if you've read it, or how true it is, but it'll get some press.

Then Childress was supposedly pissed that Favre mentioned this story to the press at all.

I don't think it'll be a big deal, but I expect them to hype it up like it is one. I think if you guys can just get back to getting Peterson going and Favre managing the game instead of trying to win the game you should be fine. Besides you should still have a bye and one home game which should favor you in that regards.

vikes_28
12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Favre is an attention *****. What the hell are we fans supposed to expect?

General Zod
12-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I was looking forward to one of T-Jacks patented jump passes into double coverage.

No thanks.

yo123
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I was looking forward to one of T-Jacks patented jump passes into double coverage.

No thanks.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...I guarantee if he would have came in he would have been terrible and we all would be talking about how horrible a decision it was.

Pulling a top 5 QB in the league with a 1 point lead in the 4th quarter when your fighting for homefield advantage/first round bye is mindnumbingly stupid no matter how it's twisted.

marshallb
12-22-2009, 12:56 PM
I was talking about against the Panthers. No way we could have rushed two touchdowns in 7 minutes with all the pressure that they were getting on Favre.

I was too. It wasn't likely, but 2 TDs in 7 minutes is nothing, and supposedly when this first happened, there was 9 minutes left in the 3RD, and we were up 7-6.

marshallb
12-23-2009, 10:06 AM
A couple of things:

The feud between Favre and Childress is over audibles. Chilly is getting pissy over Favre calling audibles, which is ********. What did Childress expect? I think it is becoming less likely that Favre will return next year after this. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4767366

The Vikings 2010 schedule is out. It only has the teams we will play and not the weeks. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/7780/an-early-look-at-2010-schedules
Minnesota Vikings
Home: NFC North, Dallas, New York Giants, Buffalo, Miami, Arizona
Away: NFC North, Philadelphia, Washington, New England, New York Jets, New Orleans
That schedule looks very tough right now. NFC East and AFC East, with Arizona and New Orleans. Could be as many as 8 games against 09-10 playoff teams(NO, ARI, NE, PHI, DAL/NYG, GB 2x, and either Miami or NYJ). I don't like the idea of having to go to New Orleans either.

vikes_28
12-23-2009, 11:31 AM
This is what prock and I did with the Vikings mock draft. Tell me your thought, concerns, issues or other. And Please make prock feel welcome to the forum by giving him a rep comment. He helped greatly with this GM job.

Vikings Draft

1st round 30th overall: Traded to New England Patriots for LB(DE) Adalius Thomas and pick #45.
2nd round 45th overall: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
2nd round 62nd overall: Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech
3rd round 93rd overall: Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State

Overall, I'm happy with my draft. I think that I filled all major needs since Adalius Thomas would be playing DE. I feel as though I got 3 first round picks in this draft. I love Colt McCoys speed as well as the fact that he would fit perfectly in Brad Childress's offense. Morgan Burnett has potential to be a beast, and Navorro Bowman was BPA.

marshallb
12-23-2009, 05:01 PM
This is what prock and I did with the Vikings mock draft. Tell me your thought, concerns, issues or other. And Please make prock feel welcome to the forum by giving him a rep comment. He helped greatly with this GM job.

I think you guys did a very good job. I'm not a big fan of Thomas at LE, I don't think he'd be strong enough against the run for that. I think you guys got very good value and players that filled needs with the rest of the picks.

yo123
12-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Hooray for the Giants making us look.....better.

marshallb
12-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Hooray for the Giants making us look.....better.

I don't think Carolina was/is that bad. I don't think they are as good as they've played the last two weeks, but without Delhomme throwing 2 picks every game, they are a pretty good team. Good RBs and OL, although Gross and Otah are out, and a pretty good defense, especially when Peppers plays, and Steve Smith can definitely make plays.

vikes_28
12-27-2009, 10:07 PM
All the Vikings need to do is win out, and the Saints need to lose and we will have 1st seed. We can hope and pray.

djp
12-28-2009, 09:01 AM
All the Vikings need to do is win out, and the Saints need to lose and we will have 1st seed. We can hope and pray.

Let's just win tonight and go from there.

I learned my lesson from the Miami season after the OU win.

The Legend
12-29-2009, 02:24 AM
I think they should sit AP. Let him rest, and at the same time make him understand how important it is to hold the ball. Plus we need him 100% in the playoffs, and its not like we dont have a good back up.

FuzzyGopher
12-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I think they should sit AP. Let him rest, and at the same time make him understand how important it is to hold the ball. Plus we need him 100% in the playoffs, and its not like we dont have a good back up.

Should we also bench Longwell for missing the PAT, and Winfield for blowing so many coverages?

yo123
12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Start Chester next week. We can only live with so many fumbles, there's a certain point when enough is enough. Chester has been given us pretty much the same productivity as of late anyway.

I really don't want to be negative like this but I have no faith for us in the playoffs. Granted teams like New Orleans and Arizona aren't playing great either but if we can't beat a team like Chicago we aren't going to beat a team like Philly.

djp
12-29-2009, 02:39 PM
After sleeping on the game, here are my thoughts

- Trench play was pourous last night on both sides of the ball (McKinnie actually wasn't the problem last night at all, he was our best lineman. Herrera and Loadholt were awful) -- We aren't winning another game if they don't sack up. It must be a road thing, cause they've been great at home all year (especially Jared Allen)

- Favre was tremendous last night outside of 2 mistakes. The missed slant to Berrian and the dropped pick by Bowman intended for Percy. What a 2nd half, what a 4th quarter.

- I have a real feeling we are going to open up the offense the rest of the way, Favre showed his worth last night and Childress has to recognize that we're just not running the ball right now. I would be totally fine with a 45-50 pass game plan in the playoffs. He was making throws 15-20 yards downfield with no step, backfooting balls. Really, can't say enough about him.

- Are we really going to fumble the ball in OT, Adrian? That's just poor and inexcusable. At some point, pride has to kick in. It's got to be mental at this point. Get Robert Smith's ass up here and take Adrian under his wing.

- Kevin Williams has been invisible for the last half of the season. I don't know what's wrong with him but he's not even getting a double team anymore.

- 2nd half was really exciting to see us actually show emotion and put points up on the board. I hope this is a wakeup call.

- I just don't think we're a very good road football team at all. Especially up front. They just don't get up for the games away from the Dome. Hopefully the playoffs kicks their ass in gear.

- Winfield's not even close to 100%.. he was great for the Cincy game but he's aggravated that injury since then.

- Cedric Griffin is awesome.. never thought I'd say those words.. he's easily been our best defender the past month.

- Madieu Williams needs to go. I'm sorry. That's a poor effort all around. At least Tyrell Johnson was somewhat decent last night. I know Williams is a nice guy, but enough with the jokes. This guy's going to single handedly cost us a playoff game.

- Anyone notice Berrian has 60 catches this year? Huh? If I had to guess, it would be around 25.

- Sidney Rice is a god among men. Send him to the Pro Bowl please, he's been a top 3 receiver this year. What a ******* catch in the endzone.

- Really, it just comes down to execution. We got 2 lucky breaks on the dropped INT and missed FG by Gould (which is rare) and couldn't pull it off. I'm not ready to give up on this team by any means, I think if the line play improves we can handle anyone in the NFL. But this last month has been so deflating. What have we done to deserve such torture from our sports teams?

djp
12-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh, and Jasper Brinkley.. about what we expected, right? Huge hitter, good lateral movement, poor pass defender. Frazier needs to blitz him more. I'm sure he's having nightmares about the Jason Wittens and Jermichael Finleys of the world against Brinkley 1 on 1.

I have liked what I've seen from Brinkley, really. He did blow that goalline td to Clark but the guy was a 5th rounder. We can't really ask for much more out of that spot.

I'm just glad we didn't sign Nap Harris. Brinkley is better than Harris.

yo123
12-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah I forgot to mention Herrera, that was one of the worst performances from an offensive lineman I've seen in a while. The Bears don't even have a good defensive line. He made 2009 Tommie Harris look like 2005 Tommie Harris.

What's really disappointing about that ******* fumble is that Peterson looked like he was running with a purpose again. I was impressed with his performance for the first time in about 5 weeks. But we can't even have him on the field if he'f going to fumble this much. At that point in the game at that spot on the field you hold on that's your number one freakin priority, hold on with two hands.

princefielder28
12-29-2009, 03:05 PM
From a draft standpoint I think last night proved that the Vikings need to address DT early on in the draft and fortunately for them the depth is there to get a quality player at the bottom of round one. Of course they need to address safety as well but unless they fall deeply in love with Nate Allen I don't see them going that route in round one.

Crazy_Chris
12-29-2009, 04:33 PM

Start Chester next week. We can only live with so many fumbles, there's a certain point when enough is enough. Chester has been given us pretty much the same productivity as of late anyway.

I really don't want to be negative like this but I have no faith for us in the playoffs. Granted teams like New Orleans and Arizona aren't playing great either but if we can't beat a team like Chicago we aren't going to beat a team like Philly.

I really don't see any possible advantage to sitting the teams best offensive player in a game that they need to win to even have a chance at securing the #2 seed.

Crazy_Chris
12-29-2009, 04:39 PM
- Kevin Williams has been invisible for the last half of the season. I don't know what's wrong with him but he's not even getting a double team anymore.

I really disagree with this, just because he hasn't registered a sack doesn't mean he isn't showing up. Kevin has been constantly pushing the pocket is in the backfield a lot. QB's lately have been doing a good job of escaping the pocket to right Jared Allen and Kevin Williams should of had a sack last night but Jay slipped out.

yo123
12-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I really don't see any possible advantage to sitting the teams best offensive player in a game that they need to win to even have a chance at securing the #2 seed.

Best offensive "talent." As of now he's not our best offensive player. Taylor isn't going to break many 20 yard runs but he's going to be more consistent and not fumble.

Peterson isn't even helping the team right now, you can't put the ball on the ground as much as he is and be the best offensive player.

Sooner or later we have to send a message to him that it's not acceptable to fumble every 10 touches.

Crazy_Chris
12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Best offensive "talent." As of now he's not our best offensive player. Taylor isn't going to break many 20 yard runs but he's going to be more consistent and not fumble.

Peterson isn't even helping the team right now, you can't put the ball on the ground as much as he is and be the best offensive player.

Sooner or later we have to send a message to him that it's not acceptable to fumble every 10 touches.

It's not Adrians fault the O-line hasn't been run blocking worth a damn lately. Also his impact goes well beyond simply what rushing stats he ends up with.

Adrian just being on the feild brings the entire defense closer to the LOS, and opens up the passing lanes a lot for our WR's and Favre. Adrian Peterson is also the reason that Favre is the #1 Play Action QB in the league this year.

yo123
12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
It's not Adrians fault the O-line hasn't been run blocking worth a damn lately. Also his impact goes well beyond simply what rushing stats he ends up with.

Adrian just being on the feild brings the entire defense closer to the LOS, and opens up the passing lanes a lot for our WR's and Favre. Adrian Peterson is also the reason that Favre is the #1 Play Action QB in the league this year.

I definitely agree that the O-line has a lot to do with it, but they have nothing to do with the fumbles, and Chester has been just as productive if not more productive over the last few weeks and he's not going to fumble 1/5 of the amount that AD does.

Obviously Peterson is the better player, but just hearing him respond to some of the questions about his fumbles over the years pisses me off. He seems to use his aggressive running style as an excuse , and it isn't. Just hold onto the ball.

Crazy_Chris
12-29-2009, 05:24 PM
I definitely agree that the O-line has a lot to do with it, but they have nothing to do with the fumbles, and Chester has been just as productive if not more productive over the last few weeks and he's not going to fumble 1/5 of the amount that AD does.

Obviously Peterson is the better player, but just hearing him respond to some of the questions about his fumbles over the years pisses me off. He seems to use his aggressive running style as an excuse , and it isn't. Just hold onto the ball.

The thing is that the 2 are respected differently by defenses. Chester doesn't garner the 8 and 9 man boxes, because he isn't as dangerous of a runner aswell as because when he is in there they tend to pass the ball more than run.

djp
12-29-2009, 05:59 PM
I really disagree with this, just because he hasn't registered a sack doesn't mean he isn't showing up. Kevin has been constantly pushing the pocket is in the backfield a lot. QB's lately have been doing a good job of escaping the pocket to right Jared Allen and Kevin Williams should of had a sack last night but Jay slipped out.

He got a few pressures, but he's not playing near the level we are used to. He's not getting double teamed right now. That should be enough evidence.

djp
12-29-2009, 06:06 PM
From a draft standpoint I think last night proved that the Vikings need to address DT early on in the draft and fortunately for them the depth is there to get a quality player at the bottom of round one. Of course they need to address safety as well but unless they fall deeply in love with Nate Allen I don't see them going that route in round one.

We are still okay there. We contained them pretty well. Their most successful runs were off tackle with a pulling center. I thought Kennedy/Evans filled in fine for Fat Pat. At some point, I'd like a NT obviously to replace Pat, and I'd be fine if they went that way in round 1, but safety and guard need to be addressed before DT in my opinion. If anything we should look into another Mike backer as insurance if Brinkley doesn't progress and Henderson doesn't make it back for next year.

I would say any kind of BPA outside of receiver or corner would suffice.

Any word on Shiancoe's injury? We missed him last night when he came out.

I know Winfield has said he's going to keep playing with his foot injury.

Vikes99ej
12-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Heath Farwell made the Pro Bowl!!! I can't account for the rest of the kick coverage team, but that man is a stud.

Crazy_Chris
12-29-2009, 06:49 PM
I am disappointed that Percy Harvin wasn't selected as the NFC KR, but can't complain too much as Desean is definatly also very worthy as the NFC KR.

FuzzyGopher
12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
- Cedric Griffin is awesome.. never thought I'd say those words.. he's easily been our best defender the past month.

I was having this same thought this morning. He is quietly having his best year and has been one of our best defenders. The way his career started out slow and how he is playing now gives me hope for Tyrell Johnson. EJ Henderson progressed the same way, had a few rough seasons to start and then a light came on and he started playing great. Madieu Williams on the other hand is a piece of **** and I want him gone.

Crazy_Chris
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I was having this same thought this morning. He is quietly having his best year and has been one of our best defenders. The way his career started out slow and how he is playing now gives me hope for Tyrell Johnson. EJ Henderson progressed the same way, had a few rough seasons to start and then a light came on and he started playing great. Madieu Williams on the other hand is a piece of **** and I want him gone.

Well Griffin was atleast good at the very basics, he pretty much always was good reliable tackler. Cedric just needed to develop his ball, and coverage skills. Tyrell on the other hand is infuriating because he has given up a decent amount of big plays due to ******* up the basics. Tackling was supposedly Tyrell Johnson's best trait coming out of college. If he can clear up those problems I think he can be a good safety though.

Any word on Shiancoe's injury? We missed him last night when he came out.

I know Winfield has said he's going to keep playing with his foot injury.

According to Sean Jensen's twitter Shiancoe left the game with a Ankle injury. Childress said he should be just fine for this week(I hope so).

The_Dude
01-01-2010, 07:12 PM

This. He needs to know when to get down or go out of bounds. That fumble on Monday night was ridiculous. He should have stepped out of bounds after he got the first. He's great, but he has to learn when he can break out the big runs and when he just needs to give up on it.

On the Vikings as a whole the thing that is bothering me the most about these losses is that they just come out so flat. Monday's game should have been huge for us and they played like a bunch of losers. We are fading when the other playoff teams (except the Saints) are peaking. I bet that the Eagles go farther in the playoffs than either the Vikes or the Saints.

vikes_28
01-02-2010, 03:26 PM
This. He needs to know when to get down or go out of bounds. That fumble on Monday night was ridiculous. He should have stepped out of bounds after he got the first. He's great, but he has to learn when he can break out the big runs and when he just needs to give up on it.

On the Vikings as a whole the thing that is bothering me the most about these losses is that they just come out so flat. Monday's game should have been huge for us and they played like a bunch of losers. We are fading when the other playoff teams (except the Saints) are peaking. I bet that the Eagles go farther in the playoffs than either the Vikes or the Saints.

Number one reason I hate the Eagles. Cause they always have everyone wondering where they are going to be at the end of the season. Cause they start off slow, but then gain momentum. And beat good teams. It really irritates me.

FuzzyGopher
01-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Thank yooooooooooooooooooou Dallas!

Crazy_Chris
01-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Very Glad they got the #2 seed, some of their players really could use the extra rest. Also very glad that now they have only 1 possible road game(if NO & Min win) in the way of the getting to the SB.

FuzzyGopher
01-04-2010, 09:23 AM
This team is virtually unstoppable in a dome, all 4 losses came on grass. However if they even smell a blade of grass they transform into the 08 Lions.

Crazy_Chris
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
This team is virtually unstoppable in a dome, all 4 losses came on grass. However if they even smell a blade of grass they transform into the 08 Lions.

I sure hope it isn't particularly the grass because the Super Bowl is in Miami this year. But I honestly think there is more to it than Grass or Dome. Since the Cardinals are a dome team and the Vikes played just as ****** there as they did in Carolina, or Chicago(first half) so I don't think it's just the grass. I think it's hard to pin point what exactly is going on but they just haven't been a good road team in the latter part of the season.

FuzzyGopher
01-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I sure hope it isn't particularly the grass because the Super Bowl is in Miami this year. But I honestly think there is more to it than Grass or Dome. Since the Cardinals are a dome team and the Vikes played just as ****** there as they did in Carolina, or Chicago(first half) so I don't think it's just the grass. I think it's hard to pin point what exactly is going on but they just haven't been a good road team in the latter part of the season.

The Cards field is grass though. I dunno, historically the Vikings have been horrible outdoors/ on grass.

The Dynasty
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/vikings-pick-up-a-ninth-pro-bowler/

Percy Harvin has been put into the pro bowl as the Kick return specialist. DeSean Jackson can't be both..thats how i took it from the article.

vikes_28
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/vikings-pick-up-a-ninth-pro-bowler/

Percy Harvin has been put into the pro bowl as the Kick return specialist. DeSean Jackson can't be both..thats how i took it from the article.

exactly right. 9 pro bowlers this year. I wish the Pro Bowl wasn't before the Super Bowl :mad:

General Zod
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
I seen Jamarca Sanford a lot early during the Giants game. Is he starting yet? Or is he just getting rotated in more?

vikes_28
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
just getting rotated in more.

vikes_28
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
I was reading up on Mike Tice today. It made me depressed that Childress is our coach. I always thought Tice was a good coach...

I also read up on Spergon Wynn. Lol. Boredom :(

yo123
01-06-2010, 03:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4800641

Harvin wins OROY!

pete_norm
01-06-2010, 07:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4800641

Harvin wins OROY!

Good for him. I think he deserves it. He's been big for Favre as a safety valve all season. The games he missed with migraines, Brett wasn't really the same. Especially on third downs.

Let's hope he stays healty until after they win the Super Bowl :)

the_legend_killer
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Good for Percy, he made a very big impact on the team this year and was deserving of the award. I'm ready to eat crow, I was pretty against the Harvin pick initially, but he's shown up ready to work and has made an impact. Looks like a great slot receiver and return man for years to come.

JFLO
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Congrats Percy!

Did anyone see Len Pasquarelli's All-Pro team?

Ray Edwards and Kevin Williams made the team, but no Jared Allen?

Don't get me wrong, Edwards had a good season, but to leave Jared Allen off is pretty questionable.

marshallb
01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Congrats Percy!

Did anyone see Len Pasquarelli's All-Pro team?

Ray Edwards and Kevin Williams made the team, but no Jared Allen?

Don't get me wrong, Edwards had a good season, but to leave Jared Allen off is pretty questionable.

I LOLed at that when I saw it. Edwards did have a good season, but All Pro? hell no.

marshallb
01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Good for Percy, he made a very big impact on the team this year and was deserving of the award. I'm ready to eat crow, I was pretty against the Harvin pick initially, but he's shown up ready to work and has made an impact. Looks like a great slot receiver and return man for years to come.

I wasn't very happy about the pick, but for reasons that were cleared up. I believed he had the talent, but I felt that we should take Oher, but we were able to get Loadholt in the 2nd, so that filled our biggest need, RT. I also wasn't sure we'd use him in the right way, but I have been pretty happy with how we've used him.

Dr. Gonzo
01-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I am going to pat myself on the back a little. I am wrong as much as I am right but I was pulling for Harvin to be the pick all last offseason. I am glad I got to be at the Draft and be one of the very few who cheered the pick. When Oher fell I kind of wanted him but I think in the end things turned out for the best. Congrats Percy and hopefully he can help lead to Vikes to a superbowl so he can have a nice relaxing weed filled offseason.

vikes_28
01-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Frazier to Interview with Bills (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8158cef5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

BuckNaked
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Frazier to Interview with Bills (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8158cef5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Let's cross our fingers that we hold onto him for another year.

yo123
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM

Don't get me wrong I like him and all, but don't you think there are a lot of guys out there that could have done what he did this year?

Coaching a defense with guys like Allen, the Williams', EJ, Greenway, Winfield, Griffin, and Ray Edwards isn't exactly rocket science, and I don't think we always played up to our potential this year.

I'll be somewhat upset if he leaves, but if he does I won't be completely crushed.

vikes_28
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I didn't say I wanted him to stay. I think he deserves it to go and be a head coach somewhere else. I honestly think that he will stay for another year at least. I don't think Ralph Wilson will take a coach who hasn't had previous experience. I would bet money that they get Bill Cowher.

IF he does leave, I have a feeling that Childress will just promote someone from within the organization.

Dr. Gonzo
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM
I still hate Brad Childress. Even if we win the superbowl, I will still hate Brad Childress.

vikes_28
01-07-2010, 02:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhijWrjy8Uo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhijWrjy8Uo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ha.

vikes_28
01-07-2010, 05:03 AM
I think that everyone needs to be a little bit more pessimistic about the Super Bowl possibilites for the Vikings. The playoffs aren't easy. I am a vikings fan, but level headed enough to tell you that they will do something to screw it up. All this "it's our year" and "Vikings are Super Bowl bound" garbage needs to stop.

I posted this on the Vikings fan page on facebook. All of them are saying the same things. It just seems like a bunch of ignorant fans that don't see the potential in teams like the Cardinals and Packers.

pete_norm
01-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I posted this on the Vikings fan page on facebook. All of them are saying the same things. It just seems like a bunch of ignorant fans that don't see the potential in teams like the Cardinals and Packers.

Right now, i'm a bit more concerned about the Cowboys than the Packers and Cards. Their defense plays really well and their offense seems to have found a way to be balanced with Jones and Barber tearing it up. I'm pretty sure that they will beat the Eagles in Dalas this weekend and i'm not sure how well our defense will match up against them. We need Fat Pat to be back and in great shape to plug the middle if we want to have a chance against them.

I'm like you, i'm not one of those fans that thinks we'll easily win the SB. The Bye and home field advantage gives us a better chance to reach it. With some luck, Arizona or Green Bay will beat NO in the second round and we can play the NFL championship at home. Wolrd war 3 between GB and Minnesota would be fun to watch.

vikes_28
01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Lol, and the Minnesota Vikings deleted my post on their fan page :D

djp
01-08-2010, 12:45 AM
If this season was any indication for me, it's that Peterson is at his finest when he's utilizing that violent, explosive running style.

A style that will probably unfortunately cut his career short by 2-4 years, but you just can't cage Peterson like they did at some points of this season. Re-watching some of the games, you can tell that he's hitting his hole much differently than he did previously, and that was because he wasn't being consistent enough.

At this point, however, you just need accept him for what he is, a breathtaking athlete who will rip off long runs. He might not get 4 yards every time, but you live with it if he manages 3-4 20+'ers a game.

pete_norm
01-08-2010, 07:39 AM
What worries me sometimes about Peterson is that he seems to have lost a bit of his instinct as a runningback. In his first year, he hit those holes like crazy without really thinking and trusted his talent. He never seemed uncertain, he just ran like hell.

Now, i think he is a bit overcoached. Sometime he gets the ball and seems uncertain where to go. He looks (and waits) too much for the perfect hole and when holes are not perfect or collapse, he loses a yard or two. He seems to think a bit too much and not react on instinct as well as when he came into the league. If he could get to a mental point between running on pure instinct and overthinking every details, he would be even better than now.

With that said, he's a way better blocker and especially receiver now than he was last year and that opens up more possibilities for him to gain yards on pass plays.

yo123
01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
What worries me sometimes about Peterson is that he seems to have lost a bit of his instinct as a runningback. In his first year, he hit those holes like crazy without really thinking and trusted his talent. He never seemed uncertain, he just ran like hell.

Now, i think he is a bit overcoached. Sometime he gets the ball and seems uncertain where to go. He looks (and waits) too much for the perfect hole and when holes are not perfect or collapse, he loses a yard or two. He seems to think a bit too much and not react on instinct as well as when he came into the league. If he could get to a mental point between running on pure instinct and overthinking every details, he would be even better than now.

With that said, he's a way better blocker and especially receiver now than he was last year and that opens up more possibilities for him to gain yards on pass plays.

The last two weeks of the year I thought he ran really well, and more similar to the style that makes him so good. Except for that damn fumble against the Bears.

pete_norm
01-08-2010, 10:49 AM
The last two weeks of the year I thought he ran really well, and more similar to the style that makes him so good. Except for that damn fumble against the Bears.

The worst thing about that fumble is that without it, we might have had the first seed in the playoff since NO lost to Carolina in the last week of the season :(

hagy34
01-08-2010, 03:48 PM
The worst thing about that fumble is that without it, we might have had the first seed in the playoff since NO lost to Carolina in the last week of the season :(

Tough to say that. NO started Mark Brunell that game....

FuzzyGopher
01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Joe McKnight declared, I would love love love to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd to replace Chester Taylor.

vikes_28
01-09-2010, 07:19 PM
If you guys are ever looking for cool vikings wallpapers,

go to www.foreverpurple.net. Lots of cool ones.

marshallb
01-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Dallas next week. I felt as though Dallas would be the toughest matchup for us in the NFC, and if they play like they did tonight, that'll be one hell of a tough game. I definitely think we can win, but we're going to have to bring our A game.

Crazy_Chris
01-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Apparently, according to ESPN the Vikings are a lock to lose against the Cowboys next week :rolleyes: ...

http://espn.go.com/?topId=4811775

The Poll at the bottom asks how far will the cowboys go in the playoffs. The only 2 options are make it to NFC Championship, or make it to the Super Bowl.

the_legend_killer
01-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Eh, that's fine, let BSPN assume they'll get their beloved Cowboys winning as a guarantee (Although, yes, I know, they love Favre nearly as much). But yeah, they'll need to bring their top game next weekend.

yo123
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM
If we're going to win next week, we're going to have to overcome about 5 sacks from Demarcus Ware going up against Mckinnie, because that WILL happen.

the_legend_killer
01-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Jim Kleinsasser should be imbedded on the immediate left of McKinnie, to have any chance.

yo123
01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Jim Kleinsasser should be imbedded on the immediate left of McKinnie, to have any chance.

That would be the smart thing to do, but we never did catch on against Peppers for whatever reason. Hopefully they come with a better game plan next week.

The Dynasty
01-10-2010, 03:26 PM
If we're going to win next week, we're going to have to overcome about 5 sacks from Demarcus Ware going up against Mckinnie, because that WILL happen.

The vikings just need to do what the Cardinals did to us with Jared Allen. Find Demarcus Ware..and just chip him when he rushes. It will give Favre time to get the ball off. I wanted to face Dallas. The thing that really scares me is how the vikings have been vs TE. We just need to pressure romo and make sure he makes mistakes.

BGB
01-11-2010, 05:23 PM
That would be the smart thing to do, but we never did catch on against Peppers for whatever reason. Hopefully they come with a better game plan next week.

In the game against Carolina and Peppers McKinnie was trying to correct the "tell" in his stance everyone was making a big deal about. It obviously did a lot more harm then good so he went back to doing it the old way and has been fine. The defense knows when its a run or pass play 90% of the time anyways.

McKinnie takes a lot of heat here in MN but he'll do fine against Ware. I'd be suprised if Ware has more then 1 sack.

yo123
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
In the game against Carolina and Peppers McKinnie was trying to correct the "tell" in his stance everyone was making a big deal about. It obviously did a lot more harm then good so he went back to doing it the old way and has been fine. The defense knows when its a run or pass play 90% of the time anyways.

McKinnie takes a lot of heat here in MN but he'll do fine against Ware. I'd be suprised if Ware has more then 1 sack.

Why? Ware has dominated plenty of tackles who are good pass blockers, and pass blocking has never been McKinnie's strong suit.

vikes_28
01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
We need a good pass blocking tackle.

Kid_Ego
01-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Actually Pass blocking was his strong suit the only reason we drafted him. McKinnie I mean. I have always felt he has been over rated

vikes_28
01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Our whole offensive line is better at run blocking than pass blocking.

rchrd
01-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Sorry, you all are probably more than well aware of this, I knew Shiancoe has been doing well but I didn't realise...

Shiancoe, in fact, has caught 18 touchdowns over the past two seasons. No other NFL tight end can match that production. In fact, the only two NFL players who have caught more touchdowns than Shiancoe over the past two seasons are Arizona receiver Larry Fitzgerald (25) and New England receiver Randy Moss (24).

Not bad for someone who was thought of as one of the weak links of the free agency class from a few years back.

pete_norm
01-17-2010, 03:27 PM
New Orleans, here we come !! :)

djp
01-17-2010, 03:37 PM
God that was an absolute ass kicking. Looked like an extension of the NYG game.

Defense is all world at home, let's see if they pack up the belongings and bring it to New Orleans next week.

FuzzyGopher
01-17-2010, 04:53 PM
The defensive line reminded me of the way the Giants d line played when they won the Super Bowl. They are going to have to keep it up to beat NO. I'm pretty sure that's how Dallas beat them, they just kept hitting Brees and disrupted the timing of all his throws.

Crazy_Chris
01-17-2010, 05:20 PM
I was extremely impressed with Ray Edwards he brought his A game today. A bunch of tackles 3 sacks, and a forced fumble all while not playing the whole game. I just hope his injury won't keep him out the rest of the way.

BGB
01-17-2010, 10:13 PM
The defensive line reminded me of the way the Giants d line played when they won the Super Bowl. They are going to have to keep it up to beat NO. I'm pretty sure that's how Dallas beat them, they just kept hitting Brees and disrupted the timing of all his throws.

Well both Dallas' lines are way better then New Orleans so if we can handle being on the road we should crush them too. Even as bad as our O line has been run blocking for AP this year we should be able to run on NO.

princefielder28
01-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Brett Favre <3

OSUGiants17
01-18-2010, 09:25 AM
ONmEVro8Fog
hahahahaha

FuzzyGopher
01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/18/favre-vikings-put-their-pants-on-the-ground/#comments

"But before we go, allow us to nudge a dark cloud over the purple parade. The scene in the Vikings' locker room was a little too jubilant for our liking. They've got an incredibly difficult game on tap next Sunday at New Orleans, and if they somehow win in the Superdome, the Vikings will have to face the Jets or the Colts in Miami. On grass. Without a roof.

So we think it would be wise to avoid any further "Pants on the Ground" celebrations until the Vikings emerge from the next two games without a "Foot up the Ass"

Lmfao, Florio is such a douche. All he does is post stories from other media outlets on his site and adds his own commentary. God forbid a team celebrate for winning a playoff game.

singe_101
01-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Wait, so you mean playoff games might be a challenge?

The Jets with a rookie QB will use grass to win? The Colts would be at home?

The Packers were 6-2 at home (Bengals) but got destroyed by a motivated Vikes team. Charles Woodson held Favre to two of his best games and tons of TDs.

The Vikes should not be overhyped but a 12-4 team scoring 30+ per game and allowing less than 20... not too shabby. Plus a 34-3 win.

vikes_28
01-18-2010, 10:57 PM
I emailed florio and gave him a piece of my mind.

yo123
01-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Kind of late but how bout those offensive tackles on Sunday? They did a freakin awesome job on two great players in Spencer and Ware. Definitely was not expecting that.

Crazy_Chris
01-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Kind of late but how bout those offensive tackles on Sunday? They did a freakin awesome job on two great players in Spencer and Ware. Definitely was not expecting that.

They were excellent, I can't really remeber ware's name being called other than the play in the first quater were he came off the right side unblocked and sacked Favre.

yo123
01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
4UQXnsD9CF8

The Dynasty
01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
For anyone who cares...The Vikings now have 10 Pro Bowl Players. Antoine Winfield was added to the roster. I think there might be something wrong with that but hopefully they will have to replace 10 viking players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/19/vikings-add-another-pro-bowler/

prock
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM
jesus christ, this is going to be a long week! i cannot wait until sunday!

djp
01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
YCz6-GBtjiQ

djp
01-20-2010, 07:50 PM
rDQEor54K2Q

When you see Harvin's entire body of work, it makes it all that much more impressive. This kid is a straight stud.

LonghornsLegend
01-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Forgot to give you guys props on the ass kicking the past weekend, certainly not expected but well deserved. Ray Edwards played like a mad man, Columbo sucked balls and probably should of been benched for Free anyhow, but he may be our starting LT for us next year anyway.

I really really liked Robison for you guys(obviously because he's a Longhorn but a physical specimen and versatyle) and I figured he would benefit the most from your dominant 3, but Edwards showed me alot. He has a nice arsenal of moves, and when Pat Daddy is in the middle shutting **** down it helps in general.

I think we could of at least made it competitive but driving way down field to continually miss FG's was killing our momentum, but either way with the way the D-line was dominating us it wouldn't have mattered. Just hate that Folk ruined his season/career with the surgery and honestly there weren't any better options out there late in the year, he used to be so clutch for us. People will assume Romo choked or played like **** which I can see but he had people in his face all game. We moved the ball early but you guys did your part and kept us out of the end zone.

I love what I see in Rice, I had been a fan for years now, and remember posing the question last off-season of why you guys were so in love with courting Housh when you had the same player in Rice except younger, cheaper, and more explosive, Rice always had all the tools so no surprise there.

What is a surprise is that AD looks pedestrian, nothing more then average, which I haven't seen from him EVER, not since I've been following him since he was about 17 years old. He's always been the best athlete on the field and made defenses look foolish, I don't know if he indeed did gain the weight, or is hurt, or what, but he's not the same player he's been his entire career and I'd love to see the old AD back. He only needs to be a good 215, he's got the right mix of power and speed, I just hope he breaks out vs NO because now that were gone I wouldn't mind seeing Favre win a SB.

Gotta give Chilly his props, when guys were talking about earlier how all this hoopla wasn't fair to T-Jack and Sage, wonder how they feel now.

djp
01-20-2010, 07:51 PM
B7cHUGCpjzg

Just helping pass the time fellas.

djp
01-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Forgot to give you guys props on the ass kicking the past weekend, certainly not expected but well deserved. Ray Edwards played like a mad man, Columbo sucked balls and probably should of been benched for Free anyhow, but he may be our starting LT for us next year anyway.

I really really liked Robison for you guys(obviously because he's a Longhorn but a physical specimen and versatyle) and I figured he would benefit the most from your dominant 3, but Edwards showed me alot. He has a nice arsenal of moves, and when Pat Daddy is in the middle shutting **** down it helps in general.

I think we could of at least made it competitive but driving way down field to continually miss FG's was killing our momentum, but either way with the way the D-line was dominating us it wouldn't have mattered. Just hate that Folk ruined his season/career with the surgery and honestly there weren't any better options out there late in the year, he used to be so clutch for us. People will assume Romo choked or played like **** which I can see but he had people in his face all game. We moved the ball early but you guys did your part and kept us out of the end zone.

I love what I see in Rice, I had been a fan for years now, and remember posing the question last off-season of why you guys were so in love with courting Housh when you had the same player in Rice except younger, cheaper, and more explosive, Rice always had all the tools so no surprise there.

What is a surprise is that AD looks pedestrian, nothing more then average, which I haven't seen from him EVER, not since I've been following him since he was about 17 years old. He's always been the best athlete on the field and made defenses look foolish, I don't know if he indeed did gain the weight, or is hurt, or what, but he's not the same player he's been his entire career and I'd love to see the old AD back. He only needs to be a good 215, he's got the right mix of power and speed, I just hope he breaks out vs NO because now that were gone I wouldn't mind seeing Favre win a SB.

Gotta give Chilly his props, when guys were talking about earlier how all this hoopla wasn't fair to T-Jack and Sage, wonder how they feel now.

Thanks for the words. Like I said in your guys' thread, game just snowballed on you guys. it happens to us.

We are all just so skeptical right now. '98 left us some scars that seriously hurt. We have been burned many a time before. It's just hard to think about what we can still achieve this season.

About the game, yeah, I agree, Free wasn't bad at all. I have liked him for awhile. Definitely need some OL help in the draft, luckily you guys get your 1st back again so that's good.

As far as Childress goes, I think Sunday was the first time we actually saw him motivate the troops. He has always been a pretty damn good talent evaluator, but he's evolving as a coach and I don't think any of us can deny that.

Peterson is so damn due. Our offensive line just isn't getting push. I think we can run on them on Sunday. He's definitely running harder the past 3-4 weeks after a terrible midseason lull. It's just tough for him, it's not like he's missing holes or anything. Just bad blocking.

Ray Edwards is earning himself a hell of a lot of $ this offseason, enough to where it's pretty certain that we won't be able to re-sign him with pending Peterson/Sidney Rice extensions. Although we are in all likelihood cutting Madieu Williams and Berrian so that will give us a ton of cap room as well since both contracts were fairly frontloaded while we were so far under the cap.

Still wondering why you guys kicked a FG on the 30 in the opening drive. Loud stadium, shaky kicker, short down and distance, moving the ball well.. just all the ingredients. I can see wanting to put up points early (especially since your D had been playing so well prior to our tilt), but you gotta gamble sometimes.

Best of luck. Most of my thoughts are on your guys thread.

LonghornsLegend
01-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Best of luck. Most of my thoughts are on your guys thread.

Yea I kinda skipped over most of that, still not over the game :( So I didn't rehash most of the stuff in the thread. I didn't know Ray Edwards contract was up soon though, should be interesting to see how you guys play that out because Rice isn't going anywhere. Curious to see if he can keep this up if Favre happens to retire.

vikes_28
01-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the words. Like I said in your guys' thread, game just snowballed on you guys. it happens to us.

We are all just so skeptical right now. '98 left us some scars that seriously hurt. We have been burned many a time before. It's just hard to think about what we can still achieve this season.

Also, 2000 (or whatever year that was), when the Giants rocked our asses. I turned that game off after the first quarter.

djp
01-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Also, 2000 (or whatever year that was), when the Giants rocked our asses. I turned that game off after the first quarter.

Not nearly as bad. That team was not going to beat the Ravens and they got blown out. Blow outs are much easier to take than missing a ******* chip shot with a kicker who hadn't missed all season to ice the game.

djp
01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Yea I kinda skipped over most of that, still not over the game :( So I didn't rehash most of the stuff in the thread. I didn't know Ray Edwards contract was up soon though, should be interesting to see how you guys play that out because Rice isn't going anywhere. Curious to see if he can keep this up if Favre happens to retire.

One thing we have to remember is he's probably going to lose about 10% of the contract that he would get since he tested positive for steroids and is one more suspension away from missing a full 16. He's not dumb enough to violate it again (I hope, let's not forget he claimed he was gonna break Strahan's single season sack record), I don't think.

It's possible that we re-sign him, but that would be a ridiculously large amount of $ invested in 4 lineman. Not to mention we are probably gonna give a 1st or 2nd rounder money to play behind (or for if we win the SB) Pat Williams.

He is also an RFA, meaning we could match a contract or receive compensation for him. Vikings have to decide what type of transition tag/qualifying offer they want to give him. I'd say it's likely he's back next year, but probably not long after that.

Childress and Spielman have been VERY loyal to current players (Griffin, Winfield, Greenway, Henderson to name a few), so I wouldn't be shocked by a 3-4 year deal either.

hagy34
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Check this one out....pretty damn funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Vl8YakINc

vikes_28
01-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Check this one out....pretty damn funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Vl8YakINc

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5Vl8YakINc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5Vl8YakINc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

for the people who are too lazy to leave NFLDC

hagy34
01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Have you guys heard that Keith Brooking is starting up the NFL Play 58 Campaign this offseason? Yes, that is correct. He encourages kids to get out and play 58 minutes each day, but definitely not 60 because he doesn't want you to hurt someones feelings.

pete_norm
01-21-2010, 05:32 PM
When you see Harvin's entire body of work, it makes it all that much more impressive. This kid is a straight stud.

What really stands out for Percy in that video is that number of yards he gets after first contact. He's a small guy but still he's real difficult to bring down.

The_Dude
01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
What really stands out for Percy in that video is that number of yards he gets after first contact. He's a small guy but still he's real difficult to bring down.

This is what has also impressed me the most about Percy. I knew that he could do "stuff", but i didn't know that he could break tackles like he did.

FuzzyGopher
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM

He's obviously a great athlete, but the one thing that stands out to me is his awareness. He always knows where the defenders are, sometimes after a catch he'll reverse field and make guys miss. He's also a tough so of a *****, for a small guy he's not afraid of contact.

Kid_Ego
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
I could see him becoming a kevin faulk type player harvin I mean he seems like he could be a running back as well

vikes_28
01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
He's obviously a great athlete, but the one thing that stands out to me is his awareness. He always knows where the defenders are, sometimes after a catch he'll reverse field and make guys miss. He's also a tough so of a *****, for a small guy he's not afraid of contact.

Unlike Bernard Berrian.

BuckNaked
01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Unlike Bernard Berrian.

Bernard Berrian is such a *****. I was watching ESPN and Herm Edwards (who btw just plays to win the game) said he would be our "x-factor" of the game. I don't know what outraged me more, the fact that he would say that or the fact that I had to hear Berrian's freakin name when it wasn't game day. What an overpaid softie.

prock
01-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Bernard Berrian is such a *****. I was watching ESPN and Herm Edwards (who btw just plays to win the game) said he would be our "x-factor" of the game. I don't know what outraged me more, the fact that he would say that or the fact that I had to hear Berrian's freakin name when it wasn't game day. What an overpaid softie.

there is a reason that herm edwards is in the studio now, not on the sidelines.

hagy34
01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
I have no idea what the cap situation is with Berrian but I would be totally on board with cutting him after this season. He just doesn't do enough to warrant that kind of money.

vikes_28
01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
If Berrian were cut we would gain about 3 million in cap space. I like Jaymar Johnson or Darius Reynaud or Silver Fox at 3rd WR.

hagy34
01-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Jaymar would be fine as a 3rd WR

vikes_28
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
What's the Vikings record now with those throwbacks? I wish the Vikings would switch back to those permanently.

General Zod
01-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Honestly, I think Greg Lewis might be a decent 3rd or 4th WR.