PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

FuzzyGopher
03-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Camp fodder.

FlyingElvis
03-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Andrews probably won't be in the league in 2010. He keeps saying he wants to play but never actually shows that he wants to play. Waste of talent.

Post 2001 in the Vikes team thread!!

Yay me.

vikes_28
03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Um, am I alone here with not understanding this signing?

Probably just a depth move. Sort of like the signing of Karl Paymah last year. And yes, he also might just be a camp guy.

BlueBandit24
03-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Probably just a depth move. Sort of like the signing of Karl Paymah last year. And yes, he also might just be a camp guy.

Yep. Gotta get to 53 somehow. If Montgomery gives us similar production to what he did in 2008, fantastic. If he's cut during camp, well, it's not like we invested much in him.

General Zod
03-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Oh no, we lost out on the Tye Hill sweepstakes! First LT, now this, what are we going to do?

*note sarcasm* :-)

Crazy_Chris
03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh no, we lost out on the Tye Hill sweepstakes! First LT, now this, what are we going to do?

*note sarcasm* :-)

Hey, atleast we were able to snag the great Rhys Lloyd , and the amazing Mike Montgomery.

:D

FlyingElvis
03-31-2010, 09:56 AM
lol. Free agency really leaves something to be desired this year.

vikes_28
03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey, atleast we were able to snag the great Rhys Lloyd , and the amazing Mike Montgomery.

:D

Rhys Lloyd is going to pwn some bitches.

General Zod
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
This little bit from the Minn Star:

Darius Reynaud could be converted back to a running back for the 2010 season, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

He played both running back and receiver while at the University of West Virginia, but the Vikes had been using him exclusively at wideout. With Chester Taylor now gone, however, they look willing to get creative. Stay tuned.

djp
04-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Just wanted to apologize to all of you for not being active lately, I just turned 21 + have been in baseball mode in anticipation for the new stadium.

I'll do my best to post as much as possible.

As far as Reynaud goes, I don't see the harm in trying it. I've actually seen him play running back, he would spell Slaton before Devine got there. I'd be interested to see if he's purely being groomed for 3rd down or if they actually intend on using him to run the stretch play on 1st and 2nd down as well. I think this preseason is going to be awesome. Everyone has their role pretty much set outside of a few positions so I think the coaches are willing to experiment with lots of different packages.

Also, forgive me, but what happened to Tahi? Did he sign any sort of deal with anyone? We are idiotic for not going HARD after Tony Richardson again. He's miles better than Tahi and clearly still has some gas left in the tank.

contento
04-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Also, forgive me, but what happened to Tahi? Did he sign any sort of deal with anyone? We are idiotic for not going HARD after Tony Richardson again. He's miles better than Tahi and clearly still has some gas left in the tank.

Tahi hasn't signed his tender yer- and this is just my guess, but I'm assuming Rhys Lloyd is gonna take Tahi's roster spot...Tahi is the most expendable guy on our 53-man roster.

Dugan or Sass could play FB in a pinch.

djp
04-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Tahi hasn't signed his tender yer- and this is just my guess, but I'm assuming Rhys Lloyd is gonna take Tahi's roster spot...Tahi is the most expendable guy on our 53-man roster.

Dugan or Sass could play FB in a pinch.

Childress has a hard on for Tahi so I would imagine he's going to come back at some point, as shameful as it is.

vikes_28
04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Dugan >>>>>>>> Tahi

He's like an extra offensive lineman, obviously.

Crazy_Chris
04-02-2010, 01:40 AM
I wish they would have let the bengals have him last year, but they like Tahi for some reason.

FuzzyGopher
04-02-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't understand....Tahi was 1st in fan voting for the Pro Bowl last year and now you guys want him gone?!?

jimmylishis
04-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't understand....Tahi was 1st in fan voting for the Pro Bowl last year and now you guys want him gone?!?

simply put, fans are ********. Most of the votes were just a result of the success we were having in no way did he deserve to be in the pro bowl

yo123
04-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think Tahi was nearly as bad as he was in his first year. Last year he looked pretty average to me. Just never, ever, ever give him the ball.

jimmylishis
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5050137

Ken Hamlin anyone?

FuzzyGopher
04-02-2010, 12:24 PM
No thanks. We already have a bunch of guys that can't cover or tackle.

The Dynasty
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/89778202.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU

Darius Reynaud officially moved to RB. So does this take us out of the 2nd to 3rd to Mid Round Running back in the draft?

Also.. http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/89776877.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB of Indiana(PA) is coming in to work out. The 2nd or 3rd CB Prospect that has come in to work out. So Its really looking like a CB is a top priority for the Vikings.

General Zod
04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/89778202.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU

Darius Reynaud officially moved to RB. So does this take us out of the 2nd to 3rd to Mid Round Running back in the draft?

Also.. http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/89776877.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB of Indiana(PA) is coming in to work out. The 2nd or 3rd CB Prospect that has come in to work out. So Its really looking like a CB is a top priority for the Vikings.

Its just really hard for me to see Childress taking a RB is this draft. I still think maybe a veteran is going to come in at some point.

Also the more i see Devin McCourty, the more I like him. I think he'd be a great pick with our first.

Crazy_Chris
04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I have read a couple articles a while ago that the word is the Vikes are pretty high on Albert Young, so with Reynaud officially a RB now that could suggest RB woun't be targeted until the later rounds.

As for CB I agree it really seems that the Vikings are making it a Priority to get another CB early in the draft this year. I agree with Zod aswell the closer we get the more I am warming up to Devin McCourty at #30.

marshallb
04-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable that the Vikings won't be taking a RB in the draft, unless one falls hard or maybe in the real late rounds.

vikes_28
04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Jason Campbell please.

marshallb
04-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Jason Campbell please.

it's not gonna happen sorry. There is no way we bring in another veteran QB, I can definitely see us drafting one early on in the draft, but we're not gonna trade for a veteran QB. I'm also starting to get my hopes up for Clausen now with the way things are setting up for a fall for him.

russie
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm not high on clausen. he seems like one of the douches that's supposed to be on that jersey shore show.

BlueBandit24
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not high on clausen. he seems like one of the douches that's supposed to be on that jersey shore show.

I've never been a Clausen fan, but most seem to be in agreement that he's matured a lot recently. He's still kind of a douche, but he's a douche I'd love to be the future of the Vikings.

marshallb
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Clausen may be a douche, but it seems that he has matured and is much less of a douche, but he is a damn good football player and is a top 10 talent at QB, and if he would fall to the early 20s I think we should definitely trade up to grab him to be our franchise QB to ensure that no one else moves up to get him.

russie
04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
i'm still not sure about the love for clausen. he didnt really accomplish anything at ND, and he has a reciever that is expected to go in the first round, so the talent around him isnt really an issue. he seems like a cocky bit ch and while his accuracy is very good, his arm strength is lacking.

who knows, i wasnt high on percy at this time last year either, and we know how that turned out

marshallb
04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
i'm still not sure about the love for clausen. he didnt really accomplish anything at ND, and he has a reciever that is expected to go in the first round, so the talent around him isnt really an issue. he seems like a cocky bit ch and while his accuracy is very good, his arm strength is lacking.

I disagree with this quite a bit, Clausen may not have won a whole lot at ND, but he had no running game when he was there and their defense was pretty bad at best for most of his time. His #s though were great, look at his stats for the last 2 years, they are damn good #s especially out of a pro style offense, not the spread that puts up such huge #s. He does have some talented receivers in Tate as well as Floyd and Rudolph, but the o-line was consistently bad and there was almost no running game. I'm not an expert on ND by any means, but the not winning the BCS or anything was not his fault. He may also not have the strongest arm, but it is more than adequate and is far from the Pennington level.

russie
04-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Ray Edwards holds out hope for an offer sheet
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2010 11:58 PM ET
Last month, rumors and reports circulated that the Eagles and/or the Saints could be pursuing Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards, a restricted free agent tendered at the first-round level. To date, nothing has happened. But with five days remaining until the window for signing offers sheets slam shuts, Edwards has yet to rule out the possibility that an opportunity will come, according to Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

If it doesn't happen, Edwards won't be signing his one-year contract with the Vikings.

"I won't be [at Winter Park]," Edwards said. "Whenever I have to sign, that's when I'll sign."

As a practical matter, Edwards has to sign by June 15. Thereafter, the Vikings can reduce the tender offer to 110 percent of Edwards' base salary for 2009, which would shrink his pay from $2.521 million to $1.1 million.

Zulgad writes that Edwards is upset with the fact that the labor deal increased the years of service necessary to qualify for free agency from four years to six, given the uncapped year. Still, he's one of the few who is taking a stand; plenty of other players who would have been unrestricted free agents in an uncapped year have signed their RFA tenders.

The_Dude
04-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I would be just fine if the Vikes were able to trade away Edwards for a 1st round or early 2nd round pick.

BlueBandit24
04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I would be just fine if the Vikes were able to trade away Edwards for a 1st round or early 2nd round pick.

Absolutely. He's got talent, but he's not somebody I'd want to throw big money at, and that seems to be the only thing he'll settle for.

contento
04-10-2010, 11:35 AM
WTF? early 2nd round pick?

I agree Big Play *** has a bad attitude, but DE's like him don't grow on trees...and next year could be the last realistic shot at a SB for a while, unless we find a QB worth a damn.

The_Dude
04-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Yup, i'd be happy to dump him for a high 2nd. It really is not that crazy. Robison is a good pass rush option & i would be content with picking up a rotational guy with our 2nd or 3rd. Wootton could be an option in the late 2nd.

marshallb
04-10-2010, 01:34 PM
If we could get a first or even a top 5-10 pick in the 2nd, I'd do it. Edwards is great at stopping the run, but hasn't been the type of pass rusher he was expected to be, or should be with the other guys we have on that d-line. He didn't have that good of a season except for a couple games, namely the Dallas playoff game, and during the regular season, almost half of his 8.5 sacks came in 2 games, he had 2 each against the Lions and the Packers, neither of whom have very good o-lines.

BlueBandit24
04-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I'd be happy with that return as it's excellent value in a player trade. We likely would not be able to replicate Edwards' production next year, but I think we'd do well enough with a rotation on that side. Getting that type of value for a guy whose time in purple may be limited is fantastic IMO.

vikes_28
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Robison is a Jared Allen clone. Which is ok. But I'd much rather have Edwards than Robison. Edwards does a good job at stopping the run.

marshallb
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Robison is a Jared Allen clone. Which is ok. But I'd much rather have Edwards than Robison. Edwards does a good job at stopping the run.

I agree with you on rather having Edwards, but if you could get a first/early second for him in a draft this early I think you almost have to take it.

General Zod
04-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Fred Evans and Ryan Cook(booo) both signed tenders to remain Vikings.

Edit: and Tahi did too

DHVF
04-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Fred Evans and Ryan Cook(booo) both signed tenders to remain Vikings.

Edit: and Tahi did too
Well this news greatly saddens me

marshallb
04-15-2010, 09:29 PM
A few tidbits(all from the Star Trib):
T-Jack will sign his RFA tender soon (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/90972559.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU)

Reynaud got moved to RB due to imitation (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/90897734.html?page=1&c=y)

Vikings interested in Lito Sheppard (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/90843794.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU)

vikes_28
04-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Sheppard would be awesome.

yo123
04-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Sheppard was awful with the Jets last year. It would just be depth but still, meh.

BlueBandit24
04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Sheppard's been pretty bad the last few years. He's just a relatively big name guy who keeps getting chances. No thanks.

djp
04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
http://web8.twitpic.com/img/87891310-7f22cbc3a24d0ced5e1ce8b5e8b253f4.4bc9fd0c-full.jpg

vikes_28
04-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Maybe Sheppard will have a turn around!

Crazy_Chris
04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Ray Edwards doen't plan on showing up at winter park for the offseason work outs...

The Vikings have at least one restricted free agent who won’t be spending much time at Winter Park this offseason.

Defensive end Ray Edwards made it clear that he doesn’t plan to sign the first-round tender he received from the team until the last minute. That means he won’t be at the team’s offseason workouts or camps.

Edwards, who led the NFL in sacks with four in the playoffs last season, received the one-year, $2.5 million tender from the Vikings, instead of a getting the first- and third-round tender of $3.2 million. That turned out to be a good move by the Vikings, considering Edwards did not receive an offer sheet from another team.

The amount of the tender is not what upset Edwards most. He is mainly steamed by the fact the NFL’s soon-to-expire collective bargaining agreement stopped him from becoming an unrestricted free agent after four seasons. Instead, a player needed six years of service to become unrestricted.

“My frustration is that I signed a four-year contract, I didn’t sign a six-year contract,” Edwards said. “There’s nothing you can really do about it, so I’m just waiting my time, see what I can do to better my situation. I do need to take care of myself and my family. Don’t get me wrong, we definitely get paid a nice amount of money but let’s be fair here. So that’s my thing about the whole situation.

“I’m not mad at the team, not at all. They gave me a chance to live my childhood dream of playing in the NFL, so I can’t really be mad at them. In part they can do what’s right on their end. But it’s a business decision. They are doing their best to [make] the business decision that they feel is best so we’ll see where that goes.”

Thursday marked the final day that restricted free agents could sign an offer sheet with another team.

After that, Edwards’ rights belong solely to the Vikings. But doesn’t mean he has to sign the offer the Vikings extended to him right away. That won’t need to be signed until June 15. It’s at that point the Vikings can drop their tender offer to 110 percent of Edwards’ $1.01 million base salary from last year.

Edwards said there have been no discussions of a long-term deal with the Vikings. “I’m not talking to any of those guys,” he said. “If they want to talk to me they talk to my agent. For the simple fact, we want to get the deal done. I worked my four years here, the length of my contract, so we just want to get our market share

http://min.scout.com/2/963042.html

The Dynasty
04-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Im fine with him skipping off season works out and stuff. That stuff doesn't really bother me. It really sounds like he wants to test the market and become the top DE of a team. So therefore, It could be interesting if he becomes a draft day trade and I think if we could get an Early 2nd for him in this draft.. I'd say take it. Robison has looked good and thhe DE class is pretty deep also in this draft.

FuzzyGopher
04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
I wonder if we really haven't offered him a contract or if he's just pulling stuff out of his ass. It seems really weird that we wouldn't at least offer him something, if even if it is a low ball offer. I would like to keep him around, but he hasn't exactly been an amazing player in his time here. I'm thinking he wants a massive contract and the front office isn't willing to throw a ton of money at him.

Crazy_Chris
04-17-2010, 11:40 PM
He is just mad he couldn't cash in on his good season/big post season this year. I would like to get good value for him in a trade but at the same time he could be a valueable part of a SB push. As you can never have too many good pass rushers when you are making a super bowl push.

General Zod
04-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Tavaris Jackson signs tender today.

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/12464766432

I suddenly get flashbacks of jump passes into triple coverage, 5 yard swing passes that hit the RB/WR in the feet.

Yeah, our starter if no Bret this season.

vikes_28
04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Tavaris Jackson signs tender today.

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/12464766432

I suddenly get flashbacks of jump passes into triple coverage, 5 yard swing passes that hit the RB/WR in the feet.

Yeah, our starter if no Bret this season.

It'll be Colt McCoy before it's Tavaris Jackson.

the_legend_killer
04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
It'll be Colt McCoy before it's Tavaris Jackson.

I think I'd rather have Jackson. Unless we run nothing but bubble screens...

marshallb
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
I think I'd rather have Jackson. Unless we run nothing but bubble screens...

I'd rather have Jackson for this year, but after that give me Colt McCoy any and every day of the week and twice on Sundays. His arm strength is not good, but it's not as bad as you're making it sound, and I know you're exaggerating, but "come on man..."

the_legend_killer
04-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Honestly it doesn't bother me if he doesn't have a cannon because, I think arm strength is quite overrated. There's just something about McCoy as a prospect that worries me, can't really put my finger on it. I guess if they got him in the 2nd round it wouldn't bother me, but if we spend a 1st on him I'll be very pissed.

djp
04-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Honestly, if we don't have a quarterback that can win us a Super Bowl, the whole season pretty much means nothing. We need Favre if we want to be elite again. Jackson should be better the next time he steps on the field, a lot better. But he still will never match Favre and Colt McCoy, Tebow, LeFevour, or any other guy we could get where we'll be picking, won't either.

Pray that Favre comes back, fellas. Pray.

Vikes99ej
04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Honestly, if we don't have a quarterback that can win us a Super Bowl, the whole season pretty much means nothing. We need Favre if we want to be elite again. Jackson should be better the next time he steps on the field, a lot better. But he still will never match Favre and Colt McCoy, Tebow, LeFevour, or any other guy we could get where we'll be picking, won't either.

Pray that Favre comes back, fellas. Pray.

What he said.

I'm optimistic, but it would still be nice to pick up McCoy as a backup. For some reason I can see us getting some small-school QB and trying to make him work.

vikes_28
04-19-2010, 02:08 PM
What he said.

I'm optimistic, but it would still be nice to pick up McCoy as a backup. For some reason I can see us getting some small-school QB and trying to make him work.

Lol, ya, like Tavars Jackson?

Vikes99ej
04-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Lol, ya, like Tavars Jackson?

Yeah, what I was thinking. With the exception of the 2007 draft, the Vikes have never gone with what I had thought they were going to go with.

Bengals78
04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Note to self:
Dont call Jared Allen's fiancee a bad name..
http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/19/jared-allen-video-bar-fight-nfl-minnesota-vikings-scottsdale-arizona/

marshallb
04-20-2010, 03:51 PM
It was confirmed by Goodell in his chat today that the Thursday night season opener will be Vikings @ Saints. Another glimpse: Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune tweeted that the Vikings will likely play the Jets on Thanksgiving night (http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/12530816618)

EDIT: Another glimpse: the Detroit News is reporting that the Vikings will close the season in Detroit on January 2nd, as part of the all divisional games the last weekend. Which means the Packers and Bears would then play at that time.

djp
04-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Week 1 @ Saints (NBC) - L
Week 2 vs Dolphins - W
Week 3 vs Lions - W
Week 4 BYE
Week 5 @ Jets (ESPN) - L
Week 6 vs Cowboys - W
Week 7 @ Packers (NBC) - L
Week 8 @ Patriots - L
Week 9 vs Cardinals - W
Week 10 @ Bears - L
Week 11 vs Packers - W
Week 12 @ Redskins - W
Week 13 vs Bills - W
Week 14 vs Giants - W
Week 15 vs Bears (ESPN) - W
Week 16 @ Eagles - L
Week 17 @ Lions - W

10-6 at very early glance

Crazy_Chris
04-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I was worried when the commish talked about division games in the last weeks that we would be going to chicago or green bay in the last few weeks. But we get chicago home and only have to go to detriot so that worked out fine.

Also Glad we don't have any thurday nighters other than week 1. Don't like having the bye week so early. At early glance I see 10-6 as the worst case scenario but I think we go 13-3(All assuming favre comes back of course).

The_Dude
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
4 Primetime games: 1 Thurs; 1 Sun Night; 2 Mon Night

Since we usually get the Monday night games, I think that the wife & I will be heading to the Bears game in December.

None of the home games really excite me though....

& i agree with your assessment DJP, However, the Packers & Bears games are always toss ups. I could see us winning against them on the road (more than them beating us at home)

marshallb
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I hate the early bye. It seems like every year we have an early bye(except last year that is, and that worked real well). Weeks 5-11 looks to be real tough, with 6 out of the 7 teams being playoff teams from last year, and the 7th being at Chicago. I like the end of the schedule though, the last 5 weeks we're indoors 4 of the 5, with the 4th one being a tough one at Philly.

I'd say that 9-7 looks like the absolute worst case scenario, but I'd have to say 12-4/maybe 13-3 seems about right to me if Favre comes back, if not, I'd be leaning towards 11-5/10-6 with T-Jack/Sage, which should still mean a playoff spot.

GB12
04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
When do single game tickets go on sale?

vikes_28
04-20-2010, 11:40 PM
The Vikings and Giants play every single year. I kind of like it. Cause the Giants are probably my 3rd favorite team to watch. There's sort of a rivalry.

General Zod
04-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Looks like a cool line up. I just hate having a bye week so early in the season.

BlueBandit24
04-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Ditto on the bye. It seems as though most years we're locked into Week 4/Week 5 and I don't like it.

Obviously, it all depends on Favre. We could struggle to make the playoffs with Jackson/Rosenfels but I think 11 wins is the minimum (assuming decent health) with Favre back.

Vikes99ej
04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, this is like the 11th time in a row we've faced the Giants, and the 3rd time in a row at home.

The_Dude
04-21-2010, 11:52 AM
I think that this schedule confirms a Favre return. Primetime games against his previous 2 teams & a rematch of the NFC Championship Game. His return had to be taken into account to come up with this.

contento
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Week 1 @ Saints (NBC) - L
Week 2 vs Dolphins - W
Week 3 vs Lions - W
Week 4 BYE
Week 5 @ Jets (ESPN) - L
Week 6 vs Cowboys - W
Week 7 @ Packers (NBC) - L
Week 8 @ Patriots - L
Week 9 vs Cardinals - W
Week 10 @ Bears - L
Week 11 vs Packers - W
Week 12 @ Redskins - W
Week 13 vs Bills - W
Week 14 vs Giants - W
Week 15 vs Bears (ESPN) - W
Week 16 @ Eagles - L
Week 17 @ Lions - W

10-6 at very early glance

So we'll win a whopping 2 road games, one of them in Detroit?

You suck at predicting things.

russie
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Lito shuffles to Minnesota
Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2010 6:47 PM ET
A day after the Vikings learned that they'll be facing the Saints and quarterback Drew Brees to open the season, the NFC runners-up beefed up their defensive secondary.

According to a league source, veteran cornerback Lito Sheppard has agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract.

Sheppard visited the Vikings today, after several weeks on the free-agent market.

He immediately solidifies a cornerback depth chart that features an aging Antoine Winfield and Cedric Griffin, who suffered a torn ACL in the NFC Championship Game.

djp
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
So we'll win a whopping 2 road games, one of them in Detroit?

You suck at predicting things.

These were our road wins last year :

Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis, Green Bay

This team couldn't block a soul or rush the passer on the road last year

marshallb
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
We do have a tough road schedule, pretty much all the tough teams we face are on the road. The only team that djp has us losing to on the road that wasn't a playoff team last year was Chicago, who beat us at their place last year, and will be an improved team this year. I do think we'll sneak out 1 or 2 more of those road ones, but it could be a tough year on the road.

The Dynasty
04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/91842004.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU

So apparently the Vikings have called the Redskins to see about Haynesworth. I would love to get him. His contract is pretty much already soaked up. Him and Kevin Williams would be beasts. Just speculation right now but interesting to see.

djp
04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/91842004.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU

So apparently the Vikings have called the Redskins to see about Haynesworth. I would love to get him. His contract is pretty much already soaked up. Him and Kevin Williams would be beasts. Just speculation right now but interesting to see.

I'd trade pick 30 for Haynesworth. Most of his contract is pretty much taken care of and he'd be a welcome addition to this line once Pat leaves.

Vikes99ej
04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't mind him either, but I wonder where that would put Pat for this year.

djp
04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't mind him either, but I wonder where that would put Pat for this year.

I love Pat, but the guy struggled last year. He's clearly past the twilight of his career and now steadily declining. This is a chance to get one of the most dominant presences in football on your defensive line for probably a second round pick. Of course, there's risk involved, with Haynesworth being a nut job and all, but you gotta figure he brings his lunch pail to work with such immense talent around him.

Vikes99ej
04-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I love Pat, but the guy struggled last year. He's clearly past the twilight of his career and now steadily declining. This is a chance to get one of the most dominant presences in football on your defensive line for probably a second round pick. Of course, there's risk involved, with Haynesworth being a nut job and all, but you gotta figure he brings his lunch pail to work with such immense talent around him.

I can't imagine he would be anything but enthusiastic to leave Washington and come here. And Pat would still be great for depth.

marshallb
04-22-2010, 03:52 PM
That sounds exactly like a Madden move. I know Pat isn't as good as he used to be, but I definitely don't think he'd be too happy about being a backup. I don't see how that would work out for this year, but it'd be great for the future, once Pat retires.

djp
04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
That sounds exactly like a Madden move. I know Pat isn't as good as he used to be, but I definitely don't think he'd be too happy about being a backup. I don't see how that would work out for this year, but it'd be great for the future, once Pat retires.

I don't anticipate Pat Williams being too happy with the move either, but this is a business and if you want to improve your team, you have to deal with these things sometimes.

Crazy_Chris
04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Pat may not be thrilled but he is still on the team for only 1 reason. That is is to win a superbowl. I don't think he will be too upset about bringing in another elite talent that can help get that goal this year.

General Zod
04-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Just a thought...

K-Will has played end in the past and been pretty productive at that spot. Pat and Albert at DT, Allen and K-Will at de?

:-)

GB12
04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Maybe in certain packages that would work, but if that were to happen (and god I hope it doesn't) it'd be best to just replace Pat with Haynesworth. Pat would still be used in a rotation and it'd keep them all fresh. That would be just a nasty defensive line.

Crazy_Chris
04-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe in certain packages that would work, but if that were to happen (and god I hope it doesn't) it'd be best to just replace Pat with Haynesworth. Pat would still be used in a rotation and it'd keep them all fresh. That would be just a nasty defensive line.

I agree with this, in a package used a few snaps every game that could be good. Kevin did line up at LDE as a rookie and did very well. But I don't think Kevin would be as good of a pass rusher from the DE at this point in his career.

I do love the idea of a run down package consisting of Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, Pat Williams, and Kevin Williams.

marshallb
04-23-2010, 09:59 PM
I posted this same thing in the draft thread, but I figured I should put it here too as it has more to do with the team than the draft.

I hate quoting PFT again for the second time in as many days, but this may have something to do with why we have passed on these possible franchise QBs: Vikings think Favre could play two more years (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/vikings-think-favre-could-play-two-more-years/)

Seems like a dumb reason to me, the guy hasn't even committed to playing this year and you're thinking that he's gonna play two more years.

vikes_28
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I posted this same thing in the draft thread, but I figured I should put it here too as it has more to do with the team than the draft.

I hate quoting PFT again for the second time in as many days, but this may have something to do with why we have passed on these possible franchise QBs: Vikings think Favre could play two more years (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/vikings-think-favre-could-play-two-more-years/)

Seems like a dumb reason to me, the guy hasn't even committed to playing this year and you're thinking that he's gonna play two more years.

I just saw this. I'm not sure I'm ready for two more years of Favre. I can stand one more, but another after that, is just annoying. He's going to do the same thing over and over again. And tbh, I'd like to move on with a young QB in Minnesota.

The Dynasty
04-28-2010, 01:19 AM
I just saw this. I'm not sure I'm ready for two more years of Favre. I can stand one more, but another after that, is just annoying. He's going to do the same thing over and over again. And tbh, I'd like to move on with a young QB in Minnesota.

Yeah Same. Im sick of getting these older veterans who come in and take us to the playoffs but can't take us all the way. Warren Moon..Randall Cunningham..Jeff George..Brett Favre..and Im sure there is more. I want a young QB who can be the franchise QB for 10-15 years. Sort of like every team in our division has but us.

BlueBandit24
04-28-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd love a young, franchise changing type of quarterback for the Vikings more than anything else in the world. But if Brett does bring a Superbowl title to Minnesota, it will all be worth it.

vikes_28
04-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah Same. Im sick of getting these older veterans who come in and take us to the playoffs but can't take us all the way. Warren Moon..Randall Cunningham..Jeff George..Brett Favre..and Im sure there is more. I want a young QB who can be the franchise QB for 10-15 years. Sort of like every team in our division has but us.

That year was beyond his control. :mad:

marshallb
04-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Numbers of the Vikings draft picks (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/92097829.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU)

The Vikings roster has been updated with the numbers for the team's eight draft picks. Because we know many of you follow this stuff here it goes:

CB Chris Cook will wear No. 31

RB Toby Gerhart will wear No. 32

DE Everson Griffen will wear No. 97

OL Chris DeGeare will wear No. 72

LB Nate Triplett will wear No. 58

WR Joe Webb will wear No. 14

TE Mickey Shuler will wear No. 84

FB Ryan D'Imperio will wear No. 44

marshallb
04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
A list of tryouts (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/92191809.html?elr=KArksU9PmP:QiU47cQUU)

C Eddie Adamski, Northern Illinois
OL Jake Arthur, South Dakota
OT Adrian Battles, Minnesota State, Mankato
LB Elijah Hodge, Northern Iowa
DT Wes Lane, Northern Iowa
RB Derrick Law, Northern Iowa
LB Jaevery McFadden, Wisconsin
DE Barrett Moen, Minnesota
OL Bill Noethlich, Southwest Minnesota State
QB Ryan Perrilloux, Jacksonville (Alabama) State
RB Tyler Roehl, North Dakota State
CB Kelvin Rodgers, Minnesota State, Mankato
CB Marcus Sherels, Minnesota
LB Zach Watkins, Washburn (Kansas)
DB Matt Winney, Wisconsin-La Crosse

BlueBandit24
04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
I went to high school with Barrett Moen. The guy is a manchild (literally 6'5, 290 pounds of pure muscle; I believe he did 35 or so reps at 225). He's just an extra body but it is cool to see he's getting a tryout.

marshallb
04-28-2010, 10:56 AM
I went to high school with Barrett Moen. The guy is a manchild (literally 6'5, 290 pounds of pure muscle; I believe he did 35 or so reps at 225). He's just an extra body but it is cool to see he's getting a tryout.

That's pretty cool, hopefully he can at least make it onto the 80 man roster for training camp.

BlueBandit24
04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm really interested to see what kind of an impression Perrilloux makes during his tryout. Physically, he might be the most gifted quarterback in this class with his combination of athleticism and arm. Obviously, he has more off-field baggage than anyone cares to take on and he has little experience playing quarterback at a high level. It's possible he sticks though if the staff is wow'd by his tools and convinced that most of his problems are behind him.

marshallb
04-28-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm really interested to see what kind of an impression Perrilloux makes during his tryout. Physically, he might be the most gifted quarterback in this class with his combination of athleticism and arm. Obviously, he has more off-field baggage than anyone cares to take on and he has little experience playing quarterback at a high level. It's possible he sticks though if the staff is wow'd by his tools and convinced that most of his problems are behind him.

I think his best chance would be as a practice squad guy, I don't think he really has a shot at making this roster, especially with Chilly's apparent love for veteran QBs. He was a guy that I was very intrigued at when he first arrived at LSU, but then he had his troubles.

prock
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
I am with you all in terms of getting a young quarterback. I am sick of having an unsteady situation. I just want to be set at quarterback for more than a year...

Vikes99ej
04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Don't worry, we'll get our young QB when we draft Sam McDonaldson from Northern Arkansas State next year in the third round.

vikes_28
04-28-2010, 02:28 PM
http://www.lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/facepalm.jpg

BuckNaked
04-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Toby Gerhart jersey coming in the mail..thank you very much.

marshallb
04-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Favre needs surgery on his ankle. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940) I'm pretty sure we'll be let in on his intentions a lot sooner than anyone was expecting. If he has the surgery, he's gonna play, if he decides not to have the surgery, he's gonna retire. Simple as that.

FuzzyGopher
04-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Favre needs surgery on his ankle. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940) I'm pretty sure we'll be let in on his intentions a lot sooner than anyone was expecting. If he has the surgery, he's gonna play, if he decides not to have the surgery, he's gonna retire. Simple as that.

Pretty much the exact same thing that happened last year except it was his bicep. He kept denying that he had surgery and they had reporters camping out of Dr. Andrews office. Let's brace ourselves for another media circus.....

Vikes99ej
04-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I expect Favre to come back, but if he doesn't there is going to be a **** storm in Minnesota.

Kid_Ego
04-30-2010, 12:16 PM
What the hell is the excuse for not drafting a qb? really? it would piss Favre off? Hes only under contract for one more year and he hasnt exactly steped up to the plate to assure us that there is any reason not to piss him off?

The_Dude
04-30-2010, 12:17 PM
What the hell is the excuse for not drafting a qb? really? it would piss Favre off? Hes only under contract for one more year and he hasnt exactly steped up to the plate to assure us that there is any reason not to piss him off?

Arrogance. Plain and simple.

FlyingElvis
04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
All those mock drafts where I said things like "there's no way in hell Clausen falls to the Vikings" . . . then he does and he just keeps going right on by. Stupid.

marshallb
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
All those mock drafts where I said things like "there's no way in hell Clausen falls to the Vikings" . . . then he does and he just keeps going right on by. Stupid.

I thought the same way as you. I don't like us passing on him, but there were other teams with a more dire QB situation than us who passed on him(Buffalo and Cleveland come to mind).

FlyingElvis
04-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I think Clausen will be very good and quite a few teams will look dumb. I just don't buy the BS. If a guy has top 20 talent you take him, especially if he's a QB.

BlueBandit24
04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
The notion that the Vikings passed on Clausen simply to placate Favre was a product of the moronic talking-heads at ESPN. If that was their true thought process, everyone within the organization should be fired immediately and banished from the NFL.

Brett is the Vikings quarterback until he no longer wants to be. Drafting one would not change that. I liked Clausen before the draft, but the fact that he dropped to the middle of the 2nd round gives me pause. It doesn't mean he can't have success, but NFL organizations are privy to more information than us and they clearly saw something that scared them off. Quarterbacks in general have a high bust rate, but outside of the 1st round, the odds are heavily tilted in favor of a quarterback not panning out. If Clausen can't succeed in Carolina, he won't have succeeded anywere.

marshallb
04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I think Clausen will be very good and quite a few teams will look dumb. I just don't buy the BS. If a guy has top 20 talent you take him, especially if he's a QB.

The notion that the Vikings passed on Clausen simply to placate Favre was a product of the moronic talking-heads at ESPN. If that was their true thought process, everyone within the organization should be fired immediately and banished from the NFL.

Brett is the Vikings quarterback until he no longer wants to be. Drafting one would not change that. I liked Clausen before the draft, but the fact that he dropped to the middle of the 2nd round gives me pause. It doesn't mean he can't have success, but NFL organizations are privy to more information than us and they clearly saw something that scared them off. Quarterbacks in general have a high bust rate, but outside of the 1st round, the odds are heavily tilted in favor of a quarterback not panning out. If Clausen can't succeed in Carolina, he won't have succeeded anywere.

I agree with you, I still really like Clausen and think he'll be a damn good QB, but there had to have been something that caused teams other than us to pass on him, for reasons not related to not trying to piss Favre off, which imo was absolutely not the reason they passed on him.

vikes_28
04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
The thing that irritates me most is that we traded up in the second round, wasted our 3rd round pick, and picked an effin running back. I thought for sure we'd pick Clausen when we traded up. I thought wrong.

BlueBandit24
04-30-2010, 07:41 PM
I thought for sure we'd pick Clausen when we traded up. I thought wrong.

That might have been tough since he was off the board already. :)

marshallb
04-30-2010, 09:05 PM

Yup. Clausen went at 48 and we traded up to 51, but as soon as we had traded up I instantly thought we were moving up for either Colt McCoy or Vladimir Ducasse, I never once thought about a RB, let alone Gerhart.

marshallb
04-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Favre says surgery would be minor. (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/92523744.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU)

"I want to add to the information provided in the article that was published this morning on ESPN's website. Given the reaction to the article, and the typical conclusion jumping, I thought I'd clarify a few things.

"While my ankle has been bothering me, the injury is not debilitating. For example, I'm able to work around my property without any problems. Sure -- certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but it's nothing that I haven't experienced [or played with] before. In fact, many people don't realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. I've had surgery on this ankle twice before, and I've played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.

"I don't believe major surgery on the ankle would be required for me to return in 2010. I've consulted with Dr. Andrews on the phone, and a relatively minor procedure could be done to improve the dexterity of the ankle, and to relieve the pain. I've put up with pain worse than this in my career, and I didn't want anyone to assume that the possibility of surgery was the sole factor that would determine whether I return or not. Some people reacting to the ESPN story have made this assumption. I don't blame them for doing so, given that the term 'surgery' often covers a variety of procedures, some more complex than others.

"The ankle pain is a factor, but one of many factors that I'll need to consider in making my decision. Other factors include the input of my family, and the wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings."

Interview with Chilly. (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/92540954.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQi U47cQUzyaP37D_MDua_eyD5PcOiU)

vikes_28
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM

my bad. Brain fart. but you get my frustration.

FuzzyGopher
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817fc15b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Williams wall suspended....for now. I think we should trade for Haynesworth as a replacement for Pat and as insurance in case this suspension sticks.

the_legend_killer
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm not too surprised, honestly. Big bad NFL can't get anything wrong, oh well.

FuzzyGopher
05-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Pat being suspended doesn't really bother me, at this point in his career he is more of a situational player and not as dominant as he was. Kevin however will be a significant loss.

vikes_28
05-06-2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817fc15b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Williams wall suspended....for now. I think we should trade for Haynesworth as a replacement for Pat and as insurance in case this suspension sticks.

I'll pass. He'd probably be way to expensive. I'm not really willing to give away a 1st next year since the QB class is so deep.

FuzzyGopher
05-07-2010, 01:25 AM
Supposedly he was available for a 2nd during the draft. I agree I wouldn't give up a 1st for him.

JFLO
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Our defensive line would probably be equal to most teams enitre defenses if we nabbed Haynesworth, cost wise.

No like.

FuzzyGopher
05-07-2010, 01:16 PM
3 years $16m is about as big a bargain as you're going to find.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/06/at-three-years-and-16-million-haynesworth-contract-is-now-very-tradeable/

BlueBandit24
05-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Haynesworth is relatively cheap at this point, but I wouldn't be willing to part with a premium draft pick since I don't trust Big Al in a non-contract year. If the Williams' Wall is suspended I'd rather go with Kennedy/Evans and hope for the best.

marshallb
05-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Vikings are interested in Chester Pitts (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/93213339.html?elr=KArksUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQiU47cQU U)

Good competition for Herrera I guess.

marshallb
05-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Didn't know if this should go here or in the draft thread, but decided to put it here:
Vikings sign first draft pick(D'Imperio) (http://blog.vikings.com/2010/05/17/vikings-sign-7th-rounder-dimperio/)

The_Dude
05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Ok, the wife and I chose our tickets for this upcoming season. We had to buy one pre-season game & one regular season game.

We are going to watch the Denver Tebows. I know, it is the 4th pre-season game and we will only be watching the scrubs, but I figured that it would give us a chance to watch Tebow suck it up.

For the regular season game, we had our choice of any of them except the Packers game, and we took the Dallas game. To be honest, none of the home games really excited us & i felt that this would be the opportunity to see the best home game this year. Dallas will be charged up & looking for revenge for the ass-kicking that they took last year.

That is all.

marshallb
05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Ok, the wife and I chose our tickets for this upcoming season. We had to buy one pre-season game & one regular season game.

We are going to watch the Denver Tebows. I know, it is the 4th pre-season game and we will only be watching the scrubs, but I figured that it would give us a chance to watch Tebow suck it up.

For the regular season game, we had our choice of any of them except the Packers game, and we took the Dallas game. To be honest, none of the home games really excited us & i felt that this would be the opportunity to see the best home game this year. Dallas will be charged up & looking for revenge for the ass-kicking that they took last year.

That is all.

Yea, the home schedule this season is not near as good, for interesting games, as the road schedule. I'd also have chosen the Dallas game, no doubt.

vikes_28
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Didn't know if this should go here or in the draft thread, but decided to put it here:
Vikings sign first draft pick(D'Imperio) (http://blog.vikings.com/2010/05/17/vikings-sign-7th-rounder-dimperio/)

This is good. We have a replacement for the worthless Tahi. Maybe AD can get some good yards this year eh?

Crazy_Chris
05-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Apparently the Vikings are impressed with Webb's throwing abilitly, and have switched him back to QB.

“In rookie camp they wanted to see me throw some,” Webb said. “I threw a couple balls for them and they liked the way I threw. Over the break they told me they wanted me to play quarterback when I come back for the OTAs.”

That’s what he’s been doing in the first two OTA practices this week and it sounds like that’s the plan for the foreseeable future.

http://min.scout.com/2/971149.html

marshallb
05-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Apparently the Vikings are impressed with Webb's throwing abilitly, and have switched him back to QB.

http://min.scout.com/2/971149.html

Just more of that versatility Chilly loves.

djp
05-20-2010, 04:02 PM
HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Brett Favre says he still isn't sure what he's doing next season, but he may have given some indication after visiting with the Southern Miss baseball team.

The Minnesota Vikings quarterback told the Golden Eagles on Thursday morning that if they can make it back to the College World Series for the second straight year, he will return for one more season in the NFL.

Favre has left fans hanging since the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the NFC Championship game. He signed a two-year contract with the Vikings before last season. Coach Brad Childress hasn't talked with Favre recently except by text message.

Southern Miss players have a lot of work to do if they want to force Favre into action. They are 30-20 and need wins to earn a postseason invitation.

I think he'll be back after reading that.

Crazy_Chris
05-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I think he'll be back after reading that.

I always figured he would be back this year but he would come back in similar timing as last year. With the latest news of his surgery on the ankle it seems all the more likely this is the case.

Big news today aswell on Pat & Kevin, as we know they lost their case in court. But they have appealed the decision and just today were granted another injunction blocking the NFL from suspending them during the appeal.

The judge had some interesting things to say about the case.

Although Larson ruled against the Williamses in his decision, claiming that the NFL didn’t harm the Williamses through their drug testing policy and procedures that contradicted Minnesota law, in his ruling Friday, he gave the distinct impression that his ruling may well be overturned on appeal, saying the league shouldn’t benefit from “it’s own misconduct.”

“(The NFL) knew StarCaps contained Bumetanide, that players were ingesting Bumetanide, that Bumetanide was dangerous and withheld information about StarCaps, knowing that players would suffer as a result. (The NFL) created a trap that it knew would result in violations of the program.”

“(The NFL) could have easily avoided this very situation by informing players or teams what it already knew – that StarCaps contained a hidden, dangerous substance. (The NFL) knew that many players were already inadvertently ingesting Bumetanide and continued to the place the health, safety and welfare of its players in jeopardy, so that (NFL General Counsel) Adolpho Birch could play a game of ‘gotcha.’ The league clearly allowed a half dozen other players to use Bumetanide without punishment"

http://min.scout.com/2/971637.html

marshallb
05-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I always figured he would be back this year but he would come back in similar timing as last year. With the latest news of his surgery on the ankle it seems all the more likely this is the case.

Big news today aswell on Pat & Kevin, as we know they lost their case in court. But they have appealed the decision and just today were granted another injunction blocking the NFL from suspending them during the appeal.

The judge had some interesting things to say about the case.

http://min.scout.com/2/971637.html

You can definitely count me in the camp that says Favre will be back. After what he said to the Southern Miss baseball team and now for sure after he had the surgery there is almost no doubt in my mind.

Those quotes from the judge makes me wonder why he even ruled against the Williamses in the first place...The injuction is nice as it basically blocks the suspension until the trial has no more appeals, either until it reaches the Supreme Court or one side gives up and stops appealing.

FuzzyGopher
05-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Didn't the NFL offer to drop to suspensions but dock them 4 game checks? They should of just done that and avoided this legal mess. Pat Williams is probably going to retire after this year and avoided any discipline at all.

marshallb
05-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Didn't the NFL offer to drop to suspensions but dock them 4 game checks? They should of just done that and avoided this legal mess. Pat Williams is probably going to retire after this year and avoided any discipline at all.

I don't remember hearing anything about that, and I'd be hard pressed to believe that they wouldn't have taken that. I still don't know why the two sides don't settle on it, the NFL gets to save face a bit and the Williamses don't have to sit out as many games if any.

Crazy_Chris
05-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Those quotes from the judge makes me wonder why he even ruled against the Williamses in the first place...The injuction is nice as it basically blocks the suspension until the trial has no more appeals, either until it reaches the Supreme Court or one side gives up and stops appealing.

Well the NFL hasn't tryed to dispute that they broke Minnesota state law. Their whole case is based on that the CBA should superseed it in this case since Viking ownership and all the NFL players(NFLPA) both agreed to abide by it. Basically the NFLs stance is you are responsible for what in your body no matter what, the circumstances surronding it don't really matter. Aswell they are argueing if the suspension is overturned based upon the state law would be very bad for their drug policy. As it will have a negative affect on their ability to have a uniform and fair policy for all players no matter which state they play in(which IMO is a good point).

Both sides have fair points and I wouldn't want to be the judge on this case. It seems it was a tough decision and he didn't really like it considering they did break the state law, but he agreed with the NFLs arguement.

There were rumors of a deal the NFL had offered much earlier in this process. I can't specifially remember the exact details but it was along those lines.

The Dynasty
05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
http://blog.vikings.com/2010/05/25/jared-allens-mullet-is-no-more/

Its a sad day... Jared Allen cut the mullet off.

The_Dude
05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
It is sad for me to say that i totally understand....

J-Mike88
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Fellas, this might be old news for some of you, but it might be fresh for others, and John Randle was too great, and too hilarious, for this to go unseen by any Viking fan.

Enjoy, Cheers: http://www.hulu.com/collections/434/137375

vikes_28
05-26-2010, 12:16 AM
http://blog.vikings.com/2010/05/25/jared-allens-mullet-is-no-more/

Its a sad day... Jared Allen cut the mullet off.

As if my day couldn't have gotten any worse :(

djp
05-26-2010, 01:36 PM
just got around to reading that Gerhart article from the strib on Sunday. If he has any success at all, he's going to be one of the most if not the most popular Viking in less than a year.

frubulubu
05-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports quarterback Brett Favre sent pairs of Wrangler jeans to his teammates -- "I need to break them in a little bit, they are kind of stiff," punter Chris Kluwe joked -- but what Favre hasn't sent is word of whether he plans to play in 2010.

marshallb
05-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports quarterback Brett Favre sent pairs of Wrangler jeans to his teammates -- "I need to break them in a little bit, they are kind of stiff," punter Chris Kluwe joked -- but what Favre hasn't sent is word of whether he plans to play in 2010.

Sorry, but that's ummmm...not exactly new information, that was reported in the middle of April.

djp
05-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I love how little people are talking about Adrian Peterson. I think the Gerhart pick is going to revitalize this man into being the best in the league yet again. Gerhart can come in and get those tough 1 and 2 yard gains that we'll need in short yardage, and AP can focus more on hitting homeruns like he did his rookie year. Of course, that's assuming that he's working hard on securing the football, because all of that talent goes to waste if he keeps fumbling at the rate that he's been going at.

Even if Favre comes back (which we all think he will), I think that Peterson is going to be the focal point of the offense again and gravitate closer to what we had come to expect from a Childress offense. I love Favre slinging the rock as much as the next guy, but it's a dangerous way to play the game and a lot of the road woes last season were because we just weren't running the ball enough to get a consistent push going. I really think that he will recapture the rushing title this year.

tXofi-jEeOo

General Zod
06-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Report:

According to Adam Schefter on Twitter, with safety Oshiomogho Atogwe set to become a free agent at midnight tonight, some potential suitors are beginning to pop up.

Our View: The Rams would still like to retain the services of Atogwe, but it appears they're going to let him hit the open market first. Not the smartest idea. The talented safety is now drawing interest from the Vikings, Cowboys and Dolphins and is quickly becoming a hot commodity. Things should get considerably more interesting at 12:01 Wednesday.

While I dont want us to break the bank on him, I would be extremely happy if we signed him.

The Dynasty
06-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Just saw this on twitter.. Visanthe Shiancoe is not being quiet about that one Darren Sharper comment. This is visanthe admiring his shooting skills today:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/857/109487965.jpg

As for OJ.. I would love to see us get him. I have been hoping since i heard he could be come a FA that the vikings would go after him. Our safety play was pretty bad to watch last year and bringing in OJ would be a huge step up.

marshallb
06-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Doesn't look like we'll be getting Atogwe (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/95459204.html)

Which I don't really like, but who knows, maybe he's just asking for too much, and we passed, at least for the time being. Maybe with all the other teams bowing out he'll come down on his asking price and we'll jump back in. That's what I'm hoping for anyways.

marshallb
06-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Childress is unhappy that Peterson skipped OTA's to be at Adrian Peterson Day in his hometown. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5277744)

"I just know that there's a bunch of guys here," Childress said. "This has the term mandatory for a reason. The work's here."

The fourth annual Adrian Peterson Day is scheduled for Saturday in Palestine, Texas, where the All-Pro running back was raised. There will be a parade and a meet-and-greet session for the locals with Peterson, who has been mostly working out on his own in Houston this offseason.

Asked whether he's worried that Favre's refusal to commit can give other players an excuse to skip town until training camp, Childress called the 40-year-old quarterback's situation a "special circumstance."

"I don't think Adrian's batting around retirement in his mind, I don't believe," Childress said, adding: "Is everything equal? Obviously it's not. That's just the way it is. That's matter of fact. I think everybody understands that part of the equation."

Favre and defensive end Ray Edwards were missing too, but Childress didn't express concern about Edwards, who has yet to sign his contract tender and is expected to do so by Tuesday's deadline.

"I think he'd probably want to do that, wouldn't you?" Childress said.

Edwards was upset that because of the upcoming expiration of the collective bargaining agreement he was ineligible for unrestricted free agency. He had restricted status and signed a one-year tender.

"I know he understands that this is business," Childress said. "We've communicated back and forth, because nobody likes to practice more and play more than Ray Edwards."

The Vikings have been working on Peterson's fumbling problem, and on the field earlier this week Peterson and the other running backs carried a 14-pound, sand-filled ball that is supposed to help players develop a stronger feel for the pigskin.

"It's akin to putting a weight on a bat and swinging it before you go to the plate," Childress said.

Asked whether the Vikings want to change the way Peterson carries the ball, the coach said: "When he's here."

For this weekend at least, this model of stability was missing a few important pieces -- though these are non-contact workouts for a team that has had the same offensive and defensive systems in place for four years.

IMO this is a case of Childress being a douchebag. Like the last sentence that I put in of that ESPN article says, it's non-contact and the systems have been the same for the past four years. It's not like there's anything new being learned. Yea, it'd be nice to have him work on his fumbling problems, but, really, it's June and he's missing 2 days. Chilly isn't upset that Edwards isn't there though, saying that it's part of the business, but he's pissed that Adrian isn't there, and he has a legitimate excuse, where as Edwards isn't there b/c of his contract and that he got "screwed" by the CBA.

GB12
06-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't get how he can be mad at Peterson while at the same time he's letting Favre do whatever the hell he wants.

princefielder28
06-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't get how he can be mad at Peterson while at the same time he's letting Favre do whatever the hell he wants.

It's not like Brett could do anything at the OTAs anyways...his healing and rehab is more important and Peterson going to a day dedicated to him is far less important than participating in the OTAs

TitleTown088
06-12-2010, 09:01 PM
It's not like Brett could do anything at the OTAs anyways

You really think he'd be there if he were healthy?

vikes_28
06-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Honestly...I think it is a big deal. Adrian Peterson had more fumbles in one year than Tomlinson had in his whole career. Sure...it's one day that he's missing, but he'll probably miss more. AD needs to work on his fumbling problems...and missing OTA's obviously isn't helping the cause.

princefielder28
06-12-2010, 10:49 PM
You really think he'd be there if he were healthy?

No but Brett's not the player of concern to begin with...Peterson has alot to prove this year and he needs to be working towards that instead of soaking up the attention of "Adrian Peterson Day"

yo123
06-12-2010, 10:52 PM
It's a big deal. Peterson's inability to hold onto the ball cost us a Super Bowl birth. End of story.

marshallb
06-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow, I'm quite surprised that everyone thinks it's a big deal that he's not there for a day or two of OTAs. If he were missing training camp or some contact drills it would be a big deal, but it's non contact, and really, a couple days is really gonna be a big factor in him fumbling the ball? I think he's more of a hypocrite for thinking that it's just business that Edwards isn't there than that Favre isn't there.

FuzzyGopher
06-12-2010, 11:46 PM
It's more of a disrespect thing then anything else. Obviously they guy doesn't need to learn the play book, but showing up shows that he's a leader and he is committed to the team. Blowing it off for some stupid "Adrian Peterson Day" is a slap in the face imo.

General Zod
06-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Im going to give him a pass for this(not for the fumbles). Nobody has ever questioned his work ethic. He has never been a locker room distraction that we know of. Its just a couple of days.

marshallb
06-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Im going to give him a pass for this(not for the fumbles). Nobody has ever questioned his work ethic. He has never been a locker room distraction that we know of. Its just a couple of days.

Exactly, from all accounts, he's one of the hardest working guys and a great teammate and guy in the locker room. I think we have to imagine that AD has been working hard all offseason(particularly on his fumbling), and missing two days will absolutely not kill him. Part of the article that I didn't quote included some comments from Jared Allen and Antoine Winfield, and they just blew it off:
"I cry myself to sleep every night," defensive end Jared Allen said, with heavy sarcasm. He added: "Those guys are their own people. They're going to do what they do."

Allen was then asked what he would do if there were a Jared Allen Day planned in his hometown.

"I'd be doing jumping jacks ... right now. I wouldn't even be here," he said.

Winfield gave Peterson a pass, too.

"We know what he brings to the table. We know he's a hard worker. We're not worried about that," Winfield said.

yo123
06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Wow, I'm quite surprised that everyone thinks it's a big deal that he's not there for a day or two of OTAs. If he were missing training camp or some contact drills it would be a big deal, but it's non contact, and really, a couple days is really gonna be a big factor in him fumbling the ball? I think he's more of a hypocrite for thinking that it's just business that Edwards isn't there than that Favre isn't there.

It's more of a symbolic thing. Him not showing up is basically him saying that he doesn't have anything to work on, and this is not the first instance of that in his career. He's had a bunch of quotes over the years basically making light of the fumble situation and just attributing it to a consequence of his running style. Him missing a day or two of OTA's isn't going to really help him hold onto the ball, but it would sure be nice to see him take some initiative and show that he's not going to accept the way he's been carrying the ball the last year or two. Fumble wise of course.

General Zod
06-15-2010, 01:07 PM
So we signed Ryan Moats today.....

http://blog.vikings.com/2010/06/15/vikings-sign-rb-ryan-moats/

Another one of Childress's former Eagles he likes to get on the roster. Unless they are planning on moving Darius Reynaud back to WR, I really dont see the point.

yo123
06-15-2010, 02:58 PM
He's alright I guess. That's the type of RB I thought we were looking at getting in the draft, more of a 3rd down guy.

prock
06-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Ryan Moats pisses me off, because those fantasy points should have been Slaton's....

General Zod
06-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Ryan Moats pisses me off, because those fantasy points should have been Slaton's....

I feel your pain my man, I drafted Slaton last year as well. :-(

vikes_28
06-16-2010, 11:22 PM
So we signed Ryan Moats today.....

http://blog.vikings.com/2010/06/15/vikings-sign-rb-ryan-moats/

Another one of Childress's former Eagles he likes to get on the roster. Unless they are planning on moving Darius Reynaud back to WR, I really dont see the point.

I'm thinking he'll be a training camp/ preseason guy. I doubt we'd go into the season with 4 running backs on the roster. Of course...we did at one point have: Ciatrick Fason, Michael Bennett, Moe Williams and Onterrio Smith on our roster. The only good one being MOE. That was back in Tice's day though. Idk..now i'm just rambling.

yo123
06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Onterrio Smith was actually a pretty damn good RB. A complete dumbass, but really talented. He looked like he could be a starter in the limited time he was here. And Moe Williams was always awesome.

vikes_28
06-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Onterrio Smith was actually a pretty damn good RB. A complete dumbass, but really talented. He looked like he could be a starter in the limited time he was here. And Moe Williams was always awesome.

no doubt. He was an awesome runner. But then...THE WIZZINATOR... :o

marshallb
06-17-2010, 12:58 AM
What are you guys talking about??? Childress is so pissed off with Peterson skipping minicamp that he brought in Moats to give AD a run for his starting RB job. [/sarcasm]

I really think Moats is just a camp/preseason body, no real reason to have him other than to keep Peterson and Young/Gerhart fresh for the regular season. RB isn't a position where you need to get a whole lot of reps to get going.

Vikes99ej
06-17-2010, 09:25 AM
I actually think Moats might make it into the season. I just have not seen enough of Albert Young to think he'd be able to make the team out of camp.

vikes_28
06-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Ah...I forgot about Albert Young. So if we kept all our Running backs, we'd have 5. Which one or two gets cut?

marshallb
06-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Ah...I forgot about Albert Young. So if we kept all our Running backs, we'd have 5. Which one or two gets cut?

I honestly see us keeping 4. I can't see us cutting Reynaud due to his return abilities. I think it may be a real battle between Young and Moats. With Young having a slight edge right now because he's been in the offense for a few years, and the coaches being familiar with him and what not.

General Zod
06-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Well, I tweeted Judd Zulgad on the possibility of us trading for Logan Mankins if the price is right, he tweeted back saying no chance.

darn it all.......lol

djp
06-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Well, I tweeted Judd Zulgad on the possibility of us trading for Logan Mankins if the price is right, he tweeted back saying no chance.

darn it all.......lol

I would not take anything Judd Zulgad writes all that seriously. He knows more than we do, but I really dislike him as a reporter/writer. Not nearly as much as that hack Mike Florio though.

prock
06-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I want Mankins. A lot.

General Zod
06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I would not take anything Judd Zulgad writes all that seriously. He knows more than we do, but I really dislike him as a reporter/writer. Not nearly as much as that hack Mike Florio though.

I don't take him to seriously, but he is the only one that answers my tweets! lol

One day, I will get a response from Alyssa Miliano......

JFLO
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Supposedly Joe Webb is absolutely killing it at mini-camp, that seems to be the only story that is worth writing about to most people.

vikes_28
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Supposedly Joe Webb is absolutely killing it at mini-camp, that seems to be the only story that is worth writing about to most people.

at QB or WR?

JFLO
06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
at QB or WR?

Both, but majority at quarterback.

vikes_28
06-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Both, but majority at quarterback.

Good. Maybe he can be our future :o

General Zod
06-23-2010, 12:11 PM

I cant wait to see him in some preseason action.

marshallb
06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Hopefully Webb can turn into what Jackson was supposed to be. Hell, maybe TJack can play WR and do what Webb was originally planned to do.

prock
06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Is it football season yet?

vikes_28
06-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Is it football season yet?

No. :( :( :(

vikes_28
06-27-2010, 01:10 AM
It would be a real dream to have Moss back.

General Zod
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Looks like we claimed Marko Mitchell off waivers. I actually liked this guy a lot out of Nevada when the skins drafted him. But then again, being waived by the Lions kinda says something. lol

Who knows, maybe he'll stick on special teams?

vikes_28
07-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Hi guys. We are boring.

prock
07-02-2010, 01:08 AM
I just noticed this too. There is like one post every few days on the Vikings boards. Compared to our SWDC brethren, we are really ******.

The Dynasty
07-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Hi guys. We are boring.

Not much to talk about really. I think we are all sick of talking or thinking about Favre and if he will or will not come back. Although everything looks like he is coming back. Sadly nothing to talk about really until there is news for anything or training camp.

prock
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Jared Allen is sexy.

General Zod
07-02-2010, 02:41 AM
No ones excited about Marko Mitchell? lol

Yeah I try to post to tidbits just to keep things going. Just isnt much going on. Come on pre season.

vikes_28
07-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Pre-Season should be interesting. I'd like to see Joe Webb push Tavaris Jackson out.

yo123
07-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Joe Webb completed less than 60 percent of his passes in Conference USA, I seriously doubt he's better than Tarvaris. We should be playing him at receiver.

princefielder28
07-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Pre-Season should be interesting. I'd like to see Joe Webb push Tavaris Jackson out.

if any QB is going to get pushed out it'd be Sage...Tavaris gets a lot of hate from Vikings fans, and for the most part it's deserved, but in his limited time last year he showed a more fundamentally sound game than what has been seen in the past.

J-Mike88
07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Joe Webb completed less than 60 percent of his passes in Conference USA, I seriously doubt he's better than Tarvaris. We should be playing him at receiver.
I see him being a potential Josh Cribbs-type as a returner, but hope I'm wrong. I think both were former QBs in college and have good size and balance....

FuzzyGopher
07-02-2010, 03:19 PM
More than likely Childress will fall in love with Webb like he has with Jackson. Then he will refuse to draft a QB and go all in with him and fail miserably.

marshallb
07-02-2010, 04:29 PM
How about we discuss some position battles then. Let's start with CB. CB has been a week spot in the recent past, but while it isn't a real strong spot, it is very deep.
We currently have the following CBs on our roster:
Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Chris Cook, Lito Sheppard, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Marcus Sherels, and DeAndre Wright

If I remember right we carried 5 CBs last season: Winfield, Griffin, Sapp, Allen, and Karl Paymah(ugh). I definitely see us carrying 6 (only 5 active each week) with Griffin recovering from the ACL injury and Winfield's injuries recently. Therefore I think we will keep the 6 obvious ones(the first 6 above), but the real questions become who will start for Cedric if he misses some time and who will be the nickel and dime backs when he gets back as well as before he gets back.

prock
07-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Antoine will start. Griff will start if he can. Allen and Sapp will battle for the dime with Lito at the nickel. I bet they roster Cook as a safety, but just give him a few reps at corner.

djp
07-08-2010, 02:19 AM
If our offensive line play doesn't improve or get back to the level it was to start last season, we are going to have a helluva time with the schedule we have. Hutch being healthy again will help, but McKinnie is on his last legs with me. He was **** for most of last season despite being one of the most talented players in the league. Put down the Goose and start putting work in. Now. This team's too good for that.

Also, EJ being back (hopefully) should give us a little better coverage down the seam. We can all agree that coverage was not Jasper Brinkley's strength.

yo123
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm holding out some hope for McKinnie because he did have stretches where he was dominant last year as well, they were just pretty few and far between and when he was bad he was REALLY bad (Peppers,ugh). If he can just be above average that would be big.

EJ will help with coverage some but I've never thought he was a great cover guy either, as good as they are against the run I really haven't ever been impressed with any of our LB's cover skills to be honest.

General Zod
07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Im hoping EJ will be back and ready to go, but I actually feel pretty good about Jasper Brinkley. I know he got burned some in coverage, but he has the physical ability to be better in coverage. With the playing time he got last season and the added reps this off season, I think he'll improve in a lot of areas.

yo123
07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
I agree. Jasper got thrown into a tough situation and I thought he held his own, I like what we have in him if EJ has some kind of setback this year.

vikes_28
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm doing a fantasy league this year, and it will be a keeper league.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2225366#post2225366

reply with your email there if you want to join

General Zod
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Sounds like the ankle is healing up nicely......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/07/12/favre.ap/index.html

prock
07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Good. So which quarterback are we gonna take at pick number 32 next year?

vikes_28
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Good. So which quarterback are we gonna take at pick number 32 next year?

Hopefully Ponder.

prock
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Can you see anyone else sneaking into round 1, or maybe falling down? Locker couldn't fall that far, Mallet will go top 5, Ponder could be gone. Could someone like Delvin or Enderle make that jump into round 1?

FuzzyGopher
07-12-2010, 03:06 PM
What about Jerrod Johnson? He seems like the type of guy Childress goes crazy for. There could potentially be a lot of quarterbacks in next years draft if Luck declares (I don't think he will) which would be great for us as a good player could fall to us.

prock
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah I could see us drafting Johnson. I haven't fully developed my opinion on him yet, though.

marshallb
07-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah I could see us drafting Johnson. I haven't fully developed my opinion on him yet, though.

I'm with you on that. I haven't paid hardly any attention to him yet, the only games of A&M's that I watched last year were the Arkansas and Texas ones and I wasn't watching them for him. The Arkansas one I was watching for Mallett and the Texas game I was looking at quite a few of the Texas guys, mainly Colt and then at quite a few of their defensive guys like Kindle, Houston, Muckelroy, and the CBs(Williams and the Browns). Johnson definitely has plenty of talent, and very well could be worthy of a first round pick come April, but with all of the QB talent in this draft(even if Luck doesn't declare, and I don't think he will unless there will be a rookie wage scale and he's guaranteed top 10) he could fall out of the first even if he has a very good year.

My favorite QB for this year's class is Ponder, I still have Locker and Mallett ahead of him, like everyone should, but I really like his game. His arm is imo above average, he's very athletic, seems to have good, quick feet, and is a good decision maker, plus he's not coming out of a spread and has carried the FSU team on his back. If he has a year like I expect, he could be long gone by the time we pick though.

From the little I've seen and read of him, I like Devlin quite a bit, and I honestly can say that I've never seen Enderle play, but he does seem to have the talent.

vikes_28
07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I reallly like Pat Devlin. I would not mind at all if we took him

marshallb
07-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I reallly like Pat Devlin. I would not mind at all if we took him

I really like what Pat Devlin sounds like, I haven't seen enough at this point to make a statement on how he's gonna do. He sounds like he has all the talent to make it happen, and from the very limited amount that I've seen of him, it appears to be true, but I need to see more.

dannyz
07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I got a ? How many times did Favre get Cheap Shoted in the Game against the Saints ? I know atlest two. The play he got injured on, and the Reverse to Percy Harvin where Farve was out of the play and a Defender saw Favre did not have the ball on just Blew Him UP.

vikes_28
07-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Article on PFT says that Randy Moss is with the same agent as Percy Harvin. Do you guys think that there is a possibility Moss will complete his "unfinished business" in minny?

dannyz
07-16-2010, 12:15 AM
He sould his year. Imagine Farve,AD,Harvin,Moss. SuperBowl. Then Randy and Brett Retire together.

marshallb
07-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Article on PFT says that Randy Moss is with the same agent as Percy Harvin. Do you guys think that there is a possibility Moss will complete his "unfinished business" in minny?

I don't think there's any chance. Chilly hates egos other than his own and Brett's. Not to mention that we don't have a need at WR, so unless an opening is created at WR I see no chance at all.

vikes_28
07-16-2010, 12:31 AM
I don't think there's any chance. Chilly hates egos other than his own and Brett's. Not to mention that we don't have a need at WR, so unless an opening is created at WR I see no chance at all.

at least i can dream :(

marshallb
07-16-2010, 11:42 AM
at least i can dream :(

haha yeah, I'd love to have Moss back. He was and still is one of my favorite players, and it would be sweet if he'd come back to finish it where he started it and get that ring he should have had in 98. I'd love to see us trade Berrian and then sign Moss. Rice/Moss/Harvin would be an insane receiving core, and I really don't care who the QB is, if you can't kick ass with those WRs, AD and Gerhart and Shiancoe, then you don't deserve to even be in the NFL. Hell, Favre would probably come back again and again to play with those guys.

vikes_28
07-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Pre-Season is starting soon! Let's talk about position battles!

marshallb
07-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Pre-Season is starting soon! Let's talk about position battles!

I tried to do that on the bottom of the last page with CBs, but only Prock replied...

djp
07-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Cowboys Divisional game is on NFL Network right now

General Zod
07-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Cowboys Divisional game is on NFL Network right now

Im watching it right now. I am also realizing how much we are going to miss Chester Taylor this up coming season. :-(

marshallb
07-29-2010, 06:00 PM
With training camp starting tomorrow, I was wondering who plans on going this year.

I'm gonna go up with my dad and sister and maybe mom, and we're gonna get a hotel room. The plan is to go up next Friday for both practices and then stay over Saturday night and go to the Saturday morning practice.

General Zod
07-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Well according to Judd on Twitter, Tony Gerhart signed today. So thats a rap for getting all the draft picks signed.

marshallb
07-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Good to get everyone signed before the start of camp. It shouldn't have been a problem with no first round picks, but still good to have everyone...well, almost everyone there.

marshallb
07-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Some camp storylines:

Harvin left practice with an unknown injury (http://http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/99688744.html)

Griffin and Rice will start out on the active/PUP list (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/99654719.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQi U47cQUzyaP37D_MDua_eyD5PcOiU)

EJ took some reps with the first team, and Rice will be ready for the opener despite being placed on the active/PUP list, as well as Peterson discussing his fumbles (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/99664474.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQi U47cQUzyaP37D_MDua_eyD5PcOiU)

FuzzyGopher
07-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Everything I have been reading so far says Jamarca Sanford has been getting a lot of 1st team reps. I don't know if that is good or bad.....

yo123
07-31-2010, 04:55 PM
He looked at least serviceable in the limited action he got last year, and Tyrell Johnson has shown absolutely nothing in his time here. It's worth a shot.

FuzzyGopher
07-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Sage rage with 4 pics in evening practice. Jawsome!

BuckNaked
07-31-2010, 11:41 PM

Haha wait that bum's still around?

marshallb
07-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Everything I have been reading so far says Jamarca Sanford has been getting a lot of 1st team reps. I don't know if that is good or bad.....

I gotta say I kind of like that, I didn't expect it, but I'd like to see what he's got. We already know what Madeiu can do and have seen quite a bit of Tyrell.

Good news is that Percy's injury was just a tweaked ankle and he was back out there for the night practice.

vikes_28
08-02-2010, 12:31 AM

Joe Webb is da future.

dannyz
08-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Jevan Snead got waived by the Buc's, he could be a good pickup for the Vikings on practice squad.

prock
08-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Jevan Snead got waived by the Buc's, he could be a good pickup for the Vikings on practice squad.

I still can't believe he left school. He went from a possible top 10 pick to being cut at the beginning of training camp in about a year. Man he is awful.

marshallb
08-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage threw another two interceptions on Sunday, definitely not looking good for him, especially after it was sounding like he would be the odd man out before camp with Webb taking the #3 job.

Chris Cook had a great practice on Sunday with 3 interceptions. Incluidng one on a deep ball down the sideline and one in the end zone. Hopefully the deep one down the sideline showed his ability to play Safety to the coaches as I'd much rather see him there than as the 5th string CB with Madeiu/Tyrell/Sanford as the S. Winfield has also looked good so far at camp, which I expected as he was having a great season last year before he broke his foot.

vikes_28
08-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet...

but i found the madden 11 rankings for the vikes.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/madden11?teamId=31

btw, Harvin got screwed. Mckinnie is overrated.

djp
08-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Anyone else extremely upset that Steve Hutchinson's swagger rating is only 30?

God, what a horrible idea by EA Sports.

FuzzyGopher
08-02-2010, 03:39 PM
What the hell is swagger in relation to Madden?

GB12
08-02-2010, 03:40 PM
What the hell does that mean? Does it have any effect on their actual play or is it just for like showing celebrations and crap?

djp
08-02-2010, 03:47 PM
What the hell does that mean? Does it have any effect on their actual play or is it just for like showing celebrations and crap?

Just for celebrations. Unfortunately, this is one of the features that EA Sports is pumping this year.

prock
08-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Griffin got screwed too. 82??

General Zod
08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Benny Sapp is better then 69 as well. Besides some stupid penalties he made through the season, he played very well when Winfield was out. He should be in the 75-79 range imo.

vikes_28
08-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I didn't even notice the swagger stat. Thank you EA. I'm a little bit stupider now.

The other thing, I've always seen Steve Hutchinson as a pretty humble guy. He gets his work done and he has a good time doing it.

If swagger really effects the overall of the players on madden, I will never buy madden again.

princefielder28
08-03-2010, 09:53 AM
http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad

bad news for Minnesota, at least for the time being

BuckNaked
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
On top of that, 2 out of 3 doctors that Sidney Rice consulted over the offseason recommended surgery so let's pray he won't be running like Betty White with a plastic hip for the upcoming season.

the_legend_killer
08-03-2010, 10:39 AM
So......................yeah

LonghornsLegend
08-03-2010, 11:02 AM
On top of that, 2 out of 3 doctors that Sidney Rice consulted over the offseason recommended surgery so let's pray he won't be running like Betty White with a plastic hip for the upcoming season.

I hope he made the right decision, I am a huge Sidney Rice fan. Then again, didn't Marshall have hip surgery done this off-season and he's already good to go for Training Camp right now 100% so I'm not sure surgery done as soon as the season finished wouldn't have been the best thing.

prock
08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I ******* hate Brett Favre.

marshallb
08-03-2010, 11:26 AM
So......................yeah

this pretty much sums up my thoughts right now. I honestly can say I'm shocked, I never thought he'd retire. Let's hope they can talk him into playing, because otherwise we're in trouble, especially with the way the offense has looked in training camp so far.

marshallb
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I gotta say I'm more than just a little skeptical about this after hearing what they're saying on NFLN. Now Chilly and the Vikings organization may just be playing dumb and saying that they know nothing when they may know everything, but Judd Zulgad isn't the most reliable reporter there is. Plus, he's given himself several outs on this, especially by saying in his interview with NFLN something along the lines of "this may not even be the case by the end of the day if the Vikings can talk him into not issuing the press release and buy them some time." I just can't believe that Favre wouldn't have talked to Chilly and/or Bevell before he sent these texts and emails to teammates and team officials, like I said, Chilly could be lying through his teeth and already have talked to Brett, but is just trying to wait it out and either let Brett break the "official" news or give them some time and hope they can talk him into returning, be it by offering Brett more money or a deal like the Packers offered him if he'd have retired, if Brett would just play out this season.