PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

djp
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
This thread will be for discussion of the team in between regular season games and then for the offseason.

I will be stickying regular season Game Day threads once the season starts, please post in the Game Day threads during the game, not here.

Please do not make me close the this Discussion thread like we had to do last time.

Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying:
Valhalla, I am coming!
On we sweep with threshing oar,
Our only goal will be the western shore.

Dr. Gonzo
08-25-2008, 07:20 PM
This thread will be for discussion of the team in between regular season games and then for the offseason.

I will be stickying regular season Game Day threads once the season starts, please post in the Game Day threads during the game, not here.

Please do not make me close the this Discussion thread like we had to do last time.

I blame Severe Punishment.

The Dynasty
08-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I blame Severe Punishment.

Lmao I forgot that guy. He was a true Pain.

Well Anyways. The Vikings cut 4 guys today since Kendrick Allen is on the IR and doesnt count against the Roster.

The 4 were Derrick Pope LB, Sean Dumford OT, Brock Pasteur OT, and Daniel Davis WR. Nothing to big. Just have to see who makes the 53 man roster. Im rooting for Erin Henderson. He has looked good in the preseason so far.

Dr. Gonzo
08-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Lmao I forgot that guy. He was a true Pain.

Well Anyways. The Vikings cut 4 guys today since Kendrick Allen is on the IR and doesnt count against the Roster.

The 4 were Derrick Pope LB, Sean Dumford OT, Brock Pasteur OT, and Daniel Davis WR. Nothing to big. Just have to see who makes the 53 man roster. Im rooting for Erin Henderson. He has looked good in the preseason so far.

Wasn't Derrick Pope an offseason signing? I think the chances of Erin Henderson making the roster are pretty good. I remember when I wanted the Vikings to draft him in the 2nd round way back.

The Dynasty
08-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Wasn't Derrick Pope an offseason signing? I think the chances of Erin Henderson making the roster are pretty good. I remember when I wanted the Vikings to draft him in the 2nd round way back.

Yeah he was signed this offseason guess he wasnt cutting it. I never heard of the other guys. Yeah i remember draft day everytime Erin Henderson came up and we still had a pick i wanted the Vikings to take him then to find out we got him after the draft in FA Signing I was very happy. He is a FA in Madden who i pick up everytime i do a franchise with fantasy.

Dr. Gonzo
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah he was signed this offseason guess he wasnt cutting it. I never heard of the other guys. Yeah i remember draft day everytime Erin Henderson came up and we still had a pick i wanted the Vikings to take him then to find out we got him after the draft in FA Signing I was very happy. He is a FA in Madden who i pick up everytime i do a franchise with fantasy.

I did not know he was a FA in Madden. I must now pick him up. The thought of a Henderson/Henderson/Greenway LB corp makes me salivate. This may never happen but in a couple years if Erin starts playing at an EJ like level we would have a top group of LB's in the league and a great team to play with on Madden.

The Dynasty
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I did not know he was a FA in Madden. I must now pick him up. The thought of a Henderson/Henderson/Greenway LB corp makes me salivate. This may never happen but in a couple years if Erin starts playing at an EJ like level we would have a top group of LB's in the league and a great team to play with on Madden.

Yeah it would be great thing to see in a couple years. I was upset when i saw we signed Leber back when we did lol, but he has been very good for us since he came over from San Diego. Brooks Bollinger is also a free agent in Madden so If you want to pick him up lol.

Dr. Gonzo
08-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah it would be great thing to see in a couple years. I was upset when i saw we signed Leber back when we did lol, but he has been very good for us since he came over from San Diego. Brooks Bollinger is also a free agent in Madden so If you want to pick him up lol.

I am happy trading away Tarvaris Jackson and starting my mancrush JDB at QB.

djp
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
We suck. Nobody's posting!

What's everyone expecting from tonight's game? I hope JDB can at least get some kind of rhythm going tonight. Also, I'd like to see Erin Henderson force a fumble on a hit stick.

The_Dude
08-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Not really expecting much from tonight's game.

I also hope JDB gets his **** together so we can finally release Bollinger.

Let's go scrubs!!!!

GB12
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Not really expecting much from tonight's game.

I also hope JDB gets his **** together so we can finally release Bollinger.

Let's go scrubs!!!!
Well he's gone no matter what. You wouldn't keep 4 QBs. Would you?

The Dynasty
08-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Well he's gone no matter what. You wouldn't keep 4 QBs. Would you?

Na. I think what every happens tonight Bollinger is gone. I agree with everyone that JDB needs to get his stuff together and look good enough to be a 3rd stringer which shouldn't be hard. Yeah pretty much Im looking at the LB's and see how will make the team as back ups. Also Special Teams.

Vikings4ever
08-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Na. I think what every happens tonight Bollinger is gone. I agree with everyone that JDB needs to get his stuff together and look good enough to be a 3rd stringer which shouldn't be hard. Yeah pretty much Im looking at the LB's and see how will make the team as back ups. Also Special Teams.

Barring a serious injury to JDB, I also think Bollinger is gone.

The Dynasty
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Barring a serious injury to JDB, I also think Bollinger is gone.

True but lets not hope that.

Vikes99ej
08-29-2008, 05:00 PM
It's official, McKinnie suspended four games. On the StarTribune.

The Dynasty
08-29-2008, 06:48 PM
This is the list of people who have been cut.

C Dan Mozes
WR Martin Nance
CB Brandon Sumrall
T Chase Johnson
TE Braden Jones
DE Chris Norwell

Im shocked about Nance not even Practice Squad. I thought he performed very well this preseason and i thought he deserved a shot. But With Berrian,Rice, Wade, Allison and Ferguson...I guess that leaves 1 person if that. So i guess Jaymar Johnson and Darius Reynaud one will be going and one will be saying. Reynaud has impressed me on his return ability.

Vikings4ever
08-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Players have to clear waivers before they get added to the PS, so Nance may be headed there if another team doesn't pick him up.

The Dynasty
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Players have to clear waivers before they get added to the PS, so Nance may be headed there if another team doesn't pick him up.

Ah alright well lets hope because he was really good in preseason.

DHVF
08-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I really hope Nance catches on with someone's 53 man roster. I really liked him as a prospect coming out and imo he's done nothing but succeed when given opportunities with us.

The_Dude
08-30-2008, 09:39 AM
It's official, McKinnie suspended four games. On the StarTribune.

As if the first 4 games of the season weren't difficult enough....

The Dynasty
08-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Well If i was childress, If Hicks start getting killed on the Left side I would put Kliensasser over there and just double team the DE. There is a Reason why we keep Kliensasser and thats because he is one hell of a blocker.

djp
08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Rufus Alexander, Jaymar Johnson gone.

Reynaud makes the team. Erin Henderson also makes it.

Vikes99ej
08-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Rufus Alexander, Jaymar Johnson gone.

Reynaud makes the team. Erin Henderson also makes it.

Nope, cut.

The team opted to stay with five wide receivers. Martin Nance, Jaymar Johnson and Darius Reynaud did some nice things, but they couldnít stick.

:From StarTribune.com

djp
08-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh, the strib was saying earlier that it looked like Reynaud was gonna make it.

Allison for KR and PR then?

Vikes99ej
08-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh, the strib was saying earlier that it looked like Reynaud was gonna make it.

Allison for KR and PR then?

Looks like it, with Hicks maybe spelling him from time to time.

The_Dude
08-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I know he's old, but anyone interested in Willie Anderson? I would think that at the very least he'd be a nice upgrade over Cook on the right side.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/30/bengals-cut-willie-anderson/

Vikes99ej
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I know he's old, but anyone interested in Willie Anderson? I would think that at the very least he'd be a nice upgrade over Cook on the right side.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/30/bengals-cut-willie-anderson/

It'd be a nice depth signing, but it would probably only be a one-year deal. Makes too much sense to actually happen.

The Dynasty
08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
It'd be a nice depth signing, but it would probably only be a one-year deal. Makes too much sense to actually happen.

Yeah, I was out all day today and Didn't even know who was cut till about 9:30 and I saw Willie Anderson was cut and I'm like Vikings get on him. Im wondering if he can play LT for 4 games lol.

The_Dude
08-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Makes too much sense to actually happen.

Vikings quote of the year....

I couldn't agree more.

yo123
08-31-2008, 02:43 AM
A little surprised that Rufus Alexander didn't make the team and Hussain Abdullah did.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Practice Squad:

* DE Martail Burnett, DE, rookie, Utah
* G Brian Daniels, G, first year, Colorado
* Leger Douzable, DT, rookie, Central Florida
* Jaymar Johnson, WR, rookie, Jackson State
* Tim Mattran, C, rookie, Stanford
* Darius Reynaud, WR, West Virginia
* Marcus Walker, CB, rookie, Oklahoma
* Albert Young RB, rookie, Iowa

Per StarTribune.com

Heisman
08-31-2008, 11:35 PM
where did nance end up?

The Dynasty
09-01-2008, 12:08 AM
where did nance end up?

Well I havent seen any news yet on about him. I just go to news.google.com and type in Martin Nance and nothing yet saying he signed with anyone so im guessing he is a FA Still.

Bruce Banner
09-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Just say a commercial on NFL Network. Adrian Peterson can't throw for ****!

The Dynasty
09-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Just say a commercial on NFL Network. Adrian Peterson can't throw for ****!

Was it the one with the kids and he is throwing against kids? Im pretty sure he did it on purpose...to make the kid feel better about them self on how far they threw the ball and how they out passed Adrian. So Im pretty sure his arm would be alright but there is a reason why he is a RB and not a QB.

yo123
09-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think we are seeing enough Chester Taylor? 9 carries in 2 games. We have the best 1-2 punch in football, lets use both so Peterson doesn't collapse down the stretch.

the_legend_killer
09-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think we are seeing enough Chester Taylor? 9 carries in 2 games. We have the best 1-2 punch in football, lets use both so Peterson doesn't collapse down the stretch.

No, your not. CT on kickoffs and sparingly is not good at all.

djp
09-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I do like the way Taylor returns. Looked real good in person the other day.

yo123
09-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I do like the way Taylor returns. Looked real good in person the other day.

I like Allison back there more, it seems like he does a good job whenever they give him a chance, I don't get why he's not our full time return man.

General Zod
09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
What do you all think of having Kleinsasser some more looks at TE in the passing game? I know he gets used as an extra lineman, but i think the guy still has some hands. Gotta be better then stonehands shank-o. :-)

Vikes99ej
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3593304

:) Please don't end up being another Kelly Holcomb situation.

yo123
09-17-2008, 04:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3593304

:) Please don't end up being another Kelly Holcomb situation.

This is the right move. I feel a little bad for Tarvaris, because from what I hear he has put the time in to try and make himself a good QB, but he just doesn't have it.

The last two games have shown exactly what Vikings fans have been saying all along. With even decent QB play we can be a contender. Even with brutal QB play we lost to two top 5 teams by a combined 8 teams. If Frerotte can just hit open receivers and move the chains on some 3rd downs we can get right back into the playoff race. Then again that's about what I said when before the Kelly Holcob experience last year so we'll see how it goes.

vikes_28
09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
It is the right move. However, Frerotte is not the answer down the road. I know its early to talk about it. But would Jackson be the guy in the 2010 season? Or would we bring someone in?

And also...What about Childress? If the Vikings have a bad season will he be there next year?

So many questions.........

I just want to see a trophy in Minnesota. I've been waiting for it for 17 years. It's time to see it. I'm getting impatient.

Dr. Gonzo
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
It is the right move. However, Frerotte is not the answer down the road. I know its early to talk about it. But would Jackson be the guy in the 2010 season? Or would we bring someone in?

And also...What about Childress? If the Vikings have a bad season will he be there next year?

So many questions.........

I just want to see a trophy in Minnesota. I've been waiting for it for 17 years. It's time to see it. I'm getting impatient.

Since Jackson has proven he cannot be the decent QB we need I think we need to explore all our options and get someone who can step in for a couple years, really all we need is someone who can be average. I mean it would be great if we could get a good QB here but it doesn't look like that will happen. More then anything Childress needs to go. He has proven time and time again that he is a terrible coach. Not only can he not motivate his players but he is a horrendous playcaller. He really does suck at every aspect of coaching. I still have hope for this season but even if we win every game from here on out I hope Childress is fired. I cannot see us ever winning or even appearing in a Superbowl with him as coach.

the_legend_killer
09-18-2008, 03:46 PM
They may give Jackson a shot to win it next year, but I wouldn't mind seeing them give The JDB a few years to watch and then see what he can do. He's built for the WCO.

vikes_28
09-19-2008, 10:04 AM
but I wouldn't mind seeing them give The JDB a few years to watch and then see what he can do. He's built for the WCO.

more inexperience at the quarterback situation? just what we need...

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Im not sure Zygi has the patients for another young QB I see them making a play for a young but experienced qb( Cassill Rosenfels Wallace Anderson ) With emphisis on THE SENECA WALLACE you know the guy who has been under Holmgrens hands. HOLMGREN QB'S 5 SUPERBOWL APPEARENCES COUNTLESS PROBOWLS AND DECADES OF STARTING EXPERIENCE COMPARED TO THE GUY WHO WASNT EVEN TRUSTED TO CALL THE PLAYS FOR THE QB HE SUPPOSEDLY MOLDED. PLEASE ZYGI READ THIS POST AND GO AND GET THE QB THAT YOU WERE DUPED INTO BELIEVING TAVARIS WOULD BECOME. SENECA WALLACE. THERE IS A REASON THIS GUY HAS STAYED AROUND AS A BACK UP AND HOLMGREN KEEPS HIM UNDER HIS WING AND ITS NOT FOR TRICK PLAYS LIKE KORDELL STEWART

Vikes99ej
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
If we don't make the playoffs this year Tarvaris Jackson has no future with this team. It's as easy as that.

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Im not sure the guy has a future in the arena football league. he throws 3 yard passes 70 mph.

vikes_28
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
lets just put adrian peterson at quarterback. he can do everything else. ha. just kidding.

more on a serious note...

WHO COACHES OUR TEAM???? OH YEAH....BRAD FREAKIN CHILDRESS. HE WILL NOT DO JACK**** FOR US. HE WONT TRADE FOR ANOTHER QB, HE WONT DRAFT A FREAKIN TIGHT END THAT WILL REPLACE OUR CRAPPY TIGHT END.

my aplogies...i didnt mean to blow up there.

for serious? you really think that thats going to happen? lets fire childress and make frazier the head coach.

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Amen Preach On Brutha, I Hate Rex Grossman With A Passion And He Would Still Be A Freaking Upgrade

vikes_28
09-26-2008, 11:12 AM
i'm glad someone agrees with me.

Kid_Ego
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I'd rather hire someone like Stoops or Ferentz

Vikes99ej
09-26-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd rather hire someone like Stoops or Ferentz

Schottenheimer anyone?

GB12
09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
If we don't make the playoffs this year Tarvaris Jackson has no future with this team. It's as easy as that.
If you make the playoffs it means Ferotte played well enough to keep a job, so either way Jackson's done.

GB12
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Schottenheimer anyone?
I'd hate to see it happen, but the Vikings should go hard after Paul Chryst as offensive coordinator. He'd be the perfect guy to run that offense.

DHVF
09-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Cedric Griffin is just an awful excuse for a cornerback.

islandboy843
09-28-2008, 12:24 PM
How is the game going?

Vikes99ej
09-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Titans up 10-7.

djp
09-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Please post in the gameday thread.

Vikes99ej
09-28-2008, 02:03 PM
This team is not ready for a playoff run at all. We have veterans in there, in their late 20s and 30s, still making stupid mistakes. We can't use the excuse of having young players. I don't even know why I watch this bull **** anymore. Can you honestly see this team even being in the same league as a team like the Cowboys or Saints? We can't even sniff their jocks.

The Dynasty
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
This team is not ready for a playoff run at all. We have veterans in there, in their late 20s and 30s, still making stupid mistakes. We can't use the excuse of having young players. I don't even know why I watch this bull **** anymore. Can you honestly see this team even being in the same league as a team like the Cowboys or Saints? We can't even sniff their jocks.

I wouldnt put the Saints and Cowboys together in a sentence. Cowboys are better than Saints. I would say the Saints are maybe the 6th team in the conference but No we arent a playoff team. We need a QB, TE, CB, and WR. Pretty much we need a New Coach. Bring in Cowher.

Vikes99ej
09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I wouldnt put the Saints and Cowboys together in a sentence. Cowboys are better than Saints. I would say the Saints are maybe the 6th team in the conference but No we arent a playoff team. We need a QB, TE, CB, and WR. Pretty much we need a New Coach. Bring in Cowher.

Or Schottenheimer.

The Dynasty
09-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Or Schottenheimer.

Either would be better than what we have. If Zygi wants to win he has to realize it goes Coaches then Players. Fire Childress give Frazier or Bevell the job then hire someone at the end of the year.

FuzzyGopher
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Forget building a new stadium Zygi, just give the 200m dollars to Jason Garrett.

giver17
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
a team is only as good as the coach, and clearly our play today is a reflection of Childress, and some of the people he has brought in (stank-o). Berrian needs to learn to catch the ball too. and will someone please tell me how we do not record a single damn sack with the D-Line we have? not to mention collins isn't exactly mike vick. today was a joke. AD looked good as always, but of course we had to abandon the run in the 4th so his numbers are down. I am so frustrated right now it is sickening

FuzzyGopher
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
a team is only as good as the coach, and clearly our play today is a reflection of Childress, and some of the people he has brought in (stank-o). Berrian needs to learn to catch the ball too. and will someone please tell me how we do not record a single damn sack with the D-Line we have? not to mention collins isn't exactly mike vick. today was a joke. AD looked good as always, but of course we had to abandon the run in the 4th so his numbers are down. I am so frustrated right now it is sickening

A lot of Colllins throws were very quick, not to mention our corners cant cover for **** so it doesnt take long for receivers to get open.

Ozzy
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Vikings are playing ok this season, still a tough physically football team but seems Peterson is not running as hard as he did last year and obviously is not getting the long 70 yard TD runs like he had last year which greatly helped the offense.

The defense is playing well, the opposite DE is a clear issue, especially when a guy like Grisby starts a game for you. Disappointed in the safeties, Johnson as a rookie has not impressed me much and Sharper is not making as many plays as he should.

Key thing though, Viking fans we are so used to having a explosive offense that can score at will. And it is quite hard not having that, but we have to know that a good defense is how you make a good team. And against arguably the best team in the NFL in the Titans, we were basically a few mistakes away from winning the game. We gave them the damn ball in their red zone more than once. Be interesting to see how the QB thing goes though especially if Ferotte is injured.

The_Dude
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
And against arguably the best team in the NFL in the Titans, we were basically a few mistakes away from winning the game.

I don't know how the titans could be considered anywhere near the best team in the NFL. They have beaten a bunch of crappy teams... the vikings included.

The_Dude
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
In my humble opinion, this year can only be deemed a success if we can end up getting rid of Childress, shianco, cedric griffin, jackson (out of the starting lineup at least), and ryan cook.

Forget the playoffs, i just want a team that i can be confident in on a weekly basis. That won't happen this year....

Vikes99ej
09-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Cedric Griffin is just an awful excuse for a cornerback.

I second this.

Ozzy
09-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Cedric Griffin is just an awful excuse for a cornerback.Are you guys Viking fans? Ok yes it is easy to blame Griffin for the Vikings being poor on defense at times.

However....

Remember the safeties are sure not playing that great, look at how average Johnson is and Sharper is not making as many plays as he usually does.

And I say are you people Viking fans because any real fan would remember the terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE CBs they have had over the years.

I am talking Ramos McDonald, Eric Kelly, Robert Tate, Wasswa Serwanga.

They were at the point where one thought an old and slow Dale Carter and Jimmy Hitchcock where pro bowl corners because one never saw a good CB before....

Honestly is Cedric Griffin worse than McDonald, Tate or Serwanga? Please!

He is a good tackler, gets beat in coverage but can make a big hit and is not the worse CB in the world, if he was a nickle guy he would be great. And there is a reason McCauley, Sapp and Gordon are not taking his place.

Give the kid some time, he is not that bad for a Viking corner, and I again site their past ones!

giver17
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
yeah, i dont really think Griffin is to blame for everything today. he had a few slip ups for sure, but he had a couple really nice hits and breakups too

djp
09-28-2008, 10:13 PM
2 words folks.

Ronyell Whitaker.

yo123
09-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I've heard enough excuses for this piece of garbage. Cedric Griffin sucks. He sucks with a pass rush and he sucks without a pass rush. He sucks against good receivers and he sucks against bad receivers. Winfield isn't even getting thrown at anymore. Collins just stared down Griffin's receiver, the dominant Justin Gage, and he got burnt all day long. His replacement needs to be either drafted or signed in the offseason because he's pathetic.

Vikes99ej
09-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Griffin is just a tackler; that's all. He's like the Roy Williams of cornerbacks, except he's never made a Pro Bowl.

yo123
09-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Griffin is just a tackler; that's all. He's like the Roy Williams of cornerbacks, except he's never made a Pro Bowl.

A tackler that actually misses a fair amount of tackles. I'd call him decent against the run.

Dr. Gonzo
09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
A tackler that actually misses a fair amount of tackles. I'd call him decent against the run.

Bring back Greg Blue!!!!

aNYtitan
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't know how the titans could be considered anywhere near the best team in the NFL. They have beaten a bunch of crappy teams... the vikings included.

A win is a win, beating a 0-4 team is the same as beating a 4-0 team in the record books. In all honesty though, your not convinced that the Titans have a top 3 defense in the league?

djp
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
A win is a win, beating a 0-4 team is the same as beating a 4-0 team in the record books. In all honesty though, your not convinced that the Titans have a top 3 defense in the league?

No, I'm really not. Peterson had room to run. Haynesworth for the most part was blocked pretty well.

It's a solid defense, but they haven't played one team with good offensive balance yet.

Ozzy
09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I've heard enough excuses for this piece of garbage. Cedric Griffin sucks. He sucks with a pass rush and he sucks without a pass rush. He sucks against good receivers and he sucks against bad receivers. Winfield isn't even getting thrown at anymore. Collins just stared down Griffin's receiver, the dominant Justin Gage, and he got burnt all day long. His replacement needs to be either drafted or signed in the offseason because he's pathetic.Classic pissed off home football fan.

You can take Ramos McDonald or Eric Kelly or Robert Tate or Wasswa Serwanga....

I will take Cedric Griffin.

Has he played bad? Yes.

Is he the worst corner the Vikings have ever had, which is what you make him out to be? No.

Think back a little man, if you even watched the Vikings back then....

yo123
09-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Classic pissed off home football fan.

Has he played bad? Yes.

Is he the worst corner the Vikings have ever had, which is what you make him out to be? No.

Show me where I said he is the worst CB we have ever had. I just said he ******* sucks, which he does.

DHVF
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Classic pissed off home football fan.

Has he played bad? Yes.

I'll actually take Eric Kelly over him. And I think I get what point you are trying to make, but that doesn't make it any less idiotic. I mean, the simple fact that we've had some of the most pathetic starting cornerbacks in the league over the past decade doesn't excuse Griffin's porous play.

djp
09-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Keep it civil boys

Dr. Gonzo
09-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I actually hope Frerotte is injured so the slight chance that the team gets a clue and trades for Jeff Garcia increases. I seriously think the only way we are making a push for a playoff birth with Childress at coach is if we trade for Garcia and hope he can will the team to victory amidst the terrible playcalling by the worst head coach in the NFL.

pete_norm
09-29-2008, 09:07 AM
I actually hope Frerotte is injured so the slight chance that the team gets a clue and trades for Jeff Garcia increases.

Gus is not the cause of this defeat. He played well in the last 2 games , and even if i wasn't sure of the switch from TJ to him at first i think it's a good decision now.

The problem today was that the vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Stupid penalties, defensive offsides on third down that extends drive, offensive holdings that negates first downs and good gains on returns and runs.

Terrible play calling.
Chester Taylor up the middle on 1 and 16???
Our coach are absolutely unimaginative and predictable. According to the nfl play by play, on 16 third downs, the Vikings lined up 16 times in Shotgun formation, and attempted 16 passes (even on third and 1...). No elements of surprise. They seem to never try something different.

And finally, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers inside our 35 yards line... 21 points off turnover, that's what killed us.

Crappy game all around. Feels like same old same old sometimes for this Vikings fan...

PS We were robbed by the referees on that 4 and 2.... There is no way the receiver crossed the first down line. That could have changed the game completely.

giver17
09-29-2008, 09:32 AM
looks like the Ram drop Linehan, why can't we do the same?

Dr. Gonzo
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Gus is not the cause of this defeat. He played well in the last 2 games , and even if i wasn't sure of the switch from TJ to him at first i think it's a good decision now.

The problem today was that the vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Stupid penalties, defensive offsides on third down that extends drive, offensive holdings that negates first downs and good gains on returns and runs.

Terrible play calling.
Chester Taylor up the middle on 1 and 16???
Our coach are absolutely unimaginative and predictable. According to the nfl play by play, on 16 third downs, the Vikings lined up 16 times in Shotgun formation, and attempted 16 passes (even on third and 1...). No elements of surprise. They seem to never try something different.

And finally, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers inside our 35 yards line... 21 points off turnover, that's what killed us.

Crappy game all around. Feels like same old same old sometimes for this Vikings fan...

PS We were robbed by the referees on that 4 and 2.... There is no way the receiver crossed the first down line. That could have changed the game completely.

I am not saying Frerotte is the reason we lost. I do think though that we won't be making the playoffs with him as our QB. I thin kdespite the terrible coaching Garcia could win us a couple extra games on his own, something Frerotte won't do.

FuzzyGopher
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Our coaches donít get the most out of our players. We have 2 of the best running backs in the league and we throw the ball 45 times and run freakin 18?!? What a joke, they need to get creative and put both backs on the field at the same time, line up AD at receiver and Chester in the back field and run a reverse/ fake reverse or something. Frerotte is a game manager and he does it well but we never have an opportunity for a big play. Watch any other team in the league and they get creative with their play calling, they donít just run the same vanilla run, run, pass. We play good teams close but we will never win if we only score 1 or 2 TD's a game. We have to much talent on this team to be playing so mediocre.

The Dynasty
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Our coaches donít get the most out of our players. We have 2 of the best running backs in the league and we throw the ball 45 times and run freakin 18?!? What a joke, they need to get creative and put both backs on the field at the same time, line up AD at receiver and Chester in the back field and run a reverse/ fake reverse or something. Frerotte is a game manager and he does it well but we never have an opportunity for a big play. Watch any other team in the league and they get creative with their play calling, they donít just run the same vanilla run, run, pass. We play good teams close but we will never win if we only score 1 or 2 TD's a game. We have to much talent on this team to be playing so mediocre.

That whole statement is all true and the Last sentence just caps it off. There is so much Talent on this team. Hutch, AP, Taylor, Berrian, Birk, Winfield, Sharper, EJ, Greenway, Allen, Williams and Williams. All of those guys are either been pro bowl players or have the potenital in my eyes to be pro bowls. Childress and the Coach Staff are holding them back. The Day Adrian signed with us I have been scared of the day when he becomes a FA because I know if we dont win he wont want to play for us and He is too good to just have for 5 years and to get rid. We need to get rid of Childress and Maybe even Spielmen buts that a questionable because he has got us the players we need to succeed it just the Coach needs to take those players and win and with a record of 15-21, that is not what we were looking for after tice.

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Classic quick fix culture being displayed here. Firing the head coach is like taking a pill, sure it is fast and easy, might work in the short term but things are not always that simple. They are actually quite complex and more than one thing comes into play in the end result.

Kid_Ego
09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Well Ozzy its really quite simple, Childress is a horrible coach.

Lets start with drafting we drafted Ryan cook cedric grffin and tavaris jackson in the same draft they all suck.

Childress cut or didnt resign Koren Robinson Mewelde Moore Hank Baskett Daunte Culpepper Jermaine wiggins all of which are better then the guys he replaced them with.

None of the games hes won have we even been ok hardly impressive.

What has him or his pet project done. Last year TJ won 8 games supposedly yet he only thru 8 freaking tds all year. Daunte would of had that this year already!!!!!!!!!!! For all the fumbling Culpepper did he also provided a spark, He won games, T-jack last year against the giants thru 9 freaking passes sure he had a great passer rating most of those were probably screen passes. Not only has he flushed this season down the toilet and wasted another prescious year of are already aging defense but We have nothing that remotely could be mistaken for an offense. NOTHING

Dr. Gonzo
09-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Well Ozzy its really quite simple, Childress is a horrible coach.

Lets start with drafting we drafted Ryan cook cedric grffin and tavaris jackson in the same draft they all suck.

Childress cut or didnt resign Koren Robinson Mewelde Moore Hank Baskett Daunte Culpepper Jermaine wiggins all of which are better then the guys he replaced them with.

None of the games hes won have we even been ok hardly impressive.

What has him or his pet project done. Last year TJ won 8 games supposedly yet he only thru 8 freaking tds all year. Daunte would of had that this year already!!!!!!!!!!! For all the fumbling Culpepper did he also provided a spark, He won games, T-jack last year against the giants thru 9 freaking passes sure he had a great passer rating most of those were probably screen passes. Not only has he flushed this season down the toilet and wasted another prescious year of are already aging defense but We have nothing that remotely could be mistaken for an offense. NOTHING

I would not even say that is the worst thing about Childress as a head coach. I mean some of that I am sure is the fault of the front office. What I hate about Childress and for that matter Bevell is they absolutly cannot utilze the talent we have on offense. The playcalling by Childress is atrocious. He cannot motivate this team at all. I remember reading about the techniques used by Childress to motivate his players and I think I remember reading a few of them called his techniques downright weird. It is the coaches job to get the most out of his players and in my opinion all Childress does is make them worse and single handidly lose the team games. Nobody ever said firing the coach will solve all of our problems Ozzie but I don't think anyone with a brain can say that firing Childress will not help this team. We will only continue to get worse with Childress as the coach of probably finish with another record around 500 but that is not good enough because this team is far to talented for that. Unquestionably I think we need to start improving this team by firing the worst coach in the NFL and go from there.

The Dynasty
09-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Classic quick fix culture being displayed here. Firing the head coach is like taking a pill, sure it is fast and easy, might work in the short term but things are not always that simple. They are actually quite complex and more than one thing comes into play in the end result.

Well if so, then why dont you enlighten us. Because We know our Number 1 Rush Offense and Defense cant be the problem....We All know the passing game for both side is terrible..The Management cant be for blame because atleast they went out and got us players that want to win like Allen. I guess that leaves the Coaches and the Schemes we use. So Maybe it actually is Childress and the Coaching staff hmm...

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Again people like the quick fix and that is all they look for.

Fans try to take out frustration on a coach, sorry Childress is not the problem. Yes he might have made a mistake in drafting Jackson, he probably thought Jackson would be his McNabb. Turns out he does have a rocket arm, but he is not accurate and cannot make simple plays. Which is why he was put on the bench.

Who do we get as our coach? Please would you rather go back to the days of Tice? Where we were a joke of the league because all our players got in trouble with the law.

I will go out and say there is no way Childress will be fired this season. No way, you can all think it, it just will not happen because there is no reason for it.

As for the draft, any Viking fan would know that they have drafted quite well over the past few years. A lot better than they did all the years previous.

Of course if you look back you can say they should have done this or that but please you could do that to basically ever organization in the NFL.

Childress will not be fired, period.

Did Childress make a mistake in Jackson? Jury is still out but most likely yes. However if the Vikings had just a solid consistent QB that made plays all our "problems" would be solved. Oh and it would be nice if Berrian played like he did on the Bears, or if they got Rice the ball more or if McKinnie was not gone for our first few games.

Dr. Gonzo
09-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Again people like the quick fix and that is all they look for.

Fans try to take out frustration on a coach, sorry Childress is not the problem. Yes he might have made a mistake in drafting Jackson, he probably thought Jackson would be his McNabb. Turns out he does have a rocket arm, but he is not accurate and cannot make simple plays. Which is why he was put on the bench.

Who do we get as our coach? Please would you rather go back to the days of Tice? Where we were a joke of the league because all our players got in trouble with the law.

I will go out and say there is no way Childress will be fired this season. No way, you can all think it, it just will not happen because there is no reason for it.

As for the draft, any Viking fan would know that they have drafted quite well over the past few years. A lot better than they did all the years previous.

Of course if you look back you can say they should have done this or that but please you could do that to basically ever organization in the NFL.

Childress will not be fired, period.

I understand that we have drafted very well but we are not performing well. The reason for that is we have a terrible head coach. The reason he should be fired is because he makes the team worse so it stands to reason that without him we are a better team. Who says we need to go back to the Tice days either. Nobody is holding a gun to the teams head and saying if you fire Childress you have to rehire Tice. Your problem Ozzie is that you are so scared of going back to the dark ages of this team that you are pefectly content with mediocrity and until we fire Childress mediocrity is all we will get. The forumla for the team right now is great talent + terrible coaching = average team. It stands to reason that if we get something besides terrible coaching we should have a shot at winning.

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I understand that we have drafted very well but we are not performing well. The reason for that is we have a terrible head coach. The reason he should be fired is because he makes the team worse so it stands to reason that without him we are a better team. Who says we need to go back to the Tice days either. Nobody is holding a gun to the teams head and saying if you fire Childress you have to rehire Tice. Your problem Ozzie is that you are so scared of going back to the dark ages of this team that you are pefectly content with mediocrity and until we fire Childress mediocrity is all we will get. The forumla for the team right now is great talent + terrible coaching = average team. It stands to reason that if we get something besides terrible coaching we should have a shot at winning.Last time I checked pretty much every team in the NFL has talent to some degree. Obviously we do not have that much talent because we have few backup quality DEs. We do not have good quality backup LBs, we also do not have a very deep offensive line, thus Hicks as our starting OT. On top of that we need more good TEs that can stretch the field, and some of our free agents, aka Berrian are not playing well and M. Williams is not even on the field because he is injured.

I say those are reasons, all reasons the coach does not really control. Thus if we were so "talented" why don't we have those key backups? To be talented is a deep football team with good backups, clearly we have few good backups, even our 3rd string RB, who used to be Moore is now basically a non weapon.

They have a lot of problems that in some ways have nothing to do with the coach. As for the player personnel Childress is not the overall for the team, Rick Spielman makes a lot of decisions in the front office and over the past two seasons someone either Spielman or Childress or both have collected some great undrafted free agents, most notably Erin Henderson and Charles Gordon. So their "scouting" is not that bad.

The Dynasty
09-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes we have had a good draft the pass 2 years....but the first year I wouldnt consider it good. Let see we got Jackson, Cook, Griffin and we came out with Greenway and Ray Edwards...I would say the only guy so far that has been good is Greenway. But the reason why 07 and 08 Where better so far than 06 maybe because we had different GMs that first year.

And yes we do need a consistent QB if you dont think so then I have no idea why not. Because it is obvious. Tarvaris Jackson is not the answer, He cant read defenses and he is very unaccurate. Gus Frerotte can manage the game but he will be retired in 3 years at most. If we had a QB that could manage the game, get the balls to the receiver, Oh and that can read defenses we might actually win.

Also if we go at the rate we are at 1 win in 4 games so that means 4-12, No Coach deserves to stay as coach at 4-12. I dont think we will go 4-12 but we might not even have a winning record. Zygi wilf didnt spend around 150-200 Million this offseason on guys to lose. He wants to win and if he doesnt see it happening Childress should and will be gone.

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 03:01 PM
The main problem is that Viking fans are too used to great offenses and are getting so frustrated with the current Viking offense they think firing the coach is the way to go.

This just in, the Vikings have shifted, they are building on defense, we are a defensive team and a running team that does not score a lot of points. Thus we will not be able to get 80 yard TDs 2-3 times a game like the old days.

If the Vikings had Steeler, Bill or Giants uniforms on, most would see them as a pretty damn good football team with some great players. And even with early losses, are still solid and should be a threat all year long. Yet since they have a Viking jersey, and they are not killing people on offense, Viking fans blame the coach.

What happened to the good old days when people blamed the starting QB and cheered the backup? Ferrotte knows those days backing up Culpepper, even Bowman was cheered as a backup and thought to be some type of savior.

However now since the Vikings do not have a unproven backup to cheer, thus Jackson is the backup....now you switch to the head coach? Please....

djp
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Are you serious Ozzy? If we continue to play like this, there is NO WAY Childress will be our coach next year.

He needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. Almost everyone agrees with that assessment -- media, fans, and probably Childress himself. He has been given a talented team to work with. Tarvaris Jackson will be the death of him as our coach. He could have just as easily traded up for Cutler.

I think Zygi is much too tired of watching a mediocre product on the field when he has poured as much money into this team as any other owner in the NFL. We'd have been in the playoffs last year if he plays Peterson the entire season. That was one of many, many mistakes he's made.

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Also if we go at the rate we are at 1 win in 4 games so that means 4-12, No Coach deserves to stay as coach at 4-12. I dont think we will go 4-12 but we might not even have a winning record. Zygi wilf didnt spend around 150-200 Million this offseason on guys to lose. He wants to win and if he doesnt see it happening Childress should and will be gone.I love the spending, Hutch, Allen, Winfield, Pat Williams...all worth the big money. Berrian has played horrible and again M. Williams is not even on the field. That along with McKinnie being out all these games is a great reason the Vikings have not played all that great. And all three of those reasons have very little to do with the head coach.

Did the head coach make a mistake in wanting Jackson at QB? Probably, but the head coach is not the one who cannot throw a accurate football. Players deserve some if not most of the blame.

I know bad coaches, there are a lot of them, but the Vikings are not the Rams here and need to fire the coach.

PS Linehan will be a great college coach, and hopefully he gets out of this hell that is the NFL.

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I think Zygi is much too tired of watching a mediocre product on the field when he has poured as much money into this team as any other owner in the NFL. We'd have been in the playoffs last year if he plays Peterson the entire season. That was one of many, many mistakes he's made.I do not think the Vikings will have a bad season. Remember the start of last year? Honestly they are a very up and down team, and again the coach will not change that much. I do not think it will happen during the year at all. If they never win a game the rest of the year, sure he will be but I do not see that happening.

And I say again they do not have that much Fing talent. Seriously again I reference our WRs, DEs, LB and OL depth. Talented teams do not have problems filling holes when players go down, Vikings do. Yes Vikings have a lot of big names but obviously are not that deep.

Not there fault people thought they would win the Super Bowl, why? Because let me guess good defense, stop the run defense, they can run the ball on offense, thus Super Bowl contender. That is pretty standard issue.

The Dynasty
09-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I love the spending, Hutch, Allen, Winfield, Pat Williams...all worth the big money. Berrian has played horrible and again M. Williams is not even on the field. That along with McKinnie being out all these games is a great reason the Vikings have not played all that great. And all three of those reasons have very little to do with the head coach.

Did the head coach make a mistake in wanting Jackson at QB? Probably, but the head coach is not the one who cannot throw a accurate football. Players deserve some if not most of the blame.

I know bad coaches, there are a lot of them, but the Vikings are not the Rams here and need to fire the coach.

PS Linehan will be a great college coach, and hopefully he gets out of this hell that is the NFL.

Well Berrian cant perform well if he doesnt have a QB that over throws him or hits him in the ankles in slant passes. Childress Made a Huge Mistake with Jackson he put all his Marbles in with Jackson and has failed to date. We could easily traded for Cutler. Then in 07 We could have had Trent Edwards. Both 2 are performing better than a guy that was the next McNabb according to our Great Head Coach.

Dr. Gonzo
09-29-2008, 03:23 PM
The main problem is that Viking fans are too used to great offenses and are getting so frustrated with the current Viking offense they think firing the coach is the way to go.

This just in, the Vikings have shifted, they are building on defense, we are a defensive team and a running team that does not score a lot of points. Thus we will not be able to get 80 yard TDs 2-3 times a game like the old days.

If the Vikings had Steeler, Bill or Giants uniforms on, most would see them as a pretty damn good football team with some great players. And even with early losses, are still solid and should be a threat all year long. Yet since they have a Viking jersey, and they are not killing people on offense, Viking fans blame the coach.

What happened to the good old days when people blamed the starting QB and cheered the backup? Ferrotte knows those days backing up Culpepper, even Bowman was cheered as a backup and thought to be some type of savior.

However now since the Vikings do not have a unproven backup to cheer, thus Jackson is the backup....now you switch to the head coach? Please....

I don't care how many point we score, I care about winning. I care about having a coach who does not only know how to make idiotic playcalls. I care about cheering for a team that has the desire to win and will do whatever it takes to get that win, something we are not under Brad Childress. I do not care if we win 1-0 or 100-99, a win is a win. I also do have a backup QB to cheer, John David Booty so I do not know why you think that every Viking fan blames the coach because we do not feel like blaming the QB. We blame the coach because he is terrible and one of the many reasons we are losing. Firing Childress also happens to be one of the easiest fixes to one of our problesm we have. Sure we need a better QB and we need to improve our secondary and I am sure we will get to that. First though I think we need to take care of our biggest problem.

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 03:45 PM
It is just probably not going to happen gentleman. What it is his 3rd year, he easily gets at least one more year outside of this season to prove himself.

And please, you think the season will be saved by changing the head coach? Is that a joke? Change the head coach, change the entire offense at mid season, yeah see how the Rams do with all of that.

And who again would we bring in to replace him?

Love to hear all of these outstanding head coaches out there that would be so much better than Childress.

If a change will be made it will not be for awhile.

Now the Timberwolves, I am all for firing Wittman and hiring the hysterical Jeff Van Gundy! He is smart as can be and could teach the Wolves how to play some real defense ;o)

The Dynasty
09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
It is just probably not going to happen gentleman. What it is his 3rd year, he easily gets at least one more year outside of this season to prove himself.

Most Coaches get three years to fix a team that was in a losing season to turn it around so I dont know where your getting this 4th season. If we dont make playoffs he is done. This is not a wait and see league, If you like to think that its fine but its not. Its a win now league. Childress is the leader of this team and deserves all the blame. Coaches always and will forever get blamed.

Should he be fired midseason? I dont know. Although He should be fired at the end of the year if we are below 500 and not playoffs.

Ozzy
09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Should he be fired midseason? I dont know. Although He should be fired at the end of the year if we are below 500 and not playoffs.I agree with that, too bad we will not be that bad of a team the rest of the year.

As for the win now league, yeah of course it is a win now league but honestly it is hard to have faith in the Vikings regardless of who is their coach considering their success or lack there of over the years.

Either it is the offense is amazing and the defensive is horrible. Or now, the defense is great and the offense is horrible. Still like the move of forgetting the power offense and switching to focusing on defense as a organization.

Childress sure does not have the Pat Riley factor though, he is not very motivational, does not come off like a man in charge and is not a great leader. However that has been said of many other coaches until the won a super bowl, then they were great players.

I still say though, a head coach in the NFL is not as important as say in college football. Good person to blame but teams can be good without a great head coach. Aka Dallas Cowboys, even though they might lose because their head coach is a wuss and never stands up for anything.

I have always believed, players really make coaches look good, and players can also make coaches look worse than they really are.

College, it is a totally different story and the head coach means a lot more in my book.

GB12
09-29-2008, 07:03 PM
looks like the Ram drop Linehan, why can't we do the same?
You can. After you hire him this offseason you'll only have to wait three years until you can drop Linehan.

General Zod
09-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Just watched Mewelde Moore make some big plays to help the Steelers win on MNF. Im happy for him, I always liked him when he played for the Vikes.

giver17
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
You can. After you hire him this offseason you'll only have to wait three years until you can drop Linehan.

i think it is clear i was referring to chilly. but thanks for the insight from across the boarder.

rchrd
10-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Just watched Mewelde Moore make some big plays to help the Steelers win on MNF. Im happy for him, I always liked him when he played for the Vikes.

Agreed, I think he did a lot of good things for us without getting much credit.

vikes_28
10-01-2008, 05:51 PM
just to forewarn you all...i am a little bit flustered with what i just read. i may get somewhat aggressive with what i say here.

First of all, Ozzy you piss me off. You are the only freakin person on this forum that is backing up childress and denying that the vikings have talent on this team. You are the only one on this forum that is putting it on the players that our record stands as it is. it is the play calling that is making us suck ***. When we hire a good freakin play caller maybe something will come out of the woodwork. so what im trying to say is FIRE BRAD CHILDRESS. HE IS FREAKIN USELESS. HE HAS DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THIS TEAM!! I really think that he should go. after this year if we have a losing record he is gone.

my prediction thus far for the season is 5-11. we cant get production at more than one position. our needs for next season are as follows:

1. Quarterback - Jackson is trash. Frerotte is trash. Booty is young and unproven. either draft someone, or bring in a proven veteren...aka jeff garcia or derek anderson or seneca wallace.

2. Tight End - Stonehands shiancoe sucks balls. he cant catch worth crap. he needs to go. you see ends in chicago and pittsburgh that are preforming wonderfully. and we decide to stick with shiancoe. smart...

3. Linebackers - an upgrade on ben lebers side would be nice. hes good, but not quite good enough. we also need depth at the backer position. not a lot of depth means if one gets injured then we are screwed up the butt.

4. Wide Reciever - Berrian has been a disappoint thus far. of course he doesnt have a good freakin qb to throw him the ball. id give this one another season to develop. but still. seriously. our recievers cant catch.

5. Cornerback - Cedric griffen isnt that good. he can tackle and thats about it. we tried to solve our problems by bringing in Smoot a couple years ago. that was a joke....bring in another veteren or find someone in the first round of the draft.

6. Defensive End - one of the lesser needs. but its still there. depth is needed along the line.

7. Saftey - Tyrell Johnson isn't so good...yet. Darren Sharper is losing his mind. Williams has yet to play a game.

Lets be real...Childress hasn't done much for the team. sure AD and getting Jared Allen. but football isnt a one man show.

Ozzy...get over the fact that Childress is the worst thing to ever happen to the vikings.

We have been having quarterback problems since before i can remember. ever since cunningham lost it after the 98 season. who has done something? Culpepper? he relied on randy moss. he wasnt a good qb. he lost it as soon as moss was traded! he was very one sided. when you have a wide reciever you can do anything you want. all you have to do is throw it in the air and moss would catch it. What? Jeff George? who the hell is that? kelly holcomb? todd bowman? and now tavaris jackson? lets bring in someone who is proven or draft somone who we know will produce. WE NEED NUMBERS! FEWER INTERCEPTIONS. MORE TOUCHDOWNS! AND NO ONE WHO HAS FUMBLEFREAKINITIS.

We have the best 1-2 punch in the leage. USE IT DAMNIT! USE IT! get chester taylor in the backfield, AD in the slot. woo! spells touchdown everytime.

we need to get more creative with play calling. more reverses, boots, flea flickers. yes...they still work. how bout running back passes? AD can do everything else. why not have him throw?

yes i apologize...i ranted on a little bit. Ozzy...shut up.

GB12
10-01-2008, 06:50 PM
You really think Ben Leber isn't good enough? He's not great, but from what I've watched of him he's more than fine for a SLB.

vikes_28
10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
ben leber is good for the time being. hes a good tackler. good run stopper. but i still think that the position can be upgraded.

DHVF
10-01-2008, 10:09 PM
ben leber is good for the time being. hes a good tackler. good run stopper. but i still think that the position can be upgraded.
Improve with what? Are you willing to spend a high draft pick on a guy that will only play 2 downs. Better yet, who in free agency are you going to get that's a better SLB than him? All the talks of replacing him are IMO ridiculous. The guy is only 29 years old and is the best SLB in our division, we have many other places to upgrade before even thinking about any of our starting linebackers.

vikes_28
10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
i just think that there can be more intensity at the position. im not saying bring in a high draft pick. there are obviously other things that a high draft pick can be spent on. im simply saying upgrade the position.

and also...when i say upgrade, i may not always mean "replace ben leber" i might also mean, get some depth.

sometimes you should read between the lines before you assume that im a dumbass.

DHVF
10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
i just think that there can be more intensity at the position. im not saying bring in a high draft pick. there are obviously other things that a high draft pick can be spent on. im simply saying upgrade the position.

and also...when i say upgrade, i may not always mean "replace ben leber" i might also mean, get some depth.

sometimes you should read between the lines before you assume that im a dumbass.
So let me get this straight, when you say that an upgrade at Ben Leber's position would be nice and that he's not quite good enough, you're not calling for him to be replaced? Damn, I need to get better at this whole reading between the lines thing.

vikes_28
10-02-2008, 03:49 PM
point taken. maybe ill take it back...ben leber doesnt need to be upgraded, but we need depth. thats it. depth.

that goes for every position, not just linebacker

for once ill admit i was wrong.

that takes a lot to do that for me.

the_legend_killer
10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
What has Seneca Wallace proven? A 78.9 career QB Rating?

Dr. Gonzo
10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
What has Seneca Wallace proven? A 78.9 career QB Rating?

Uhhhh MCNABB 2.0!

the_legend_killer
10-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Uhhhh MCNABB 2.0!

Can't Donovan see over the line of scrimmage?

Dr. Gonzo
10-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Can't Donovan see over the line of scrimmage?

Personally I would not want Wallace but many do.

the_legend_killer
10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Personally I would not want Wallace but many do.

I wouldn't either, but I know he's been in a WCO for many years in Seattle. But still, I'd rather see others.

GB12
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm not a fan of Wallace, but he would be an upgrade over Jackson and Ferotte.

Dr. Gonzo
10-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm not a fan of Wallace, but he would be an upgrade over Jackson and Ferotte.

That may be true but so would many other QB's that we should be able to get next year. All I am saying is there are better options than Wallace.

TitleTown088
10-03-2008, 12:07 AM
http://vikesgeek.blogspot.com/2008/09/zygi-poised-to-dump-childress-if.html

please no.

Dr. Gonzo
10-03-2008, 12:11 AM

please no.

Oh thanks god. I hope we tank just enough to ensure he gets fired. I remember flipping through the tv and catching a bit of Raw I think or maybe Smackdown in I assume Minnesota and I saw a bunch of Fire Childress signs. It seems Zygi is starting to take notice.

I love the idea of bringing in Cowher or Schotenheimer. I would love to see some Martyball with AD and I think Cowher's hard noce approach would be perfect.

DHVF
10-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Oh thanks god. I hope we tank just enough to ensure he gets fired. I remember flipping through the tv and catching a bit of Raw I think or maybe Smackdown in I assume Minnesota and I saw a bunch of Fire Childress signs. It seems Zygi is starting to take notice.

I love the idea of bringing in Cowher or Schotenheimer. I would love to see some Martyball with AD and I think Cowher's hard noce approach would be perfect.
Woo!...Same exact thoughts here. Despite whatever Ozzy thinks, the Vikings simply need to part with Childress, as he is the single biggest factor holding this team down. I really hope we'd go after Cowher or Schottenheimer (preferrably Cowher) before Fassell though.

Vikes99ej
10-03-2008, 12:18 AM

please no.

That might as well have been on Wikipedia. I don't trust that at all.

Dr. Gonzo
10-03-2008, 12:23 AM
That might as well have been on Wikipedia. I don't trust that at all.

I can hope though! Regardless of whether or not this is true it makes me happy.

Godsend
10-03-2008, 09:37 AM
any news on ej henderson? is he gonna be able to play monday night?

djp
10-04-2008, 11:49 AM
any news on ej henderson? is he gonna be able to play monday night?

He is most likely out.

FuzzyGopher
10-04-2008, 12:03 PM
There is a story on PFT (yeah i know..) that Henderson could be out at least a month. Not good, he is great in run support and a good blitzer.

vikes_28
10-04-2008, 02:01 PM
that sucks. who replaces him? im super pissed off right now. it all goes back to that thing that i said earlier about depth...

Vikes99ej
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I actually have a good feeling about this game.

The_Dude
10-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I actually have a good feeling about this game.

Because both a win and a loss have the ability to bring joy to us hapless Vikings fans???

FuzzyGopher
10-06-2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Ugh, EJ was put on IR today.

djp
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Ugh, EJ was put on IR today.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge loss for us guys.

With Henderson out, second-year player David Herron is expected to take his place in the middle ó at least for the short term. The Vikings will need to examine their options and could consider moving Ben Leber from the weak-side to the middle. The team also had former Viking Dontarrious Thomas in for a workout last week. Thomas was considered the Vikings top backup at all three linebacker positions last season but left in free agency to sign with San Francisco. The 49ers, however, cut Thomas before the season started.

Please god, no. For my mental health do not sign Thomas.

The_Dude
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Ugh.

Let the downward spiral that is our season continue.

I never knew that toes were that important?!?!

Kid_Ego
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
First I want to address Seneca Wallace simply put he is being coached by a real QB mentor. Brett Farve Mark Brunell Kurt Warner Hasselbeck This guy has a real eye for talent and He hasnt kept Wallace this long because of trick plays.

Second Losing EJ is huge, there goes the neighborhood. I would really like to see thomas signed move leber inside and thomas outside and that should soften the blow, Plus he is a good special team player.

Third Suzy Kohler is a complete ******* hottie!!!!!!!!!

Childress is a freaking joke period dont see where he has drafted good at all. He has signed some free agents but even they are over paid.

I see one decent starter he drafted Chad Greenway, but in the same draft he did this
Drafted Tavis jackson, Ryan Cooke Cedric Griffith Traded For Hicks None of these guys are even decent
then his free agent signings suck
Stonehands shiacoe, Benard over paid Berrian, Skip hicks WHOOOO
Jared Allen is the one exeption but I have to admit I still expected a little more,
Sydney Rice hasnt stayed on the field
Audrae Allison s probably our single Bright spot of our receiving corp
Chester Taylor is very good at times but the guy just plain puts the ball up for grabs too freaking much, And it always seems to be at critical times

Vikes99ej
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
First I want to address Seneca Wallace simply put he is being coached by a real QB mentor. Brett Farve Mark Brunell Kurt Warner Hasselbeck This guy has a real eye for talent and He hasnt kept Wallace this long because of trick plays.

Second Losing EJ is huge, there goes the neighborhood. I would really like to see thomas signed move leber inside and thomas outside and that should soften the blow, Plus he is a good special team player.

Third Suzy Kohler is a complete ******* hottie!!!!!!!!!

Childress is a freaking joke period dont see where he has drafted good at all. He has signed some free agents but even they are over paid.

I see one decent starter he drafted Chad Greenway, but in the same draft he did this
Drafted Tavis jackson, Ryan Cooke Cedric Griffith Traded For Hicks None of these guys are even decent
then his free agent signings suck
Stonehands shiacoe, Benard over paid Berrian, Skip hicks WHOOOO
Jared Allen is the one exeption but I have to admit I still expected a little more,
Sydney Rice hasnt stayed on the field
Audrae Allison s probably our single Bright spot of our receiving corp
Chester Taylor is very good at times but the guy just plain puts the ball up for grabs too freaking much, And it always seems to be at critical times

**** about Seneca Wallace.

vikes_28
10-07-2008, 11:00 AM
what the hell happend to AD? i thought he was going to own the saints defense. i was wrong. and he lost for me on my fantasy team...

rchrd
10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Bush's two returns for touchdowns made him the 12th player in NFL history to accomplish the feat and tied a single-game record.

Childress couldn't have been happy with the coverage but he reserved most of his venom for punter Chris Kluwe.

''Both of those kicks are supposed to be out of bounds,'' said Childress, who had what appeared to be a heated sideline exchange with Kluwe after Bush's second return. ''When you say to somebody kick the ball out of bounds that's what you expect to happen. That's what I expect to happen from a professional football kicker. ... Disappointed that we weren't able to get that done, and that's the idea we were trying to get through.''

Asked if Kluwe struggles with what amounts to punting directionally and out of bounds, Childress said: ''You know what, if he can't do that I'll find somebody that can kick the ball out of bounds.''

This doesnt make me feel any sympathy for Childress but I thought it was an interesting sidenote to the game.

Dr. Gonzo
10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
This doesnt make me feel any sympathy for Childress but I thought it was an interesting sidenote to the game.

Sounds to me like a coach desperatly trying to keep his job. Childress is an idiot.

vikes_28
10-07-2008, 05:05 PM
that sounds like a load of ********. i know it wasnt a pretty victory...aka two returned punts...

but the fact of the matter is is that its a W on the vikings record.

granted i still have discontent with Childress...as all of us do. except ozzy...he hasnt been on since i chewed his ass. lol.

Gonzo i agree one hundred percent. he does sound like a coach that is trying to keep his job.

vikes_28
10-07-2008, 05:09 PM
maybe i should write a letter to the vikings...saying to fire brad childress....

let me expand...

way back in the denny green era, i wrote a letter of discontent to the vikings saying that he should get fired.

and low and behold at the end of the season he was fired.

The Dynasty
10-07-2008, 05:31 PM
maybe i should write a letter to the vikings...saying to fire brad childress....

let me expand...

way back in the denny green era, i wrote a letter of discontent to the vikings saying that he should get fired.

and low and behold at the end of the season he was fired.

I have wrote letters to viking players with a football card inside searching for autographs and I did receiver 2 back from Marcus McCauley and Chester Taylor so Letters do work lol.

ChezPower4
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I have wrote letters to viking players with a football card inside searching for autographs and I did receiver 2 back from Marcus McCauley and Chester Taylor so Letters do work lol.

When i was 14 i got Favre's Sig on a card doing that

The Dynasty
10-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Looks like we worked out some punters today.

– Crossett: A four-year letterman who appeared in 39 games as a punter and kicker at Missouri, he signed with the Colts this spring.

– Pakulak: He was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2003 and has had stops with the Steelers, Falcons, Titans, Bears and Raiders. He was released from Oakland’s practice squad in September.

– Paulescu: Originally signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2007, he was let go before that season. The Vikings are familiar with Paulescu. He punted five times against them for Denver in the 2007 regular-season finale.

– Plackemeier: He was drafted by Seattle in the seventh round of the 2006 draft after winning the Ray Guy award for his punting at Wake Forest in 2005. He was the Seahawks punter in 2006 and 2007 but lost his job early this season after one regular-season game. He had missed much of training camp recovering from pectoral surgery.

yo123
10-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Looks like we worked out some punters today.

Another reason that Childress fails. Kluwe is a beast.

the_legend_killer
10-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Another reason that Childress fails. Kluwe is a beast.

Agreed, Childress cutting Kluwe after one bad game would be ******* ********.

GB12
10-09-2008, 05:52 PM
If you guys cut Kluwe we will probably scoop him right up.

Vikes99ej
10-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't think he will be cut, but if Childress did let him go I wouldn't be surprised. That's sad.

the chosen one
10-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Chad Greenway- is he a pro bowl player? He has been playing pretty good lately and is unnoticed

GB12
10-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Chad Greenway- is he a pro bowl player? He has been playing pretty good lately and is unnoticed
He's 5th in the conference in tackles right now and with Henderson out he should rack up a ton. I could see him making the pro bowl this year.

Vikes99ej
10-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I think he could make it, but you never know which overrated east-coast a-holes will get in before him. I'm sure both Cowboys OLBs will make it in.

the_legend_killer
10-09-2008, 07:21 PM
It would be hard for Chad to break in right away. A lot of times it's a reputation bowl, unless you really excel at a big name position (AP, Bush, etc) so if he had a few good years I could see it.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Well Lance Briggs is a lock for one of those spots, DWare is probably another, can't think of the 3rd off the top of my head.

Heisman
10-09-2008, 10:44 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f146/rmoss038/Fantasy%20Football/Gus.jpg

Vikes99ej
10-15-2008, 02:40 PM
http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/10/harris_could_return_to_vikings.html

Just like old times.

yo123
10-15-2008, 06:04 PM
http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/10/harris_could_return_to_vikings.html

Just like old times.

Yay. I love signing players that can't get on the field for ****** teams. I suppose he might be the best option however.

FuzzyGopher
10-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Let's trade him and our 1st rounder for Randy Moss. SIKE! What team would dumb enough to do that??

the_legend_killer
10-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Who's next, Lemanski Hall?

vikes_28
10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
yeahhh...what a joke...i hate him...i hate brad childress...

i freakin love my girlfriend and her parents though. they bought me a ticket to the vikings packers game on the 9th of november. wooo!

DHVF
10-16-2008, 01:28 PM
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

Well, Naps back and Tapeh's gone. This kinda blows IMO as I really like Tapeh and was hoping he'd be our long term answer at FB and I don't care for Tahi too much, but I suppose this is Childress' perogative.

Vikes99ej
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I love the Napoleon Harris move.

giver17
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
I love the Napoleon Harris move.

i dont LOVE the fact that harris is at our MLB position, but given the situation I am satisfied. he will not be great, but hopefully he just wont hurt the team

Heisman
10-18-2008, 07:09 PM
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

Well, Naps back and Tapeh's gone. This kinda blows IMO as I really like Tapeh and was hoping he'd be our long term answer at FB and I don't care for Tahi too much, but I suppose this is Childress' perogative.

The reason Tapeh fell out of favor with our staff was that he didn't tell us he had surgery done just weeks before we signed him... thats why tahi has been playing so much. After that Tapeh's release was inevitable.

yo123
10-19-2008, 02:08 AM
i dont LOVE the fact that harris is at our MLB position, but given the situation I am satisfied. he will not be great, but hopefully he just wont hurt the team

Actually it sounds like Dontarious Thomas is going to get the start.

General Zod
10-19-2008, 11:48 AM
We just released Erin Henderson. To sign Rufus Alexander from the practice sqaud.

vikes_28
10-20-2008, 10:46 AM
that game was the worst excuse for trying i have ever seen.

what the hell? what the hell happend on special teams? that was freakin rediculous.

lets put in a young punt returner to see if he can touch the ball near the endzone...smart. lets try and kick the ball twice after the snap was bobbled...smart

so what next? fire childress? or fire special teams coach? or fire kluwe? or all three.

the_legend_killer
10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Things I liked from the game (Trying to take a few things positive):
- I liked that they got Chester Taylor more carries, along with AP.
- Berrian has stepped up the last 3 weeks
- Jared Allen getting a couple sacks.

Otherwise, it twas frustrating.

giver17
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
don't forget that AD surpassed 2,000 yards rushing, becoming the fast player in NFL history to do so (21 games)... that is at least worth some praise

FuzzyGopher
10-20-2008, 08:56 PM
don't forget that AD surpassed 2,000 yards rushing, becoming the fast player in NFL history to do so (21 games)... that is at least worth some praise

Third fastest, Dickerson did it in 18 games I believe and Portis did it in like 20 or something.

giver17
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Third fastest, Dickerson did it in 18 games I believe and Portis did it in like 20 or something.

yeah my bad, I must have read the article too fast or something, but yeah I was wrong. still bada** though

FuzzyGopher
10-21-2008, 10:21 PM
AD is a beast for sure.

djp
10-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Waived Alexander and re-signed Erin Henderson if anyone saw.

vikes_28
10-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Waived Alexander and re-signed Erin Henderson if anyone saw.

they need to make up their damn minds

FuzzyGopher
10-23-2008, 09:31 AM
I know he was dreadful for the first few games, but has anyone else been delightfully surprised by the recent play of Shiancoe? He has made some big plays the past few weeks and has hung on to the ball. It's not enough to completely forget how he played last year and early on this year but it's a huge improvement. Same thing with Berrian, maybe it's the fact that we have a SEMI-capable QB playing.

vikes_28
10-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I know he was dreadful for the first few games, but has anyone else been delightfully surprised by the recent play of Shiancoe? He has made some big plays the past few weeks and has hung on to the ball. It's not enough to completely forget how he played last year and early on this year but it's a huge improvement. Same thing with Berrian, maybe it's the fact that we have a SEMI-capable QB playing.

Thats all true. i would agree with the stepped up play by shiancoe and berrian.

i still agree that we need a new quarterback...

anyone for JDB?

The Dynasty
10-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Thats all true. i would agree with the stepped up play by shiancoe and berrian.

i still agree that we need a new quarterback...

anyone for JDB?

Only Gonzo lol, Booty is not ready for the NFL yet. He needs a couple more years of learning the system and picking up the speed of the NFL.

With Shiancoe finally performing it is good to see but i have been thinking about the offense trying to trade for Kellen Winslow but I have been Hesitant to say this because idk if he would be more of a problem with the team and office like he is in Cleveland. But I dont think it much of a problem right now because of Shaincoe performing the past couple weeks.

giver17
10-23-2008, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=

With Shiancoe finally performing it is good to see but i have been thinking about the offense trying to trade for Kellen Winslow but I have been Hesitant to say this because idk if he would be more of a problem with the team and office like he is in Cleveland. But I dont think it much of a problem right now because of Shaincoe performing the past couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

A talent like Winslow would be a great addition to the team, but he just sees to be the chad johnson of TE's, and that may be more trouble than it is worth. Plus, he is always injured. we would need to have a very dominate offensive leader who could keep him in check before we ever thought about going for him. plus, they would want a kings-ransom

GB12
10-23-2008, 05:21 PM
If you put Booty in you are giving up on the season. As not good as he is Ferotte is easily your best option.

Dr. Gonzo
10-23-2008, 08:41 PM
JDB = Awesomeness

vikes_28
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
JDB = Awesomeness

i still dont understand what your obsession is with JDB. He hasn't played at all. i don't get it.

damn i should become a better vikings fan because i sure as hell have never seen him play.

he wasn't even that good when he played at USC.

therefore justify why you think he is soooo great.

djp
10-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Rufus Alexander re-signed. lmao.

We are going up the creek without a paddle here.

Most of our best players' primes are right now and we don't have a quarterback to go with it. Childress really, really screwed this franchise with the Tarvaris debacle.

Nobody wants to sit and wait for a rookie QB to develop, but what choice do we really have? Does anyone want to throw loads of money at Matt Cassell?

At this point, I say we just draft the most pro-ready QB in round 1 and hope for the best. It's working for Atlanta..

Vikes99ej
10-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I'd much rather find a quarterback with SOME experience than draft another rookie and wait two years. We most likely will not find the next Matt Ryan.

Dr. Gonzo
10-24-2008, 12:53 PM
i still dont understand what your obsession is with JDB. He hasn't played at all. i don't get it.

damn i should become a better vikings fan because i sure as hell have never seen him play.

he wasn't even that good when he played at USC.

therefore justify why you think he is soooo great.

:(

He is our only hope! We must all keep the faith. None of us know just how great he possibly could be!

russie
10-24-2008, 04:48 PM
viking update wrote an article on the 2009 free agent qbs and their take on them

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=804428

Quarterbacks Who Are Considered Starters

Kurt Warner/Arizona Cardinals/UFA - Sources indicate that contract negotiations have been slow in getting Warner an extension but the team clearly doesn't trust Matt Leinart. If Warner continues to play well, look for the team to step up their effort to get Warner signed to a three-year deal.

Kerry Collins/Tennessee Titans/UFA - Things are going so well that it wouldn't be a surprise if they signed the veteran signal caller to an extension during the regular season.

Matt Cassel/New England Patriots/UFA - He's finally getting his shot to play and is starting to play better. Cassel could garner decent interest around the league next year if he continues to progress.

Jeff Garcia/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA - The team hasn't shown much interest in getting him signed to a new deal but if they continue to win, Garcia could make it hard to management not to sign him. Tampa Bay also doesn't have a younger quarterback that's really ready to emerge as the starter at the position.

Others Who Could Find Interest For Backup Purposes

Chris Simms/Tennessee Titans/UFA
J.P. Losman/Buffalo Bills/UFA
Byron Leftwich/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA
Rex Grossman/Chicago Bears/UFA
Kyle Boller/Baltimore Ravens/UFA
Luke McCown/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA
David Carr/New York Giants/UFA
Patrick Ramsey/Denver Broncos/UFA
Brooks Bollinger/Dallas Cowboys/UFA
Dan Orlovsky/Detroit Lions/UFA
Charlie Frye/Seattle Seahawks/UFA
Charlie Batch/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA
Anthony Wright/New York Giants/UFA

TitleTown088
10-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Not sure how many of you listen to KFAN, but Dubay go fired for Crack possession. That sucks, I love PA and Dubay.

Vikes99ej
10-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Not sure how many of you listen to KFAN, but Dubay go fired for Crack possession. That sucks, I love PA and Dubay.

Yeah, I liked listening to those two after a tough Vikings loss. I love PA's game announcing.

TitleTown088
10-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I liked listening to those two after a tough Vikings loss. I love PA's game announcing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wfYAGosi4

PA is my fav game caller.

Vikes99ej
10-24-2008, 09:52 PM

I know what that is, and I'm not opening it.

yo123
10-25-2008, 01:43 AM

http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/10118000/10118171.jpg

Eventually you will stop posting things like that.

Vikings4ever
10-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Bad news. Jay Glazier on the Fox pregame just said Kevin & Pat Williams face suspensions due to the water pill issue that was announced earlier this week.

djp
10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Bad news. Jay Glazier on the Fox pregame just said Kevin & Pat Williams face suspensions due to the water pill issue that was announced earlier this week.

are you kidding me?

The Dynasty
10-26-2008, 11:16 AM
well if its true then we should just throw in the towel....Our Defense will be killed without those 2.

djp
10-26-2008, 11:17 AM
yeah, the season is definitely over if they are both suspended 4 games. They are our 2 best players...

The Dynasty
10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
yeah, the season is definitely over if they are both suspended 4 games. They are our 2 best players...

Yeah pretty much.

1. Kevin Williams
2. Pat Williams
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Jared Allen
5. Antonie Winfield

Thats the top 5 imo.

....I joked with a friend saying The vikings will be the first team to ever lose on a bye...I think we just did it. If this is true.

PAT, KEVIN WILLIAMS HAD POSITIVE DIURETICS RESULTS, TOO
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2008, 12:22 p.m. EDT

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the list of players who tested positive for a banned diuretic include both of the Vikings’ starting defensive tackles, Pat and Kevin Williams.

If the suspensions ultimately are upheld, the Vikings would be without the services of both players for four games. And that would decimate the Vikings’ run defense.

Glazer also reports that Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jackson is one of the names on the list.

The release of these names further highlights concerns that league sources are leaking confidential information regarding appeals that have not been finalized. Attorney David Cornwell, who reportedly will be representing some of the affected players, has recently made an aggressive call for measures aimed at ensuring that reporters don’t disclose this confidential information without also disclosing the source.

found this from pft.com

russie
10-26-2008, 11:56 AM
yes!! we will be in line for a top five pick, i cant wait to see them pay too much to a player that hasnt ever stepped on the field!!!!! :(

The Dynasty
10-26-2008, 11:57 AM
yes!! we will be in line for a top five pick, i cant wait to see them pay too much to a player that hasnt ever stepped on the field!!!!! :(

Well there's always a option of trading back....maybe even for QB already in the NFL....but I dont think we will have top 5...Ill say Top 15 for sure maybe Top 10.

russie
10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Well there's always a option of trading back....maybe even for QB already in the NFL....but I dont think we will have top 5...Ill say Top 15 for sure maybe Top 10.

we are at 3-4 right now, drop another 4 games, and the best we could hope for is 8-8. the way teams are tearing apart this defense doesnt bode well for the last 5 games

alright, maybe not top 5, i forgot that the lions and bengals are winless as well as the 49ers and browns stepping on thier own dicks every game

General Zod
10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
We'll be picking top 10 for sure if the Williams get suspended for 4 games.

giver17
10-26-2008, 02:18 PM
this is devastating

russie
10-26-2008, 02:28 PM
hopefully with a top 10 pick we could get another adrian peterson instead of another troy williamson

Dr. Gonzo
10-26-2008, 02:52 PM
If we are in the top 10 I would be looking to draft Malcom Jenkins, one of the big 3 OT's, or Sam Bradford.

FuzzyGopher
10-26-2008, 03:51 PM
I love Jenkins but that is a high pick for a CB considering we run a cover 2.

russie
10-26-2008, 03:54 PM

true, but all of our corners (other than winfield) are ****

Dr. Gonzo
10-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Indeed. I just think Jenkins is too perfect for our scheme. Our pass D sucks so I saw forget trying to find CB steals in late rounds already and draft a stud. I also really like Macho Harris as a second round guy for us.

vikes_28
10-27-2008, 10:40 AM
please...just not a quarterback...find that one in Free agency.

The Dynasty
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
This week we play the texans and I just have a feeling that this is going to be one High Scoring game. Schaub vs Our Pass D and AD vs the Texans Rush D.

Also looks like we will have the Williams' this week.

vikes_28
10-28-2008, 09:13 AM
so is it going to be another bears game?

that was rediculous...

giver17
10-28-2008, 10:09 AM
so is it going to be another bears game?

that was rediculous...

as long as our special teams don't shoot themselves in the foot, and we can contain Andre Johnson, we should be fine. Steve Slaton and Ahman Green don't scare me in the least.

The Dynasty
10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Looks like we will have Madieu Williams back for this game according to startribune.com. It will be good to see him for the first time.

vikes_28
10-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Looks like we will have Madieu Williams back for this game according to startribune.com. It will be good to see him for the first time.

THANK YOU JESUS!

General Zod
10-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Why hasnt Marcus McCauley been active? With our pass coverage the way it is this season so far, why not give him a bit of playing time. I mean, can he be any worse then Cedric or Charles Gordon?

vikes_28
10-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Why hasnt Marcus McCauley been active? With our pass coverage the way it is this season so far, why not give him a bit of playing time. I mean, can he be any worse then Cedric or Charles Gordon?

I actually thought he would get more playing time the cedric at the beginning of the season. but i was wrong..

TitleTown088
10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/10118000/10118171.jpg

Eventually you will stop posting things like that.

Mine was in honor of PA.

Two can play this game :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8zx39b2Ny0&feature=related

TitleTown088
11-03-2008, 12:19 PM
According to the startribune Allen has a separated shoulder, which required an injection at halftime.

FuzzyGopher
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
That sucks with the pending suspensions of Pat and Kevin Williams. He did have 2 sacks in the second half though.

Vikes99ej
11-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Doesn't matter if Allen plays or not. Clifton will own his **** again.

TitleTown088
11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Doesn't matter if Allen plays or not. Clifton will own his **** again.

CLiffy has played subpar as of late However he may not get the chance. Star tribune says it's an AC sprain and he may not be able to play.

DHVF
11-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Doesn't matter if Allen plays or not. Clifton will hold his **** again.
Fixed it for you.

General Zod
11-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Fixed it for you.

lol thats good.

I think Allen will be a go for the game. Id be real surprised otherwise. And barring a setback through the week with his shoulder, I think he'll be more effective this time around against the pack. It seems to me that he has been playing better just about every week.

Ozzy
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Ozzy: Last time I checked pretty much every team in the NFL has talent to some degree. Obviously we do not have that much talent because we have few backup quality DEs. We do not have good quality backup LBs, we also do not have a very deep offensive line, thus Hicks as our starting OT. On top of that we need more good TEs that can stretch the field, and some of our free agents, aka Berrian are not playing well and M. Williams is not even on the field because he is injured.
Turns out having Madieu Williams on the field helps after all huh...greatly improves are lack luster safety play so far this year. Not to mention the emergence of one receiver named Berrian playing up to his potential. McKinnie in the lineup, all of a sudden we can run the ball better and have more time to pass the ball in the pocket. Shocked, things are not looking so bad after all....and Childress was the problem a month ago?

vikes_28
11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
....and Childress was the problem a month ago?

Don't get me started...

Dr. Gonzo
11-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Turns out having Madieu Williams on the field helps after all huh...greatly improves are lack luster safety play so far this year. Not to mention the emergence of one receiver named Berrian playing up to his potential. McKinnie in the lineup, all of a sudden we can run the ball better and have more time to pass the ball in the pocket. Shocked, things are not looking so bad after all....and Childress was the problem a month ago?

So we win one game and all of the sudden Childress is not the problem and you were right all along? It is pointless ever arguing with you because you are consistently wrong and refuse to ever admit it. You are such a useless and ignorant poster.

Ozzy
11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
So we win one game and all of the sudden Childress is not the problem and you were right all along? It is pointless ever arguing with you because you are consistently wrong and refuse to ever admit it. You are such a useless and ignorant poster.Yes sir! :rolleyes:

Bring you vast and all mighty knowledge into the NFL draft forum one of these days.

vikes_28
11-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes sir! :rolleyes:

Bring you vast and all mighty knowledge into the NFL draft forum one of these days.

i think your head is too big...get over yourself

Ozzy
11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
i think your head is too big...get over yourselfSo that is why I cannot ever find a hat that fits me.

Is this not a NFL draft site? I hear a lot of people talk a bunch of stuff, yet in reality know only a little bit about NFL prospects. A few posters actually know there stuff in terms of NFL draft prospects, the rest are much more casual about it. Thus I will call out people that insult me and if they want a fight, come get a taste.;)

Dr. Gonzo
11-04-2008, 02:21 PM
So that is why I cannot ever find a hat that fits me.

No seriously, I would love more lively debate in the NFL draft forums because is this not a NFL draft site? I hear a lot of people talk a bunch of stuff, yet in reality know only a little bit about NFL prospects. Thus I would love more debate/conversation in those forms. I would also love to find someone that has seen the amount of players I have and discuss them. Two or three posters actually know there stuff in terms of NFL draft prospects, the rest are much more casual about it.

You are such a douche. Just because you have a crazy amount of time available to watch college games all of the sudden means that every single argument you make is right I guess. Seriously, just go build that new draft message board that you have brought up over and over again because apparently 99 percent of the posters here are idiots if we are oing by what you think. I do not talk about prospects all the time because I do not get that chance to watch as many games as I like so I have nothing of great value to contribute. You on the other hand seem to love making useless and dumb posts. I post on this forum because it is the best NFL forum and I love the draft, not because I know a ******** about prospects. I really would love to watch more college games so I could debate you about prospects as I am sure you are wrong just as much about prospects as you are about everything else NFL related. You really need to stop thinking you are smarter and better than every other poster on this forum because you are most certainly not. At all.

Ozzy
11-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I really would love to watch more college games so I could debate you about prospects as I am sure you are wrong just as much about prospects as you are about everything else NFL related. You really need to stop thinking you are smarter and better than every other poster on this forum because you are most certainly not. At all.Two words, come get a taste....

Yes it is moderately pathetic how I can watch tons of college football games, and have analyzed college football players and NFL prospects for about a decade now. Too bad you cannot talk prospects though. Yes I agree how I send messages is off putting.

And want to know more about NFL draft prospects, take a look at my prospect thread, there is all you need to know and it will keep you quite up to date on the hot young NFL prospects, well not as hot as Avril but still ;)

Back to the fact that two players coming back off of injury and the emergence of one talented player has made the Vikings look like quite a good team. Even with the devil on their sideline supposedly, but I thought Halloween was over.

Dr. Gonzo
11-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Two words, come get a taste....

Yes it is moderately pathetic how I can watch tons of college football games, and have analyzed college football players and NFL prospects for about a decade now. Too bad you cannot talk prospects though. Yes I agree how I send messages is off putting.

And want to know more about NFL draft prospects, take a look at my prospect thread, there is all you need to know and it will keep you quite up to date on the hot young NFL prospects, well not as hot as Avril but still ;)

Back to the fact that two players coming back off of injury and the emergence of one talented player has made the Vikings look like quite a good team. Even with the devil on their sideline supposedly, but I thought Halloween was over.

I think you are forgetting the played the Texans. Beating the Texans does not mean we are a really good thing. I happen to think that we are an extremly talented team that is being held back by horrible coaching. Some weeks we will look good because our talent overcomes coaching but even then we are looking good against bad teams. Hopefully we continue this good play but I have my doubts.

djp
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Don't make me lock this thread please.

Dr. Gonzo
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Don't make me lock this thread please.

The conflict has been resolved. No need to lock it.

vikes_28
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
why do i have to be at school for 8 hours a day? i could have said so much...

moving on to happier topics...i think jared allen is a go for this weekend. as he damn well better be...

im going to my first vikings game this weekend and i want to see jared allen play. any tips on getting in and out of the metrodome?

The Dynasty
11-04-2008, 06:19 PM

moving on to happier topics...i think jared allen is a go for this weekend. as he damn well better be...

im going to my first vikings game this weekend and i want to see jared allen play. any tips on getting in and out of the metrodome?

When i was out there, given it was only a preseason game but i took the metrorail i think thats what it was called from the Mall of America. But your probably driving in so that probably helps you very little lol.

djp
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM

No real tips, unless you are looking for parking. Make sure you go in the right gate, cuz they get pissed when you try to get in the wrong gate.

I park just off of Washington near Matt Birk's restaurant and another place called The Press Box. It's 20 bucks, but it's easy getting in and out.

Where are your tickets? Our season tickets are Section 138 row 30.

Beware of Packer fans. They talk a lot of **** before and sometimes after the game. I've almost been in fights a few times with those idiots.

giver17
11-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Beware of Packer fans. They talk a lot of **** before and sometimes after the game. I've almost been in fights a few times with those idiots.

Agreed, I went to a packer game when i was about 13, and I even wanted to open a can of whoopa** on someone then! But, it is always such a fun game. I was at the Houston game sunday, and that was a blast. If you dont want to park for $20 find a lot outside of downtown and take bus 3 to the dome for like $1.50

pete_norm
11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I just read that on min.scout.com. Wanted to post it here for discussison because I find those grades pretty funny. Especially since he thinks that our special teams are better than both our offence and defence. Also, he puts a D- on the 11th defence in the NFL (2nd againt the run) that greatly improved IMO since last year.

The comment at the start also makes no sense because the Vikings won the last game and the quarterbacking is better with Gus (even if i agree that we need someone for the future).

Just thought it's a real strange analysis of the team

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=808421

Minnesota Vikings Mid Term Report Card

By Tom Marino
Lead NFL Analyst
Posted Nov 5, 2008

Just when you think this club has hit their stride, they find themselves on the short-end of a score against an opponent they should have totally dominated. The main reason for this lack of consistency over the past three seasons has been the Vikings very shaky quarterback situation and the staffs inability to adequately develop a young signal caller.

TEAM: Minnesota Vikings

OFFENSE D-

DEFENSE C+

SPEC. TEAMS B-

COACHING D+

FRONT OFFICE D

SCOUTING B+

OVERALL C-

STRENGTH RB, DE, LB, OG, DT

WEAKNESS QB, WR, TE,

OFF. MVP Adrian Peterson

DEF. MVP Chad Greenway

TOP ROOKIE Tyrell Johnson

Comments: With the exception of the quarterback position, the Minnesota Vikings are overall the most talented squad in the highly competitive NFC North division. Defensively, discounting their 48 to 41 loss to the Bears, they are a very sound unit and on the offensive side of the football, explosive running back Adrian Peterson makes a very pedestrian unit a force to be reckoned with. Former Bears receiver Bernard Berrian has really upgraded what was previously a very disappointing group.

Like their division rival Chicago Bears, the Vikings scouting staff led by Scott Studwell, Conrad Cardano, Kevin McCabe and Jamaal Stephenson are a first rate unit.

The Wilf family is still finding their way, but in reality do not understand the intricacies associated with the business. Rob Brzezinski and Kevin Warren are bean counters and not football people, while Rick Spielman track record with the Bears, Lions and Dolphins has nobody thinking that he is the second coming of Jim Finks.

Third year head coach Brad Childress heads a massive coaching staff comprised of 25 individuals and has done little to distinguish himself in my opinion. If the club can put together a strong second half, they have an even chance of capturing an NFC North title, but if they play does not improve, there is an excellent chance that could be some

the_Kid
11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
those rankings are absolute ********. Im not sure he even watched the bears game because he blamed it on the defense. lol the special teams is the top ranked unit.

vikes_28
11-05-2008, 10:44 AM
No real tips, unless you are looking for parking. Make sure you go in the right gate, cuz they get pissed when you try to get in the wrong gate.

I park just off of Washington near Matt Birk's restaurant and another place called The Press Box. It's 20 bucks, but it's easy getting in and out.

Where are your tickets? Our season tickets are Section 138 row 30.

thanks for the advice. i'm not sure where our tickets are. but i know im in the lower endzone. row 39 or something like that. i'll be with a pretty brunette girl. ;)

The Dynasty
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Allen gets bad news
November 5th, 2008 – 1:14 PM by Judd Zulgad

Vikings defensive end Jared Allen said today he has a third-degree sprain of his right shoulder. That’s the most serious sprain, and usually indicates a torn ligament.

Allen said he doesn’t know if he’ll play on Sunday against the Packers.

Given the severity of the injury, however, it doesn’t seem likely he could play.

Allen was injured Sunday against the Texans, but got a pain-killing injection at halftime and finished the game. He had two sacks, giving him seven on the season.

We’ll update after locker room access concludes.

Looks like we will figure out how else to get pressure on Rodgers. I remember from last game He Scrambled out of the pocket a lot, so we need to contain him. As well as shut down Jennings. Not an Easy task but it can be done. It might help with having a Veteran safety this time around and not a Rookie in his 1st Game. Gus as well could be helpful. He might throw an INT or 2 but he will be able to drive us unlike what Tarvaris could in Green Bay.

I dont have a good feeling this week but if Adrian starts running well early ill feel better about it

“They tried to amputate it earlier. That was tough. I did some electric shock therapy. I don’t know what that had to do with my shoulder though. They recommended heroin, but I said that was against all league policies, so I stayed well away from that. I don’t even know what I’m doing. Rehab stuff. You’d have to talk to [the trainers] about that.”

I laughed so much when i read this lol.

TitleTown088
11-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Looks like we will figure out how else to get pressure on Rodgers.I remember from last game He Scrambled out of the pocket a lot, so we need to contain him. As well as shut down Jennings. Not an Easy task but it can be done. It might help with having a Veteran safety this time around and not a Rookie in his 1st Game. Madeau will help out no doubt, but also remember that Rodgers was essentially a " rookie' in his first game as well. He'll have more freedom in this game I think.

Gus as well could be helpful. He might throw an INT or 2 but he will be able to drive us unlike what Tarvaris could in Green Bay. Have to agree. Gus is undoubtedly an improvement in my mind. However, green bay's secondary has held quarterbacks to the lowest passer rating in the NFL this season, well see how ol' gus holds up.

I dont have a good feeling this week but if Adrian starts running well early ill feel better about it

With the way the Packers run defense has been playing AD could very well make this game interesting.

Also, If they knew Allen potentially had that severe of sprain why the hell did they give him a pain injection? Can't that potentially lead to further damage? Sounds like a big risk for a guy you gave up a 1st, two 3rds, and 70 mil for.

giver17
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Also, If they knew Allen potentially had that severe of sprain why the hell did they give him a pain injection? Can't that potentially lead to further damage? Sounds like a big risk for a guy you gave up a 1st, two 3rds, and 70 mil for.

you seem to forget that brad childress has the IQ of a donkey.

FuzzyGopher
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
So DeAngelo Hall was officially released today. I didn't think anything of it when the news first broke and it never crossed my mind of him coming here. But it does make a little sense if he came at a reasonable price. Griffin sucks, we have no depth and Hall would have safety help over the top. I'm not saying I am a hoping it will happen, but it he is very intriguing. Thoughts?

DHVF
11-05-2008, 09:23 PM
We don't have the money. I think the last article I read said our cap level was somewhere around 2.5 million under. Also, our coaching staff for the most part seems very pleased with Griffin's play.

yo123
11-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Also, our coaching staff for the most part seems very pleased with Griffin's play.

That's why I hate our coaching staff.

djp
11-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Hall doesn't even fit our scheme whatsoever. The Tampa 2 needs good tacklers, not cover corners. It's why Smoot sucked here.

General Zod
11-06-2008, 12:27 AM
and mark my words...

DeAngelo Hall=Dallas Cowboys

bet on it.