PDA

View Full Version : Redo the 2009 draft

LonghornsLegend
11-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Anyone want to take a shot at this? Obviously every team would have been able to have a perfect draft in hindsight, but damn we could have at least gotten 1 or 2 key players. Keep in mind Gilbert sucks by all accounts, Sean Smith has been benched, William Beatty hasn't been impressive either and only fits at LT, which were some of the guys we were looking at to be drafted and pissed that we passed.

As of now all I can see is that we should have been trading up, not down. Trading a 2nd, and 3rd I have no idea right now how far it would have gotten us up into the 2nd round, but Louis Delmas & Jairius Byrd look like they would be the best bets for us to trade up for. It wasn't the strongest draft ever, but moving down certainly wasn't the right thing to do.

thule
11-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Loadholt would have been a better pick than Brewster later.

Tate would have then been the next guy I would target.

I was fine with McGee

That said I also was high on TJ Lang

Terrence Taylor, Cody Brown, William Moore were also guys I was high on. Needless to say this draft was extremely weak...and I think something like 27% of 3rd round picks have been cut from this class.

If you want to look at the thing that hurt the most it was Roy Williams trade. We'd have Michael Oher right now.......grrrrrrrr

D-Unit
11-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Is there still time to trade up for my boy Rey Maualuga?

LonghornsLegend
11-07-2010, 11:03 AM
If you want to look at the thing that hurt the most it was Roy Williams trade. We'd have Michael Oher right now.......grrrrrrrr

Weren't we gonna take Maclin though? I feel like we would have just screwed up and missed out on Oher. But your right the draft class was ****** in general, so many of the players we wanted ended up trash anyway.

Loadholt I forgot would have been great, Rey Rey would be 10x better then the JAG's we have inside also. Hell Loadholt may even be able to play some guard, he's not the best RT from what I've seen but he wouldn't have been rushed out there too soon. It was one of those classes where you would probably want to trade up for a few key players you were really high on and this is the draft we traded down and ended up with a ton of useless picks lol.