PDA

View Full Version : Brian Kelly's statements on Declon Sullivan


soybean
11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to point out how classy Brian Kelly is or was about the whole situation. Notre Dame Football is in good hands [/sarcasm]

"I think everybody uses common sense, I remember many many times in my career telling a guy to get the heck down because there was lightning in the area," Kelly said Thursday.

"It's still about common sense, in everything we do. I think I moved a water cooler, one of those ice cold water things, I moved two of those today that were too close to the playing field. So everybody is cognizant of safety."

If I am the parent of the kid that died, this sets me on fire, if I was not already.

wonderbredd24
11-06-2010, 01:08 PM
About the only good news for the Irish is they can't lose this week.

Michigan
11-06-2010, 02:53 PM
"I think everybody uses common sense, I remember many many times in my career telling a guy to get the heck down because there was lightning in the area," Kelly said Thursday.

"It's still about common sense, in everything we do. I think I moved a water cooler, one of those ice cold water things, I moved two of those today that were too close to the playing field. So everybody is cognizant of safety."

If I am the parent of the kid that died, this sets me on fire, if I was not already.

Wait. Seriously? This can't be real.

lowlife
11-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I had a feeling the title was sarcasm....

Kelly is an arrogant, tactless coward of a man. Touchdown Jesus is not cool with this.

Brent
11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
you stay class, Brian Kelly!

CashmoneyDrew
11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the kid, being the lowest block of the totem pole, thought "Hey, I'm going to tell the coaches I'm not going to film their practices even they they've forced practice to be outside."
This was definitely a situation in which the young man didn't feel comfortable at all going up there (as evidenced by his tweets) but was obviously afraid of losing his spot on the team if he spoke up and said something.

LizardState
11-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the kid, being the lowest block of the totem pole, thought "Hey, I'm going to tell the coaches I'm not going to film their practices even they they've forced practice to be outside."
This was definitely a situation in which the young man didn't feel comfortable at all going up there (as evidenced by his tweets) but was obviously afraid of losing his spot on the team if he spoke up and said something.

Declon deserves kudos for his great courage in going up there in that wind. 98% of ppl would have said Eff it, fire me if you want to but I'm not going up there.

703SKINS202
11-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Pretty nice guy Kelly is.

P-L
11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
People never believed me for some reason, but **** like this is the exact reason why Brian Kelly never got a big-time job until this past year. He's a total dick in every way imaginable. Michigan State passed on this guy for Mark Dantonio. What does that say about you when a team passes you over based on concerns over your character and then goes on to hire Mark Dantonio? Michigan wouldn't even interview the guy based on his personality and they ended up hiring Rich Rodriguez, who did some shady things at West Virginia. 70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Brian Kelly's ego.

Sniper
11-08-2010, 01:42 PM
People never believed me for some reason, but **** like this is the exact reason why Brian Kelly never got a big-time job until this past year. He's a total dick in every way imaginable. Michigan State passed on this guy for Mark Dantonio. What does that say about you when a team passes you over based on concerns over your character and then goes on to hire Mark Dantonio? Michigan wouldn't even interview the guy based on his personality and they ended up hiring Rich Rodriguez, who did some shady things at West Virginia. 70% of the Earth is covered in water. The other 30% is covered by Brian Kelly's ego.

Matt Millen raves about Dantonio's character. As we all know, Millen is the expert on football in the state of Michigan, so where are you going with that comment?